NATION

PASSWORD

The Phoenix Wedding (IC/FanT/Signups)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Notalien
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Notalien » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Malik:
Malik hopped off the side of the balcony and flew down to where Aither was flying his angel wings out again floating above the crowd, it seems the crowd was getting tense, and the sense of the demons around here seemed stronger. “People, people, please calm it down, there is no harm here to be done.” Malik landed gently on the ground putting his wings “away” again by making disappear, less they get grabbed by someone or something.

Aither:
Aither’s eye finally normalized and he uncovered it, replacing the bamboo chute he was chewing on with a new one. “It’s all right Malik, they are just waiting for someone to tap the keg.” H es scanned the area again, kicking the hilt of his sword up with his left thumb again, though this time the blade seemed to steam. “I say this once, if you value your life please do not bring violence here, I wish to keep things civil while on foreign soil.

Thgasif-Mntud/The General/Thomas-Man
The General was not greatly upset by the fact that they scanned their ship. It was expected actually, but they weren't counting on the scans being deep enough to get a look into their engine technology and weapons technology. They were under orders to keep that away from other powers. Of course they knew what happened the last time a foreign government got a hold of their technology. Everyone knew what happened then. Even if the scans weren't deep enough to get any technological secrets the risk was too great. They had to get the data without causing a diplomatic incident. This means murder is off the table. This left one thing... negotiation.
Last edited by Notalien on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:38 pm

He had been told to keep an eye out for trouble, but so far the mission had been quite underwhelming. Even when a member of one of the congregations fainted, it was only because he/she/whatever! was a natural empath and had just run into a slave--which he found more than a little unsettling.

Damnage wished he could talk to the being and help shore him up. The Angels would have told him that this was a sign of progress along The Path, but he didn't really care. If what they told him was true, it didn't work on that level.

The only problem he actually had was an overwhelming feeling of Dark Mojo. He could only guess that he was not the only one who felt it, but it hadn't come to a head yet.

Only thing to do was get ready.

So it was a fatigued but resolute turned demon who entered the palace, found that diplomatic papers announcing "Damnage, Son of SmashMouth" actually WERE accepted, made his way to his quarters and, stretching out from the closet overhang, finally got himself some sleep.

Kalmarnavia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmarnavia » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Argalaic was sat in a deep, plush chair in his chambers as he waiting for Dontas to get ready.

"You know, I rather hope the Emperor doesn't keep us waiting too long for whatever grand event there will be tonight to begin festivities. I've sobered up completely now."

Dontas dipped his head out from behind the dressing screen as he pulled his tunic on.

"Arge, you know you're not actually here to get piss drunk? And you know what happens usually when you do?"

"...is this the 'stabby stabby accidentally almost causes war' thing you briefly mentioned?"

"Correct."

Argalaic pushed himself up out the seat and strode forward.

"You're such a doombringer, Don. I absolutely assure you, no disaster whatsoever is going to befall us here."

Several hundred leagues away

The throneroom of the Kungshallen was one of the most ornate rooms in all of the known world. High red marble columns holding the lined the room, holding up the surrounding upper balcony. The high, vaulted ceiling was painted with dragons and clouds that looked so realistic one would expect flames to shoot off the stonework. Sandstone from Frondheim lined the floor, bearskin carpet from Nunaatland carved a path to the dias.

Upon the dias, raised nine feet off the ground on its high steps, stood the Dragon Throne itself. Ornately carved wood inlaid with gold, leather and ermine, protruding out grasped in the arms of the two solid gold dragon statutes that curled out from behind the throne, their ruby eyes shining down upon those who gazed upon the majesty of the Kings of House Wend. Two enormous windows running two thirds of the height of the cavernous room bathed it in light which glinted off the polished black statues of dragons flanking every nave of the room.

To the right of the throne, behind the enormous dragon statues, was a door which led to a narrow winding staircase. At the bottom, hidden within a sunken space under the throne room, was the Great State Chamber. Every King since the day of Argalaic II, who oversaw the completion of the Kungshallen, had held their council here. The officers of State- the Chief Minister and Masters of Laws, Coin, Ships, War and Whispers- along with the High Scholar, the Lord Commander of the Knights of the Nine, the Prince of the Dragon's Keep and the Captain-General of Roskilde traditionally made up the council, although any and all high ranking members of the Royal Family could be called to serve.

So it was that King Jaeharys sat in the Chamber surrounded by his overly large council.

His brother Prince Aemond served as Chief Minister and Master of War. Prince Makar, Aemond's son, was Master of Laws.
Lord Eddard Varyn, younger brother of Lord Rickon Varyn of Bear's Hill the Warden of the West, served as Master of Coin. Jaehary's and Aemond's next surviving brother Prince Daeron (the fourth son of King Argalaic VII) was the Master of Whispers, chief spymaster of the realm.
Lord Edric Knarlson, the son of the Lord of Firecrown, Lord Paramount of Islandia and Warden of the Tides, was Master of Ships.
High Scholar Barthon, aged 75, was the highest ranking Scholar in all of the 6 realms and had served the previous 2 Kings.
Ser Teron Heelstein served as Lord Commander of the Nine, whilst Ser Harold Magnusson was the newly appointed Captain General of Roskilde.

The remaining advisors were others of House Wend; the Princesses Helena and Ollena; their Uncles Prince Aaron and Prince Ajax, the seventh and eighth children of Argalaic VII and the only others to remain living; the only sons of Jaehary's two deceased brothers conveniently named for their fathers the Princes Viserys, and Aegon; and the only daughter of Jaehary's beloved sister Helena, Princess Rhaena.

Jaeherys noted the empty chair to his immediate left.

"Helena, where is your brother?"
"Off brooding over Arge being centre of attention again, I would suspect."
"Helena!"
"Oh, I don't know Father? Where was he last night, when we had to shake Makar from his sleep to go searching in the west? Where was he when he should have been out on Teraxes? Abed? In the Temple? He's your beloved heir, Father. I'd suggest keeping better tabs on him."

Jaeharys flew up, flushed with rage.

"I shall not accept this insolence, child!"
"Insolence you shan't abide, but an unfit heir you shall..."
"ENOUGH, Helena!"

Prince Aemond remained sitting, but his voice thundered around the room. Helena, less defiantly than had it been her father to shout, snorted.

As if on cue, the door to the chamber opened. Clad in all his finery, with a face undisturbed by a late night being battered by howling winds of dragonback, Crown Prince Baelon strode in.

"Twelve pardons, Father, dear Councillors, for my tardiness. I was busy attending to matters of state."
"Matters of the state of your own coffers, no doubt." muttered Makar. Ollena and Helena stifled grins, as did their other cousins. Aemond's face darkened.

"Sit, my son. We are here to discuss the flight of Styrax."

Baelon snorted.

"The red bitch has done a runner then. Good, perhaps she'll be off to collect my brother and disappear like I had long prayed to the Father Above for."

Ollena snapped her head in the direction of her brother.

"One more word like that and I'll slit your bastard throat."

Grand Scholar Barthon gasped, Lord Varyn glowered...and Lord Knarlson tried not to laugh.

"OLLENA!"
"Father! He cannot be permitted to speak of our brother like that!"
"Enough, daughter! We know not where Styrax has gone, but we can assume that she may be on her way to Phaenix. Something may have befallen Argalaic, and he is too far out of reach for our radio transmitters to communicate with his ship. If we assume the worst and he is harmed, and that Styrax will react, we must be prepared for all options."

Ser Teron spoke.

"Your Grace, Prince Aemond and I agree that we must urge the Lords of the Realms to issue a muster call. Stand our menfolk ready so that if we must call the banners were are prepared."

Princes Viserys and Aegon nodded in agreement, as did Lord Knarlson.

"Aye, Your Grace- if the she-dragon attacks the Empire war will follow regardless of any harm befallling the Prince Argalaic or no."

Jaeharys considered this.

"Is this the opinion of you all? Scholar?"

Grand Scholar Barthon nodded sagely.

"Preparedness cannot hurt, Your Grace. If Styrax returns of her own accord within a few days, we rescind the order. No harm, no foul. If she returns bearing the Prince in any state save health, then we call our banners great and small and prepare."

"Very well, if council is unani-"

Prince Baelon slammed his hand down on the table.

"My wedding, father! This is all this is about! Argalaic and his jealousy, he'll have gotten himself in harm to do this! It's deliberate sabotage!"

He stood up, red with anger.

"I shall NOT have my wedding disrupted by my foul little brother and his beast. If the realm prepares for war, there can be no marriage between Lady Elana and I. It's HIM, it's Argalaic doing this. None shall be prepared for war, I forbid it!"

The chamber fell deathly silent. Prince Aemond looked to his nieces and nephews, and then to his brothers, then to the assembled Lords. Lord Edric stared in fury, Lord Eddard stared at the floor. Ser Trevon stood up slowly, as did Ser Harold. Prince Daeron sat open mouth, Prince Ajax clenched his fist, and Prince Aaron almost spilled his cup of wine. The King looked like he had been slapped.

Slowly, Princess Helena slid her chair backwards, and stood.

"You dare defy Father, Baelon? Our father, who lives and breathes in front of us? Who is not dead? And thus has not passed his Crown to you? You can speak like a king when you are a king, and any king so willing to cast off his siblings and kin would not be long for the throne."

Baelon looked aghast at his sister, picking up the implied threat.

"Fa-"

Ollena rose sharply, cutting him off.

"Enough out of you! Father, I shall fly for Frondheim and inform Lord Jason at Stonefield myself he is to muster."

Prince Aegon added his agreement- "I shall make for Firecrown, Viserys to Bear's Hill. Helena can seek out Lord Eoin at Hornwood. Makar can fly for Nine Towers, Rhaena to Reiverguard. You and Uncle Aemond can stay with council, we shall spread the word to the realms. If Argalaic is harmed, the wroth of the dragon shall follow."

Baelon looked at his father.

"Fath-"
"Enough, Baelon. My Lords and Ladies in Council have spoken. In my name, the name of Jaeharys, of the House Wend, the First of his name, King of Kalmarnavia, Lord of the Six Realms, Ruler of the Skies and Defender of the Faith, descendant of Argalaic the Conqueror, of the blood of Eralia and the Blood of the Dragon I command that the Lords of the Six Realms do issue their command of muster and standfast. Order the bells of every Temple rung, and prayers offered for the safe and speedy return of Styrax followed by the Prince Argalaic. It shall be done."
Last edited by Kalmarnavia on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottish and European
The great appear great because we are on our knees: Let us rise. James Larkin
Men perish, but principles live. James Connolly

Black Lives Matter, Trans Lives Matter

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Alba gu Brath, Erin go Bragh, Cymru am Byth, Visca Catalunya

¡No Pasaran!
#indyref2 #leavealighton

Zhenshiwa
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zhenshiwa » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Phaenix wrote:
Phaerix, Talon Harbor

Colonellus Sextus grimaced, but before he could respond, Duke Friedger addressed the Empress.
"You must be Empress Fuyutsuki. Forgive my retainer's outburst. Herr Reinhard merely wishes to ensure that the Emperor's servants remember proper protocol. I am by the grace of the Forefathers, Duke of Winterfestung and loyal servant to the Empire."
Duke Friedger bowed his head once he was finished and allowed Sextus to speak.
"Well, Your Imperial Majesty, this was simply a coincidence. His Grace was heading to the palace and we merely arrived here at the same time."
Sextus rolled his shoulder, jostling the rifle strapped to his back.
"Now that we have resolved this issue, will Your Imperial Majesty accompany me back to the Imperial Palace? If you would prefer to ride, I'm sure one of Friedger's knights would be more than happy to allow you to ride theirs."
One of the Keirch knights swore, as the Keirch called their horses vesˈpek, or beloved horse due to their close attachment to them.

"These Yu-Ehn lack organization on the most basic of tasks..." Shikinami said in Zhenshiwanese, shaking her head with a dry chuckle. "You still feel it wise to accompany them, Mother?" Fuyutsuki cast a briefly annoyed glance at her daughter, then looked back to the Colonellus, subduing her irritation beneath a mask calm serenity. "Did you not see how quickly they nearly came to blows, merely on account of a 'coincidence'? To aggressively draw their weapons in the presence of the Empress, surely they would be bound by honor to fall upon their swords?"

"Their ignorance of our culture, as well as our language, is not license to insult them, Shikinami. Just as our ignorance of theirs' is not license for them. They have shown respect in their own way, let us do so in kind." Fuyutsuki responded flatly before she cleared her throat. Speaking once again, this time in the local language. Her words once again were stilted, but she did not lose any confidence as she stumbled through the more complex syllables. "It is not proper for the Imperial Family ask members of the Warrior Class to give up their mounts for our own personal comfort." The Empress nodded quietly towards the Keirch Knights. "We prefer to walk..." She then briefly paused. "Just... One moment. There is a matter of Imperial tradition that must be observed."

Fuyutsuki gracefully turned around, facing the ship that had carried her the many miles to the strange and distant land. The crew had visibly relaxed, seeing that the situation ashore had resolved itself. They snapped to attention once more as the Empress looked in their direction, and Fuyutsuki gave the customary slight bow of gratitude for their service thus far. As expected, the men aboard the ship heft their arms upwards, shouting in Zhenshiwanese 'The Dragon Rises!' three times. With the customary farewell concluded, Fuyutsuki turned back to the Colonellus, nodding with gratitude.

"Now we may depart... At your leisure, Colonellus."
Last edited by Zhenshiwa on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Phaenix » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Zhenshiwa wrote:
Phaenix wrote:
Phaerix, Talon Harbor

Colonellus Sextus grimaced, but before he could respond, Duke Friedger addressed the Empress.
"You must be Empress Fuyutsuki. Forgive my retainer's outburst. Herr Reinhard merely wishes to ensure that the Emperor's servants remember proper protocol. I am by the grace of the Forefathers, Duke of Winterfestung and loyal servant to the Empire."
Duke Friedger bowed his head once he was finished and allowed Sextus to speak.
"Well, Your Imperial Majesty, this was simply a coincidence. His Grace was heading to the palace and we merely arrived here at the same time."
Sextus rolled his shoulder, jostling the rifle strapped to his back.
"Now that we have resolved this issue, will Your Imperial Majesty accompany me back to the Imperial Palace? If you would prefer to ride, I'm sure one of Friedger's knights would be more than happy to allow you to ride theirs."
One of the Keirch knights swore, as the Keirch called their horses vesˈpek, or beloved horse due to their close attachment to them.

"These Yu-Ehn lack organization on the most basic of tasks..." Shikinami said in Zhenshiwanese, shaking her head with a dry chuckle. "You still feel it wise to accompany them, Mother?" Fuyutsuki cast a briefly annoyed glance at her daughter, then looked back to the Colonellus, subduing her irritation beneath a mask calm serenity. "Did you not see how quickly they nearly came to blows, merely on account of a 'coincidence'? To aggressively draw their weapons in the presence of the Empress, surely they would be bound by honor to fall upon their swords?"

"Their ignorance of our culture, as well as our language, is not license to insult them, Shikinami. Just as our ignorance of theirs' is not license for them. They have shown respect in their own way, let us do so in kind." Fuyutsuki responded flatly before she cleared her throat. Speaking once again, this time in the local language. Her words once again were stilted, but she did not lose any confidence as she stumbled through the more complex syllables. "It is not proper for the Imperial Family ask members of the Warrior Class to give up their mounts for our own personal comfort." The Empress nodded quietly towards the Keirch Knights. "We prefer to walk..." She then briefly paused. "Just... One moment. There is a matter of Imperial tradition that must be observed."

Fuyutsuki gracefully turned around, facing the ship that had carried her the many miles to the strange and distant land. The crew had visibly relaxed, seeing that the situation ashore had resolved itself. They snapped to attention once more as the Empress looked in their direction, and Fuyutsuki gave the customary slight bow of gratitude for their service thus far. As expected, the men aboard the ship heft their arms upwards, shouting in Zhenshiwanese 'The Dragon Rises!' three times. With the customary farewell concluded, Fuyutsuki turned back to the Colonellus, nodding with gratitude.

"Now we may depart... At your leisure, Colonellus."

Phaerix, Talon Harbor

Colonellus Sextus bowed his head, but before he could order the column to leave, a lightly armored scout ran up to him. After briefly saluting, the scout gave his report.
"Sir! A mob has gathered around the palace, obstructing our route."
Sextus cursed, but regained his composure quickly and turned to the scout.
"How many are part of the mob, and how many are armed?"
The scout didn't skip a beat and responded immediately.
"At least forty commoners, and one Pater Vigilans of the Church of the One God who's firing the crowd up about witches and demons. They've even strung up a couple of local alchemists."
The scout looked around and lowered his voice.
"He's even saying that the crowd must...dispose of the foreign witch who has come to our shores."
Sextus gasped. To hear that such treason was going unpunished in the capital was horrifying, so he turned to Friedger and spoke.
"How long has it been since your knights have fought in battle?"
Duke Friedger laughed, and had his knights draw their swords.
"Only a few months, since that elf Tanithil Caiphyra tried to rouse the elven slaves to revolt."
Sextus smiled wolfishly.
"I believe it is time we rectified that."
Sextus turned to the Empress and spoke once more.
"Please follow us, Your Imperial Majesty. We will soon be at the palace."
As the column began to march, Sextus ordered that four of his legionaries stay farther back to ensure no stragglers reached the Empress. After a brief march, Sextus could see the crowd gathered outside the palace gates. The guards on the walls had their rifles trained on the mob, but so far had done nothing.
"See these creatures!? They consort with the Betrayer! They have sold their souls to gain access to unholy powers, and they claim to be healers!"
A half naked man with eyes, the sign of the One God, carved into his skin raved from a platform, just beneath to lynched alchemists. He held a book with nine eyes on it in his left, and a club in his right. He turned and saw the Empress and pointed his club at her.
"Look! Look upon the Betrayer incarnate! She seeks to spread her foul, foreign ways amongst our divine Empire! Chosen by the One God to rule the world! She must hang, along with all who use the foul magical arts!"
The legionaries and Keirch knights lined up to face the mob, while Sextus stood atop a few boxes and shouted at the raving priest.
"Cease this rabble-rousing at once! You are breaking the Emperor's peace, and have threatened a foreign sovereign! The price is death! If you disperse at once, we will spare you your pitiful lives!"
The priest laughed maniacally, and waved his club in the direction of the column.
"They are all heretics! KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!"
The enraged mob, in their lunacy, charged the firing line of legionaries.
"FIRE!"
The first few lines of the mob practically disappeared in a red mist, while the Keirch knights charged down the rest. Suddenly broken, the few remained rioters attempted to flee, only to be gunned down by the guards on the wall. With the mob dead, Sextus turned to the Empress as the palace gates were opened.
"I'm afraid this is a...unique situation, Your Imperial Majesty. The Empire is usually less chaotic than this."
Sextus motioned towards the gates, where just beyond them, the Emperor was waiting with a whole regiment of legionaries in full parade attire to greet the Empress.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imperial Palace, Prince Argalaic's Room

A slave knocked on the Prince's door and spoke.
"Your Highness, the Emperor would like to send his most sincere apologies about the delay. The celebrations will begin within the next two hours, and the ceremony will begin at midnight."
The slave briefly opened the door and set a platter with two glasses of a dark, red wine on the floor.
"He sends this as a gift. Two glasses of Lorian Fire Wine. He recommends that you sip them throughout the evening, as in his own words, 'One large gulp of this will make a dwarf blackout drunk in moments.'"
With that, the slave left the Prince.
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Alegeharia wrote:Malik leaned his back on the balcony’s edge, looking up at the stars curiously...

Caleb stood there, simply observing with Elijah behind him. Both were silent, though a few strands of ribbons extended forth from the top of Caleb's left hand, bending and resisting, falling back and stretching forward, as he looked at the slaves that had departed. Though his expression remained unchanged from its usual shivering eye and little triangular mouth, there was a hint of desire, of obsession within him rather than one of pity — he could understand slavery, inasmuch as he didn't particularly like it, but to see their horrid clothing, that was enough to perturb the tailor. He had standards. And those fashion standards were being quite insulted by the potato-sack rags of the slaves. The rest of the guests, though, seemed dressed well enough.
Elijah looked at him, giving a slight shake of his head. "Sorry, Mr. 'lijah sir. It's ju—"
"Why don't you say hello, Caleb?" The Doll gave his usual hopped salute and turned to the rest of the folks on the balcony, his red back ribbons flowing in the wind.

"Hiya," he said, waving his right hand as pieces of cotton fluff blew away in the wind. "Oh, oopsies." One of his ribbons coiled itself, becoming a needle, and pierced the pieces of fluff, absorbing them, whereas another went around the balcony and linked to the portal, dragging it back to Caleb's back and making it vanish. "My name's Clean Bales of Cotton, or Caleb for short. Anyway, if you need any clothes or mending, I'm always here for it, and don't worry, I can work with any material. It's my... secret." He glanced back at the slaves and his left hand unraveled into a flaying mass of ribbons. "Not now, not now," he said to himself as he gripped his fracturing wrist. As his hand stabilized itself, he turned to those on the balcony, taking a moment to examine their clothes as Elijah looked down at his hands, with a few ghost-like dolls floating around him dressed in graduation uniforms of some sort.
Caleb turned to the portal that he had summoned. "Oh, yeah, that portal's mine, sorry about that if it spooked you guys. I— well, I do like scarin' people, but I prefer doing it to people I know." His left hand stretched out, its strings whipping the empty air in front of him madly before then converging back into his hand. "Sorry about that, if I don't fix damaged clothes the moment I see them, I start, um, getting antsy." He looked down at the rioting crowd and the remains. "Oh, Mr. 'lijah sir, there's..." Pausing, Caleb looked towards Elijah, sensing something.

An arm with ragged purple sleeves extended out of the left backside of Elijah's cloak, purple glowing strings stretching between its outstretched fingers. It traced out something in the air, and as it did so, the strings flowed out of the fingers, eventually creating the frame of a little dress. "Oh cotton, thanks Suspended Wishes," Caleb said as his left hand exploded into a writhing mass of fabric that sent his body into a sort of spasm, his head falling backward, as though the mass flew out with such force and energy that it threatened to tear apart his fragile frame. Once the dress was consumed by fabric tentacles and pulled back, Caleb reverted back to normal, and a shining needlepoint extended from his right index as he wandered over to the railing edge, slowly creating the rest of the dress, with his hand fading freely in and out of it.
Elijah's smile had not diminished, and he turned to the rest of the balcony, his hand balanced on his umbrella-cane. "As for me, I am Elijah Phee Loew. A Dollmaker, Golemancer — that is to say, I give life to that which was not alive." He gestured towards Caleb. "Though, it'd be best we avoid talking too much of my talents. The people here are an anxious one when it comes to constructs."
Last edited by Shwe Tu Colony on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Notalien
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Notalien » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:06 pm

The Palace Gates

The General walked out of the palace, they heard gunshots. The smell of gunpowder hit them. The savages have put down some of their own, business as usual. Now where was Malik? There they are, surrounded by dead bodies. If The General were to guess, Malik was someone like them. Someone who sees the savages for what they are, or perhaps they are Naïve. A possible weakness they could exploit. But either way, it doesn't matter. Whatever reason Malik is here likely doesn't involve the deaths of a crowd of angry savages. Naïve or not, they might just be able to help. As long as Malik helps them in-turn.

Inside The Universal Transport Vehicle

Pilot Dxnavis-Mmgab watched the cameras. They were looking at the ones on the balcony were The General just left, and something just appeared. They sent a mental message to The General.

Near The Palace Gates

The General felt it. Yes, it was concerning that they have small teleportation technology. They sent message thanking The Pilot. Then the gates opened.
Last edited by Notalien on Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alegeharia
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:54 pm

Malik:

Malik shook his head, he was disheartened as he walked through the crowd of the dying, he lowered his hood and shook himself, glowing light blue brightly, his wings forming again into its natural dark red, his halo started phasing in as well, though they were not of his religion, all beings belonged to god, and whether they accepted it or not, they will be doled out their proper reward when they are given judgement.

It mattered not who they worshipped, just if they lived their life in a positive way, he inspected the people on the floor, scanning their souls, holding the hands of the ones dying, some seemed repentant seeing him in this form, others held onto the hate harbored form years of hardship. He felt sorrow for those, but alas it was not up to him to pass such judgments, it was deaths, and though invisible to many he could see him wisp about.

Despite being enochian akin to death, he still never could get a clear form, he always looked like a fog, fitting as usually after battles in wars it was just so. Malik pondered the idea that maybe he is the one to bring such haze. Malik heard a whisper from somewhere. He peered around the area and his ears perked up and gasped.

It was just a child, probably no older than himself, she was not supposed to die yet, he could tell from the way death seemed hesitant to approach, whether cause he was there, or because he was told not to, he didn’t know. Frankly, it did not matter, he put his paw on the child’s head; he looked into her eyes and whispered something in the ancient language of angels.

How sad, she was thrown on the streets with her mother at the age of 4, by 5 her only known family had succumbed to the sickness that had struck this village. She tried living at the orphanage but ran away realizing what it was a front for, he skipped the lewd details and pressed on, she was fading but needed to know more. His eyes light up in the blue glow and his paw, soon she started to glow faintly to, perhaps he could spare this one; but it was of no use.

“Im sorry Malik”, distant, cold, such is the way of death, he looked down and released the girls hand, a decision was made in a place untouchable to him, how terrible, if only the still had field angels like before, perhaps things would be different. He shook his head and sighed, it was business as usual with a distant council of wind bags, he scoffed and looked toward the general.

His passion could be seen, it was a light blue fire glow surrounding him and some of the area; menacing as it seemed, it did no harm. His voice boomed slightly, echoing and vibrating in the ears of those who heard. “What do you think general, is this fitting to your ideal of primitives? Do you wish for something else instead? Why have you come here?”

Mailks current intensity can felt by others nearby, the feeling of remorse and sorrow, can be felt even by the coldest individual
Last edited by Alegeharia on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malik Velkari, 8 years old, Male, Tescorosso, King of Alegeharia
Malik Velkari is a fluffy bipedal digitigrade creature that is an angel hailing from the planet Celeste. He belongs to the kingdom of Alegeharia and has a brother known as Aither Velkari. The Tescorosso breed is a mix of red panda, wolf, and german shepherd. In some aspects Malik is a bit of a time traveler, being an archangel from the frost realm (Prince to King Arend) he has been alive since 1304.
Celeste is FT based, but in the year of 2021, it is currently ranging temps in 65-75 Fahrenheit. The planet is Earth like, and space faring. It hides its future tech within Medieval architecture and magic to appear less advanced.

Notalien
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Notalien » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:06 pm

Malik:

Malik shook his head, he was disheartened as he walked through the crowd of the dying, he lowered his hood and shook himself, glowing light blue brightly, his wings forming again into its natural dark red, his halo started phasing in as well, though they were not of his religion, all beings belonged to god, and whether they accepted it or not, they will be doled out their proper reward when they are given judgement.

It mattered not who they worshipped, just if they lived their life in a positive way, he inspected the people on the floor, scanning their souls, holding the hands of the ones dying, some seemed repentant seeing him in this form, others held onto the hate harbored form years of hardship. He felt sorrow for those, but alas it was not up to him to pass such judgments, it was deaths, and though invisible to many he could see him wisp about.

Despite being enochian akin to death, he still never could get a clear form, he always looked like a fog, fitting as usually after battles in wars it was just so. Malik pondered the idea that maybe he is the one to bring such haze. Malik heard a whisper from somewhere. He peered around the area and his ears perked up and gasped.

It was just a child, probably no older than himself, she was not supposed to die yet, he could tell from the way death seemed hesitant to approach, whether cause he was there, or because he was told not to, he didn’t know. Frankly, it did not matter, he put his paw on the child’s head; he looked into her eyes and whispered something in the ancient language of angels.

How sad, she was thrown on the streets with her mother at the age of 4, by 5 her only known family had succumbed to the sickness that had struck this village. She tried living at the orphanage but ran away realizing what it was a front for, he skipped the lewd details and pressed on, she was fading but needed to know more. His eyes light up in the blue glow and his paw, soon she started to glow faintly to, perhaps he could spare this one; but it was of no use.

“Im sorry Malik”, distant, cold, such is the way of death, he looked down and released the girls hand, a decision was made in a place untouchable to him, how terrible, if only the still had field angels like before, perhaps things would be different. He shook his head and sighed, it was business as usual with a distant council of wind bags, he scoffed and looked toward the general.

His passion could be seen, it was a light blue fire glow surrounding him and some of the area; menacing as it seemed, it did no harm. His voice boomed slightly, echoing and vibrating in the ears of those who heard. “What do you think general, is this fitting to your ideal of primitives? Do you wish for something else instead? Why have you come here?”

Outside The Palace

Ah yes, an Angle. They haven't encountered one in the longest time, and they certainly did not think of Malik as being one of them. Some things were just to far in the past to remember... they were so young back then. The memories only remained for a moment, like the last traces of a dream when someone wakes up. But they quickly snapped to the present. The savages around them can not hear this conversation. But of course, you didn't have to speak to an Angle.
"Response: Rather or not they fit with my "ideal" does not matter. Observation: These deaths sadden you. Observation: You have something that I can not allow you to have. Conclusion: It would be most beneficial for the both of us for you to hear my proposal. Suggestion: You give me the scans, and I help you prevent any more deaths. Elaboration: I would use the various functions on my UTV to prevent help peacefully disperse the next mob that forms. Elaboration: It is too in my interest to have as little death as possible during this mission.

Inside The Palace

Inside The Palace, there is a room. Inside this room, is were an Alien rested their head. Now the door is open... and The Alien is gone.

OOC:
The General is communicating with The General mentally. And as such is not speaking, meaning only Malik and other beings with the ability to sense such a message can understand it. It would likely be difficult for anyone besides Malik to get the full content of the message however.
Last edited by Notalien on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alegeharia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:40 pm

Malik:

Malik sighs, a prayer; to him? No, it was more so a direct message, he tilted his head as he looked to the general, who could hear him yes, but he had no way of replying, he was after all an archangel, an exiled one at that, but not a messenger, he could only receive and reply with voice or in some cases a sword or “miracle”, he listened closely to the general as he looked down at the girl. He wouldn’t have accepted the terms either way, lives have no business on a negotiation table, it was a coward’s tactic.

He scoffed at the idea and looked at his gauntlet something about their tech must have been revealed that shouldn’t have. So, they must have first contact protocols after all, in a way it made sense, you cannot, whether on purpose or accident, let another planet gain advancement out of their level. But here who can tell? This place, the people, all have varying levels of evolved tech, but only a few were flight capable let alone warp capable.

He smiled, the “fire” was still going at a radius, a mob was growing again, and he could sense them starting to touch the “flames”. “Shit” he thought, they would soon realize it was harmless and would come rushing in.

Aither:

Aither was leaning against a wall, chewing idly on the bamboo shoot, he adjusted his patrol cap and looked over at the growing crowds. My how they flock despite the deaths, Maliks, emotional field wasn’t very effective against them for some reason, perhaps the extra emotion only worked as few towards the whole thing. Either way he pushed his sword out some with his left hand drawing it halfway, causing a loud pop from heated pressure difference.

The sword crackled and heated up more the metal of the blade starting to glow in fiery intensity. “This is your last chance to go back to your homes.” A cop through and through, he did not want a fight to go again but he kept slowly sliding the sword out, the fire on the blade growing with each inch freed. He did this slowly to help persuade them to calm, he didn’t want to pull the sword all the way and he would still rather it not come down to more bloodshed.
Last edited by Alegeharia on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malik Velkari is a fluffy bipedal digitigrade creature that is an angel hailing from the planet Celeste. He belongs to the kingdom of Alegeharia and has a brother known as Aither Velkari. The Tescorosso breed is a mix of red panda, wolf, and german shepherd. In some aspects Malik is a bit of a time traveler, being an archangel from the frost realm (Prince to King Arend) he has been alive since 1304.
Celeste is FT based, but in the year of 2021, it is currently ranging temps in 65-75 Fahrenheit. The planet is Earth like, and space faring. It hides its future tech within Medieval architecture and magic to appear less advanced.

Zhenshiwa
Secretary

Postby Zhenshiwa » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:49 pm

Phaenix wrote:
Phaerix, Talon Harbor

Colonellus Sextus bowed his head, but before he could order the column to leave, a lightly armored scout ran up to him. After briefly saluting, the scout gave his report.
"At least forty commoners, and one Pater Vigilans of the Church of the One God who's firing the crowd up about witches and demons. They've even strung up a couple of local alchemists."
"He's even saying that the crowd must...dispose of the foreign witch who has come to our shores."
Sextus gasped. To hear that such treason was going unpunished in the capital was horrifying, so he turned to Friedger and spoke.
"Only a few months, since that elf Tanithil Caiphyra tried to rouse the elven slaves to revolt."
Sextus smiled wolfishly.
As the column began to march, Sextus ordered that four of his legionaries stay farther back to ensure no stragglers reached the Empress. After a brief march, Sextus could see the crowd gathered outside the palace gates. The guards on the walls had their rifles trained on the mob, but so far had done nothing.
"See these creatures!? They consort with the Betrayer! They have sold their souls to gain access to unholy powers, and they claim to be healers!"
A half naked man with eyes, the sign of the One God, carved into his skin raved from a platform, just beneath to lynched alchemists. He held a book with nine eyes on it in his left, and a club in his right. He turned and saw the Empress and pointed his club at her.
"Look! Look upon the Betrayer incarnate! She seeks to spread her foul, foreign ways amongst our divine Empire! Chosen by the One God to rule the world! She must hang, along with all who use the foul magical arts!"
The legionaries and Keirch knights lined up to face the mob, while Sextus stood atop a few boxes and shouted at the raving priest.
"Cease this rabble-rousing at once! You are breaking the Emperor's peace, and have threatened a foreign sovereign! The price is death! If you disperse at once, we will spare you your pitiful lives!"
The priest laughed maniacally, and waved his club in the direction of the column.
"FIRE!"
The first few lines of the mob practically disappeared in a red mist, while the Keirch knights charged down the rest. Suddenly broken, the few remained rioters attempted to flee, only to be gunned down by the guards on the wall. With the mob dead, Sextus turned to the Empress as the palace gates were opened.
"I'm afraid this is a...unique situation, Your Imperial Majesty. The Empire is usually less chaotic than this."
Sextus motioned towards the gates, where just beyond them, the Emperor was waiting with a whole regiment of legionaries in full parade attire to greet the Empress.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your Highness, the Emperor would like to send his most sincere apologies about the delay. The celebrations will begin within the next two hours, and the ceremony will begin at midnight."
The slave briefly opened the door and set a platter with two glasses of a dark, red wine on the floor.
"He sends this as a gift. Two glasses of Lorian Fire Wine. He recommends that you sip them throughout the evening, as in his own words, 'One large gulp of this will make a dwarf blackout drunk in moments.'"

"By the Star Spirits..." Shikinami said in Zhenshiwanese with muted horror, her stoic expression breaking only slightly into one of disgust at the massacre that had just unfolded before her eyes. Fuyutsuki, for her part, was far less capable of concealing a look of utter contempt, leveling a glare at the Colonellus. The two Honor Guards had widened their stances, their hands resting on the hilts of their swords. "Did you hear what he said, Mother? Of the 'slaves'? Such a travesty is not an uncommon occurrence!" Shikinami's hand flew to her sword, gripping it tightly and starting to pull the blade forth, only for Fuyutsuki to place a hand on the young woman's arm. "Mother, there can be only one response!"

"We have neither the legal capacity nor the proper force to do so, daughter..." Fuyutsuki stated coldly, watching as her daughter gradually slid the blade back into its sheath. "I had not expected such barbarism to endure in the world beyond, clearly I was overly optimistic." What the two of them had just witnessed and overheard was perhaps the most disturbing collection of happenings in the history of the Empire. "You were right to call them Yu-Ehn..." She admitted mournfully, feeling a tad more sad than she thought she would.

What had transpired in that square, regardless of its causes, had violated nearly ever standard of governance with which Zhenshiwa held itself. Had such a thing transpired on Josai, the Imperial Army would descend upon the city and round up its entire governing body. There would be an inquiry, and those responsible for giving such an order would face Imperial justice... Here, however, the Imperial Army lacked any appreciable presence... It was a foreign country, after all.

"I have seen many things in my time as Sovereign..." Fuyutsuki began in the local tongue, letting her hand return to her side. "Natural disasters, famine, civil unrest... Not once have I seen something like this. Regardless of their threat to us, you speak of 'Slave revolts', and you shoot those that flee in the face of such terrible firepower..." Her tone was laced with anger as she eyed the soldiers, then passed her gaze over the rest of those presence. Shikinami followed suit, her eyes falling upon a strange looking alien figure... They seemed familiar, in a way, though not in any way the Princess could discern. "This..." Her glare fell upon Colonellus. "Is an outrage."

Notalien
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Notalien » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Malik:

Malik sighs, a prayer; to him? No, it was more so a direct message, he tilted his head as he looked to the general, who could hear him yes, but he had no way of replying, he was after all an archangel, an exiled one at that, but not a messenger, he could only receive and reply with voice or in some cases a sword or “miracle”, he listened closely to the general as he looked down at the girl. He wouldn’t have accepted the terms either way, lives have no business on a negotiation table, it was a coward’s tactic.

He scoffed at the idea and looked at his gauntlet something about their tech must have been revealed that shouldn’t have. So, they must have first contact protocols after all, in a way it made sense, you cannot, whether on purpose or accident, let another planet gain advancement out of their level. But here who can tell? This place, the people, all have varying levels of evolved tech, but only a few were flight capable let alone warp capable.

He smiled, the “fire” was still going at a radius, a mob was growing again, and he could sense them starting to touch the “flames”. “Shit” he thought, they would soon realize it was harmless and would come rushing in.

Outside The Palace

No? While The General wasn't 100% sure, it didn't seem as if Malik agreed to their proposal. This.. was not good. They clearly cared about the deaths of these simulacrums of intelegent life, why would they miss a chance to save them? They were starting to get angry, but he began to cool. Maybe they were wrong, it been... a long time since they interacted with an Angel. So they sent another message.
"Inquiry: Do you deny my offer? Observation: You have a chance to prevent the deaths of your beloved savages. The chances of them dieing goes up if they end up with lead in their chests. Request: Please give a signal confirming or denying my offer.
Last edited by Notalien on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:47 pm

Outside the Palace

Damnage had awakened not refreshed but at least able to conduct the business before him. A cup of aloe tea had helped reduce the minor aches he felt from the increased activity of the past few days. That left him with a quick patrol to check the security perimeter as the only task left before he could enter the actual ceremonies.

It was during the quick fly-over that the undemon noticed a crowd of zealots gathered at the main gate. Listening in, it didn't take him long to hear them bleat out for the death of a witch on palace grounds.

Do they know?

Nonsense. With what he had seen only today, It would have been an act of hubris for Damnage to consider himself the only being in these parts who qualified for inclusion in that category.

And it mattered little. Before he could even get to the scene, the palace guard gunned the mob down. This saddened Damnage. Even if he were not trying to develop--what was the word? Yes, compassion--he felt it wasteful not to arrest the mob, try them and make slaves of the worst of them. It would certainly give the Creature Brothers something to think about. Then the mob started getting back together and made the point moot.

Speaking of the devil--pun intended--it was about then that he caught the two of them speaking with the faux Angel in that verbose, redundant language of theirs. The language did not interest him. That they had sentiments similar to his own that caught the attention of the diplomat-from-the-abyss. Cloaking his sounds, he came in for a landing around the corner from them, just out of earshot.

"Pardon me, gentlemen," he said. "I am Damnage son of Smashmouth, diplomat of the Etherial Union. While I do not make a habit of eavesdropping, I could not help but overhear your conversation--and I agree. I can help...resolve this situation...without any further loss of life."

That his comment supported the military one's offer...was probably not fully heeded...but it was the kind of thing that diplomats do,
Last edited by SF n F on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Notalien
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Notalien » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:38 am

Outside the Palace

Damnage had awakened not refreshed but at least able to conduct the business before him. A cup of aloe tea had helped reduce the minor aches he felt from the increased activity of the past few days. That left him with a quick patrol to check the security perimeter as the only task left before he could enter the actual ceremonies.

It was during the quick fly-over that the undemon noticed a crowd of zealots gathered at the main gate. Listening in, it didn't take him long to hear them bleat out for the death of a witch on palace grounds.

Do they know?

Nonsense. With what he had seen only today, It would have been an act of hubris for Damnage to consider himself the only being in these parts who qualified for inclusion in that category.

And it mattered little. Before he could even get to the scene, the palace guard gunned the mob down. This saddened Damnage. Even if he were not trying to develop--what was the word? Yes, compassion--he felt it wasteful not to arrest the mob, try them and make slaves of the worst of them. It would certainly give the Creature Brothers something to think about. Then the mob started getting back together and made the point moot.

Speaking of the devil--pun intended--it was about then that he caught the two of them speaking with the faux Angel in that verbose, redundant language of theirs. The language did not interest him. That they had sentiments similar to his own that caught the attention of the diplomat-from-the-abyss. Cloaking his sounds, he came in for a landing around the corner from them, just out of earshot.

"Pardon me, gentlemen," he said. "I am Damnage son of Smashmouth, diplomat of the Etherial Union. While I do not make a habit of eavesdropping, I could not help but overhear your conversation--and I agree. I can help...resolve this situation...without any further loss of life."

That his comment supported the military one's offer...was probably not fully heeded...but it was the kind of thing that diplomats do,

Outside The Palace

This was... they stopped themselves and mentally strengthened their thoughts against reading. This was not good, if they could resolve this situation then that gave Malik no incentive to go with their offer. They.. they had to go back and create a new plan. That technology, if weaponized... well they might have to kiss this arm of the galaxy goodbye.

Inside The Palace

Sxdevik-Lhsdam/The Diplomat/Simon-Land

The Diplomat was mindlessly walking around The Palace halls. They were sure that the door was sealed. They are of unsure how they got it open, they are unsure of how they are doing anything. They are unsure of what] they are doing. At first when they woke up it was similar to a dream, the haziness of it and how no matter what happens you don't seem to question it. But they were slowly coming to reality. They knew this wasn't a dream. And with the hints of emotion they are beginning to feel, they can only identify it as anger.

Alegeharia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:21 am

Malik:

Malik looked over to Damnage and propped opened the flap on his gauntlet clicking the comm on his ear. “All right Zeta, what am I looking at about that.” The conversation could not be heard but he looked over at the demon studying him. “So you’re the soul I sensed earlier, what turned you eh?” He kept reading and listening to zeta as he studied the information. “Hmm” Malik thought, phasers, a horribly Frankensteined tractor beam, dangerous engines, this damn powder keg ready to go off, it was weaker than his personal ship, the Alvera, and possibly a runabout on the Redtail.

“Jesus, that thing might not be able to break orbit…” Malik looked up at the ship. According to his AIs calculations, that thing is going to blow a hole in the atmosphere if it tries to leave again, the engines need a refit and one badly. They would benefit from a new shield too. Malik closed the gauntlet and turned to see the crowd rushing in. Curses, he summoned his angelic weapons and turned to face the crowd.

Aither:

Aither sighed and fully unsheathed the sword before approaching damnage. “You here for the crown or Malik, I would rather focus on them-“ he points to the crowd advancing on them – “It would just benefit everyone if we quell the mobs first him?” Aither spun the sword in his right hand the spin creating a flame wheel as he dropped into a combat stance, surely no one would be stupid enough to fight a sword on fire right? He hoped at least as he grabbed the bamboo chute with the his left paw and tucked it away in a metal cigarette case that was repurposed for his bamboo.

Kalmarnavia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmarnavia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:58 am

The sound of guns and screaming drew Argalaic and Dontas to the window. Clearly another mob had threatened to storm the Palace in a rage against the Emperor and his new bride. Argalaic shook his head sadly.

"A waste, a pitiful waste. I'm not here to judge the Empire and their practices, but their treatment of the common folk leaves so much to be desired."

Dontas turned to Arge.

"We have poverty and destitution in the Six Realms, Arge. The Nobility hoard so much wealth yourself included, and our people struggle."
"Yes, but at least we help them! We have welfare, an actual social care system. People struggle but we don't leave them in the streets to suffer and we certainly don't shoot them for complaining!"

Don laughed slightly.
"No, to be fair, you don't. You or your siblings or uncles or cousins fly overhead on dragonback to put the fear of the Twelve into them."
"Carrot and stick, Don. A flypast by a dragon knocks the fervour out of rioting commoners, and what happens? They go home, alive. We talk to their lords. We send in fresh administrative people for local welfare. We actually solve their grievance. And they stay loyal, and living."

Dontas, in comparison to what happened here, could not argue with his friend. He turned back to the window and looked at the scene unfolding below.

"Hey Arge, look- new guests, very foreign by the looks of it. And they are absolutely berating the Emperor's guards!"

Arge peered out of the window. They were very foreign, the two women and their guards. One of decidedly younger, and hauntingly beautiful even from this distance.
Poised, assured, forthright- she must be a royal... And she looks roughly ages with cousin Makar too...

Dontas spied the bolt of cloth carried by one of the guards.

"Look Arge, their sigil- looks like you are not the only ones who claim the dragon!"

Arge's eyes narrowed.

"Hmm... It's more like a wyvern, Don. Here, I'll show them a true dragon banner."

He marched across the room to the banners which his guards had carried and unhooked the largest one. He walked back over to the window, politely edged Don aside, and with a flourish hung the banner of House Wend out of the window. The great red banner unfolded and the gold crowned dragon stitched intricately on to it seemed to roar in defiance and challenge.

"Ours by right!" he exclaimed, grinning wolfishly as he spoke his house words.

Dontas sighed, and supped the incredibly strong wine that had been supplied by the Emperor.
Last edited by Kalmarnavia on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scottish and European

¡No Pasaran!
#indyref2 #leavealighton

Notalien
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Notalien » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:16 am

Malik:

Malik looked over to Damnage and propped opened the flap on his gauntlet clicking the comm on his ear. “All right Zeta, what am I looking at about that.” The conversation could not be heard but he looked over at the demon studying him. “So you’re the soul I sensed earlier, what turned you eh?” He kept reading and listening to zeta as he studied the information. “Hmm” Malik thought, phasers, a horribly Frankensteined tractor beam, dangerous engines, this damn powder keg ready to go off, it was weaker than his personal ship, the Alvera, and possibly a runabout on the Redtail.

“Jesus, that thing might not be able to break orbit…” Malik looked up at the ship. According to his AIs calculations, that thing is going to blow a hole in the atmosphere if it tries to leave again, the engines need a refit and one badly. They would benefit from a new shield too. Malik closed the gauntlet and turned to see the crowd rushing in. Curses, he summoned his angelic weapons and turned to face the crowd."

Outside The Palace

The General kept their thoughts secure. When hearing it mumbled aloud The General at first felt insulted. This UTV wasn't their newest design but it had been properly maintained in it's Millennium of usage. That AI did a total of 3 seconds of work to make sure they all of the repairs that were needed. That's a lot of work an AI! Then The General realized, that unless Malik was attempting to fool them they only did a surface level scan. "Dangerous Engines", understatement of all Eons but of course, it was only truly dangerous to those who do not know how to use them. Is this an acceptable amount of data to be leaked? It's more acceptable than their initial concerns. While thinking this through they realized that the herd of savages was getting to close for their liking.

Inside The Palace

Sxdevik-Lhsdam/The Diplomat/Simon-Land
Anger, yes anger. Complete and utter anger. People were not property. In no way could this be correct, surely somewhere these Primitives must know how fundamentally wrong that is. Why would ANYONE with a hint of morality do this? They got angrier. Savages! Now they can't help wonder what else they do, so unimaginable to the civilized mind. SAVAGES! Do they treat their fellows as food as well? Meer commodities to be consumed to sustain their filthy existence? What else do they do? WHAT ELSE! WHAT ELSE! WHAT ELSE! Do they end each others lives if they so much as inconvenience them? And those people at ship-area, those people in those tightly packed buildings and that filth going through the streets. They didn't choose live like that! That is simply were they keep their property. You don't care what a 4D Printer thinks of the environment it is put in. So why would you care about were you put your people if they are nothing but property to you. If even their people didn't have value beyond a simple tool then what else are they to be used for? COULD THEY NOT SEE WHAT THEY DO? WERE THEY STUPID OR, JUST ...EVIL! COULD THEY NOT SEE HOW BARBARISAVAGESAVAGESAVAGES-... They needed to calm down.
The Diplomat slid down the wall and sat down. Back to the mission, back to the mission.
Last edited by Notalien on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaenix » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:29 am

Zhenshiwa wrote:
Phaenix wrote:
Phaerix, Talon Harbor

Sextus smiled wolfishly.
"FIRE!"

"By the Star Spirits..." Shikinami said in Zhenshiwanese with muted horror, her stoic expression breaking only slightly into one of disgust at the massacre that had just unfolded before her eyes. Fuyutsuki, for her part, was far less capable of concealing a look of utter contempt, leveling a glare at the Colonellus. The two Honor Guards had widened their stances, their hands resting on the hilts of their swords. "Did you hear what he said, Mother? Of the 'slaves'? Such a travesty is not an uncommon occurrence!" Shikinami's hand flew to her sword, gripping it tightly and starting to pull the blade forth, only for Fuyutsuki to place a hand on the young woman's arm. "Mother, there can be only one response!"

"We have neither the legal capacity nor the proper force to do so, daughter..." Fuyutsuki stated coldly, watching as her daughter gradually slid the blade back into its sheath. "I had not expected such barbarism to endure in the world beyond, clearly I was overly optimistic." What the two of them had just witnessed and overheard was perhaps the most disturbing collection of happenings in the history of the Empire. "You were right to call them Yu-Ehn..." She admitted mournfully, feeling a tad more sad than she thought she would.

What had transpired in that square, regardless of its causes, had violated nearly ever standard of governance with which Zhenshiwa held itself. Had such a thing transpired on Josai, the Imperial Army would descend upon the city and round up its entire governing body. There would be an inquiry, and those responsible for giving such an order would face Imperial justice... Here, however, the Imperial Army lacked any appreciable presence... It was a foreign country, after all.

"I have seen many things in my time as Sovereign..." Fuyutsuki began in the local tongue, letting her hand return to her side. "Natural disasters, famine, civil unrest... Not once have I seen something like this. Regardless of their threat to us, you speak of 'Slave revolts', and you shoot those that flee in the face of such terrible firepower..." Her tone was laced with anger as she eyed the soldiers, then passed her gaze over the rest of those presence. Shikinami followed suit, her eyes falling upon a strange looking alien figure... They seemed familiar, in a way, though not in any way the Princess could discern. "This..." Her glare fell upon Colonellus. "Is an outrage."

Phaerix, Victory Gates

Colonellus Sextus looked at the Empress with a perplexed expression.
"An outrage? They were zealots, dangerous ones at that. They had already lynched a couple of innocent alchemists, and had threatened to do the same to you. To leave one alive to tell others of their 'noble sacrifice' would inevitably lead to more of these killings. This was for the greater good of the Empire."
Sextus sighed.
"But you are right. Perhaps it was unjust for us to shoot the fleeing commoners. But I made the decision. If you are displeased, you can take it up with the Emperor."
Sextus looked up and smiled.
"Speaking of the Emperor, here he comes."
Emperor Titus Helvius Venatius was in a foul mood. One of his guards had found a note in the Pater Vigilans' pocket, written by his betrothed, speaking of how there were "foul practitioners of magic" infecting the Empire. While he was happy that the mob was dealt with, he was infuriated that his legionaries had shown such brutality infront of a foreign leader. He marched forward at the head of forty Phoenix Guard and waited as his herald listed off his titles.
"You stand in the presence of Emperor Titus Helvius Venatius, Lord of Fire, Uniter of the Empire, Marshal of the North, General Excelsis of the Sixteen Legions, Holder of the Mandate, and Emperor of Phaenix by the divine will of the Great Phoenix. Long live the Emperor!"
Emperor Titus stepped towards the Empress.
"My apologies for the bloodshed. The wedding has...roused the common people somewhat."
Titus lowered his voice.
"No doubt the work of my betrothed."
Titus spoke up once more.
"But you have arrived just as the celebrations are about to begin. Come, allow us to drown away this horrible affair with some fine Imperial cuisine and music."
Imperial Palace, Alabaster Walls

Decius was leaning on his rifle, goggling at the foreign empress when he heard a whoosh behind him. He turned, and gasped to see a dragon banner hanging from the window.
"Iohannes, Iohannes get out here!"
Iohannes, another guard, reluctantly left the tower he was in to step into the blazing heat.
"What is it, Decius? It's as hot as Infernum out here!"
Decius frantically pointed at the dragon banner.
"It's a coup! A coup! Look at that banner, it's almost exactly like the Empress' banner!"
Iohannes squinted, and shook his head.
"I doubt it's a coup. But I'll send a couple of guards to check it out. Wulfgar, Alfred, go check out that room."
The two guards nodded and raced to Prince Argalaic's room.

The two guards ran down the hallway and kicked down the door of Prince Argalaic's room.
"Hands in the air!"
They pointed their rifles at the two, but as soon as they realized what they had done, they dropped their rifles and fell to their knees.
"Forgive us, Your Highness! Some erratic guard had told us that the Emperor's wife had started a coup!"
The guard named Wulfgar bowed his head.
"We deserve to be executed!"
Alfred nodded his head in agreement.
Roma Aeterna!

ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:45 am

Outside the Palace

Damnage chuckled. "Ohhh," he said, "it's an ongoing process. You never completely turn. And sometimes it can be fun.

"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm quite the illusionist. In fact, I can even cast illusion spells that others can take part in. Great example: I call this one 'STAMP.'"

And with a broad smirk, Damnage stretched out his arm. A large facsimile rubber stamp appeared in the air over his head.

"Now...what should it say?" A keypad device appeared over his free hand and his fingers clawed briefly at it. Swinging his hands toward the crowd, he loosed the spell.

It didn't take them long to stop moving when they started finding the word "IDIOT" stamped on some of their foreheads.

"But why settle for only one?" He typed a few more letters. It became obvious that the words that formed above the typing tool were what would appear on the Stamp's next victim. This time, it read "Kick Me!"

After that, Damnage turned keyboard and launcher over to Malik.

In a few minutes, a crowd of townsfolk had formed around the mob, and they were laughing hysterically, watching all the signs that hung from the robes of the mob.

"There you go," Damnage said with a smirk. "Completely demoralized and not one of them actually harmed. I'd get them arrested if I were you.

"And that's not my only mercy weapon. You should see 'MAGIC MARKER,'" he said.
Last edited by SF n F on Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaenix » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:59 am

SF n F wrote:Outside the Palace

Damnage chuckled. "Ohhh," he said, "it's an ongoing process. You never completely turn. And sometimes it can be fun.

"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm quite the illusionist. In fact, I can even cast illusion spells that others can take part in. Great example: I call this one 'STAMP.'"

And with a broad smirk, Damnage stretched out his arm. A large facsimile rubber stamp appeared in the air over his head.

"Now...what should it say?" A keypad device appeared over his free hand and his fingers clawed briefly at it. Swinging his hands toward the crowd, he loosed the spell.

It didn't take them long to stop moving when they started finding the word "IDIOT" stamped on some of their foreheads.

"But why settle for only one?" He typed a few more letters. It became obvious that the words that formed above the typing tool were what would appear on the Stamp's next victim. This time, it read "Kick Me!"

In a few minutes, a crowd of townsfolk had formed around the mob, and they were laughing hysterically, watching all the signs that hung from the robes of the mob.

"There you go," Damnage said with a smirk. "Completely demoralized and not one of them actually harmed. I'd get them arrested if I were you."

Phaerix, Noble District

Centurion Varro Canii led a centuria of eighty men to arrest the demoralized mob.
"Wha-what happened? Where did this sign come from?"
One of the confused rioters stammered as he was slapped in irons. The legionary grinned at the man.
"I have no idea. But in the name of Emperor Titus Helvius Venatius, you are under arrest."
The rest of the mob quickly found themselves chained and dragged to the Imperatoria Ergastulis to work off their crime making clothes and, for the more violent offenders, mining for ore. Among the centuria was an archmagus who had come with them to see how the violence had ended so suddenly. Using his magic, he sensed two to three beings of immense power, and looked at where Malik, Aither, and Damnage were talking. Using his magic, he teleported over to them and spoke.
"Gentlemen, would it be prudent of me to assume you had some hand in quelling the mob? If so, then you have my thanks."
The archmagus pulled himself up.
"I am Archmagus Hortensius Decius Tarquinius, son of the great Magustyr Maximus Vagnius Tarquinius."
Roma Aeterna!

Kalmarnavia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmarnavia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:01 am

Neither Dontas or Argalaic had moved when the door had come practically off its hinges. Argalaic shook his head.

"Where are my guards when I need them...my apologies, my good men. I fear I may have been slightly overzealous in displaying my pride and the presence of House Wend in this place. The red banner is my own house's sigil, and has been for centuries."

Ser Gerold and Ser Jace reappeared at the end of the corridor. Ser Gerold went chalk white seeing the Prince's door caved in and two armed men within. He pulled his sword from it sheath, but caught Ser Dontas's eye over one of the men's shoulders. Don shook his head and raised a hand to calm Ser Gerold, who put his sword back in its sheath.

"Is everything alright, Your Grace?"
"Ah, Ser Jace. Yes, quite alright, it appears I inadvertently caused mild panic among a handful of the Emperor's guards by displaying our sigil from my window. I do apo- oh, rise, good fellows, rise!- I do apologise, it is common practise in the Six Realms for one to display his banner when in residence at another's keep. It is a sign to would-be foes that another has been granted the right of hearth, and to ward them off."

Argalaic filled two cups with water and handed them to the guards whilst Dontas picked up their fallen weapons.

Here, drink. Drink! It's incredibly hot outside, and you've had a panic. Go tell your men of the mistake, I shall speak to the Emperor myself and explain the faux paus on my part. If he deems it appropriate I will bring the banner in from the window."

Dontas handed the guards back their guns with a small smile.

"Do please accept His Grace's apologies, men. He is a proud fellow, and meant no harm. There will be no need to violence against your persons. In fact, we will personally commend you for your staunch and forthright action to His Majesty. Ser Gerold?"

The knight stood forward.

"Ser Dontas?"
"I would advise you escort these men back to their post, so that an equal may address their commander and explain the situation. It will no doubt save them for any ill-feeling."
"Of course, gladly. Ser Jace will accompany you and His Grace to the welcoming party, Ser Trevyn it appears has eaten something disagreeable and is currently abed."

Argalaic clapped both guards on the back.

"No harm done, gentlemen, you only did your job. Ser Gerold is one of the finest warriors in the Six Realms, and will speak to your credit to your commander. Go now, I must go to the Emperor now that more guests have arrived."

Ser Gerold smiled and gestured for the guards to follow him and Arge, Don and Ser Jace made their way down to the foyer to meet with the Emperor and the forthright new arrivals.

"Your Majesty," Argalaic said, nodding as Dontas and Ser Jace bowed low, "delighted to see you again- and in the fine company of fellow guests. I just had a run in with a couple of your guards- it seems by following the traditions of my own land in displaying my House banner from my window I sparked panic among your men. They arrived swiftly to investigate what they feared was an attempt against yourself, and whilst shocked at my door flying in I truly commend their zeal in defending your honour. I have sent one of my knights with them to speak to their commander on my behalf and thank them for their forthright action."

He turned to the new arrivals, without inclining his head this time. The Emperor had been gracious enough through his dealings and talks of potential alliance to be considered friend, but these were strangers. Ser Jace stood next to him, in front of the new arrivals.

"You are now in the presence of Argalaic, of the House Wend, Defender of the Dragon's Keep, Prince of Kalmarnavia, son of Jaeharys, of the House Wend, the First of his name, King of Kalmarnavia, Lord of the Six Realms, Ruler of the Skies and Defender of the Faith, descendant of Argalaic the Conqueror, of the blood of Eralia and the Blood of the Dragon."

Argalaic smiled at the newly arrived ladies.

"Well met."
Scottish and European

¡No Pasaran!
#indyref2 #leavealighton

Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaenix » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:20 am

Kalmarnavia wrote:Neither Dontas or Argalaic had moved when the door had come practically off its hinges. Argalaic shook his head.

"Where are my guards when I need them...my apologies, my good men. I fear I may have been slightly overzealous in displaying my pride and the presence of House Wend in this place. The red banner is my own house's sigil, and has been for centuries."

Ser Gerold and Ser Jace reappeared at the end of the corridor. Ser Gerold went chalk white seeing the Prince's door caved in and two armed men within. He pulled his sword from it sheath, but caught Ser Dontas's eye over one of the men's shoulders. Don shook his head and raised a hand to calm Ser Gerold, who put his sword back in its sheath.

"Ah, Ser Jace. Yes, quite alright, it appears I inadvertently caused mild panic among a handful of the Emperor's guards by displaying our sigil from my window. I do apo- oh, rise, good fellows, rise!- I do apologise, it is common practise in the Six Realms for one to display his banner when in residence at another's keep. It is a sign to would-be foes that another has been granted the right of hearth, and to ward them off."

Argalaic filled two cups with water and handed them to the guards whilst Dontas picked up their fallen weapons.

Here, drink. Drink! It's incredibly hot outside, and you've had a panic. Go tell your men of the mistake, I shall speak to the Emperor myself and explain the faux paus on my part. If he deems it appropriate I will bring the banner in from the window."

"Do please accept His Grace's apologies, men. He is a proud fellow, and meant no harm. There will be no need to violence against your persons. In fact, we will personally commend you for your staunch and forthright action to His Majesty. Ser Gerold?"

"Ser Dontas?"
"I would advise you escort these men back to their post, so that an equal may address their commander and explain the situation. It will no doubt save them for any ill-feeling."
"Of course, gladly. Ser Jace will accompany you and His Grace to the welcoming party, Ser Trevyn it appears has eaten something disagreeable and is currently abed."

"No harm done, gentlemen, you only did your job. Ser Gerold is one of the finest warriors in the Six Realms, and will speak to your credit to your commander. Go now, I must go to the Emperor now that more guests have arrived."

Ser Gerold smiled and gestured for the guards to follow him and Arge, Don and Ser Jace made their way down to the foyer to meet with the Emperor and the forthright new arrivals.

"Your Majesty," Argalaic said, nodding as Dontas and Ser Jace bowed low, "delighted to see you again- and in the fine company of fellow guests. I just had a run in with a couple of your guards- it seems by following the traditions of my own land in displaying my House banner from my window I sparked panic among your men. They arrived swiftly to investigate what they feared was an attempt against yourself, and whilst shocked at my door flying in I truly commend their zeal in defending your honour. I have sent one of my knights with them to speak to their commander on my behalf and thank them for their forthright action."

He turned to the new arrivals, without inclining his head this time. The Emperor had been gracious enough through his dealings and talks of potential alliance to be considered friend, but these were strangers. Ser Jace stood next to him, in front of the new arrivals.

"You are now in the presence of Argalaic, of the House Wend, Defender of the Dragon's Keep, Prince of Kalmarnavia, son of Jaeharys, of the House Wend, the First of his name, King of Kalmarnavia, Lord of the Six Realms, Ruler of the Skies and Defender of the Faith, descendant of Argalaic the Conqueror, of the blood of Eralia and the Blood of the Dragon."

"Well met."

Imperial Palace, Grand Foyer

Emperor Titus turned to greet Prince Argalaic, but was interrupted by a somehow even drunker Lord Brorgar.
"Swatch at aw th' taa folks. There's loch fifty ay ye!"
Lord Brorgar then saw the Empress and fell to his knees.
"Yer ladyship, Ah hae ne'er seen a mair bonnie hen. Please, allaw me tae grace myself in yer presence forever!"
The silence was ubeareble, but was broken by the sound of plated feet running towards Lord Brorgar.
"Nae! Nae, dornt tak' me awa' frae thes goddess! I'll skin ye alife, ye evil dogs, fur takin' me awa'!"
Lord Brorgar's guards huffed as they dragged the drunken diplomat away, while a red-faced Emissary Ironfall apologized profusely for Lord Brorgar's behavior.
"Forgife his lordship. He's hud tay much tae bevvy, an' disnae ken whit he is sayin'."
Emissary Ironfall quickly pulled out a golden amulet in the shape of two dragons breathing fire. In the center of the amulet was a red gem, which seemed to pulse with flames.
"Tak' thes, yer Imperial Majesty, as a gift frae th' legitimate government ay th' Kingdom ay Durikad."
Ironfall knelt down on one knee and presented it to the Empress. He also lowered his voice.
"An' also as an apology fur whatever 'at drunken sot said tae offend ye."
Roma Aeterna!

Alegeharia
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:10 am

Phaenix wrote:
SF n F wrote:Outside the Palace

"There you go," Damnage said with a smirk. "Completely demoralized and not one of them actually harmed. I'd get them arrested if I were you."

Phaerix, Noble District

Centurion Varro Canii led a centuria of eighty men to arrest the demoralized mob.
"Wha-what happened? Where did this sign come from?"
One of the confused rioters stammered as he was slapped in irons. The legionary grinned at the man.
"I have no idea. But in the name of Emperor Titus Helvius Venatius, you are under arrest."
The rest of the mob quickly found themselves chained and dragged to the Imperatoria Ergastulis to work off their crime making clothes and, for the more violent offenders, mining for ore. Among the centuria was an archmagus who had come with them to see how the violence had ended so suddenly. Using his magic, he sensed two to three beings of immense power, and looked at where Malik, Aither, and Damnage were talking. Using his magic, he teleported over to them and spoke.
"Gentlemen, would it be prudent of me to assume you had some hand in quelling the mob? If so, then you have my thanks."
The archmagus pulled himself up.
"I am Archmagus Hortensius Decius Tarquinius, son of the great Magustyr Maximus Vagnius Tarquinius."

Malik:

Malik’s face quirked at the introduction his powers waning and shutting off, his wings twitched, almost in delight. A cub is a cub, and as any other 8-year-old he couldn’t help himself. “Greetings Maximus Vaginus, it is good to meet you.” He smirked and started walking to the palace to join the others. “Come I suppose we should join the others in the palace again.”

Aither:

Aither nodded and looked at damnage, “Shall you join us brother?” Aither wasn’t a demon persay like him but a demon was a demon, and kinship was felt. “I suppose we should get you with the rest of the pot, and really stir thing hmm? Seems everyone here has just about caused something!” Aither pulled the metal tin out and took a bamboo chute placing it in his mouth to idly chew on it.

Last edited by Alegeharia on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Maximus WHAT? Someone's parents sure had issues!

Still, there was an introduction and there was a palace...and Damnage hadn't stopped at one bottle of that whiskey he had procured as a wedding present...and there was a certain directive that he had been given.

"Well...things just sorta seemed to take care of themselves, but I think the palace could use a little good cheer."

And thus they were off. Damnage reached into that bottomless purse of his and brought out a nice, big bottle of the whiskey he had found at the sea port a few leagues away. Slightly sweet at first, but with an aftertaste like velvet. How they kept the stuff a secret the turned demon had no idea. He just reverted to 'noid form and poured a few drinks.

Last edited by SF n F on Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zhenshiwa
Secretary

Postby Zhenshiwa » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Phaenix wrote:
Phaerix, Victory Gates

Colonellus Sextus looked at the Empress with a perplexed expression.
"An outrage? They were zealots, dangerous ones at that. They had already lynched a couple of innocent alchemists, and had threatened to do the same to you. To leave one alive to tell others of their 'noble sacrifice' would inevitably lead to more of these killings. This was for the greater good of the Empire."
Sextus sighed.
"But you are right. Perhaps it was unjust for us to shoot the fleeing commoners. But I made the decision. If you are displeased, you can take it up with the Emperor."
Sextus looked up and smiled.
"Speaking of the Emperor, here he comes."
Emperor Titus Helvius Venatius was in a foul mood. One of his guards had found a note in the Pater Vigilans' pocket, written by his betrothed, speaking of how there were "foul practitioners of magic" infecting the Empire. While he was happy that the mob was dealt with, he was infuriated that his legionaries had shown such brutality infront of a foreign leader. He marched forward at the head of forty Phoenix Guard and waited as his herald listed off his titles.
"You stand in the presence of Emperor Titus Helvius Venatius, Lord of Fire, Uniter of the Empire, Marshal of the North, General Excelsis of the Sixteen Legions, Holder of the Mandate, and Emperor of Phaenix by the divine will of the Great Phoenix. Long live the Emperor!"
Emperor Titus stepped towards the Empress.
"My apologies for the bloodshed. The wedding has...roused the common people somewhat."
Titus lowered his voice.
"No doubt the work of my betrothed."
Titus spoke up once more.
"But you have arrived just as the celebrations are about to begin. Come, allow us to drown away this horrible affair with some fine Imperial cuisine and music."

"Very well..." Fuyutsuki said reservedly, glancing about the dead commoners before once again shaking her head in disbelief. Her attention turned to one of their Honor Guards. "Return to the ship and instruct the Captain to be prepared for an immediate departure, just in case. Report upon what you have seen here, assure the Captain I and the Princess are in good health. Bring two further guards when you return..." She ordered in Zhenshiwanese, the guard bowed as deeply as he could given the armor he wore. "Forgive my bluntness, Emperor, but what I have seen and heard in the short time since my arrival does not fill me with confidence... I will be sending word of what has happened here to my vessel, to assure them of my safety. I request you send along additional forces to escort my messenger through the city... Lest he befall a similar calamity as what I have seen here."

The Empress and Shikinami began walking towards the palace gates, their previously relaxed postures appearing far less so. As far as relations between Zhenshiwa and this Empire were concerned, it was likely no further contact would be made aside from that which was necessary. The remaining delegations from other nations, however, remained a point of interest that the Empress could not afford to ignore. It was the only reason why she had not turned around on the spot. Shikinami would not have been quite so forgiving as her mother, but she was not about to question Fuyutsuki's decision in the presence of so many high ranking outsiders.

Kalmarnavia wrote:Neither Dontas or Argalaic had moved when the door had come practically off its hinges. Argalaic shook his head.

"Ser Dontas?"

"Well met."

The Empress looked to their remaining Honor Guard, then made a brief gesture with her hand. The man stepped forward and straightened, speaking for the first time since leaving the boat, he stood tall.

"Presenting Her Imperial Majesty Kashiwa Oboro Fuyutsuki, Empress of All the Zhenshiwanese Peoples." The guard announced loudly, his voice booming beneath his helmet. His hand then gestured to Shikinami, in the same passionate voice he continued. "Accompanied by Her Imperial Highness, Crown Princess Kashiwa Shikinami, Heir to the Throne and Future Ruler of All the Zhenshiwanese." With that, the guard stepped backwards to his original spot behind the Empress.

"Peace and Long Life to you..." Fuyutsuki said, bowing her head slightly in greeting. Shikinami likewise bowed her head for the briefest of moments, setting her jaw squarely as she looked at Argalaic's entourage. Her hand still rested at her waist beside her sword, as she was obviously still wary following the massacre, though she appeared far less inclined to draw the weapon. She was incapable of returning the King's smile, as her mood had soured considerably. While her mother was capable of hiding her remaining contempt for what had just transpired, Shikinami was not as well versed. Before she could go any further, however, a drunkard was apparently approaching.

Phaenix wrote:
Imperial Palace, Grand Foyer

Emperor Titus turned to greet Prince Argalaic, but was interrupted by a somehow even drunker Lord Brorgar.
"Swatch at aw th' taa folks. There's loch fifty ay ye!"
Lord Brorgar then saw the Empress and fell to his knees.
"Yer ladyship, Ah hae ne'er seen a mair bonnie hen. Please, allaw me tae grace myself in yer presence forever!"
The silence was ubeareble, but was broken by the sound of plated feet running towards Lord Brorgar.
"Nae! Nae, dornt tak' me awa' frae thes goddess! I'll skin ye alife, ye evil dogs, fur takin' me awa'!"
Lord Brorgar's guards huffed as they dragged the drunken diplomat away, while a red-faced Emissary Ironfall apologized profusely for Lord Brorgar's behavior.
"Forgife his lordship. He's hud tay much tae bevvy, an' disnae ken whit he is sayin'."
Emissary Ironfall quickly pulled out a golden amulet in the shape of two dragons breathing fire. In the center of the amulet was a red gem, which seemed to pulse with flames.
"Tak' thes, yer Imperial Majesty, as a gift frae th' legitimate government ay th' Kingdom ay Durikad."
Ironfall knelt down on one knee and presented it to the Empress. He also lowered his voice.
"An' also as an apology fur whatever 'at drunken sot said tae offend ye."

Fuyutsuki quietly looked at Ironfall and the offered amulet, to say her impressions of Phaenix had once again diminished would be an understatement. Drunkards, brutal massacres, slavery and violence...? It was no wonder the people of this nation wanted to revolt. To allow a member of the nobility to become so intoxicated was an insult, to then be accosted by said drunken 'noble'? Well... She'd already used the word outrage once that day. She viewed Ironfall, however, with a bit more favorability. Here was a man attempting to make up for the misdeeds of her disgraceful superior. Maintaining her mask of calm, the Empress accepted the amulet and examined its strange properties in closer detail.

"Your gift, and apology, are accepted..." Fuyutsuki said with a gentle nod, she glanced to her right at both Shikinami and the Honor Guard, both of whom had been placed on edge by Brogar's antics. "Fortuitous of you to arrive when you did..."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents