NATION

PASSWORD

Revisiting the "Card Region" tag

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Revisiting the "Card Region" tag

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi everyone!

A while back I noticed discussion for a relatively easy addition to the game: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=457086

I noted that many people thought it was a decent idea, and the site staff (from what I assumed) seemed to think that adding this would not prove difficult by any means.

Unfortunately, however, there was not a consensus on how the card tag - despite cards now being a regular part of the game - could be added, and primarily for the following reason:

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Kuriko wrote:Was there any decision made on this?

I don't think we ever got around to discussing it.

The proposed tags all seem to point to nations rather than regions. Sure, you can have a puppet park full of card farmers, but is that something that really needs to attract other card traders? Even as an avid cards player, I'm just not seeing the added value here.

I agree that the idea for "card collector" tags was not a good idea after reading the thread. This is mainly due to the fact that the "puppet storage" tag already serves a similar purpose - as card farmers/collectors effectively rely on puppets anyway.

Therefore, I am proposing the following tag instead: Card Programs

Many regions in which I've seen, including The North Pacific, The East Pacific, 10000 Islands, and Lazarus, all have their own dedicated cards programs. This clearly means that they are going out of their way in order to draw in newer players into their regions using the incentive of cards.

Unlike the "card collector" tag, the "Card Programs" tag has a direct benefit for players all around NationStates in that, by searching for a region tagged as "Card Programs", that they'll immediately know that said region(s) are rewarding players who contribute to those regions with cards (through those card programs), therefore benefiting (both) the region - and the player who's working for the region - through card incentives.

(As a side note, Ballotonia himself has also supported the idea for regional card programs after being interviewed recently, so adding the "card programs" tag will only help to promote these programs for those who might not initially know about them - for the benefit of both parties involved.)

This is what I have to say on the matter, and hopefully this suggestion was a much better one than the previous :blush:
Last edited by Destructive Government Economic System on Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Full support as card programs conveys the idea that a region has a developed card program and this concrets it further into reality that cards are part of NS
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Evrigenis
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Evrigenis » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Unsurprisingly, I am in full support. The concept of a "International Artwork Program" is a much better delimiter between the regions that serve as silos for card farming and those that engage in the trade as a way to build communities. Thanks DGES for the idea, and thank you, moderators, for considering it!

Virgolia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Virgolia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:44 pm

I like this idea a lot! Full support.
Last edited by Virgolia on Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doge Land
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Doge Land » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Full support. This will definitely help regions stand out to new players.
this is a signature

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Support, just wondering, would "Cards Programs" be better though? :unsure:
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:46 pm

I don't see any downsides. Support.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Support as well. I think "Cards" or "Trading Cards" is better than "Cards Program", as different regions may approach cards in different ways. It's also more in line with other tags, e.g., "Security Council" rather than "Security Council Program".
Home of the WADP, Planet Eras, and the Constibillocode!
Join The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful!

Forum | Discord Chat | Citizenship | Executive Staff | North Pacific Army | World Assembly Ministry | Roleplay | Trading Cards | Handbook

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:37 am

Support!

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:20 am

The Northern Light wrote:Support as well. I think "Cards" or "Trading Cards" is better than "Cards Program", as different regions may approach cards in different ways. It's also more in line with other tags, e.g., "Security Council" rather than "Security Council Program".

Good point.

Tag added.

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:16 am

Luna Amore wrote:
The Northern Light wrote:Support as well. I think "Cards" or "Trading Cards" is better than "Cards Program", as different regions may approach cards in different ways. It's also more in line with other tags, e.g., "Security Council" rather than "Security Council Program".

Good point.

Tag added.

Tag applied~
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:20 am

Support? Don't mind if I do.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks for the addition!

The Ambassadors Reception
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ambassadors Reception » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Yay! New tag!

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:26 pm

Luna Amore wrote:

Good point.

Tag added.

You make it sound like it was not even hard to code in Luna, I don't know coding, but for a server like NS, I would think it would be at least a little hard...
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Thanks for the new tag!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical