NATION

PASSWORD

Is Hexing/Cursing Minors Ever Okay?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Bluepillar
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Is Hexing/Cursing Minors Ever Okay?

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:55 pm

Some of us here aren't completely oblivious to the fact that something called the left hand path, and similar things, exist, so I've come to ask a question.

is hexing minors ever okay? I'm not sure how to feel about it, tbh. Minors are obviously capable of unforgiving crimes so in those circumstances it's understandable, but what about outside of those? and even then isn't it questionable?

disclaimer: It doesn't matter whether you think it's real or not, so keep the insults t9 others' religions out kindly. please. i do not want moderators having to come to this thread :(
Last edited by Bluepillar on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
they/them, please.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Well I don't believe in magic, but since you asked nicely I'll approach this topic as if I did.

What does 'Hexing' do, in this case? I'd imagine the morality of it would be similar to doing something mundane with a similar effect.

Generally one should not harm minors, and offer them more openness to rehabilitation than others would normally get seeing as everyone's a dumbass at least one point or another in their early lives.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 pm

Albrenia wrote:Well I don't believe in magic, but since you asked nicely I'll approach this topic as if I did.

What does 'Hexing' do, in this case? I'd imagine the morality of it would be similar to doing something mundane with a similar effect.

Generally one should not harm minors, and offer them more openness to rehabilitation than others would normally get seeing as everyone's a dumbass at least one point or another in their early lives.

a hex is a curse, and can actually be quite draining or expensive or costly to do, depending on religion, path, and.method. sometimes it involves sacrifice of living animals, or harm to self. other times it's just a nife letter you write to your God asking for a favor. and other.times it's focusing on thoughts of harm to another person (think homicidal meditation)

sometimes the goal is to teach through positive or negative reinforcement (a spell of learning), other times it's to kill... and sometiems when people hex, they do more than casting and leaving it, and actively seek to destroy the other person in some way.
they/them, please.

Old Tanokiana
Envoy

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Old Tanokiana » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Well of course it's wrong. Will it stop someone from hexing a kid though? Probably not.

In the Philippines I can go to my local witch doctor and tell them to curse a rich couple, all for 20 bucks or some weird fetch quest for a Kapre's tooth. The only thing that stands in your way really is if you believe in Christ or Allah.
PT-MT Nation used to be a representation of my views, NS stats are used rarely
Former Member of: CUSP, UIC
TG me if something's off. I'll probably rewrite my lore when I get to it, if I get to it lol

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE RUSSIAN CZAR | Old Tanokiana is an Orthodox Greco-Frankish nation located in modern day Lower Saxony, Germany.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Only if they dig too greedily and too deep.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm

I don’t think it’s okay to place magical curses on children.

This isn’t something I’d want. Children shouldn’t be hexed. Children should be happy and be in a safe learning environment. Children should be healthy. Children shouldn’t be cursed.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:13 pm

I'm not sure. Will it perhaps teach future generations of children a valuable moral lesson?
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Old Tanokiana wrote:Well of course it's wrong. Will it stop someone from hexing a kid though? Probably not.

In the Philippines I can go to my local witch doctor and tell them to curse a rich couple, all for 20 bucks or some weird fetch quest for a Kapre's tooth. The only thing that stands in your way really is if you believe in Christ or Allah.

that's sooo cheap.

The Holy Therns wrote:I'm not sure. Will it perhaps teach future generations of children a valuable moral lesson?

uhhh...not a future generation, but perhaps the minor
they/them, please.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t think it’s okay to place magical curses on children.

This isn’t something I’d want. Children shouldn’t be hexed. Children should be happy and be in a safe learning environment. Children should be healthy. Children shouldn’t be cursed.

what if they commit a violent crime or.generally unforgivable act that i cant mention wjthiut a trigger warning?

and less so young children, more so... like...14 to17 year olds.

there are ways to stop someone from accessing magicks, and if they targeted young children that's probajly what I'd hope to achieve
they/them, please.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:24 pm

Bluepillar wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t think it’s okay to place magical curses on children.

what if they commit a violent crime or.generally unforgivable act that i cant mention wjthiut a trigger warning?

there are ways to stop someone from accessing magicks, and if they targeted young children that's probajly what I'd hope to achieve

What would the effect of casting a curse on a child be?

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:31 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:
well, I'm not the one that's doing it, so idk the specifics, but curses are never intended to do good.

What would the effect of casting a curse on a child be?
they/them, please.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:34 pm

I'm sorry, I had a few drinks last night and appear to have woken up in the 16th century. Why the hell are we all casually discussing this as if there's any chance any of this is remotely real?

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Radiatia wrote:I'm sorry, I had a few drinks last night and appear to have woken up in the 16th century. Why the hell are we all casually discussing this as if there's any chance any of this is remotely real?

Possibly because neopaganism is seeing a resurgence in the 21st century.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Radiatia wrote:I'm sorry, I had a few drinks last night and appear to have woken up in the 16th century. Why the hell are we all casually discussing this as if there's any chance any of this is remotely real?

We have threads on Christianity, Judaism, Islam ... This is basically about an aspect of black magic (the left-hand path), which is sort of, kind of a religion or a philosophy or ... something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-hand ... -hand_path
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:37 pm

a.) see disclaimer
b.) dont call others religions fake. thats.not okay. you should know not to be so arrogant in the own supremacy of your own world view by now.
c.) did you not notice that witches are /everywhere/? there are oger a million in America according to statistics, but I happen to be fairly certain there are more than that cause I'm fairlt secretive
they/them, please.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:37 pm

If I ever learned that there's such magic, I would have wasted no time in giving everyone a strawberry ice-cream.

Just a normal one, no curses, no drawbacks. Just wholesome magic, come on.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:39 pm

Yes, because there's no such thing as magic.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014

Postby Xmara » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 pm

Valentine Z wrote:If I ever learned that there's such magic, I would have wasted no time in giving everyone a strawberry ice-cream.

Can you make mine cookie dough flavored?
Last edited by Xmara on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 pm

Bluepillar wrote:

a.) see disclaimer
b.) dont call others religions fake. thats.not okay. you should know not to be so arrogant in the own supremacy of your own world view by now.
c.) did you not notice that witches are /everywhere/? there are oger a million in America according to statistics, but I happen to be fairly certain there are more than that cause I'm fairlt secretive

This is NSG. People call other religions fake all the time.

That being said, I don't believe in this, but if I did then anything that harms anyone else, especially a child, is disgusting and never acceptable for any reason whatsoever.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Bluepillar wrote:

a.) see disclaimer

NSG is OOC. :p
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 pm

I don't really believe in the common idea and practice of magic.

That being said, probably not ok to will grievous harm on a minor, no.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Xmara wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:If I ever learned that there's such magic, I would have wasted no time in giving everyone a strawberry ice-cream.

Can you make mine cookie dough flavored?

Oh, certainly! Said the magic words: Ala-ka-yum. :P

-----

For the topic, let's just assume magic does happen. You know how I feel about cursing or hexing even towards an adult, so... A kid is a no-no, like why in the world would I ever do that?

Maybe less of a curse, and just gonna use my magic to make their chairs uneven and wobble, but that would be as far as I would go!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:47 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:
a.) see disclaimer

This is NSG. People call other religions fake all the time.

That being said, I don't believe in this, but if I did then anything that harms anyone else, especially a child, is disgusting and never acceptable for any reason whatsoever.

the only people i say have a fake and or harmful religion tend to be Mormons, Catholics, and Scientologists, and even then most Mormons and Catholics I've mer seem pretty chill. It's more so the upper echelons i have a problem with. buf, uh, abuse of authority is a discussion for elsewhere.

What Im.getting at is that people might want to learn to stay on topic, and can pent their global fedora endeavor on 4chan with the rest of the joyless people. idc really you believe in it or not, but unlike some in this thread I will actually engage in the conversations prompted or leave/ignore them instead of taking up space that could be useful for other things - like said conversation

but they might not,and that's okay.

And I see. Yeah. I find people that have violent thoughts about harming children to be sketchy at best tbh... like in any situation, whether or not you think magic is fake, putting so much time, effott, and thought into something so malicious is a bit much when it comes to children.

edit: oop. forgot to say, sometimes other ovcultists are definitely dangerous, and i dont mean cause they'll hex you. see the Order of Nine Angels. they tried to start a war by getting Jihadists toattack a group ofUS soldiers overseas. there's a lot more to them, but underestimating occultists as people that do things better left in the 16th century is itself dangerous because it forgets organizations like the Thule, and their influence on O9A and the Priesthood of Phinneas, both of which /sound/ fake but also definitely murder people. people that think occultists cant be dangerous live in a preciously naive world where demonologist neo-nazis dont exist.
Last edited by Bluepillar on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
they/them, please.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:51 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Xmara wrote:Can you make mine cookie dough flavored?

Oh, certainly! Said the magic words: Ala-ka-yum. :P

-----

For the topic, let's just assume magic does happen. You know how I feel about cursing or hexing even towards an adult, so... A kid is a no-no, like why in the world would I ever do that?

Maybe less of a curse, and just gonna use my magic to make their chairs uneven and wobble, but that would be as far as I would go!

witchcraft definitelt happens, and some of it js linked to human murder (see targeting of albinos in some places in the world), and others are literally harmless tree huggers. whether or notir does anything can be debated. this conversation is more so about intent and justification, not whetber witches are real - which they very much are (and they never stopped being real).
they/them, please.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 pm

is kids getting turned into frogs or whatever enough of a problem in society that there needs to be a discussion of its morality lol
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General