NATION

PASSWORD

Red Sands: The Libyan Campaign (MT/OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Red Sands: The Libyan Campaign (MT/OPEN)

Postby Langenia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:12 am

Ever since the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi, war has raged in Libya. The military, democrats, jihadists, and ISIS all fight one another for control of the country...and its precious oil reserves. In an attempt at peace, the military-dominated House of Representatives (HoR), Chad, the United Arab Emirates and Jordan all sent delegations to Tripoli to discuss peace talks between the democratic Government of National Accord (GNA), and the HoR, dominated by Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar, who still hopes to unite the country under his rule. However, the talks were secretly a ruse by Haftar to get rid of his political enemies. He ordered an airstrike on the building where they were staying in Tripoli, and unknowingly also killed the members of the Chadian, Emirati, and Jordanian delegations, who were staying in the same building. These countries were furious, and cut off their support for Haftar. Chad became neutral, while the UAE and Jordan took a step further and started supporting Haftar's GNA enemies. Israel cut off support to Haftar in solidarity with its new friend the UAE, and became neutral. Italy, seeing that none of its allies supported Haftar anymore, cut off diplomatic aid. The US, a country which had harbored Haftar during the days of Gaddafi and given him citizenship, revoked his citizenship and declared him a persona non grata. Ever since Haftar secured Russian support, the US had grown increasingly nervous that they were losing their Libyan allies, and now they had an excuse to get rid of him. Even worse for him, the pro-Gaddafi militias fighting on his side simply gave an excuse to fight against him. The US-led anti-ISIS/ISIL coalition consisting of the US, UK, France, and Italy now declared that they were in support of the GNA and against Haftar. They were joined by the same NATO countries that had overthrown Gaddafi: Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Denmark, Greece, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Spain, and Turkey. The UAE, Jordan, Qatar, and Sweden declared their support. Now, Haftar has to find new allies. He still has friends in Russian and Sudan. He has made alliances with Belarus, China, Iran, and Langenia. Now, how will the civil war in Libya change? What will happen next? (This takes place during the Osean-Joyean War)

Rules
-No godmodding.
-No one liners. Put some effort into your posts.
-Modern tech only
-Have fun!
Last edited by Langenia on Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Lacienia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Entry?

Postby Lacienia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:18 pm

I am automatically entered right? I am in the Osean-Joyean War.
Last edited by Lacienia on Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My nation does, with the exception of random policies, represent my OOC views.
Founder of CUSP | Join CUSP Today!
Breaking News: High Consul Andrews shot. Condition uncertain.

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.
I have done a lot of worldbuilding. I am bringing it in very slowly.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Lacienia wrote:I am automatically entered right? I am in the Osean-Joyean War.

ooc: Yes, you are. I have to ask Joyea if everyone enters or if it's just for players in the Osean-Joyean War.
LANGENIA
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.

The united American-Isreali empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:08 pm

ooc:may i join?

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:21 pm

The united American-Isreali empire wrote:ooc:may i join?

I'll answer this when Joyea answers my question.
Edit: Are you gonna fight as Muckwater, like you did in Syria?
Last edited by Langenia on Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LANGENIA

Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Langenia wrote:
The united American-Isreali empire wrote:ooc:may i join?

yes going to make a fresh force for it. id like to try again to win.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:29 pm

The united American-Isreali empire wrote:
Langenia wrote:

yes going to make a fresh force for it. id like to try again to win.

ooc: I think you can participate, because Joyea said that the Osean-Joyean War was closed except for the players of the Syria rp. You participated in the Syria rp, and this is a front of the Osean-Joyean War, so there is the answer to your question.
Last edited by Langenia on Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LANGENIA

Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Langenia wrote:
The united American-Isreali empire wrote:yes going to make a fresh force for it. id like to try again to win.

ooc: I think you can participate, because Joyea said that the Osean-Joyean War was closed except for the players of the Syria rp. You participated in the Syria rp, and this is a front of the Osean-Joyean War, so there is the answer to your question.

yaaaayyy!!! im excited i will make a task force ready, is there any troop cap?

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:26 am

The united American-Isreali empire wrote:
Langenia wrote:

yaaaayyy!!! im excited i will make a task force ready, is there any troop cap?

ooc: no troop caps at all ;)
Edit: Libya rp is open to everyone!
Last edited by Langenia on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
LANGENIA

United Osean States
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby United Osean States » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:04 pm

OOC: I may join you all late.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:27 pm

United Osean States wrote:OOC: I may join you all late.

ooc: You can join us. To join all you need is to start rping. This goes for all that want to join this thread.
LANGENIA

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:49 pm

Mind If I join? I could play as the United States?
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

New Ostrova
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ostrova » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Министерство иностранных дел Новый Острoва
The Foreign Ministry of New Ostrova

New Ostrova seeks to enter the conflict as an arms dealer,with a position of neutrality between the warring parties . We are offering sales of advanced weapons to both the aggressors and defenders . Sales include fourth generation+ fighters,small frigates,missile systems,main battle tanks,and cruisers are all prepared for sale,with discounts on larger orders . Новый РосИнд Конгломерат New RosInd Conglomerate and 태성 산업 Taesung Industries in particular have fast manufacturing times,and can deliver on some orders within 2 months .
Gold is Power
Taxation is Theft
Property is Freedom
Market Capitalization is Strength
Greed is Good
Anarchocapitalist is Future

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:35 pm

New Ostrova wrote:Министерство иностранных дел Новый Острoва
The Foreign Ministry of New Ostrova

New Ostrova seeks to enter the conflict as an arms dealer,with a position of neutrality between the warring parties . We are offering sales of advanced weapons to both the aggressors and defenders . Sales include fourth generation+ fighters,small frigates,missile systems,main battle tanks,and cruisers are all prepared for sale,with discounts on larger orders . Новый РосИнд Конгломерат New RosInd Conglomerate and 태성 산업 Taesung Industries in particular have fast manufacturing times,and can deliver on some orders within 2 months .

This is a good idea.
American Pere Housh wrote:Mind If I join? I could play as the United States?

ooc: Yes. Everyone that joins just has to start rping.
LANGENIA

New Ostrova
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ostrova » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:02 pm

New RosInd Conglomerate is offering 10 domestic-produced Su-33 fighters for only 10 billion New Rubyen (1 billion US) .
Gold is Power
Taxation is Theft
Property is Freedom
Market Capitalization is Strength
Greed is Good
Anarchocapitalist is Future

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:04 pm

White House
Washington DC

President Donald Trump is talking with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about what is happening in Libya with the President speaking first, "Mike,I'm in the middle of an election campaign against Sleepy Joe Biden and this happens. Any ideas about what we can do without getting directly involved?"

Mike answered the question, "Well Mr. President, we could move a carrier battle group into position off the coast of Libya to show the world that United States is watching."

The President nods his head,"Great Idea Mike get it Done."

200 miles west of the Strait of Gilbraltar
Abraham Lincoln Carrier Battlegroup

The Rear Admiral in charge of this battlegroup just received orders to head towards the Libyan coast. He issued out orders to all ships in the battlegroup to begin a speed run to the Libyan coast. All ships moved towards the Strait at full speed.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Peoples Republic of Joyea
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Joyean forces have been loaded onto their transport ships from Ardbridge and Bataksa to be sent to Libya to assist Haftar's forces in taking over the country. We have a few warships in the area along with a single aircraft carrier. Our ship and aircraft have been firing missiles on GNA positions. We have used Hells Gate in Syria to send supplies to HoR forces. The first Joyean troops are to arrive in 3 days.

OOC: Sorry for the short post!
I adhere to some NS stats not all
Incumbent General Secretary: Wann Khaoma
Incumbent Party Chairman: Nguyễn Nam Sơn
Incumbent Parliament Speaker: Chen Reasmey
Incumbent Chief Justice of the Peoples Superior Court: Tống Duy Hải

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:05 pm

Langenia wrote:
Lacienia wrote:I am automatically entered right? I am in the Osean-Joyean War.

ooc: Yes, you are. I have to ask Joyea if everyone enters or if it's just for players in the Osean-Joyean War.

I was actually part of the Osean Josean war but never actually did anything. So technically I am eligible

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:49 am

Langenian military forces in Europe are being beefed up in preparation for an intervention in the North African country. Also, a message has been sent to the Muckwater private military contractors, asking for them to contribute forces to a Langenian intervention in Libya and promising equipment and money to carry out this operation. Langenian drones have begun conducting recon flights over Libya. Already special forces are secretly on the ground, scouting for possible strategic locations to deploy the troops...
(OOC: Sorry for the short post.)
Last edited by Langenia on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
LANGENIA

Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:20 pm

The first troops arrived a few days ago in Tobruk and have met up with Libyan National Army Forces to coordinate strikes against GNC forces. We have put General Nikolai Krasinski in charge of our forces he is going to meet up with Haftar himself to discuss and alliance. General Krasinski is a former member of the Council of Sovereigns (the Joyean military council) and a former member of the Supreme Peoples Parliament. 1We have set up coastal artillery along the coast of Tobruk. The Joyean Navy has patrols flying over Tobruk and the surrounding area. Anti aircraft missiles and guns have been set up throughout the city to help defend the city.
OOC: Sorry for the short post (again)!

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:16 pm

Following the usual Lacienian military doctrine, special forces teams were sent dropped into the HoR dominated oilfields. These operatives. soon had snuck up the stairs to the command center and within three seconds breached the room and shot the guards. Following their seizure of the oilfields, a few operatives were sent into Tobruk by truck. These agents were armed with silenced collapsable SMG's and silenced handguns. The objective of these men and women was to lay bombs down on the Joyean Artillery and AA emplacements. These agents were sent in independently. with their own targets and no knowledge of other agents.

Joyean AA Missile Emplacement
The Joyean soldier was bored as usual. He had joined the military after seeing the video clip of a Joyean police officer taking an entire squad of Lacienians down with him. The soldier was. honestly sad that he had been assigned the Libyan front rather than fighting to take back Joyea City. He however was woken from his half-sleep when a small ticking was heard and he picked up his rifle and rounded the corner expecting to see a lost watch. What met him was very, very different, a Lacienian agent hunched over a piece of C4. He raised his rifle to shoot but, before he knew it, his kneecaps were shot out and he fell to the ground. His final act was to press the panic button on his belt before anther bullet went through his skull and two minutes later his body was blown to pieces before the eyes of the arriving reinforcements.

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.

Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Ever since the attack on the AA missiles and first and so far only death of our troops we have heightened security in the city our troops have only been assisting with giving out humanitarian aid and preventing crime. We have sent in 6000 additional troops and 100 Black Berets, a special forces unit that specializes in black ops, infiltration, and sabotage. We may soon begin carrying out attacks against Government of National Accord and Lacienian forces. We have also brought in chemical weapons to be used against enemy forces. The agents include VX, phosgene, and Soman gas.

Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 am

OOC: Its been a while!

Joyean for have been moving out of Tobruk to other areas controlled by the HoR. We are also moving some of our naval assets along with about 3000 infantry to Benghazi.we have had other incidents in Tobruk of AA defenses being destroyed by Lacienian Agents killing about 6 Joyean soldiers and injured about 26. We have sent about 20 B-52s to Libya to bomb the hell out of the Lacienians and GNA forces.

Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:42 am

muckwater high command to Langenian military command (high encryption):

per request of forces we have retrained forces and are sending them your way under task force redemption. lead by the first syria corp it has pilots and crews ready to fly requested aircraft and some tacked on by muckwater. following is the task force: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1490505

please feel free to deploy them as you please. we plan on tacking on a extra 5,000 death corp forces for extra push if needed. in any case they are ready to deploy as you need them.
Last edited by The united American-Isreali empire on Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:17 pm

Skys Above Tobruk 2400, 20 H-9B Heavy Transport Planes

"Operation Flashpoint is go!" came a voice over the loudspeaker. That was immediately met by cheers from the soldiers, they could fight the Joyean menace. all that remained was a small wait. Twenty minutes later, the lights turned green and the cargo door opened. Across the planes, 5000 soldiers jumped out over Tobruk. Their drop was undetected thanks to the lack of AA equipment, the cover of night, and a diversion involving a few trucks being blown up. Thus it came as shock to the Joyeans when they found themselves in front of the 1000 soldiers who landed in the Port

OOC: Drop Zones are 250-oil storage, 250 Power-plant, 250-Pumping station, 1250-City hall, 1000-Port, 2000 Near the Joyean encampment.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents