NATION

PASSWORD

Brettain Diplomatic Inquiry Program [Q&A]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Brettain Diplomatic Inquiry Program [Q&A]

Postby Brettenwald » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:09 pm

The Holy Empire of Brettenwald

To whom it may concern:
In the interest of expanding our relationship with the world at large, it is my great honor to officially announce the opening of the Imperial Diplomatic Inquiry Program. If there is anything at all you wish to know about the Empire or its people, your questions will be answered promptly by a spokesperson, relevant Ministry official, or member of the Royal Family, as applicable. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely, The Hon. Adalrich Morvan, Minister of Foreign Affairs

This is pretty much me just jumping on the Q&A bandwagon, but I figured forcing myself to worldbuild was the only way I'd actually accomplish anything. IC and OOC questions are both welcome, so fire away!
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Yo, what's your opinion on the Amistad Declaration, both IC and OOC?
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Middle Barael
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Middle Barael » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:47 pm

What is the most recent book by that cool author of yours, and what is her book about?
Pro: Environmentalism, fighting climate change, social democracy, co-ops, police reform, LGBTQ rights, abortions, separation of church and state, democracy, assault weapon ban, proportional representation, multi-party states, Two-State Solution, Israel AND Palestine, pacifism, immigration, Anti-Racism, NHS-type Healthcare, culture, science, multiculturalism, UN, EU

Anti: Environmental destruction, fossil fuels, Trump, Laissez-faire economy, communism, far-right, homophobia, “Pro-Life”, dictatorships, one/two-party systems, guns, Netanyahu, Israeli settlements, Hamas, Jihadism, war, racism, anti-immigration, nationalism, fascism, chauvinism,

8Values
Social: Very Progressive
Economic: Social
Civil: Liberal
Foreign: Internationalist

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:34 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:Yo, what's your opinion on the Amistad Declaration, both IC and OOC?

I can't think of the right official for IC purposes so I'll just do the ol' third-person-omniscient-narrator thing. Politically, it's divisive. Given that Brettenwald was founded by Germanic barbarian tribes who, if they hadn't gotten the hell out of Germania, would all have been sold into slavery and/or killed by the Roman Empire, the Brettain people as a whole are horrified by the idea of slavery being practiced at all, let alone in this day and age. The left sees it as a necessary evil, decrying slavery as the other signatories do but not really happy with the "you must go to war against slaver states!" clause. The right, and especially the far right, would be more than happy to go to war, but public opinion is decidedly not in favor of that and they never have the votes in Parliament. Whether never having the votes is because of backstage maneuvering by HRH Marco or genuine sentiment against it is unknown, though. (wink wink, nudge nudge.)

OOC: It's the lesser of two evils for me really, I dislike the whole total war thing. I'd almost join GRAIL instead but I don't know their IC attitude toward monarchies, plus their thread quality is sophomoric at best and cringe-inducing at worst.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Middle Barael wrote:What is the most recent book by that cool author of yours, and what is her book about?

Frederika and her editor are finished with all 935 pages of Empire Vol.III, diving into all the insane Caligula-esque debauchery, scandal, and hedonism of the court of Emperor Dietrijk II (reigns from 1657-1695, he gets his throat slit by one of his concubines during a coup d'etat), and has announced on her Twitter feed that it's going through proofreading and print formatting before hitting both physical and digital shelves on December 20th. Pre-orders are already open. (She's also stated in a recent interview that she'll be satisfied if she gets the Empire series into the 1900s before she's dead.)
BRETTENWALD

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:57 am

Bump.
BRETTENWALD

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:59 pm

Bumperino.
BRETTENWALD

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information