NATION

PASSWORD

[Guide] Easter Egg Issues (Spoilers)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 am

Well
I can finally report a success on easter egg 80

fhluzlhan, after reviving its pizza industry from -6.0 to around 100, it has received, the issue.
the issues that revived pizza was get baked
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:32 am

Merconitonitopia wrote:
Land Without Shrimp wrote:Oh we have a new Easter Egg thread!! Not sure how I missed this one when created. Thanks for posting, definitely agree it's time for a new updated topic.

I'm slightly suspicious of Issue 223. I did CTE about 2 years ago...and still haven't gotten this issue. I'm going to put Zombie in pre-title and see if that does anything, although I'm pretty sure I've tried that before too and...nothing. Well, we shall see.

I've receive that egg on two nations (both of which had CTE'd) and neither had 'zombie' in the pretitle or any other field.

That makes sense with CTE being a trigger. I wish I knew for sure if "Zombie" in pretitle was also a trigger. I really don't want to CTE again just to try and get this one...

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Just a report — I just got "Suburbs Are Out of This World" with a Crime rate of 43.97 and a Scientific Advancement stat of 324.59. I did have the "Space Programme" policy.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:59 am

Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:Just a report — I just got "Suburbs Are Out of This World" with a Crime rate of 43.97 and a Scientific Advancement stat of 324.59. I did have the "Space Programme" policy.

thanks to my low crime and unwillingness to even have crime.. i say good bye to that egg.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:29 am

2 reports of easter egg 80

Raubhauznilhe, Bhanbuzrilhe.
Somehow, Raubhanaunilhe was just not lucky, since its pizza industry has survived. but Bhanbuzrilhe when as far down as -10,79 on 13 august 2020.
Bhanbuzrilhe has received the issues with less then 149.15 on Pepperoni Propulsion Productivity Index

other report. Globally. after all nations changed their animal to christmas bat, their motto to include Moo, NationStates, friendship, and include a color plus holy in their pretitle. only 16 easters egg on a total of 87 nations have yet to be found, (or 31 if we include holy, because I believe the youngest nations just do not quality for that one)

Nowa Europa
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 18, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nowa Europa » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:24 pm

Am I doing this right with the pre-title?

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:50 am

Nowa Europa wrote:Am I doing this right with the pre-title?

Yep.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Nowa Europa
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 18, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nowa Europa » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Nowa Europa wrote:Am I doing this right with the pre-title?

Yep.

I just got the Color easter egg, so that was definitely the case. Cool! :clap:

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:17 am

Maybe someone is right about the population critera, or partially right.
Nations in Green hills found less easter eggs then Nations in Jeinnhezslhaunia, or nations in Lunaria.
it might because nations in Green hills are much younger then others, and thus did not pass through the pool of issues, which reduce the chances of easter appearing.
talking about those.
Nations in Lunaria only need to find 3 easter eggs (excluding Cebhzna (too young)
nations in Jeinnhezslhaunia only need to find 5 easter eggs (excluding Lhraizshaurzria and Jhaulzbhia, who both found aliens)
and comparaison, Nations in Green hils still need to find 26 easter eggs. (this exclude former (olympics).) Since
so, yeah there has to be a link between etheir population / or issues answered, and easters egg.

not the numbers exclude easters egg 80 (linked to pizza) and 78 (has to be linked to population. considering it was found by all my olders nations and none of younger)

Kaeyoku
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaeyoku » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:51 pm

Drasnia wrote:WARNING: This thread contains many, many spoilers. Read at your own risk.

What is an Easter Egg?

An Easter Egg is a special type of issue that nations can only ever encounter once. They're meant to be jokes and references about NationStates that would otherwise not be suitable in a normal issue. They also often have strange and esoteric requirements before being able to receive it. Because of the requirements I just mentioned, it can be difficult to pin down exactly what triggers an Easter Egg. The explanations in this post are as accurate as we as a community have been able to determine, but please keep in mind that this post might not be 100% accurate.

It is advised that you wait until your nation has at least 1 billion population before hunting for Easter eggs. Many of these issues require changing customizable fields and as such smaller nations are often unable to meet the requirements. Furthermore, many of these issues also seem to have a population requirement somewhere around 1 billion, so even if you're able to fill in the fields correctly, you might still be too young to be eligible. This seems to be an intentional mechanic as it ensures only experienced players who can appreciate the content of the Easter eggs will receive them.

Good luck, Hunter.

#77: World To End, Or Possibly Just Mark Anniversary
Full Issue Text

#77 was written by Max Barry and automatically given to every nation on NS' one year anniversary - even to nations who were set to vacation mode. It was later turned into a regular Easter Egg.

Nations become eligible to receive #77 after they have found several other Easter eggs. Currently, the required minimum Easter eggs before #77 seems to be 3.

#78: Should We Pull The Lever? [Meddlers; ed: SalusaSecondus]
Full Issue Text

Nations become eligible to receive #78 if they have "Holy" in their pretitle.

#80: Aliens Wish Peace/Trade Agreement [Exiled; ed: SalusaSecondus]
Full Issue Text

Nations become eligible to receive #80 when they have either "Cow" as the national animal or "Moo" as the national motto.

#215: What's Your Favourite Colour? [Antioch and the East; ed: Sirocco]
Full Issue Text

Nations become eligible to receive #215 if they have a color in their pretitle. The list of colors that trigger #215 most likely includes all 11 options in the issue.

#223: Zombie Attack! [Naliitr; ed: Sirocco]
Full Issue Text

#223 seemingly has two separate ways to become eligible to receive it. The first is to have ceased to exist and then resurrect. The second is to have "Zombie" in you pretitle (and thus not requiring CTE'ing).

#256: Suburbs Are Out Of This World [Scolopendra; ed: Sirocco]
Full Issue Text

The requirements to receive #256 are still not entirely known. It most likely requires high crime rates, but also might require high scientific advancement or specific space program policies. Youth Rebelliousness does not trigger this issue.

#266: Breaching the Great Fourth Wall of @@NAME@@ [Reploid Productions; ed: Reploid Productions]
Full Issue Text

Nations become eligible to receive #266 if they have "Nationstates" in their motto.

#375: Keep Your Hands Off Those Lucky Charms! [Vile Island; ed: Sanctaria]
Full Issue Text

Nations have a chance to receive this easter egg during the month of March. Having "Gold" or "Golden" in your currency or "Lucky" in your motto may also be a requirement.

#408: Pony Peril [Sedgelight Sparkle; ed:Sedgistan]
Full Issue Text

#408 has an interesting story behind its validity. Currently, nations become eligible to receive it when they have "friendship" included in their motto.

#430: Please, Sir, We Want Some More Issues [Eta Carinae; ed: Luna Amore]
Full Issue Text

It is believed that the requirement for #430 is to have answered 250 or 300 issues and having your issue speed set to "No throttle."

#471: Red Sleigh Down [Nation of Quebec; ed: Sanctaria]
Full Issue Text

Nations become eligible to receive #471 during the month of December and when they have Christmas-related words in their pretitle or other customizable fields.

#622: A Holiday Masquerade [The Grim Reaper; ed:Lenyo]
Full Issue Text

Nations become eligible to receive #622 when their national animal is set to anything that contains any of several Halloween-themed creatures, such as monster, bat, vampire, zombie, or ghost. Creatures like wombat also work as it contains 'bat' within it.

#1122: Just Say No to E [Zwangzug; ed: Zwangzug]
Full Issue Text

Nations become eligible for #1222 when none of their customizable fields contain the letter 'e'.

I’m temporarily using “Nationstates” as the motto, now I’m eligible to get #266. All I have to do is play the waiting game until I get it and solve it, then I’ll revert to my OG motto, “We Will Endure”.
Signature Loading...
■■■[□□□□□□□□□□]
OH GOD IT'S IN THE NEGATIVES HELP-
I will collapse from flattery if you say anything positive about me

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:16 pm

try "NationStates", instead

Soviet Watermelon
Civilian

Founded: Mar 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Easter eggs

Postby Soviet Watermelon » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:37 am

Is it possible to be eligible for more than one Easter egg at a time.
Like if you had "Monster" as your animal and "Holy" and "Red" in your title.

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:52 am

Soviet Watermelon wrote:Is it possible to be eligible for more than one Easter egg at a time.
Yes, it's 100% possible to qualify for multiple Easter Eggs at once — in fact, that's generally the trick to it, qualifying for as many as you can at once. However, you can't always qualify for ALL of them, both because of potential character limits with your custom fields and some contradictory requirements (mainly with "Say No to E").
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:49 am

Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:
Soviet Watermelon wrote:Is it possible to be eligible for more than one Easter egg at a time.
Yes, it's 100% possible to qualify for multiple Easter Eggs at once — in fact, that's generally the trick to it, qualifying for as many as you can at once. However, you can't always qualify for ALL of them, both because of potential character limits with your custom fields and some contradictory requirements (mainly with "Say No to E").

you can't qualify for #408: Pony Peril or #266: Breaching the Great Fourth Wall of @@NAME@@ and #1122: Just Say No to E, since both 408, and 266 require you to put an E in your fields.

you can't qualify for #471: Red Sleigh Down and #375: Keep Your Hands Off Those Lucky Charms! at the same time, because they are seasonal Easter eggs.

but you can qualify for a maximum number of easters with this setting

in Motto : Moo, NationStates, friendship
in pre-title, any color + Holy
Cow Bat, or Bat as your animal.
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Fauzjhia wrote:but you can qualify for a maximum number of easters with this setting

in Motto : Moo, NationState, friendship
Yup, although that should be "NationStates", and I think adding "zombie" in the pretitle might help too. :)
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:but you can qualify for a maximum number of easters with this setting

in Motto : Moo, NationState, friendship
Yup, although that should be "NationStates", and I think adding "zombie" in the pretitle might help too. :)

Has having Zombie in your pretitle been confirmed as triggering #223 (in absence of CTE-ing...)? I ask because I've been waiting for a while...:P
Last edited by Land Without Shrimp on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 pm

Land Without Shrimp wrote:
Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:Yup, although that should be "NationStates", and I think adding "zombie" in the pretitle might help too. :)

Has having Zombie in your pretitle been confirmed as triggering #223 (in absence of CTE-ing...)? I ask because I've been waiting for a while...:P
I'm mainly just going off the original post. I've never CTE'd myself and I've also been waiting a while with it in the pretitle, so I'm not sure. It can't hurt to have in there though.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:09 am

I know this could be grave digger. but i came to make 3 reports about easters egg

First, yeah population is given and influence the numbers of easter eggs can find, but only #78: Should We Pull The Lever? seem to actually require a population of 1.250 billion to find it. Other egg requirement might be lower.
and the fact, I found #266: Breaching the Great Fourth Wall of @@NAME@@ on two Olympics puppets is proof there is no population requirement for it.

However, globally. nations that has higher population when they start hunting, find more easter eggs.

the guide still is not updated to say there is a link between Pizza and #80: Aliens Wish Peace/Trade Agreement, but yeah, there is a link.
I was finally able to find the issues on multiple nations, like Aurezluna, and Jhlasezluna, and everytime, the issues only appear when pizza industry is revived.

Also. its quite possible some nations will take 1 or 2 month to find 1. For exemple. Nearly, all my nations found #408: Pony Peril, except for Lhazafeizlhe, which took more then 2 months for it to finally show up.

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Do these issues have any policy effects?
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Dominioan wrote:Do these issues have any policy effects?
They certainly have stat effects; I don't see why they couldn't change policies too.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:09 pm

Not sure if it's a pressing issue but do we need a new custodian, now that Drasnia will likely CTE forever?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Kwantlen Kanata
Attaché

Founded: Oct 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwantlen Kanata » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:14 pm

posting for future reading

The Gold Mines
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Gold Mines » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks, now I know how to get cool issues
I wonder how many Easter eggs other people got, I have gotten two

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 pm

The Gold Mines wrote:Thanks, now I know how to get cool issues
I wonder how many Easter eggs other people got, I have gotten two

I got my sixth one today
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

Animu Place
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Animu Place » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:26 pm

i saw someone get the zombie easter egg by having zombie in the pretitle and brains in the rest of the customizable fields

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?