NATION

PASSWORD

MCU/Superhero Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opinion on Across the Spider-Verse

Haven’t Seen It
37%
0 Stars
2%
1 Star
2%
2 Stars
2%
3 Stars
10%
4 Stars
49%

Total votes : 63

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Dr Doom is just too cool though.

He sits in a castle on a throne, builds super weapons, wields powerful magic, and wears a steel mask along with green capes/cloaks

How can anyone not like this?

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:22 pm

tbh a Doom movie that's basically a plot clone of LOTR could honestly work super well
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:24 pm

Cisairse wrote:tbh a Doom movie that's basically a plot clone of LOTR could honestly work super well

Wait

Then Doom = Sauron/Saruman

And the fellowship is the FF?

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Cisairse wrote:tbh a Doom movie that's basically a plot clone of LOTR could honestly work super well

Wait

Yeah.

And, like, replace all the hiking with space hiking.
Last edited by Cisairse on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Wait

Yeah.

*German accent* But where is Mt Doom?

It's DOCTOR Doom.

(You probably don't get the whole joke... the first line is something the German tourist asks nears the start of No. 2, which is a film. Hilariously, the only Youtube video a two second search turned up seems to be from a... German dub.)
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Forsher wrote:
Cisairse wrote:Yeah.

*German accent* But where is Mt Doom?

It's DOCTOR Doom.

(You probably don't get the whole joke... the first line is something the German tourist asks nears the start of No. 2, which is a film. Hilariously, the only Youtube video a two second search turned up seems to be from a... German dub.)

In my eyes it’s a high crime to confuse Mount Doom with Dr. Doom

:)

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:40 am

I'm really thinking that Krakoa is going to be part of the MCU, which I'm meh on the whole super hippie island, but it does also mean...SAVAGE LANDS! It also also means that the fake geography of the MCU is growing with Wakanda and in Falcon and the Winter Soldier they'll be in Madripoor at some point. Or a place that has Madripoor flags. Then Latevaria added to Wakanda. Fake Marvel places stacking up. I'm here for it. Especially Savage Lands. I don't want to cure cancer, I just want to turn people into dinosaurs.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:42 am

"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Clint does not require a high tech suit, just a set of purple sunglasses.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:57 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Clint does not require a high tech suit, just a set of purple sunglasses.

you know what else Clint doesn't require?
A solo movie
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:40 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Clint does not require a high tech suit, just a set of purple sunglasses.

And a bunch of high tech arrow tips.
Gig em Aggies wrote:

A solo movie

He gets a Disney+ series.

Coryanhafflaruda
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Coryanhafflaruda » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:44 pm

I'm gonna wonder whose gonna be the villains of the third Spider-man film.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:

And a bunch of high tech arrow tips.
Gig em Aggies wrote:you know what else Clint doesn't require?
A solo movie

He gets a Disney+ series.

https://youtu.be/mO6sC9ZuF8A should be more fitting for Clint then a Disney+ series
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Coryanhafflaruda wrote:I'm gonna wonder whose gonna be the villains of the third Spider-man film.

Kraven the Hunter.

That's just my wish. I've made it...how many Spider-man movies have their been? Seven? I've made it seven times.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Coryanhafflaruda wrote:I'm gonna wonder whose gonna be the villains of the third Spider-man film.

Kraven the Hunter.

That's just my wish. I've made it...how many Spider-man movies have their been? Seven? I've made it seven times.

8 if you count Spiderverse.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Kraven the Hunter.

8 if you count Spiderverse.

everyone knows the sipderverse doesn't count. but speaking of Spiderman 3 i feel like maybe Green Goblin or even Hob Goblin

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:02 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:8 if you count Spiderverse.

everyone knows the sipderverse doesn't count. but speaking of Spiderman 3 i feel like maybe Green Goblin or even Hob Goblin

Nope, he's definitely on time out. Two attempts in the first two franchises, he's on time out.

I'd love for them to long term establish the Osbornes and have Norman Osborne be able to work his way to megavillian, but Spider-man's gallery is so deep there's no need to repeat, especially one who got done twice. I can't remember where I saw the quote so maybe I'm pulling it out of my ass but I believe they overtly stated no repeats when it came to Spider-man villains. Or main ones, I should look it up...and yet...

I will admit it kind of feels like Batman without Joker.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:47 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:

A solo movie

This goes on the list of things I didn't know I wanted but do now need. Thank you.

I hope they follow the 90's animated series finale and have Spider-Carnage as villian who wants to destroy the multiverse. That way we get: alternate dimensions in the MCU, Madame Web, Uncle Ben's alive, both Goblins simultaniously, Gwen Stacey and MJ, Iron Spider-man, Dr Octopus/Spider-man, Ben Reily, six armed Spider-Man who turns into a giant spider and a lame powerless stuntman who plays Spider-man in a TV show.

Kraven the Hunter.

Would that be easier or harder now that Spider-man's identity is out? It would make hunting easier but less sporting.

Also, Osborne is just a competent Hammer.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:31 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:you know what else Clint doesn't require?
A solo movie

This goes on the list of things I didn't know I wanted but do now need. Thank you.

I hope they follow the 90's animated series finale and have Spider-Carnage as villian who wants to destroy the multiverse. That way we get: alternate dimensions in the MCU, Madame Web, Uncle Ben's alive, both Goblins simultaniously, Gwen Stacey and MJ, Iron Spider-man, Dr Octopus/Spider-man, Ben Reily, six armed Spider-Man who turns into a giant spider and a lame powerless stuntman who plays Spider-man in a TV show.

Seems like a Spider-verse story. Probably a better place for it since in animation they can go nuts.
HC Eredivisie wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Kraven the Hunter.

Would that be easier or harder now that Spider-man's identity is out? It would make hunting easier but less sporting.

Also, Osborne is just a competent Hammer.

Maybe that's why he renamed S.H.I.E.L.D. H.A.M.M.E.R.

My favorite move in that is that he never says what H.A.M.M.E.R. means.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:47 am

Well, I just want to see Spider-Carnage in a movie.
The MCU has half of the Sinister Six so maybe that's the direction they're going.

25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:46 am

Hawkeye is the strongest avenger.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am

HC Eredivisie wrote:Well, I just want to see Spider-Carnage in a movie.
The MCU has half of the Sinister Six so maybe that's the direction they're going.

Even pre-MCU deal Sony has been gung ho about getting to a Sinister Six movie. Part of what made Amazing Spiderman 2 so rushed and crowded feeling was insistence on seeding the Sinister Six stapled on the Electro story. That's where you get the showdown that feels like "Oh, and oh yeah, Green Goblin is here. And look, it's the Vulture wings and the Doctor Octopus arms...we're totally doing the Sinister Six. Not with Lizard or Electro like we've already introduced, though...it's something we're only going to rush build in the second movie. If only there was a model for this kind of world building we could have looked at...

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:09 pm

Note on Doom, but in the comics at least Latveria was fairly corrupt and autocratic monarchy prior to Doom taking over. The comics generally agree that he is a better ruler, though they vary on how much of a police state & how well liked he (at least so far as I know, based on the wikis and such).

Translating this to a solo movie, you can get a pretty good tragedy out of it - man sets out to change the world, becomes the very thing he strove to overthrow (if marginally better). Hel, lean full into the dichotomy of Doom, have it be a virtual paradise of science & healthcare & etc, except for all the surveillance and lack of freedom requisite to do so.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:38 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Hawkeye is the strongest avenger.

The only movie he wasn't in ended in half the universe dying.

If Hawkeye wasn't a god among men, then explain how that was able to happen.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:15 am

New haven america wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Hawkeye is the strongest avenger.

The only movie he wasn't in ended in half the universe dying.

If Hawkeye wasn't a god among men, then explain how that was able to happen.

if he was a god among men then why did he let Iron Man and my girl Black Widow Die?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction