NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT) International Standards Commission Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Imortan Empire
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

(DRAFT) International Standards Commission Act

Postby Imortan Empire » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:52 am

Honorable Representatives,
The purpose of this act is to establish and maintain an organization dedicated to standardizing a variety of things globally. Such standardization will help to normalize activities globally in addition to promoting better science by making experimentation easier to reproduce without conflicting variables. To that end, this act will:

I: Create the "International Standards Commission (ISC)" as a body for international standardization

II: Records of these international standards will be freely available to help support public awareness and promote scientific discovery and advancement.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Imortan Empire on Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Old Hope
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:01 am

Imortan Empire wrote:Honorable Representatives,
The purpose of this act is to establish and maintain an organization dedicated to standardizing a variety of things globally. Such standardization will help to normalize activities globally in addition to promoting better science by making experimentation easier to reproduce without conflicting variables. To that end, this act will:

I: Create the "International Standards Commission (ISC)" as a body for international standardization.

II: Things to be standardized will include a variety of topics from which way socks and shoes are put on to making a cup of tea and much more.

III: Records of these international standards will be freely available to help support public awareness and promote scientific discovery and advancement.

Thoughts?

OOC: If you are not serious:post it here.
If you are serious -
IC:
II: Things to be standardized will include a variety of topics from which way socks and shoes are put on to making a cup of tea and much more.

:rofl:
Micromanagement. No thanks.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:The format wars are a waste of time.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 am

“Although I appreciate that standardisation is a worthwhile goal, clause II seems excessive in terms of managing things that don’t really need an international benchmark. I recommend limiting this to cover only, as the preamble suggests, scientific experimentation, which will likely be far more palatable to member nations.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Great Robertia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Robertia » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:06 am

Imortan Empire wrote:II: Things to be standardized will include a variety of topics from which way socks and shoes are put on to making a cup of tea and much more.

"Ambassador, are you well? Perhaps you've been standing in the sun for too long? It's been rather warm these days, I do agree. Perhaps some shade would do you well, and a cold glass of water.

Because Great Robertia would very much like to have the freedom to regulate these undeniably vital matters by itself."

Kenmoria wrote:“Although I appreciate that standardisation is a worthwhile goal, clause II seems excessive in terms of managing things that don’t really need an international benchmark. I recommend limiting this to cover only, as the preamble suggests, scientific experimentation, which will likely be far more palatable to member nations.”

"Once the Ambassador from the Imortan Empire recovers from their heatstroke, or what I hope is only a heatstroke, I am sure they'll take this under consideration. Because if the standardisation is to entail scientific experimentation, then depending on the content of the actual resolution, Great Robertia could potentially support such an endeavour."
Last edited by Great Robertia on Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Imperial State of Great Robertia

Current year: 2022 CE | Monarch: Empress Maria Roberta I | Chancellor: WIP | Capital: Saint Robertsburg | Government type: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy | Technology level: Post-modern tech
List of Authored Writings | Factbook on Great Robertia
Played nations
  • Daarwyrth
  • Great Robertia
  • Uylensted
About me:
  • 26 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:34 am

Ted takes a large dusty tome out from under his desk and starts flipping through it.

"Ambassador, please note that the following resolutions all involve setting standards, either directly through their mandates, instructing member states to set standards, setting up a bureaucracy to set standards, or some combination thereof. And all are on matters far more weighty that how to colour code your sock drawer."

6, 7, 31, 34, 41, 64, 73, 76, 80, 82, 83, 88, 94, 95, 97, 103, 105, 107, 108, 111, 116, 124, 128, 130, 140, 146, 161, 168, 194, 217, 218, 219, 226, 242, 263, 267, 288, 291, 297, 298, 302, 306, 307, 310, 317, 320, 322, 330, 333, 340, 344, 345, 346, 348, 349, 354, 355, 356, 369, 371, 376, 378, 382, 386, 389, 394, 397, 399, 401, 403, 407, 408, 412, 413, 418, 421, 425, 429, 431, 434, 435, 439, 441, 442, 445, 451, 453, 458, 459, 460, 464, 465, 473, 474, 475, 478, 480, 481, 483, 487, 489, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 498, 499, 500, 503 and 504.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Imortan Empire
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Imortan Empire » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:53 am

"Your concerns have been noted and my proposal stands revised. Thank you all for your suggestions. Does this seem more palatable now?" - Imortan Ambassador.

Old Hope
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:57 am

Imortan Empire wrote:"Your concerns have been noted and my proposal stands revised. Thank you all for your suggestions. Does this seem more palatable now?" - Imortan Ambassador.

OOC: Committee rule? I don`t see what member states have to do here.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:The format wars are a waste of time.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:44 am

Imortan Empire wrote:"Your concerns have been noted and my proposal stands revised. Thank you all for your suggestions. Does this seem more palatable now?" - Imortan Ambassador.

OOC: No, as it does absolutely nothing except create a committee of a sorts. I would recommend you read up on the rules and guidelines.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly