NATION

PASSWORD

Princeton under investigation by department of education

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

What do you think?

Princeton is a racist institution and therefore should not receive federal funding
40%
Princeton is not a racist institution
42%
Princeton is a racist institution but we should repeal title 9 and title 6.
7%
Other. (Please explain).
12%

Total votes : 43

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Princeton under investigation by department of education

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:34 am

Following a series of statements from faculty about how Princeton is a racist institution and how racism is embedded into their university, the department of education has opened an investigation into the university noting that racist education institutions are prohibited from receiving federal funding. They have requested that the faculty supply the evidence they used to reach this conclusion.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4764414 ... from_embed

I have to say it's pretty top-tier bantz from the administration here. Progressive faculty will either be forced to backpeddle and claim they were making it all up, or actively argue for they should lose their federal funding. Alternatively, they can argue that things like Title 9 and Title 6 should be repealed.

If this works it could form a new way for administration to crack down on progressive identity politics in institutions. I don't actually see a way out in terms of how they would argue this case.

They have also demanded that the university provide a list of names, contact details, and so on of all persons their university has discriminated against since 2013 and an estimation of the damage they did that person and what financial compensation would be appropriate, citing the faculties statements that "the universities racism does damage to minority students". Essentially forcing the university to either concede a lawsuit before it is even filed, or to provide a list with 0 names on it. If they try and be clever and argue "Literally all the minorities are damage from racism", the administration can note they are non-compliant and were asked for names, and that they do in fact have a database that tells them "All the minority students names", so they should put them on the list and assign a monetary compensation they think is appropriate to each one.

GZ guys, you won. The administration is taking you seriously about being a racist institution. They're going to stick up for the minorities you damaged and force you to compensate them.

Eventually this kind of tactic might make people realize hiring identity politics types is a liability.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:50 am, edited 13 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Loben III
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:42 am

This should be entertaining,
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:48 am

Loben III wrote:This should be entertaining,

What do you think they'll go with? I personally expect they'll be non-compliant and just shout endlessly, repeat their nonsense talking points, lash out at Trump and "fascism" and so on. Non-compliance is really their only way to save face here and they can go around pretending the administration cracked down (And probably arrested some faculty for ignoring subpoenas) on them for doing nothing wrong.

If they comply with the investigation, they're completely fucked. Either they have to say they were making it all up and princeton isn't racist, or they have to shell out millions and millions in compensation and lose their federal funding.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Loben III
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:00 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

What do you think they'll go with? I personally expect they'll be non-compliant and just shout endlessly, repeat their nonsense talking points, lash out at Trump and "fascism" and so on. Non-compliance is really their only way to save face here and they can go around pretending the administration cracked down (And probably arrested some faculty for ignoring subpoenas) on them for doing nothing wrong.

If they comply with the investigation, they're completely fucked. Either they have to say they were making it all up and princeton isn't racist, or they have to shell out millions and millions in compensation and lose their federal funding.

If they are smart about their public image they will comply
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:04 am

Loben III wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

I disagree. Compliance means the end of them one way or the other. By ignoring reality and just retreating into spouting their ideological talking points while not complying with the investigation they will be able to still be seen as "The good guys" by their fellow ideologues.

Their public image is already tarnished by everyone who opposes their ideology and fellow ideologues are the only supporters they have left. But if they comply it will be the end of them, either because they will need to deny the university is racist, or fork out millions of dollars in compensation and bankrupt their institution.
Ostro.MOV

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:44 am

https://www.deccanherald.com/internatio ... 89267.html

Princeton University suffers from systemic racism...against whites, Asians, and Jews (who are by and large considered white). Racist universities that teach progressive bigotry should be defunded. It is time for whites and Asians to demand equality and racial redress for all students, not just blacks and Hispanics. Asian Lives Matter. All Lives Matter. The same goes for male students whose due process rights are under sustained assault from the woke establishment. Men's Lives Matter.

KAG. Four More Years.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:44 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Loben III wrote:

I disagree. Compliance means the end of them one way or the other. By ignoring reality and just retreating into spouting their ideological talking points while not complying with the investigation they will be able to still be seen as "The good guys" by their fellow ideologues.

Their public image is already tarnished by everyone who opposes their ideology and fellow ideologues are the only supporters they have left. But if they comply it will be the end of them, either because they will need to deny the university is racist, or fork out millions of dollars in compensation and bankrupt their institution.

I see you endorse "deplatforming" now. They defend their pedestal or they get toppled.

I'm still on the fence about this. Better place to be than on a platform or pedestal.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

I see you endorse "deplatforming" now. They defend their pedestal or they get toppled.

I'm still on the fence about this. Better place to be than on a platform or pedestal.

I'm in favor of deplatforming identity politics progressives and have been for a while.
Ostro.MOV

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:46 am

For you.

Others seeing your tag post will think "well this will be all shitposting until it gets locked"

You have prominence on this forum. It's time you lived up to it.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:56 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:https://www.deccanherald.com/international/world-news-politics/princeton-university-admitted-past-racism-now-it-is-under-investigation-889267.html

Princeton University suffers from systemic racism...against whites, Asians, and Jews (who are by and large considered white). Racist universities that teach progressive bigotry should be defunded. It is time for whites and Asians to demand equality and racial redress for all students, not just blacks and Hispanics. Asian Lives Matter. All Lives Matter. The same goes for male students whose due process rights are under sustained assault from the woke establishment. Men's Lives Matter.

KAG. Four More Years.

You were doing so well until you starting say "All Lives Matter" and then "KAG. Four More Years."

Never seen anyone lose my respect that fast.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:20 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

I'm in favor of deplatforming identity politics progressives and have been for a while.

You can't be in favor of deplatforming without being in favor of all its forms.
It is a tactic in the wide battlefield of individual speech, in which speech is all free but some speech drowns out other speech.
The "platform" amplifies an individual's speech. And I will not renounce that old model of media, just yet.
"Pay to be amplified" is ancient. Pay to mute speech is modern, it's only possible because of the vast amount of speech used to "mute".

I'm in favor of bad eugenicists and anti-vaxxers being muted, but not by law. I'm still on the fence about private enterprise who have funded one voice to prominence, or universities who have given the platform of academic rank to one voice, muting them for economic or reputational reasons.

This is not an easy issue. So much attention has been paid to government extending its powers in recent decades. But I'm rather forgiving of government, I think they're just trying to keep their share of power. Non-government powers have increased, as private enterprise and the people have obtained more information, acted on it, and gained more power. Power is control: individual power is control over one's individual environment (which is a choice in itself: they can move, get new friends, change jobs). Private enterprise operates all across the range of inanimate things (the rocks of miner) to individual consumers, and on to government, and beyond. Private enterprise surpasses nations, paying tax where it suits them best, operating sweatshops where the labor is skilled but cheap, influencing and sometimes overthrowing governments. Well you can see what I consider the greatest threat to individual liberty: it's the faction who are winning and set to conquer all.

IT has given everyone new options to control their environment. It's rather pathetic that you and I, individuals, glory so much in having a small audience, and speak as though it matters at all what we say. We have a small platform. Neither you nor I are prominent. It's enough for us, but it's a tiny fraction of the power we have to speak.

So yeah. Use deplatforming to go at your enemies, fight right on the front line of three or four expansionist factions (the people, media, government, private enterprise) and pretend that "my enemy's enemy is my friend" because it suits your combative mood. But when it's all said and dead, neither you nor I will be on the winning side. It will be twenty years from now and the new rulers will be some late entrant with a well-thought-out (ie AI) solution satisfactory too all the battered survivors. We live in the information age, and speech weak in information ... is nothing but noise.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:29 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:https://www.deccanherald.com/international/world-news-politics/princeton-university-admitted-past-racism-now-it-is-under-investigation-889267.html

KAG. Four More Years.

Define systemic racism in this context. What acts of the university are considered racist against those groups?

>progressive bigotry

...K.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:32 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

It is a tactic in the wide battlefield of individual speech, in which speech is all free but some speech drowns out other speech.
The "platform" amplifies an individual's speech. And I will not renounce that old model of media, just yet.
"Pay to be amplified" is ancient. Pay to mute speech is modern, it's only possible because of the vast amount of speech used to "mute".

I'm in favor of bad eugenicists and anti-vaxxers being muted, but not by law. I'm still on the fence about private enterprise who have funded one voice to prominence, or universities who have given the platform of academic rank to one voice, muting them for economic or reputational reasons.

This is not an easy issue. So much attention has been paid to government extending its powers in recent decades. But I'm rather forgiving of government, I think they're just trying to keep their share of power. Non-government powers have increased, as private enterprise and the people have obtained more information, acted on it, and gained more power. Power is control: individual power is control over one's individual environment (which is a choice in itself: they can move, get new friends, change jobs). Private enterprise operates all across the range of inanimate things (the rocks of miner) to individual consumers, and on to government, and beyond. Private enterprise surpasses nations, paying tax where it suits them best, operating sweatshops where the labor is skilled but cheap, influencing and sometimes overthrowing governments. Well you can see what I consider the greatest threat to individual liberty: it's the faction who are winning and set to conquer all.

IT has given everyone new options to control their environment. It's rather pathetic that you and I, individuals, glory so much in having a small audience, and speak as though it matters at all what we say. We have a small platform. Neither you nor I are prominent. It's enough for us, but it's a tiny fraction of the power we have to speak.

So yeah. Use deplatforming to go at your enemies, fight right on the front line of three or four expansionist factions (the people, media, government, private enterprise) and pretend that "my enemy's enemy is my friend" because it suits your combative mood. But when it's all said and dead, neither you nor I will be on the winning side. It will be twenty years from now and the new rulers will be some late entrant with a well-thought-out (ie AI) solution satisfactory too all the battered survivors. We live in the information age, and speech weak in information ... is nothing but noise.

You seem to think that it's an all or nothing thing rather than a matter of pragmatism. Progressives are vastly overrepresented and have inundated society with their hatred and toxicity. We need a crackdown to redress this. I have no particular objection to them having platforms when they are monopolizing them less and when they are more suitably presented as what they are; a fringe group of hatemongers.

It is a corrective action I am proposing, not a perpetual policy. Think of it like anti-trust action. You can support anti-trust action without thinking all businesses must be totally atomized and destroyed because "If you support the principle you must support it in all instances regardless of context.".

Currently the progressive left is overrepresented by a massive amount and gatekeeping institutions, in addition their influence on society is harmful. It's time to break them up and reduce them to a statue more befitting them, namely 10% of the airtime and consideration and so on, 10% of the curriculum etc. Meanwhile the critics of progressive policy must have their views properly represented and acknowledged by these institutions as well.

Further, the laws and standards used to deplatform non-progressives being leveled at progressives for a change *would be* what you're advocating for by demanding it be consistent and applied everywhere.

For example, Frankie Boyle recently had a guest joke about killing white people on his programme. He wasn't punished, even by the BBC. Meanwhile, Dankulu goes to court for making a similar joke.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:34 am

Also it takes a special kind of victim complex to look at an article about the university looking to redress the balance between the Eurocentric way it teaches history and how history actually is and start screaming about how that's racist against white people.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:36 am

Vassenor wrote:Also it takes a special kind of victim complex to look at an article about the university looking to redress the balance between the Eurocentric way it teaches history and how history actually is and start screaming about how that's racist against white people.

It takes a special sort of victim complex to look at people discussing loneliness and how the dating scene is unfair to them and start screaming that they're actually misogynists. (Incels.).

This is a common tactic you guys use. Just because you are discussing something worth discussing it doesn't mean the manner in which you are doing so, the rhetoric you use, or the conclusions you reach are acceptable in polite society.

This is part of the reason people despise the progressive left and its stances on identity politics, they have poisoned the discussion of these topics and are preventing constructive discussion and solutions.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:36 am

Use to be jews were the excluded ones based on race, now its the Chinese and korean's.

Welcome to America, the country the preaches fairness to individuals, but never does it.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:42 am

Loben III wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

The public image of Princeton as a premiere Ivy League school with cutting edge STEM and medical research literally can not be tarnished due to it being several hundreds of years old. It will survive this scandal on sheer inertia alone. It is for similar reasons that UC Berkeley gets loads of interest and activity, something about having a lot of Nobel laureates is really appealing I guess.

It also won't go bankrupt, either, because the administration would be really stupid to drive one of their better universities to closure.
Last edited by Valrifell on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:44 am

Valrifell wrote:
Loben III wrote:

The public image of Princeton as a premiere Ivy League school with cutting edge STEM and medical research literally can not be tarnished due to it being several hundreds of years old. It will survive this scandal on sheer inertia alone. It is for similar reasons that UC Berkley gets loads of interest and activity, something about having a lot of Nobel laureates is really appealing I guess.

It also won't go bankrupt, either, because the administration would be really stupid to drive one of their better universities to closure.

But they're being insufficiently patriotic by admitting that the history of groups other than white people is worth studying.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:49 am

Vassenor wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
The public image of Princeton as a premiere Ivy League school with cutting edge STEM and medical research literally can not be tarnished due to it being several hundreds of years old. It will survive this scandal on sheer inertia alone. It is for similar reasons that UC Berkley gets loads of interest and activity, something about having a lot of Nobel laureates is really appealing I guess.

But they're being insufficiently patriotic by admitting that the history of groups other than white people is worth studying.

I just wish all this screaming at clouds wasn't so annoying to read.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

KAG. Four More Years.

You were doing so well until you starting say "All Lives Matter" and then "KAG. Four More Years."

Never seen anyone lose my respect that fast.

This
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 am

What an absolute brainlet move from Princeton, good lord. They played themselves.
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:02 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:What an absolute brainlet move from Princeton, good lord. They played themselves.

They have good mental gymnastics teams.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:04 am

This investigation should provide universities an opportunity to reform affirmative action. The best forms of AA to me are only two: Income and Location. Students from low-income families and from remote regions should be given a hand up in admission.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:16 am

I'm not understanding Request E, a convenient spreadsheet that lists anyone that was harmed due to race since 2013. It's not exactly like admissions or records' offices write notes that say "reason for rejection - race" on there. How is that enforceable? It would be impossible to know who was hypothetically negatively effected, even supposing that they would keep such records of events with all necessary contact information. Like, Princeton gets 35k+ admissions applications alone, I'm sure the total amount of paperwork the DoE is requesting they scour is far larger.

And again, there won't be a smoking gun because people don't openly reject applications and note that they were being racist about it. So I guess I'm just confused as to what anyone expects to find with this. They could easily turn up no names and get away with clarifying they are compliant with the specific provisions of the law and at the same time they were not misleading as their concerns are deeper than the letter of the law.

Request I is literally asking for names on who helped them write the letter, which I don't know but feels very skeevy. Gives me vague fears the government is going to try to force non-compliant academics out of academia, like they did in the Second Red Scare (F for Oppenheimer).

Anyway I don't think a letter from the President of Princeton warrented such a heavy-handed response in the first place, as it was essentially the run-of-the-mill "racism is bad and we here at [College] also think racism is bad and will fight it" message.
Last edited by Valrifell on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:11 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

You seem to think that it's an all or nothing thing rather than a matter of pragmatism.

Well if you think that, you read my post very badly. You missed essential elements regarding the contention between different kinds of knowledge power.

But that's OK. I have never trusted you ideologically. And I'm not fully across this 'information warfare' method, so I should probably keep my powder dry.

Progressives are vastly overrepresented and have inundated society with their hatred and toxicity.

Fancy that. Citizens with more information at their disposal, subjugating the plain thinkers and outright morons of society.

That is so unjust. You should start a movement of under-appreciated artists and drag-racers and dissident economists and unemployed whalers.

We need a crackdown to redress this. I have no particular objection to them having platforms when they are monopolizing them less and when they are more suitably presented as what they are; a fringe group of hatemongers.

Yeah, well, I'm a leftist too, but I do not dig going after specific corporations for platforming speech that you (or I) do not like.

Nationalize the bastards. Fuck yeah. But I am not convinced Facebook or Google are bastards. They're just heads of a Medusa industry that is competing for power, with traditional material-based industries, the really quite large service industries, and government.

Speaking for government, I want this weird new industry based on the trade of information, on my side. I'm not for a crackdown.

It is a corrective action I am proposing, not a perpetual policy. Think of it like anti-trust action. You can support anti-trust action without thinking all businesses must be totally atomized and destroyed because "If you support the principle you must support it in all instances regardless of context.".

You want to hold back the tide. Give everyone else time to come up with a strategy.

I can respect that. I have always respected the "don't do that yet, let's all talk it over" kind of Conservative.

Currently the progressive left is overrepresented by a massive amount and gatekeeping institutions, in addition their influence on society is harmful. It's time to break them up and reduce them to a statue more befitting them, namely 10% of the airtime and consideration and so on, 10% of the curriculum etc. Meanwhile the critics of progressive policy must have their views properly represented and acknowledged by these institutions as well.

No. You're getting your ass kicked in the information age, by "progressives" who had the foresight to get themselves into under-paid and obscure positions of <information> power. And now you're whining that ... let's be frank ... you're too young and have wasted the years of adulthood available to you. You didn't go to college. That's someone else's fault.

Pick a side already. I'm with government. Private (for-profit) enterprise is the strongest player, but they also have the most to lose from the <information> army. I'm with the side that will still be there at the end. I'm with the indispensables. I'm with government!

Further, the laws and standards used to deplatform non-progressives being leveled at progressives for a change *would be* what you're advocating for by demanding it be consistent and applied everywhere.

You estimated "progressives" as 10% up the post. Please explain how 10% got "laws" written in their favour.

For example, Frankie Boyle recently had a guest joke about killing white people on his programme. He wasn't punished, even by the BBC. Meanwhile, Dankulu goes to court for making a similar joke.

I seriously the fuck don't care. What the hell are you thinking, ending a post about an epochal change in society, with some trivia about comedians?

There was some serious stuff in your post though. You are somewhat aware of the gravity of free information as a social force. We live in interesting times!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General