NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming; 2020 thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

[R] Flaming; 2020 thread

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Nejii wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Well, first of all, not sure if you've noticed, there are more white folks than black in America, hence why the latter group is often called a "minority" group. Per capita the arrest rates, stop rates, and murder rates (from police) are less friendly to that conclusion you've posited. Secondly, "white people are also getting brutalized by police" is a weak counterargument to police reform, if you'd even consider one at all. Thirdly, you have no statistics to back up your claim that African Americans are more likely to resist arrest so I will carefully put that into the "yikes" column.

That is a fun fact! That doesn't change the fact that the police shot an autistic teenager for failing to comply with directions, because they're autistic! But go off, you're really wrecking us with your facts and logic!!

“Yikes column”? Snowflake alert.

No facts? Watch videos. Read non-biased news articles. That’s all I have to say on that.

pretty sure calling other posters snowflakes is frowned upon
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:18 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Nejii wrote:
“Yikes column”? Snowflake alert.

No facts? Watch videos. Read non-biased news articles. That’s all I have to say on that.

Yes, believe it or not, it is generally considered "bad" to imply that black people are more violent and more non-compliant than white people without any supporting information.

Delicious, a non-response. A little too salty, though.

Baiting. Emphasis mine.

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Estanglia wrote:
Joe Biden, who would probably sit comfortably in the centre/centre-right if he was a European politician, is totally a Trojan horse for the radical Left.

Either this "radical Left" is big braining so damn hard right now that they've somehow turned the centre into a Trojan horse for the "radical Left" whilst being so invisible you'd need to squint through a microscope to see it, or Biden isn't a Trojan horse for the radical Left.

Fortunately, Trump isn't smart enough to not to say the quiet part loud.

Which also means that someone smarter than him had to come up with the strategy because it's not bad.

The tact the Trump campaign is using is to accuse Biden of holding a wish list of progressive voter policies that Biden vocally ran against in the primaries. For his Trump's low information lap dogs, they get fired up...they gotta stop the communist march on Washington that will make them be friends with black people and gay marry their pets.

On the other hand, he has to force Biden to repeatedly deny that he's going to do things that we want, like universal health care or radically restructure policing etc. so that any disenfranchised Warren or Sanders supporter is reminded about why they were upset at the outcome and don't decide to show up for Biden.

He rallies his base and suppresses enthusiasm from his opponent and all he has to do is keep lying about what Biden is proposing. And since Trump is the kind of person who lies about the weather on camera and things like how much golf he plays, the fact that he's just out and out lying doesn't matter, it's not 'man bites dog.'

You can tell as Trump gave up the game during the debates. Every time he made up a progressive proposal that Biden didn't adopt and Biden said, "No, that's not my policy" Trump would bloviate "You just lost the left vote. You just lost the left vote." Which, of course, advertises what was doing when otherwise it would just look like Trump doing his regular ass loose association with the truth routine.

As the literal target for that, someone who has only voted for a major party once when I was 18, who very much did want Sanders or Warren...nah. Trump has demonstrated that he is enough of a disaster that I want it to be clear that I am specifically voting him the fuck out of office. I don't want my usual third party vote to be misinterpreted, and this year is not the Green Party's year to get that 5%. I'm voting Biden and he can take that bit of manipulation and shove straight up his ass. I haven't gotten my ballot yet, I don't know how many Green candidates are down ballot, my vote matters more to them and the party anyway.

Trolling. Emphasis mine.

Sanghyeok wrote:Oh dear. How will he react? Will he even recover? Will he try to spend an entire day under a UV lamp, to 'cure' himself from coronavirus? Stay tuned for the next episode of My Little President Can't Be This Stupid!

Gloating? Emphasis theirs.
Last edited by Glorious Hong Kong on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:49 am

Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:38 am

Second opinion. It’s clear I’m not calling all of Trump’s supporters ‘low information’ and there are in fact low information voters. That’s a stretch to consider that flame baiting. I’m not referring to anyone on the forum.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:13 am

Is this sort of thing okay?

viewtopic.php?p=37721449#p37721449
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:01 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Second opinion. It’s clear I’m not calling all of Trump’s supporters ‘low information’ and there are in fact low information voters. That’s a stretch to consider that flame baiting. I’m not referring to anyone on the forum.

First, you were warned for trolling, not flamebait. Second, the ruling stands.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:13 am

New Visayan Islands wrote:Thanks for the snacks!

Thanks Vis! *Leaves Mid-Autumn Festival mooncakes*
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:29 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Imperialisium wrote:
Eh well the world is shades of gray. Trump may have done bad. But he’s also done good. Such as volunteering his private jet years ago so a boy could get a life saving surgery when his parents couldn’t afford the plane ticket. Or when he loaned money to a bunch of people who were struggling with their mortgages and never took a penny in repayment. Just tore up the contract and told them to enjoy their mortgage free homes.

One can always use greater humility. But probably the greatest sign of maturity is realizing the world isn’t so black and white. Something both political parties in America could do well to learn.

Literally what the fuck is this? Like, what the fuck am I reading?

Donald Trump has spent his entire life screwing people over and deliberately letting them suffer and die just to enrich himself. He doesn't fucking care. I genuinely--genuinely--do not fucking care if he donated to charity one time or rescued a kitten from a tree another time. Doing a few cookie-cutter good deeds doesn't make up for all the scummy things he's done. No, the world isn't black and white, but some people do in fact fit into the categories of "good" and "evil". Trump falls into the latter. He has disrespected dead soldiers (including Biden's own son to his face during the debate), he has endorsed and defend white supremacists and other racists, he continues to praise and do business with Xi Jinping and the Chinese Communist Party--who use slave labor and Orwellian-style authoritarianism to control their people and are currently orchestrating genocide--while trying to convince people he actually opposes them, he downplayed a deadly virus for months and has done nothing to control it's spread resulting in the deaths of 200,000 people which experts say is twice the number it could have been if he had actually done something not to mention the fact he's been trying to suppress information on it that contradicts his absurd claims, he has been sued multiple times on multiple accounts for discriminating against his black employees and customers (which shouldn't come as any surprise to the son of a KKK member), he's been dodging taxes for years, he has several ongoing legal cases against him in the State of New York, he has several ongoing rape allegations including the very real possibility that he has sexually molested young adolescent young girls and a history of gross and disgusting sexist and perverse comments toward women and girls including his fucking daughter, he has openly told his supporters to commit voter intimidation and fraud as he tries to find ways to rig the election, he's take a whole year's worth of vacations to his private golf courses and hotels and even charges the Secret Service to stay there so all the taxpayer money he gets as a paycheck and funds the USSS ends up going into his own bank account... bro, I could honestly go on. There's so many horrible things he has done or has been accused of that there's simply no way he can be "morally gray".

In order to be "morally gray" your good and bad deeds have to be roughly equal. Trump's bad deeds heavily outweigh his good ones, to the point they've completely broken the scale used to weigh them. A bad guy doing good things once and a while doesn't make him any less of a bad guy. Trump is, simply, evil. The vast majority of his actions and words have shown a callous disregard for human life and prosperity to the point of either complete disdain for other people or notions of superiority to others he views "beneath" him. It's not subjective to call him evil; it's what he is. He fits the definition--"profoundly immoral and wicked"--to a fucking T.

The world in general isn't black and white, no. But sometimes it can be, sometimes it is. Good v. Evil does very much exist. It is naive and ignorant to think that every single thing in the world is a simple matter of subjectivity. Orange Man Bad - it's that simple. This is the story the facts paint. Trump is evil. I don't use that word loosely; there are very few people I would apply that word to who still live. Trump is one of them. He has the power to do good or evil and he's chosen evil. He's chosen to enrich himself at the expense of others - that is, simply put, evil.

And I really don't want to hear any of this "both sides" bullshit.

Political nicknaming. Emphasis mine.

The Black Forrest wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Because the Trump presidency have been nothing but paragons of transparency and honesty, right? :roll:

I think the only reason this has gotten out is because Trump isn't at the helm anymore and whoever is in charge of information flow in the White House is sick of his shit, or like some people say, this is another one of Trump's big 6D chess moves that'll pay off in the long run like denying Coronavirus was a serious issue and destroying foreign relations and not condemning extremism.

Nevermind that it was probably Trump's irresponsible, prideful denial of science that probably landed him in this shit to begin with, if it is true.

Karma is a bitch!

Gloating.
Last edited by Glorious Hong Kong on Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALL LIVES MATTER.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:58 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:[
quote="Trollzyn the Infinite";p="37723478"][quote="Imperialisium";p="37722635"]

Eh well the world is shades of gray. Trump may have done bad. But he’s also done good. Such as volunteering his private jet years ago so a boy could get a life saving surgery when his parents couldn’t afford the plane ticket. Or when he loaned money to a bunch of people who were struggling with their mortgages and never took a penny in repayment. Just tore up the contract and told them to enjoy their mortgage free homes.

One can always use greater humility. But probably the greatest sign of maturity is realizing the world isn’t so black and white. Something both political parties in America could do well to learn.[/quote]

Donald Trump has spent his entire life screwing people over and deliberately letting them suffer and die just to enrich himself. He doesn't fucking care. I genuinely--genuinely--do not fucking care if he donated to charity one time or rescued a kitten from a tree another time. Doing a few cookie-cutter good deeds doesn't make up for all the scummy things he's done. No, the world isn't black and white, but some people do in fact fit into the categories of "good" and "evil". Trump falls into the latter. He has disrespected dead soldiers (including Biden's own son to his face during the debate), he has endorsed and defend white supremacists and other racists, he continues to praise and do business with Xi Jinping and the Chinese Communist Party--who use slave labor and Orwellian-style authoritarianism to control their people and are currently orchestrating genocide--while trying to convince people he actually opposes them, he downplayed a deadly virus for months and has done nothing to control it's spread resulting in the deaths of 200,000 people which experts say is twice the number it could have been if he had actually done something not to mention the fact he's been trying to suppress information on it that contradicts his absurd claims, he has been sued multiple times on multiple accounts for discriminating against his black employees and customers (which shouldn't come as any surprise to the son of a KKK member), he's been dodging taxes for years, he has several ongoing legal cases against him in the State of New York, he has several ongoing rape allegations including the very real possibility that he has sexually molested young adolescent young girls and a history of gross and disgusting sexist and perverse comments toward women and girls including his fucking daughter, he has openly told his supporters to commit voter intimidation and fraud as he tries to find ways to rig the election, he's take a whole year's worth of vacations to his private golf courses and hotels and even charges the Secret Service to stay there so all the taxpayer money he gets as a paycheck and funds the USSS ends up going into his own bank account... bro, I could honestly go on. There's so many horrible things he has done or has been accused of that there's simply no way he can be "morally gray".

In order to be "morally gray" your good and bad deeds have to be roughly equal. Trump's bad deeds heavily outweigh his good ones, to the point they've completely broken the scale used to weigh them. A bad guy doing good things once and a while doesn't make him any less of a bad guy. Trump is, simply, evil. The vast majority of his actions and words have shown a callous disregard for human life and prosperity to the point of either complete disdain for other people or notions of superiority to others he views "beneath" him. It's not subjective to call him evil; it's what he is. He fits the definition--"profoundly immoral and wicked"--to a fucking T.

The world in general isn't black and white, no. But sometimes it can be, sometimes it is. Good v. Evil does very much exist. It is naive and ignorant to think that every single thing in the world is a simple matter of subjectivity. Orange Man Bad - it's that simple. This is the story the facts paint. Trump is evil. I don't use that word loosely; there are very few people I would apply that word to who still live. Trump is one of them. He has the power to do good or evil and he's chosen evil. He's chosen to enrich himself at the expense of others - that is, simply put, evil.

And I really don't want to hear any of this "both sides" bullshit.[/quote]

[quote="The Black Forrest";p="37724548"][quote="The Rich Port";p="37724543"]

Because the Trump presidency have been nothing but paragons of transparency and honesty, right? :roll:

I think the only reason this has gotten out is because Trump isn't at the helm anymore and whoever is in charge of information flow in the White House is sick of his shit, or like some people say, this is another one of Trump's big 6D chess moves that'll pay off in the long run like denying Coronavirus was a serious issue and destroying foreign relations and not condemning extremism.

Nevermind that it was probably Trump's irresponsible, prideful denial of science that probably landed him in this shit to begin with, if it is true.[/quote]

Karma is a bitch![/quote]

Gloating.
[/quote]

Addressed: viewtopic.php?p=37725697#p37725697

Thanks for the report.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:12 am

CoraSpia wrote:Is this sort of thing okay?

GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:44 am

CoraSpia wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Is this sort of thing okay?

I'm going to say not actionable.

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:55 am

Jakker wrote:
Glorious Hong Kong wrote:[
quote="Trollzyn the Infinite";p="37723478"][quote="Imperialisium";p="37722635"]

One can always use greater humility. But probably the greatest sign of maturity is realizing the world isn’t so black and white. Something both political parties in America could do well to learn.[/quote]

And I really don't want to hear any of this "both sides" bullshit.[/quote]

[quote="The Black Forrest";p="37724548"][quote="The Rich Port";p="37724543"]

Nevermind that it was probably Trump's irresponsible, prideful denial of science that probably landed him in this shit to begin with, if it is true.[/quote]

Karma is a bitch![/quote]

Gloating.
[/quote][/quote]

Addressed: viewtopic.php?p=37725697#p37725697

Thanks for the report.[/quote]

Thanks Jakker! *Leaves mooncake*
ALL LIVES MATTER.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation