NATION

PASSWORD

Why is the topmost political freedom ranking "Corrupted"?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Arkadianica
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Why is the topmost political freedom ranking "Corrupted"?

Postby Arkadianica » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:56 pm

This is something that bothered me. Aren't more political freedoms better? Are they suggesting that politicians are legally being corrupt?

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:58 pm

I'm pretty sure it's because people have so many freedoms that it's easy to exploit, meaning that there are more 'corrupt' people.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 am

No, more political freedoms are not always better, unless you think terrorism (or at least bribes) should be legal.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Political freedoms are disgusting. If you want to play NS right, your political freedoms should say “Outlawed”.

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Comfed wrote:Political freedoms are disgusting. If you want to play NS right, your political freedoms should say “Outlawed”.

*Nonexistent

Can we get negative political freedom NS?
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Comfed wrote:Political freedoms are disgusting. If you want to play NS right, your political freedoms should say “Outlawed”.

Support!
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Return to Gameplay