NATION

PASSWORD

The Daily Carrot (Comedy)(Slice of Life)(OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Why's everyone spelling my character's name wrong? Sure, it would be a funny running gag, but it's RosenbErg, with an E.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Voxija wrote:Why's everyone spelling my character's name wrong? Sure, it would be a funny running gag, but it's RosenbErg, with an E.

First I just spelled it the same as in the post I quoted, then I edited it when I saw it was wrong.

Btw, that misspelling reminds me of the most American surname I've ever heard: Eagleburger. Originally from German Adlerberg or something similar.
Last edited by Barapam on Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:19 pm

I'll try to post tomorrow.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 pm

School just popped up for Fall Semester, however I will try to move things to the art expo. Feel free to have any characters do any of the other locations for scoops after I get the post up.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:07 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:School just popped up for Fall Semester, however I will try to move things to the art expo. Feel free to have any characters do any of the other locations for scoops after I get the post up.

Excellent. I think DeMarcus trying to find some nonexistent basketball game at the bank is going to be funny.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:59 am

Talchyon wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:School just popped up for Fall Semester, however I will try to move things to the art expo. Feel free to have any characters do any of the other locations for scoops after I get the post up.

Excellent. I think DeMarcus trying to find some nonexistent basketball game at the bank is going to be funny.

A bank shot?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:11 am

Talchyon wrote:

DeMarcus is aware that he's mistaking the sports event with the bank one, right? Unless he spaced out and thought the two were linked together?

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:31 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

DeMarcus is aware that he's mistaking the sports event with the bank one, right? Unless he spaced out and thought the two were linked together?

Yeah, DeMarcus completely spaced out and doesn't realize he's going to a completely different story. He jumbled up the sports and the bank. Which just means his writeup of it is going to be both epic and awful.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:38 am

Talchyon wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:DeMarcus is aware that he's mistaking the sports event with the bank one, right? Unless he spaced out and thought the two were linked together?

Yeah, DeMarcus completely spaced out and doesn't realize he's going to a completely different story. He jumbled up the sports and the bank. Which just means his writeup of it is going to be both epic and awful.

Isaacarine's just going to call all the art "bourgeois", even though she spells it "bergwa" and doesn't even know what it means.
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:14 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:School just popped up for Fall Semester

Same for me, just so you know if I mysteriously disappear a couple days.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:14 am

I think I gone insane from writting the last IC post. Also, it's never too late to join in on the art expo fun as a character.

Just uhh... Yeah, I think what I just created in the IC is considered a major piece of Dadaism in its glory. I'm going to have some weird dreams tonight, that's for sure.

RPs I do

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:09 am

Man, MNM. With all the disclaimers you gave in your last post, I'm just playing it extremely safe and not clicking on anything.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:02 am

Talchyon wrote:Man, MNM. With all the disclaimers you gave in your last post, I'm just playing it extremely safe and not clicking on anything.

Same.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:47 am

Talchyon wrote:Man, MNM. With all the disclaimers you gave in your last post, I'm just playing it extremely safe and not clicking on anything.

I found the weirdest art known to mankind. Also, if it helps to know what else of stuff we're talking about, the mentioned slightly NSFW was featured on Attack of the Show. I'm just going to let that be in your imagination for a second there.

And yes, I think my mind regressed after I finished up the post.

RPs I do

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Sorry for absence, still have a lot of rl stuff but will try to make time for this. Anyway, Mediama, should we co-write or just jump right into the scene?
Last edited by Barapam on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017

Postby Mediama » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Whichever suits you best.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Mediama wrote:Whichever suits you best.

I'm thinking a soft co-write, that we agree on how to start and what meets us at Trictobothnia, other than that just jumping right into it. Tg:s or other way?

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017

Postby Mediama » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:58 am

Barapam wrote:
Mediama wrote:Whichever suits you best.

I'm thinking a soft co-write, that we agree on how to start and what meets us at Trictobothnia, other than that just jumping right into it. Tg:s or other way?

Sorry, been busy, yeah, I'd suggest a google doc with TG to share the link, would be easier to co-author with, if the Rp's still alive of course.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse