NATION

PASSWORD

Divinity (OOC/Sandbox/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Should we add a map?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:18 am

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes : 8

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Divinity (OOC/Sandbox/Open)

Postby The Pearl River » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:16 am

Divinity

OP: The Pearl River | Co-OP:Bentus

The world begins anew again as the old gods from their own hubris and wrath destroyed everything in a mysterious and bloody conflict among themselves. Their realms and creations are no more, leaving behind primordial soup and a few ruins that stood the tests of time. From this conflict the new generation of celestial beings emerge as the new gods, many emerge as the incarnation of previous gods with their path uncertain.

The remains and ruins of the old gods litter the celestial realm containing the bitter secrets of the old age, and some may contain some things that are never meant to be found. Will you bring forth an age of peace and prosperity between the gods and the mortals or will you repeat the mistakes of the old gods and bring your realm and the celestial realm into an age of darkness. The choice is yours

Welcome to Divinity, a fantasy sandbox RP where you can play as a god/goddess to create wondrous beings, or play as a demigod and beat horrific beings that roam the world, or as a high priestess to spread the correct gospel to the heathens. The opportunities are limitless to start your own story on this incredible world. This RP is a reboot of Ovsea’s Ascension RP.

RULES
[*] No Out Of Character in the In Character forum. You will clog up the other forum and this is a big pain in the ass for me, who has to ask, and the mods, who have to find and remove your post. - Warning, Ban
[*] No godmodding. Your Character may be a God, but they're not omnipotent. Try and be reasonable with what you can and can't do - Ban
[*] No using multiple accounts. No need to explain, don't try to get around the rules by playing over multiple accounts. - Ban
[*] Word of OPs are law, unless there is good reason to debate in a civil manner. Don't bitch and moan when you get something you don't like unless you are willing to back it up in a civil manner. - Warning
[*] You will be kicked after 3 weeks of IC inactivity without any prior notice to the OP or Co-op
[*] Have fun, this one sounds stupid as a legitimate rule but hear me out. If you're not having fun, why are you here? You're occupying space that another person could use to enjoy themselves. This game is meant for fun, if you're not having it then there is no shame in leaving. - None
[*]Follow General NS Forums rules on posting. If you want to post on how your demigod son is concieved please keep it discreet as to avoid this rp getting banned by the mods
[*]No one liners, they just clog up the IC. Try and aim for at least two paragraphs.
[*]No gods of space and time, these are separate entities entirely.
[*]Apotheosis is not possible, you can’t make your hero/demigod a god.

Mechanics
Mana
As a god your main source of energy is from mana, the lifeblood of Celestials. Mana is gained naturally or through faith from your creations, the more beings worship and belief you, the more powerful you’ll become. However as religions grow and change over time some might stop worshipping you when that happens the amount of mana given to you grow less and less until you’re back to square one to producing mana. To gain mana naturally you could either replenish it yourself which would be a long and boring process taking decades or even centuries to refill or you could steal another’s mana.

As a lifeform’s mana decreases so does it life, Gods run out of mana after creating eight creations, and must rest if not to completely drain all of their mana in the ninth creation and then die from mana deficiency. Gods can use their own mana to revive others or take other god’s mana to revive their own mana supply. Mortals do possess mana but could not replenish it, the only use of a mortal’s mana is to bring it to life and for it to run out means that it will perish.

Creature Types

in this rp you are given a choice of three sorts of creatures for you to create. Mortals, Servants, or Monstrous, in this rp we encourage creativity on our players but still we prohibit the use of one shot invincible sort of species as it would ruin the fun for others. Mortals are used as the prime dominant species who would worship you and provide mana through their faith, Servants are self explanatory, their purphose are to serve your creation or you yourself a good example would be animals who serve humans for food, clothing, and etc. They also provide mana, in the form of their life force. Finally Monstrous are large behemoths who are useful in combat, defense, or even just for showing off who’s the boss of your mortals. These creatures requires a lot of mana to create and are also worth a lot of mana to destroy too.

Demigod

Congrats, you’ve spilled a little too much mana on your creation and suddenly your mortal suddenly gained some of your divine power. Don’t fret what you’ve got yourself now is a demigod, now there are many factors of this happening, either that you’ve added an extra dose of mana to your mortal, I.E spilling your mana fluids as a gift to or you pulled a zeus on a poor mortal.

Demigods, unlike other mortals have a piece of your divine power and could have some of your lesser abilites. They also act as a mana sponge, able to suck mana from other lifeform’s faith or life force you could send demigods as heroes, champions, or messiahs to guide mortals to your way or to give you a daily supply of mana.

Death

Now being god you are functionally immortal and cannot die due to natural causes. However in the event of you using up all of your mana or being drained out of it, some parts of you are repurphosed or reincarnated into other gods. Hence why the old gods were replaced with the new gods after they perished.

Character death for mortals and Demigods are normal, nothing special abt them. If the OP council decides your fav mortal or demigod die they die. No crawling into the underworld and begging the god/godess of the underworld to bring her back, unless the OP council says so.

Mortals

Being that mortals will become a vital part in the roleplay, we’re hardcapping on how much mortals you’ll create however, as humans are the first mortals created we suggest to use them as a blank slate and branch them off using your power. For example the god of the ocean could create mermaids as their devout followers, the god of the mountains create dwarves and etc.

Mortal apps will be held in high standards compared to monstrous and servants apps and reusing species such as elves, humans, and mermen into other subspecies/subcultures are highly encouraged in this RP.

Ruins

As the plot progresses you might find ruins of the elder gods temples or structures of the old humans who worshipped the old gods. Some contain tomes explaining the history of the great war, while some might contain the arcane rituals the old gods gave to the previous race as gifts. Who knows, it’s up to you to find out what lies in these ruins, but beware some might contain things that are better left hidden

The universe moves in a cycle of death and rebirth like our own beginning, the old gods came out from the primordial soup of the ancient ones. We do not know what came before the old gods, but what we do know is that after the old gods came out most of them were guided by the goddess of death as their leader. Together, they managed to combine their power and create the earth, the god of plants built his temple in the swamps and created the many vegetation of the earth, The god of meat created the first humans and animals, though the god of knowledge made them civilized. This angered the god of meat who brutally wounded the god of knowledge and imprisoned him in a prison deep within the celestial realm.

Humans then progressed creating glimmering cities, and advanced in technology. The old gods had given humans the gift of technology and the arcane arts to better themselves, however a period known as the dark age emerged. It is not known what caused this period only that the old gods and most of the old humans were wiped out in a cataclysmic event, some say the humans have grown vain and challenged the gods, while some believed the ocean god released an ancient evil sealed in a temple in the north pole. What we do know is that all of the old gods and only a small pocket of the old humans survived and went to hiding. Milennia passed and new gods emerged, ready to inherit a broken and devastated world.

Applications

Code: Select all
GOD APP
Name:
Epiphet(s):
Domain(s):
Personality: (1 paragraph is enough)
Appearance:
Equipment: (optional)
Background: (1 Paragraph is enough)

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name:
Deity: (if applicable)
Epiphet(s): (If applicable)
Appearance:
Background: (why were they created?)
Equipment:
Anything else:

SPECIES APP
Name:
Deity: (if applicable) (species don't have to serve a deity)
Type: (Mortal, Servant, or Monstrous)
Appearance:
Physiology/Abilities:
Background: (why do they exist?)
Anything else:

CIV APP
Name:
Government Type:
Ruler:
Patron God(s):
Species:
Culture:
Brief History:
Anything else:

Religion App
Name:
Rules:
History:
Current Leader:
Anything else:

GOD APP
Name: Palagkara
Epiphet(s): The Worker of Flesh
Domain(s): Viscera and Meat
Personality:Palagkara is a very stern and mostly reserved gof who has lofty expectations of the new gods. He is primarily moved by logic and does not believe in the necessity to filter his words or ideas for others. He often comes off as cold, apathetic, and impatient, exerting very little energy in most situations, preferring to keep things to himself. Unfortunately being the last of his kind, he is reluctantly forced to be the one to teach the new gods over their dominion over

Appearance: Palagkara Has the general appearance of a humanoid with deer legs and a reptilian wing. He has a deer like antlers formed from bone shaped into fractal like branches, his face is smooth with the notable exception of three pairs of yellow tinted eyes. His body is composed of exposed tissue and meat, pulsating like a heart at inconsistent paces, his torso is a large gap bare devoid of any meat and organs with his exposed blood red ribs forming as the entrance to that gap.

Equiptment: None

History: Palagkara was one of the prominent member of the old gods, as the god of flesh and viscera he shaped the first Humans and Animals. However being the god of Flesh and Meat he did not have the ability to give said humans sentience or thought, and hated the old god of knowledge, he believed he ruined his perfect creation with the curse of thought, the curse of sentience. One day he finally snapped at the god of knowledge and brutally wounded him, after two other gods managed to restrain and imprison him in a prison guarded by two large automaton for centuries, starved as his faith forgotten by his own creation. During that time he contemplated a lot of things, Existence, Escape, and most importantly revenge. Unfortunately revenge never came as time passes the automatons guarding him slowly degraded and rusted, signalling the sign that their creator as dead.

Seizing the opportunity to leave he found the celestial realm ruined, and littered with mana and dead body. He took no time to eat the carcasses of the old gods to replenish his mana and regenerate his form, becoming the last survivor of the old gods scouring the empty void of what was once his home in search of survivors or new gods to create the world anew

Roster

The Pearl River|Palagkara, God of flesh
Trenaka| Grenuk, God of the war (smart)
Nea Videssos | Sakaal, Deity of the moon and serpents
Sarderia| Shaliyt, God of the skies, and luck
Danubian Peoples | Mandeso, God of the Seas and forbidden knowledge
The Frozen Forests | Alexander/Alexandra, God of love and hate
Purusapura | Yudhasuryadeva, God of Sun and combat
The Order of the Sovereign Heavens | Talvarda/Talarin, Goddess of Tradition, History, and Kindness

Pyxies(Pixies) by The Frozen Forests

[/align]
Last edited by The Pearl River on Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 13 times in total.

The Pearl River
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:16 am

*Reserved for OP*

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:38 am

Consider me in. I know that isn't what you had in mind, but I imagine "the old world" in your backstory as the Ascension RP.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

The Pearl River
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:45 am

Voxija wrote:Consider me in. I know that isn't what you had in mind, but I imagine "the old world" in your backstory as the Ascension RP.

Yup, that's correct

Trenaka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 am

I think I might also participate. This seems like it will be a fun rp!
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

A unitary constitutional monarchy in Central Europe.
Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Bisexual atheist and social democrat.

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:09 am

GOD APP
Name: Grenuk

Epiphet(s): Bringer of War, the Intelligent One

Domain(s): War, strategy

Personality: Grenuk is generally a reserved god. He listens to others silently, until he feels the need to talk and turn the conversation around. He is intelligent, and as physically strong as other gods. He prefers to do things himself, rather then tell others. However, he has a dark side. If he gets angry, he can wreak havoc, causing people to go insane with bloodlust. He also blesses armies with winning a battle if they pray to him. However, if they do not, the commanders of said armies may find that their soldiers' swords seem to break more often, or that they can't seem to aim straight or come up with a good strategy.

Appearance: Grenuk is human looking from the waist up, and has a snake tail from the waist down. He has dark blue eyes and black hair.

Equipment: (optional) Sword, bow. The sword is also known as the Sword of Battle, and it is made of a metal known as celestial iron, an extremely strong element. The sword was forged in the heat of an erupting volcano, and cooled by the void of space. It is enchanted so that it causes whatever it strikes to burst into flame. The bow is known as the Bow of Strategy, and it is made out of pure iron. The string, however is made of spider silk, weaved in a way so that it will not snap. The arrow shafts are also made of pure iron, and the arrow heads are made of celestial iron. The bow is enchanted so that the arrows it fires always hit their mark, and that requires the bow and arrows to be made of iron so that both do not shatter.

History: After the old gods ripped each other apart, Grenuk rose from the carcass of the old god of war, and the mana of the old god of strategy, making a sort of balanced combination between the two. He spends his days wandering the celestial realm, trying to find other gods.
Last edited by Trenaka on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:11 am

The Pearl River wrote:
Voxija wrote:Consider me in. I know that isn't what you had in mind, but I imagine "the old world" in your backstory as the Ascension RP.

Yup, that's correct

And speaking of the old world, would it be too presumtuous of me to roleplay as some remnant of my old god trying to ressurect herself?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:54 am

GOD APP
Name: actual: The Pentagrammation (S/H/L/Y/T), common: Shaliyt (usual pronounciation). Note: Pronouncing the name of the God is considered forbidden for mortals - save for the High Priests, so one of the Epithets is usually used instead.

Epiphet(s): Tery (the Lord), others: 

• i Miaky: The One
  • i Metsy: The Great
  • i Amenaget: The Omniscient
  • i Voghormatsy: The Merciful
  • i Orensdir: The Lawgiver
  • i Baresirt: The Benevolent
  • i P'rkich: The Saviour
  • i Shnorhali: The Gracious
  • i Lav: The Good
  • i Bardrats'vats: The Exalted
    note: Epithets are in Armenian

Domain(s): Various, commonly: Skies, storms, weather, luck

Personality: The Lord is a both a benevolent and wrathful god. The Lord has neither form nor gender; they appeared usually as a bright white light to both god and mortal. However, commonly, the Lord is referred as He (male aspect). The Lord, or Shaliyt, is largely a neutral god. He rarely interacts with other gods, except when it is needed. Shaliyt is mysterious and abstract in nature. Some said that Shaliyt is whatever remains of the true essence of the Old Gods; some said that he was "birthed" from their remains, but the general consensus is that Shaliyt exists - he is not created, yet he exists. Shaliyt generally refers to himself as "Am" (as in I am God) when conversing with his followers, but Shaliyt uses a peculiar kind of pronoun when conversing with other gods. They do not need to address him by name; his "essence" is enough in a word to make him know. Interestingly enough, Shaliyt only revealed his plans to his followers or his Prophet (the messenger of Shaliyt in the mortal realm) - he never disclosed it with other gods. He has no symbol; speaking his name is considered blasphemous to humans - so is creating Shaliyt's image. Instead, Shaliyt is worshipped as an abstract being - some used the Pentagrammation to worship him (as the unofficial "symbol"), some just imagined him in their heads, for Shaliyt always heard. In relations to the mortals, Shaliyt usually sends a Prophet - a mortal selected because of their service and devotion to him, to spread his word and his command, and leading his followers to faith.

Appearance: Abstract. Shaliyt is without form; he is not bound by "mortal" forms of appearance. He is a divine primordial element; however, Shaliyt usually appears in the form of a bright light, an angel, a blazing fire, or a warrior - whatever suits his needs.

Equipment: Shaliyt owns no equipment but his divine energy. Should the Lord commands "be" to an item; then it has been.

History:
    Thus is the essence of The Lord; thus is the word of The Lord; with Him and is Him; exalted and forever; revealed:

1. In the name of He, who Is, the Most Exalted.
    2. He was, he is, and he would be; without beginning and without end; without entrances and without exits; past and future; yesterday and tomorrow; the Light and the Dark; Day and Night.
    3. The Old Gods witness Him; the New Gods witness Him; ever-present, ever-existing.
    4. When the world came into being, he is; when the world ends, he is.
    5. He witnesses and He commands.
    6. He said, "Be!" and thus been.
    7. He owns the paths into life; he owns the paths into afterlife.
    8. He sits in creation as he sits in judgement.
    9. He is the essence of the Old Gods; he is the essence of the New Gods.
    10. When the Old Gods are dead, he exists; when the New Gods are born, he exists.
    11. By the name of The Lord.
    12. Amen. (He shall do).
Last edited by Sarderia on Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

The Pearl River
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:08 am

Trenaka wrote:GOD APP
Epiphet(s): Bringer of War

Personality: Grenuk is generally a reserved god. He listens to others silently, until he feels the need to talk and turn the conversation around. He is intelligent, and as physically strong as other gods. He prefers to do things himself, rather then tell others.

Appearance: Grenuk is human looking from the waist up, and has a snake tail from the waist down. He has dark blue eyes and black hair.

Equipment: (optional) Sword, bow.

History: After the old gods ripped each other apart, Grenuk rose from the carcass of the old god of war, and the mana of the old god of strategy, making a sort of balanced combination between the two. He spends his days wandering the celestial realm, trying to find other gods.

could you possibly work more on the equipment, like what's so special about it. I'm getting a more athena god of war vibe from him besides of an ares god of war is that correct?

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:10 am

The Pearl River wrote:
Trenaka wrote:GOD APP
Epiphet(s): Bringer of War

Personality: Grenuk is generally a reserved god. He listens to others silently, until he feels the need to talk and turn the conversation around. He is intelligent, and as physically strong as other gods. He prefers to do things himself, rather then tell others.

Equipment: (optional) Sword, bow.

could you possibly work more on the equipment, like what's so special about it. I'm getting a more athena god of war vibe from him besides of an ares god of war is that correct?

Grenuk is meant to be a bit of a mix, but more Athena than Ares, yes. I will also elaborate on the sword and bow.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

No longer WIP I think

Postby Danubian Peoples » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:31 am

GOD APP
Name: Mandeso
Epiphet(s): The Sea Sovereign, The Learned One
Domain(s): The Ocean, Secret/Lost Knowledge, Esotericism

Personality: Mandeso is an androgynous deity, merely divine as opposed to distinctly gendered on human lines. 'They' is the pronoun usually used during worship. Mandeso is characterized to be a generous but also dangerous deity, capable of both great blessings and curses as they are armed with something as potent as the world's oceans. Mandeso may grant calm waters to facilitate trade, or drown an invading armada in high waves, but he may also capsize boats on the open sea or shatter walls with the weight of water alone, should you worship or spite them.

There does exist another side to Mandeso, however. Where the Sea Sovereign may encapsulate their position as head ocean deity, they are also the Learned One, gifted with knowledge thanks to a primordial past. Rituals most esoteric are a gateway to Mandeso's knowledge, be it in the form of prophetic visions, fragments of the old world or miraculous insight into the laws of nature. This side of Mandeso's worship deviates markedly from their ocean-related belief. Whereas a sailor may openly pray to Mandeso for safe passage through a strait, seeking secret knowledge from him is a matter relegated to their esoteric mystery cults. These cults practice a bevy of esoteric rites, from the Mandesog, an elaborate initiation ritual, to the inhalation of incense infused with sea salt, a link between the two sides of their worship, as sea salt, derived from Mandeso's realm, can serve as a means to divination.

Despite their differences, these two sides of Mandeso's worship share many commonalities, and in some places (particularly ones very faithful to Mandeso) the two mesh together. Iconography for one, is something both share. Mandeso's image is typically styilized to some extent, the exact stylization varying from temple to temple, home to home, be it in the form of a red ochre painting on a cave wall to a bronze sculpture in a temple. Mandeso is rarely witnessed, perhaps expected from a deity of the deep ocean, which is a contributing factor to this art style.

Appearance: This is Mandeso. An adrogynous humanoid with three-digit hands and a bevy of tentacles, four in lieu of a mouth and another four in lieu of legs. Their hide is characterized to be divinely hard, difficult if not impossible to wound via purely mortal means. Mandeso is rarely seen, spending most of their time in the deeper portions of the water column, but when they surface, it is, though variable in exact size, a usually large sight. It is also a very high sight, for outside of their watery realm, Mandeso floats above the surface, their tentacles suspended dangling above the earth.

Mandeso's appearance during an esoteric ritual however, that is far less defined. The mental image Mandeso projects onto their followers is usually that of a fuzzy, distorted form of their usual tentacled appearance, sometimes so distorted it fades into a swirling cloud in the mental picture. In the midst of communing with them, Mandeso's yellow eyes are said to stand out, unusually well-defined in the mental image, and glowing forge-hot. And this strange image has prompted some discussion. Perhaps, some wonder, perhaps the deity is less corporeal than what their form may suggest...

Equipment: Mandeso carries no equipment of their own.

History: Mandeso is old. Primordially so. A conservative estimate would place the date of their creation somewhere around right after the destruction of the old world, but there is a very real possibility that Mandeso is older than that, perhaps having borne witness to the old gods, or things even older. The deity has not been keen on revealing that particular facet of knowledge. Whatever the case, Mandeso's ancient past is the wellspring of their knowledge, of secrets otherwise lost to time, of tomes locked away in the past.

Despite not knowing of its exact date, Mandeso's followers are abundantly clear of the circumstances and process of the deity's origin. The Mandesog, an elaborate initiation rite performed by Mandeso's mystery cult is actually a means to divine this knowledge from them. Believers with a penchant for writing, have been quick to record what they see, which has stayed consistent throughout several Mandesogs, and many hymns, poems and praises document the event.

First in a world most cold and alone
Was the strange new sound of forming bone
Followed by tissue and muscle fiber
And a pair of eyes colored just like cider

The thing grew a hide of a dark green hue
And pairs of tentacles from its sinew
Then burst forth arms tipped with three claws
And teeth to line its alien maw

As the being concluded its formation
Rising to meet a empty creation
It sounded out a name like so
"I am the god, Mandeso!"

Then Mandeso made the oceans anew
Birthing sea life with his flesh and sinew
Guided by knowledge of ancient wisdom
Did Mandeso restore them to their former condition

Deep in the depths did they then go
To reside in a realm so far below
From the surface we beckon to their mind
And the Learned one will answer in kind

-Example of a devotional poem expositing Mandeso's origin
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:06 am, edited 10 times in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:32 am

Might tweak it a bit, since I'm just copying over a deity from another RP (basically just copied it over from the World of Gods RP).

GOD APP
Name: Sakaal
Epithet(s): The Moon Serpent, Herald of the Unknown, World-Warper, The One Who Twists The Cosmos, Lord of the Arcane, The Great Sage, Silverscale, He Who Guides In The Night, The Pale Beauty, The All-Shining, Illuminator of the Heavens, The Eternal Radiance, The Counter of Years, The Traveller, The Purifying Crescent, the Father of Serpents, The Ophidian Progenitor
Domain(s): The Moon, Serpents, Magic, Distortion and Mysteries
Personality: See the history section.
Appearance:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Equipment: A divinely enchanted bow named Radiant Sun-Piercer, an enchanted khopesh/sickle sword known as the Crescent Blade (it can also transform into a magical disk which can be thrown at opponents), an enchanted sceptre known as the Holy Moonlight Sceptre, and enchanted clothes that enhance his power, known as the Raiment of the Arcane One. The bow is said to be able to kill the sun, hence its name, and is responsible for the appearance of unnatural eclipses outside of the calculations of astronomers. In short, when used against the sun it induces an artificial solar eclipse, though obviously this is something that can't just be casually used in succession, and relies upon a fair bit of divine power. It also means directly opposing the solar divinity, and the sun god (whoever they are) probably wouldn't be happy. He prefers to attack from a distance, not being the strongest in melee combat, though his serpent form is much less lacking than his human form in the matter of strength and endurance. It would be advised not to let his feminine countenance and serene temperament fool you; it can definitely be said that he is a dangerous and formidable deity.
History:
Sakaal's memory of his birth is murky, but from what he can recall, he was born from the corpse of the previous deity of magic, amidst the ruins of a crumbling labyrinthine palace in the celestial realm, hatching from an egg formed in their body. The residual mana, along with the chaotic energies left behind from a battle between gods, and the last remnant of a dead god helped give birth to him. To be more exact, the previous magic god wasn't the only deity linked to his birth. That fallen lunar serpent god of magic had died alongside the goddess of mysteries. It was from the residual mana of these that the new Sakaal was born, and then merged with the remnant of the dead god of magic's will.

This remnant seemed to be the last vestiges of the previous deity's memories and will, though it itself was uncertain if it was merely a magical replica or a fragment of the original god's consciousness. Regardless of its nature, it merged with Sakaal as he was born. The disjointed memories and the process of his birth lead to an an identity-crisis of sorts. With this tumultous, mysterious beginning, Sakaal entered the world. Of course, the exact details regarding his birth and the surrounding circumstances are tainted by unreliable memories and a perception corrupted by rogue memories of the previous god's death. One of Sakaal's first desires thus became to recover any knowledge and memories of the previous god's life, and to fully reorganise his scattered and disjointed mind, a newborn god's awareness tainted with the murky remnants of its predecessor.

Within his newborn consciousness, it was a simple matter for the previous god's remnant mind to mould the new god's nascent mind. It placed within him the suggestion that his name was Sakaal. This was in truth the name of the slain god of magic. Amidst the chaos in his newly formed mind, Sakaal knew only a few things, and this was one of them. After his birth, Sakaal ensconced the corpse of the dead god within an enchantment-guarded sarcophagus, treating it with great care. Unlike some new deities who immediately cannibalised dead gods, Sakaal saw this corpse as his previous vessel. From what he could vaguely discern, when the previous god of magic died, fragments of his consciousness survived. Some had been randomly scattered elsewhere or sealed within magical aritfacts when the god was alive, attempting to have a backup plan during the past cataclysm. Alas, his real body was slain and most of the remnants faded away, too weak to persist on their own, or were deliberately destroyed by other gods.

From what Sakaal remembered, the previous god he was born from had set up a great magical formation that hid his divine temple-palace, concealing and protecting it from attacks from other gods during the cataclysm. In spite of this, the previous Sakaal and the goddess of mysteries who he had allied with, had both perished. Even worse, the original formation had been tampered with and combined with a seal that locked the palace from within. It seemed that whoever had slain them had decided to make sure that even if they had barely clung onto life, they would be unable to escape and find a source of mana elsewhere to recover. At first unable escape, Sakaal bid his time as he worked to undermine it and release the seal.

Since he could not leave, he spent a considerable amount of time exploring the edifice his predecessor had built. Within the palace lay a library that was hidden, protected from the worst of the destruction. This palace would serve as a font of knowledge, allowing him to better understand the legacy of his predecessor, and the history of events before the cataclysm. When the seal was broken and he was freed freed, Sakaal repaired the palace of his predecessor, using his divine magic to repair the formation that hid the ancient palace fully from the eyes of other gods, and ensuring for good that the tampering was undone.

Absorbing the remnant mana from the bodies of the other dead gods, he also constructed a tomb complex beneath the palace, within which the bodies of the fallen gods were interred and protected. Establishing the palace as his home, Sakaal would journey outside to explore the remnants of the past ages, learning of the new age, and the other newborn gods.Any fallen gods he came across, Sakaal would retrieve and take back to the tomb complex he had built, interring them within its burial grounds. He has a great respect for the heritage and legacies of ages past, seeking to learn more about them and preserve them when possible.

Sakaal is revered as the deity of the Moon, Magic and Mysteries. Serpentine beings or creatures also revere him as their ancestor and guardian. According to his followers, it is said that he hatched from a colossal egg that resembled the moon. As the God of Magic, there are would be many mortals who might pray to him, including occultists, witches, scholars and sorcerers of various types. Similarly, as the deity of Mysteries, and by extension various matters considered unknown, secret, taboo and forbidden, there are many that call upon his aid, be it intelligence agencies operated by mortal kingdoms, lone conspiracy theorists or whomever else one could deem relevant. Mystics, adventurers, inventors and others who seek the unknown and the new call upon him as their patron. Meanwhile, those who desire change pray for his power of distortion, seeking to alter the status quo or change the inherent nature of things. As the Serpent God, serpents are in some cultures seen as protectors of tombs, temples and sacred places, and are thus venerated as protectors. In this role, Sakaal is also seen as a symbol of rebirth and immortality, with one symbol associated with him being the Ouroboros, the serpent devouring its own tail. Thanks to Sakaal, snakes are often seen as a symbol of wisdom and knowledge. Poisoners and assassins also pray to him for the efficacy of their venoms and poisons. It is said that Sakaal's venom can both heal and kill, or provide a state of expanded consciousness and wisdom in others. It is also said that his gaze can turn sinful mortals to stone.

Those who live on the coast or islands, as well as fishers/sailors may pray for him to display his lunar power over tides, while those whose professions, circumstances or natures mean they live nocturnal lives, seek the blessing of the Moon God to watch over them. He has powers over both purification and curses. Lycanthropes and other therianthropes pray to him in hopes that he will have mercy on them during their transformation, and some beseech him to cure them of their curse. He is believed to control the ebb and flow of the tide, and comfort those in need during the night. At the same time, he is feared as a god who can drive people insane during a full moon.

Children born under a full moon's light often grow up to exhibit magical talent due to Sakaal's influence. Meanwhile, those born under moonlight are believed to be more likely to turn to his worship, as they are said to "have the moon alive within them". It is said that when Sakaal causes the crescent moon to shine, women conceive and cattle become fertile. He is considered to have some protective and healing properties. Users of magic find that their powers grow stronger or weaker depending on the moon's phases, though there are forms of magic that are less affected by this. Those who gaze into the moon long enough are said to have all their secrets known by him. He is also said to protect people at night from evil spirits, with his moonlight purifying and cleansing, guarding against entities hiding in the darkness. When people disappear it is sometimes said that they have "fallen into the realm of Sakaal". Likewise, unexplainable events are either attributed to him, or it is said that their causes are things "only Sakaal knows". His servants are sometimes said to live on the dark side of the moon. It can be said that there are few secrets that can be kept from him, whilst as the lord of mysteries, his power over the hidden and unknown grants him great knowledge over esoteric and hidden matters.

As the moon god, he can be associated with both birth and death, and certain cultures believed that he travelled the night's sky hunting for victims to devour. The phenomenon of the Hunter's Moon, or Bloodmoon, is said to be when the Moon Serpent has grown so hungry he has devoured the sun, and is covered in the blood of his victims. According to some other cultures, the sight of a red Moon engulfed in darkness was believed to foreshadow famine or disease. Murders and violence are said to peak during the Full Moon and New Moon. Some also say that a solar eclipse is when Sakaal has coiled around the sun, hiding it from view. With the phases of the moon, he is also said to have a cycle of life, death and rebirth, and is associated with this form of transformation. While seen as pure and beautiful at first glance, the scars borne upon the face of the moon are said to be indicative of the various battles, trials and tribulations Sakaal has endured during his existence. Despite being male, he is seen as a rather feminine figure, not least aided by his human form. Indeed, some cults worship him as the Moon Maiden, or as a vaguely androgynous figure both male and female. There are both mainstream organised religions worshipping him, and more secretive mystery cults with a system of initiation and rituals.

Possessing an insatiable curiosity, Sakaal is generally considered fairly enigmatic, and tends to maintain a cautious stance towards other deities. He possesses a deep interest in knowledge, always fond of reading and researching arcane matters, and prying out the secrets of others. He usually seems slow to anger, benevolent and serene in temperament, the sort of deity to gently influence and guide, rather than demand strict obedience and absolute submission. Behind his gentle and kind demeanour lies a more calculating, ruthless mindset, though he has something of a playful, mischievous side to him, and is not completely amoral. He can be somewhat vain and prideful, though what ego he possesses is usually hidden, and he is not the boastful type. Like the moon, he has his own dark side that contrasts with his usual pure demeanour. Just as he gains strength and weakens depending on the moon's phases, his temperament, personality and intelligence are affected. When the moon is waxing he can be more passionate and outgoing, and when it is waning, he can be more reclusive, shy and despondent. On a new moon he is the most innocent, while on a full moon he is the wisest and most mature. Sakaal has a particular dislike of heretics, and has certain fears and insecurities regarding loneliness and abandonment. Whilst not usually belligerent, once he begins a fight, he will gladly make sure he will finish it, on his terms. If it's not something he's fully capable of handling now, then he will bide his time, but he will never forget to deal with unfinished conflicts or loose ends. With the remnants of the previous deity's consciousness affecting him, he sometimes seems oddly absent-minded, with elements of another personality and memories sometimes influencing him. He ocassionally has phantom memories of the previous god's life and their rather traumatic death. With that remnant will having become his own, he considers himself to be the same deity.

Originally he was just a God of the Moon, Serpents, Magic and Mysteries, but his curiosity ended up getting the better of him. From time to time, he has gone searching for lost legacies left by the previous God of Magic. When he began exploring the unknown corners of the universe and the very edges of reality, he came across a concealed ruin of a city hidden by a spatial anomaly. Within that, there was a primordial tear in the fabric of existence. He met that, and was influenced by the reality-warping power of Distortion. Though the details are unclear, and Sakaal himself is reluctant to speak of what transpired, he became the God of Distortion, and was never quite the same.

With the phases of the moon waxing and waning, so too does his strength and power. Depending on the phases of the moon and eclipses, his personality is also affected. When the moon transitions from full moon to new moon he undergoes a state of rebirth, shedding his old body and residing in a new one, recovering from any injuries and making it very difficult for him to truly die. With each rebirth his memories from before become rather foggy, but he remembers enough to always cast a spell that helps his memory. In short, he always has somthing set up in advance to help him recover each time.

The exact reasons behind his waxing and waning of strength, and the necessity for him to undergo a constant cycle of rebirth is possibly linked to the manner in which he is technically a combination of a new deity and a partially-resurrected old god. He was born from the old god's corpse, and his consciousness is part new god and part old. The part of his mind that belongs to the previous Sakaal is technically an existence that is neither living nor dead, and by all rights, should no longer exist. It can be said that this is a side effect of that consciousness fragment having survived in such a fragile fashion. If it was more complete, then at the very least this rebirth cycle would be easier to control or it would weaken him less during the waning phase. It can be considered an instinctive reaction, and a necessary process, from the old god's remnant attempting to revive fully, whilst also having become one with a new deity with a new body and a full life.
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:41 am, edited 20 times in total.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 am

Been a while since I waded into a God RP, but I figure I'll give it a shot.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Purusapura
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Done

Postby Purusapura » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:51 am

GOD APP

Name: Yudhasuryadeva

Epiphet(s): Sol, the light in the darkness, bane of serpents

Domain(s): Sun and combat

Personality: he is seen as stoic at first glance but upon further inspection he is actually kind and caring especially to his followers, he likes to fight because he finds it fun and is always looking for a good challenge but he will only kill those who deserve to be killed, he can also be very competitive in many other things, he mostly keeps to himself and is pretty careless most of the time.

Appearance: Yudhasuryadeva has the appearance of a human with some differing features like his height,
He is about 210 centimeters tall with pale white skin and hair and he has yellowish eyes, lastly he isn't very muscly but looks kind of thin due to his armor but after taking off his armor anyone can notice that his physique is very athletic not thin.

Equipment:
Weapon: an ornate shape shifting golden bow called Gandiva (the bow is it's true and strongest form, which will not be seen at the start of the RP so gods will not know about it also it can only transform into other weapons like swords, spears, axes etc)

Armour: a gold coloured plate mail armour called Suryakavacha said to be impenetrable by mortal and semi-divine weapons because it can only be destroyed by divine weapons

History: after the demise of the old gods, Yudhasuryadeva awoke from the carcass of the old solar god and consumed his remaining Mana, he spent his days looking for new celestials and carcasses of the old gods filled with Mana to consume
Last edited by Purusapura on Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Pearl River
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:55 pm

Trenaka wrote:~snip~

Sarderia wrote:~snip~

Accepted
Danubian Peoples wrote:~snip~
Looking good so far, just need to write his history

Nea Videssos wrote:~snip~

Also Accepted

Purusapura wrote:~Snip~

Could you possibly add more depth on your character's appearcance or personality?

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:50 am

Tag, I'm always up for a good deity RP.
Signatures are so 2014.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:31 am

OOC: I just cribbed a god from Voxija's mythology. My history is incomplete because I expect to roleplay that history.

GOD APP
Name: Gavana

Epiphet(s): The Civilized One, the Organizer, Madame, Madame Gavana

Domain(s): society, culture, order, civilization

Personality: Gavana is a kindly yet stern goddess, running hot and cold as she pleases, one moment guiding her mortals to achieve their full potential and then smiting them for not being civilized enough. Gavana takes certain things way too seriously, sometimes being capricious, although she always follows accepted societal conventions that may or may not be of her own making. Gavana would never consume the mana of another god, that's just too rude.

Gavana takes the mortals other gods created and creates societal systems and culture for these mortals. She is fond of Byzantine political systems and complex customs and etiquette.

Unlike some other gods, Gavana actually cares for the mortals she inspires, and will work greatly to help individuals improve their status in life. In this state she can be quite... romantic, although Gavana wouldn't act on her urges too much due to it being improper. Gavana cares little for power among other gods, as long as mortals recognize her and worship her.

Appearance: Gavana takes the form of a middle-aged human woman with nut-brown skin, waist-length curly blonde hair, purple eyes, and a simple knee-length brown dress. Gavana can grow and shrink as she desires.

Equipment: (optional) An old, torn book. Within the book, Gavana writes down who the cultures of her mortals should be, and so it becomes. A quill pen made of the hardest material. With that pen, Gavana writes down in her book, and the pen can also break apart any material.

History: In the ashes of the old universe, the mana of the goddess of science and the god of government mingled together. From the ashes came Gavana, goddess of society. From the onset, Gavana knew that her duty was to create order among mortals and create interesting cultures.

Gavana barely had any memories of the old world, and she didn't take time dwelling on them.
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:45 am

Tagging for interest.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:50 am

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Eiredu
Deity: An Old God whose name he doesn't know.
Epithet(s): None as of now.

Appearance: Standing at an unusually tall (for his tribe) height of five feet and ten inches, other than a few things, the man's details can be summed up in one phrase "mostly average". Moderate to light brown skin, a few distinct freckles by the cheeks and nose bridge, a small but slowly growing beard, and both that and his hair a rusty color. As for the more interesting things about his usually boring appearance, its his eyes that stand out the most at a first glance, being a striking indigo hue.

Background:
In some regions of this world, full recovery from the devastation that was brought about by the Fall was slow, or worse, wouldn't be possible for millennia. The young babe would be found in an area that was part of the latter group, and as for who found him, it was a group of survivors turned nomads that simply lived off the land, already difficult thanks to its hostility. It was only by a strange turn of fate that they even bothered with him then, as luck would have it, the nomad leader was childless for quite some time. Named Eiredu, "my hope", even stranger things would begin happening, from them migrating over and stumbling upon hospitable patches of land, to him being able to speak clearly at an absurdly young age, all the way to his adoptive parent fathering an astounding nine children over the course of a score despite his apparent infertility, all were definitely his as well. This earned him a spot in his father's heart, and with being someone so useful to the tribe, many assumed that he would be his heir, but to the surprise of nearly all of them, he refused when he was asked in his 16th year.

As for why, well, it was thanks to a nagging feeling, a growing one at that. In fact, he's had that nagging feeling ever since he opened his eyes to the world. And it would culminate into his first set of dreams during his middle childhood. It was of a woman with irises like his and of fair hair, who was able to toy with and mold the primordial soup. It was unlike any god he knew of, one he assumed to be an Old God, for whenever he cross-referenced it with whatever religious texts he had, nothing came up. Soon further dreams- sometimes visions that came to him at random- would come to him, ranging from whatever the Old God was doing (and the visions managed to confirm that she was indeed one of them), to both him and an older him being raised by her. All of them ended with a resounding message echoing in his head, "keep quiet for now". Not intending to be smited by some scorned deity, he kept his silence about it. He mulled over them, often gaining some tidbit of understanding in the process. It was the last vision that set him on his current path today.

Late in his 16th year, his last vision came to him. Different from the rest, it simply told him of a pool of crimson water somewhere close to where his tribe was currently settled in, no reminder to keep quiet either. On the same day, he was asked if he wanted to be heir. But he refused. He guided the tribe where to go next though, northwest. Sure enough, a cave was found there, in which lay a pool of crimson water. As he explored further, he could hear whispers urging him to drink. Oddly enough, he was the only one that heard them. One day he told his father to not let anyone inside the cave for a week, and not one to deny a son that rarely asked anything of him, he gave the order. A week came and went, and Eiredu came out a changed man. He told of knowledge gained from the pool, and of a place they could call home, where they would no longer struggle. The path was difficult, he told them, but if they were able to do it, they would be rewarded greater than what they would suffer.

The rest drank from the pool, and knew of what Eiredu knew, except for one crucial thing: the exact location itself. They were only given a direction, but only he knew where to look, what to look for, what to avoid, and what they couldn't avoid. It was certain he would become leader, even his siblings wished for it to be so, but yet again the teen refused, intending to be a guide, nothing more, nothing less. Wishing to respect his decision, the tribe moved, this time, with purpose and with a sense of where to go. Gone were the times of aimlessly floating around rain battered coast, inimical savannas, and hostile deserts. They moved for home.

It had been five years since they moved from their usual wandering grounds, and in those five years they have been beset by desert storm, biting cold, hostile wildlife, and unwelcoming people. But now, the fruits of their labor are almost ripe. Eiredu has seen the last landmark of their journey, and beyond that is a calm leading them to where home is.

Equipment: Walking stick/spear, clothes, a bow and a quiver of arrows.
Anything else: more to come, stay tuned
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:37 pm

May I reserve the god of the underworld for now?
Signatures are so 2014.

The Pearl River
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:18 am

Utceforp wrote:May I reserve the god of the underworld for now?

Okay

The Pearl River
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:59 am

Danubian Peoples wrote:~snip~

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:~snip~

Accepted

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:44 am

GOD APP
Name: Aleksander / Aleksandra (Can appear in either a male or female form to mortals. To gods he will always appear in his male form, which can be considered his true self)
Epiphet(s): The Lover of Mortals / The Great Protector / The Guider of Men / The Dream-Maker
Domain(s): Love and Hate / Ambition and Contentedness / Dreams and Nightmares (Not including prophetic dreams, as those are the realm of Sakaal the Moon Serpent)
Personality: Aleksander is an unusual god who bears the epithet "The Lover of Mortals" and this is reflected in both his domains and his personality. He is the source of love and hate, ambition and contentedness, dreams and nightmares. Some might accuse him of giving these emotions back to mortality and enhancing them from time to time as some sort of sick twisted game but they would be wrong. Aleksander cares deeply for the mortals that make up the world and sees them as "children of the gods." When Aleksander first laid eyes of the surviving humans he saw creatures that had lost all hope and drive. It broke his heart and he sought to do nothing less than restore to them what he felt they deserved.

Aleksander believes that his domains are necessary to allowing humans and the other mortal races to live a fulfilled existence. Of course he doesn't provide these emotions on a whim, merely enhances what mortals already have deep down inside of them, helping them turn baser and more primal emotions into something that can provide them with richness in their lives. In that vein Aleksander believes that mortals should find the strength, courage, cleverness or creativeness to solve their problems without divine intervention. Why give mortals a sword when you can inspire them to make their own? Why give them the world when you can motivate them to take it themselves?

The thing that sets Aleksander apart isn't that he interacts with mortals but rather that he himself can become so invested in them. Whereas mortals are the playthings of other gods, Aleksander truly does see them as children who need to be led, taught, punished and nurtured. He will go out of his way to advocate for mortality with his divine peers and believes in the creation of more mortal races to spread out and cover the new world. Despite this love for mortals he doesn't hate or have disdain for the other gods. He has no desire to take mana from others except for when they pose a serious threat to mortality as a whole. For obvious reasons Aleksander expresses emotions far more vividly than one might think of a god or goddess. He is ever eager to involve himself with the mortal races and their affairs and help offer guidance to those lucky enough to meet him in their travels.
Appearance:

Equipment:
-The Boots of Refuge (Provide the wearer with resistance to the effects of extreme cold or extreme heat caused naturally)
-Ring of Attraction (Makes the wearer more attractive to those around him/her)
-Ring of Dreams (Allows the wearer to manipulate and/or view the dreams of those around him/her)
History: When the old world was wrought with destruction and strife it was the Gods most concerned with mortals that came together to save even the smallest number from total annihilation. When the end came (be it a whimper or a bang) these few gods and goddesses protected an enclave of mortals (the ancestors to the surviving mortals today) though it came at the cost of their lives. While they died for mortality their sacrifice was never forgotten. One of the surviving mortals took the remains of the deceased gods and mixed them together in a small urn. For the rest of his life he guarded the urn and when he died his family buried him and the urn in one of the ruins. Inside the urn the remains festered and bubbled and became agitated with the frustrations and emotions of mortality (of which a single body was near).

At around the same time that the other new gods were being born, the urn festered for the last time and then exploded with a brilliant light. A creature was born into the world and he had no name. As the creature explored his tomb he came to understand who he was and what had happened. As a way of honoring the mortal who saved his life (in a manner of speaking) he took it's name, Aleksander. He has since ventured out and proven himself a peculiar being. His realized domains concerning primarily mortals-he is responsible for helping to drive mortals towards their futures (to ruin or to glory).
Theme(s): Love, Ambition, Dreams

SPECIES APP
Name: Pyxie (Pixie)
Deity: N/A (Many worship Aleksander but they are free to worship whichever deity they choose)
Type: Mortal
Appearance:

Physiology/Abilities:
The Pyxie is a species of tiny humanoid mortals created by Aleksander. There are three distinct sub-races of Pyxie known as the Woodland Pyxie, Jungle Pyxie and Night Pyxie all of which are suited to different environments. All three sub-races are incredibly small (not much larger than a human thumb). They are relatively fragile individually and have a high mortality rate which is compensated by having two different methods of reproduction. The first stage in the lifecycle of a Pyxie village is that of the Pyxie Plant, a type of flowering plant which is quasi-sentient and which likes to grow on riverbanks and around lakes. This plant spends about a year to three years growing and then flowers. After flowering the plant begins to create and birth pyxies (the sub-race being dependent on what the sub-race the plants predecessor birthed).

The Pyxie Plant nurtures and cares for the Pyxies in their first year of life, providing them with a healthy sap critical for the pyxie's growth. Pyxies that drink this sap are given critically important information about hunting and gathering necessary to survival in many climates. Using this knowledge the Pyxie's begin to hunt and gather and build homes around the Pyxie Plant (who continues to produce and birth Pyxies at a rate of about 5-500 Pyxies a day (depending on the age and size of the plant).

This birth by plant is the first reproduction method used by Pyxies. Pyxies are also capable of breeding in a fashion similar to other mortal races (and which does not need to be described) which results in live births. By these two methods a Pyxie village can grow quickly and overcome threats many times greater than one might expect. Pyxie Plants produce a single seed every year which the Pyxie Village is responsible for planting. The Woodlands Pyxies are specially adapted for forests, moors, mountains and flat terrain. Jungle Pyxies are specially adapted for life in thick jungles or harsher environments where wings are more necessary. Night Pyxies are the third sub-race and are specially adapted to dark or difficult to live in places such as caves, crevices and the deepest parts of the forests and jungles.

Background: Aleksander first developed the idea for a tiny race of humanoids after seeing how many resources humanity required in order to sustain itself. While Aleksander held no distain for humanity he sought to create the Pyxies for two reasons: The first reason was as a source of mana for him so that he could sustain himself as a God. The second reason was to give life to a mortal race which required less resources and was more adaptable to the environment it found itself it. He originally drew inspiration from ants and bees that had survived from the Old World and which still seemed to thrive despite everything that had happened. Aleksander judged that it was because of their small size, sheer numbers and ability to sustain themselves on small amounts of resources when times got hard.

Aleksander developed the first Pyxie villages and allowed them to spread out from there. While he took note of the high mortality rate he could see that there was generally steady growth as the Pyxies came to occupy niches in their environment.
Anything else: Pyxies unfortunately have a very high mortality rate, having to contend with the creatures of nature and other mortal races (who sometimes refuse to see them as fellow mortals).
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:01 pm

I am withdrawing my app, as it is clear that the tone and feel of this RP will be very different from Ascension and I won't like it. It seems like reboots and sequels will always suck.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:04 pm

Throwing up a quick tag so I can keep better track of this. Am currently thinking to put up either a War or a Love/Beauty deity. Will pm folks with similar domains though in case either might step on any toes!
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse