NATION

PASSWORD

An Age of Dragons [Fantasy - Fire Emblem|OOC] (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

An Age of Dragons [Fantasy - Fire Emblem|OOC] (OPEN)

Postby Miekzhemy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:56 pm

An Age of Dragons
A Fire Emblem-inspired RP

SUMMARY

The great Edryssian Empire, named after the very continent of which it ruled, has all but disintegrated. For centuries it ruled over the eastern half of the continent, its influence encompassing even the numerous vassal states outside of its direct control. Under the capable command of its talented and loyal generals, the Empire's might remained unchallenged. Legions of brave knights and cunning mages could be found in every sprawling metropolis and castle in the Empire - a constant reminder of its power to its subjects. Even the envious nations of the west, often seen as uncivilized barbarians by their eastern neighbors, did not dare challenge them.

But the secret to the Empire's power resided not in their armies, nor their seemingly mythical weapons forged ages ago, but in an ancient race of creatures subjugated by mankind in generations past - the Dragons.

The subjugation of the manaketes only served as a testament to the Empire's might. But just as it was the key to their rise, it would also be the root of their undoing.

Throwing off their shackles of oppression, it took mere days for the dragons to undo centuries of the Imperial grandeur. They would lay waste to its grand cities and illustrious castles. Even the Emperor's mightiest armies stood no chance against them. And with the deaths of almost the entire Imperial household and its respective nobles, the great Edryssian Empire was shattered. Even the western kingdoms were not spared the dragons' insatiable rage. And with war shaking the very topography of the continent, many preached that the end of days was at hand...

It is well over a hundred years later, and though much of the remaining dragons have retreated into hiding to lick their wounds, the scars of that great war are still felt all over the continent. To the west, sprawling deserts and vast grasslands lay between the scattered mountain ranges. And to the east, the fertile central plains remain ravaged and barren, and the once lush forests to the south have since been washed away by the rising tide, now replaced by little more than sunken swamps and wildlands. But still, civilization survives. Hardened by their ceaseless fight for survival against the manaketes, new kingdoms have arisen from the ashes of the Empire, eager to expand their influence to their weaker neighbors. Perhaps, in time, a new emperor may take up the sword, and bring order where there is chaos?

Who will you fight for?

MAP

KEY:
The Edryssian Ecclesiarchy | Blue
The Kehzani Sultanate | Red
The Ajirai Khaganate | Grey
The Szigeta Commonwealth | Dark Green (South)
The Kingdom of Beornia | Green (East)
Null | Navy Blue (Southeast)
The Mordkan Republic | Yellow
The Palarian Remnants | Dark Red
Null | Neon Green
The Kingdom of Xagipia | Orange
The Empire of O-torii | Turquoise
The Noble Republic of Paradisum | Purple

Reserved Nations: Neon Green

INFO

Firstly, this RP is largely inspired by the FE-inspired RPs made by Nations United for Conquest back in 2018, but sadly never took off. I hoped to get in touch with them before putting this all together, but haven't found them online at any point in time as I worked on this. All in all, you could consider this a reboot of what NUC previously put together.

But back to the RP itself, it is based primarily on the Fire Emblem universe. But if you've never played the games or even heard of them, you won't be at a disadvantage. The only involvement with the FE universe is a select few mechanics, such as character classes, magic, and the creatures. No characters, events, settings, or anything else from the Fire Emblem series will have a connection or involvement in the RP. Overall, this will simply look like a light Fantasy RP.

Though I hope for players to create nations of their own, this RP is meant to be primarily character based. Your characters can come from any walk of life you choose - From nobles and royalty to peasants and mercenaries, from powerful knights to humble footmen, from master mages to plucky apprentices, the choice rests with you. These characters can originate from any country of birth as well. In terms of plot, there will be an overarching story, which will hopefully bring the characters together if they are not already. But until then, it is ultimately the sum of all of the journeys you lead your characters on, though players are more than welcome to create villains of their own to both create conflict and bring other characters together.

Before I get an IC thread up and running, however, I need to fill in the world. And as you may be able to notice from the map above, the world appears a bit empty. Though I do plan to make a select few nations myself, I feel that allowing players to crate their own nations gives them an opportunity to help shape the world in a way they feel would make for the most interesting experience for everyone - within reason of course!

Lastly, if anyone has any interest in co-OPing for this, don't be afraid to shoot a TG my way to discuss it. Though I've done a fair share of OPing so far, this is actually the first time I've brought it upon myself to create an RP of my own, so any bit of help is appreciated!

1. The OPs' words are law
2. No godmodding, metagaming, et cetera
3. Three lines per post minimum
4. Combat between player characters should be talked about before hand with the players involved
5. Don't make assumptions. Don't hesitate to ask if something seems off
7. Read the FAQ. It may answer your questions before you even need to ask
8. No posts of explicit sexual content. Keep it pg-13. P l e a s e

Q: Do I have to make a nation in order to join?
A: No. It's not not required to make a nation, but is helpful to everyone for both the setting and character creation.

Q: Can my character only use the weapons listed for their class?
A: Technically, your character may use any type of weapon regardless of class, but will only be proficient with their class-specific weapons. Magic is off-limits to non-magic classes.

Q: Do/Does my character[s] have to wield a Legendary weapon I app for?
A: No. Legendary weapons can appear anywhere in the world, and don't even have to be linked to a character you make

Q: How many relics can I give my nation?
A: No more than two. Any further require an OP's approval.

Q: How many of my characters can wield Relics?
A: No more than two if both are from the same nation. Any further require an OP's approval.

Q: Who can use magic?
A: Technically everyone has some potential to use magic. But it takes time and training so not everyone can realize their power. This also depends on your character class.

Q: Do I have to make a character from a nation I create?
A: No, but it's not a bad idea to do so.

Q: Can I be a Royal from any nation?
A: Yes, but you have to check with the creator of said nation beforehand.

Q: What classes should/shouldn't I be using?
A: I'd stick to classical/recurring classes (Knight, Cavalier, Hero, Archer, Mage, etc.), but feel free to use whatever you think would suit your character best. However, you can not use "enemy only" or Personal classes, nor can you touch the Genealogy Master Knight or Baron classes. Also, as a general rule, stay away from Fates/If classes

Q: Can I really make my character from any walk of life?
A: Yes, but make sure that they will still be able to fit into the plot, and not left on the side (i.e. have a connection to at least one nation, whether positive or negative). Kings and other rulers are allowed, but I do not recommend making them a main PC.

- Mounted classes can of course dismount to do combat.
- Class weapons are the weapons your character is trained (or currently training) in and should use.
- When making your character, skills don't refer to anything on the wiki, but are rather things you're character is good at.
- Your character's class does not necessarily determine their titles. You can have a Prince be a "Hero" or a "General" carry the title of Sir.
- All magic is cast through Tomes.
- Magic Triangle: Dark --> Anima --> Light --> Dark. Anima magic is comprised of fire, thunder, and wind. These do not hold any advantages over the other.
- Magic cannot be cast indefinitely, as it takes a mental and physical toll on the caster. The stronger the magic, the more taxing it is to wield.
- Weaknesses: Certain classes possess attributes that weaken them (Armor classes are weak to magic, flyers are weak to arrows, etc.). "Slayer" weapons are self explanatory.
- The stats of your character's class do not hold sway over them. The generalizations still apply though (Knights are slow but durable, Myrmidons are fast, etc.).

Ask additional questions in the OOC

APPS

Code: Select all
(Delete everything in Parenthesis)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Title:[/b] (Sir, Lady, Lord, etc.)
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b]
[b]Loyalty Pledged To:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] (picture optional)
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Skills|Abilities:[/b](Things your character is good at | See Mechanics for clarification)
[b]Weapons:[/b](Keep class in mind)
[b]Bio:[/b](One-Two Paragraphs)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b](Only required for first app)
[i][u][align=center]Optional Information[/align][/u][/i]
[b]Alias(es):[/b]
[b]Family Relations:[/b]
[b]Moral Alignment:[/b]
[b]Additional Notes:[/b](Anything you feel like I or others should know that isn't listed above)
APP CODE DO NOT DELETE: #1723

(Delete everything in Parenthesis)
    [b]Nation Name:[/b]
    [b]Shortened/Informal Nation Name:[/b]
    [b]Capital:[/b]
    [b]Flag/Standard:[/b]
    [b]Head of State:[/b]
    [b]Geography:[/b] (pictures are also welcome)
    [b]Culture/People:[/b] (pictures are also welcome)
    [b]Government:[/b]
    [b]History:[/b](Paragraphs are acceptable; Keep in mind location)
    [b]Population:[/b]
    [b][i]Standing[/i] Military Number:[/b](Around .5-1% of pop)
    [b]Location:[/b] (Refer to Map Color)
    [b]RP Sample:[/b]
    [align=center][i][u]Optional Information[/u][/i][/align]
    [b]Notable Groups:[/b] (Knight Order-type groups, cults, etc.)
    [b]Notable Characters:[/b] (i.e. noteworthy royals, nobles, or commanders | include names and descriptions if desired)

(Delete everything in parenthesis)
    [b]Weapon Name:[/b]
    [b]Type of Weapon:[/b] (Sword, Axe, Thunder Magic, etc.)
    [b]Description of Weapon:[/b] (Picture Optional)
    [b]Current Wielder or Location:[/b]
    [b]Special Properties:[/b] (What separates it from a normal sword, lance, etc.?)
    [b]History of Weapon:[/b](Keep in mind location|no more than a paragraph or two)

Example Application

Nation Name: The Ajirai Khaganate
Shortened/Informal Nation Name: the Ajirai; the Khaganate; "those uncivilized horse-riding marauders"
Capital: N/A
Flag/Standard: Appearance
Head of State: Eldigai Khagan of Clan Ajirai
Geography:
Ajirai territory is characterized by miles of sprawling grasslands in the east, slowly transitioning into rolling hills and finally steep, frigid mountain ranges as one travels westward. The grasslands are largely temperate for much of the year, while the inner steppe regions see frequent snowfall year-round save for the summer months. Scattered woodlands can be seen on the western frontiers and along the northern coastlines. Herds of wild pegasi are often seen roaming the mountain passes. Permanent settlements are virtually nonexistent outside of these mountains, with many tribes settling in scattered villages and camps.
People/Culture:
While many of the peoples in the nations around them have resigned themselves into permanent settlements and kingdoms, the people of the steppe remain in the strictly nomadic lifestyle they have kept for hundreds of years. With little natural resources around them, they resort to hunting for their own food and raising their own herds of livestock and horses, settling down into temporary camps and then moving once the grazing land can no longer sustain their animals. Their concept of borders is mostly foreign, often resulting in some tribes gradually encroaching into the lands of their more civilized neighbors before inevitably being chased back to the steppe. This lifestyle has resulted in the realm of the Ajirai becoming nigh impossible to tame by foreign powers, as the sheer mobility of the armies and tribes prompts wars of attrition that many invaders cannot win. The constant struggle for survival has also hardened the people, leading every man and woman to learn how to fight. Their military is largely based around cavalry, specializing in hurling arrows at their enemies from a safe distance. The women often learn to tame pegasi, serving as both scouts and flyers in battle. Generally speaking, the Ajirai people are stubborn and fairly xenophobic, preferring to keep their interactions with outsiders to a minimum. These traditions and attitudes towards foreigners, however, can vary from tribe to tribe. Clans residing close to Ajirai borders often find themselves bartering with caravans and travelers passing through on their journeys. Deep into the mountain ranges, some tribes raise permanent settlements around what many consider holy sites, isolating themselves from both the realm and world as a whole and interacting only with the few pilgrims that venture in during the warmer months.
Government:
The Ajirai people are largely based around their home tribe, commanded by several powerful families that form a self-sufficient community. Each tribe is headed by a Khan, who holds absolute power over his or her subjects. Every so often, the Khans come together to hold collective meetings to discuss pressing affairs in the realm. At the head of this council is the Khagan, elected as the de facto head of state. However, enforcing the Khagan's authority is difficult. As such, the decentralized nature of the land results in the Khans operating independently of one another, only paying lip-service to the Khagan. It is not uncommon for Khans to war with one another over territory and resources, leading many to consider the Khaganate more of a lawless wasteland than an actual kingdom.
History:
Long ago, while the Edryssian Empire gradually expanded its territories in the east, its progress eventually hit a snag when it attempted to push westward. What the imperial forces initially considered a cakewalk, eventually turned into a long and tiresome war to subdue the uncivilized but clever tribes of the steppe. While their armies of knights and mages easily humbled their previous neighbors, they now found themselves faced with a different type of enemy - an enemy that is constantly on the move. The swift, harrying armies of the Ajirai, though no match for the Imperial forces in high-pitched battle, were able to slowly wear their enemies down without ever committing themselves to one. In the end, the Empire relented, deciding to leave the steppe be for the time being. Whether or not they planned another campaign, it would never be realized, as years later they would inevitably fall to the might of the same manaketes they once enslaved. As the dragons went on to rampage across the continent, the Ajirai found their very existence threatened. Many tribes would be wiped out, and the few that survived eventually retreated further into the mountains. Over the years, the tribes viewed the dragons as terrible monsters hell-bent on bringing about the destruction of mankind. Some would go on to find everlasting glory in slaying one of the mythical beasts.
Population: ~1 million
Standing Military Number: Roughly 10,000 professional warriors
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=482615
Optional Information

Notable Groups:
The Diviners - A highly-respected cult of shamans, healers, and mages, rumoured to know how to read the stars to determine the future. Many of the more magically-gifted go on to join them, supporting their tribe both on and off the battlefield.
Notable Characters:
  • Eldigai, Khagan of Ajirai - An aging but still powerful warlord whose tribe dominates the both the central valley and northern coast. His fearsome host of warriors and glorious conquests has led him to be elected Khagan of the steppe.
  • Gazan, Khan of Kerait - The generous Khan of the southern mountains. His peaceful nature has earned a good relationship with his neighbors and subjects, but has shown to be indecisive and overly cautious.
  • Xangei, Khan of Khangli - The brave Khan of the eastern plains. He is a veteran of many wars fought in defense of the eastern borders. He rules firmly but justly.
  • Dorbei, Khan of Torgud - The zealous Khan of the western frontier. He has led numerous raids against the Khaganate's western and southern neighbors, and is known to fight with the ferocity of a tiger and the strength of ten men.
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 34 times in total.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Giving this a tag of moral and complicit support. Not sure if I can formally join, of course, but I'll see if I can help with world-building shit
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Mordka
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mordka » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:47 am

Nation Name: The Mordkan Republic
Shortened/Informal Nation Name: Mordka, The Mordkans, The Republic.
Capital: Marshal City
Flag/Standard: same as my nation flag
Head of State: Grand Marshal Rokoric
Geography: The Republic consists of enormous deserts with regular sandstorms, and rocky canyons that they mine for iron and silver, their is little vegetarian on the surface due to intense heat but underground catacombs can grow food for livestock and tunnel rats to feed on, The Mordkans live in walled in cities that protect them from sandstorms and predators, the borders are also protected by the great wall of Mordka, a massive wall that keeps foreigners out and Mordkans in.
Culture/People: The Republic is very militaristic, and all aspects of life are controlled by the nation, men are conscripted into the armed forces at the age of 18 and must serve for at lease 12 years with optional career service if completed, women are taught that there job is to birth and raise children to fuel the growth of the Republic, and anyone who speaks out against it are branded traitors and are ether put to death or is summited to forced labour [or sexual slavery for woman]. The Mordkan military is focused on huge infantry formations with their rectangular shields and long spears [with a few crossbowmen], and as so they are the most highly trained army on the continent, the Republic is highly xenophobic and any foreigners found attempting or has past the border shall result in their deaths.
Government: The Republic is classified as a military dictatorship with the Grand Marshal in complete control of the Republic, Grand Marshals are selected by ether the previous Grand Marshal, or selected by the Marshal's Counsel [the four highest ranked Generals] if the Grand Marshal did not name a successor. The Grand Marshal is restricted only by the Constitution of the Republic, The written documents of the Republic detailing the requirements of the Republic, and any Grand Marshal who violates it are required by law to be removed as Grand Marshal. The cities are run by Generals who run the city garrisons, with soldiers policing the cities and stopping dissent.
History: What became the Mordkan Republic was once the Kingdom of Mordka, but when the dragons arrived and started to destroy the kingdom, the monarchy fell and when all hope seemed lost, the Fearless Five rose up and drove the dragons into hiding. They then proclaimed the Republic and wrote the Constitution of the Republic, Years later as the Fearless Five passed on into legend the Republic builds up it's military to prepare for the conquest of the realm, and to hunt down the dragons.
Population: 5 million
Standing Military Number: 1 million personal
RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=488661&p=37420191#p37420191
Optional Information

Notable Groups: Valkyrie Guards- The all female guards of the Grand Marshal, Valkyries are known for their sexiness and their loyalty to the Republic, are rummered to double as harem, There is also a Dragon Order branch in Mordka.
Notable Characters: The Fearless Five- The legendary founders of the Republic, they fought back against the dragons and drove them from the land, The Five were made of-
.Groden the Great- The leader and oldest of the five and the first Grand Marshal
.Braiden the Brains- The strategist and the smartest of the five but is the weakest
.Rathon the Strong- The Muscle of the five and is Monera's Husband
.Monera the Lass- The only woman of the five and is Rathon's wife
.Tartron the Thief- The scout and youngest of the five.
As the five passed away, their memory is remembered in the stories of the founding.
Last edited by Mordka on Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gudmund
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Gudmund » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:00 am

Can we possibly app standalone knight orders/organisations rather than a full nation? I'd like to port over one from another RP.
Last edited by Gudmund on Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Civilisation:
Tier 8, Level 3, Type 7
An 8.625 civilization - according to this index
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Leader: Albani Gudmund
Setting: FT (2060+), the ruling nation of a non-human, low population, galactic Empire spanning just beyond its solar system. Primarily using advanced, mass-produced droids to handle most menial tasks and to fill the ranks of its military alongside living soldiers.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Tag hai Miek
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Very interesting concept
Lover of doggos

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:19 pm

Mordka wrote:-application snip-

I'll allow it on the condition that the population/military is scaled down. I understand it being a militaristic nation, but this is primarily for balance reasons should we ever start RPing warfare between some of the nations. Use the example app for reference to what would roughly be the average population based on nation size.

Gudmund wrote:Can we possibly app standalone knight orders/organisations rather than a full nation? I'd like to port over one from another RP.

I'm down for that. If you want, you can add the details of your organization at the bottom of your character application. Depending on how many people want to make I may add another format for them at some point.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:21 pm

A fifth of a nations population being in the standing military would cripple that nation lol
Lover of doggos

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Revlona wrote:A fifth of a nations population being in the standing military would cripple that nation lol

That too :p

Here's another nation and a weapon by the way. If anyone wants to reserve any parts of the map for their own nations, let me know.

Nation Name: The Kehzani Sultanate
Shortened/Informal Nation Name: Kehzan
Capital: Aka
Flag/Standard: Standard
Head of State: Sultan Hakan VIII ibn Azir
Geography: The first feature most travelers would come across at Kehzan's border is a surprisingly well-maintained system of cobblestone roads. In contrast to the lush grasslands and forests of its surrounding territories, those venturing the old stone roads into Kehzani lands eventually find themselves surrounded by endless dunes of sand. The realm itself is easily defensible, as the sweltering days and the bone-chilling nights tend to drive away invaders more effectively than its own feudal armies. As one ventures further towards the coast in the southern lowlands, the vast desert transitions into jungle and marshland. These lowlands are mostly uninhabited, and several rivers and their tributaries branch from the ocean and the nearby lakes, dotted by sunken fishing villages until they inevitably reach the desert and dry out. The desert regions are mostly desolate and war-torn, littered with the bones of slain dragons from ages past. These lands and their respective villages and castles are owned by the realm's ruling lords and princes. However, each and every road leads to the very center of the desert to the capital city of Aka, a gargantuan metropolis that serves as a beacon of civilization, trade, and learning - rivaling even the late Edyrissian Empire's most impressive of cities.
Culture/People: The Kehzani people are known to be hardy and stubborn, but relatively friendly and open to trade with outsiders. Thanks to the diversity created by the advancements in commerce, the realm is home to numerous religions and customs. However, a lasting tradition has been the emphasis on one's honor. As such, those who have been known to exploit others for their own benefit are typically kept in low regard, regardless of social status. It is safe to say that one's honor holds just as much weight as one's bloodline.
Government: The people are ruled by a strictly feudal style of government, the realm's hierarchy vastly dependent on social class and noble bloodlines. The land is loosely held together by its lords and their fealty sworn to their Sultan. The ruling family of the Sultan, based primarily in the capital city of Aka, are descended from an ancient Kehzani magus by the name of Zakar, and his descendants have ruled the land for centuries. With the realm being mostly decentralized, the Sultan's authority is often questionable. Vassal lords rule over their holdings like petty kingdoms, and typically engage in open conflict with one another over territory, resources, and other political reasons. Because of this, mercenary groups are a common sight, as there are always plenty of opportunities to fight for coin.
History: Kehzan is an ancient realm, originally home to a largely nomadic, desert-faring people. While this is still the case today, as the treacherous desert was mapped out in its entirety, some people have since settled out of their nomadic lives in favor of a more feudalistic society underneath various princes and nobles. Trade with outsiders flourished over the centuries, leading to some of these settlements growing into bustling cities. The largest of which is Aka, which became the birthplace of a powerful Sultanate that came to subjugate the entirety of the Kehzani desert. Aka would soon be connected to the rest of the world via a series of dedicated roads of stone, commonly referred to as the Grand Highways, and were patrolled by the Sultan's armies to ensure the safety of those who used them. These roads would help guide many caravans, travelers, and pilgrims on their arduous journeys through the desert to the oasis that is the capital city.

In the present, however, Kehzan has fallen behind much of the more civilized world. Outside of Aka, many of the old tribal traditions still reign supreme. Even the lords and princes have grown to operate independently of their Sultan, some even going so far as to reject their rule entirely. As a result, Kehzan became a land wracked with rebellions and war even before the dragons came. Countless Sultans would spend much of their reign suppressing their rebellious subjects in dangerous, costly campaigns. And even back home, the royal court is not free of danger, as political backstabbing among nobles, merchant guilds, and even members of the royal family lead to assassinations and feuds that last generations.
Population: ~1.5 million
Standing Military Number: Roughly 15-20 thousand warriors, levies, and fanatics.
RP Sample:
Optional Information

Notable Groups:
The Kehzani Honor Guard - A small detachment of the realm's most elite and loyal soldiers, reporting only to the Sultan and his immediate relatives. They are responsible for the guarding of the royal palace and accompany all royal family members on their travels. Members of this order are typically the product of being bred for their trade, and are intimidating as much as they are dutiful. They are often seen riding fearsome wyverns into battle.
The Sand Mages - An order of mages built primarily out of an ancient Kehzani art of wind magic. Their fighting style revolves around manipulating the desert sands around them to their will - ranging from the simplest tactics of throwing sand in a foe's eyes to conjuring powerful tornadoes.
Notable Characters:

Weapon Name: Hadm
Type of Weapon: Tome (Dark Magic)
Description of Weapon: A spooky red tome
Current Wielder or Location: Unknown; rumoured to have been lost in the Kehzani Desert
Special Properties:
  • Agonizing Torment: The tome's unleashed power manifests itself in the form of reddish arcs of lightning, easily capable of causing immense pain, paralysis and death.
  • Sadism: Much like the fabled Nosferatu spell, the tome seems to mend and regenerate its wielder's wounds based on the sheer amount of suffering inflicted upon its victim.
History of Weapon:
Hadm was the personal tome of Zakar, the first Sultan of Kehzan. It unknown how it was made, or how Zakar came into possession of it, but the tome is rumored to have been created by draconic witches and sorcerers lurking deep within the mountains surrounding the desert. Because of its sheer destructive power, it has been safeguarded by the Zakar's descendants for generations. Only a handful of Kehzani Sultans have been successful in taming its power, and many of those who did had their minds slowly twisted - eventually succumbing to bloodlust and outright insanity. Some of these wielders were known to speak directly to the tome, as if it were a sentient being whispering malicious voices into their mind. It has led some scholars to believe the tome is cursed by some sort of eldritch horror, seeking to free itself from the prison of that book. Long ago, as the dragons broke free of the Empire's grip and ravaged the continent, the Kehzani armies eventually rode out to meet the manaketes in battle. Hadm's wielder, a certain Sultan Hakim the Mad, was struck down, and his armies scattered to the wind. The tome was believed to be lost, buried deep underneath the endless sands of the desert...
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gudmund
Envoy

Postby Gudmund » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:25 pm

I'll edit some stuff once more people join or if something is wrong.

Name: Ander Terricus
Title: Sir, Grand Master
Sex: Male
Nation of Origin: Beornia
Loyalty Pledged To: The Dragon Order
Physical Description: image, 186cm, 86kg, fit
Class: Trueblade
Skills|Abilities:
  • Peerless swordsmanship - Ander is one of, if not the best swordsman in the Dragon Order. More than half his life has been spent on grueling training, testing his metal against beast and man alike, a self-taught style perfect for his way of fighting. As a renowned swordsman, opponents fear him, and allies seek to learn from him.
  • Diplomat - As Grand Master of the Dragon Order, Ander has learned how to deal with politicians, merchants, and kings alike.
Weapons: A simple sword and an identical spare.
Bio: The current head of the Dragon Order, Ander Terricus, rightfully earned his place through sheer hard work. During a routine trip to a local village, which had been raided and burned to the ground by bandits, the order discovered Ander as a child. His parents were likely deceased, the order members opting to adopt Ander and have him swear allegiance to the order. Despite his training beginning at 10 years old, Ander's natural skill quickly surpassed that of his peers in mere months. By the time he graduated at 20, gaining his White sash, Ander was by far the most fearsome warrior of his generation. He wished to become stronger, to protect this new family of his by all means possible.

It took a total of 15 years for Ander to obtain his black sash, indicative of the 300 achievements to his name. Beasts of all kind fell to his blade, gaining respect among the order, and through bargaining with the local nations he secured a steady resource chain for his people. It was only a matter of time Ander rose to Grand Master of the order, shortly following previous leader's passing, Ander's coronation went through unimpeded. Under a steady hand, Ander began his rule over the order, abolishing several out-of-date rules and strengthening his home from within. His policies leaned more so towards taming wild beasts, rather than brutal extermination. Of course, the bandit group responsible for his parents death was no more, leaving him to quell his anger on other bandit troupes.

Personality: Ander is a stubborn, hard-working individual with a good head on his shoulders. He dislikes those who inherit their wealth or abuse their people, and hopes to prevent more people from resorting to banditry, treating most beasts indifferently. Ander values skill, praising other warriors regardless of allegiance. He will often offer liberated slaves and victims of war a place in the order, and has a soft spot for children.
RP Sample: List o' things
Optional Information

Alias(es): Sword Saint
Family Relations: An adopted 12-year-old girl he personally tutors.
Moral Alignment: True Neutral
Additional Notes: Leader of the Dragon Order
Organisation Name: Order of the Dragon
Shortened/Informal Nation Name: Dragon Order, beast-hunters, Silver Swords, "those dragon-loving weirdos" (will change if someone else wants the names)
Flag/Standard: Emblem
Head of State: Grand Master Ander Terricus
Culture/People: As a votive order, members pledge a vow to become exceptional warriors, and are typically trained and indoctrinated from the age of 5. A large majority of the order is comprised of victims of war, such as orphans, and those born within the order. The populace is very diverse, coming from all over the world. The people are taught to be self-sufficient, knowledgeable in both wildlife survival and farming. High achieving members are taught in the ways of beast-taming, and typically end up raising young direwolves or wyverns, which are the bulk of the order's forces. Due to a lack of resources, they frequently visit other realms to sell their services to purchase supplies. They are respectful, and refrain from raiding or pillaging unless it is absolutely necessary. Outsiders are free to join the order, but must defeat an existing order member of similar age.

Government: Ranking within the order is indicated by a coloured sash on ones' shoulder based on the number of achievements one has, be it slaying beasts or assisting the order through other means (10 White, 50 Red, 100 Blue, 300 Black). The order elects their leader based on merit and achievements, who then appoints 4 Commanders responsible for managing the order and it's various branches across the continent.

History: The Dragon Order are a gathering of warriors established 120 years ago, specializing in slaying, capturing, and taming large beasts. They are renowned throughout the world as truly ferocious warriors capable of felling even the most ferocious of creatures, let alone other people. Prior to the Edryssian Empire being decimated by the dragons, the Dragon Order originally had no more than a hundred members, dragon-sympathizers who sought to aid the manaketes. The order, who weren't spared in the uprising, have since changed their ideology to now slay, capture, and tame unruly dragons and other such beasts. This is both to prevent a similar event, and to assist those who are not equipped or skilled enough to handle such creatures.

Members: 65,000 (military, women, children)
Standing Military Number: 11,000 (military)
  • Warriors (9,000) - Warriors are the most common members of the legion, wearing the standard set of wyvern scale armour, half-plate, and gambeson. The scale armour disperses heat and is resistant to fire. Higher ranking members may have modified it slightly, inscribing patterns and whatnot, but other than that only the coloured ranking sashes differentiate each wearer. The warriors can be of any rank, from white to black, but each one has revived years of harsh training.
  • Dragon Order Riders (1,500) - Armed with lances, shields, and bows they don the standard scale armour with half-plate and gambeson, although with a slightly more open helm. Riding on the backs of tamed, large, black direwolves covered in unique dragon scale barding with saddles. The direwolves are grown alongside riders since birth. These units are faster and bulkier than horses, and can wade through unprepared infantry like ankle deep water, their speed and long range capabilities can be especially effective. At ranks of red and blue, the riders are veterans within the order, their very presence inspiring allies. Whether it be large beasties or a hundred mercs, a dozen of these riders will deal with them swiftly, as even dismounted they pose a great threat, their mounts fighting alongside their masters.
  • Elite Wyvern Riders (500) - Flying high above the enemy, highly trained Black rank soldiers rain death from above. Their bows, flechettes, and flaming oil bombs decimating foes below. While useful for scouting, units can just as easily swoop down and pick off enemies, or even dismount and fight side-by-side. With the usual Dragon Order armour modified for better aerodynamics, the riders and wyverns are both well protected. The flying beasts are born and raised by the order, a new batch of wyverns requiring years of training before actually being utilized.
Location: An order Branch in any nation that allows it, Branches are typically forts with stables and barracks.
Branches:
  • (5000) Mordkan Republic's Capital, Marshal City;
  • (5500) Edryssian Ecclesiarchy, a Chapter under the watchful eye of a cleric/Inquisition;
  • (500) Palarian Remnants, Veld island, a staging point between the Foundry where many beasts can be found;
APP CODE DO NOT DELETE: N/A until an official org code is created

Last edited by Gudmund on Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:56 am, edited 9 times in total.
Civilisation:
Tier 8, Level 3, Type 7
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Setting: FT (2060+), the ruling nation of a non-human, low population, galactic Empire spanning just beyond its solar system. Primarily using advanced, mass-produced droids to handle most menial tasks and to fill the ranks of its military alongside living soldiers.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:56 pm

I'm definitely tagging, it looks good!
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:27 am

Gudmund wrote:-application snip-

Looks good. Accepted

I'll get a character app up sometime tomorrow if I'm not too busy

Emblaskr
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Emblaskr » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:28 am

FIRE EMBLEM!!! HHEEERROOOEEESSS!!!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:04 am

I have no clue about anything related to Fire Emblem, but this sounds interesting. Could I reserve Neon Green for a thalassocratic mage republic?
Signatures are so 2014.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 am

Is dark red available?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:24 am

Utceforp wrote:I have no clue about anything related to Fire Emblem, but this sounds interesting. Could I reserve Neon Green for a thalassocratic mage republic?

Go ahead. I'll keep track of reserved nations on the thread

Nuridia wrote:Is dark red available?

Someone on the discord wanted to reserve them a day or so ago already, sorry. As I said above I'll keep track of any reservations on the thread

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Interested and can you reserve dark green? Also I tried to join the discord but, the link has expired.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Theyra wrote:Interested and can you reserve dark green? Also I tried to join the discord but, the link has expired.

Gotcha. I generated another invite for the discord, so try again now

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:28 pm

Ok, fair enough. How about turquoise?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:21 pm

Nuridia wrote:Ok, fair enough. How about turquoise?

Nothing planned for that one yet. Go ahead

Mordka
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mordka » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Gudmund wrote:I'll edit some stuff once more people join or if something is wrong.

Name: Ander Terricus
Title: Sir, Grand Master
Sex: Male
Nation of Origin: Eastern Nation (TBD)
Loyalty Pledged To: The Dragon Order
Physical Description: image, 186cm, 86kg, fit
Class: Trueblade
Skills|Abilities:
  • Peerless swordsmanship - Ander is one of, if not the best swordsman in the Dragon Order. More than half his life has been spent on grueling training, testing his metal against beast and man alike, a self-taught style perfect for his way of fighting. As a renowned swordsman, opponents fear him, and allies seek to learn from him.
  • Diplomat - As Grand Master of the Dragon Order, Ander has learned how to deal with politicians, merchants, and kings alike.
Weapons: Sword
Bio: The current head of the Dragon Order, Ander Terricus, rightfully earned his place through sheer hard work. During a routine trip to a local village, which had been raided and burned to the ground by bandits, the order discovered Ander as a child. His parents were more than likely deceased, opting to bring Ander into the order and swear allegiance to the order. Despite his training beginning at 10 years old, Ander's natural skill quickly surpassed the other trainees in mere months. By the time he graduated at 20, gaining his White sash, Ander was by far the most fearsome warrior of his generation. He wished to become stronger, to protect what his new family.

It took a total of 15 years for Ander to obtain his black sash, indicative of the 300 achievements to his name. Beasts of all kind fell to his blade, gaining respect among the order, and through bargaining with the local nations had he secured a steady food resource for his people. It was only a matter of time Ander became Grand Master of the order, shortly following the passing of the current leader, his coronation went through unimpeded. Under a steady hand, Ander began his rule over the order, abolishing several out-of-date rules. His policies leaned more so towards taming wild beasts rather than brutal killings. Of course, the bandit group responsible for his parents death was no more, leaving him to quell his anger on other bandit troupes.

Personality: Ander is a stubborn hard-working individual. He dislikes those who inherit or abuse their people, and hopes to prevent more people from resorting to banditry, treating most beasts indifferently. Ander values skill, praising other warriors regardless of allegiance. He will often offer liberated slaves and victims of war a place in the order, and has a soft spot for children.
RP Sample: List o' things
Optional Information

Alias(es): Sword Saint
Family Relations: An adopted 12-year-old girl he personally tutors.
Moral Alignment: True Neutral
Additional Notes: Leader of the Dragon Order
Organisation Name: Order of the Dragon
Shortened/Informal Nation Name: Dragon Order, beast-hunters, Silver Swords, "those dragon-loving weirdos" (will change if someone else wants the names)
Flag/Standard: Emblem
Head of State: Grand Master Ander Terricus
Culture/People: As a votive order, members pledge a vow to become exceptional warriors, and are typically trained and indoctrinated from the age of 5. A large majority of the order is comprised of victims of war, such as orphans, and those born within the order. The populace is very diverse, coming from all over the world. The people are taught to be self-sufficient, knowledgeable in both wildlife survival and farming. High achieving members are taught in the ways of beast-taming, and typically end up raising young direwolves or wyverns, which are the bulk of the order's forces. Due to a lack of resources, they frequently visit other realms to sell their services to purchase supplies. They are respectful, and refrain from raiding or pillaging unless it is absolutely necessary. Outsiders are free to join the order, but must defeat an existing order member of similar age.

Government: Ranking within the order is indicated by a coloured sash on ones' shoulder based on the number of achievements one has, be it slaying beasts or assisting the order through other means (10 White, 50 Red, 100 Blue, 300 Black). The order elects their leader based on merit and achievements, who then appoints 4 Commanders responsible for managing the order and it's various branches across the continent.

History: The Dragon Order are a gathering of warriors established 120 years ago, specializing in slaying, capturing, and taming large beasts. They are renowned throughout the world as truly ferocious warriors capable of felling even the most ferocious of creatures, let alone other people. Prior to the Edryssian Empire being decimated by the dragons, the Dragon Order originally had no more than a hundred members, dragon-sympathizers who sought to aid the manaketes. The order, who weren't spared in the uprising, have since changed their ideology to now slay, capture, and tame unruly dragons and other such beasts. This is both to prevent a similar event, and to assist those who are not equipped or skilled enough to handle such creatures.

Members: 65,000 (military, women, children)
Standing Military Number: 11,000 (military)
  • Warriors (9,000) - Warriors are the most common members of the legion, wearing the standard set of wyvern scale armour, half-plate, and gambeson. The scale armour disperses heat and is resistant to fire. Higher ranking members may have modified it slightly, inscribing patterns and whatnot, but other than that only the coloured ranking sashes differentiate each wearer. The warriors can be of any rank, from white to black, but each one has revived years of harsh training.
  • Dragon Order Riders (1,500) - Armed with lances, shields, and bows they don the standard scale armour with half-plate and gambeson, although with a slightly more open helm. Riding on the backs of tamed, large, black direwolves covered in unique dragon scale barding with saddles. The direwolves are grown alongside riders since birth. These units are faster and bulkier than horses, and can wade through unprepared infantry like ankle deep water, their speed and long range capabilities can be especially effective. At ranks of red and blue, the riders are veterans within the order, their very presence inspiring allies. Whether it be large beasties or a hundred mercs, a dozen of these riders will deal with them swiftly, as even dismounted they pose a great threat, their mounts fighting alongside their masters.
  • Elite Wyvern Riders (500) - Flying high above the enemy, highly trained Black rank soldiers rain death from above. Their bows, flechettes, and flaming oil bombs decimating foes below. While useful for scouting, units can just as easily swoop down and pick off enemies, or even dismount and fight side-by-side. With the usual Dragon Order armour modified for better aerodynamics, the riders and wyverns are both well protected. The flying beasts are born and raised by the order, a new batch of wyverns requiring years of training before actually being utilized.
[/list]
Location: An order branch in any nation that allows it. Brances are typically forts, with stables and barracks.
APP CODE DO NOT DELETE: N/A

The Mordkan Republic would be glad to accept a branch in Mordka

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:23 am

This looks pretty fun. Here's my nation app:

Nation Name
The Empire of O-torii

Shortened/Informal Nation Name
O-torii

Capital
O-fushicho-tomari (imperial)
Yokoi (political)

Flag/Standard

Head of State
Emperor Asuka VI (Head of State)
Shogun Tohgu Ienobu O-hisui (Head of Government, de jure)
Grand Regent Saiga Hidekazu O-nosuri (Head of Government, de facto)

Geography
O-torii is a small nation south of the Kehzani Sultanate consisting of the main landmass known as Honjoh, as well as 54 minor islands off its coast, of which only 19 are inhabited. In contrast to its geographically diverse northern neighbour, O-torii has a largely temperate climate, with average temperatures ranging from 15C in the summer to -20C in the winter, and possesses mountainous terrain that belies a vast subterranean network of volcanic belts, which give way to the more than 4,000 hot springs all across the land.

Owing to the sprawling Narukami mountain range in the northern belt of Honjoh, under which lies a tectonic fault line, O-torii has had surprisingly little interaction with the people of the Kehzani Sultanate, and as a result, is very culturally distinct.

Culture/People
To the outside world, the people of O-torii are often paradoxically thought of both as a demure, peaceable, agrarian society as well as a ferocious and fiercely autarchic warrior race. The truth lies in between; O-torii is a nation built on the tenets of balance with nature and on a largely nondestructive agrarian and fishing economy, but it also possesses a confident yet unassuming martial tradition that has in recent centuries produced fine fighting forces of the ground, naval, and aerial types, and at the same time, maintained a state of reclusion from the outside world.

In Toriian culture, there is a very clear distinction between the people of O-torii and the people of the outside world- race mixing is a taboo subject, and aside from the island of Kurashima at the southernmost tip of Honjoh and the Pass of Inuma located in a gap in the Narukami range, designated under the rule of Emperor Ajisashi (889 - 972) as points of open trade, foreign vessels and merchants alike are automatically denied entry unless otherwise authorised. This policy of sakoku (literally "locked nation"), maintained over several centuries, has created, or is perhaps the creation of, a very high awareness of the "outsider" and the "compatriot" among Toriians.

Toriians are generally flexible and lean, smaller on average than the people of the sultanate to the north, with no body hair and comparatively little body fat. The diet of Toriians generally contains very little meat and an abundance of root vegetables, fish, and preserved foods, though there are certain regional varieties, such as bitter gourds in eastern Honjoh and fermented soybeans in some of the southern islands.

Perhaps best known in the outside world for its massive diversity of avian and wyvern fauna, O-torii is also sometimes known as the Land of the Flying Men, a testament to their being one of the first peoples to domesticate both the wyverns and the giant birds for agrarian as well as military purposes. The art of flying atop a wyvern or a giant bird is known as hijutsu, and is often learned by commoners, warriors, and nobles alike.

A problem unique to O-torii is the terror imposed by the sky serpents- said to be born of the Narukami Mountains themselves, manifestations of a vengeful god yet to have his anger satiated, the sky serpents are giant snake-like dragons that circle the skies high above O-torii. While usually benign, the serpents also sometimes descend beneath the clouds and wreak havoc on the settlements below with their breath. The people of O-torii, in response, have learned over the centuries how best to slay the serpents before they can descend, sending warriors known as orochi-koroshiya ("serpent killers") flying up above the clouds to kill them preemptively. When killed, sky serpents disintegrate into dust before their bodies can reach the ground. The dust of a sky serpent's body is said to have aphrodisiac qualities, and is highly sought after by practitioners of Toriian internal medicine.

Government
O-torii has been governed for the past 300 years by the Fushicho Dynasty, which was founded by Emperor Asuka I in Imperial Year 1115 upon the unification of O-torii after sixty years of civil war. Under the rule of his successor, Emperor Kagakui I, the original feudal system was demolished, and the nation brought under a system of central governance from the imperial capital of O-fushicho-tomari, facilitated by former feudal lords and nobles who, for their loyalty to the new dynasty, were rewarded with various degrees of peerage and allowed to assist in the governance of the newly unified Empire.

In the year 1336, a general named Tohgu Toshiroh O-hiwa led an uprising against the incumbent emperor, Okui III, and with the help of his thirty six allies, stripped the Imperial Household of most of its political power, anointing himself Shogun of O-torii and establishing his new government in him home city of Yokoi, which thereafter became the de-facto capital of O-torii.

Since then, with the subsequent weakening of the Tohgu bloodline through incest and infighting, the Imperial Household and the shogunate establishment have been in constant tussling for power, though the former have little of it in reality. The people have thus far remained largely unaffected by the palace intrigue of the political elite, though how much longer the present duality can last is often called into question.

At present, with the incumbent shogun Ienobu O-hisui being mentally stunted as a result of decades of incest within the Tohgu Clan, true political power lies with his regent, loyal retainer Saiga Hidekazu O-nosuri, whose family has served the Tohgu Clan since its ascension to power- in place of the shogun, it is the 68-year-old Hidekazu's signature that authorises military action, mobilises the central government's forces, and commands the mechanisms of the imperial bureaucracy.

History
- c. 1: the first Emperor, Yozo, is enthroned.
- c. 172: earliest record of wyvern domestication
- c. 206: earliest record of giant bird domestication
- 1115: Emperor Asuka I Fushicho enthroned; end of the Civil War.
- 1136: Emperor Kagakui I Fushicho enthroned
- 1138: Feudal lands confiscated;
- 1140: Emperor Asuka II Fushicho enthroned
- 1148: Emperor Asuka III Fushicho enthroned
- 1172: Emperor Okui I Fushicho enthroned
- 1201: Calendar reforms enacted, Imperial Calendar adopted across the nation
- 1203: Emperor Kagakui II Fushicho enthroned
- 1222: Emperor Okui II Fushicho enthroned
- 1266: Emperor Asuka IV Fushicho enthroned
- 1294: Emperor Kagakui III Fushicho enthroned
- 1296: Emperor Hirae Fushicho enthroned
- 1313: Emperor Ishiki Fushicho enthroned
- 1335: Emperor Okui III Fushicho enthroned
- 1336: General Tohgu Toshiroh O-hiwa leads a coup against the Imperial Household, supported by 36 vassal lords from across O-torii; the Emperor is allowed to retain his status, but political power is transferred to the Tohgu Clan, which establishes itself in the city of Yokoi.
- 1351: Tohgu Nagatoshi O-hiwa appointed Shogun
- 1355: Emperor Asuka V Fushicho enthroned
- 1372: Tohgu Nagaharu O-hiwa appointed Shogun
- 1379: Tohgu Ieharu O-hisui appointed Shogun
- 1396: Emperor Okui IV Fushicho enthroned
- 1402: Tohgu Iehisa O-hisui appointed Shogun
- 1434: Tohgu Ienobu O-hisui appointed Shogun; owing to his severe mental and physical disability, his retainer Saiga Hidekazu O-nosuri is appointed Regent to fulfil the shogun's duties in his stead.
- 1435: Emperor Asuka VI Fushicho enthroned
Current year: 1435

Population
Approx. 900,000

Standing Military Number

RP Sample
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=37583411#p37583411

Optional Information

Notable Groups
- Tohgu Clan: The Tohgu Clan consists of the main O-hisui line, as well as sixteen other collateral families. Since the 1336 Coup, O-torii has been governed largely by the shoguns of the Tohgu Clan, all descendants of the general who led the coup. The most recent three shoguns were disabled to some extent as a result of incest, with these disabilities most severe and apparent in the incumbent shogun, 22-year-old Tohgu Ienobu O-hisui; as a result, not only is the Tohgu Clan (and by extension, the Empire itself) managed by the shogun's top-ranked retainer Hidekazu, but rumours also abound of plots within the Tohgu Clan to overthrow the inbred O-hisui family to replace it with a stronger line.

- Najima Corps: Trained in the remote southern island of Najima, the Najima Corps were established in 1195, and are the finest military unit in O-torii, consisting of only 800 soldiers. They specialise in airborne warfare and long-range archery from atop wyverns and giant birds, and thus, are also the Empire's prime sky serpent slaying force, having taken down 275 out of the recorded 588 sky serpents documented to have been killed thus far. Commanded by General Okuda Goroh O-mozu, who has killed 18 sky serpents singlehandedly, the Najima Corps are unique among the 126 military units of O-torii in that they answer directly to the Emperor himself, rather than to the shogun, thereby making them a powerful asset in the struggle for power between the Imperial Household and the shogunate.

The Najima Corps are in possession of a Legendary Weapon: a bow known as the Ryusei-no-yumi (literally Shooting Star Bow). It is said that an arrow fired from the bow produces on impact a force akin to a meteorite striking the earth, and that wielding the bow for extended periods of time ages the user, such that overuse turns the user into a demon; as the bow has not been used for almost a thousand years, however, the rumours are as yet unverified. The Ryusei-no-yumi is housed in the underground keep of the Imperial Palace in O-fushicho-tomari.

Notable Characters
- Saiga Hidekazu O-nosuri: the 68-year-old Grand Regent. Hidekazu is the de-facto ruler of the Empire, as he makes political decisions in the stead of the mentally incapable shogun.

- Asuka VI Fushicho: The recently enthroned Emperor of O-torii. The 42-year-old Asuka VI appears to harbour a much greater political ambition than his predecessors did, though it is not clear if, when, or how he will strike against Hidekazu and the Tohgu Clan.

- Amano O-suzume: A commoner who trained under a lineage of martial and flying arts tracing all the way back to a legendary swordsman, the 66-year-old O-suzume is renowned and revered for having killed more sky serpents than any single person in the history of O-torii, with a grand total of 116 kills. Having retired just recently, retreating from the public eye into a remote hot spring resort, private serpent killers across the Empire are now scrambling to beat his record, including his 23-year-old son, Amano O-kawasemi.

Weapon Name
Ryusei-no-yumi
"Shooting Star Bow"

Type of Weapon
Bow

Description of Weapon
Less than 100 people alive have seen the Ryusei-no-yumi in person. Housed in the underground keep of the Imperial Palace and protected 24/7 by soldiers of the Najima Corps, the Ryusei-no-yumi is a bow said to be carved out of a shard of a cursed meteor that struck the earth two thousand years ago; it is described as having a body that is a deep silver, with an interleaving pattern of lamellae too intricate to have been carved even by the most skilled of craftsmen.

The string of the bow is replaced every sixteen years, and is manufactured exclusively by the Yumizuru Family, which has produced bowstrings for the Imperial Household and its bodyguard for the past 800 years.

Current Wielder or Location
The bow has not been used in battle for 700 years- its final user was Emperor Sumeragi (679 - 714), who wielded it in 698 and, with it, killed the very first sky serpent ever killed by a human. It is currently housed in the Imperial Palace in the capital of O-fushicho-tomari.

Special Properties
The Ryusei-no-yumi exponentially increases the force of any arrow that it fires to magnificent levels, causing impacts described in classical records as being "as unto a meteorite striking the earth" and "in the manner of lightning from the heavens". Arrows fired from the Shooting Star Bow burst into flames on impact, and at least one record exists of it vaporising a heavily-armoured soldier upon the arrow making contact with his armour.

This immense power comes with two great drawbacks:
  • Using the bow for longer periods of time requires exponentially larger amounts of energy. To even hold the bow for anything beyond two to three hours is to court an early death. Emperor Sumeragi himself was said to have been prematurely aged by the bow, becoming delirious in his final ten years of life and dying at the young age of 35.
  • The bow itself is highly fragile, and can only be fired a maximum of twenty times before snapping. Between uses, it must be quenched with cold water and left to "bathe" for at least one full night. A breadthwise line near the middle of the bow suggests that it had once snapped from overuse, and had to be reforged.

History of Weapon
Little is known about the Ryusei-no-yumi, aside from what has been recorded in historical documents kept in the Imperial Library. Forged in Imperial Year 26 by the legendary blacksmith Kotetsu, the bow was made out of a large meteorite that had landed at the base of the Narukami Mountains and crushed a shrine dedicated to the mountain god Ozan-no-kami. Since its forging, it has been protected as an imperial treasure, used only by a select few emperors and their trusted vassals.

A folktale about the bow, suppressed for many years first by the Imperial Household and then by the Tohgu Shogunate, is that the appearance of the sky serpents is retribution from the mountain god for the people of O-torii's sacrilegious act of forging a weapon from the very rock that destroyed his shrine. Few know enough about the legendary weapon to confirm or disprove this folktale.

Last edited by Nagakawa on Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:51 am, edited 8 times in total.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:48 am

Getting to work on two character apps now.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Gudmund
Envoy

Postby Gudmund » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:58 am

Mordka wrote:The Mordkan Republic would be glad to accept a branch in Mordka

Many thanks. By default, unless otherwise specified, a Dragon Order branch will just be somewhere in the nation's capital. Until more nations accept a Dragon Order branch, the whole organization will be located solely within Mordka.
Last edited by Gudmund on Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Civilisation:
Tier 8, Level 3, Type 7
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse