NATION

PASSWORD

Riches of a Thousand Kings [PT / TG-Interest]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Folaisia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Riches of a Thousand Kings [PT / TG-Interest]

Postby Folaisia » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:39 am

To the Most Appreciative Staff of the Folaisian Antiquities Society,

what was found in the Iraqi-Persian border is astounding! A resting caravan has somehow recovered of what remains to be an elephant headress and a radiant crown from inside a temple-like structure within the western edge of the Zagros Mountains. These could belong to a Seleucid king who was laid to rest there. Consequently, they may have discovered the possible ruins of the fabled Protusian Necropolis! There is no doubt that that conclusion has been reached!

An archaeological expedition to set up an excavation site to confirm this suspicion is recommended. Upon my return, I will write up a grant proposal that will give this the viability and vitality it requires. You can anticipate it to be submitted to the Society five days after my return. We may be on the verge on committing the greatest archaeological discovery since the Rosetta Stone, gentlemen. You can count on that!

With regards,
E. L. MacGumaraid

It is 1935, and a marvelous wonder is yet to be unconvered. The announcement of the exacavation had disseminated throughout every museum owned by the society. Every eager archaeologist was in on the opportunity, and for one enthusiastic woman, it was a dream come true.

The Protusian Necropolis was said to be cemetery city of immeasurable boundaries. Embedded within the western premises of the Zagros Mountains, the city held the tombs and treasures of every Seleucid king that had made a mark on his of her reign of their Empire. The more accomplished ones were recorded to have elaborate temples, to perceive them more as gods or godesses. Overtime, it became lost to time and legend, with the mountains providing a veil that not a single man could lift for more than a thousand years. But, thanks to an unintentional discovery, that veil will soon be lifted, and the riches of a thousand kings, as the city of the dead was suppposed to have possessed, is yet to be uncovered...
Last edited by Folaisia on Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Scottish kingdom in North America.

Other Nations: Avraland | Belesta | Joyonghea | Quen Minh

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:13 pm

A grey and rainy morning in Caloris in 1935. The streets were certainly as busy as ever though with people coming and going to various places of business or children off to school. Nestled on the corner of Corral Street was a little brownstone building nestled in with the various others. It looked rather unremarkable by most and well it almost kind of was. It was home to a little office of the Imperial University's history, anthropology and archeology department, a department that had fallen on hard times of late. First there was a bit of a blunder in Eastern Kuronami, what was thought to be a major discovery of the nation's ancient pre-Imperial history was actually not that historic, it was an elaborate hoax concocted by a shyster looking to take some easy money by setting up an expensive dig sight. Following that embarrassing kerfuffle, the new Dean of the University was anything but a history lover. His mind was "look forward not backward, upward, not downward and always spinning towards greatness! Who cares about some musty old bones and pots when there was far greater things to strive for? As such, the department had faced a lot of setbacks and cut in the last few years, honestly on its last legs on the verge of being ousted. Only thing that kept it alive and well was getting rid of any department required a unanimous vote from the board of governors of the University and there was one stubborn holdout, an older gentlemen by the name of Stephen Hill.

Mister Hill once chaired the department before being appointed to the board and beside that he still believed in the mission of it and the needed of proper history education in society, even if his colleagues didn't agree and felt the future is now! But this isn't Mister Hills story, it's his two undergrads, Allen Burns and Sophia Lauré. Allen was buried deep in the various books on hand in this dark and damp office as the rain patted against the window. Looking and searching for any clues for the next breakthrough, or otherwise write one helluva paper to get published somewhere. The creaky wooden door opened as Sophia stepped out of the rain, with some loud audible grumbles from having to deal with it. "Heavens, will the bloody spring time ever bring warmth or is it just going to be cold and rainy all the time?" she shook the excess water from the black umbrella she was carrying.

"Morning, Allen."

Allen quietly and distractedly repeated something of a 'hello' back. Sophia knew him well, he was absorbed in something he was usually preoccupied. "Oh heavens, Allen it's freezing in here. At least get up to stoke the fire every once in a while." She went over to the stove to see if she could get a bit more out of it. "Sophia, listen to this, old records suggest multiple villages once existed in the mountains between the Arkashi Ranges and the Sekiei Range before going leading into Joo Nam! This is incredible maybe this is the break we're looking for!"

"Allen, please think this through. For one, it's September, we're barely into spring; those mountains are going to be buried in meters upon meters of snow. Second off, no way the Department is going to have money for travel that involves harsh and rugged conditions. The expenses alone to gather camping equipment, a needed team and travel over the mountains to find something that remains hypothetical at best. Frankly if there was something there, Sakuragaoka College or Nakano University or Choonhae College would certainly have discovered it first." She removed her wet hat and pushed heir hair back. "We have about as much chance of finding something there was winning a free tropical vacation in the Southern Island Territories."

"I know with the right arguments I could convince Mr. Hill and the Dean and the Trustees to fund our expenditure Maybe I could even seek an Imperial Patronage."

"Maybe five people ever get an Audience with His Majesty the Emperor, you think a little backwater department on the brink is going to get it, think again. Honestly more I think about it more I'm ready to call it quits. You know my father does have all that land. Who says we couldn't finally settle up together?" she sat down in the chair next to him. "Would being a farmer be that terrible, really?"

"If I wanted that, I would have just stayed home in Landsbruck. Look obviously I got nothing against that but it's just not me. And I think it's not you either. We're not land smarts, we're book smarts."

She laughed "What does that even mean?"

"I'm just saying, we were meant for the world of academia. We love learning of the world around us, the greater things in life."

"Become a teacher, then? I do have my minor in education which I can shift my focus to and finish my degree. And for you it wouldn't take you long with your brilliance!"

He opened his mouth to argue back but before he could speak the door opened again and both stood up quickly wondering who had paid them an unexpected visit, wouldn't you know it, it was their greatest ally, Mister Hill himself. He was of course plenty dressed for the rainy drizzly weather a long black overcoat, a good hat. A certainly aged man, a fluffy beard, wrinkles for day. He had all the makings of the wise old mentor.

"Miss Lauré and Mister Burns, a fine morning it is, isn't it?" He said with a jovial voice. "My, a bit brisk in here, hope you aren't neglecting the heat." He also walked over to the stove to finish what Sophia began.

"Good morning, Mister Hill." They both wished him.

"To what do we owe the pleasure today, sir?" Sophia asked

"Well wanted to see how my favorite pupils were doing today." He chuckled in his gaspy wheezy way.

"Well besides the dreadful weather, fine." Sophia responded "Why don't I fix us some tea?"

"Splendid, idea little lady, let's do that!" He sat down asking Allen what he was up to and looking into, Allen did give his pitch but again it was shot down "Afraid just not possible."

"But sir, I know funds are tight but you do have friends at Sakuragaoka and Nakano, I'm sure you could even talk to some folks at Choonhae.."

"Son, son, forget it. You think you're the first to think upon this hypothesis you're off by more than a few degrees. Besides I have something else in mind, which is the real reason I came by today."

Sophia served up the tea and bread for them and took a seat herself. "Both of you. I have a lead on something just as interesting and groundbreaking. It will require some travel, I can help with some of that, the rest will come from you but I have a good feeling about this one."

"With all Due Respect Mister Hill," Sophia skeptically responded "You felt the same about that dig in Clarines which we all got taken for a ride on that."

"That's harsh but fair, Lass. But this one is different. A reliable friend of mine over in Folaisia wrote me about this one. He's never steered me wrong before. this could be very big for everybody involved. You have no idea the hoops i had to jump through to make it possible for even us to do it, including cozening up with the Duke and Duchess of Eylstadt. If I could have I would have gone all the way to The Imperial family if I could have."

"You didn't do anything...Inappropriate did you?" Sophia questioned

"Ohhoho my dear girl, surely you don't think of me as THAT sort of man. But come on, I want you both on this. If I were about 20 years younger I'd even go myself but I'll be here keeping the Dean at bay for a while longer. He's just waiting for me to kick the bucket so he can finally slash away with his mighty pen. Well I intend to live a hundred years more if it means sticking his face in the ink of his 250 Kronor fountain pen."

"Well if you have confidence and you went to all this trouble," Allen remarked "How could we say no?"

"I agree so what do you need us to do?"

"Well I booked your passages. The S.S. Adventurer departs tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock. Don't be late or you'll never get another chance at this."

"Tomorrow?" Sophia was shocked to hear, "Sir, we're still in the middle of Spring Semester, surely you know..."

"I'll take care of your instructors and all your course work Many owe me a few favors even. It may mean an extra year for the both of you true BUT, this could mean great things for you going forward. You two are bright and you will do amazing things I know. You only need a chance and someone to trust you. Well I trust you, I want you to have this chance. A chance I never got for myself. And think about the greater impact to come. For this University, this department, for Kuronami for your future children. The knowledge to be gained cannot be unstated here! You'll be in the history books with this one, I guarantee it!"

Allen and Sophia looked at each other then back at Mister Hill. They both smiled and nodded with a yes "Then here's a toast, to the greatest discovery to come!" They toasted to it with their teacups and now things were in motion. This was going to be a year they would never forget.
Last edited by Kuronami on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:37 am

Cafe Muhaajir, Dunkeld, Folaisia

Dior-bhorgàil Cairistìona MacRiada, known by her English name Dorothy, sits at a table in the fresh air, a warm cup of chai and an opened book dedicated to an anthropologist's studies on the Sikhs perched for her to keep residing in the realm of escape and imagination. She glances at her watch on occasion, and after looking at her surroundings, she resumed to take a sip from her cup and hold the book to her face. Her visage still conceals the sentiment of light impatience.

Neacal Diarmid MacRiada, known as Nicol, arrived at the street across the cafe. It did not take long to sight his waiting wife, whose curled orange hair stood out without even the shade to encompass it. He carresses his hair back and gives out a relieved sigh. He saunters over to her table, leaving his wife to turn her head up to see.

"You're late again, love," Dorothy indicated as she closes her book, "What's kept you?"

"Professor MacIonmhainn," Neacal answered, "We had this long talk about this study down in India, the collaborative effort that I've told you about. Turns out that the inscription of the pillars by Nagadatta were forged, and Dr. Brian Foirbeiseach is under trial for the matter. I was about to arrive there tomorrow as planned, until MacIonmhainn informed me of the affair. Needless to say, he had a lot of words to say after he first got the news."

"Well, there goes your trip," Dorothy sips on her coffee.

"Right down the fitchen1," he shakes his head before taking the cigarette off his mouth, "Speaking of which, have you received a letter from Dr. MacGumaraid?"

"I did," she nodded, "He seems convinced."

"As always of him," Nicol smokes from the cigarette again, "I can't help but wonder if this is one hell of a botch. He's now convinced that the Protusian Necropolis is somewhere in eastern Mesopotamia, hiding within the mountains just because a caravan found accessories in an underground temple. Accessories of which could be fake. I mean, the Necropolis hasn't been found in 1600 years. It's impossible to find then, and impossible to find now."

"Don't forget he was the one who found the Grand Stupa of Bhutasharman three years ago. That was something that no one said they could discover"

"I know, but that's one location and there was plenty of evidence to substantiate it. We're talking about a necropolis, here. Given the sources we have on this, that's of tremendous scale. And futhermore, it possesses legendary status. Any temple or group of temples in the mountains could be mistaken for it. Not to mention the fact that there's little to no trace of the place that could convince an experienced archaeologist that it's real."

"I believe him," Dorothy stated,

"You seem certain, lass."

"Seriously, I do. Look at the photographs he's sent me."

Dorothy places three pictures on the table. One picture is of an elephant scalp at its left side, and another at its right side; the headwear had decayed with its trunk and ears eroded as if forcefully torn by hand, but the trunks were still standing, as if it were in fresh condition. The third picture was of the radiant crown, though with apparent decaying spots, remained intact, it's spikes pointing in multiple directions from its base ring. With Dorothy's elucidations, Nicol gazed and nodded as he put up a little smirk.

"Now, tell me those are fake," Dorothy turned to her husband with a radiant smile, of whom sighed.

"Now, I'm convinced. Has he sent these pictures to the Society, yet?"

"Yes, he's told me already. I'll show you the letter to prove it."

Nicol then reads the letter before nodding and humming.

"So, when can we leave," he then asks.

"After the grant has been accepted, I say within two days."

"He also wrote of foreigners being in on this. That should make it exciting."

"Indeed. I'm excited already."

Dorothy and Nicol then sit for a while, conversing further about the blunder their colleague MacIonmhainn had to endure. After Dorothy finishes her chai, she took care of the expenses. Linking arms together, they went to the park near the St. Margaret Catholic Church, which is painted in blue and white.

Folaisian Antiquities Society, 8 Days Later

Upon arriving at the front plaza of the Society headquarters, the couple was talking with Dr. MacGumaraid about his venture in the Mesopotamian Republic (more specifically, in real-life Syria and Iraq). From the enthusiam displayed by Dorothy as compared to the calm stance of Nicol, they seemed to be like family with him; even their colleagues seemed to get the point. After all, they were his first students. As they ended the conversation, the Doctor turned to see his foreign and future partners arrive.

"Welcome, my friends from afar," he greeted, "Very nice to see you here!"

Dorothy and Nicol gazed at the new faces, intrigue shining in their eyes. They talked to each other without attracting their attention, speaking of their looks and impressions. Then, as they saw several of them come over to them, they greeted them in the same manner as their mentor.

"I hope your travel here wasn't to bad," Dorothy asked with the same radiant smile.

1. Right down the fitchen = (emotional) "I'm disappointed/angry/frustrated" or (describing the situation) "It's disappointing/frustrating/annoying"; "fitchen": portmanteau for "f***ed" and "kitchen"
Last edited by Folaisia on Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm

As promised to their loyal Chairman, Allen and Sophia set out to the open seas on the little steamer, the S.S. Adventurer. While hardly a little junker tug, it wasn't exactly the biggest lap of luxury, it was a few decades old with an attempted retrofit to more modern style but the paste job did show a little through the seams. But it was affordable for the two students on a very tight budget so it would have to do, no sense complaining, that was until the voyage grew rough and unpleasant for a vast majority of it. Allen held fine but Sophia was anything but thrilled, her mind wandering between how sick will I continue to be to is this ship going to go under and take me with it? Well it didn't they arrived as planned, on schedule, surprisingly! As instructed they found their way to the Folaisian Antiquities Society to meet a few of their colleagues on this expedition. A few pleasantries exchanged, and introductions made, "I'm Allen and this is Sophia. Thank you for bringing us along on this, we understand it must have taken a lot of careful planning and having a couple of University students on last minute, would add to the complexities."

"Well to be honest," Sophia responded to Dorothy, "It was okay at first then the weather turned simply dreadful a few days in. I'm afraid I'm not seafarer so I had a harder time. It's just good to be back on dry land again for a while. Hopefully a long while."

"But important thing is, we made it" Allen added. "Anyway, Sophia and I both have studied and worked in the fields of archeology and anthropology. Sophia having the specialty in Anthropology. I'm okay in that but really Sophia here she'll write up the perfect dissertation about any culture and history you want to know about."

"Also quite skilled with a typewriter if that helps."

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:32 am

Kuronami wrote:"I'm Allen and this is Sophia. Thank you for bringing us along on this, we understand it must have taken a lot of careful planning and having a couple of University students on last minute, would add to the complexities."

As the Kuronamians finished their introductions, the Doctor excused himself to head into the Headquarters to the board room. As he headed off, he gave off a smile that made him look like your average villain. That left them to scoff, but with his optimism and excitedness displaying from his intriguing charm, it felt reassuring; the only things missing that would exude this further are the fez, scarf and camel. Once he left their presence, they resumed chatting.

"Oh, and don't thank us," replied Nicol as he motioned to Dr. MacGumaraid who was about to enter the building after talking with another colleague, "Thank our mentor over there. He's got us on this crazy adventure. And no worries, you're just time for the celebration, if his grant doesn't get rejected of course."

"Come on, dear. Don't scare them," Dorothy patted on his back, "You'll have to excuse my husband. He's not really convinced of this venture. Even when showing the photographs our mentor sent over, he still retains his doubts about the place actually existing. But regardless, it doesn't hurt to take a wee glance at it. After all, the doctor's seen it himself, and we got a location. And even so, having that uncertainty is a risk that all archaeologists must take. Isn't that right," she then turned to the Kuronamians.

"Of course," Nicol shrugged.

"And if we do find it and we will, it'll be something that we can remember for the rest of our lives, and that's something I'm counting for."

Kuronami wrote:"Well to be honest," Sophia responded to Dorothy, "It was okay at first then the weather turned simply dreadful a few days in. I'm afraid I'm not seafarer so I had a harder time. It's just good to be back on dry land again for a while. Hopefully a long while."

"But important thing is, we made it" Allen added.

She cringed.

"We have to charter a ship unfortunately. Airline travel these days cannot accomodate all the materials and people involved in one run, and not to mention it's not proliferated through the country, if not the world. So, you're going to have to bear with your seasickness for a while, lassie, and twice at that."

Kuronami wrote:"Anyway, Sophia and I both have studied and worked in the fields of archeology and anthropology. Sophia having the specialty in Anthropology. I'm okay in that but really Sophia here she'll write up the perfect dissertation about any culture and history you want to know about."

"Also quite skilled with a typewriter if that helps."

"I specialize in both anthropology and archaeology," Dorothy replied, "Although for the latter, I focus more on Seleucidology, or studies on the Seleucid Empire. And let me tell you something, Ms. Sophie. When you learn more about it, you will be engrossed in it. Much more than your previous dissertations can handle, haha. I written my master's thesis on the synthesis of Greek culture in Mesopotamia during and after the rule of Alexander Zabinas, and needless to say, I had to put aside my husband sometimes to get my ideas on 60 pages of paper," she chuckled.

"I on the other hand have a degree in general archaeology," Nicol said, "I do research on cultures beside the Seleucids, which gives me more perspective on how the ancient world is like. Makes me feel like an athropologist in a way," he smiled.

"And that's good," Dorothy replied and nodded to Sophia, "We can use more typists here. There's going to be a real load of field documents when the whole place gets uncovered."

Mervay
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Mervay » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:12 am

Royal University of Asteria
1935, Mervay

Certainly times are moving on and changing, we're now back into a new era, the world is moving fast and Mervay wasn't the exception. It was a calm night around the city of Asteria, the city seemed to rest around all corners compared to it's usual magic around it in both the old and new cities, perhaps; that had to do with the fact that it was way late, almost getting to 6:00 AM; in a weekend.

Professor Adrien Von Jäger always was present so early in his office, even today, in a saturday. It was like if work was always important to him and so to perfect himself. He had a reputation of being a merciless teacher and someone strict, his eyes were cold as ice; but make no mistake, to those he was close to he was a warm person, very caring too. Of course his main role in this story comes related to him being an archaeologist and historian -And a one at it from Mervay- and recently today he had great news.

Through some contacts he had in Folaisia, he was told that a caravan found something that would be worth to research and study, something thought to be long gone, a legend... The Protusian Necropolis of the Selucid Empire.

His eyes raised at the news and were shocked by the revelation. There was no way that he could miss the greatest opportunity of being able to witness at first hand such discovery, no, no. He had to travel to witness if this was the greatest discovery of the century or; if it was a false alarm. He just had to talk about his absence and set everything ready before taking an airship to Folaisia...

Five Days Later
Folaisian Antiquities Society

And here it was, the place which discovered the Selucid Necropolis. Hopefully they would find what they were searching for quickly. His eyes were looked in the rest of his colleagues; the hosts, the Foilasians and some Kuronamians, interesting group to say at least. He just focused in hearing their talk before he would reply to the question that it was asked to everyone.

He smiled respectfully at Dorothy and company before reply to that.

"Thankfully it wasn't Ma'am, the travel through Airship was nice thankfully..." He replied warmly in respect before bowing and presenting himself. "Professor Lorentz Von Jäger from the Royal University of Asteria; archaeologist and historian at your service. I apologize for my manners of not presenting myself and I look foward to work with you all..."

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:28 pm

Mervay wrote:He smiled respectfully at Dorothy and company before reply to that.

"Thankfully it wasn't Ma'am, the travel through Airship was nice thankfully..." He replied warmly in respect before bowing and presenting himself. "Professor Lorentz Von Jäger from the Royal University of Asteria; archaeologist and historian at your service. I apologize for my manners of not presenting myself and I look foward to work with you all..."

"It's alright," Dorothy replied, smiling radiantly, "My name is Dorothy, Gaelic name aside, Seleucidologist and anthropologist. I'm looking forward to working with you, indeed! Also, you say you arrived here by airship. How's that like? I never tried it before. I heard it's a pleasant ride like an ocean liner, but really expensive in fares."

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:33 pm

Sophia sighed a bit, knowing again she'd have to spend time on the sea. She would have been thrilled with just a train ride. "Well, it is what it is."

"You'll be fine. You're a tough one." Allen consoled her. "Either way, rest assured we're all ready." It wasn't long before another party entered a man from another far off land no doubt. Allen and Sophia took their time to introduce themselves to Professor Von Jäger. "The feeling is mutual, Professor. Glad to have you aboard." Allen responded to him.

"Yes, a fine pleasure."

Mervay
Ambassador

Postby Mervay » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:54 am

Folaisia wrote:"It's alright," Dorothy replied, smiling radiantly, "My name is Dorothy, Gaelic name aside, Seleucidologist and anthropologist. I'm looking forward to working with you, indeed! Also, you say you arrived here by airship. How's that like? I never tried it before. I heard it's a pleasant ride like an ocean liner, but really expensive in fares."

Kuronami wrote:Sophia sighed a bit, knowing again she'd have to spend time on the sea. She would have been thrilled with just a train ride. "Well, it is what it is."

"You'll be fine. You're a tough one." Allen consoled her. "Either way, rest assured we're all ready." It wasn't long before another party entered a man from another far off land no doubt. Allen and Sophia took their time to introduce themselves to Professor Von Jäger. "The feeling is mutual, Professor. Glad to have you aboard." Allen responded to him.

"Yes, a fine pleasure."

"It's nice. Albeit I wouldn't recommended it if you're scared to heights..." It was something that should be said since they weren't for everyone, albeit they were faster. But still, he was looking foward to work with Dorothy and company from here and abroad.

Said company was in form from Kuronami, to which he smiled warmly, showing that caring side for someone with cold eyes.

"Then we won't have a problem dear sir..." Lorentz smiled warmly before focusing back on business.

"So. How was the Necropolis from the Selucids discovered?? I mean by now it was a legend in history..."

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:44 pm

Mervay wrote:"It's nice. Albeit I wouldn't recommended it if you're scared to heights..." It was something that should be said since they weren't for everyone, albeit they were faster. But still, he was looking foward to work with Dorothy and company from here and abroad.

"So. How was the Necropolis from the Selucids discovered?? I mean by now it was a legend in history..."

"A temple was apparently uncovered by a transport caravan that was heading in from Persia two and a half weeks ago," Dorothy recounted, "And this was located some miles from the city of Said Sadiq. According to Dr. MacGumaraid, while they were resting, two of them, teenagers, went inside and found an elephant headdress and a radiant crown sitting in a dim corridor; those are adornments that were worn more frequently during the Pax Seleucus era. They then brought them to Hosseinia, where MacGumaraid was staying to further uncover more material at the Asteusis ruins nearby. One afternoon on the day after, MacGumaraid caught the same teenagers wearing them while walking to the bazaar to buy some delicacies. Noting the adornments' qualities, he inquired them further on where they found it. Soon enough, he managed to convince the caravan leader to lead him to that location. After taking several looks around that temple and beyond, MacGumaraid became convinced that Protusia was hiding in plain sight in and around this Iraqi city."

Dr. MacGumaraid sat across the secretary's office of the Board of Directors. Just beyond the secretary to the right is the board room, where the directors were discussing the final verdict for the grant. He twidles his thumbs around and gazes at them, glancing around whenever he feels the need. With nothing else to keep him busy, all he could do was reside in the ambience of the spacious hall and the audible steps of people passing by and greeting him. This continued until the secretary's door silently creaked open.

"Dr. MacGumaraid," the middle-aged secretary called out.

Rising up, he adjusts his suit and takes a deep breath. He walks in and is directed right to the board room, its door remaining open. As he entered, the directors stood up as they greeted, and sitting down, they discussed the status of the grant. But one thing is for sure: the grant placed far away from the doctor was stamped as "APPROVED."

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:41 am

Sophia pulled a small pad of paper from her bag to make notes on. "It sounds as though this was discovered a little time ago. I assume not long but no doubt a significant time. Have we managed to secure the site at least? Prevent potential plunders would be important if we intend to find anything while out there. Also there's the matter of divvying up the artifacts between us."

"Sophia, time for that will be later."

"Oh right, of course, that in good time."

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:39 am

Kuronami wrote:Sophia pulled a small pad of paper from her bag to make notes on. "It sounds as though this was discovered a little time ago. I assume not long but no doubt a significant time. Have we managed to secure the site at least? Prevent potential plunders would be important if we intend to find anything while out there. Also there's the matter of divvying up the artifacts between us."

The couple chuckled at Sophia's concerns, eyeing each other as if to say "this lassie's a smart one."

"Just like your colleague said, it's for later," Dorothy smiled, "But, we'll eventually secure it. Potential plunders, however, I doubt they would happen. Protusia's veil hasn't been lifted for over fifteen hundred years until now, so the artifacts there would be left untouched. We'll have a good chance to find lots of them, that's for sure," she winked.

"Or better yet, old corpses," Nicol chimed in, which seems to make Dorothy take a deep sigh.

"Anyways, don't worry. The necropolis will be untouched by the time we get there."

Mervay
Ambassador

Postby Mervay » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 am

Folaisia wrote:"A temple was apparently uncovered by a transport caravan that was heading in from Persia two and a half weeks ago," Dorothy recounted, "And this was located some miles from the city of Said Sadiq. According to Dr. MacGumaraid, while they were resting, two of them, teenagers, went inside and found an elephant headdress and a radiant crown sitting in a dim corridor; those are adornments that were worn more frequently during the Pax Seleucus era. They then brought them to Hosseinia, where MacGumaraid was staying to further uncover more material at the Asteusis ruins nearby. One afternoon on the day after, MacGumaraid caught the same teenagers wearing them while walking to the bazaar to buy some delicacies. Noting the adornments' qualities, he inquired them further on where they found it. Soon enough, he managed to convince the caravan leader to lead him to that location. After taking several looks around that temple and beyond, MacGumaraid became convinced that Protusia was hiding in plain sight in and around this Iraqi city."

Dr. MacGumaraid sat across the secretary's office of the Board of Directors. Just beyond the secretary to the right is the board room, where the directors were discussing the final verdict for the grant. He twidles his thumbs around and gazes at them, glancing around whenever he feels the need. With nothing else to keep him busy, all he could do was reside in the ambience of the spacious hall and the audible steps of people passing by and greeting him. This continued until the secretary's door silently creaked open.

"Dr. MacGumaraid," the middle-aged secretary called out.

Rising up, he adjusts his suit and takes a deep breath. He walks in and is directed right to the board room, its door remaining open. As he entered, the directors stood up as they greeted, and sitting down, they discussed the status of the grant. But one thing is for sure: the grant placed far away from the doctor was stamped as "APPROVED."

Kuronami wrote:Sophia pulled a small pad of paper from her bag to make notes on. "It sounds as though this was discovered a little time ago. I assume not long but no doubt a significant time. Have we managed to secure the site at least? Prevent potential plunders would be important if we intend to find anything while out there. Also there's the matter of divvying up the artifacts between us."

Folaisia wrote:The couple chuckled at Sophia's concerns, eyeing each other as if to say "this lassie's a smart one."

"Just like your colleague said, it's for later," Dorothy smiled, "But, we'll eventually secure it. Potential plunders, however, I doubt they would happen. Protusia's veil hasn't been lifted for over fifteen hundred years until now, so the artifacts there would be left untouched. We'll have a good chance to find lots of them, that's for sure," she winked.

"Or better yet, old corpses," Nicol chimed in, which seems to make Dorothy take a deep sigh.

"Anyways, don't worry. The necropolis will be untouched by the time we get there."

Just like Sophia was doing, Professor Von Jäger also decided to take note of all he could hear from the Folaisian couple. What they were hearing was they found artifacts of the Pax Seleucus era and how they found the artifacts and the possible discovery of the lost city. If what they were saying was right the Necropolis must be around the Shahrizor Plain if it wasn't hiddend there.

While the work of secure the site would be for later, she did had a point about the the possible plunders. However hopefully they won't found them during all their journey.

"You might be right in that it will be untouched, hopefully we will be able to get there quickly." Lorentz sighed, hopefully they find what they are going for. Better pray those who discovered it hasn't told anyone else about it.

"When we will be sailing away to Iraq if I may ask??"

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:56 am

Mervay wrote:
Just like Sophia was doing, Professor Von Jäger also decided to take note of all he could hear from the Folaisian couple. What they were hearing was they found artifacts of the Pax Seleucus era and how they found the artifacts and the possible discovery of the lost city. If what they were saying was right the Necropolis must be around the Shahrizor Plain if it wasn't hiddend there.

While the work of secure the site would be for later, she did had a point about the the possible plunders. However hopefully they won't found them during all their journey.

"You might be right in that it will be untouched, hopefully we will be able to get there quickly." Lorentz sighed, hopefully they find what they are going for. Better pray those who discovered it hasn't told anyone else about it.

"When we will be sailing away to Iraq if I may ask??"

"Well, given the scale of this excavation, I'd say in about two days after the grant is accepted alongside the permits of approval from both antiquity departments in here and that of the Mesopotamian Republic," answered Nicol, "We have to gather and load the equipment provided here, and distribute tickets to everyone in this venture."

MacGumaraid saunters to the front doors to meet with his colleagues gathered outside. His visage remained reserved, despite the happiness concealed. Once crossing the threshold, he stops at the head of the stairs and awaits for all eyes to be on him. He takes a mollifying deep breath as he glaced around at the crowd. He raises his arms in quick speed, up to the sky as if to praise God in the open air. In his right hand are permits from not only the Antiquities Department, but also that of the Iraq Museum.

"IT'S OURS," he exclaimed with joy. Silence befell among the colleagues for a while, before they applauded. The doctor's somehow sinister cackle emerged from his voice in short time, which garnered incredulous expressions, at least among the new ones. It was a trait that was familiar to his long-time friends and acquaintances.

"Yeah, he laughs like that," indicated Dorothy.

"You might even wonder if he's scammed people before," added Nicol.

Atlantic Ocean, Two Days Later, Night

SS Ephesus in 1932

After the preparations were done, the expedition settled in their separate staterooms before the vessel traversed across the Atlantic from the country into the Mediterranean and into Beirut. The vessel provided accomodations that can make one feel at home on land for an indefinite amount of time. Their rooms' walls were made of oak with a separator to segregate the sexes while having both share the entire room with each other; although with few females involved, more rooms were occupied by all men. Mahogany furniture was prevalent, with comfortable sofas and beds that can induce one to sleep on them if need be. Finally, linoleum was present on the floors, giving them a more homely sentiment.

The second-class library

The second-class library at the side of the bow was designed as a study room, an appropriate environment for the expedition. Tiles and wallpapers of Greek or Mediterranean abtsract patterns colored blue, black, white and mahogany embroidered the interior, and wooden columns of Ionic design stood holding the ceiling decorated with rows and columns of ancient Greek symbols. Shelves of books were embedded into the walls accordingly, with a wallpaper of an elaborate pattern placed on the top side of their facades.

Two tables were pulled in to accomodate as many members as it could. Dorothy, Nicol, MacGumaraid, Sophia, Allen, Von Jäger and several colleagues sat at the tables, with MacGumaraid and the couple facing a sideboard further across with two little statues of Zeus and Athena (at the right side of the above picture), with the leftovers sitting at or next to the study table (first table at the right side). As the night carried on, they discussed among themselves.

"I wish we could afford first-class travel, so that we could sit at their lounge," asked Dorothy, "It's breathtaking!"

"Well, we would be spending much more money than need be," replied MacGumaraid as he sips his tea, "As soon as we uncover this, you'll be able to afford it," he smiled.

"If we manage to uncover more temples and tombs," Nicol chimed.

"Of course," nodded MacGumaraid, "But, they're out there. I feel it."

Nicol nods, and goes back to reading a book on the Necropolis, titled Protusia: Antiquity's Greatest Mystery.
Last edited by Folaisia on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am

"Then I'd say we'll have a great expedition!" Andrew was excited all right, this was surely the chance of a lifetime and no doubt it took a lot for their mentor to get them on this. They would owe him big when they got back to Kuronami.

Well the big day had come when they were departing for their site. They boarded SS Ephesus Sophia wasn't excited about having to be on the sea again, "Bloody hell, God help me if I get seasick again." But now a good two days into the trip on the seas, things were actually going much better this time than their journey to Floaisia. Their quarters on this were far more spacious than the little cabin on the modified 1888 cruiser that they arrived on, this was more up to date. This ships' accommodations were actually rather nice compared. Really this was better than how they arrived.

"Well here we are two days and you're fit as a fiddle, Sophia" Allen gave her a hearty slap on her back

"Well, I had my doubts," Sophia replied "but this isn't so bad this time around. And it's been calmer compared to our journey form Kuronami."

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:43 am

Kuronami wrote:"Then I'd say we'll have a great expedition!" Andrew was excited all right, this was surely the chance of a lifetime and no doubt it took a lot for their mentor to get them on this. They would owe him big when they got back to Kuronami.

Well the big day had come when they were departing for their site. They boarded SS Ephesus Sophia wasn't excited about having to be on the sea again, "Bloody hell, God help me if I get seasick again." But now a good two days into the trip on the seas, things were actually going much better this time than their journey to Floaisia. Their quarters on this were far more spacious than the little cabin on the modified 1888 cruiser that they arrived on, this was more up to date. This ships' accommodations were actually rather nice compared. Really this was better than how they arrived.

"Well here we are two days and you're fit as a fiddle, Sophia" Allen gave her a hearty slap on her back

"Well, I had my doubts," Sophia replied "but this isn't so bad this time around. And it's been calmer compared to our journey form Kuronami."

Dorothy could not help but eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Hey, that's right," Dorothy enthusiastically smiled, "You're not as quirky as you were last time, Sophie. Glad you're finding the sojourn enjoyable."

"You're enduring this well enough. That's good," Nicol complimented, "Hopefully, for a completely smoother trip, we won't encounter a storm on our way to the Mediterranean."

"Don't scare her now, dear."

"What? I'm only saying we hope we don't encounter a storm."

"The way you say it though..."

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:22 pm

"Oh heavens me." She sighed a heavy sigh. "I'm a girl from the city not a sailor by any stretch. Our trip form Kuronami was plagued by endlessly stormy seas so it's the last thing I need right about now."

"But you held tough, Sophia." Allen praised her "I know you're gonna do great with whatever comes our way."

"I suppose you're right, Allen. Well I'll have to put up with it. The expedition and what it means for our Department back home is worth it in the end. I don't suppose you're aware but our little department is a bit on the fritz right now. Deep risk of losing all funding which means the end for Allen and I as explorers of the natural world around us. It means a lot that we're along for the trip here so we thank you again."

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:19 am

Kuronami wrote:"Oh heavens me." She sighed a heavy sigh. "I'm a girl from the city not a sailor by any stretch. Our trip form Kuronami was plagued by endlessly stormy seas so it's the last thing I need right about now."

"But you held tough, Sophia." Allen praised her "I know you're gonna do great with whatever comes our way."

"I suppose you're right, Allen. Well I'll have to put up with it. The expedition and what it means for our Department back home is worth it in the end. I don't suppose you're aware but our little department is a bit on the fritz right now. Deep risk of losing all funding which means the end for Allen and I as explorers of the natural world around us. It means a lot that we're along for the trip here so we thank you again."

"No need to thank me, lassie," Dorothy replied, "thank our mentor here. He's the one that got you here the first place."

"Ah, yes," MacGumaraid nodded, "Your superior, Mr. Hill, mentioned to me about your problem, and it is a pity that your department's in that predicament," he sighs, "I must admit right now that I have my career on the line for this, and I'm set to lose it all if this doesn't go as planned," he sighs and then pats on the table, "But, I know it's out there, the whole city, and we'll receive much more than we can think of. You can count on that, you two," he gives a thumbs up and winks.

"Anyways, ladies and gentlemen," he announces to the party as he pulled up the map, "Let's get down to business. Once we've landed in Berytus, we will meet up with a Greco-Serbian team lead by Dr. Galanellis and secure our equipment together, before heading to Baghdad. There, we will link up with the team from the Baghdad National Museum lead by Dr. Al-Bashir that should be prepared before our arrival, and finally into the Shahrizor Plain to start excavating. Rest assured, the Livanosian Provincial Government has taken care of transportation, much thanks to the Greek doctor. Not much of a wee hassle, now, right?"

"This is real exorbitant, doctor," a colleague sighed, "I never you bring up this much people into this scheme. It's too much."

"Yes, but who can miss out on this? The greatest discovery in the history of the world, and we alone get the spoils?"

"Not too mention the Greeks," said another, "You know how devious they can get."

"Oh, you're spitting the piss here. Dr. Galanellis is a good friend of mine, and he would never do such a thing. So, stick your paranoia up your ass for the last time, will you?"

The rest of the party discussed questions with the MacGumaraid further into the night.

Mervay
Ambassador

Postby Mervay » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:36 am

So here they were. The SS Ephesus, this ship would take them across the atlantic to their destiny, Beirut. Well it wasn't their destiny since they still had to get to Irak and for that part of the travel they would meet with a greco-serbian team, secure their equipment and head to Baghdad and link up with the team from the Baghdad National Museum to then finally get into Shahrizor Plain and begin the excavation that was needed to find Protusia from what Professor MacGumaraid told them later on.

Lorentz glared calmly as he noticed the rest of the members from the excavation on their things for a bit before, it appeared Sophia wasn't fond of the seas considering her evident disdain for sea travel and from what he could hear not only from her and her friend, but also from what Professor MacGumaraid, it seemed most of them had something on line either their entire department or their careers which meant this was an all or nothing. To be honest he would get into the same predicament soon if this expedition doesn't go well too considering the state of affairs of the world; so he had to give results no matter what.

He had on his side books of Seleucus XI Reign up to the Bosucheonic Wars, focusing on them while making sure to hear what the professor said. The party talking about various questions with the doctor all the way to the night. One of those questions at least would be Professor Von Jäger.

"If I may ask Doctor MacGumaraid." He asked while his eyes left the book he was reading about. "Will the provintial government provide any security or so for the excavation considering or is that to our own devices??"

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:35 am

Mervay wrote:So here they were. The SS Ephesus, this ship would take them across the atlantic to their destiny, Beirut. Well it wasn't their destiny since they still had to get to Irak and for that part of the travel they would meet with a greco-serbian team, secure their equipment and head to Baghdad and link up with the team from the Baghdad National Museum to then finally get into Shahrizor Plain and begin the excavation that was needed to find Protusia from what Professor MacGumaraid told them later on.

Lorentz glared calmly as he noticed the rest of the members from the excavation on their things for a bit before, it appeared Sophia wasn't fond of the seas considering her evident disdain for sea travel and from what he could hear not only from her and her friend, but also from what Professor MacGumaraid, it seemed most of them had something on line either their entire department or their careers which meant this was an all or nothing. To be honest he would get into the same predicament soon if this expedition doesn't go well too considering the state of affairs of the world; so he had to give results no matter what.

He had on his side books of Seleucus XI Reign up to the Bosucheonic Wars, focusing on them while making sure to hear what the professor said. The party talking about various questions with the doctor all the way to the night. One of those questions at least would be Professor Von Jäger.

"If I may ask Doctor MacGumaraid." He asked while his eyes left the book he was reading about. "Will the provintial government provide any security or so for the excavation considering or is that to our own devices??"

"Ah, good question," replied MacGumaraid, "It won't be the provincial government, but that of the Baghdad and Suleimania District Governments, courtesy of our Baghdadi friends. We will have about 250 in total on our endeavor. May not sound like much, but it is sufficient enough."

He then eyes the books the Professor was reading.

"I see you're reading a book about Seleucus XI. Finding it interesting?"

Mervay
Ambassador

Postby Mervay » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 am

Folaisia wrote:"Ah, good question," replied MacGumaraid, "It won't be the provincial government, but that of the Baghdad and Suleimania District Governments, courtesy of our Baghdadi friends. We will have about 250 in total on our endeavor. May not sound like much, but it is sufficient enough."

He then eyes the books the Professor was reading.

"I see you're reading a book about Seleucus XI. Finding it interesting?"

Well, that was a relief. At least that means that they won't have to worry about security in the Necropolis if so.

"That helps a lot doctor, at least one thing out for sure." Lorentz sighed in relief about it. He then heard MacGumaraid ask about if he found something interesting in Seleucus XI, which was remembered as one of the great monarchs of the empire and creator of the Protusian Necropolis. "Indeed sir; he passed on as a great monarch for the empire citzens and the creator of the Protusian Necropolis. So perhaps we find more information about him there if all goes well."

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:20 pm

With the The SS Ephesus sailing on through the night and business continuing among everyone. Sophia had to excuse herself after a while to lay down feeling the impending bout of sea sickness. It wasn't too much longer Allen had to go onto check her "I'll go see to Sophia, please excuse me." He excused himself from the party to find Sophia down in the bunk. She was ready to settle in for the night, feeling absolutely dreadful. "Tell me it's my imagination, Allen but it does feel as though it's rougher."

"I haven't noticed to be honest but it could be."

"Oh dear, oh dear. I told you seas are not my forte. I don't know how a country boy like you takes to them so well either."

"Luck I suppose. But you're feeling this sick now what if we do hit a storm along the way?"

"Then best put me out of my misery now. You haven't heard anything have you?"

"No just saying." He chuckled

"Always the jokester you are. Well no need to fuss over me, I'm just going to go to bed and hope I settle by morning. You should continue to get the details about the excavation at least."

"You sure? I really can stay with you."

"We've been held up in the same cabin now for weeks on end, how you are not tired of me I don't understand."

"Guess that's how I feel about ya." He patted her head "All right then, rest I'll see you in the morning." He did kiss her and took off her glasses for her leaving the cabin and returning to the others.

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:30 am

Mervay wrote:Well, that was a relief. At least that means that they won't have to worry about security in the Necropolis if so.

"That helps a lot doctor, at least one thing out for sure." Lorentz sighed in relief about it. He then heard MacGumaraid ask about if he found something interesting in Seleucus XI, which was remembered as one of the great monarchs of the empire and creator of the Protusian Necropolis. "Indeed sir; he passed on as a great monarch for the empire citzens and the creator of the Protusian Necropolis. So perhaps we find more information about him there if all goes well."

"That we will," MacGumaraid nodded, "And when we find his Mortuary Temple, the rewards will be much greater. We'll even find numerous relics and treasures from the tributes and gifts of the Empire's peoples and his conquests from the Tryphonic Wars, which is going to be exciting. Oh, even more exciting, we'll find his larnax, where legend says that it contains his royal ring of pure sapphire in a compartment below his ashes. And it's also said that that ring possesses some magical power due to its blessing by Athena herself. Isn't that thrilling?"

His eyes widened for a bit from recounting the facts.

"Don't curse us already, Doctor," chuckled a colleague.

"I'm a confirmed Catholic, Professor. God will keep watch over us."

"Sure hope so."

"Anyways," MacGumaraid turned back to Lorentz, "We'll find things like that."

Kuronami wrote:With the The SS Ephesus sailing on through the night and business continuing among everyone. Sophia had to excuse herself after a while to lay down feeling the impending bout of sea sickness. It wasn't too much longer Allen had to go onto check her "I'll go see to Sophia, please excuse me." He excused himself from the party to find Sophia down in the bunk. She was ready to settle in for the night, feeling absolutely dreadful. "Tell me it's my imagination, Allen but it does feel as though it's rougher."

"I haven't noticed to be honest but it could be."

"Oh dear, oh dear. I told you seas are not my forte. I don't know how a country boy like you takes to them so well either."

"Luck I suppose. But you're feeling this sick now what if we do hit a storm along the way?"

"Then best put me out of my misery now. You haven't heard anything have you?"

"No just saying." He chuckled

"Always the jokester you are. Well no need to fuss over me, I'm just going to go to bed and hope I settle by morning. You should continue to get the details about the excavation at least."

"You sure? I really can stay with you."

"We've been held up in the same cabin now for weeks on end, how you are not tired of me I don't understand."

"Guess that's how I feel about ya." He patted her head "All right then, rest I'll see you in the morning." He did kiss her and took off her glasses for her leaving the cabin and returning to the others.

Dorothy and Nicol watched as Sophia lay down on a couch, with Dorothy audibly sighing. As Andrew excused himself to escort Sophia back to their cabin, the couple nodded before talking among themselves.

"Poor Sophia," Dorothy said, "Guess she's not too durable thanks to you."

"It was a joke, dear. I never meant to say that we're going to encounter such," Nicol replied.

"Yeah, but your tone makes it say otherwise. In fact, it always does with your jokes. I think it's best that you cease making them for the time being."

"Of course, dear," he shrugs.

A moment passed by before Andrew made himself present in the library. With Nicol informing Dorothy as she was talking with her colleauges, she turned with eyes gleaming with eagerness.

"Nice to see you here, Andrew," Dorothy greeted, "Pity that Sophie couldn't stay for long. Hope she'll be alright by then. Anyways, what do you say we head out of the library and take a walk about the ship? I'm kind of tired of having to stay here."
Last edited by Folaisia on Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:22 pm

Folaisia wrote:Dorothy and Nicol watched as Sophia lay down on a couch, with Dorothy audibly sighing. As Andrew excused himself to escort Sophia back to their cabin, the couple nodded before talking among themselves.

"Poor Sophia," Dorothy said, "Guess she's not too durable thanks to you."

"It was a joke, dear. I never meant to say that we're going to encounter such," Nicol replied.

"Yeah, but your tone makes it say otherwise. In fact, it always does with your jokes. I think it's best that you cease making them for the time being."

"Of course, dear," he shrugs.

A moment passed by before Andrew made himself present in the library. With Nicol informing Dorothy as she was talking with her colleauges, she turned with eyes gleaming with eagerness.

"Nice to see you here, Andrew," Dorothy greeted, "Pity that Sophie couldn't stay for long. Hope she'll be alright by then. Anyways, what do you say we head out of the library and take a walk about the ship? I'm kind of tired of having to stay here."

Andrew smiled "She'll be okay. A long night's rest is what she needs and plenty of time on dry land when that day arrives and we're able to shore up. A walk around sounds pretty nice, I agree so I'd be glad to join you."

Folaisia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Folaisia » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:46 am

Kuronami wrote:Andrew smiled "She'll be okay. A long night's rest is what she needs and plenty of time on dry land when that day arrives and we're able to shore up. A walk around sounds pretty nice, I agree so I'd be glad to join you."

Dorothy and Nicol delibrated for a while on where to roam around, and soon after, they headed down the hall.

"It's a nice night out," Nicol said, looking out the windows.

"Except for that storm there," Dorothy responded as she pointed out a black, tall mass of clouds. Flashes emitted from its bottom with its thunder barely audible, but steadily the mass creeped closer to the vessel, as if it were actually crawling.

"Well, there goes going to the outside. And I know a better place where we can talk," Dorothy winked to the two men.

The first-class lobby

The group stopped by at the entrance to the first-class lobby. An officer was guarding it, and upon seeing the group, he halted them. However, he never stopped Dorothy from heading to him and present a handful of Folaisian pounds as she put on a cheerful smile. After contemplating, the officer dug the money deep into his pockets as he glanced around, and informed the group that they can stay for a limited time. Dorothy nodded, and lead the group forward to pick a seat.

The lobby was a sight to behold to any passenger. It was like a palace in ancient times. Embroidered with columns, paintings of Greek deities, mythologies and history and patterns with an exquisite touch of antiquity, the room made anyone on the ship feel like a king.

"Ah, finally," exclaimed Dorothy, "I've always wanted to wander around here ever since I first passed by it on the first day of travel! Such an elegant taste!"

"Not so loud, dear," Nicol insisted as pointed out several first-class passengers, "We have company here."

They sauntered further about the lobby, glancing around the artistic walls with silent or repressed admiration. Afterwards, Dorothy picked out a table with a couch, facing the artwork of the Odyssey placed high above the blue-tiled floor.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates