NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 55 - Brahmokerto, Fromulya [OOC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

World Hit Festival 55 - Brahmokerto, Fromulya [OOC]

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:00 am

Welcome to Fromulya!

Firstly I would like to congratulate the efforts of Fromulya for finally winning the World Hit Festival! Cut Aisyah Nurramadhani won the World Hit Festival with a total of 27 points in what was a hotly contested Festival. The result could've gone to anyone, but that's what makes Fromulya's victory even more brilliant - the best of a great bunch of entries. I most certainly hope that now going into the 55th World Hit Festival, the qualify of the Festival improves even more so that the Festival reaches the greatest of heights for Fromulya's first ever hosting. I would also like to congratulate the team in Achaean Republic for hosting a great World Hit Festival.

This is it! The 55th World Hit Festival is the final World Hit senior edition of 2020 and what a year it has been?! Focusing on the positives of the Festival rather than the many issues and problems in the real world, 2020 has seen six great editions of the World Hit Festival, with a seventh fantastic show expected to finish the year off. While I can speak with bias by saying my own nation's two wins have been two personal highlights of mine, I cannot ignore the birth of uprising nations at the Festival. We have seen new winners and hosts and personal records being broken. We have seen the two largest World Hit Festivals to date (50th, 53rd WHF) which resulted in exciting Semi-Final shows being made.

For one more edition this year we can use the Festival as a form of solice and escapism in the turbulent year that we have all had and so I hope we leave 2020 with a bang in Brahmokerto, Fromulya for the 55th World Hit Festival. At least in the adult version of World Hit Festival, I will see you all in 2021 for the Orchestral Edition in January...

Guy Autriche
World Hit Festival Overseer

What is the World Hit Festival?
The World Hit Festival (WHF) is a multiversal song competition. Each nation shall enter 1 song and 1 artist, and it shall be 'performed' via roleplay. Most nations tend to use a real-life tune as a musical backing, but every entry submitted to the World Hit Festival is required to have original lyrics (ie. if you submit a tune, you must re-write the lyrics), so this does mean that instrumental entries are blocked from entering the contest.

WHF operates with three threads, the OOC, Draft, and IC threads. The one you are seeing now is the OOC/Sign-ups thread, the main place for you to discuss the contest, reveal your entrant, etc. All OOC chatter goes here. The Draft Thread, opened by the host, is the second thread opened up during a WHF contest, and this draft thread is where nations will post and work on their entries until a deadline determined by the host. The IC thread, also opened by the host is the third and final thread attached to a WHF, and it is where the host will transfer your entries.

The World Hit Festival has had a very long history in NationStates, and a thread by the second overseer (Euskirribakondara) has been created to compile this long history. Click here for a thread with links to every OOC and IC thread of all World Hit Festivals so far. Click this for a statistical database of all WHF participants. For winners, click here to see a full list of all WHF winners with links to their entries.

Below you can find the rules of the 55th World Hit Festival!

Rules and Regulations...
ENTRIES
  1. For an entry to be accepted, must have at least a tune and a complete set of lyrics. Incomplete, inappropriate or disorganised/unclear entries will not be accepted at the discretion of the host and the Overseer.
  2. Reserved RL Tunes Nations must not send a reserved tune from this list. Songs that have been reserved are those that have placed in the quintile of any participating Festival, including Junior World Hit Festival. Songs that do not place in the top quintile are reserved for a year from the IC date of the Festival. You can find all information, and more, by browsing that link. The Overseer will be responsible for checking tunes, with the host double-checking before transferring the entry to the IC.
  3. All or at least most of the written lyrics must be original. Should any user spot any concerns, don't hesitate to let the overseer or current host know.
  4. In order for Semi Finals to be initiated, there must be enough nations for there to be 13 nations per Semi Final. The number of participants before Semi Finals are initiated will be dependent on circumstances.
  5. The maximum amount of nations that can participate without more than one automatic qualifier (ie the host) is 18 nations per Semi-Final. Once this number has been broken, the top 6 (including the host) will automatically qualify to reduce 18 nations to 15 in each Semi.*1

CONTEST
  1. A nation is allowed to submit 2 puppets maximum to the contest, meaning that a user can be controlled at most 3 nations in the contest.
  2. Users must send a full ranking of all nations on the IC Thread to the host of the competition when the voting opens. If users usually split their rankings across multiple participating nations (master and at least one puppet), they are free to provide only one ranking - provided it directly aligns with how many points given out across the user's participating nations. Otherwise, the user must send a ranking per participating nation they own. Rankings should not be displayed by any given user until after the Festival has been completed.
  3. The nation ranked first will receive 5 points, the nation ranked second will receive 4 points etc. Nations ranked 6th or below will not receive any points.
  4. When participating with multiple nations, users can only give themselves 8 points maximum. Votes will not be accepted if users give themselves, through any of their nations, more than 8 points.
  5. In the event of a tie, the countback system goes as follows: Amount of nations - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 6th places, 7th places etc.

HOSTING
  1. The winner of the competition will automatically be given the right to host the competition. The winner will have 72 hours (maximum) to announce their interest in hosting the Festival to the Overseer.
  2. The host can reveal they will host the World Hit Festival after talks with the Overseer on when to do this. It will still officially be announced on the WHF Network.
  3. If within the first 72 hours, the host either doesn't announce their interest in hosting the proceeding contest or declines hosting rights, the nation who came 2nd will be asked and so on until it reaches the Overseer. The Overseer can give hosting responsibilities to a user placed below them if they are willing to host.
  4. If the host abandons their host duties, the World Hit Overseer will be responsible for what left needs to be done.
  5. We would like to ensure all World Hit Festival hosts can host the competition to the best of their ability. If you have any concerns about hosting if given the opportunity to, don't hesitate to speak to the World Hit Overseer.

The 55th World Hit Festival...

BRAHMOKERTO, FROMULYA
HOSTS OF THE 55TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL

Fromulya is a country of thousands. Thousands of volcanoes mark our place in the heart of the Ring of Fire. Thousands of diverse cultures, which meet with one another in peaceful harmony. Thousands of communities, each of them being its own spark that lights the fire of passion that keeps us going, and that keeps us warm in times of peril. Thousands of islands, connected through our shared heritage. Thousands of years of history, as passed on to us by our elders through dance and song.

For the 55th World Hit Festival, we invite you to sing with us, to celebrate life with us. Join us as we dance around the Ring of fire.

Draft Thread - 25th October
Sign-ups close - 7th November
Closure of Draft - 8th November
Voting Deadline - 15th November
Winner Known By - 22nd November

Participating
If you would like to participate at the World Hit Festival, please complete the form below.
Code: Select all
[box][b]Nation:[/b]
[b]Broadcaster:[/b]

[b]Song Title:[/b]
[b]Artist:[/b]
[b]Language(s):[/b]
[b]Title Transcription (if required):[/b]
[b]Title Translation (if required):[/b]
[b]Tune:[/b]

[b]Head of Delegation:[/b][/b][/box]
For WHF veterans, the sign-up form above will look very familiar as it is the same sign-up form for the past 35 or so editions. However, for debutantes, I have provided a sample application using WHF32's winning entry in a spoiler, with explanations in brackets.

Nation: Euskirribakondara (name of your nation goes here)
Broadcaster: EUSK1 (name of your broadcaster goes here, and this is usually your national broadcaster that would broadcast the WHF. For a real-life comparison, think of the BBC in the UK.)

Song Title: "По, Дај Ми Любавте" (name of your song)
Artist: Nadija Djokanović (the name of the artist that will 'perform' the song in your roleplay.)
Language(s): Sirbadian, Euskal, Hinga (the language(s) that your lyrics will be performed in)
Title Transcription (if required): "Po, Daj Mi Ljubavte" (if your song's language utilizes another script such as Cyrillic, you would put the romanization of that title here. In this example, По, Дај Ми Любавте is Po, Daj Mi Ljubavte. Otherwise, this part can be omitted.)
Title Translation (if required): Come On, Give Me Your Love (the translation of your song's title to English. If your song is in English already, this part can also be omitted.)
Tune: Here (most WHF tunes will have tunes attached to them, such as this entry using Poli Genova's If Love Was a Crime. If you are using a tune, do provide a link of the tune in this form. However, there are cases in which users do not submit a tune and use self-penned songs, in which case, filling out this part is not required.

Head of Delegation: (The Head of Delegation is the person who is in charge of your delegation at the 53rd World Hit Festival. If you have already provided information about this, you do not have to fill this part of the form out)

Provisional Sign-Ups (21)
Updated 23rd October 2020, 20:36 BST
  1. Achaean Republic [AS1] Laura Lee - Viento
  2. Beepee [BONC] Hugo First - 'til Now
  3. Britonisea [BVC] AIDA - MY FINAL PROMISE.
  4. Darkmania IMAKETHEMUSIC feat. - Fri
  5. Estogium [RVC]
  6. Fromulya [TVRF - HOST] Dian Tarakita
  7. Izmedu [RTI]
  8. Joija [JTV] Pastiche - Worth Dying For
  9. Kalosia [RTVK]
  10. Kyritakia
  11. Llalta [LBN]
  12. Nekoni
  13. Nightom [KVC]
  14. Normandy & Picardy [SRNP] Philippe Lyotard - À Nouveau
  15. North Alezia [ABA] Halimah Sa'adinova - Hilang di Zafi
  16. Pemecutan [UBC] Agus Teja ft. Trisna Arya and Nuraini Fajrin - Tetap di Hati
  17. Rhim Flavezztowland [FTV] Heart Zone - Move It
  18. Scotatrova [SSTR] Miguel Alvaro
  19. Skanden
  20. Togonistan Ray Carter & The Gatherers - Freefall
  21. Vartugia Shitty Band Name - We gonna get last place

Tunes

1. Achaean Republic Hot Potato - Pillow
  2. Beepee Edsilia Rombley - Van Jou
  3. Britonisea SIA - Courage to Change
  4. Darkmania Röyksopp feat. Robyn - Monument (The Inevitable End Version)
  5. Estogium Ivan NAVI - Це Вона (Зірка)
  6. Fromulya Alffy Rev ft Hanin Dhiya - Beautiful We Are
  7. Izmedu Zeljko Joksimovic - Nije ljubav stvar
  8. Joija Brick - Ben Folds Five
  9. Kalosia Celeste - Strange
  10. Nekoni Superbus - Un autre monde
  11. Normandy & Picardy Ultimo - 22 Settembre
  12. North Alezia EMI MARIA - Lost In Tokyo
  13. Pemecutan Eka Gustiwana ft. Prince Husein and Sara Fajira - Tersimpan di Hati
  14. Rhim Flavezztowland MAMAMOO - Hip
  15. Scotatrova Pablo Alborán, Ava Max - Tabú
  16. Skanden DJ Snake ft Zomboy - Quiet Storm
  17. Togonistan Broder Daniel - Shoreline
  18. Vartugia Katrina and the Waves - I'm Walking On Sunshine
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:45 am, edited 8 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Rule Clarifications & Upcoming WHF56 Orchestral Edition

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:00 am

Rule Updates!

So, I would like to keep the rules the same for the rest of my Overseership (which at this point seems like it has no end haha) and along with a bit of an overhaul of how the OOC thread looks, I've updated the rules section, including splitting it off into entries/contest/hosting just so things don't look too cluttered. Some rules I've thought about and hadn't implemented but I've done it all now since...why not!? Below, you'll be able to find out about the changes made to the World Hit Festival...

Reserved RL Tunes - Nations must not send a reserved tune from this list. Songs that have been reserved are those that have placed in the quintile of any participating Festival, including Junior World Hit Festival. Songs that do not place in the top quintile are reserved for a year from the IC date of the Festival. You can find all information, and more, by browsing that link. The Overseer will be responsible for checking tunes, with the host double-checking before transferring the entry to the IC.

As you can see here, certain songs have been reserved at the World Hit Festival which includes the top quintile of each edition, which is around the top 3-5 for most editions. This has been done to protect the efforts of those who placed well with the songs that they have. Instead of saying "pick a tune and I'll tell you later whether it's accepted", I have provided a resource for you all to check whether a song has been reserved. Simply CTRL/CMD+F a song (or search in the settings menu if not on tablet or phone) to check if it comes up. Songs submitted in the past year are also reserved (there's only 6-7 WHFs a year so...the past 6ish editions) with links to their playlist available to scroll through to check if a song can be used. If you're one, like me, who hates using tunes that have already been used, feel free to have a nosey to past playlists beyond the last 6 editions. Though, these rules can be overturned if someone doesn't mind their songs to be reused.

The tunes reserved are mostly limited to that version/genre of the song, including covers. If a song was a quiet ballad turned into a completely different sounding rock song then you might as well call it different song, right? I'm lenient and if you have any questions, please don't be afraid to DM me about it. I will also check each song as I update the thread. Also just so you know, your application will still be accepted, just not the song.

Users must send a full ranking of all nations on the IC Thread to the host of the competition when the voting opens. If users usually split their rankings across multiple participating nations (master and at least one puppet), they are free to provide only one ranking - provided it directly aligns with how many points given out across the user's participating nations. Otherwise, the user must send a ranking per participating nation they own. Rankings should not be displayed by any given user until after the Festival has been completed.

For those of us who participate with more than one nation, this might come as some sort of relief. If you're lazy unwilling to do a separate ranking per nation you've signed up, from now on, you can submit one ranking to the host. From this ranking, you can decide how you want to give out the points across your participating nations - as long as it aligns with your rankings. Using WHF53 as an example, say Britonisea had Nightom and Estogium participating, Britonisea can send the host 1 complete ABEN ranking. Normandy & Picardy, Achaean Republic and Izmedu were the ABEN top three. Britonisea might decide to give each of those three nations 5 points, and work their way down, thus voting for 15 nations in total. Please be mindful about the rules regarding about voting for yourself however. You will be free to "shift" votes up and down until...

When participating with multiple nations, users can only give themselves 8 points maximum. Votes will not be accepted if users give themselves, through any of their nations, more than 8 points.

I feel as though this rule has been interpreted in different ways, but I am clarifying the rule in the way that I have always understood it. When participating with multiple nations, you cannot give yourself more than 8 points - and it doesn't matter whether it's to you or your puppet nation. This rule doesn't change depending on whether you participate with 2 or 3 nations. This rule is perhaps a bit stricter than the rules before as I don't want the Festival to be necessarily overly advantageous to those who simply signed up more nations than others. Shall we have another ABEN example? Sure! Well, if Britonisea was participating along with Nightom and Estogium. Britonisea could give 5 points to Estogium, no problem! Nightom could give 3 points to Britonisea - that's fantastic! However because the user, Britonisea, has given 8 points to himself, he therefore cannot award Nightom the 2 points he planned to award them as that would mean he would've given himself a total of 10 points! Hosts will be in charge of making sure this rule is followed when inputting in scores. I will even go as far as sending you and your puppets vote in one TG or DM to make it easier for the host to see you've kept within rules. This is similar to the WV rule in which you can only give yourself a maximum of 5 points, even if you thought your puppet/main deserved an eight from yourself!

The host can reveal they will host the World Hit Festival after talks with the Overseer on when to do this. It will still officially be announced on the WHF Network.

I understand that winning and hosting can be an exciting time for any user, especially ones that haven't hosted in a while or at all. With that being said, I've stripped back the rule of silence as it was before and rather offered something I'm sure we can both agree on. Before the host announces that they'd like to host, this rule states that the prospective host should wait for their interaction with the Overseer (which usually is between 20 minutes to up to 6 hours depending on when the winner is announced) before announcing they're hosting themselves. I would personally prefer the prospective host to do this in an interesting way such as posting it on a broadcaster twitter account, using the RP/NS-IC channel on discord or posting it on the OOC thread as a news article. The logo for the Festival will be officially announced on the WHF Network after the WHF Reference Group meeting.

If within the first 72 hours, the host either doesn't announce their interest in hosting the proceeding contest or declines hosting rights, the nation who came 2nd will be asked and so on until it reaches the Overseer. The Overseer can give hosting responsibilities to a user placed below them if they are willing to host.

While this rule hasn't been touched as of yet, I feel like the weakness of the rule before was that if Britonisea came 7th (which the nation has done a few times since my Overseership start date), if the 5th nation rejects, the Overseer would automatically host. 6th place might be rearing to go with hosting and feel cheated. So I've changed this rule. If the host gives up hosting rights, it will keep on going until we get to the Overseer (which includes my puppets). If I finish 19th place, touch wood that doesn't happen), we will go through 18 nations before we go to the Overseering nation. If I finish 2nd and 1st gives up, I most likely will host unless 3rd place can/wants to host or if I cannot due to RL circumstances.

I'm rather satisfied with the changes but none of those should affect the day-to-day running and feel of the World Hit Festival.

Important info regarding WHF56!

Dear winner of the 55th World Hit Festival whoever you may be. Upon winning the 55th WHF, I will contact you in regards to hosting the 56th WHF. As you should know by now, the 56th WHF will be an orchestral themed edition of the festival. Despite winning on the 22nd November 2020, the OOC thread will be put up on the 13th December with the Draft Thread going up after Christmas due to the JWHF8 taking place and not clashing with the WV timeline This means you will have three weeks to prepare hosting the 56th WHF. In these three weeks, you must prepare a host package, including your plans to include a standard philharmonic sized orchestra pit.

For the participants of the 56th World Hit Festival, things that you will need to think about for when the Draft Thread goes up on the 27th December is making sure;
    Your Tune is Acceptable: Please refer to the Philharmonia UK website which will give you a list of instruments available...
    Instruments other than Philarmonia: However, I will be rather lenient on entries. While no computer generated sounds or distorted vocals being allowed whatsoever for the 56th World Hit Festival, live instruments not apart of the standard philharmonic sized orchestra pit will still be accepted. This includes, but is not limited to; guitars (electric and standard) and other traditional strings insturments, percussions such as drumkits, tambourines, marracas, clastanets and triangles etc.
    Backing Vocals: By the way, backing vocals are supposed to be live too. So if you're planning on having a choir or an echo effect, you better have the money to bring all people to the hosts of the 56th World Hit Festival.

So start thinking about it! In terms of hosting, the 56th WHF is a great and fun edition to host as it really allows you to strip back. I'd say while Opening Tunes/Interval Acts don't need to fit the brief, it'd be nice to keep the theme running throughout. In order to host 56th WHF, you have to win WHF55 first!

Good luck!
Last edited by Britonisea on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fromulya
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fromulya » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:01 am

TELEVISI REPUBLIK FROMULYA & MET PRESENTS

55th World Hit Festival
Festival Lagu Populer Dunia ke-55

"Dance Around the Ring of Fire"
"Nari Keliling Cincin Api"

Brahmokerto, Fromulya
[Original host package document]

Selamat Datang! Welcome to Fromulya!
Thank you for all the support in allowing us to win the 54th World Hit Festival in La Cañada, Achaean Republic. We are honoured to receive the hosting baton from them and hope to pass them to a worthy country.

While our capital, Paris Baru, may seem as an obvious choice, and while there are various other host locations that may seem better equipped to host such a prestigious event, Televisi Republik Fromulya stands by its decision to hold the contest in Brahmokerto.

Meet the Organizers
Due to a law which gives government institutions and government-owned enterprises the right of first refusal in representing Fromulya in high-profile events, the country’s participating broadcaster at the World Hit Festival has primarily been the state broadcaster Televisi Republik Fromulya (TVRF).

Because of limited state funding, TVRF have entered a cooperation agreement with Mediatama Televisi (MET) to produce and organize the 55th World Hit Festival. MET, as a private broadcaster, is renowned for its high quality productions. The television station’s programming mainly targets hip, mainly urban youth. As a result of this, MET can be trusted in producing a world-class show intended to present Fromulya to an international audience.

The Theme
The theme of the contest is “Dance Around the Ring of Fire”, or in Fromulyan Indonesian, “Nari keliling Cincin Api”.

This theme is meant to encapsulate Fromulya’s rich cultural history and the wide variety of song and dance that has been passed down over millennia, becoming part of our heritage, while at the same time recognizing our geographical location and geological features, that for some adds to the allure that this country has to offer.

“Ring of fire” can also be interpreted as the social circles (rings) that connect each human being with one another, and the passion (fire) that brings us together. As we dance around this “ring of fire”, we can cultivate a sense of togetherness, the same way music brings us together at the World Hit Festival.

About the Host City
Brahmokerto is a Fromulyan town. The most notable part of the town isn’t in it itself, but rather what lays around it. The town was built near the Brahmanan temples, from which the city gained its name. The temples continue to be a major tourist destination, and creating foot and vehicle traffic that passes through the town, creating economic opportunities both in the town and in the area as a whole.

According to legend, the Brahmanan temples were built as a show of affection:
A prince, lovestruck over a princess from a fallen kingdom, desired to marry her and allow her dominion to survive as part of the prince’s father’s kingdom. The princess agreed to the marriage on the condition that he, as a sign of commitment, build a thousand temples within the span of a single night. Using his supernatural powers to summon spirits to help him build the temples, construction began.

After the 999th temple was complete, the princess ordered her maids to begin their morning routines, prompting roosters to crow. Fooled into thinking it was sunrise, the spirits fled into their dwellings, leaving the final temple unfinished. Furious with this deception, the prince used the last of his powers to turn the princess into stone, becoming the feature that completed the final temple and thus fulfilling the conditions of their marriage.

About the Venue
The organizers of the 55th World Hit Festival have chosen the Brahmanan Temple Complex as the venue for the contest.

The Brahmanan temples already have a connection to the World Hit Festival — they were featured in the Fromulyan postcard at the 52nd World Hit Festival, held a few months ago in Kalosia. This venue is a tourist attraction in its own right. Still, within the temple complex, a venue space has been set up to allow events to happen with the background of the temples. Notable events that have taken place within the complex include concerts by Fromulya’s biggest stars, as well as an annual music event, the Brahmanan Jazz Festival, that traditionally takes place in August.
A snapshot from the 2018 Brahmanan Jazz Festival. The 55th World Hit Festival will be held in this same venue.

Another snapshot from the 2018 Brahmanan Jazz Festival, showing the position of the venue in respect to the temples.
For the 55th World Hit Festival, a similar setup to this will be used.

A photo taken during a cultural showcase event. This roughly demonstrates the size of the stage area at the venue, although this is not the stage design in itself. Pay attention to how portions of the background are bare, left open/uncovered but simply not illuminated at all so as to not distract from the view.

The same stage design as the one above, but this photo was taken the morning of the event before rehearsals began.

About the Stage
The stage design is inspired by both elements from the local architecture as well as the architecture of Pasai Darussalam, the region of origin of the winning WHF54 singer and songwriter. It consists of 2 platforms — the main stage, and an upper platform in the back that is accessible by a staircase, and can be walked on from backstage. The upper platform and staircase have railing that is carved to resemble the reliefs in the actual Brahmanan temples. Behind the platform is a huge rectangular LED screen. While it may seem simple and generic, its rectangular design was actually inspired by screens used by traditional shadow puppet shows. Right below the platform and railing are LED screens that take the shape of the roofs of traditional Pasai Darussalam houses. Delegations will also be free to use these LED screens during performances.

On the main stage, there is an LED circle that symbolizes the “Ring of Fire” mentioned in the theme. This emphasizes Fromulya’s position in the geological Ring of Fire, as well as its reputation as a land of volcanoes. Additionally, on the left and right sides of the stage there are two large LED screens. These screens are NOT to be used by delegations during their entries. Rather, they are there to allow the audience to get a better view of the performances (particularly as not all opening/interval acts are due to take place onstage), and during the voting the scoreboard will be shown on these screens.

Although the Brahmanan Temple Complex concourse is an open air venue, the organizers will try their best to accommodate to allow the full range of features typically seen at a typical WHF production.
We can confirm that the following features will be available: pyrotechnics, smoke machine, a spidercam camera, crane cameras, 2 steadicam cameras, a rail camera that goes around the stage. Feel free to reach out should you have questions about a specific feature.
Additionally, a selection of the Brahmanan temples (just the ones visible from the audience) will be illuminated during the show, and delegations will be able to change the colour of the lighting for their performances (though they will not be turned off for any portion of the show, including during the entries).

The green room will be located on the other side of the temple complex from the stage area. Of course, there will be a large screen where delegations can watch the show together.
The winning act will have the pleasure of walking a victory parade through the temples themselves in order to get to the stage, which will be part of the televised show.

Postcards
TBA

Miscellaneous
The contest is being held during Fromulya's dry season, and according to the nation's meteorology agency, rain is not predicted to happen during the day of the contest. Additionally, the same contingency plans that TVRF has in place in the event of natural disasters such as earthquakes and volcanoes are in place.

Terima Kasih!
Thank you for making it this far in reading the host details. Of course, more will be revealed in the coming days so keep an eye on this post as more details about the contest become known.

See you at the 55th World Hit Festival live from Brahmokerto, Fromulya!
Last edited by Fromulya on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Looking back at WHF54 in Achaean Republic!

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:53 am

1st Fromulya 27
2nd Normandy & Picardy 26
3rd Polkopia 25

4th Kalosia 24
5th Achaean Republic 22

6th Britonisea 17
7th North Alezia 17
8th Malta Comino Gozo 17
9th Pemecutan 17
10th Beepee 17
11th Togonistan 15
12th Estogium 15
13th Teesdexxia 9
14th Natanya 8
15th Skanden 8
16th Scotatrova 5
17th Yaakovistan 1
18th South Alezia 0
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Estogium » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:18 pm

Signing up.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Estogium wrote:Signing up.

Confirmed, might also sign up Nightom.

My entry will be revealed properly during the weekend but the tune is below.

Fromulya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fromulya » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 pm

Fromulya has internally selected singer Dian Tarakita to perform the host entry.

Provisionally we reserve Beautiful We Are by Alffy Rev ft Hanin Dhiya but this is potentially subject to change.

Additionally, I will reveal more info on Saturday when the Host Package comes out. Looking forward to all your beautiful entries!!!

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 am

Nation: Beepee
Broadcaster: Beepeean Occasional News Corporation (BONC)

Song Title: 'til Now
Artist: Hugo First
Language(s): English
Tune: Edsilia Rombley - "Van Jou"

Head of Delegation:Ms Fanny Golightly

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:35 am

I'm sorry, but I think that I won't participate in WHF. :(
Last edited by Waisnor on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

North Alezia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby North Alezia » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:55 am

Hi, We're back!

Nation: North Alezia
Broadcaster: Alezian Broadcasting Authority (ABA)

Song Title: Hilang di Zafi
Artist: Halimah Sa'adinova
Language(s): Indonesian
Title Transcription (if required): -
Title Translation (if required): Lost In Zafi
Tune: EMI MARIA - Lost In Tokyo

Head of Delegation: Hayaz Hamarrudin

preconfirming South Alezia.
Last edited by North Alezia on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FEDERATION OF NORTH ALEZIA

Member of the Alezian Union

Rhim Flavezztowland
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhim Flavezztowland » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:03 am

Nation: Rhim Flavezztowland
Broadcaster: FTV

Song Title: Move It
Artist: Heart Zone
Title Transcription (if required): N/A
Title Translation (if required): N/A
Tune: MAMAMOO - "Hip"

Head of Delegation: Courtney Takeuchi, Educational Minister of Rhim Flavezztowland

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 am

Kalosia signs up! This is a first in which we confirm participation as a puppet of another country (namely Fromulya) rather than Fromulya being listed as a puppet of Kalosia. But y'all know who I am at this point.

I'm still deciding on what the Kalosian entry should be but I'll put my hand on Mi sei scoppiato dentro il cuore by Annalisa for now just in case. In part because my thought to send You by Vasil was met with heavy resistance on Discord.

ICly, Kalosia's entry will be decided by national final.
Mediterranea > Mediterra > Kalosia
/kə'loʊʒɑː/ (english) /kɑː'lɒsiːɑː/ (kalosian)
Factbook | Official Website

WorldVision Song Contest results
World Hit Festival results (incomplete)

Skanden
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Skanden » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:28 am

And Skanden confirms as the 3rd nation by the same user hosting this edition of the festival.

Our chosen tune for this entry is Quiet Storm by DJ Snake ft Zomboy. So excited!

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:10 am

Signing up properly, and this time I mean it.

Base: Un autre monde by Superbus
Last edited by Nekoni on Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Kyritakia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyritakia » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:10 am

Nekoni wrote:Signing up properly, and this time I mean it.

HA!

I'm in too.
Nekoni's OTHER bit on the side.

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:19 am

Nation: Darkmania
Broadcaster: DaTV

Song Title: Fri
Artist: IMAKETHEMUSIC feat.
Language(s): Norwegian
Title Transcription (if required):
Title Translation (if required): Free
Tune:Röyksopp feat. Robyn - Monument (The Inevitable End Version)

Head of Delegation:[/b]
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:27 am

Nation: Vartugia
Broadcaster: no

Song Title: We gonna get last place
Artist: Shitty Band Name
Language(s): yes
Title Translation (if required):
Tune: Katrina and the Waves - I'm Walking On Sunshine, Pluffnub "remix"

Head of Delegation:[/b]

Echo fighter of Darkmania
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:16 am

signing up jus in case
~*✧*~
どんなに怖くたって目お逸らさないよ
全ての終わりに愛があるなら
~*✧*~

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Achaean Republic » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Nation: Achaean Republic
Broadcaster: AS1

Song Title: Viento
Artist: Laura Lee
Language(s): Spanish
Title Translation (if required): WInd
Tune:Hot Potato - Pillow

Head of Delegation: Tamar de Andrade
Last edited by Achaean Republic on Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014

Postby Pemecutan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:33 pm

Nation: Pemecutan
Broadcaster: UBC

Song Title: Tetap di Hati
Artist: Agus Teja ft. Trisna Arya and Nuraini Fajrin
Language(s): Indonesian, English, Hanacaraka
Title Translation (if required): Stay in the Heart
Tune: Eka Gustiwana ft. Prince Husein and Sara Fajira - Tersimpan di Hati

Head of Delegation: Kadek Githa Anjani
Last edited by Pemecutan on Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Nation: Scotatrova
Broadcaster: SSTR

Song Title: TBD
Artist: Miguel Alvaro
Language(s): Scotatrovian
Title Translation (if required):
Tune: Pablo Alborán, Ava Max - Tabú

Head of Delegation: Amanda Abellan
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Kalosia wrote:Kalosia signs up! This is a first in which we confirm participation as a puppet of another country (namely Fromulya) rather than Fromulya being listed as a puppet of Kalosia. But y'all know who I am at this point.

I'm still deciding on what the Kalosian entry should be but I'll put my hand on Mi sei scoppiato dentro il cuore by Annalisa for now just in case. In part because my thought to send You by Vasil was met with heavy resistance on Discord.

ICly, Kalosia's entry will be decided by national final.

On second thought, that tune would be well-suited for the orchestral edition.

Instead, the tune I'll be working with for this edition is Strange by Celeste.

Also, I will be dropping details about the hosting, including the venue and stage design, later today. Stay tuned!
Mediterranea > Mediterra > Kalosia
/kə'loʊʒɑː/ (english) /kɑː'lɒsiːɑː/ (kalosian)
Factbook | Official Website

WorldVision Song Contest results
World Hit Festival results (incomplete)

Joija
Envoy

Founded: Jun 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Joija » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:42 pm

Nation: Joija
Broadcaster: JTV1/JTV2
Song Title: Worth Dying For
Artist: Pastiche
Tune: Brick - Ben Folds Five

Head of Delegation: Ezaiah Maitanga
Hey guys. It's me, a dummy that runs a Mediterranean-climate island nation of 78 million idiots. Check us out, we're kinda warm and kinda cool. Sweeeeeet.

Funderland Helsberg suffers first fatal accident in 14 years / 2.1m Joijans test positive for COVID / Man arrested for looking at more people 'menacingly'

Fromulya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fromulya » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:16 am

Hello everyone!

I just released some more host information, including the stage design, HERE.

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions! Thanks again <3

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:09 am

Nation: Togonistan
Broadcaster: Lucky 7 Music

Song Title: ''Freefall''
Artist: Ray Carter & The Gatherers