NATION

PASSWORD

General Assembly Q&A

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nepleslia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Nepleslia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Untecna wrote:I find it that I still prefer WA legislation over my own. Anyone else without WA membership feel the same?

I see little reason to hand my nation’s self-governance and sovereignty over to a bunch of self-serving globalist bureaucrats that are both unelected and unaccountable.
Last edited by Nepleslia on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Nepleslia wrote:
Untecna wrote:I find it that I still prefer WA legislation over my own. Anyone else without WA membership feel the same?

I see little reason to hand my nation’s self-governance and sovereignty over to a bunch of self-serving globalist bureaucrats that are both unelected and unaccountable.

The WA is a democratic institution without leaders. You don't understand the WA or how it works.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:30 pm

So I have been trying to get different legislations passed over the last few weeks and now my region is dying , I only have one endorsement and cannot continue trying to write them if I only have that small amount, and before you say you can leave your region, No. I will not leave my region. Can anyone help me with this
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Sat April 20th, 1982, edited 69,419 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠻⣿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⣀⣀⠀⣿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠻⣿⣿⣿⠅⠛⠋⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢼⣿⣿⣿⣃⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣟⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣛⣛⣫⡄⠀⢸⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⡆⠸⣿⣿⣿⡷⠂⠨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⣿⡿⠋⠁⢀⡶⠪⣉⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢸⣿⣷⣿⣿⣷⣦⡙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Islands Of Ventro wrote:So I have been trying to get different legislations passed over the last few weeks and now my region is dying , I only have one endorsement and cannot continue trying to write them if I only have that small amount, and before you say you can leave your region, No. I will not leave my region. Can anyone help me with this

If you aren't willing to leave your region, I'm not sure why other people would be willing to leave their regions. There's nothing else anybody can do.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Wille-Harlia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wille-Harlia » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:43 pm

Is there any specific thread that lists the appropriate syntax for GA Proposals? Like whether to use a semicolon, colon, period, etc.
Posts are OOC unless marked otherwise.
My posts are not the views of any NS region, organization, or other group unless marked as such.
Minister to the World Assembly: John J. Hill

Government Positions:
Former Senior Senator for Himes West, 10000 Islands (RP Moderator)
Minister of Labor, 10000 Islands
Registrar-General & Chief of Staff to the Founder, 10000 Islands

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 am

Wille-Harlia wrote:Is there any specific thread that lists the appropriate syntax for GA Proposals? Like whether to use a semicolon, colon, period, etc.

Though it isn’t a thread, there is a web page, authored by Imperium Anglorum, which explains legislative styles.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Wille-Harlia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Wille-Harlia » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:41 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Wille-Harlia wrote:Is there any specific thread that lists the appropriate syntax for GA Proposals? Like whether to use a semicolon, colon, period, etc.

Though it isn’t a thread, there is a web page, authored by Imperium Anglorum, which explains legislative styles.

Thanks!
Posts are OOC unless marked otherwise.
My posts are not the views of any NS region, organization, or other group unless marked as such.
Minister to the World Assembly: John J. Hill

Government Positions:
Former Senior Senator for Himes West, 10000 Islands (RP Moderator)
Minister of Labor, 10000 Islands
Registrar-General & Chief of Staff to the Founder, 10000 Islands

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:56 am

Just so everyone knows, someone is trying to repeal GAR#17.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:38 am

Untecna wrote:Just so everyone knows, someone is trying to repeal GAR#17.

Anybody is welcome to try to repeal anything in the GA. We don't need notices when people try. Especially when the proposal won't hit quorum.

Shubharora734
Civilian

Founded: Dec 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shubharora734 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:53 am

I don't think I'm really understanding your question, because I can't see the connection between "parliament" and "world police". The WA can't be the sort of parliament that decides to go to war or set up a world police, because it's been told it can't have armies, military or police.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:11 pm

Shubharora734 wrote:I don't think I'm really understanding your question, because I can't see the connection between "parliament" and "world police". The WA can't be the sort of parliament that decides to go to war or set up a world police, because it's been told it can't have armies, military or police.

This seems entirely devoid of context. Can you provide some?

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

New France Republic
Civilian

Founded: Dec 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New France Republic » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Wrapper wrote:
Urgench wrote:Either that or can legality issues be dealt with the old way, in drafting threads ?

This thread is primarily for clarifying the actual rules themselves. Legality issues are ideally dealt with through the draft thread itself.

this my News for all Nation.

The Trollface Ethnostate
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Trollface Ethnostate » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Is GA just an RP thing, or does it affect gameplay?

Balkede
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Balkede » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:41 pm

The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:Is GA just an RP thing, or does it affect gameplay?

It's mostly RP, but it affects stats.

Also hi Trollface Ethnostate :)

The Trollface Ethnostate
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Trollface Ethnostate » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Balkede wrote:
The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:Is GA just an RP thing, or does it affect gameplay?

It's mostly RP, but it affects stats.

What stats does it affect?

Balkede
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Balkede » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:51 pm

The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:
Balkede wrote:It's mostly RP, but it affects stats.

What stats does it affect?

all of them except stats like population, influence, residency.

The Trollface Ethnostate
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Trollface Ethnostate » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:56 pm

Balkede wrote:
The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:What stats does it affect?

all of them except stats like population, influence, residency.

How are the affected stats decided?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:39 pm

Balkede wrote:all of them except stats like population, influence, residency.

Which stats are affected are predetermined by category & area of effect, with how large the effect coming from the strength.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:49 am

Balkede wrote:all of them except stats like population, influence, residency.

The admin have a coding system. The coding system roughly corresponds between gameside values and GA categories.

The actual stats are Very Secret. Only site staff gets to look at them, and not even all of them, iirc.

Ongmonnif
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ongmonnif » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:31 pm

If at some point, I wanted to write my own General Assembly resolution, what would the first step be?

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Ongmonnif wrote:If at some point, I wanted to write my own General Assembly resolution, what would the first step be?

Draft it on the forums.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Panemore
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

I have a question.

Postby Panemore » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:21 pm

Would it be possible to propose a resolution that would sweep obesity rates under the carpet to benefit corporate entities? (i.e food chains, restaurants). Does this sound like a good idea in the first place?

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:01 pm

Panemore wrote:Would it be possible to propose a resolution that would sweep obesity rates under the carpet to benefit corporate entities? (i.e food chains, restaurants). Does this sound like a good idea in the first place?

Are you really proposing 'force all nations not to measure it so the problem is swept under the rug'? Imperium Anglorum, NationStates (26 Jan 2021) viewtopic.php?p=38259676#p38259676. That sounds like a terrible idea.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Panemore
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:32 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Panemore wrote:Would it be possible to propose a resolution that would sweep obesity rates under the carpet to benefit corporate entities? (i.e food chains, restaurants). Does this sound like a good idea in the first place?

Are you really proposing 'force all nations not to measure it so the problem is swept under the rug'? Imperium Anglorum, NationStates (26 Jan 2021) viewtopic.php?p=38259676#p38259676. That sounds like a terrible idea.

No, I am proposing food/drink companies to have more freedom from the government which would lead to the companies' ignorance against obesity. I apologize for my bad wording.

Walfo
Envoy

Founded: Dec 11, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

How to submit?

Postby Walfo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:51 am

I have made a draft for a resolution but when the time comes, how do I submit it to the GA?
Nickname: Waffles
1-delegate of Europe twice! 4/7/22 and 1/6/24. I'll certainly never forget that unthinkable day!
Just celebrated 5 years in NS!

Author of GA #721

Contact me on Discord @walfodiscorcommunications2958

Current Representative to the WA: Barthélémy Timéo

I post in OOC unless denoted otherwise.

"Never quit or hide from what you believe is right."-Neil I

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly