NATION

PASSWORD

The Junishuan-Ojimese War [SIGN-UP]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Ojima
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

The Junishuan-Ojimese War [SIGN-UP]

Postby Ojima » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:26 am

Relations between Ojima and Junishu have broken down. Emperor Masamune, seeking to build an empire over the whole Pacific, attempted to diplomatically annex the Republic of Junishu, but the Junishuans have responded by expelling all Ojimese officials and imprisoning the Ojimese ambassador. The hostage situation has spiraled into war, and now the feared Dragon Fleet sails across the Southern Sea, ready for war. The Junishuans are gathering every man able to bear arms to defend their island home and calling upon all of their overseas allies, and throughout the islands the drums of war beat once more.

The Factions
Empire of Ojima
Ojima is a former colony of Japan, having gained its independence from the motherland in 1751 through force of arms. The Great Island quickly became a regional power in the Pacific, defending the Polynesian islands from Japanese expansion and becoming the mediator in all disputes. Recently, however, Ojimese exceptionalism has become popular thought among the upper class, and now Emperor Masamune, having conquered Nanjima ten-years prior, now seeks to expand his nation's borders across the South Pacific. In the minds of the Ojimese, their nation is the most civilized in their region and ought to be masters of the Pacific Ocean. Many nations would not have a vested interest in the victory of Ojima, but those nations are only a stumbling block to Ojima's destiny.

Republic of Junishu
Like Ojima, Junishu is also a former Japanese colony, but unlike their former allies the Junishuans formed a republican system. The Junishuans are slow to trust monarchies, so when the Ojimese came proposing that they form one Empire over the South Pacific the Junishuan government acted in the best interest of the nation and in the best interest of all of Polynesia and expelled the Ojimese diplomats and arrested the chief ambassador. Now the Imperialists are coming to take Junishu by force, and all that stands between them and regional conquest is an army built on common man's alliance. Whether the other nations will join their noble cause is yet to be seen.

Choose Your Side!
The fate of the South Pacific lies in this war. You can support either Ojima or Junishu by joining either as an allied nation or as an organization or individual interested in this conflict. Examples include "The Sultanate of Nekostan" for a state, "The Jurchen Riders" for a faction (a mercenary company in this case), or "John Doe" for and individual. The nations of Ojima and Junishu will be played by Ojima and Junishu respectively. We hope to see you on the battlefield. Good luck!
Last edited by Ojima on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Junishu
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Junishu » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:27 am

Obviously I'll be joining. BTW I hope your ready for a regiment of Maori warriors.
Last edited by Junishu on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am

I would like to join as a state, the Confederation of Atlantian Dominions (occupying the geographic space of the United States of America + Canada if you’d prefer to stick with Real Life Earth geography), who will intervene to defend their fellow democracy and ally Junishu against the imperialist Ojima. An unstated but equally compelling motive for Atlantian intervention on the side of Junishu is to weaken Ojima as a contender for regional power in the Pacific.
Last edited by Atlantian Dominions on Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederation of Atlantian Dominions
My nation can be referred to as "the Atlantian Dominions" or "Atlantia"
Continuity currently undergoing major reconstruction - please stand by

Ojima
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Atlantian Dominions wrote:I would like to join as a state, the Confederation of Atlantian Dominions (occupying the geographic space of the United States of America + Canada if you’d prefer to stick with Real Life Earth geography), who will intervene to defend their fellow democracy and ally Junishu against the imperialist Ojima. An unstated but equally compelling motive for Atlantian intervention on the side of Junishu is to weaken Ojima as a contender for regional power in the Pacific.

Before I say anything else, would you be able to RP as either Canada or the US? That's an awful lot of manpower to be able to throw at low-population density nation.

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Ojima wrote:Before I say anything else, would you be able to RP as either Canada or the US? That's an awful lot of manpower to be able to throw at low-population density nation.

While it is a population-dense territory, my IC military would not be wholly reflective of that. It would be closer to the US military of the time: a decent sized Navy and a small Army supplemented with volunteers. I don’t intend to bring a massive force to bear.

But I’m happy to reduce down to just the territory of the 48 continental United States, and if possible I’d like to own the islands of Hawaii, Samoa, and Guam as well, to establish that my nation has a Pacific presence and interests that merit getting involved in the war.

Tewahedo Sumatra
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tewahedo Sumatra » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi. I'd like to join as the island of Sumatra.

Ojima
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:43 am

Tewahedo Sumatra wrote:Hi. I'd like to join as the island of Sumatra.

Approved! Who will you be supporting?

Tewahedo Sumatra
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tewahedo Sumatra » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:46 am

Ojima wrote:Approved! Who will you be supporting?

Sumatra will be supporting Ojima. In my notes, Sumatra is ruled by a monarchy, therefore it's likely that the Sumatrans would have some kind of diplomatic or marriage ties to Ojima.

Ojima
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:52 pm

THE WAR BEGINS SEPTEMBER 25th.

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Atlantian Dominions wrote:But I’m happy to reduce down to just the territory of the 48 continental United States, and if possible I’d like to own the islands of Hawaii, Samoa, and Guam as well, to establish that my nation has a Pacific presence and interests that merit getting involved in the war.

Ojima wrote:THE WAR BEGINS SEPTEMBER 25th.

For the sake of clarity, am I approved to join?

Ojima
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Atlantian Dominions wrote:For the sake of clarity, am I approved to join?

You're approved!
BTW in my original plan, Guam is a Japanese colony and Samoa is technically a sovereign nation, but Hawaii would've already been hosting (by force) a US navy base and still have a majority native population. That said, I can grant Hawaii as an Atlantian territory and Samoa as a territory in all but name.

Also, for clarification, would your capital be Atlanta, Georgia?

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Ojima wrote:You're approved!
BTW in my original plan, Guam is a Japanese colony and Samoa is technically a sovereign nation, but Hawaii would've already been hosting (by force) a US navy base and still have a majority native population. That said, I can grant Hawaii as an Atlantian territory and Samoa as a territory in all but name.

Also, for clarification, would your capital be Atlanta, Georgia?

Hawaii as a territory and Samoa as a technically independent put in reality puppet state works for me. The capital would be Cumberland, located on the site of IRL Philadelphia. The continent of North America would be either Atlantia or North Atlantia, so my nation name "Confederation of Atlantian Dominions" would be the replacement for the "United States of America."

Socratic Eutopia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Socratic Eutopia » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:54 am

Which nation is more known for the study of philosophy?
Modern-tech nation, originally based on Plato's The Republic but due to a coup is currently ruled by a Greek supremacist junta, not my views.

Ojima
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:04 am

Socratic Eutopia wrote:Which nation is more known for the study of philosophy?

You're a late comer, but if you're wanting to join now then I'd say that Ojima would be the better candidate, as the Ojimese are likely more homogenous than the Junishuans and thus have more time to study the classical philosophies.

Socratic Eutopia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Socratic Eutopia » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:08 am

Ojima wrote:
Socratic Eutopia wrote:Which nation is more known for the study of philosophy?

You're a late comer, but if you're wanting to join now then I'd say that Ojima would be the better candidate, as the Ojimese are likely more homogenous than the Junishuans and thus have more time to study the classical philosophies.

Socratic Eutopia will join on the side of Ojima
Modern-tech nation, originally based on Plato's The Republic but due to a coup is currently ruled by a Greek supremacist junta, not my views.

Ojima
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ojima » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:17 pm

THE WAR FOR THE PACIFIC BEGINS!

The official RP is now open! prepare your navy and infantry, and good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=491711

Last edited by Ojima on Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Socratic Eutopia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Socratic Eutopia » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Ojima wrote:

Can we use cavalry?

Junishu
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Junishu » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:10 pm

Socratic Eutopia wrote:
Ojima wrote:

Can we use cavalry?

I'm going to guess yes, because we were planning to give the South Island clans cavalry of their own.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents