NATION

PASSWORD

2065 Confederate States flag referendum

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

C.S. Flag Referendum, 2065

Type A
16%
Type B
13%
Type C
23%
Type D
13%
Type E
14%
Do use a separate national and foreign relations flag
9%
Do not use a separate national and foreign relations flag
11%

Total votes : 171

Broader Confederate States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

2065 Confederate States flag referendum

Postby Broader Confederate States » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:26 am

So, we're doing this again, not that long since the last one.

Congress has told us techies (greets to: 6581_sound_interface_device, razorblade, dixieland) to set up a website because they've noticed that nobody really likes the Bonnie Blue and especially the Stars and Bars. So they've been setting up to have a referendum for the flag. Nobody likes what was picked last time, so now we're going to try to find a better design.

So, Congress already has the designs lined up for us, so we can plug them in and our jobs will be easy. Hoorah.

Type A: Historical design
Image (a.1) Image (a.2) Image (a.3)
One of the three designs associated with the original 1860s Confederate States of America, only modified for the current count of States which have joined in the Confederacy.

Type B: United States inspired flags
Image (b.1) Image (b.2) Image (b.3)
Flags designed among the same principles as the United States' banner, with seven stripes for the seven original members and a canton featuring either the current state count in stars or in a Sun of Glory design with a single star with a point for each state.

Type C: Miscellaneous flags
Image (c.1) Image (c.2) Image (c.3)
Image (c.4) Image (c.5) Image (c.6)
All the designs we got that didn't fit in any of the other categories.

Type D: Unique flags
Image (d.1) Image (d.2) Image (d.3)
Flags that don't rely on well known Confederate imagery or purely geometric designs.

Type e: No change
Image (e.1)
No change. The Bonnie Blue Flag remains the official flag for both intra- and inter-national uses as decided on in the 2063 referendum.

By default, a vote for a type will count as t.1; to vote for t.n, reply to this post specifying the type and the variation number. If you have any comments or concerns, leave them in the forum so that the response to them is made public for anyone else coming by.

You have two votes for flag design types and one vote for the question of separating civic and foreign relations flags. The highest voted flag becomes the foreign relations flag, and the second highest becomes the civic flag, if the votes come in to separate the two; otherwise, the highest rated flag wins.

Thank you for taking the time to vote, and I hope to see your responses come in in a timely manner.
Last edited by Broader Confederate States on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
President: Phillip J. Morris | Location: Southern U.S., plus Puerto Rico and Alaska | Government Type: Confederation | Year: 2066 | Technology: Oil Crisis MT+ | OOC
haha аляска | Rewrite un-canned, expect it before 2021 March September 2030 maybe. | i honestly forgot basically every interaction i've had on these forums from before like july | We're proud to present...
Witty unattributed quote I'm using to pretend I'm more intelligent than I really am.
--proud to be anti-federalist--

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 pm

The Vexillological Community of Nacrad votes for design C.1
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:52 pm

Nacrad wrote:The Vexillological Community of Nacrad votes for design C.1

Thank you, we've got your vote in our systems.
President: Phillip J. Morris | Location: Southern U.S., plus Puerto Rico and Alaska | Government Type: Confederation | Year: 2066 | Technology: Oil Crisis MT+ | OOC
haha аляска | Rewrite un-canned, expect it before 2021 March September 2030 maybe. | i honestly forgot basically every interaction i've had on these forums from before like july | We're proud to present...
Witty unattributed quote I'm using to pretend I'm more intelligent than I really am.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 am

Code: Select all
!

We believe that the Confederate States of America should retain her canton, and the importance and beauty that it represents. That said, we find that Flag C-3 incorporates both the history of the Confederacy and a beautiful, simple symbol in the fly part of the flag. For that reason, we believe that C-3 is definitely the best choice for a PMT Southland.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 am

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Code: Select all
!

We believe that the Confederate States of America should retain her canton, and the importance and beauty that it represents. That said, we find that Flag C-3 incorporates both the history of the Confederacy and a beautiful, simple symbol in the fly part of the flag. For that reason, we believe that C-3 is definitely the best choice for a PMT Southland.

Your vote has been recorded.

The Supreme Vatican Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Vatican Caliphate » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:49 am

I like C2 and C3.

Free Indian States
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Indian States » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 pm

C3,4 for civic flag.
A1for foreign relations.
Last edited by Free Indian States on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Confederacy of Free Indian States, set in an alternate timeline in which India doesn't get colonised, is a regional union with member states enjoying a high level of autonomy.

--------------------

Lore being remade
24 Nov
Today we have no news. No really, us at the news studio have actually run out of things to report and absolutely nothing interesting seems to happen. We tried playing अंताक्षरी, but after singing every bollywood song in existence about 5 times over, we couldn't even pretend to be having fun. God help us.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:51 pm

Free Indian States wrote:C[3, 4] for civic flag.
A1for foreign relations.
The Supreme Vatican Caliphate wrote:I like C2 and C3.

Noted.
Last edited by Broader Confederate States on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Transeurasia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Transeurasia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:22 pm

The Eurasian Vexillological Studies Association shows approval for 2 options:
  • C.1 for a governmental/foreign relations flag
  • C.3 for a civil/national flag
EurasiaЕвразия欧亜ユーラシア
LIBERATE THE WORLD / DEMOCRACY AND PROSPERITY / FORGED BY MAN THEMSELF
Welcome to 2035. Tenth-light-speed spacecraft, overpopulation, abundance of resources, the tripolar cold war, and catgirls await.

ENN 欧亜囯家通訊社 Eurasian National News: S7 Airlines flight 661 makes emergency landing in Miiriney, RU after failed hijacking | CTVN 长春広播电視集団 Chángchūn Television Network: President Kuzma makes speech on plans for her 2nd term after re-election
MT-PMT gang
2k10s scenemo nation lol - honestly have no idea what to do with this anymore
NStats imprisoned on Proteus
trans rights! ♀ she/they
Background Music

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm

New Transeurasia wrote:The Eurasian Vexillological Studies Association shows approval for 2 options:
  • C.1 for a governmental/foreign relations flag
  • C.3 for a civil/national flag

Thanks, we've got your votes in.

Miranda-22
Secretary

Founded: Sep 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Miranda-22 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:26 pm

While Miranda Station would like to state that, as always, flags are a tool of the Man, man, and every real society doesn't need one, a poll of random drunkards in Bertie's bar showed an overall preference for B.1 and D.2, with B.1 as the "main" foreign flag, especially since none of our United States' successors really do Old Glory justice these days.
 ◅ MIRANDA-22 - TRY IT ALL YOU WANT, I AIN'T BUDGING. ▻ 

Current Vibe | space weed meme | Bert | Deputies | Miranda (Soon) | It be the Cap'n
❐ The product of abandonment and repurposement by certain less-than-savory parties, a lonely space station floats in the dredges of space, the product of rampant expansionism surpassing humanity's ability to comprehend what it has wrought.

❐ The Renaissance might be defined, but M22 isn't. Time to get going again.

❐ Kyu's FT settings: powered by nothing but filk songs, procrastination, and far, far, far too much caffeine.
Quartia and Karafuto wrote: Miranda-22, though it has a certain romanticism to it, is a highly cursed dystopia.

The Romanian Confederacy
Envoy

Founded: Aug 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romanian Confederacy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:29 pm

I'm going with C4
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets
Hyperpartisanship will be the downfall of civilized democratic society, it's already in progress as we speak, yet the people are too blinded by their hate to realize it.
As you can see, I am also a braindead piece of shit who can't do anything important and can't write lore at all whi abandons nations and leaves them to die out of pure fucking laziness, so please don't say that any post I make us remotely good at all.
Finish the post finish the post finish the post finish the postFinish the post finish the post finish the post finish the postFinish the post finish the post finish the post finish the post

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Use the banter from A1 and put it on C3
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:13 am

The Romanian Confederacy wrote:I'm going with C4

Noted. Interesting choice.

Free Ravensburg wrote:Use the banter from A1 and put it on C3

Banter? Do you mean canton? If so I can see if the sizes match up...

Miranda-22 wrote:While Miranda Station would like to state that, as always, flags are a tool of the Man, man, and every real society doesn't need one, a poll of random drunkards in Bertie's bar showed an overall preference for B.1 and D.2, with B.1 as the "main" foreign flag, especially since none of our United States' successors really do Old Glory justice these days.

Shame. We'll probably set up a month of rotating through the runners up before settling on the winning design, and I'll make sure to throw in B.1 since you've gone through the trouble of replying in the thread.

All three of your votes are counted, and thank you.

Gondwana island
Secretary

Founded: Oct 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gondwana island » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:27 am

I quite like C4 and b2
C4 for foreign relations flag
B2 for the civic flag
welcome to Gondwana island!
A land of Dinosaurs With GUNS

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:48 am

Gondwana island wrote:I quite like C4 and b2
C4 for foreign relations flag
B2 for the civic flag

Right, thanks.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:23 pm

the Council of Judges vote for Type A1
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:38 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:the Council of Judges vote for Type A1

We've got your vote counted.

Kashimura
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 pm

The Crown of Kashimura and the Yomese Empire officially casts its support for flags A1 and E1. Preferably, they would like to see E1 as the Civil flag and A1 as the International flag.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Currently operating WIP factbooks. ⚠️
This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.

Navy Hill
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Navy Hill » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:37 pm

I personally think D.2 Looks nice. Mostly due to the star aesthetic
Le Oberfrankreich de Marin
Fascist State
Proud Member of IODASPC
Propoganda Storefront

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Navy Hill wrote:I personally think D.2 Looks nice. Mostly due to the star aesthetic
Kashimura wrote:The Crown of Kashimura and the Yomese Empire officially casts its support for flags A1 and E1. Preferably, they would like to see E1 as the Civil flag and A1 as the International flag.

Both noted, and thank you.

Republica Federal de Catalunya
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:47 am

E1 is my preferred option.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:41 am

Republica Federal de Catalunya wrote:E1 is my preferred option.

Recorded.

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:06 pm

A1 is my standard choice, but with B2 in second by a slim margin. I'm also quite partial to having it the same since the bonnie blue has a lot of symbolism. If you do have a foreign relations flag, make it E1/the bonnie blue
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Spiritual Republic of Caryton wrote:A1 is my standard choice, but with B2 in second by a slim margin. I'm also quite partial to having it the same since the bonnie blue has a lot of symbolism. If you do have a foreign relations flag, make it E1/the bonnie blue

Fair points.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information