NATION

PASSWORD

Imperium: Reboot (OOC/Sign Ups) Always Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Bolslania wrote:My only statement to the revolutionaries is that my char earned his nickname.

You can take that as a warning or a challenge :)

The Bloody Governor meets the Sun Daughter.

Let there be hope under the black sun!
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Revlona wrote:I’m ready for the civil war (revolution?) that’s just gonna end with fucking half the galaxy in fire and trillions dead

This is insufficient. The whole Galaxy must be aflame and at least a quadrillion dead before any hope of the decay being erased is possible.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Revlona wrote:I’m ready for the civil war (revolution?) that’s just gonna end with fucking half the galaxy in fire and trillions dead

This is insufficient. The whole Galaxy must be aflame and at least a quadrillion dead before any hope of the decay being erased is possible.

Decay? The only decay I see is because of those fake revolutionaries that wish to ride legitimate Grievances to a power grab, such traitors shall be crushed in the end.
Lover of doggos

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:08 pm

If this doesn't devolve into a Russian Civil War but with more than a thousand factions fighting each other, I'm curious what it would be.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:13 pm

Sarderia wrote:If this doesn't devolve into a Russian Civil War but with more than a thousand factions fighting each other, I'm curious what it would be.

Well unless things go drastically wrong I and I think several others are leaning loyalist while you have the commies

So currently 2 player factions, plus it minus any warlords
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:21 pm

Revlona wrote:
Sarderia wrote:If this doesn't devolve into a Russian Civil War but with more than a thousand factions fighting each other, I'm curious what it would be.

Well unless things go drastically wrong I and I think several others are leaning loyalist while you have the commies

The Obsidian Fleet will cut a bloody swathe for order, and progress. There are too many men in the galaxy anyway, too many inefficiencies. The cosmos will not miss a few trillion uneducated yokels.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:21 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:

Many will perish.

Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Rodez wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Many will perish.

Gr*llers shall be the first to perish
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Revlona wrote:

The Obsidian Fleet will cut a bloody swathe for order, and progress. There are too many men in the galaxy anyway, too many inefficiencies. The cosmos will not miss a few trillion uneducated yokels.

For the Imperium or for a New Order?

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:25 pm

We all know that the G*illers will be PURGED FIRST.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Someone: “This universe is not 40k, there are no space marines, there are very few or two purges and honestly people live on average pretty good lives, so not 40k

Me: “Yet”

Edit: it is only the 26th millennium after all :) XD
Lover of doggos

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:30 pm

Revlona wrote:Someone: “This universe is not 40k, there are no space marines, there are very few or two purges and honestly people live on average pretty good lives, so not 40k

Me: “Yet”

Edit: it is only the 26th millennium after all :) XD

Indeed, it will be a mix of the Clone Wars and the Dark Age of Technology.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:30 pm

You know, given that there's social media and SPACE internet, there be must be the equivalent of vtubers out there somewhere.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018

Postby Bolslania » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Can we get a sound off of loyalists and revolutionaries real quick? I wanna see who I'm up against

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Bolslania wrote:Can we get a sound off of loyalists and revolutionaries real quick? I wanna see who I'm up against

Imp should make a roster listing who sits where.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:37 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:You know, given that there's social media and SPACE internet, there be must be the equivalent of vtubers out there somewhere.

Seccession Prank on the Emperor (gone terribly wrong -- 20 trillion dead!)

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Sarderia wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:You know, given that there's social media and SPACE internet, there be must be the equivalent of vtubers out there somewhere.

Seccession Prank on the Emperor (gone terribly wrong -- 20 trillion dead!)

No no

It’s “Succession prank on the empire GONE WRONG, 20 TRILLION DEAD AND COUNTING!!!!”

With emojis and their stupid face plastered on the title card
Lover of doggos

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:41 pm

What I can find

The revolutionaries:

Polan Brown
Arnst Urbach
Missing Striker's app
The Reformists:

Irene Himmel
Victoria Lauder-Reed
Loyalists:

Jac Vandercalt
Serrat Honora
Shara Lafel
Last edited by Union Princes on Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:42 pm

App is done unless I missed anything.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:47 pm

I think I’m leaning loyalist

I’m more anti communist than true loyalist I thinks
Lover of doggos

New New Sriker
Attaché

Founded: Oct 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New New Sriker » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:49 pm

Union Princes wrote:What I can find

The revolutionaries:

Polan Brown
Arnst Urbach
Missing Striker's app
The Reformists:

Irene Himmel
Victoria Lauder-Reed
Loyalists:

Jac Vandercalt
Serrat Honora
Shara Lafel

I've done most of my app but the back story, I'll finish it either later tonight or tomorrow.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Arnst would be willing to compromise with anyone - the Reformists, the Fascists, everyone except the Emperor. This is mainly to create an unified front against the Emperor, though.

After that, it's a battle royale.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Sarderia wrote:Arnst would be willing to compromise with anyone - the Reformists, the Fascists, everyone except the Emperor. This is mainly to create an unified front against the Emperor, though.

Arnst is gonna die of a stroke ain't he? and then the Revolution shall consume itself

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:54 pm

Sarderia wrote:Arnst would be willing to compromise with anyone - the Reformists, the Fascists, everyone except the Emperor. This is mainly to create an unified front against the Emperor, though.

I’m curious, is it the emperor himself he hates or the idea of the emperor? As the current one seems pretty good imo
Lover of doggos

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:05 pm

I've got a few ideas that I'm considering rolling with and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about what might fit better!

The main idea I've been thinking about is to app as the leader and heir for a xenos SAS. Culturally, the xenos would be something of an orcish, khanate-like faction which has a poor reputation for producing raiders and pirates that plague the more 'civilized' territories nearby. In the past, the race once lorded over their own empire that cut its way across a swathe of the galaxy before being defeated and quartered by the Imperium. Now, the SAS still wields significant power on paper due to its high population and territorial extent, but it is considered to be 'backwards' and is kept deeply divided by both internal conflicts and interference from others. Although a single 'Khan'-esque leader is nominally in charge, his hold is weak over the individual clans that often bicker, fight and compete against one another for local influence.

The current Khan would be a bit of a brute, completely focused on his own gluttonous self-interest instead of the wellbeing of his people. He'd be corrupt to the core and lavish himself with bribes and favours from the Great Houses and Imperium interests instead of standing up for the interests of the SAS. His behaviour has sparked a major 'traditionalist' rebellion against him that seeks to loosen the grip of the Imperium over the SAS and for a return to more of the old ways. Meanwhile, the heir to the Khan is infatuated with humanity and the Imperium. He believes that the SAS should try and integrate more with the Imperium and that they should throw off the remnants of their old ways in exchange for technological progress and cultural development.

In all, I'd probably throw up apps for the Khan, his heir, and a xenophoboic leader for the rebellion. The hope would be that the conflict would be interesting enough for it to become something of a proxy war for other powers within the Imperium to get involved in.

Other potential ideas I've been toying around with if that doesn't sound like it'll work too well, is to app for a mercantile Great House that focuses on generating wealth and controlling galactic trade, while its military prowess has largely atrophied. They'd be political and greedy, with infighting and courtly intrigue being their bread-and-butter rather than heroic charges and noble stands.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:07 pm

Name of Territory: The Deynai Order

Government: The Deynai Order is a unique institution of Bahai'Shido. It is best described as a quasi-monastic, quasi-military organization dedicated to providing education, health care, and protection to the Imperium's poorest and most defenseless populations. While Bahai'Shido has no clergy, the Deynai Order are regarded as living exemplars of the Eight Tenets, and abide by a strict code of conduct - the 'Ahad - that dates back twelve thousand years. Formally, the Order is quite loosely organized; one key principle of the 'Ahad is that every Deynai Magister is ultimately answerable only to his or her own conscience, and cannot be disciplined for violating instructions. Thus, most Magisters are a type of knight-errant: the legendary "Wandering Deynai," moving between planets stricken by war or plague or poverty, and offering healing and education and protection to those who need it most. Deynai who distinguish themselves by acts of great bravery, kindness, or wisdom are acknowledged by their peers as Elders; these Elders, in turn, are eligible to be elected to the Aegis Council. Members of the Council sit for life, and are elected by a vote of all Deynai. The Council can call for collective action by the Order as a whole, but its authority relies on suasion and respect, not on formal discipline or control. Nevertheless, its influence within Bahai'Shido is second only to that of the Galactic Council of Justice itself - the highest authority of the faith.

Capital World: Formally, like Bahai'Shido as a whole, the Deynai Order is headquartered on the Gaia world of Mar Elyas, in the Galactic Core. This is where the Aegis Council sits. But in fact, the Order's headquarters is the remote and secretive tomb world of Laghaz: a pre-imperial Solarian colony destroyed in some unknown calamity and lost to history. On Laghaz, with its crushing gravity and barely breathable atmosphere, Deynai aspirants undergo years of ritualized physical and mental conditioning; they are broken down beyond ordinary human limits, and reborn as Magisters. And in the ruins of Laghaz, the Deynai Order discovered its most jealously guarded secret: the Kabuto Gift, a personal shield/suspension generator of extraordinary power designed to be implanted into the user's body and controlled directly by thought. The Gift, combined with the Deynai's physical and autohypnotic conditioning, is what makes them such legendary warriors. And since it is beyond the capacity of modern Imperial technology to replicate, each Gift is unique: there are only twenty thousand of them in existence, and for a new Deynai to be consecrated, a Gift must be extracted from a fallen Magister.

Population: Because the Kabuto Gift is necessary in order to become a full-fledged Magister, there are only about twenty thousand true Deynai at any moment in the galaxy. When a Deynai dies, the Order will go to great lengths to recover the body and extract the Gift, in order to allow the fallen Magister's place to be filled by an aspirant. The Order is supported, however, by millions of clerks, cooks, accountants, and other deacons scattered across the Deynai refugii on every major Imperial world. As for the Magisters themselves: traditionally, all were orphans, taken in by the Order in their hundreds of thousands from all over the Imperium. Only one in every three hundred survives two decades of Aspirancy physically and mentally intact. The young age of aspirants is essential: only a child's body and psyche are malleable enough to survive the process. Today, most Deynai remain orphans raised by the Order, but some are the younger children of noble houses: offered at birth in hopes of winning the honor of having a Magister in the family, by parents willing to risk their child's all-but-certain death in exchange for a slim chance of prestige.

Economy: The Deynai Order has a nearly blank check on the immense resources of the Bahai'Shido faith. The treasure vaults of the Galactic Council of Justice bulge with donations and tithes from thousands of worlds, and with taxes from the handful of planets controlled directly by the Council itself. From this plenitude, the Deynai's requirements are fairly minor: each Magister receives a modest stipend, but nothing more. Deynai generally travel like any other Imperial citizen, booking passage on passenger ships or tramp freighters as they wander between war-torn and famine-stricken planets. They typically charge for their services in proportion to others' ability to pay: a penniless refugee will not be charged for first aid provided by a Magister, while a planetary governor seeking a prestigious tutor for his son can expect to spend a considerable amount. Bahai'Shido teaches that extremes of both wealth and poverty are blasphemous; accordingly, most Deynai live an itinerant but roughly middle-class lifestyle, and their decisions about when and how to require payment are aimed at making the rich poorer, and the poor richer.

Culture: The Deynai Order represents the highest aspirations of the Bahai'Shido faith. Magisters are taught to be deeply humane, broad-minded, and tolerant. The Three Onenesses - of God, religion, and humanity - require them to see all people and all faith traditions as equal, regardless of gender or class or subspecies. There is a deep strain of intellectual curiosity in Deynai traditions, based on the precept that each individual has a duty to seek truth independently; Deynai are particularly prized as linguists, since something about their autohypnotic conditioning gives them an extraordinary ability to learn and retain large numbers of languages. They spend much of their lives as teachers, healers, and diplomats, and are accordingly prized as tutors, negotiators, and physicians among the Imperial elite. They are, for the most part, mystics of a very practical kind: to a Deynai, God dwells in the inward fulfillment of good acts honorably performed. Meditation and prayer are guides to action and sources of strength, not ends in themselves. And as warriors, the Deynai exemplify the Eight Tenets: they neither seek out nor flee from combat, they fight only when it is consistent with conscience, they never break their word to those whom they have sworn to protect, and they kill with neither cruelty nor hesitation. Finally, their conditioning sets them apart, in certain subtle but profound ways, from ordinary humans: Deynai are capable of consciously choosing to "turn off" fear, pain, and hesitation. They experience the world, life, and their own psyches in a fundamentally different way, and their care for others is always tinged by an inescapable alienation.

Social Structure: Deynai are itinerant. They wander, essentially, in search of people in trouble. They may stay on a planet for a few months or a few years - running a medical clinic or school, tutoring a noble's child, brokering a truce in ethnic violence or labor unrest, protecting the poor from bandits or rapacious corporations. But when the immediate situation is resolved, they move on again: the 'Ahad is emphatic that a Magister cannot bind himself permanently to any home. Likewise, there are no Deynai children; while the Order permits love affairs, it forbids procreation, since a wandering Magister cannot adequately care for a child. When they receive the Kabuto Gift, Magisters are medically sterilized. Nor does any Deynai have contact with his or her parents: whether adopted as orphans or voluntarily given up in infancy, they never know the names that they were born with. Their only family is the Order. But the millions of employees of the Order - the deacons - live much more normal lives: they maintain the refugii and waystations across Imperial space that support Deynai operations, they try to keep up with the work that Magisters leave undone when they move on, and they have children and families. Deacons are respected members of their local Bahai'Shido communities, but they do not suffer the final loneliness of Deynai existence.

Territorial Size: The Deynai control the ancient, secretive tomb world of Laghaz, and no outsiders are permitted to trespass save by permission of the Order or the Emperor himself. The exceedingly high gravity and inadequate atmosphere of Laghaz are crucial to the conditioning of Deynai aspirants, and the Solarian ruins that cover the planet's surface hide many of the Order's ancient secrets. The Order also has a public, magnificent headquarters on the Bahai'Shido holy world of Mar Elyas. And the Order maintains refugii on almost every Imperial world, including the wild areas of the frontier. These are small compounds that offer lodging to Magisters who pass through, provide charitable services to the surrounding communities, and offer a line of communication to the Order for people seeking Deynai assistance. The modest refugius, usually in a working-class neighborhood or unstable region, is the only visible sign of the Deynai most Imperial citizens will ever encounter; famously, there is scarcely one Magister for every inhabited Imperial planet - "And Yet They Are Enough."

Military and Security Forces: The Deynai are a warrior order, and though they spend far more of their time teaching and healing than fighting, nevertheless it is their military exploits that have made them legendary. The Deynai emerged during the Shadow, and represented one of humanity's only successful military responses to the horror that poured out of the Magellanic Cloud. Every Deynai Aspirant endures brutal physical conditioning that leaves only one in three hundred alive, by which a child's body is molded by crushing gravity and toxic air and ritualized abuse into a living weapon; their strength and speed are matched only by Imperial Praetorians, and their grace and precision is unequalled by any. To these physical assets is added the autohypnotic conditioning that permits Deynai, through millennia-old rituals, to dissociate from fear, pain, or hesitation, and to focus with inhuman precision upon tiny details; it is said to be impossible to lie to a Deynai, because by choosing not to hear anything else, they can detect the slightest fluctuation of your heartbeat.

Finally, every Deynai receives the Kabuto Gift: a unique piece of archeotechnology found only on Laghaz, which operates as a combined shield and suspension generator of extraordinary power. It is implanted into every Magister at the back of the skull, and controlled directly by thought. Only aspirants with enough Solarian genetic material can interface successfully with the Gift; countless others, even after surviving decades of brutal conditioning, go mad and die during the implantation. But the benefits are great. So powerful is the Kabuto shield that it has been known to withstand brief exposure to orbital bombardment. The suspensor effect allows Deynai to take gravity lightly: they can run up walls, leap dozens of meters, and skim just above the ground at incredible speed for short distances. Because their shields allow them to shrug off even vast amounts of small-arms fire, Deynai typically use only the sword: each Magister wields a unique katana whose blade is actually made from a diamond matrix with a monomolecular edge that can cut through almost any known material. As light is refracted through the matrix, the blade often seems to glow softly; amid the Shadow, the Deynai were known as the "Blades of Moonlight." The Deynai way of the sword is a closely-kept secret of the Order in which every aspirant is exhaustively trained: it displays balletic grace, and is designed to be possible only for a fighter endowed with Deynai autohypnosis and the Kabuto Gift. In concert, a Magister's physical conditioning, autohypnotic techniques, Kabuto Gift, and skill with the sword make any Deynai a dangerous opponent indeed, and Imperial history is filled with tales - sometimes exaggerated, sometimes not - of a single Magister holding off whole battalions of crack troops.
Last edited by Reverend Norv on Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse