NATION

PASSWORD

[PROPOSED] Condemn APSIA

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:19 pm

Nationalist Gold Union wrote:
Morover wrote:being condemned is actually generally considered a badge of honor. if you want to fight against the establishment, do that. this isn't that.

I can assure you that, as the founder and principal recruiter, it is our opinion that a condemnation would tarnish our reputation and serve as a punishment for our perfectly legal action of WA poaching, and that is why I oppose it.

if you looked to literally any condemned region you would see that this isn't the case.

not that this will pass (or even get to vote), anyways.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm

Dangine wrote:
Morover wrote:being condemned is actually generally considered a badge of honor. if you want to fight against the establishment, do that. this isn't that.

The founder of APSIA is against this condemnation so this isn't the case.

Still doesn't change the fact that APSIA is not worthy of a condemnation.
See You Space Cowboy...

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm

Great Robertia wrote:
Nationalist Gold Union wrote:I can assure you that, as the founder and principal recruiter, it is our opinion that a condemnation would tarnish our reputation and serve as a punishment for our perfectly legal action of WA poaching, and that is why I oppose it.

Come now, let's stop with the "WA poaching" trope, it was never fun to begin with and has ran its course long ago.

I agree, and here my region's leadership is, being condemned. And everyone is against us it seems.
Pro: Democracy, liberalism, equality, justice
Anti: Tyranny, demagoguery, bigotry

Makassara
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Makassara » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Dangine wrote:

The founder of APSIA is against this condemnation so this isn't the case.

What do you misunderstand about how this action is against the founder, of course the founder wouldnt support it. That's like letting a criminal go because they oppose their punishment.

Great Robertia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Robertia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Great Robertia wrote:
Come now, let's stop with the "WA poaching" trope, it was never fun to begin with and has ran its course long ago.

I agree, and here my region's leadership is, being condemned. And everyone is against us it seems.

Calling yourself WA poachers didn't help with creating a positive image about yourself, you know.
The Imperial State of Great Robertia

Current year: 2022 CE | Monarch: Empress Maria Roberta I | Chancellor: WIP | Capital: Saint Robertsburg | Government type: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy | Technology level: Post-modern tech
List of Authored Writings | Factbook on Great Robertia
Played nations
  • Daarwyrth
  • Great Robertia
  • Uylensted
About me:
  • 26 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Great Robertia wrote:
Nationalist Gold Union wrote:I agree, and here my region's leadership is, being condemned. And everyone is against us it seems.

Calling yourself WA poachers didn't help with creating a positive image about yourself, you know.

I think it's a positive trait.

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Stating that this act has cause massive uproar and suffering among the nations of the World Assembly,

Why haven't I heard of this until now, then? I like to think I'm pretty well in-tune with the WA, nowadays.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Great Robertia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Robertia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Great Robertia wrote:

I think it's a positive trait.

The rest doesn't.

Current year: 2022 CE | Monarch: Empress Maria Roberta I | Chancellor: WIP | Capital: Saint Robertsburg | Government type: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy | Technology level: Post-modern tech
Played nations
  • Daarwyrth
  • Great Robertia
  • Uylensted
About me:
  • 26 years old male

Makassara
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Makassara » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:24 pm

You dont know about WA Poaching because you aren't a criminal.

The Miltonia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miltonia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:25 pm

I've known ngu for 4 years now. I've never seen him fall so low. Please condemn him. put him in his place
I exist

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:27 pm

In APSIA's latest recruitment drive, wherein the regional recruiters tagged all members of the World Assembly, we received 35 rude rejection telegrams as a response, accusing our nation of World Assembly poaching. Well, I wear that like a badge of honor. May the poachiest win. Good luck with your proposal.

The Miltonia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miltonia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:28 pm

Nationalist Gold Union wrote:In APSIA's latest recruitment drive, wherein the regional recruiters tagged all members of the World Assembly, we received 35 rude rejection telegrams as a response, accusing our nation of World Assembly poaching. Well, I wear that like a badge of honor. May the poachiest win. Good luck with your proposal.

stfu lmao
I exist

Bisingen
Secretary

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Bisingen » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Great Robertia wrote:
Nationalist Gold Union wrote:I can assure you that, as the founder and principal recruiter, it is our opinion that a condemnation would tarnish our reputation and serve as a punishment for our perfectly legal action of WA poaching, and that is why I oppose it.

Tell that to all the people who apparently telegrammed NGU and criticized him for doing just that.

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Candensia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:30 pm

Handing a region a badge won't suddenly force a founder to change their ways. This is nonsensical. The WA shouldn't accept the opinions of APSIA members at face value when the draft at hand, which just happens to be written by APSIA members, is about condeming APSIA, not their founder.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:33 pm

This reeks of orchestrated drama in order to gain a condemnation for your region. I seriously don't get it. If you want to be condemned, do something that is seen as IC-ly bad - and do not try to be OOCly bad.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Noorizadeh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Noorizadeh » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Candensia wrote:Handing a region a badge won't suddenly force a founder to change their ways.

Holy hell you're RIGHT!
What are we even doing here? Condemnations can't do anything and regions like the Black Hawks LOVE theirs!
Does the Security Council even serve a purpose? I'm freaking out here.
50th regime change this Saturday!
Just an average day.

Bisingen
Secretary

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Bisingen » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Candensia wrote:Handing a region a badge won't suddenly force a founder to change their ways. This is nonsensical. The WA shouldn't accept the opinions of APSIA members at face value when the draft at hand, which just happens to be written by APSIA members, is about condeming APSIA, not their founder.

It's not just our founder, his cronies are all backing this too. This is a movement to take back our region from corruption and give it back to the many good nations that call it home. Will this change his view on WA poaching if it succeeds? Maybe not. Will it be a symbolic victory for everyone opposed to WA poaching? Absolutely.

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:40 pm

I'm glad that the Security Council is an organ for actual justice rather than a trampoline for the rabble-rousing of rebels. Thank you for opposing this proposal.

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:41 pm

just a reminder that the founder of a region has total authority to ban those causing ruckuses.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Great Robertia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Robertia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Bisingen wrote:
Candensia wrote:Handing a region a badge won't suddenly force a founder to change their ways. This is nonsensical. The WA shouldn't accept the opinions of APSIA members at face value when the draft at hand, which just happens to be written by APSIA members, is about condeming APSIA, not their founder.

It's not just our founder, his cronies are all backing this too. This is a movement to take back our region from corruption and give it back to the many good nations that call it home. Will this change his view on WA poaching if it succeeds? Maybe not. Will it be a symbolic victory for everyone opposed to WA poaching? Absolutely.

And you will have achieved absolutely nothing by doing this. If that was your goal, then congratulations! If you disagree with your region's leadership, then leave the region and form your own.

Nationalist Gold Union wrote:I'm glad that the Security Council is an organ for actual justice rather than a trampoline for the rabble-rousing of rebels. Thank you for opposing this proposal.

You do realise none of this will have a positive impact on how you will be perceived by the community?

Played nations
  • Daarwyrth
  • Great Robertia
  • Uylensted
About me:
  • 26 years old male

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:47 pm

Great Robertia wrote:
Nationalist Gold Union wrote:I'm glad that the Security Council is an organ for actual justice rather than a trampoline for the rabble-rousing of rebels. Thank you for opposing this proposal.

You do realise none of this will have a positive impact on how you will be perceived by the community?

Oh, I thought it would.

Noorizadeh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Noorizadeh » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:48 pm

Great Robertia wrote:

Oh, I thought it would.

How?
50th regime change this Saturday!
Just an average day.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:51 pm

The Miltonia wrote:
Nationalist Gold Union wrote:In APSIA's latest recruitment drive, wherein the regional recruiters tagged all members of the World Assembly, we received 35 rude rejection telegrams as a response, accusing our nation of World Assembly poaching. Well, I wear that like a badge of honor. May the poachiest win. Good luck with your proposal.

stfu lmao

*** Warned for flaming ***
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Great Robertia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Robertia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 pm

Great Robertia wrote:

Oh, I thought it would.

No, it won't. Both this proposal as well as the responses you and members of your region post in here are creating a very negative image of your region, and I am phrasing that very delicately. If it was your intent to attract bad attention to yourselves, then mission accomplished, I'd say.
Last edited by Great Robertia on Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Played nations
  • Daarwyrth
  • Great Robertia
  • Uylensted
About me:
  • 26 years old male

The Miltonia
Envoy