NATION

PASSWORD

Order of Thor GP Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Order of Thor Founder
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Order of Thor GP Thread

Postby Order of Thor Founder » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 pm

ORDER OF THOR
Order Discord

The Order of Thor is a brand-new defender organization. We're still working on getting off the ground, but our first operation is due in a few days. We're mostly made up of moderately experienced defenders. More information on us can be found on our Discord server, feel free to join it.

Members:
Thane the New Cordian Empire
Jarl Anishopolis
Hersir Holiday Republic

Once we truly start doing operations, we'll be posting exciting Viking-themed reports, but for now, we'll just chill (don't worry, we brainwashed the Vikings not to raid, except for Fascists for obvious reasons :P).

We're still pretty noobish at this point so please don't make fun of us. There'll be a lot more here shortly.

Rank Structure Overview:
The Order is led by a Thane. They set policy and handle administrative tasks. They may also enter battle. There is only one Thane.

Below the Thane are the three Jarls (pronounced yarls). They are the main combat leaders and are very experienced warriors. They run the day-to-day operations of the Order.

Under the Jarls serve the Sturaesmen. These are members who fit the bill for the rank of Jarl but are not able to be promoted because there are three Jarls.

That is the command group, which handles administrative tasks such as promotion and leads troops into battle. Only the Thane may promote members into and through the command group. They may also create and run their own individual operations. Now, for the regular ranks:

On top of the regular ranks are the Hersir. These are experienced soldiers who assist the Jarls and Sturaesmen and are in training to take those roles. They may lead operations when supervised by a command officer.

They are followed by the Huskarls. They have some experience and leadership skill and are training to become Hersir. They do not lead operations yet.

Drengr are troops that have participated in many operations and have shown themselves to be valuable warriors.

Karls are troops that have finished their training but have yet to fully prove themselves in battle. Should they do well, promotion comes quickly.

Svein are trainees.
Last edited by Order of Thor Founder on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:19 pm

More fendas? :p
Good luck to you in your operations! Do you have an offsite forum?

EDIT: how come none of your members maintain a nation in the region?
Last edited by Comfed on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Order of Thor Founder
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Order of Thor Founder » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Comfed wrote:More fendas? :p
Good luck to you in your operations! Do you have an offsite forum?

EDIT: how come none of your members maintain a nation in the region?

We don't need an offsite forum, we utilize Google Forms and Discord. We have no people in the region itself because we feel it isn't necessary. We don't want a WA presence, so we let people have nations wherever they like, as long as they follow orders and meet our activity requirements.

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Its always good to see new GP mil orgs coming up! Best of luck!
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:45 am

Order of Thor Founder wrote:Jarl Anishopolis

The same Anish that used to have a nation called "Fan of United Cities Of Dyna and TBH" (i.e. The Black Hawks) and got ejected from the WA twice in a week for plagiarism? Or is this a different Anish? :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Order of Thor Founder
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Order of Thor Founder » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:53 am

Tinhampton wrote:

The same Anish that used to have a nation called "Fan of United Cities Of Dyna and TBH" (i.e. The Black Hawks) and got ejected from the WA twice in a week for plagiarism? Or is this a different Anish? :P

I do hope that it's a different person, but considering that regardless they're members of TGW, I think they're fine.

Order of Thor Founder
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Order of Thor Founder » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:12 pm

Welp. Every time I try to get more active in NS, RL strikes. Since I'll no longer be available for most minors and nearly all majors for the foreseeable future, I'm going to have to shut this down.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:32 pm

Tinhampton wrote:

What difference does that make at all Tin? Is this the new bar? We're going to harass organizations, because they have a member who has been ejected from the WA?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Hyperpolis
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperpolis » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:22 am

Tinhampton wrote:

Its the same one

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay