NATION

PASSWORD

Locking

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Locking

Postby DavanteAdams » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:25 pm

I'm not sure how many people´s stuff gets locked. But every single one of my topics has been locked for absolutely no reason.
And I'm tired of it.
The first time one of my topics got locked I wasn't sure what that meant I just knew I couldn't post. The second time I asked a moderator and was told I was spamming.
Ok.
I made a new topic talking about how it would be cool to have a new card rarity and it was locked.
I was told by Reploid Productions that since it seemed like an exploit to ¨Pimp my ¨Alleged¨ card giveaways that I posted about, that he was going to lock it.
Really
BS.
I posted one simple thing on it giving the link to the giveaways. There was no spamming. No cursing. Nothing Inappropriate. I didn't even talk about the card giveaway anymore!!!
I would just like to know one simple thing. Why was that locked??? Because his explanation made absolutely no sense to me. Has this happened to anybody else??? Because I am really tired of it happening to me.
(Here it is)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=492959
(All I want is my topics unlocked, I promise there will be no more spamming or anything like that. (Not that there was on the last one) )

ItsMeMomo8
Attaché

Founded: Sep 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby ItsMeMomo8 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:45 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:I'm not sure how many people´s stuff gets locked. But every single one of my topics has been locked for absolutely no reason.
And I'm tired of it.
The first time one of my topics got locked I wasn't sure what that meant I just knew I couldn't post. The second time I asked a moderator and was told I was spamming.
Ok.
I made a new topic talking about how it would be cool to have a new card rarity and it was locked.
I was told by Reploid Productions that since it seemed like an exploit to ¨Pimp my ¨Alleged¨ card giveaways that I posted about, that he was going to lock it.
Really
BS.
I posted one simple thing on it giving the link to the giveaways. There was no spamming. No cursing. Nothing Inappropriate. I didn't even talk about the card giveaway anymore!!!
I would just like to know one simple thing. Why was that locked??? Because his explanation made absolutely no sense to me. Has this happened to anybody else??? Because I am really tired of it happening to me.
(Here it is)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=492959
(All I want is my topics unlocked, I promise there will be no more spamming or anything like that. (Not that there was on the last one) )

Maybe next time get a board that can handle the gluck Gluck 9000 don’t promote your giveaway on topics that it has nothing to do with
When I do mine I don’t promo on any other topics except my single one and it’s not locked
Save the gluck gluck for the nine

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Oh trust me its not happening anymore. And how was I spamming on my other topics?

ItsMeMomo8
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby ItsMeMomo8 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:53 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:Oh trust me its not happening anymore. And how was I spamming on my other topics?

Bruh you had like 4 topics for your one giveaway

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:57 pm

ItsMeMomo8 wrote:
DavanteAdams wrote:Oh trust me its not happening anymore. And how was I spamming on my other topics?

Bruh you had like 4 topics for your one giveaway

No I posted
Winners of giveaway
Free card giveaway(explaining it)
All card giveaways
And New Card Rarity(Which had nothing to do with the giveaways)

ItsMeMomo8
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby ItsMeMomo8 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:59 pm

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=492589
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=492530
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=492547
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=492532

This was all from you. You don’t need a new topic to announce winners
Your a relatively new nation and don’t really even have that many cards or points, you should wait until you get pretty big to do any giveaways like I’ve told you before, this is why people think your tryna scam them

And as for the spam, posting 4 topics and posting on other threads about your giveaway seems pretty spammy

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:06 pm

ItsMeMomo8 wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=492589

Your a relatively new nation and don’t really even have that many cards or points, you should wait until you get pretty big to do any giveaways like I’ve told you before, this is why people think your tryna scam them

And as for the spam, posting 4 topics and posting on other threads about your giveaway seems pretty spammy

This is off-topic for why my New Card Rarity was locked. It had nothing to do with any of this.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Now stop having conversations with yourself. We are the same person. Remember?
:lol2:

ItsMeMomo8
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby ItsMeMomo8 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:18 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:

This is off-topic for why my New Card Rarity was locked. It had nothing to do with any of this.

It was locked because you advertised your card giveaway on the 5th topic

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:27 pm

ItsMeMomo8 wrote:
DavanteAdams wrote:

It was locked because you advertised your card giveaway on the 5th topic

Ill let the mods tell me that

ItsMeMomo8
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby ItsMeMomo8 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:35 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:
ItsMeMomo8 wrote:It was locked because you advertised your card giveaway on the 5th topic

One of the forum mods already did

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:57 pm

ItsMeMomo8 wrote:
DavanteAdams wrote:

One of the forum mods already did

Very much this.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:39 am

So because I posted one thing giving the link, it gets locked?

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2018

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:03 am

I would give the One Stop Rules Shop a read, if you don't understand how this is considered spam. All the mods ask for in this case is: Substance, One thread on your giveaways to keep things simple and tidy, and that you don't post your links everywhere. You're still new, so NS Moderation has remained incredibly lenient towards you. Just don't give them a reason to change their minds.
What is on my nation's front page does not reflect my nation in rp. It follows its own distinct lore that is separate from what is defined by the "issues" choices.

Kingom of Cretia, total monarchy founded in the Middle Ages and remains unchanged to this day.
All factbooks (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mac ... l=factbook) are works in progress and subject to changes or retcons.

ItsMeMomo8
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby ItsMeMomo8 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:10 am

DavanteAdams wrote:So because I posted one thing giving the link, it gets locked?

Because you posted it on a topic that wasn’t relevant to your giveaway and the mod said that they don’t decide if a card gets added or not, that’s the admin peeps

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 pm

No reason to lock.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:36 pm

Moderation had all the rights and reasons it needed to lock your threads for violation of the forum rules on spam. Since this thread has now served its purpose, it too will be locked.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation