NATION

PASSWORD

Nation decides on new name (CLOSED)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Zandilund
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Nation decides on new name (CLOSED)

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:34 pm

A nation has formed in the hottest deserts of the square. However, this nation needs a new name. Unable to come up with one of their own, they have decided to turn to NS.

Nations will decide on this name by either creating a name using a group of syllables or voting on an existing one. If nobody votes on any existing name, I will prevent people from creating any future names, and I will ask people to vote on one of the existing names. If people still vote on their name, I will ask people who haven't come up with a name here to vote.

NOTE: This name will be used for quite a few things.

Rules:
1. You must think of a name that only uses the following syllables: ba, dor, gh, ha, ji, ke, la, lim, mu, on, si, ye

2. You must use 2-4 syllables in one name. Using the same syllables such as Haha, Hahaha, or Hahahaha is fine but I probably won't be too happy if you do that. Also, no spaces in names.

3. The first letter in every name must be capitalized.

4. You can create up to 3 names using those syllables.

5. Voting and creating names ends in 1 day but voting will be extended if there's low turnout. Creating will not be extended if there are at least 3 names that don't use the same syllable two times in a row.

6. You don't need to vote if you create a name, but if you do it must be on a name that isn't yours, and you can only vote once. To vote, telegram Zandilund and state the name you are voting for. Votes are anonymous until voting time is over.

List of names:

Badorgh (Western Fardelshufflestein)
Dorbagh (Western Fardelshufflestein)
Hador (Western Fardelshufflestein)
Hajike (Tranzoria)
Siyelimba (Lillorainen)
Yehador (Lillorainen)
Jikelamu (Lillorainen)
Yemula (Drew Durrnil)
Kejiba (Drew Durrnil)
Mulimlagh (Drew Durrnil)
Badorye (Kyundao)
Limmu (Fluganya)
Bajidor (Fluganya)
Dorkesion (Diarcesia)
Basilake (Diarcesia)
Sikeye (Diarcesia)
Sidorla (Middle Barael)
Mulelim (Middle Barael)
Limonon (Zeritae)
Bamuye (Nacrad)
Hayegh (West Bromwich Holme)
Yeke (East Wolven)
Muke (Monkeee)
Mukeye (Monkeee)
Jion (Sanghyeok)
Kehador (Dollystana)
Last edited by Zandilund on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Controlled by the same player who controls The Allied Tribe.

I'm not as active as I used to be (probably active once every 3-7 days) as I'm spending a lot more time on more important things. This has nothing to do with why I'm not as active, but I'm sad because a lot of ideas I thought of but never used in an F7 thread (e.g. the life simulator and make a multiverse) were used. Next time I think of something I should probably use it immediately instead of waiting a few months and having somebody else take it.

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:38 pm

Hajika
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.
Raider, Writer and Rickroll Fanatic.
Recent News: Tranzoria joins Israel-Palestine discussion-promises no flaming

Pro: Choice, Democracy, Acknowledgment, PR Statehood
Anti:Terrorism, Racism, Karenism, People who pour the Milk first

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:41 pm

Tranzoria wrote:Hajika

Hajike, you mean?

I'm not as active as I used to be (probably active once every 3-7 days) as I'm spending a lot more time on more important things. This has nothing to do with why I'm not as active, but I'm sad because a lot of ideas I thought of but never used in an F7 thread (e.g. the life simulator and make a multiverse) were used. Next time I think of something I should probably use it immediately instead of waiting a few months and having somebody else take it.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:46 pm

-Dorbagh
-Bador
-Badoragh
-Hador
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:-Dorbagh
-Bador
-Badoragh
-Hador

Maximum of 3 names.

Which one do you want to remove?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Zandilund wrote:
-Bador
-Badoragh
-Hador

Maximum of 3 names.

Remove Bador.
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Zandilund wrote:
Maximum of 3 names.

Remove Bador.

Okay.

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:51 pm

-Bador
-Badoragh
-Hador

Also, by Badoragh, did you mean Badorgh?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 pm

Zandilund wrote:
-Bador
-Badoragh
-Hador

Also, by Badoragh, did you mean Badorgh?

Uh...yes.

Fluganya
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fluganya » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Limmu Bajidor
This nation does not represent my personal views.

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:57 pm

Oii,
Here we go with the three names I can think of for a desert nation using these syllables only.

1. Siyelimba.
    2. Yehador.
    3. Jikelamu.

Greetings,
Lillo
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:57 pm

-Yemula
-Kejiba
-Badorlagh
Last edited by Drew Durrnil on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Fluganya wrote:Limmu Bajidor

Maximum of 4 syllables and no spaces. Some naming systems in this "thing" use spaces, but this particular one doesn't.

Kyundao
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyundao » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:59 pm

We'll submit the name Badorye.

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Lillorainen wrote:Oii,
Here we go with the three names I can think of for a desert nation using these syllables only.

1. Siyelimba.
    2. Yehador.
    3. Jikelamu.

Greetings,
Lillo

I'm just going to vote for Siyelimba, because, well, I feel like it.

Fluganya
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fluganya » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Zandilund wrote:
Fluganya wrote:Limmu Bajidor

Maximum of 4 syllables and no spaces. Some naming systems in this "thing" use spaces, but this particular one doesn't.

Sorry reading comprehension is poor! Just make them as two separate names.
This nation does not represent my personal views.

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Zandilund wrote:
Lillorainen wrote:Oii,

1. Siyelimba.
    2. Yehador.
    3. Jikelamu.

Greetings,
Lillo

Strange, it's my favorite out of the three as well! ^^
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Dorkesion
Basilake
Sikeye

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:08 pm

Lillorainen wrote:
Zandilund wrote:

Strange, it's my favorite out of the three as well! ^^

Nice.

Diarcesia wrote:Dorkesion
Basilake
Sikeye

These are all good names, but the only name that seems to fit for a desert nation or city is Sikeye, and Sikeye just doesn't sound right.

Still, up for vote.

We might close the "creating names" part soon due to much higher turnout than expected.

Also, new rule. You must send a TG to me to vote, so all votes can stay anonymous.
Last edited by Zandilund on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:20 pm

I'm going to stop updating the OP for now.

Please send me a TG to vote. Nations who haven't submitted names can also vote, and nations who have submitted names don't have to vote.

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:48 pm

We have 3 votes so far.

1. Siyelimba (2 votes)
2. Jikelamu (1 vote)

I will be extending to see if anybody else will vote.

Names can still be submitted, for now.

Middle Barael
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Middle Barael » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Sidorla
Badorgh
Mukelim
Pro: Environmentalism, fighting climate change, social democracy, co-ops, police reform, LGBTQ rights, abortions, separation of church and state, democracy, assault weapon ban, proportional representation, multi-party states, Two-State Solution, Israel AND Palestine, pacifism, immigration, Anti-Racism, NHS-type Healthcare, culture, science, multiculturalism, UN, EU

Anti: Environmental destruction, fossil fuels, Trump, Laissez-faire economy, communism, far-right, homophobia, “Pro-Life”, dictatorships, one/two-party systems, guns, Netanyahu, Israeli settlements, Hamas, Jihadism, war, racism, anti-immigration, nationalism, fascism, chauvinism,

8Values
Social: Very Progressive
Economic: Social
Civil: Liberal
Foreign: Internationalist

Zandilund
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Zandilund » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:32 am

Update:

1. Siyelimba (2 votes)
1. Limmu (2 votes)
3. Jikelamu (1 vote)

Still extending.

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:35 am

Limonon
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:34 am

Bamuye
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates