NATION

PASSWORD

Land of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC IV)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:45 pm

If Porter becomes the nominee, Colbert will attempt to organize conservatives who don't like Porter in a plan to stop his election. He would attempt to campaign only in states where the anti-Porter campaign has a realistic possibility of getting a plurality. His strategy would be to deny both Porter and the Democratic nominee 270 electoral votes and force a contingent election in the House.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:00 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:If Porter becomes the nominee, Colbert will attempt to organize conservatives who don't like Porter in a plan to stop his election. He would attempt to campaign only in states where the anti-Porter campaign has a realistic possibility of getting a plurality. His strategy would be to deny both Porter and the Democratic nominee 270 electoral votes and force a contingent election in the House.

As much as I love a good drama, I'd have no idea who'd win those Votes for President and Vice President, could be fun to RP a contingent election though, espically if we end up with a Spilt Pres/Veep combo

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:14 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:If Porter becomes the nominee, Colbert will attempt to organize conservatives who don't like Porter in a plan to stop his election. He would attempt to campaign only in states where the anti-Porter campaign has a realistic possibility of getting a plurality. His strategy would be to deny both Porter and the Democratic nominee 270 electoral votes and force a contingent election in the House.

The Dems are going to eat this chaos up, and get out the tar and feather

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:17 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:

As much as I love a good drama, I'd have no idea who'd win those Votes for President and Vice President, could be fun to RP a contingent election though, espically if we end up with a Spilt Pres/Veep combo

It will depend a lot on how the House elections turn out and what Republicans opinions are of Porter. It would be the top three candidates. Current House rules stipulate that a candidate would need a majority of a delegations votes for a state to be won. The rule could be modified if the House so desires.

Colbert would attempt to sell his independent candidate to moderate Democrats as a guarantee against four more years of Wolfist style division, if the majority of states have Republican led delegations.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:23 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:As much as I love a good drama, I'd have no idea who'd win those Votes for President and Vice President, could be fun to RP a contingent election though, espically if we end up with a Spilt Pres/Veep combo

It will depend a lot on how the House elections turn out and what Republicans opinions are of Porter. It would be the top three candidates. Current House rules stipulate that a candidate would need a majority of a delegations votes for a state to be won. The rule could be modified if the House so desires.

Colbert would attempt to sell his independent candidate to moderate Democrats as a guarantee against four more years of Wolfist style division, if the majority of states have Republican led delegations.

It's not House rules, its the 12th amendment that dictates how the Pres and Veep are elected if the electoral college doesn't elect them. Also, just read the 12th over and it turns out the House gets to pick from the top three Pres candidates but the Senate only gets to pick from the top 2 for the Veep election.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:33 pm

That attempt is gonna get as far as the Lincoln Project in actually swaying Republican voters. Which is to say completely ineffective
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:33 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:As much as I love a good drama, I'd have no idea who'd win those Votes for President and Vice President, could be fun to RP a contingent election though, espically if we end up with a Spilt Pres/Veep combo

Also, what states do you think would Colbert campaign in under this scenario?

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 pm

To be successful, Colbert would need to be on a 'unity' ticket.

Meaning he'd need a relatively palatable, well-known, and popular (or at least not hated) Democrat as his VP. Or else there's no way to get Democrats to abandon their nominee which if they don't, just hands the Dem the presidency.

Additionally, if the Dems nominate Dayton, I doubt there would be any high-profile Dems eager to be his VP. Now if the nominee is Murphy, the options for a unity ticket open up.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:32 pm

I think I'm going to end hypolites Q and A so he can get on with other things.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:32 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

To be successful, Colbert would need to be on a 'unity' ticket.

Meaning he'd need a relatively palatable, well-known, and popular (or at least not hated) Democrat as his VP. Or else there's no way to get Democrats to abandon their nominee which if they don't, just hands the Dem the presidency.

Additionally, if the Dems nominate Dayton, I doubt there would be any high-profile Dems eager to be his VP. Now if the nominee is Murphy, the options for a unity ticket open up.

I'd say Goldman, but she seems a bit too conservative too make it a "unity" ticket on anything other measures besides having a Republican and a Democrat, especially if the Dem nom is Murphy

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:06 pm

So...Carol Baskin was on Dancing with the Stars..
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:22 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:To be successful, Colbert would need to be on a 'unity' ticket.

I'd say Goldman, but she seems a bit too conservative too make it a "unity" ticket on anything other measures besides having a Republican and a Democrat, especially if the Dem nom is Murphy

That ticket isn't gonna go anywhere, Trump 2016 basically ran with 1/3rd of the GOP Senators denouncing him or refusing to endorse him and he won an insane amount of the GOP vote.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

That ticket isn't gonna go anywhere, Trump 2016 basically ran with 1/3rd of the GOP Senators denouncing him or refusing to endorse him and he won an insane amount of the GOP vote.

I mean, that's my assumption too, honestly, if Colbert actually does something like this, his best bet would be to try and put all his resources into Utah so if she were to win it's electoral votes Republicans in the House and Senate have an alternative to Porter. Otherwise, I just felt indulging in some speculation.

But ya, personally if Porter wins the primary, most Republican voters aren't going to give a shit if he's Porter because the majority of them voted for Porter to be the nom.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:10 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

That attempt is gonna get as far as the Lincoln Project in actually swaying Republican voters. Which is to say completely ineffective

Again, for the Dems it would be tar and feather time.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:48 am

if states voted based solely on the registration of parties and yes Democrats have a 10+ point lead in registration in Louisiana
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:51 am

Announcement

Hi everyone. Unfortunately today I got information from Sanabel that he has officially retired from the RP. He has been an amazing asset to the RP and more importantly a good friend to me. I know he wanted to step away from NationStates and focus on IRL stuff, so I wish him well with that. So with Vaq, Utt and Sanabel out, I guess it's my time to take over as OP. Dentali will be assuming my role as Head Administrator and Lozy will keep his role that he is currently in.

We'll also be looking to bring a couple new people on board, so keep an eye out for that!

Hope you have a great Wednesday friends!
- Meel xx
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:06 am

Well shit

I second in the wishing of Sanabel all the best with all the stuff their doing IRL. They've always been a great influence on the RP. Always easy to work with when it came to First Couple stuff or Nez bugging the shit out of Dietrich. Plus, definitely always a fun person to interact with with their friendliness and shitposting. Definitely will be missed. 10/10 OP.

And on that note, I'm just gonna ask if you guys have any idea as to who will take over our bedridden President until he either resigns, get couped, etc, etc, and the remaining 8 or so Months with Stage 4 Brain Cancer

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:58 am

New Cobastheia wrote:Well shit

I second in the wishing of Sanabel all the best with all the stuff their doing IRL. They've always been a great influence on the RP. Always easy to work with when it came to First Couple stuff or Nez bugging the shit out of Dietrich. Plus, definitely always a fun person to interact with with their friendliness and shitposting. Definitely will be missed. 10/10 OP.

And on that note, I'm just gonna ask if you guys have any idea as to who will take over our bedridden President until he either resigns, get couped, etc, etc, and the remaining 8 or so Months with Stage 4 Brain Cancer

Will TG you about it.
Marianne 2024:

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 am

New Cobastheia wrote:Well shit

I echo this sentiment.

Sana I/we miss you <3
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 am

Meelducan wrote:Announcement

Hi everyone. Unfortunately today I got information from Sanabel that he has officially retired from the RP. He has been an amazing asset to the RP and more importantly a good friend to me. I know he wanted to step away from NationStates and focus on IRL stuff, so I wish him well with that. So with Vaq, Utt and Sanabel out, I guess it's my time to take over as OP. Dentali will be assuming my role as Head Administrator and Lozy will keep his role that he is currently in.

We'll also be looking to bring a couple new people on board, so keep an eye out for that!

- Meel xx

Its is entirely possible that San and the others may come back in one way or another in the future especially when things in their personal/professional lives chill out a bit.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 am

- Meel xx

Good luck to San :hug:
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 am

- Meel xx

San :unsure: :unsure:

we'll miss you dearly

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:06 am

God I hope Lindsey Graham loses his seat.
Marianne 2024:

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:28 am

Bye san :hug:
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 am

- Meel xx

I'm sure all of us can agree: we'll miss him dearly. :hug:

Meelducan wrote:God I hope Lindsey Graham loses his seat.

He's within the margin of error at this point...
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse