NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [IC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Elysian Kentarchy
Senator
 
Posts: 4645
Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Illania de Velira

I sigh, blow some of my hair out of my face, and reply in a matter of fact tone, "attacking Duivene was and is an essential maneuver. Duivene is, objectively speaking, the nation in the best position to stop us at the moment so grandfather decided it would be best to preemptively attack. Hence our earlier attack that I was captured in. Our goal at the time was to kill the False Hero Alexis and march on Chovers as quickly as we could and either storm or burn the city to the ground before people realized what was happening. The suddenness of our attack, her death, and the loss of Chovers combined would be such a blow to Duivene that they would struggle to recover from and allow us time to secure everything we could while fighting off the Haliarchy and Xerenia. But she is alive and the False Hero Ekatiz attacked us and forced a retreat so any such move will be delayed until his forces are dealt with." I shrug and continue. "Regardless, we have other people handling those forts and outposts and the forces they have been given should be sufficient. Granted, with our attack delayed, I imagine grandfather will dedicate more troops to securing those faster, if he isn't doing so already. But grandfather kept his contingency plans secret so I can only presume that is his next move, it would fit his character anyway. Personally speaking I do not think of them as much of a concern as long as they are under siege as they are within our territory, as you have noted, so their fall is inevitable."


Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24860
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Kingdom of Duivene
Chovers, the Two Towers

Inside one of the barracks

A single one of the Faith Keepers had joined the small group in their interrogation, following them into the barracks - the priestess, or at least so it seemed. She just stood there, in her dark crimson robes, her face hidden by a crimson velvet veil, still holding the silver, metallic staff, with its complicated carved symbols, and with its small flame burning at its top. She remained quiet while the two Duivenian knights asked their questions, while the Achysian mage answered, just standing, and watching. With the burning magical flame on her staff one could have even mistaken her for a statue, eternally observing and bringing light, but nothing more.

But then, out of a sudden.. a voice was heard. Hers. It was soft, and yet cold, quiet, and yet stern. "Do not believe the lies of the deceitful flame. She was a mage of the Apostate-Emperor, a servant of their treacherous flame. And her heart has remained hollow all this time.. like the cursed fire that she wields. Do not believe anything she says, any of her mendacious words. She remained loyal to the dream of a treason years after that dream was crushed and broken. She continued to fight for her accursed Serpent years after its head was cut off and body burned. Loyalty to evil and sin is still loyalty... why would she throw away that allegiance so quickly, so shallowly? Why would she just tell you everything that you wanted hear, answer all of your questions, out of a sudden? Lies and deceit. The venom of the Serpent still pours lies into the ears and hearts of those who are too eager to listen. Only the Gods know how many have strayed away from the Light and the Imperishable Flame during the War because of little snakes like her. She will tell you what you want to hear, she will lie to you, serving the plans of her desperate family until the end.. unless..

And the priestess hesitated, looking at Eric and Peter for a moment, before she looked back at Illania.. or at least seemed to, from behind that veil. "Unless you give her to us. Deceit is in her nature, but no one can hide from the Judgement's Eye. She shall be cleansed and purified by pain, until she renounces her false flame and wicked light, until she confesses all of her sins, until she repents. Through suffering, her soul will be saved, and once purified and returned to the light of the Gods, she will never lie again. Bare and no longer tainted, she will stand in front of the Judgement's Eye and tell us the truth. All the truth."


Inside the Tower of the Augurs

The group of knights sent by the Seneschal managed to bring the princess back to her room, where they gently placed on her bed, leaving her in the care of her maids while most of them left - with only two of them remaining inside the room as guards, and two more being posted outside, at the door. Just a few years ago, a group of guards would have been swarming around any place where a member of Duivene's royal family was, determined to never allow another death of royal blood again.. but times change.

Alexis seemed to be alright, physically at least, with no wounds from her brutal battles..but her skin was horribly pale and cold. Her continuous fighting had finally brought her over the edge - she had used far too much mana. She was so weakened that she was still unconscious, even if the battle had ended more than a half a day before. She needed help, magical help, and that as soon as possible.

And then, the door was suddenly pushed open, as a group of people rushed in...but they weren't the healing mages that were supposed to arrive. The first of them was a young man, a boy maybe, although his features were also just slightly feminine. He looked as if he had never seen the light of the sun in his entire life - with pale, milk-like skin that almost seemed sickly in a way, with long white hair that went to his shoulders, and pale red, almost pink eyes. He was however, honestly beautiful - with the one thing ruining that being a red mark on the left side of his face, from his throat all the way up to his leftt cheek, which was either a birthmark.. or a mark left by cursed fire, never to be completely healed. He didn't seem to be particularly muscular, and he seemed to be only armed with what looked to be an estoc, lying in its crimson leather sheathe. He was wearing a light armor, chainmail and a few plates, and a crimson tunic with a scarlet cloak over it. And in his left hand, there was a rather peculiar book - large, covered in gold and crimson leather, without a title and with a single symbol on the cover - a crimson Flower of the Faith.

The seal of the Faith's Judgement.

Seeing this strange figure, the two guards inside of the room started to unsheathe their swords, but they immediately abandoned any thought of resistance when the rest of the group entered. Right behind him there was a woman.. but she was taller and looked to be stronger than pretty much anyone else in the room. Her threatening size and strength greatly contrasted with her long green hair, and with her gentle gray eyes. However, probably just to further emphasize that no one should mess with her - she was holding in her hands an absolutely gigantic halberd, longer than even her, with a crimson blade, that seemed to be weirdly marked with some magical chants of an unknown origin, written in white. And right next to her there was her complete opposite - a girl or a boy, who actually looked like a child. She seemed to be the complete opposite of the other woman, short, wearing a simple chainmail armor that was also dyed in crimson, medium-length but scruffy white hair, and light pink eyes. She was armed with a peculiar pol-arm - what might be known in Duivene as a ranseur, almost as long as the woman's halberd, a spear of sorts, with a crescent-shaped blade acting a a hilt, at the base of the spear's tip.

And behind them there were four or five men and women wearing standard crimson armors and helmets,with their faces covered by ceremonial scarlet veils, turning them into nameless pawns. They were armed with blood-red swords, and their vermilion shields were emblazoned with the same crimson seal.

For a moment, the room was silent, as the maids and the two guards were simply too shocked to do anything but to look at the small army that had just entered through the door. And before they were able to do anything, the man leading the Faith Keepers started to speak.

"Princess Alexis is no longer safe here. But fear not, for the Faith's Judgement will not allow anything else to happen to one of the Seven Heroes.", he told them, with a soft and calming voice that seemed to be very soothing, had it not been for the armed Faith Keepers behind him..while a few of them moved towards the princess' bed in order to take her away. "Her safety will be our highest priority. In the name of the Most Holy Faith's Judgement, we thank you all for your abettance.", he continued with a smile on his face..


Wyzkia
A castle


Elzbieta continued to look straight at Alina, fierce crimson eyes meeting terrified blue ones, even if the pink haired girl was backing away, even if she looked as if she was about to break down in tears. But despite her best attempts to look angry, and despite how fierce she seemed to be.. Elzbieta seemed to be on the verge of crying too. It was difficult to understand what was happening, and what truly was in her heart, but she didn't seem to actually hate Alina, she just seemed to be.. afraid. Frightened of something. Not that it mattered. Not to Alina at least. Her wild attacks had completely shattered the poor girl.. and Rafal was hesitating to say anything else.

He was just.. too shocked to even fully comprehend what was happening. The revelation that his own sister hated him and thought that he had abandoned her was already more than enough to crush his heart.. as he never had any idea that there was so much bitterness inside of her. That he was such a failure as a brother. He had never thought about how she was feeling.. after the war, all that had mattered to him was following his father's wishes. Becoming a paladin. It was his duty, his honor and his name were on the line. It was all that he desired.. or at least, all that he thought that he wanted. But he had also just used as an excuse. Becoming a paladin, receiving the council's blessing, those were all just excuses to stay away from home. To pretend that nothing had changed, that nothing had been lost. As long as he was away, who was to say that his parents and brother weren't home, just waiting for him to return? He had tried to avoid his own pain, his own fears, his own guilt.. and he had completely ignored her feelings.

It hurt.. it hurt to realize all of that.. but it didn't seem to hurt as much as seeing Alina's expression after all those words that Elzbieta had said. Maybe he was selfish. Feeling more guilty about how Alina was feeling than about his sister's feeling.. but he couldn't just stay and watch. Everyone else was silent - the servants and even Wulf seemed to be shocked about this violent exchange, and even the gryphon seemed to be taken aback by all these feelings.

"Elzbieta.. stop it, please. You don't know what you are talking about, you have no idea.. please, just... you don't understand.", the green eyed squire tried to say, his voice too soft to be heard by anyone else but them. "If there is someone you need to be angry at, it's me.. just me." But the blonde girl didn't seem to have heard anything. Or she didn't want to hear anything. "I'll prove it.. I'll prove it! I'll prove it that she's just a little scheming, lying whore!", Elzbieta shouted, as she quickly took a few steps forward, and before Alina could even react, she grabbed her hand, and then..

For those looking at them, nothing happened. Nothing visibly at least, other than that both of them suddenly remained quiet.

But for the two of them..

Alina suddenly felt.. at ease. Calm. As if the storm of fear and shame and guilt and pain that had been engulfing her just moments before had simply vanished. As if all of her suffering was simply gone, all her bad memories, all her nightmares, everything and anything. For a moment, it was as if she didn't even exist..

But it was just for a moment.

Elzbieta let go of her hand, and whatever had just taken all of her pain and emotions away stopped - though it wasn't like everything just came back, rushing in - it was as if someone had taken all those horrible feelings away and left behind and open space that would slowly be filled again. The red eyed girl on the other hand..

Tears were already rolling down her cheeks as she let go of Alina's hand, and she simply fell on her knees, covering her face with her hands as she started to just cry and cry, tears coming forward as if a dam had been broken. "I'm sorry..... I'm sorry,.........I'm sorry...... I'm sorry...... I'm sorry...", she she was trying to say, again and again and again in between violent and uncontrollable sobbing. "I didn't.. I didn't know.. I'm sorry.. "
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Elysian Kentarchy
Senator
 
Posts: 4645
Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Illania de Velira

I chuckle and grin at her words. "Indeed, why should I tell the truth oh good Faith Keeper? My reason is simple, because I have no doubt in my mind that we will triumph and I believe that nothing I say will change that fact. So I see no reason to not be honest, which is far more than those who bear the Flame of Liars could ever say against the Flame of Solaris commanded by His holy son."

My grin falters as I remember certain groups that reflect the desperation of my people and I continue quietly, "my people have nothing left to live for but we have plenty of things to die for and grandfather's uprising is only the beginning. Those who took everything from us will face things far worse than he is as my people will rise up again and again until we are all wiped out, each uprising more fanatical and insane than the last. But I suppose that is the desire of our enemies, it would make their lies easier to believe if the truth is dead. Although, you were right in one regard Keeper, I will serve Achysia, my people, and His Undying Majesty until my last breath and not even the Haliarchy will take that from me, but I am also a prisoner so in respect to that I will speak the truth to any question I am asked."

I don't mention that, in my heart, while I fight for Achysia and my people, I do not actually fight for His Undying Majesty, not anymore, but for something else entirely, a very laughable reason that everyone from Solomon to him said I shouldn't do but there was nothing else to be done.

Mélodie Beauvais

I switch out the cloth on the Princess' forehead with a new one I had placed on a tray above a candle and spread a new blanket above her, she desperately needs a healer and nothing I can do will help with that but I can at least make her more comfortable. I place the back of my hand on her cheek, still cold, so I place my hands on her cheeks to try to warm them some. But even then my mind goes back to that wound on her leg. Someone had to do that, someone skilled with the blade, and, on my chest, that old scar starts itching, could it have been her that... The sound of the door opening snaps me out of my thoughts and I turn with a frown but I quickly wipe that from my face and, after hearing their leader's words, step away from the Princess to put myself between them and bow.

"I am sorry, and I am sure you mean well, but as one of the Princess' maids I cannot, in good conscious, let the Princess be moved elsewhere in the state she is in for she is in desperate need of the healers that I have sent for. Further, seeing as she has been unconscious for awhile, it would not do her well to wake up in an unfamiliar environment. Considering the strain she has been put under with her duties it is sensible for her health and mental state that she wake up in her bed at home and discuss being moved elsewhere later after she wakes up. I am sure when she does so that she will see the sense of your proposal and happily agree to your request." I pause in thought before continuing with my head bowed, "if His Majesty or the Regent feels the need to have the Princess moved elsewhere for her own safety I will not object, for they would know the Princess best, but I humbly request that you delay until a healer gets here for she truly is in need of one thanks to her injuries and mana deprivation. I am sure that, with all of you here, she shall be safe until then."

My mind quickly works out ideas, I know full well the King would never agree to his older sister being suddenly removed like this so if anyone agreed to this it would be the Seneschal. For now though, something screams inside me that I should not let the Princess be taken away by them. If I can delay things until the healer gets here and the Princess awakens all will be well. I doubt I can though and I am unsure if the Princess will actually awaken or not even when healed. But if she is to be moved from here it must be done with her consent.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.


Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

User avatar
Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6299
Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Kingdom of Duivene
Chovers, the Two Towers

Inside one of the barracks

A single one of the Faith Keepers had joined the small group in their interrogation, following them into the barracks - the priestess, or at least so it seemed. She just stood there, in her dark crimson robes, her face hidden by a crimson velvet veil, still holding the silver, metallic staff, with its complicated carved symbols, and with its small flame burning at its top. She remained quiet while the two Duivenian knights asked their questions, while the Achysian mage answered, just standing, and watching. With the burning magical flame on her staff one could have even mistaken her for a statue, eternally observing and bringing light, but nothing more.

But then, out of a sudden.. a voice was heard. Hers. It was soft, and yet cold, quiet, and yet stern. "Do not believe the lies of the deceitful flame. She was a mage of the Apostate-Emperor, a servant of their treacherous flame. And her heart has remained hollow all this time.. like the cursed fire that she wields. Do not believe anything she says, any of her mendacious words. She remained loyal to the dream of a treason years after that dream was crushed and broken. She continued to fight for her accursed Serpent years after its head was cut off and body burned. Loyalty to evil and sin is still loyalty... why would she throw away that allegiance so quickly, so shallowly? Why would she just tell you everything that you wanted hear, answer all of your questions, out of a sudden? Lies and deceit. The venom of the Serpent still pours lies into the ears and hearts of those who are too eager to listen. Only the Gods know how many have strayed away from the Light and the Imperishable Flame during the War because of little snakes like her. She will tell you what you want to hear, she will lie to you, serving the plans of her desperate family until the end.. unless..

And the priestess hesitated, looking at Eric and Peter for a moment, before she looked back at Illania.. or at least seemed to, from behind that veil. "Unless you give her to us. Deceit is in her nature, but no one can hide from the Judgement's Eye. She shall be cleansed and purified by pain, until she renounces her false flame and wicked light, until she confesses all of her sins, until she repents. Through suffering, her soul will be saved, and once purified and returned to the light of the Gods, she will never lie again. Bare and no longer tainted, she will stand in front of the Judgement's Eye and tell us the truth. All the truth."


Eric de Villegaignon

"I don't doubt for a second that your... effectiveness will certainly bring every last piece of the truth you want to find. Look for the eggs of cows and you'll certainly find them, a wise friend once told me... But I am afraid that I can't let you carry her away from her just yet. A boring bureaucracy, I know, but... See, as I explained to you all before, I am not regularly employed so selling prisoners of war is one of the ways I guarantee that I will have a safe and comfortable retirement.

And while she did enlighten our understanding of the current Achisian movements, she didn't share a lot of information. And I need that information. I don't doubt the integrity of this nation's beloved Keepers, but if a soldier grabs information on where they are or something like that, you see... my current hunt goes to waste. That's a rookie mistake and one I am not willing to make.

So, if you excuse me, please wait outside as I talk with her privately about that. Any questions?"
Nothing to see here, move along.

User avatar
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20065
Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 am

The Forgotten Prince, Az'goxaak
Well here we are...




As Illari began talking, Az began listening, and watching. Listening to the exact words, and the emotions behind those words. Watching the knights body language. All of this simply in order to achieve a greater understanding of the broken knight, and his past. As the role of understanding another being in order for a peaceful coexistence became clear. So, Az listened as the emotions swelled up from deep within Illari. Az listened as Illari started harnessing lightning magic, and leveling his hand towards him. Az listened as the first bolt struck the tree behind him.

Az's attention never faded from Illari, even as the deadly dance began. Illari summoning lightning from his body, and Az avoiding the attacks. Illari's frustration consuming and blinding him, while Az continued to show no signs of panic. That said, behind those eyes of his was a definite look of sorrow for Illari. A look that became more obvious when Az noticed the scars on the knight and the pain hiding among the frustration of the knight.

But then it happened. Az's eyes of sorrow and calm face broke into a panic, as a stray lightning bolt struck Nysa. Immediately after Nysa hit the ground, Az acted. He did not move towards Illari, no, instead he rushed to where Nysa laid, avoiding the rouge lightning strikes along the way. Magic lightning, Az could probably heal a little, but he couldn't try until Illari regained control of his magic.

Two options... Az thought to himself, as he knelt beside the injured Nysa and gazed at Illari. The look was unmistakable, deep sorrow for the knight along with disappointment in regard to Illari losing control of his magic. It was then that Az raised his right hand towards Illari, and made his decision.

The air around Az and Nysa began to shimmer as a sphere of magic surrounded Az and Nysa. The sphere was the same colour as the hellfire that Az used earlier that night, but it was not hellfire. It was solid. It was a shield. This was one of Az's most taxing magics, a magic that he always sought to avoid using unless absolutely necessary. The Demonic Prince's Defense.

"Illari! That. Is. Enough." Az spoke, paying no heed to the lightning striking the sphere around him an Nysa, instead focusing only two things, keeping the defense up, and Illari. "Reign that magic in and control yourself. Refuse to believe me; that is fine. Blame me, someone who did not know about you in any way until recently, for the loss of someone you cared deeply for; that is fine. Call me a liar, and throw me in with all demons; that is fine. Suggest that I have some plot in mind; that is fine. Tell me to go back to hell; that is fine. Attack me with the intent to kill me; that is fine."

Az paused for a moment, and looked at Nysa before turning his gaze back to Illari, a gaze like a cold fire, filled with sorrow and rage, "But never be the cause for the death of someone whom you seek to protect from me, as misguided as it is, in my presence. Do not make a mistake that you will regret in my presence. Understand Illari? Hate me as much as you want, but do not give yourself more of a reason to hate yourself. So, reign in that magic, or I will for you."
#BlameVoid
Currently: Something is rising...
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

User avatar
Zapatha
Diplomat
 
Posts: 501
Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am

Peter Clermont

Taking a moment to gather his thoughts, Peter knew for sure that the Inquisitors would most likely kill Illania in their "interrogations" yet he considered the fact that torture would be the only surefire way to get accurate information from the witch. Eric's response to what seemed to be the inquisitor in charge reassured him that the right choice was to still question Illania themselves. Turning to the Faith Keepers, Peter bowed his head and said:

"We thank you priestess for your offer, however as my friend said we mean to question the witch privately as I was the one to capture her in battle. Seeing that she is technically my prisoner, we could have just brought her back to my demesne for questioning however I thought it would be only fair to the Seneschal and the rest of the king's court to hear her testimony as well. If you or any of your inquisitors keep intruding however, we will leave with her."

Turning to Eric, Peter smiled slightly with his new scar clearly visible, "Now where were we my friend?"

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24860
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat May 23, 2020 2:33 pm

Kingdom of Duivene
Chovers, the Two Towers
Inside one of the barracks


"Do not worry, old knight.", the soft voice of the priestess was heard. "I am sure that your retirement will be comfortable. And as for you, you, you knight.. I must thank you for your generosity in allowing me to be here, next to your all too important prisoner. I am sure.. that your generosity will be repaid.. in full." Saying that, she obeyed his instructions, turning around and leaving the room without another word. Once outside, she was joined by another group of low-ranked Faith Keepers in their crimson armors and masks. The Punitores surrounded her, forming a defensive circle, as the veiled priestess started chanting, a magical circle appearing in front of her.

It had begun.

Inside the Tower of the Augurs

The leader of the Faith Keepers stood there in complete silence, a gentle smile on his face, as he listened to everything that the maid was saying. The simple concept of a mere servant talking light that to a representative of the Faith's Judgement, a servant of the Gods, was unthinkable, unacceptable.. and yet the young man didn't seem to be disturbed by it in the slightest. The other Faith Keepers however clearly felt insulted by the maid's behavior, with the soldiers tightening their grips on their weapons quite visibly, while the ranseur-armed little girl was the only one to offer an audible reaction, muttering an "How dare you.." quite angrily, but even the calm expression of the tall woman next to her seemed to become tenser. One of the soldiers even took a step forward, but the man leading them raised his arm and he instantly froze in pace.

"Now, now, this maid here is merely doing her duty. Who are we to criticize those loyal to their duty? You have my commendations, my lady, for Lunaria herself would be proud of your loyalty.", he intervened, in a voice so soft and calm that it seemed.. wrong, somehow. "But just as we respect your loyalty to your duty, we must respect ours. The safety of the princess is of paramount importance, and unfortunately, the Tower of the Augurs is no longer safe for her. But you conscience can rest easily, for we will take good care of her. Our own mages and healers will take good care of her wounds, and we will take the utmost care when moving her. We will also make sure to choose a suitably familiar place for her to wake up in, as we are fully aware of her precarious state following her countless sacrifice for the greater good of her subjects and of the Gods. But her safety and her life can not be put at risk. Of course, the Steward, or the Seneschal as you might know him, has agreed with us, and what we are doing we are doing with the blessing of him and of the King. We are truly honored that His Royal Majesty would entrust us with the safety of his beloved older sister."

The man then sighed, and lowered his hand, at which moment two hooded and veiled mages entered the room and stopped right next to the princess' bed, one of them pushing the maids aside. They gently picked Alexis up and turned around to leave with her. The two guards seemed, for a brief moment, to want to intervene, but as the leading Faith Keeper looked at them, they backed away, in fear. And as the princess and those who carrier her were leaving through the door, the man sighed again, looking at his subordinates. "Bring them to their eternal judgement. May the Lady Most Kind have mercy on their souls."

The Faith Keepers unsheathed their swords, and not a moment later so did the two guards. And as the sounds of blades hitting blades started to be heard, the man, the girl, and the woman left.. as two veiled Faith Keepers moved to attack the maids, their swords still sheathed - even those serving the Faith's Judgement could show restraint sometimes.

Two of the servants who were around entered the room to try to help, while the others dispersed - with the last running being able to see that most of the high-ranked Faith Keepers had disappeared - with four of them carrying the unconscious princess through the hallways.




Somewhere
A knight, an angel, a demon


For a moment, Illari didn't even seem to notice that something had happened. Arcs of electricity continued to swirl around the blond haired knight with a deafening, crackling sound, as the smell of burnt air permeated everything. Not even the appearance of a magical shield seemed to faze him, and a few more golden bolts of lightning narrowly missed Az's magic, turning trees around them into ash. And the fire had started to spread, slowly but surely engulfing the trees around them, a small wasteland of cinders between them and the flames. None of the demon's words seemed to get through to him, and another lightning bolt appeared in his hand, the boy ready to throw it.. when he finally saw her.

Nysa.

Illari dropped the bolt, the electricity discharging harmlessly in the ground in front of him, and the electricity around him seemed to flicker. "I didn't... no.. I couldn't.. I just.. I just..", he seemed to whisper. As all of his magic disappeared, the boy tried to take a few steps forward, staggering hesitatingly, and finally coming to a stop right in front of the shield, where he seemed to lose his balance and just fall on his knees. ""I was aiming for you, I was always aiming for you.. why.. why doesn't it listen to me anymore, why can't I wield it anymore? I''m the one who should have died, and I didn't, because of this, because of this magic.. and yet I can't.. I can't control it.. The full realisation of what he had done seemed to have finally hit him, as tears started to roll down his cheeks, and yet..his sickly yellowish eyes were still hollow and dead. "I hate it.. death.. death everywhere.."

And then, he looked at her again, and suddenly noticed something. "She's.. breathing.. she's breathing.. she's.. she's not dead yet", he tried to say, choking on his words, tears rushing forward even more violently, as if a dam had been broken. "Please.. save her.. I'll.. I'll do anything.. I can't.. I can't use healing magic.. so please..I'll.. if she can live.. I'll die.. but please..", he pleaded between sobs. "You can.. kill me.. or take my soul.. but just.. don't let her die.. she doesn't.. it's my fault.. it's all my fault.."
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6299
Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Kingdom of Duivene
Chovers, the Two Towers
Inside one of the barracks


"Do not worry, old knight.", the soft voice of the priestess was heard. "I am sure that your retirement will be comfortable. And as for you, you, you knight.. I must thank you for your generosity in allowing me to be here, next to your all too important prisoner. I am sure.. that your generosity will be repaid.. in full." Saying that, she obeyed his instructions, turning around and leaving the room without another word. Once outside, she was joined by another group of low-ranked Faith Keepers in their crimson armors and masks. The Punitores surrounded her, forming a defensive circle, as the veiled priestess started chanting, a magical circle appearing in front of her.

It had begun.


Éric de Villegaignon

Once more, he could feel in the sting of the priestess' words. There was something explicit yet hidden in her words, the thankfulness served with a certainty that her objective would be fulfilled soon. As the tent's entrance opened slightly, Éric could see the red masked soldiers standing at attention outside, ready to accomplish their objective. Letting out a sigh, he paced around for a few minutes.

"Clermont, there are Punitores outside and I doubt they are eager for a nice chat about the weather with us. You're still a noble, and you still have Illania to deal with, so I'll suggest that you decide what to do with her before you join me in the battle that will happen outside, that is, assuming that you will fight alongside me.

Now, if you'll excuse me... I have soldiers to rally, a princess to check and people to fight with."

With firm shoulders and steady eyes, his hand hugged his sword's handle once more, as if he prayed for his trusted companion to serve him well one more time. It wasn't a formal pray, or a dogmatic act: it was intimate, how he channeled his determination and will against his foes. As he went outside, a Punitore came closer.

"Éric de Villegaignon, surrender your weapon."

Almost as if he did it willingly, he pulled his sword from the sheath, holding it by the blade. It was a split moment that Eric needed, the moment where the soldier's hand was distant enough of his sheathed sword... and then it happened. Throwing it up mid-air, Éric held it with both hands on its blade, and the lion-shaped pommel made a straight line at the masked head, as the soldier fell down. Unsheathing his sword, the old knight threw the sword at a nearby ally soldier before advancing at the next one.

There was a ferocity enveloped with a technical prowess that few warriors in the Duivenian history had, as he knew what to do. One soldier came to him, the shield acting as a battering ram, the arm high above his head as the blade started to fall upon Éric, who blocked the hit, before quickstepping in the direction of the soldier, using the momentum to shove him alongside with his shield, spinning behind him and backstabbing his attacker, who became a human shield.

Now... the lancer.

The furious charge faced a lancer who supported his spear at the top of his shield, kneeling down, hoping that his polearm would go through both men, luckily damaging the former noble who now showed his offensive prowess... Only to see the movement being cut short, as Éric allowed the body to move forward, getting impaled with the spear and blocking the lancer's view.

Out of the dead body's shadow, came Villegaignon, the tip of his blade now shining with a white magic, a concentrated display of magic that made the blade cut clean through the red mask, which got tinted with a far more realistic hint of red.

"Soldiers! Get their weapons! If it's a sin, fight so you can have a day where you can repent for it! But today, we fight, we sin, we survive! Allez!"
Nothing to see here, move along.

User avatar
Charlia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45715
Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:40 pm

Alina was completely frozen. She didn't truly hear Rafal trying to defend her. She didn't hear what Elzbieta was saying, either. She wasn't registering what was happening, her head spinning and her heart racing. She couldn't breathe. And then--

She felt Elzbieta grabbing her hand, and then she felt... nothing. Nothing at all.

She barely even felt real. Her mind was completely empty. But she did understand, she understood as Elzbieta pulled back, as she started to cry, and the first emotion Alina regained was guilt.

She had said words much like that, to her father--no, to the man who was no longer her father. And now, to hear them from this little girl's mouth, when it was obvious what had just happened...

This was her fault, of course. She shouldn't have come here. She should never have come here, someone like her didn't belong in a place like this--and she was hurting people just by being here. She was hurting a child. How awful could she possibly be, to do something like that?

She didn't want to approach the girl, afraid of hurting her more. But...

"It's not... your fault," she said softly, hoping Elzbieta could hear her. It's mine. "Don't apologize..."

She didn't know what to do, so she looked to Rafal, hoping he would have some idea.

User avatar
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20065
Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:38 am

The Forgotten Prince, Az'goxaak
Healing Nysa




"Illari..." Az started, allowing his shield to disapate, "It doesn't work that way. I do not want your life to save hers. Nor do I want your soul... I do not see the need to take a life to save a life... especially when I have taken an interest in one such as her. So, instead of pleading as if I was one of those monsters from the tales you grew up with, take a breath, and try to relax as I do what I can..."

With that, Az turned his attention to the injured Nysa. Kneeling beside her, he held a hand just above her. While Az could perform some minor healing magic, he wasn't exactly confident about it. Last time he had to use it on someone else was, well, he couldn't remember exactly how long it had been. And even then, he hadn't used it to heal a wound like what Nysa experienced. But he had to try. So, he closed his eyes, and his hand began to emit a soft glow down upon Nysa.

After a few minutes, the glow ceased, and Az took a deep breath. A moment later, he looked to Illari.

"Considering that I am not as skilled in healing magic as my other magics..." Az started, "...and that Nysa is unlike anything I have ever seen before, I have done what I can. The rest is up to her and chance..."
#BlameVoid
Currently: Something is rising...
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24860
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:56 pm

Wyzkia
A castle


As Elzbieta had grabbed Alina's hand, Rafal simply stood there, frozen. It was quite pathetic really. There he was, a knight in armor, the supposed head of a noble house, and he was unable to stop his sister from insulting the girl he cared so much about. But.. he just couldn't understand. It was as if she was an entirely different person now. As if she had changed completely since the last time had seen here. He had thought that he was the one who had changed, the one who was no longer the same.. but he could barely recognize her. Where did all that hate and bitterness come from? All that poisonous hostility? He was just so confused. He had thought that she was going to be happy. Happy to see him again, happy to see someone else.. he had actually hoped that the two of them might become friends. Alina.. Alina really needed more proof that there was good in humans. And Elzbieta,, she needed a friend.

Of course, he had been so naive.

He tried to take a step towards her, but before he could, the little girl stepped forward herself, and grabbed Alina's hand. And from among all those who where here watching, Rafal was the only one who seemed to realize that something might go very, very wrong, a glint of fear in his eyes.

And then Elzbieta let go of her hand, and started crying. He tried to get her, gently putting a hand on her shoulder, but she just pushed him away. And he realized that this was something that had to be solved between the two of them.

"No..", the girl said in a low voice. "It is.. it is my fault. I wanted.. I wanted to hate you. From the moment I was told that he was coming home with someone, I just.. I just wanted to hate you. I couldn't.. I couldn't accept it. I was sure.. I was so sure.. that you had.. that you had just taken advantage of him, somehow. He.. he has always been like that. Too.. too kind. Too trusting. I thought.. I thought that you had noticed his good heart, and that you had noticed that he was a noble, and I thought that you wanted to.. use him. What.. what else could I have thought, when.. when he told me that you will be his.. his w-wife?" She took a deep breath, so as to compose herself. It was quite a remarkable change. From the angry and arrogant girl of before, to such a display of calm and maturity.. but a few tears were still trickling down her cheeks. "I...I still won't trust you. I still won't.. accept you. I don't know.. I don't know what you want.. and.. what you feel.. about.. about him", she said, getting visibly flustered for a moment. "But.. I'm.. I'm.." Elzbieta clearly struggled to say it. "I'm.. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have.. I shouldn't have acted like that. No matter your intentions, you.. you clearly need and deserve.. Rafal's help. So can you.. can you please forgive me?"






Somewhere
A knight, an angel, a demon


The boy said nothing as Az had turned around to face Nysa. Perhaps he should have prayed... he could still remember his mother, back when he was little, teaching him how to properly pray to the Gods, to ask for their guidance, to ask for their mercy.. but of course, they never answered. They never cared. If the Gods were supposed to be merciful, if they were supposed to protect their mortal children, and yet they didn't.. was it that surprising, that the demons who were supposed to only spread chaos and death, had one among them who didn't? He couldn't understand.

Slowly, his shallow breath calmed down, and all the fear and anguish from earlier disappeared, replaced by his usual blank expression. "You're a weird one.", he told Az coldly, even if his voice was still trembling a little. "There is always a price to be paid. Mana for magic. Blood for life. Your soul for death. You're probably the first..person I meet who didn't act like this." Illari took a deep breath. "I can not trust you. I couldn't have trusted you even if you would have been just a Loroi or a human. Something like.. trust, shouldn't even exist anyway. But still.. thank you. For.. helping her. For.. helping us." Another moment of silence followed. "I'd say that I'm sorry for.. attacking you.. but I'm much more sorry for.. for hurting her. I don't.. I don't understand. I was.. I was so angry. I was never this angry before.. not even when..." He abruptly stopped, kneeling beside Nysa too. "She should be alright.. I.. I think. I've seen... I've seen such wounds before.", he murmured, involuntarily touching his neck, where the purplish scar was. He then looked at Az again.

"Are you sure that you want to.. do this? If.. if you really are who that black-eyed being said that you are...the Faith will come after Nysa anyway. That's.. that's certain. But if they realize who you are..it won't be only the Faith's Judgement. The Scales might come, the Pillars.. or maybe even the Heroes. If the Faith realizes that another Prince of Hell is walking in the mortal realm they will go insane. They would anything in their power to catch you and banish you. Maybe you should just.. go back and hide.."

The boy seemed to lose track of his words, as he looked back at Nysa. His eyes still hollow, he looked directly at her face. "Please.. wake up..", he whispered.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20065
Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:16 pm

The Forgotten Prince, Az'goxaak
Waiting on Nysa




"Weird... Yeah, I guess I am..." Az chuckled, "I am aware that there is, as you put it, a price to be paid. However, why should I ask something of you in order to save someone that I too wish to save? Actually, one better, why should I take your offer of your life in order to save Nysa when I wanted to save her? I was ready to use my own magic at the cost of my own mana to save her. So, offering up your life was a misguided gesture. Not only because it was not necessary, but because I do not like taking lives, especially when not necessary."

Az then sat down against the burned husk of tree, "You've been hurt before. Be it by your own actions or those of another. Hurt and left unable to trust. So, I understand you not trusting me. That said, I appreciate the gratitude and I thank you for allowing me to help her."

With that Az sighed, "As for if I'm sure I want to do this... I assume by this you mean travel with her... Yes. I am sure. As much as I love my peaceful life around my secret lake, I could never be completely ignore this world. As such, I journey out on occasion to learn how the world changes between my forays away form hiding. There has always been a risk of being discovered... And I have always accepted that. Nysa is unlike anything I have seen or heard of before... she is a curiosity. A curiosity that I can't ignore."

"As for what may come for me if I am discovered..." Az chuckled, "I have already had an encounter with one of the Heroes. The princess of Duivene. She threatened to kill me when we first met. That was a tight situation. But, as you can see, I managed to survive... without any bloodshed. Had a nice talk with her, learned quite a bit... she's a good person... Anyways, if my decision leads to myself being banished back to Hell... So be it."

There was then a moment of silence before something that Illari finally registered with Az.

"Wait a minute..." Az looked at Illari, "Did you just say another Prince of Hell is walking about the mortal realm? If so, which one? Another Prince of Hell around can make my life more difficult... the degree of which depends on which one. After all, I did kinda betray Hell when I came here and never came back..."
#BlameVoid
Currently: Something is rising...
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

User avatar
Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10379
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:42 am

Anselm
Rural Countryside
"Freemen's Drink" Tavern


There was a simplicity to the countryside of Anselm which Adelheid simply adored. Of course, it was in no way free of the deep rooted corruption within Anselm, something left only a few select havens in the country untouched,...but still, it was so much better than the great cities. And she had many examples she could list, the first of many being the much better view.

The tavern had been erected on a small hill, a road into Wyzkia passing by below it. The tavern itself consisted of three buildings arrayed in a U shape, the open end facing the road. In the center was the tavern itself, a two floored brick building with a thatched roof, no doubt using reed from the nearby Merckburger Fen. On the left side of its U it featured wooden stables, on the right a small, wooden, one floor lodgings for weary travellers without the necessary coin to pay for lodgings in the main building. On the other side of the tavern, the outer side of the U and facing away from the road, the tavernkeeper or atleast a previous tavernkeeper had had the brilliant idea to erect a small wooden terrace, allowing guests to enjoy drinks and meals out in the fresh air as well as watch the sky or across the many fields and forests to the glistening surface in the back that was the Merckburger Fen. In one of the cities, the best view she'd have ever gotten would have been of dirty streets, equally dirty rooftops or the smoke of a great many ovens and fireplaces rising into the sky.

The terrace also had another advantage, Adelheide thought, turning her gaze from the fen in the distance and glancing over the terrace. She could see anyone coming too close for her comfort, there being no corners one could hide behind out here. So far people seemed to keep their distance, clearly knowing that she could see it if they were to come closer. They could recognize that she had money, her silver cutlery, which she had brought to eat the food served to her, not wishing to use the dirty, common cutlery the tavernkeeper offered, the tips she gave as well as her overall rather clean appearance giving that away rightaway. And if someone in Anselm thought you had money and lacked the power or will to protect it, then they usually exploited that immediately. Back in the cities, in the cramped bar rooms so common there, she'd have likely lost her purse to some pickpocketer by now. But here in the countryside, it was more likely that bandits would ambush her on the road if she decided to move on.

She smiled briefly at that thought. If everything had gone well, any opportunistic pack of bandits would find her very martial company.

Which brought her to the reason why she was now sitting here. A simple notice, a pamphlet she had had distributed in the nearby countryside, asking for honourable men and women of the sword to gather here to undertake a dangerous mission into the Merckburger Fen. The reward was comparably low and everyone knew the dangers of the Fen. Two things she hoped would filter out the greedy and opportunistic, the vile and cowardly. For few would venture into that dark place without proper reward, if at all.

She looked up at the sky once more, checking the passing sun and calculating from that what time of the day it was. The afternoon was going into its second half. If none would show up soon, she would likely have to abort this mission of hers. A thought that grinded her gears for she could not stand to let Konstanze get away with whatever she was doing in the Fen. She was sure that it was for some dark purpose, considering both the Fen's and the Unsterbs' dark past, was a not unlikely assumption.

She set down her silver knife and spoon and wiped her mouth with a handkerchief. She was finished eating, imagining Konstanze's vile grin having cost her her appetite.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

User avatar
Great New England Confederation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 620
Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:44 am

Itralias Missarias
Anselm
Rural Countryside


The former town watchman looked up from the pamphlet he had received and checked his surroundings to make sure that he was in the right place, he had already been in the area looking for work when he had been given the pamphlet that was in his hand. The reward may have been low, however the area that had been described was what Itralias lived for, a good adventure, and he of all people knew that such places often held secrets far more valuable, or alternatively far more dangerous, than any amount of gold. The Half Human made his way up the terrace, and looked around, before spotting the woman whom had apparently passed out the pamphlet in his hands, and after a quick moment, he made his way over to her, and presented the pamphlet before speaking.

"My lady, I apologize for interrupting your meal, I am Istralias Missarias, I heard you were seeking individuals with experience in martial talents, if you are still seeking those talents, I have a sword and an able body that I can contribute."

He noticed the sword which she had brought with her, and could not help but go over the techniques which would cover such a weapon in his head. While he did not prefer the weapon, as it did not suit the close quarters that he was used to very well, he could appreciate the skill necessary to wield such a weapon effectively in combat. His own sword reflected this well, its shorter length lent itself well to fighting in closed spaces, not a rare thing at all in his line of work, and so did his armor, its flexible interlinking plates had proven to be a good match for the fast moving, flexible style of fighting the former town watchman often used.

User avatar
Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10379
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:33 am

Anselm
Rural Countryside
"Freemen's Drink" Tavern


She had noticed Itralias very quickly. He was, afterall, not the most common sight and given that he was heading straight for her while everyone else kept their distance, he stood out. His armour differed greatly from what you'd normally see among Anselmian troops which gave her reason to wonder just where he came from. He had a certain...Loroi touch to his features if she was right so perhaps it was an armour from there? That didn't seem right either though, as she had seen her fair share of Loroi already and none wore armour looking even just somewhat like this. Now, with it being clear that he was no regular patron, it meant that he was here for her though wether to take the work she offered or to take her head was something she couldn't quite tell yet.

When he presented her the pamphlet and introduced himself she untensed a little and moved her hand away from her rapier. An assassin wouldn't introduce himself like this. Besides, he was offering her his blade in service so it was quite clear that he intended to take the offer she made. But some lingering doubt remained. Perhaps he was there to monitor her first and then take care of her once she made it too far?

It was no use mentally debating that though and so Adelheid instead managed to return a polite smile, pointing at one of the free seats at her table and asking:

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Herr Missarias. Please, have a seat as I intend to ask you a few questions and I am sure your legs would appreciate some rest."

Once he had complied, she would fold her hands before her, giving him an inquisitive look as she asked:

"So, Herr Missarias. You say you are intent on joining me on my little venture. Would you perhaps care to elaborate why you wish to do so? And of course I would very much like to hear about other talents aside from your martial ones. No, I won't need a demonstration, looking at your attire, Herr Missarias, it is quite clear that you are indeed a man of the sword."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

User avatar
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20065
Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:51 am

The Mountain Crusher, Yakr Rugma
The Freeman's Drink Tavern, Anselm




"Is that it?" Yakr spoke to himself in his native tongue as he looked from the pamphlet he held between his fingers and up to the tavern in the distance.

For the last few days, Yakr had been doing what he normally did, wandering around as a lone green skinned half-giant. He hadn't been doing much other than that, after all, he was recently injured in a certain fight. If it wasn't for him picking up this pamphlet, after accidentally spooking a poor wannabe adventurer and being unable to return it.

Without being able to return it, Yakr had decided to read it. From what he figured, someone was looking for fighters to aid them in some mission to some place called the Merckburger Fen. If Yakr was reading the pamphlet correctly, then the person who was looking for swords-for-hire was at a tavern or something waiting for people to respond to their request. Seeing an opportunity, Yakr decided to find the person who distributed the pamphlet.

And so began Yakr's journey to find the place where he could meet the person who was looking for aid. To say it was challenging for Yakr would have been an understatement. After all, he had to find a place in an area he was not familiar with while not really being able to ask for help due to him being what he was. But Yakr found a way, and now he stood quite a distance from the Freeman's Drink.

The approach of the half-Karaki, half-Giant was not exactly subtle. After all, its hard to hide ones approach when they are walking down a road in a fairly open area, while also standing 4.6 metres tall and being built like a wall. So, the two sitting down on the terrace would have obviously seen him approach. As Yakr approached, he did so with one hand up, and the other holding the pamphlet out with his index finger and thumb.

"Hello." Yakr said in what he believed to be the common language of the nations of the humans when he got close enough to see the two on the terrace, "Yakr is here because of this paper... Yakr is here to offer his help... Assuming Yakr is in the right place."
#BlameVoid
Currently: Something is rising...
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

User avatar
Great New England Confederation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 620
Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great New England Confederation » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:12 am

Itralias Missarias
Anselm
Rural Countryside


Itralias sat down as was requested, and listened carefully to the questions he was asked before speaking again himself

"My reasons for taking this job are simple, I enjoy a good adventure, and I enjoy making some coin while doing it even more, and that is before the possibility of discovering something valuable on the way as well."

While he spoke he absentmindedly fiddled with a small trinket, a simple clay loroi icon he had received from his mother as a child, and had held on to as a reminder of her.

He then thought and said "Besides my experience in martial areas, I have performed some work as an investigator, both in matters human and non human alike, and I am competent in the art of alchemy, however I have no true magical talents, not that I am aware of at the very least."

He took another moment before continuing "And, if it is an important note, I have had experience dealing with demonic entities in the past..."

He turned his head at the sound of the voice, and waited to see what would happen.

User avatar
Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10379
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Anselm
Rural Countryside
"Freemen's Drink" Tavern


Adelheid listened attentively to what Itralias had to say, searching for any sign of trickery or falsehood, a craft she did get fairly decent at like many here in Anselm. And his fiddling with the small icon was noted by an astute observer such as herself and immediately categorized as some form of tick, likely coming about whenever he was nervous. Like here. Now the question was wether he was nervous due to lying about his actually very nefarious goals and skills...or if she was simply intimidating.

She quickly tried to rule that out, attempting to break the ice by flashing the warmest smile she could muster, a warmth that only barely extended as far as her eyes.

"I see Herr MIssarias. You are a bona fide adventurer then? A thrillseeker? Well, it certainly fits the requirements I have albeit I hope your search for thrills will not put you and those around you into more danger than nece-"

She stopped, something else having taken up all of her attention rather abruptly. A sight that one rarely saw...actually, scratch that, it was a sight she had never seen and never heard of anyone seeing. There was a giant approaching...well...perhaps not as gigantic as a real giant but at 4,6 meters it was more than twice as tall as her. And the most interesting thing about it was...it seemed peaceful. It was of course normal in Anselm for even the most monstrous to be able to hide...if you had the coin and connections and could atleast try to mimic a human in appearance. Anything else though...normally garnered more attention than was worth trying to hide...and way more coin if killed.

Everybody got out of the way of the half-giant making his way over the terrace. Everyone kept his distance. Everyone except for Adelheid who was staring past Itralias, clearly recognizing that what the half-giant held in his hand was...her pamphlet. Well, with this kind of company, she certainly wouldn't have to worry about anything that would require any amount of brawns.

Adelheid collected herself for a moment a Yakr spoke to her, having to first stomach the sight and prospect of this giant creature working for her, before saying:

"Uhm...yes. Yakr is in the right place. Yakr's help would be greatly appreciated. Yakr, this elf before you is Itralias, he has also offered to help. I hope Yakr and Itralias can get along?"

She sent some hopeful looks at the two of them while also quietly being quite glad that the giant seemed to be of simpler material than the elf before her. It'd have been rather difficult to handle, had this giant suddenly turned on her.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

User avatar
Fereni
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 197
Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fereni » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:38 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Wyzkia
A castle


As Elzbieta had grabbed Alina's hand, Rafal simply stood there, frozen. It was quite pathetic really. There he was, a knight in armor, the supposed head of a noble house, and he was unable to stop his sister from insulting the girl he cared so much about. But.. he just couldn't understand. It was as if she was an entirely different person now. As if she had changed completely since the last time had seen here. He had thought that he was the one who had changed, the one who was no longer the same.. but he could barely recognize her. Where did all that hate and bitterness come from? All that poisonous hostility? He was just so confused. He had thought that she was going to be happy. Happy to see him again, happy to see someone else.. he had actually hoped that the two of them might become friends. Alina.. Alina really needed more proof that there was good in humans. And Elzbieta,, she needed a friend.

Of course, he had been so naive.

He tried to take a step towards her, but before he could, the little girl stepped forward herself, and grabbed Alina's hand. And from among all those who where here watching, Rafal was the only one who seemed to realize that something might go very, very wrong, a glint of fear in his eyes.

And then Elzbieta let go of her hand, and started crying. He tried to get her, gently putting a hand on her shoulder, but she just pushed him away. And he realized that this was something that had to be solved between the two of them.

"No..", the girl said in a low voice. "It is.. it is my fault. I wanted.. I wanted to hate you. From the moment I was told that he was coming home with someone, I just.. I just wanted to hate you. I couldn't.. I couldn't accept it. I was sure.. I was so sure.. that you had.. that you had just taken advantage of him, somehow. He.. he has always been like that. Too.. too kind. Too trusting. I thought.. I thought that you had noticed his good heart, and that you had noticed that he was a noble, and I thought that you wanted to.. use him. What.. what else could I have thought, when.. when he told me that you will be his.. his w-wife?" She took a deep breath, so as to compose herself. It was quite a remarkable change. From the angry and arrogant girl of before, to such a display of calm and maturity.. but a few tears were still trickling down her cheeks. "I...I still won't trust you. I still won't.. accept you. I don't know.. I don't know what you want.. and.. what you feel.. about.. about him", she said, getting visibly flustered for a moment. "But.. I'm.. I'm.." Elzbieta clearly struggled to say it. "I'm.. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have.. I shouldn't have acted like that. No matter your intentions, you.. you clearly need and deserve.. Rafal's help. So can you.. can you please forgive me?"
Alina closed her eyes for a moment, trying to gather herself. She wasn't angry. She didn't have any right to be angry, anyway. She knew she was intruding on their home, so of course there would be suspicion. And the truth of the matter... She felt sick just thinking about it. Still, she couldn't focus on herself right then.

"Of course," she said quietly. "I forgive you. And it's fine..." Her voice dropped to a whisper, trying to make certain only Elzbieta could hear her. "To be honest... I don't fully know how I feel either." It was true, of course. She knew that she cared about Rafal; how could she not? But it wasn't so easy to categorize exactly how she felt. It wasn't easy at all.

"Please don't... please don't tell anyone," she added, her voice cracking for a moment. She wanted to be accepted here, even if she didn't have any right to be, and if more people found out exactly why she was here in the first place... No, no, that couldn't happen. They couldn't know. They couldn't ever know, because if they did, any chance of sanctuary she might have here would almost certainly be gone. It was bad enough that she was marrying Rafal, upending what must have been years of planning, and when she was no longer even his equal in station, but if they knew why... then it would all be over. "Please..."
Everything hurt. She was dizzy and confused, and everything hurt, but she could hear them talking, and saying her name, and she opened her eyes slowly, still afraid. She did something bad, right? That was why she got hurt, but she didn't know what it was she did wrong. Was she going to get hurt again? She didn't want to. She was supposed to be safe now. She was supposed to...

She started to cry, helplessly, and curled up in a protective ball, even though moving just caused her more pain. She didn't want to get hurt again. She just wanted to be safe.
i'm keeping the flag until i find something better

Saleon wrote:oh, gosh, you guys are insane.
Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...
Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24860
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:46 pm

Wyzkia
A castle

"I won't.", Elzbieta answered with a strange amount of determination, especially when compared to her initial anger that was directed at the poor girl in front of her. She hesitated, before continuing to speak, in a voice low enough that only Alina could hear her. "You don't have to worry about anything anymore. Rafal.. I don't know if it will help him, but his heart.. his heart is just too kind.. and he takes his vows seriously. If he said that you will be alright.. you will be. I trust him.

Rafal, who hadn't managed to hear the conversation, sighed with relief as Elzbieta turned around and started to walk back towards the castle, with the situation seemingly defused. The other people around them, and even the gryphon, all seemed to be similarly relieved, but it was the red haired boy who tried to walk to Alina and to talk to her, only to nearly lose his balance and fall. Two of the guards quickly came to support him. Of course, the stoic, paladin-like part of him had been trying to hide it, but poor Rafal had nearly been killed several times over the past few days, including being stabbed with a poisoned knife and nearly losing most of his blood, so magical help or not, it was going to have an effect. The now clearly pale Rafal smiled, as if to assure her, before they all moved to the castle.

Once they arrived there, they were quickly separated. The guards took Rafal for a herbalist or a mage to look at him, while the older servant woman who had left the castle to greet them guided Alina to her chambers. Rafal's domain seemed to be much, much larger than her father's domain where she had spent her childhood, but it was at the same time far emptier. Besides from the servants that she had seen at the beginning, no one else seemed to be around, and the castle itself was clearly much older - and it seemed to be slowly degrading in some places.

Eventually they reached a section of the castle that the maid presented as her chambers, and then she promptly proceeded to apologize that she couldn't stay to help her any further - as she had to take care of the dinner preparations. Alina was as such left alone with chambers that had been hastily prepared for her arrival, but they weren't bad in any way. Decorated with taste, they were exactly what a noblewoman of the Grand Duchy could have expected to have, and a few dresses had been prepared beforehand for her even.

A servant eventually knocked on her door, waiting for a few seconds before entering the room and bowing. "My Lady, the Baron is inviting you to dinner in the Great Hall.", she said concisely, but then, either forgetting that Alina was a newcomer to the castle, or just being overwhelmed by her work, the maid quickly left the room and disappeared somewhere, leaving her alone. Without actually telling her how to reach this Great Hall.. which of course, had the immediate consequence of making poor Alina get lost in the never ending maze of hallways that the castle seemed to have.

Eventually, she reached some sort of a.. courtyard. It wasn't all that large, especially for a castle of that size, and it seemed to be somewhat.. out of the way, towards the edges of the entire domain, and the little door that led to it was small and inconspicuous enough that she could have completely missed it, if not for it having been slightly ajar when she had passed right next to it. But it wasn't the courtyard itself that mattered, but what was in it. A garden And not just any garden. It was small indeed, but it had so many different types of flowers that it would have ashamed even the Grand Duke's gardens. Flowers in all colors, shape, and sizes, from the Silver Realms to the enchanted flowers of the Emerald Realms. And yet it was deserted.

With the exception of a woman, that seemed to be tending to a particular type of gently glowing, red flowers. She was wearing a simple, black dress, without any jewelry, with most of her long hair white, only the tips still vaguely crimson. She didn't seem to notice Alina's appearance initially, but after a few moments she turned around calmly and looked directly at her. It was very difficult to give her an age - it was as if someone had taken a young woman not much older than her and suddenly make her age a few decades, before languishing. But her eyes.. her eyes would have reminded her of someone she knew well, the same shade that seemed to change from red to blue depending on the light, like that of a certain paladin, but older, and hollower.

"Welcome to my garden, young lady.", she said in a gentle voice, greatly contrasting with just how empty her eyes and expression seemed to be. "Who might you be? Are you lost?"




Somewhere
A knight, an angel, a demon


"You... want to save her?", the golden eyed boy asked, a hint of disbelief in his otherwise tired voice. "For your own reasons.. maybe. You have helped us and.. you have helped her.. but you are a demon. I don't know what she will think, what she will believe, what she even is.. but I am human. I have seen what demons are like, time and time again, and it is the one part of the Scriptures and the Flower of the Sixteen Petals that is right. Demons are evil. Manifestations of sin and disorder." Illari slowly stood back up again, as he continued to just look at the unconscious Nysa. "Don't talk to me about the Heroes..tainted and corrupted. There is no wonder that she did nothing..and that her threats meant nothing. Her words always were shallow. I will never trust you...but it's not like you could hurt Nysa any worse than I already did." No sort of emotion was present in his voice as he said that, all of it drained away. "We need to move quickly.", he added, vaguely, only seeming to register Az's last question a little later. A few more seconds of silence passed as the knight looked at the demon prince in confusion, unable to fully comprehend it.

"Shouldn't a demon prince be aware of another's existence? You were indeed hidden somewhere so well that the Faith's Judgement was never able to find you, but still.." Illari hesitated. "Not many people know of it, as the Faith has been actively trying to hide it, but most humans have heard of the one known as the Prince of Depravity. He is affiliated with the Cult of Sins, serving Luxuria, and the Faith knows that abomination as Sitri. I was..the Knights of the Morning Star had to fight its minions several times during the War of the False Flame. I never fought against.. it, directly, but I know someone who.. crossed blades with it once It is said that... all those who fight against it will lose their minds. That it's something more than just the Authority of Lust. It's disgusting, the Cult of Sins, and demons, working and fighting together, like they did back then, so many have died because of it.. He closed his eyes for a moment. "I don't believe your.. betrayal.. but it shouldn't be an issue. The Cult has been hiding ever since the False Flame was extinguished. There have been rumors of Envy creating some issues.. but never Lust."

And then he heard it. Crying.. someone crying. She was crying. Illari opened his eyes again only to notice that Nysa had awoken, that she was curled up, and that she was crying. But the knight did not react in any way, except for a brief, small and sad smile that appeared on his face. He fell on his knees next to her again, and he extended his hand for a moment, as if he wanted to touch her, to make sure that she was really there, that she was really still alive, and that she had really been wounded by him...but he hesitated, and stopped. "I'm sorry...I really am. You shouldn't have to be hurt, because of me. If I could take all your pain for myself, I would..", he told her in a low voice, before suddenly standing back up again. "But it wouldn't really matter now, would it?", he said in a whisper, turning around to face Az again.

"You should go. You should take her and you should go, Night of the Bloody Moons or not. The Faith's Judgement won't be far behind. I will.. I will stay behind and tell them that I killed her. It should.. it should earn you some time."
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Fereni
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 197
Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fereni » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:53 pm

It was such a change to be in a castle again. She didn't feel completely safe, but... it was something, at the very least. And it was nice to be able to get out of her ragged dress and into something clean.

Still, the castle was very large, and the lack of people in it made it seem very lonely, too. To say nothing of how worried she was about Rafal... But he'd be fine, she had to at the very least act as if she was certain of that. He'd be taken care of, and everything would be fine.

She didn't dare to try and explore the castle; she felt too uneasy about her position in it to just go wandering around. So she sat in the room prepared for her, and waited, feeling almost stifled by her surroundings. Despite knowing she was much safer there, she felt... trapped. She felt like she needed to get out. Why?

When one of the servants came to inform her of dinner, she was almost relieved... until she realized that she didn't know how to get to the Great Hall. The maid left too quickly to ask for help, and so Alina found herself having to attempt to navigate the castle alone.

...It didn't go so well. She was feeling completely turned around by the time she finally found anything that seemed interesting: a very small door, leading to a courtyard. It wasn't the courtyard itself that was interesting, though. It was the garden.

She barely even noticed how small it was; the moment she saw the first flower, thoughts of the Great Hall and of how to get there completely melted away, replaced only by a feeling of near total comfort. She didn't see the other woman in the garden at all, only went to one of the nearest clusters of flowers: tall, star shaped purple blossoms with red leaves. "Oh, you're beautiful," she murmured. "And you seem so happy... Someone's been taking good care of you, I see."

Then the woman who had already been there spoke, and Alina flinched, startled, not having even realized someone else was there. "I... Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't realize... I was just..." Pull yourself together! The voice in her mind sounded suspiciously like her father's, and she stiffened up. Yes. Yes, she had to keep her composure. In front of this woman, who she was almost certain was related to Rafal--his mother, perhaps, or grandmother--she had to present herself well. Otherwise, this could all end...

"Yes," she finally said. "I'm afraid I don't know my way around the castle at all." She tried to smile, but it didn't feel quite right on her face. "My name is Alina. It's a pleasure to meet you. So this garden is yours? It's very beautiful."
i'm keeping the flag until i find something better

Saleon wrote:oh, gosh, you guys are insane.
Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...
Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

User avatar
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20065
Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:08 pm

The Forgotten Prince, Az'goxaak
A Parting of Ways




"No." Was all Az said after a moment of thought, "A bluff like that won't work. If the Faith's Judgement is as competent as you believe, they would be able to call your bluff... You'd need them to see her die, or fool them and any possible magic they have. You'd need the touch of a trickster."

As he finished, Az pulled out a leatherbound journal and tossed it to Illari. It was as you could say well loved. Old but cared for.

"Take it. It's my personal journal." Az said and sighed, "I have never given that to another being before, but... well, there is a map on the inside front cover of the Misty Forest. It will lead you through the mist and my hidden home. If you need to get her some place safe and away from the Faith, that would be the place..."

With that he got up and walked to kneel next to Nysa, speaking to her, "Hey, Nysa. It's going to be alright now. Illari is a good man... he did not mean to hurt you. He just lost himself because of me..."

"And I have a feeling that he will do anything to protect you in order to make up for hurting you." Az said as he looked straight into Illari's eyes before looking back to Nysa, "And for him to do so, I believe it best that I stay behind. If you need someone to blame for you getting hurt, blame me."

With that said, Az stood up and returned to his stump.

"Illari, to answer your question," Az spoke, "Honestly, I should have been aware of Sitri's existence on this plane. However, I am as you could say out of practice and out of touch."

"Now, take her and go." He said as he sat on the ground, his back against the stump, "I'll handle the Faith's Judgement... I am confident I can convince them that you are both dead. After all, if running into a Prince of the Hells on this night is surely a death sentence if you are alone, would it not? You have no need to play the villain, because if you are right, it is only natural that I am one."

With that Az smiled at the two of them, "You both best get going. Be safe, and we might see each other again in the future."



The Mountain Crusher, Yakr Rugma
The Freeman's Drink Tavern, Anselm




"Yakr has no issues working with others." Yakr declared with pride, "Others tend to have issues with Yakr though. Others run awy from Yakr, attack Yakr or mock Yakr when they see him. Others don't like to get to know Yakr. It makes Yakr feel bad about Yakr."

"However," Yakr stared directly at Adelheid, "Yakr especially doesn't like it when others mock his way of speak... It not only make Yakr feel bad about Yakr... It also makes Yakr feel... what word?"

After a moment of thought, he continued, "Dumb. That word. Yakr not dumb. Yakr just struggle with this language. Those who mock Yakr's way of speak would probably not sound good if they spoke Yakr's birth language. So, if Yakr work with you, Yakr ask you not to speak like Yakr to Yakr. Speak like youself."
#BlameVoid
Currently: Something is rising...
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

User avatar
Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10379
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:36 pm

Anselm
Rural Countryside
"Freemen's Drink" Tavern


Adelheid's brows travelled up her forehead untill they vanished under the strands of her hair, the Anselmian noble's surprise breaking past her carefully erected facade. So not only was there a gigantic...someone running around the country and offering to work for her, exceeding any and all expectations she had had, no, he was also apparently much more intelligent than she had expected. Apparently the saying of all brawn, no brain did not apply here which was...concerning to say the least.

"V-very well, Yakr, I shall refrain from mimicking your pattern of speech. Know that I did not intend to alienate you but instead make you feel more welcome among our small round here, isn't that right Herr Missa-"

Adelheid broke off, blinking in surprise. Itralias was gone, disappeared without a trace or a word. She rose slightly from her seat, trying to take in the surroundings to see if he was nearby still. Perhaps he had gone inside to order a drink? No, certainly he'd have excused himself then, right? Unless he didn't want to trouble her with that...Or perhaps he needed to...relieve himself a little, in which case she found it much more understandable if he just up and left quietly. It'd have probably sounded quite awkward had he excused himself for that.

With a sigh, Adelheid sat back down again, gesturing towards the ground next to her table as she said:

"It appears that our elven friend has left us for the moment, hopefully it remains but a moment. Please, take a seat. I apologize for the lack of appropriate seating but I am afraid it would not be able to support you...not to mention that you'd tower even higher over the table than you would already just sitting on the ground.

Care for some beer? I hope to find a few more people to accompany us on our adventure and I am sure you must be parched."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24860
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Wyzkia
A castle



"There is no need to apologize, my dear", the woman replied with a warm and yet somewhat hollow smile on her face. "The fact that this garden is beautiful enough to make someone be at a loss for words when entering it is perhaps the biggest compliment that I could receive." She paused for a moment, looking a bit more carefully at the girl in front of her. "I am Adelajda, and it is a pleasure to meet you too, Alina. Not every day do I have the pleasure of receiving visitors here. It is indeed my garden. I always loved flowers and the beauty of nature, so ephemeral, and yet so strong..." She turned around to look at the flowers in front of her again. "there aren't that many things that an old lady like me can do in a castle in times of war, while waiting for her husband and sons to return from their endless battles, so I started tending to this garden. It helps me.. remember things." Another moment of silence followed. "Could you help me, Alina, if you don't mind? Behind the purple flowers that you so liked there are some orange ones that need a bit of water, there should be a bucket full of it near them, and perhaps also check them for weeds, you can never be careful enough." Without even waiting for a proper response, she returned to taking care of other flowers, but only a few moments passed before she started speaking again. "You are quite a charming young lady I must say, you must make sure to remind me to introduce you to my sons when they return. They are both squires of the paladins, like their father, even if this brings me much anguish. I wished for them to become priests or scholars, to bring beauty in the world.. But realizing that she had lost track of the conversation, she giggled. "This reminds me, what brought you to this humble castle? May I help you in any way?"




Somewhere
A knight, an angel, a demon


The golden eyed boy caught the journal that had been thrown at him instinctively, even if is hollow expression didn't change in the slightest. He remained silent as Az was speaking to Nysa, and just as motionless as the demon prince looked back at him, not even bothering to look at the book. By the time Az had told him to take her and go, and that he would stay there in order to handle the Faith's Judgement, the boy might have very well turned into a statue. A statue might have actually been more responsive, if anything. Eventually.. he just nodded. "I shall wait for you there.. we.. shall wait.", he tried to tell him. "If I already am a treacherous knight who has broken his oaths... I assume that accepting the help of a Prince of Hell is not that ridiculous." Putting the journal into his satchel, and picking up his golden spear. He threw it over his back in a precise move, and the lance just.. remained there, hanging in the air, floating right behind his back, as if it was in some sort of an invisible sheathe. "I will not thank you..yet. But be careful. Even for a Prince of Hell.. the Faith's Judgment is not a joke. And there will be no jokes among what is walking outside of a night like this."

Without saying anything else, he approached Nysa, hesitating for a fraction of a second right in front of her, before gently picking her up in his arms. He looked at Az for one more moment, before leaving, and running. A few more hours remained in the most cursed night.




A little later
Somewhere
A demon


Not much happened after the demon had been left alone in the forest. The crimson moons were still shining in the dark sky above, but their nefarious influence was of course, unable to twist his mind in the same way it would have done to a mere mortal. He had to wait right there of course, as it was the only chance he had of intercepting and stopping or perhaps convincing those who had been following them to stop. As humans from throughout all of the Silver Realms were all too aware, the mages of the Faith Keepers were more than just skilled in the arts of following others, even with the interference of the Night of the Bloody Moons. And yet, even as time passed, no one seemed to arrive. No one seemed to have been following them. Screams, growls, and shouts could still be heard in the distance, the natural consequence of the chaos of this night, but the forest itself remained quiet.. far too quiet. Until Az's host's body was finally able to hear them, long before a mere human would have heard anything.

They appeared quietly from the darkness in between the trees, moving to form a circle around the Loroi man. Some were clearly not among the living anymore, ranging from skeletons to undead soldiers in various stages of decomposition, wearing rusted armors and wielding old swords and lances, while others were still very much alive, human and Loroi soldiers wearing black lamellar armors, oval shields and lances. The one clue about their identity was on their shields, as the vague crimson light from above barely allowed Az to see that over their black colors, a symbol was drawn - a golden serpent in a circle, biting its own tail, surrounding a stylized, golden flame.

The soldiers, both undead and alive, surrounded him, pointing their weapons at him but continuing to remain quiet, not giving any indication as to why they might have been there or what they wanted him. A few mere moments later however, their circle made way for someone to enter it and to start approaching him. It was a woman, with a surreal, almost, kind of beauty, but with a very malevolent and threatening presence. She had long, light, silver-blonde hair, even passing her waist, but it was somewhat messily arranged. Her skin was very pale, so white it looked almost waxen, greatly contrasting with both the color of her outfit and with the crimson light of the moons above. Her armor dress was raven black, just as her clock, but they were both decorated with beautifully engraved and respectively sewn ornamental, purple models. She even had a weirdly shaped, metallic headdress with a similar scheme, and she was wielding a long lance with what looked like a black flag rolled around it. She smirked as she approached him, looking directly at him with eyes of a sickly, yellowish color.

"A Loroi lost in the forest in the middle of the night, and not just any night, but a cursed night... how interesting. Do you require any help?, she asked gingerly. "Do you require any help? We can help you if you want to, but perhaps you could help us too... Have you perhaps by chance seen a girl around these parts? An angel even?"





A little later
Somewhere else
A knight and an angel


He had been running, running, and running. Illari had no firm destination in his mind, no concrete thought other than trying to get as far away from the demon and as far away from the Faith's Judgement as possible. Much like on the night when he had decided to kill those priests and free the girl that he was holding in his arms, he wasn't particularly giving a lot of clues about his thoughts or his mental state, wearing the same blank expression as always, and apparently having learned nothing about recklessness and its dangers over the past few days. The very concept of being able to get away from the Faith's Judgement while running with a girl in his arms was ridiculous no matter of how much trust he had or had not in Az. It was something that he would have never done even just a mere week before..but he had clearly been too weak. It was quite surprising how easy it was for pity to break through even those who had raised walls around their feelings to keep them locked. He had seen so much suffering, so why did the fate of one girl affect him so much? Was it maybe because she never had a choice? Because of how similar it was to another fate that had broken him once?

He unfortunately did not have much time to continue his contemplation. A sound like an explosion was heard, and the knight barely had the time to throw Nysa to the ground before what looked like a sphere of flames hit him in the back, throwing him into the air and smashing him into a nearby tree. Gasping with pain, he tried to stand up, tightly gripping his spear, only to be surrounded by a group of crimson-armored men who had charged in from among the trees. The sound of metal hitting metal and the shouts of the soldiers were all that Nysa could hear as Illari was fighting. Luckily for her however, she had landed on a pile of leaves that had somewhat softened the rough landing, and with Az's magic having mostly accomplished its goal, most of the pain from earlier had subsided during the long run. Still, she didn't get much time to consider her situation, because someone stopped right next to her, kneeling down next to her so as to not look at her from above. It was a a young man, a boy maybe, although his features were also just slightly feminine. He looked as if he had never seen the light of the sun in his entire life - with pale, milk-like skin that almost seemed sickly in a way, with long white hair that went to his shoulders, and pale red, almost pink eyes. He was however, honestly beautiful - with the one thing ruining that being a red mark on the left side of his face, from his throat all the way up to his leftt cheek, which was either a birthmark.. or a mark left by cursed fire, never to be completely healed. He didn't seem to be particularly muscular, and he was wearing a light armor, chainmail and a few plates, and a crimson tunic with a scarlet cloak over it. And in his left hand, there was a rather peculiar book - large, covered in gold and crimson leather, without a title and with a single symbol on the cover - a crimson flower.

He smiled kindly as he looked at her. It was a face that had been there, from time to time, as the priests were doing what they had to do to her, always in the background, watching, and smiling. "Hello there, my little angel. We have met before, but you might not remember me. I am Nunzio. I serve the Gods and the Faith, and I am here to take you home.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Dragos Bee
Minister
 
Posts: 2039
Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Daniel and Leon Palaiologos

"Well, well, who do we have here?" the Bandit Leader said as he and six of his fellows surrounded Daniel and Leon as they stood on a forested crossroads, "Two rich boys all alone in the countryside. Give me your money and maybe I'll let you live -"

"Burn," Daniel said as he pointed a finger at the bandit leader, setting his rags on fire.

At the same time, Leon fast-talked a sequence of words, "Shield-Chain-Move-Shield-Chain-Move!", causing a glimmering round shield to appear in front of him, which was then attached to a chain, which then moved in the direction of a thrown rock launched by another bandit, then another shield attached to a chain appeared in order to speed towards another bandit with a spear, batting said spear away and knocking him down.

Daniel, however, was no slouch even when compared to his brother, and was already casting, "Haste!" on himself even as he drew his sword and chopped at the Bandit Leader as he rolled on the ground, trying to put out the fire. It took a few tries and a lot of blood before he had put the highwayman down, which caused his band of outlaws to break and run, muttering cries of, "These are Mages - We can't take 'em!"

"That's right, you can't!" Daniel yelled after them before stepping towards the forest -

"No," Leon said, his tone firm. "If you pursue the enemy into the woods, they'll gain the advantage and then we'll be dead. Besides, we have an adventurer calling us to the 'Freedman's Drink Tavern', remember? We shouldn't be sidetracked."

Daniel nodded at that, saying, "Yeah, it's going to be a great opportunity to learn how to be more competent at fighting! Not that we aren't already, of course..."

"Then let's go," Leon said as he led the way to the 'Freedman's Drink', reaching the place, stained only with the blood of their enemies, after a few hours. Once they entered, they approached the female adventurer who had been gathering other mercenaries to her side, and Daniel approached her and said, "Room for two more?"
I am only here for RPs, so please don't PM me unless it's business related to Roleplaying.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gordano and Lysandus, Vaquas

Advertisement

Remove ads