NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision 83 IC Thread - St. Christopher, Llalta

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:09 pm

At its very core, "I am who I am" is a song about self-acceptance and love. Alona da Costa, the singer, wrote the anthem as a message to everyone around her. "I know it's hard to love yourself - times are tough, and god knows what people have been going through now. But you're still here, you're still kicking and breathing, you're still alive. And on it's own, that is a victory." The R&B inspired song easily shot up to the top of the Talvezian charts, debuting at 2nd (being held behind by Sunny Siracauso's single "Creep"), quickly taking the throne the week after. In light of such domestic success, TRT chose da Costa to represent Talvezout at the 83rd Worldvision Song Contest, a daunting task for the fledgling singer. "I honestly had a heart attack when I answered the phone and it was a TRT spokesperson who responded. I was like "Oh God, what the hell did I do?" But thankfully it was just telling me they were interested in having me represent Talvezout. So here I am!" And indeed, here she is. Here to represent Talvezout in the 83rd Worldvision Song Contest, it's Alona da Costa, with "I am who I am".

Da Costa would be standing at the end of the catwalk, dressed in a shimmering silver dress that sparkled and shined in the blinding spotlights. As disco inflections of her songs started up, Da Costa would begin to move her arms and body as she would sing the self-affirming lyrics of her song. While the performance onstage was to be rather simple, Da Costa and her crew were determined to give it their 100%.

I am who I am, I am me
I will sing, from the mountains to the seas
I am who I am, I am me
I know every part of me is true, from A to Z
Whoah whoah whoah (whoah whoah)
Whoah whoah whoah

I used to feel so blue
God knows what I went through
I could never feel true
Stared at the mirror and thought who are you
But I am proud to stay
And yet I am here without fear
Cause...

Backing vocalists would come out with flags representing various minorities and identities from Talvezout and the multiverse - LGBTQ+ folks, indigenous folks, immigrants, et cetera. As Da Costa would sing and dance, the other vocalists on stage would perform twirl and wave the flags around proudly, tell the whole multiverse this is who I am - I am proud to be me. Dancers performing color guard routines with flags in various colors would be downstage on the elevated platforms, as various spotlights shined across the stage. A giant silvery disco ball would shine above the stage, illuminating the whole arena in a sea of a million lights.

I am who I am, I am me
I am finally here with all my mended pieces
I am who I am, I am me
I knew every thought I’d crumble and yet
Whoah whoah whoah

Oh, as long as I know how to love
I know I'll stay alive
I've got so much life to live
And I got so much love to give
Summoned all of my god given strength
And I will never fall apart
Cause...

I am who I am, I am me
I will survive no matter what the world brings
I am who I am, I am me
I feel so overjoyed, I just can’t help but sing
Whoah whoah whoah

I ain't braggin' cause I'm the one
Went through so much and I’m finally done
No I won’t dare to compare
We all have our fights to share
Whoah whoah whoah
Aah, aah, aah, aah

By the time the final, jubilant choruses arrived, a sea of sparks would fall from the back of the stage, as fans of sparks would erupt around it. Talvezout's performance, while simple, was destined to be a great crowd pleaser. And, as Da Costa hoped, a message of self-love and acceptance. As the song came to a rousing end, the audience was up on their feet, giving the jubilant and joyful song a rousing round of applause.

I am who I am, I am who I am
(Tell 'em all about it, child
Wanna really tell 'em all... about it)
(Want the world to know, gonna tell em about it)
Last edited by Talvezout on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Electrum Diplomatic Offices » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:07 pm

40. ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES

Song: I Am Gertrude P
Artist: Gertrude Pullman
Tune: We Are Number One (extended ver.) by LazyTown

Introduction
Gertrude Pullman is back baby. After a long hiatus, she returns by herself, without the backing or knowledge of the Electrumite authorities. In other words, this will be our only representative to the WorldVision Song Contest. She was sick and tired of not being in the spotlight, and after being unfrozen in Electrum's time loop, where the entire country was frozen in time for many, many years (as a result many editions of the WorldVision song contests have flown by), she has decided to return with a devious song, sure to be popular with the youth. She has usually had a problem with the youth subculture, but now she is embracing them as a means to become more popular. Pullman hopes that this song will mark her return to the contest, and she hopes to participate for as many editions as possible. You know, she can't always rely on her Olympic gold medals and other medals as a sign of her celebrity status.

Of course, many people will remember her previous song on boycotting WorldVision. She doesn't talk about that.

The Performer
An artist's very generous rendering of her image -- it is her official portrait photo. She sells photos of these with her autograph for $50.
(she's obviously not cartoonish but you get the idea, she's been doing this for 20+ editions now)

The Performance

Gertrude comes on stage wearing a pant-suit, it's an all grey get-up with a white shirt on the inside. She's recently been prescribed some anti-arthritic pills, so she is able to dance fluidly, just as much as she did on her debut in WorldVision 35. The song is based on trying to convince the audience to televote for her, given that she expects the jury to be very rude to her. She starts the song by thrusting her hips back and forth in an ostentatious manner as the screens behind her flash her classic performances over the years... her sermons... her advertising for ChemDae and bananas, and her first song, Like Aged Wine.

Hey!
I am Gertrude P
Hey!
I am Gertrude P

I have a story
It's all about being WorldVision's chosen one
Getting so many points before I got shunned
But now I'm back to stir up the WorldVision pot
My story's going to be twisted into a knot
I'll keep singing with graceful skill
Ignore the anchors with no chill

When she says 'ignore the anchors' she points at the commentator booths and hisses at them. A contingent of elderly female security guards, the trademark of Gertrude Pullman, come in equipped with flamethrowers, to symbolise 'no chill'. They start forming a circle on stage and point their flamethrowers up to the sky - thank goodness that this was an outdoor event. Gertrude Pullman in her pantsuit tries to crowdsurf the crowd, but when the crowd instinctively moves away from the flames, she starts doing the worm and rolling on the floor while continuing to sing. A spider camera is framed on her from above.

Shh.. be nice... yes yes yes!

Ba-ba-biddly-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
I am Gertude P
Hey!
I am Gertude P
Hey!
I am Gertude P

Pullman's security guard contingent finally run out of gas for their flamethrowers, so they throw them to the crowd. As Pullman reads the live Twii.tur comments, she stands up, absolutely exhausted from her floor spinning, and does thumbs down. The elderly guards come back with angry faces and also doing thumbs down. They are equipped with some of Pullman's old banana cannons, which was used in a song in the past about advertising bananas, but now they are filled with orange pith, you know, that white annoying stuff on the outside of oranges. They shoot the cannons into the air, with some pith falling down onto the audience, but mainly falling around Gertrude Pullman where it looks like orange snow. Pullman now has to try and sing while avoiding the slippery pith, so she doesn't take a step and instead slides around.

All kids say mine are the best songs they can find
My brain's so creative that it's always on the grind
And wow! This song's got a million hits!
Augh, But the comments are biased!

Be veryveryveryvery careful, who you mess with
This old granny's got cannons full of pith
HAHAHAHA *gasp*
My songs are crazy!

I am Gertrude P
Hey!
I am Gertrude P

Now, Gertrude tries to appeal to the crowd. Her security guards now set off red, yellow and blue fireworks, because this is an outdoor event. They then disappear shortly after, when smoke covers the stage. Pullman pulls out several wads of cash from her previous donations as Chief Priestess of the Church of Gertrude Pullman. She then starts to move towards the front of the stage while throwing out single notes to the audience like a badass rich person. You know the move where she uses a finger to slide each note individually. That move. What a boss. Pullman then sheds her powersuit amidst the smoke to reveal a neon green latex bodysuit.

If you want money
Cater your song and make it so poppy
All the past winners are so soppy
It's all about being WorldVision's chosen one
Getting so many points before I got shunned
Winning's so easy, that you'll get points
So many to ignore my joints

(Shh)
(Yes, I know all!)

I am Gertrude P
Hey!
I am Gertrude P
I am Gertrude P

After the guards set off the fireworks in the previous verse, they have disappeared, but they have finally returned. To the shock of the commentators, they have refilled their orange pith cannons with rotten fish, and the smell starts to stink. They are about to aim at the commentators, but all the cannons malfunction (it was designed to handle lightweight fruit like oranges or bananas, not heavy rotten fish) and send fish flying at Pullman instead.

Ha ha ha
I've known your secrets, to make me lose
On my command, release the fishes!
Go!
Throw it on them, not me!
Ugh, it doesn't matter.

You're giving me null, that's for sure
But that can change gimme televote scores!
(Ha ha ha, gasp! don't take me away!?)

An army of vacuum floor robots are set on both sides of the stage to pick up the fish and pith. Pullman accidentally slips on one, but she continues singing by jumping down into the audience. She attempts to embrace the crowd but some are running away on the account of her fishy smell. She finds her die-hard fans, all of whom are known as the Gertrudes, who follow every WorldVision song contest and wear a paper mask of her face, and square dances with them to the end of the song.

I am Getrude P
Hey!
I am Getrude P
I am Getrude P
Hey!
I am Getrude P
Hey!
Hey!
Last edited by Electrum Diplomatic Offices on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Manager of Electrum Commerce: co-owner of Air Terranea, co-owner of Dream Games (thread) and manages the Electrum Airports Authority
Shocking at WorldVision
Electrum Statistics Office and Electrum Embassy Programme

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:54 pm

41 MISTER X

Tracy Manson - "Eternal Winners, Part I"
Tune: SuRie - "Storm" (Studio version)

With less than 24 hours to go before the deadline for entering, MRX really wasn't sure whether they wanted to enter or not, for the first time ever. Mister X has the longest unbroken run of participations in WorldVision history, having not missed an edition since WorldVision 29. TWENTY NINE. Dissatisfaction with the direction of the contest behind the scenes and changes to the rules that undoubtedly hurt Mister X led the WorldVision team over at MRX to have a serious and thoughtful meeting about whether or not to actually take part. Because these rule changes make it almost impossible for MRX to win again as the knack of entering somewhat Marmite songs will be hurt by the new rules. We even saw this to an extent in WorldVision 82. Despite the stupid and ridiculous new televoting system in place meaning double the amount of points were available, Mister X received just 8 points. Eight. And a big fat zero from the televote. Comfortably the worst points tally in history for MRX, so much so it's actually worse than the vast majority of Missus Xian entries too, combined with an increasingly poor run of results means that even "on the field" there were solid reasons for withdrawing. In the end, they chose to take part, albeit more out of a sense of obligation rather than purely having their heart in it.

With this in mind, and knowing full well that even their best entry won't go very far, MRX have taken the opportunity to collaborate with MSX from Missus X. Since there is a precedent for such collaborations then there shouldn't be anything against it from a legislative point of view. Nor is the option that... well, we're not going to spoil it here. You'll just have to read on to see what new and innovate entry we've gone for.

Tracy Manson has allowed herself to sing this song, not least because everyone involved is desperate. Including her.

Tracy stands on top of a raised platform in the middle of stage. It looks a little bit like the top of a piano has been squashed into the ground, because the platform shape is that of the top of a grand piano. There's one solitary spotlight. She has her back to camera and turns her head and neck around on the first beat of the song.

Hey, hey, baby
It is not whether you win 'cause we will, will lose
Hey, hey, baby
It's not the votes that matter in the public's heart

But this I know
Whether we win or lose I know that

The lights go back down and she's in close up.

We are the eternal winners
Eternal winners
Eternal
Cause we'll never lose in all of our hearts
Eternal winners
Eternal winners

The lights kick back in along with a montage of some of the greatest Mister Xian WorldVision songs and performances on the stage on the backdrop, remembering past glories that we just can't seem to let go of even though the rest of WorldVision is trying to leave us behind and we're still hanging around, having not really liked the new era. We used to be good at this, basically.

Eternal winners
Eternal
Eternal winners
Eternal winners

Tracy steps off the platform and walks along to the edge of the stage. She steps off it into the audience (if there is one, having forgotten whether we've RPed one in or not because covid and I can't be bothered to open the other thread and check) / empty hall, and starts bringing her song to the people / where the people should be (delete as appropriate).

Hey, remember
Don't forget what we were once before and still could be
Hey, remember
You don't know what we were like in the good old, old days

But this I know
Whether we win or lose I know that

The lights drop but flash on every hard drum beat.

Eternal winners
Eternal
Eternal winners
Eternal winners

The lights come back up as the song really kicks into gear. Thankfully there are no stage invaders to contend with.

Eternal winners
Eternal
Eternal winners
Eternal winners

Tracy punches the air on every hard beat.

We could win
And we could lose
But this I know
Don't give up, no, no

All the lights bar one spotlight on Tracy turn off.

No, no baby, don't give up

Then they all build back up, complete with a flash of sparks on the start of the climax.

Woah woah woah (we are the eternal winners)
(eternal winners) Ohhhhh,
Eternal
Eternal winners
Eternal winners

Tracy continues to work the song, getting back on to the top of her platform on the stage.

We will win
And we won't lose, hey
And this I know
Don't give up, no, no, no

Then she does a big long note.

We wiiiiiiiill wiiiiiiiiiin (we will win)
(and we won't lose)
And this I know
Eternal winners

As the song finishes, Tracy steps off the piano, because this is the new and fascinating innovation between Mister X and Missus X. And it had better be worth it because it's something no nation would ever dare copy because, like all innovations, it only really has one use before becoming unpopular.

THE TRANSITION

Tune: Lady Gaga - "Chromatica I"

Rather than opt for a postcard, the MRX and MSX delegations have opted to play their joker card. MSX refused a postcard and ordered the Llaltan organisations to show the stage transition, uncut, and in full, to this music. It's 61 seconds long so it's more than enough time to show the viewers at home what is happening.

For a few seconds, it looks as though nothing much is happening.

Then, all of a sudden, the platform that Tracy Manson was standing on starts to rise out of the floor. As it gradually rises it shows it had much more underneath it, showing that a hole in the stage had been dug (and was now covered up, like a trapdoor arrangement). As more of the platform was revealed, it suddenly stopped looking like a solid object. A keyboard on one side emerged, followed by four legs.

It was a piano after all.

And Tracy had been singing on it the entire way through the Mister Xian song. Once the piano was fully raised up onto the stage, which took about 30 seconds, four musicians - a string quartet - came onto the stage on the audience left. A figure took a microphone stand, placed it so that they could play the piano and sing simultaneously, pushed the microphone into place, and sat down at the piano, ready to start his rendition of...
Last edited by Mister X on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:55 pm

... "Eternal Winners".

Part II.

(OOC: entry info at the bottom.)

Rick Leg was the man that sat at the piano. Part II of Eternal Winners led to many wondering why MRX and MSX didn't just enter this version on its own. It was much softer and more balladish than Tracy's version.

Hey, WorldVision,
Everything that you have given and will give us
Hey, WorldVision,
Maybe it's time for us to leave with our memories

But this I know
We'll never let go of what we had before

More montages of previous WorldVision entries appeared, but most of these featured Rick Leg.

Eternal winners
Eternal
Eternal winners
Eternal winners
Eternal winners
Eternal
Eternal winners
Eternal winnnnnnnnnnnns...

After that impressive long note, it's all back to being quieter and softer again for Rick and this ballad. Then the orchestra starts to pick up in the middle of this second verse.

Hey, WorldVision,
All the sex and the violence that I get at home
Hey, WorldVision,
It's what makes you great, and now we will lose it

But this I know
We'll never let go of what we had before

After those... interesting notes, Rick does a vocalising chorus, as more entries from the past appear in a montage on the back, but this time featuring some of Mister X's entries as well.

Eternal winners
Eternal
Eternal winners
Eternal winners

And the song starts to power down, but Rick's voice gets even stronger interesting a highlighting contrast between the vocals and the music.

Even if
We choose to stay
WorldVision won't
Ever be that way

This is seen, by some, as a biting satire on the state of the contest. And Rick's last line sums up what MRX and MSX both believe.

Never be that way again...

Everything fades slowly to black. There's almost a tear in some eyes on the stage. That was genuinely beautiful and certainly the most emotional and moving song Missus X has ever produced, not just in WorldVision but in the world too.

Tune: SuRie - "Storm" (live at Eurovision: You Decide 2019)
Rick Leg - "Eternal Winners, Part II"

42 MISSUS X
Last edited by Missus X on Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:57 pm

43. _Tödlichebujoku_

Let Me Live

Lahya

What am I to do with a problem like Vachec?

Maybe they were right for saying we would burn in the world below.

It sure feels like it right now.

There is no easy way out.

F A U L I G E K A I K O B U , T Ö D L I C H E B U J O K U
Lahya Salo hurried through the narrow hall outside her apartment with the shopping bags, hoping to get everything all set up for the get-together before people came. Her boyfriend Vachec, just back from university, sidled up to the doorway just after she made her way inside. Already harried as she was, the moment she noticed him stop and inhale, she could sense the storm that was about to strike. Aware that he could soon very well be her ex-boyfriend instead, what with the recurring pattern of behavior over the years wearing on her to her breaking point, she made a point not to notice as she began unpacking the bags and distributing their contents. But of course, it didn't save her from the inevitable.

"I just don't understand why it's so hard to do something simple like wipe down the windows and make the place clean before they come! You know that I hate it when things aren't perfect, I really do, so this day has already been completely ruined from the start and it's all been your fault. Really, it is so easy to clean up, and arrange the furniture to a proper and efficient orientation, and I simply don't get why you never do it. You must be trying to provoke me at this point, seeing how far you can stretch my limits before I snap. Do you find some sort of twisted enjoyment out of this??"

"Excuse me? Are we doing this again? This is supposed to be a happy occasion, can you please stop trying to destroy the event before it even begins? This is literally just a friendly get-together with old friends, no one else cares if the windows aren't spotless or the furniture's a bit dusty or oddly placed or the house looks lived-in! And besides. You've brought up your 'clean freak' act only like twice before, I get where you're coming from but it always seems like you pull that out whenever it suits you so you can get the upper hand in an argument. Please stop overreacting like this because I can see through your words."

"Now I'm the bad guy, huh?? It's your damn fault that everything has gone to shit and I do NOT want to see you weasel your way out of it- you know full well how much I care about these gatherings. You keep doing this and I KNOW you are still not over our fight from two years ago, it's why you've been acting up against me and talking behind my back all this time. I look at your face and I can just see your malicious little smirk whenever you think I'm not looking. There's literally no other explanation."

"What? Why do you keep bringing that up? That fight is ancient history and if there's anything I'm reacting to now it's your asshole behavior every time you open your mouth. And honestly do you really think I think about you every moment of every hour, enough to do an evil smirk constantly behind your back? I get that this is important to you because you have pretty much nothing left but us, but you have to realize you are not the only person who matters here, and I'm not the only one in our group who's tired of having to bend to your every whim. I didn't mind back before when we started dating... but now that I'm getting less and less deluded by love, it is truly getting on my nerves. Literally from the way that you talk, it seems that you think you are the center of the universe and everything has to do with you, and it's sickening."

"What on earth are you talking about? Are you just pulling this out of your ass because I KNOW you are trying to pull me down and bash my face into the dirt. I am not an idiot, I am not blind, I can see when the tables are being turned against me and I KNOW you are involved. I won't stand for this slander against me- you know I will post this so everyone can see your true, rotten self."

''Go ahead! Everyone already knows you're full of shit. When you called Vilmantee an entitled attention whore at her own birthday party? But you turned every gathering into a 'what's new with Vachec' session for six whole months?! Yasuke was so sick of it he was literally about to leave the group until I reached out to him. And Harvini mentioned at a prayer circle last month that he felt the same. Varjovia told me she was about two steps away from smacking you off the cliff when we were camping at Tuntiyanranta, and we all know that Torigo actually did slap you this last equinox festival when you found out someone else was making plans for the trip and threw a tantrum, and honestly it was so deserved. I think I've heard an apology come out from you once in our whole time together. I've tried covering for you, and I've tried telling you, but no! You would never listen."

"And you're just telling me all of this now???" Vachec stared in disbelief, as if hearing this for the first time, before clenching his fists, shaking. Lahya stared off into the middle distance, dying inside as her point was proven, as Vachec's tone turned into a low growl. "So everyone hates me. Okay, if I'm really that horrible maybe I should just stop living and just end it all here. I should do what I tried to do a few years ago and just die. Does that make you happy? Will that solve everyone's problem? I could just get someone to murder me, maybe that will be best for the world. Hmm?"

"Bitch what???!!??" Lahya stared agape at the sudden turn. With a few moments passing, Vachec took that as a hint to continue.

"Oh, no answer? So you don't want me to die?? Why do you have to be so difficult? What will make you happy? Okay, let's go back to that bullshit you spouted about me wanting attention. Do I not have the right to expect some attention and recognition for all the good I've done for you all? It only makes sense that I am relevant for that and I am shocked that you continually seem to forget my importance here. I am the bedrock of our group, despite all that talking behind my back that happens every day. You are all just so ungrateful."

"I have no idea how the fuck that related to this conversation but honestly this is another reason I'm over this! I swear to the powers above looking back now there is literally ONE good thing you have contributed to our friend group and you DO NOT have the standing to accuse me of ruining things when you have contributed nothing of value to the preparations. Where were you earlier? Oh right, talking shit about your brother and complaining about something or other in your life that hasn't gone right. I'm sure you expected everyone to keep up to date on that as you do day in and day out, and I have news for you. They really don't! They all have their own duties and priorities and shockingly, you're not central to most of their lives. So can you please stop whining about every other thing that is wrong and actually try to constructively work to get things running smoothly?"

"So you are accusing me of being a useless paperweight? So it's true- maybe it is better for me to leave you all toxic fucks. Leave all that I've built for you all. Leave all that I've invested in. I've spent a whole 7 years with you all, never leaving you, and this is what I get for it? I might be rejected, but I am unbowed, I am unbent, and I will stay unbroken. You will not win this vendetta of yours, and I will not have my honor spoiled by the jealous venom of you and your lackeys."

"Does everything have to be that fucking dramatic with you? I know we've all bent over backwards to accommodate you over these years, and you've learned nothing from it but entitlement. Maybe you never noticed. But I did that. We did that. And honestly it is so infuriating to have to deal with your shit again and again when we all know you just don't care. Out here creating drama to distract yourself when your other social relationships go to shit, it's obvious and it is honestly so exhausting. Go then. Leave. I don't want to see your ugly shit ass face in here until you realize what you've been doing. But somehow I doubt that's going to happen."

"You can't just kick me out like that. Only I can decide when to walk out, you hear me? I will not be tossed out to the street like a common panhandler- I have dignity, I have honor, and you will never take that away from me. You can try to tear me down all you want, but I will never change who I am at your leisure. I have nothing to change, nothing that I can change, and you will all have to simply take me as I am instead of constantly scheming behind my back. Why do you all not just say what you mean to my face- I know I am sure to do so to you all, no shrouding my real opinions behind flowery phrases, no cowardly-"

A bag, weighty with belongings, flew into his face. Lahya had simply had enough.

"It's called civility. Maybe you'll find it outside. But I guess there's a reason they say there's no church in the wild, because you were clearly raised there. Either way, I'm over it. Goodbye."

"So you don't love me. No one loves me. No one will ever love me and my worthless, piece of shit self. You've won, are you happy? Kicking me out of the house like my parents did. Maybe they were right. Maybe I will be devoured by demons like they said I would be. And I deserve it, right? I was always a mistake, always a failure, and always hated by everyone. They've all always been trying to tear me down, and they've got to you too, I see. Everything has always been against me, all the powers above and below despise my very being."

He shook his head, tears glistening on his cheeks. His head bowed as he tried to stem the flow, he continued, shakily, as if trying to convince himself of what he said.

"But I am a fighter. I will be back. I always rise back up again."

Lahya had to close the door on him, literally pushing him out of the apartment, before turning the lock and sinking to the floor. Only after she could hear his footsteps fade away could she begin to break down.

She hated this whole dramatic game Vachec kept reeling her into playing.

She hated his tantrums. She hated his melodrama. She hated his attempts to guilt her into submission.

But it was over.

S T . C H R I S T O P H E R , L L A L T A
Lahya gazed out the inn window absently, as the omnipresent rain pattered gently down the weathered windowpanes. She reminisced over the breakup, something she usually tried to avoid, but with her performance soon being about that exact topic, she decided it was high time to look back at how she made it here. When she left Vachec, and reconvened with her friends, it was surreal to do so without him, especially so since he had been part of the group since before they dated. But at the same time, and increasingly so as time went on, she and her friends began to feel a sense of freedom now that they no longer had to tiptoe around the elephant in the room.

Still, the relationship left a mark on her, a weight upon her shoulders, and so she took the opportunity to let it all out how she was trained to, let it flow from her emotions and memories down to writing and music, and soon she found herself writing a song unlike any other she had made previously in her career. After posting a recording of herself performing the piece on the matrix, a friend of a friend offered to provide an alternate mixing for the song, which she gladly accepted, and with the expanding popularity brought on by that she came to the attention of the TÖBUK WorldVision team. And after that, it really was a whirlwind of discussions, travel, and training. Lahya never would have predicted that her old training and skill set as part of ODSIT all those years ago would come into play so long after leaving the pop music industry, but it was a great help now in pulling off a performance worthy of her expectations, something different from what would be expected from her relative no-name status.

And she pushed herself to sell her song on stage, especially knowing how many people could be experiencing something similar to what she had suffered through, and encourage them to take action on the negative influence in their lives. If she had anything to gain spiritually from performing this era of her life in front of millions, that was it.

The stage is dark, the glassy panes reflecting the evening sky. There is something magical in the air- a hint of other energy present in the open field that would not otherwise exist in a traditional arena, providing opportunities for the Tödlichebujoki staging team. A single star shines on the background, flashing faintly to the sound of the muffled drumbeat, before a soft spotlight reveals Lahya reclining on a chaise lounge made of white daisies, surrounded in a garden of white flowers - lilies, dahlias, and more, with a clear path out to the audience, though one that is covered in a thin layer of mist. Dressed in a simple white sundress and a wide brimmed white hat, she is at first seen to be looking upwards, before turning to the camera with a challenge, the warm light soft on her face

Do you believe, what I believe
Too many cuts borne when we're fighting
Do you want me to stay or do you want me to bi-ite?

The lighting turns to a cold white as she shifts her position, revealing bleeding cuts along her skin, one of which drips out onto a lily below her, which transforms into a blood red, almost black in the light, an effect which spreads to the nearby white flowers on the ground and the chaise lounge. She does not seem to notice, her voice growing icy and her gaze intense

What sympathy, what's there to see
You let the fire burn without stopping
I know you love the thrill when you got cold ni-ights

A breeze blows through the scene as Lahya rises from the chaise lounge, stepping forward, her tone softening as she gazes downward at the array of blossoms around her, most still white but some now red, brightening as the light shifts back to a warm tone. Lahya seems contemplative as she sings, wincing slightly at old memories and their undercurrent of pain, but steels herself onward

Too many years it's been I swear
Where could you go, no one knows where
But leave me tonight, keep me alive

She lets the last line burst out of her with energy, as she continues onto the chorus, accompanied by the stage's spotlight brightening and sweeping outward, a shot of the wind blowing from the back of the stage and clearing the mist from the ground ahead of her as she steps forward slowly, the camera view capturing her expression as she looks out over the audience before her

Don't tell me you don't lie, count to ten and close your eyes
Chasing drama for the high, when you're empty inside
So free me from the dark, keep your hatred and your snark
Let me live my life unharmed, keep your shadow away, oh

The warm spotlighting quickly fades away as Lahya sings the next verse, replaced by a soft cold light and some faint flakes of snow drifting down around her. She has her arms and legs clenched close to her body as if cold, and glares out toward the audience, more flowers slowly reddening behind her, but in the cold bluish light really seeming like they are blackening

Do you receive, you even see
My frozen daggers when I know you're lying
You always need to win and make yourself look ri-ight

Her faces twitches slightly, before letting the suppressed fury rise into view, her breaths just noticeably ragged in quiet rage. She gazes directly into the camera view, not faltering, as in the background more and more of the white garden darkens to red, at a rather notable pace. A dark smoky mist begins to emanate from the blood red flowers

You come to me, complain to me
Anything off and you come back all whining
Is there anything left to live for in your sad li-ife?

She sighs and turns away as the lights slowly warm back up and the snow disappears, her body relaxing as if it too were thawing. Lahya takes a match out and lights it, gazing at it before lighting a white candle on a nearby marble pedestal as she sings. The garden around her is now almost all red, almost shriveled looking, allowing for Lahya to stand out from the background with her white dress

Too many years it's been I swear
Where could you go, no one knows where
But leave me tonight, keep me alive

She throws the match into a nearby patch of red flowers and they erupt into flame, the fire rapidly spreading around the back of the stage so that both sides are aflame, including the chaise lounge of now-red daisies. Backed by this inferno, Lahya launches into the chorus, her feet taking her almost to the edge of the stage, the wind around her whipping her sundress about, pure white spotlights on her as she grips the candleholder tightly and sings with passion

Don't tell me you don't lie, count to ten and close your eyes
Chasing drama for the high, when you're empty inside

The wind dies down, and the fire is no longer as intense, dying down to a number of relatively small flames scattered about the remains of the garden on the stage. The lighting too dies down to a soft cool glow, the candle's warm light illuminating Lahya as she kneels down at the edge of the stage, eyes closed as the camera zooms in for an intimate moment

I've tried to tell you this, but you don't care
Your head full of dreams but an inward stare
And I tried to help you out, but you don't care
You don't care

She stands up and flings the candle back into the garden, right at the chaise lounge, as the fire and wind rise back up and the spotlights suffuse the stage in a golden glow, the flames rising ever higher as they are fueled by the strong wind. Lahya stands at the edge of the stage, leaning against the wind, as golden pyros rain down behind her upon the destruction, the camera view swinging by her and taking in the whole scene

You broke me all apart, tell me who you think you are
To be playing with my heart while you watch from afar
Oh

The lighting and music die down, the wind now a light breeze, the fire now glowing embers, as Lahya sings softly and turns slightly to regard the ashen scene behind her, almost as if in shock, but then turns back with a look of resignation, as if this was always meant to happen anyway. The rest of the audience, the flashy pyros and fire and wind all seem to be long gone as it is just now Lahya with the devastation left behind, the camera shot close in on her face and covering the embers beyond

Let me live my life unharmed, keep your shadow away
Oh…

Shakily breathing, she bows her head forward, eyes closed, as the lighting on her fades out. Behind her, the camera view then zooms in on the stage, the place where the red staining first began, where amidst the ashes there is a single green sprout rising out of the destruction

"Kiitos, thank you Llalta!" she breathed into the mic as the audience applauded. "Stay safe, stay strong, and take care of yourself," she added, before executing a swift little bow and exiting the stage. The ash left behind soon dissipates and the stage itself is undamaged.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 16 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Merecendi-
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Merecendi- » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:59 pm

_44. MERECENDI_

Before I Fade Away

Your Past

It appears and begins to vocalize
Torture me again, below
Dance upon every grave
Make me sing a song I loathe
Before I fade away

The air is red
I feel the blood moon on tonight
Pouring through the land like a poison tide
You can hear demons in my mind
With every single beat of my dying stride

Could you tell me what you truly wanted back then? I thought not.
Oh, what gods, there are to save my soul
To tell my own, desires
The tales from long ago
Holy men, tell lies, the dreams that they don't know
We all know now there's nothing left

It was happy once but now there is nothing left but a memory of what once was
Torture me again, below
Dance upon every grave
Make me sing a song I loathe
Before I fade away

A wisp of mist dances upon the light as you would wish. Suddenly it is dissected by a multitude of lasers and light effects that slice through the air and destroy the minds of viewers in a cataclysmic barrage of light.
<<dance break>>

The spirit's energy is weak, but the music is willing and soon no more voice is to be heard. Only the instruments survive.

And soon there is nothing left but the sound of silence.
Last edited by Merecendi- on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:56 pm

45 X ETHANE // C2H6
Callum Viernes and Teresa Rana - "Did You Know Me?"

NF ft. Britt Nicole, "Can You Hold Me"
Teresa Rana

Teresa Rana is one of those popular musicians in Ethane that are able to convey their emotions through their music and their lyrics; Teresa uses her talent in music as an outlet for her emotions and her feelings, a way of expressing herself to the world through metaphors, or sometimes even overtly singing about particular incidents. Her ballad-y, but dramatic style really holds sway in Ethane, hence why you'll often find her songs towards the top of the charts on a regular basis; following this song's release at WorldVision, this song is also expected to skyrocket to the top of the charts. What really gets to people about her songs is the way that she is so expressive, even when performing; she's fully invested in what she's singing and has often experienced it - she's talking from a place where she felt the pain she sings about. And people relate to that; her pure, raw authenticity that comes across in most of her songs is massively appreciated, and is something she wins many plaudits for - being open with others about significant issues that also reverberate in society. She's done a song about her experience of an abusive relationship, as well as a song about the sexism she has experienced in the past on the streets of certain cities in Ethane.

In "Did You Know Me", she's singing from her heart about a relationship she was in which went sour, with lies and accusations of cheating, and violence. That leads her to the question - did you know me? Relationships work when two people are committed to each other; it's not a light commitment. And she made that commitment with this guy, believing that he loved her and she loved him. But it fell apart quickly, the two appearing not to be compatible or appreciative of each other. The notion of the song is that the relationship failed because they didn't know each other well enough, and there was never that effort to get to know each other as well as you'd expect in a committed relationship. Was it really love then? Or was it just to fulfil other desires? There is an argument to be made there, but not one that Teresa touches on; she centres around the idea of knowing your partner; to be in a committed relationship, you need to know them; not just know them but really know them.

And key to that is knowing yourself. That's a key part of this song in the undertones - you're not really ready for a long-term committed relationship until you truly know and have come to terms with yourself.

Teresa is working with Callum Viernes for this song, who's heading up this production. As one of the big names in Ethanese rap, he's reached the top of the charts on numerous occasions. He's been working with Teresa on this song idea for about six months now, preparing it for WorldVision, and is proud to finally be able to present what they believe to be a great performance and a great song. It's meant to tug at the heartstrings - Callum said as much - and it doesn't have a resolved ending - questions still remain as the song ends. That's crucial, according to Callum. That's because you never get to a point where you can't learn more about yourself or others. The question of did you know them, or know yourself is basically, not really. Callum suggests we are all on a journey of discovery, finding out who we are and who the people we love and live with our; we're constantly learning. And that's part of what makes relationships great - constantly learning more about the person you love. Unless of course you never knew them in the first place, truly. Or you weren't ready to compromise and make it work.

Teresa is centre-stage. sitting on a chair. It is completely dark, except for one spotlight that is beaming down on Teresa, lighting her up. She's wearing a flowing black dress which reaches down to her ankles and black shoes. Her makeup is very pronounced; a very dark mascara, but smudged to make it look like it is running from tears. The lipstick is also a very vibrant red, with rosy cheeks from the foundation used - as if she's trying to cover up her heartbreak. She has the microphone in her right hand, and she's just holding it and fiddling with it, looking down at the stage floor while facing away from the audience. The cameras are focused on her back - no emotions are being expressed. She keeps peeping over her shoulder as the song advances until the lyrics come close to starting.

At this point, two more spotlights shine on her so they are coming in from three different angles, illuminating her. As she starts singing, she turns her head to the audience, slowly pivoting her body round as well. She's staring straight at someone near the front - her eyes are fixated on him as she sings. The camera captures all of her emotions - sadness, distress, pain, agony but also lust, desire, longing. It's a mixture of emotions that reflect what she feels at that moment in time - light tears can be seen glistening on her face in the light. She seems to be singing directly to this person, as if they are the person being sung about. As her first verse comes towards a close the camera slowly pans away from her and towards the audience, towards where Teresa is looking. Nothing is visible yet.

Teresa: I gave you my trust and you broke
It, said you felt the same
but did you even mean it?
You lie and you lie.

And I cry.

A fourth spotlight shines down on to the person who was standing in the front of the audience that Teresa was singing too. Callum is shown on the camera in the spotlight. His gaze is staring direct into the camera which is between him and Teresa as he begins singing - it's as he is singing direct to her/direct to the audience. He's wearing a casual leather jacket and some jeans; far more casual than Teresa. As he sings, he slowly steps up on to the stage, the spotlight following his steps.

Callum: Gave you my all, you didn’t take it,
I opened up to you but you only faked it.
Did you even try?

At this point, Callum has reached the top of the steps. He's looking directly at Teresa, and she's looking directly at him albeit she is still sat down. The camera catches this intense moment between the two of them side-on; it's as if time freezes.

Both: You lie.

Ooh.

As the chorus begins, Callum takes another few steps towards Teresa, so the spotlights begin to merge. Teresa, in reaction to this, turns away from Callum and the audience. The camera follows her, closing in on her face to show the intensity of the pain and emotions this has caused her in her life. It's ironic because despite Callum being the one singing about the pain and the disconnect, it is Teresa that is shown to be suffering from it, reflecting the twisting of blame that can often occur in relationships to form guilt. This is them reckoning with that, and reckoning with where the 'relationship' went wrong. There is limited illumination of the edges of the stage with generic white lights to slightly build up the intensity and the atmosphere, as well as a few white lights over the audience.

Did you know me,
Did you know me,
Did you know me and my heart?

Teresa pivots back to watch Callum following the end of the chorus. As he enters his first rap section, Callum also turns away from Teresa to face the audience, and the camera's focus in on him. The one spotlight is still focused on him, but there is enough generic illumination to be able to see him just about. A little bit of stage mist is released to just cover the floor - not too much to make a massive impact but just enough to be noticed. Callum is pacing along the front of the stage while facing the audience, closely interacting with them. Teresa is briefly ignored, as she remains on her sturdy chair, head hung, her emotions expressed well.

I had you by my side,
were my life.
I thought I was true to myself.
Why’d you have to lie,
Never tried.
I’m better off in my own shell.

As he sings 'You hurt me. I hurt you.', he turns back to face Teresa who is looking up at him and their eyes meet again. An intensity unmatched is demonstrated between them - their feelings for each other are strong, be it lust and love, or anger and hate.

Was it really worth it?
Endless disconcertment,
Pain that lasts eternal,
You hurt me. I hurt you.

Teresa kneels on the chair, raising herself up a little - the camera catches this moment, and it appears awkward, but all of Teresa's actions are meant to appear awkward and tenuous, as if she's uncertain about everything right now. Their anger as they sing is expressed in their hands and posture, with violent hand movements reflecting their passion, and the daggers they are sending each other with their eyes also embedded with a longing and a lost love.

You threw it all away,
threw it all away,
Now the pain will make us pay.

Teresa stands up on the chair to sing the chorus, as the mist increases to a greater extent, shrouding the bottom half of their bodies. The white lights also increase in intensity and number, illuminating the dark stage to a greater extent. The spotlights fade a little to compensate, before cutting out at the end of the chorus, as they are having little effect with the other white lights illuminating the stage, gradually getting brighter and brighter.

Did you know me,
Did you know me,
And my heart?

Callum turns back to the audience again, heading right to the end of stage and rapping down to those in the front row, giving a few people a high five and a smile - one girl even gets a wink. The camera follows his movement, plenty of light illuminating him as the background is no longer of the stage but just of bright white lights which obscure the view of Teresa.

Nah, nah, You didn’t really know me,
It wasn’t just me,
Did you break my heart or did you break three?
I don’t even know.

Callum quickly turns his head to look at Teresa as she sings her line. She's standing atop the chair, towering over him, her black dress flowing down the chair. The camera quickly changes to a close-up of Teresa before returning to a view of Callum, but this time with Teresa visible in the background, staring at Callum.

It was just you

Now I’m lonely,
Left me and made it about you,
Thought that I loved you.

Shock is evident in the face of both Callum and Teresa when she sings that she loved him too, reflecting the authenticity and honesty in this song - they're having a conversation, trying to see where it all went wrong, trying to get over the pain - but it doesn't necessarily work; it's too raw.

I loved you too.

I did catch you, then I lost you.

As the camera pans back to Teresa for her part, the intensity ups a little - as do the lights. Flare is strong on the camera, but Teresa is still easily visible. It zooms out to reveal that Teresa is standing on a chair, and that chair is on a platform which is raising her and the chair up, high above everyone else. The platform has steps round the edge of it spiralling up towards the top of the platform. Teresa is looking down to Callum as he makes his way to the bottom of the stairs. He proceeds to start walking up it, proceeding a couple of steps and then pausing for a moment - he's climbing up the stairs at the same pace that the platform is raising up.

You lost me the moment that you lost yourself
You lied to me and to everyone else,
But I loved you
So I can’t be with you; leave me now.

Callum increases the speed which he is heading up the stairs - he's desperate to reach the top, to have this conversation, to repair the damage and understand where it went wrong, where everything broke. Teresa just looks on the verge of tears. She's really expressive with her emotions and this comes out in the performance; you can hear it in her voice and see it on her face. Teresa is facing out towards the audience as the platform raises up, singing direct to them, ignoring Callum climbing up the spiral stairs. Callum is practically rapping to himself - he's ignoring the presence of anyone else; almost as if he's in his own bubble.

Did you know me, But I did love you, and you loved me too, We hurt each other, We hurt each other but I did know you.
Did you know me, I found the truth, Found truth cause my heart found you.
Do you know me and my heart? Found truth cause my heart found you, I found you. I loved you. I loved you.

Callum reaches the top of the platform, where Teresa has now stepped off the chair. They look at each other with intensity and pure, raw emotion as the sing the repeat of the chorus. The camera fully captures this from the perspective of the audience - with the two of them visible staring at each other in amongst the intensity of the bright white lights which have reached their peak.

Did you know me,
Did you know me,

The lights dim back down again, returning to just one spotlight on each of them atop the platform. Callum steps to the front of the platform and looks towards the audience as he performs. In the meantime, Teresa returns to her seat, sitting down with her head in her hands. She looks upset and defeated. As Callum sings he also appears both devoid of any emotion but also defeated. Teresa looks up, taking her head out of her hands. She looks out towards the audience. The camera is trained so she is looking directly into it as she sings her final line. As she sings the final line, the lights cut out. cuts out.

With you my heart felt free, I wasn’t lonely.
I knew I loved you, and you knew it too.
Did you love me? Did you love me?
Did I know you? Know me?
All I know now is agony. Feels like I no longer know you;
I no longer know me.

(Did you know me,
Did you know me,)

The lights return, illuminating the stage and the whole arena. "Thank you all, we had so much fun doing that!", Callum acclaims as he smiles and looks out towards the audience, faced with a rapturous applause. "Thank you Llalta, thanks for having us. It's been a blast.", Teresa exclaims as they walk down the stairs and exit back right to yet more applause.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Nahlcomo
Secretary

Founded: Oct 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nahlcomo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 am

A choir of 20 or some odd folks would be standing onstage. Their robes would colored as so to form a rainbow when they all were standing onstage. Ms. Jenkins, one of Talvezout's most famous gospel singers, would be standing in front of them. She would be wearing a LGBT+ inspired gown one that would twist and twirl as the group performed the ecstatic song. It was to be a simple performance, but one full of joy and life.

[Verse 1]
I don't wanna take it anymore
I just wanna stay all cooped up behind my door
Every day feels the damn same
Nothing ever feels better, it's such a shame

[Refrain]
Whoo-ooh
Whoo-ooh

[Verse 2]
I wish there was manna falling from the sky
World has me feeling like I just wanna die
Someone stole my brand new Chevrolet
After all this what can you say?

[Refrain]
Whoo-ooh
Whoo-ooh

[Chorus]
And it's hard to see
How will these things ever change
It's hard to deny
That I'm on the firing line

Oh, but tomorrow's always a brand new day
I believe that 'morrow's a brand new day

[Verse 3]
The big man doesn't pay a price that's fair
All the poor people stuck his big fancy airs (God have mercy)
But some day they will find their dreams
Some day we are gonna crush their exploitative schemes

[Chorus]
And it's hard to see
It's hard to deny
That I'm on the firing line'

[Refrain]
Whoo-ooh
(Whoo-ooh)
I'm on fire, yeah
I'm on fire, yeah

[Chorus]
And it's hard to see
It's hard to deny
That I'm on the firing line'

[Outro]
I know it will go right for me
All I got to do is just believe

Oh I'm so happy, waiting for a brand new day
Tomorrow is always a brand new day
It's gonna be such a brand new day (It's in my heart)
Tomorrow is always a brand new day (It's in my dreams)
(Well, well, well, well)

Whoo-ooh
Whoo-ooh

Oh I'm so happy, waiting for a brand new day
Tomorrow is always a brand new day

Whoo-ooh
(Whoo-ooh)
Whoo-ooh
(Whoo-ooh)

I'm just waiting, I'm just dancing
(It's in my heart, it's in my dreams)
I'm just singing, I'm just dreaming
(It's all over me, I can't help myself)
I'm just searching, I'm just believing
I'm just fighting, I'm just yearning
I'm just achieving, I'm just thinking
I'm just living, I'm just glad to be alive

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

~✩~ Voting Begins! ~✩~

Postby Llalta » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:19 pm

~✩~

INTERVAL ACT
Fate (Remix) - Esther Winterbourne
Music & Lyrics - Esther Winterbourne
Fall From The Sky - Arilena Ara

Watch the world go up in flames
Only humans left to blame, don't deny
Deny ensanguined lies
Stygian smoke in leaden spires
Black deluge of lost desires
Prodigal sacrifice

Is this our fate?
Set the whole world ablaze, unfazed
'Till only our ashes remain

Is this our fate?
Shatter auric empires, spark fires
Could it cease your anguish so dire?

All I see is enmity
Diffused in eyes of sapphire dreams
The earth yearns for concord
Raise your fist abrade the skies
Fight for the justice long arised
Somber warriors of the lost

Is this our fate?
Set the whole world ablaze, unfazed
'Till only our ashes remain

Is this our fate?
Shatter auric empires, spark fires
Could it cease your anguish so dire?

What is the fate of the world that I am silenced by?
Do I just watch lives burn and keep a blind eye?
Is this out fate?
To live or to die
Your fate, my fate
Our fate

Is this our fate?
Fate
Is this our fate?
Ablaze, unfazed
But we're destined to shine

~✩~

The Start - Esther Winterbourne
Music & Lyrics - Esther Winterbourne
As Long As You're There - Charice Pempengco ft. The Cast of Glee

Hmm
Hmm
All my life
I've waited for the one
The one who loves me so
The one who won’t let me go

Baby, all my life
You’re there to help me fly
But now the stars align
I see your true light shine

So I’ll be, waiting
For you in my heart
Wherever it, takes me
I’ll be

‘Cause I’ll be at the
Start waiting for you to believe
How much you mean to me: galaxies
The earth, the seas

When shadows reigned
You always brought light to
My life
And I never even noticed you
But never will I refuse
As I wait at the start

All my life
I’ve dreamed of palaces
I dreamed a fairy tales
My dreams were here all along

And baby here all my life
You’ve given me fireworks
I never even knew
But my heart now sings true
Woah

So I’ll be, waiting
For you in my heart
Wherever it, takes me
I’ll be

‘Cause I’ll be at the
The earth, the seas

When shadows reigned
My life
But never will I refuse
As I wait at the start

One day, one day
You will tell me those three words
That I’ve yearned for
‘Till then
I’ll wait another day more

The earth, the seas

When shadows reigned
My life
But never will I refuse
As I wait at the start

As we wait at the start

~✩~
Last edited by Llalta on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Llalta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:30 pm

~✩~

TELEVOTING

~✩~

HOW IT WORKS
~✩~ Each nation will rank the other nations out of 10. Each number below 4 adds a scaled negative score whereas each number above 4 adds a scaled positive score (4 provides a neutral value). The complete score of each nation will be the total sum of the positive and negative scores. At this point, any nation with a negative score or 0 will be considered to have 0 televote points (this is unlikely but possible). The rest of the nations with a positive score will have this score then multiplied until the total scores are equal to the amount of points distributed through the points on the IC thread (this from now is the IC "Juries").
~✩~This multiplied number will then be the televote score for each nation.
~✩~Unlike in the test-run, the committee will assume responsibility for the televote, that is its recording and maintenance. This info will be given to the host when all nations have voted on the IC thread or when the deadline passes. This will allow the vote to not be influenced by the host, and to make sure the formula used is accurate.
~✩~The committee will also be responsible for publishing the complete voting result overview at the end of the voting, including the individual votes of nations, as well as the overall voting breakdown.
~✩~The committee will set a standard weighting system to be used at some point in the future. This will be the system used in future contests, however if the percentage of nations receiving 0 points in the televote exceeds 10% of the total competing nations that edition, the committee will reserve the right to change these percentages so that the percentage of nations receiving 0 points falls under 10% once again. In this case, weightings changes will be done so that it does not affect any position in the top 3.
~✩~The host will be free to announce these results how they see fit, with the committee's strong recommendation to reveal them in the style of either of lowest to highest in the televote, or according to current standings after the jury vote.
~✩~In the event of a tie, the jury vote takes precedence.

TELEVOTE INSTRUCTIONS
~✩~In addition to the standard 12-1 points that we all post on the IC thread (which remains the same) there will also be an additional requirement. Each contestant must also submit a response to a google form in which they will rate each song from 1-10 (out of a maximum of 10) - with 1 to a song which they hated and 10 to a song they loved (and everything in between).
~✩~There are no restrictions on televoting - You can allocate scores in the televote however you wish, and you do not need this to be the same metric by which you measure your "jury" scores. Some suggestions may be to split your scores according to the Music/Lyrics/RP etc., but this is optional. We will still check for invalid votes, for example every nation being ranked the same, or in a specific "pattern", but this won't be an issue if one votes fairly.
~✩~You can give your puppet a maximum of 6 out of 10 in the televote and vice-versa to the main nation. If you have a puppet you will have to submit a second set of televoting points - however, you can submit a single set of points and include the ranking for both your main nation and puppet nation in the same form. You must inform the committee if you wish to do this in advance.
~✩~If you do not submit a televote, you will receive a 25% penalty on your original televote score (which will then be redistributed among the rest of the nations according to their televoting score). It is strongly recommended that you submit a televote score.

~✩~

~✩~
Last edited by Llalta on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

La Montevideo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby La Montevideo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:56 pm

Hello, St. Christopher! This Is New Cordoba Calling, My Name Is Eligio Fernandez, Here Are La Montevideo's Jury Votes.

La Montevideo Jury Votes:
1: Proluvia
2: Antenovaria
3: Malta Comino Gozo
4: These American States
5: Izmedu
6: Kalosia
7: Ethane
8: Britonisea
10: North Alezia

And Our 1st 12 Points Ever Submitted, Which Also Happen To Be The 1st Votes Of The Night, Go To... Nekoni! Thank You From New Cordoba. Keep In Mind That The Juries & Televotes Are Casted Differently.

La Montevideo Jury Members:
Babak Oliver
Celio Gill
Andrea Torres
Antonio Silva
Quinto Martinez
Last edited by La Montevideo on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
La Unido Kingdoma de La Montevideo
We Base Our Nation Off Of Stats
Our Current PM Sucks
Basic National Info
A Class 1.142 Civilization according to this index.
Generation 40, the first time you see this copy and paste it to your sig and add 1 to the generation

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:28 pm

ETV1 presents WorldVision 83 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

41 - Mister X

CE: I'd share our thoughts on the entry but I'm not sure if we can yet, we've got Tracy standing there and we haven't got the official confirmation yet.
FT: Seeing as she's being lifted and something could be appearing underneath her, I'd say we should keep quiet for now.
CE: Good idea.

42 - Missus X

CE: OK, now the song's over. Thoughts?
FT: It's arguably like the Achaean Republic's entry, good message but bad song. It's supposedly about how this contest used to be fun in the past but now feels a lot less so.
CE: OK and do you think it feels that way?
FT: We'd be here all night if you wanted to hear it, so let's move on to the next entry.

43 - Todlichebujoku

FT: In all honesty, I could just repeat what I've said about Todlichebujoku for the past few contests.
CE: I'd say this is more appealing though. Her vocals are really shining through and this should definitely do well for them. I wouldn't be surprised if this wins it again for them!

44 - Merecendi-

CE: Well then... that was something.
FT: I feel like I need to re-evaluate my life.
CE: Me too. The drops were fun, though.

45 - Ethane

CE: And a blast from the admittedly quite recent past, it's Ethane! At their first participation since Majorium, where they casted those sets of points that, well, made us not win. But the winning song was good so we can't complain.
FT: Can confirm.
CE: So what have they sent us for their first participation in six contests? This. Again, much like Axuva, it's a slow burner. It takes a while to get going but, when it goes, it goes. And it goes good. Not great but still worth checking out.

46 - Nahlcomo

CE: And, finally, we've got Nahlcomo to wrap up the night. It's also quite a good song and I wouldn't be surprised if it scores well for them.
Last edited by Elejamie on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:53 pm

CARYTON VOTING:

1. ESTANA/THAOS
2. ESTOGIUM
3. WAISNOR
4. TALVEZOUT
5. MALTA COMINO GOZO
6. N. ALEZIA
7. NATANYA
-
-
-
8. S. ALEZIA
10. SYRCHE
12. SAVIERA
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Zamboodle
Secretary

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Zamboodle » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:58 pm

SUPAH DUPAH ZAMBOODLE VOTING!!!!1!!!1!111!!!!

1. TALVEZOUT
2. S. ALEZIA
3. EKOZ
4. CARYTON
5. BEEPEE
6. ZEGANAS
7. POLKOPIA
8. ELEJAMIE
10. ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICE
12. THESE AMERICAN STATES
Last edited by Zamboodle on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

This is Bovingdon Calling...

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:46 pm

THIS IS BOVINGDON CALLING...
BRITONISEA

Josh Marténse
Host of the 53rd World Hit Festival

"Hello Llalta this is Bovingdon calling. It has been a wonderful evening on your tiny island! It has been such a long song contest, hasn't it? The songs were fabulous, though I did sleep through a portion of the evening. Anyway, here are the opinions of the Britonish Jury, 2nd place to 10th.

10 - NORTH ALEZIA
8 - TODLICHEBUJOKU
7 - BESEN
6 - LLALTA
5 - ESTOGIUM
4 - AXUVA
3 - ERTZEI KISHIM
2 - ACHAEAN REPUBLIC
1 - IZMEDU

"Are you wondering who has received the twelve points? Well, I am! The twelve points are going to our friends from a long, long time ago, ETHANE! Welcome back!

Thank you once again, and I hope to see you all in Bovingdon for the 53rd World Hit Festival."

The Britonish Televote doesn't reflect the Jury have been calculated differently.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

This is The Estograd Calling

Postby Estogium » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:51 pm

THIS IS THE ESTOGRAD CALLING...
ESTOGIUM

"Hello everybody, it's Ellie Morgent here again. Wow, it's been 10 editions since we were in Estogium - we need to host again, amirite?! Haha, anyway, enough talk, here are the results of the Jury..."

10 -ESTANA AND THAOS
8 - ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES
7 - EKOZ
6 - SCOTATROVA
5 - BRITONISEA
4 - TALVEZOUT
3 - ZAMBOODLE
2 - NORMANDY AND PICARDY
1 - SOUTH BATOKO

"And the 12 points are going to a song that really should score highly tonight...they're going to...THE WONDERFUL ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN! Congratulations!"

Televotes yaddieyada

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Good evening St Christopher, this is BONC Norfolk Pinewoods Calling.

I am Anita Margarita back to give you the points of the Beepeean Jury.

So let's get right down to business...

1 point... goes to... Ertzei Kishim
2 points.... to... Caryton
3 points.... to... you, our wonderful hosts.... Llata
4 points... from Beepee go to.... Polkopia
5 points... go to... Nekoni
Our 6 points.. go to.... Izmedu
7 points... to Estana and Thaos

Now our top points...

8 points go to.... Elejamie

10 points go to... Todlichebujoku

And finally... our 12 points, the douze points.... from Beepee goes to.....

ACHAEAN REPUBLIC

Congratulations on a wonderful show....

Goodnight.

South Alezia
Secretary

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby South Alezia » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:09 pm

SOUTH ALEZIAN VOTES

(Lady Alyoub of South)

Whazzuph Ledehz end Jenteelmen, I'm obviously not Lady Alyoub of North. The stoopid North put my lady in PRISON. I want the manager of that very prison. Ugh! Well, here are the votes of the glorious South Alezian jurehz.

(brace yourselves because this is offensive. And sorry)
1 point go to North Alezia because we hate them so much, but then if we don't give them votes, they'll threw a bad bad tantrum.
2 points go to Ertzei Kishim. Honestly, I'm hotter than you, SANTINI. I mean, you don't have million dollar makeup hmpf.
3 points go to Missus X. Such uncreativity that is unbearable to me, humpf
4 points go to Natanya. I literally don't care about you that much
5 points go to Normandy and Picardy. Eww that clothing are really bad bad choice for a classy lady like me.
6 points go to Antahbrantahstan. You're lucky you got the cultural thing in.
7 points go to These American States. Like oh my god I want to call his manager so so bad.
8 points go to Merecendi. Wow such a boring overused technique.
10 points go to Electrum Diplomatic Offices. You're so old you don't wear gucci makeup supreme gold
and 12 points go to Zamboodle. Ugh! I want to call your manager so so so so badly so gross! ugh! I hate the music, I hate the "lyrics" yuck

Well thank you, I guess. And vote for us else I'll call your manager. buh-bye!

EDIT: Ooooh it's actually Merecendi not Mercedini Lol sorry about that, and also, I add few comments here and there. DON'T STOP NOOTING -Lez
Last edited by South Alezia on Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
puppet of north alezia :D

Titaniumland
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Titaniumland » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:38 am

08/46: Titaniumland Votes
Sirah Lu, swimmer

Good evening St. Christopher, congratulations on a beautiful show! This is Rowland calling. First of all, I'm so proud of my brother for killing it tonight! And here we go, the Titan jury votes:

1 NAHLCOMO
2 BESEN
3 NORTH ALEZIA
4 IZMEDU
5 ESTOGIUM
6 ACHAEAN REPUBLIC
7 ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN
8 LLALTA
10 SCOTATROVA

And finally our twelve points go to POLKOPIA! Good luck to everyone and much love from Titans to you all!

North Alezia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby North Alezia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:52 am

9/46
NORTH ALEZIA

Well hello St. Christopher, hello Llalta, hello World! I'm Andi Robi Idris Novogrody, runner up of the 1st ALEZIMANIA and I will accompany you on the North Alezian vote. Well, here's the first 7 points of North Alezia. I want to say that we're proud of everyone even though you're not here in Zafi, and I'm not there singing, but it's still an awesome experience looking and visualizing the joy there.

8 points go to.... The song with the best lyrical meaning, and it hits to every abusive-manipulative partner. 8 POINTS GO TO

10 points go to.... (in perfect Indonesian accent) Sumpah, aku nggak nyangka ada yang bisa bikin remix bagus kayak gini. (I swear, I can't believe someone actually made a good remix like this) 10 points go to

and... 12 points. 12 POINTS GO TO... Santini,.. You impressed me so much that I listened to your song almost everywhere. That's talent. 12 POINTS GO TO!

And that concludes the North Alezian jury. Thank you, St. Christopher. Hope we can meet again someday, and goodbye.

TEXT VERSION
ERTZEI KISHIM 12
ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN 10
SAVIERA 8
MISTER X 7
MALTA COMINO GOZO 6
BESEN 5
WAISNOR 4
BRITONISEA 3
SOUTH BATOKO 2
SYRCHE 1
FEDERATION OF NORTH ALEZIA

Member of the Alezian Union

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:52 am

WAISNOR IS CALLING

"Hello, there is Svyatoslav Klabukov with the points from Waisnor. Firstly I want to wish to all participants good luck. Well, there the 10 bes songs according to the Waisnorian jury:"

1 point - ACHAEAN REPUBLIC
2 points - MALTA COMINO GOZO
3 points - NATANYA
4 points - BEEPEE
5 points - IZMEDU
6 points - ERTZEI KISHIM
7 points - SYRCHE

8 points - LLALTA

10 points - NORTH ALEZIA

12 points - BRITONISEA
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

South Batoko
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Batoko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:39 am

SOUTH BATOKO'S JURY VOTE (11/46)

1 point goes to Замбудл. (Zamboodle)
2 points go to Ерце́ј Қиши́м. (Ertzei Kishim)
3 points go to Ка́ритөн. (Caryton)
4 points go to Нормандя и Пикардя. (Normandy and Picardy)
5 points go to Ажува. (Axuva)
6 points go to Алезя Онци. (South Alezia)
7 points go to Скотатрова. (Scotatrova)

Не́кони ! (Nekoni)

Малта Комино Ґозо !! (Malta Comino Gozo)

АЛЕЗЯ НОРЦИ !!! (North Alezia)
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko is a country in Novapax, that competes in WV.
A 19.2 civilization, according to this index.

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Voting and things, yes, that's a thing we have to do:

12pts: Natanya
10pts: Estana and Thaos
8pts: Proluvia
7pts: Talvezout
6pts: Malta Comino Gozo
5pts: Elejamie
4pts: Llalta
3pts: Mister X
2pts: Nekoni
1pt: Nahlcomo
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Scotatrovian Spokesperson, Gustavo Arias

"Thank you Llalta for such a beautiful hosting, here are the results of the Scotatrovian jury."

Axuva gom Unue aqute
Ekoz gom Diuse aqutes
Syrche gom Traz aqutes
Todlichebujoku gom Qüetre aqutes
Britonisea gom Cinqüe aqutes
Talvezout gom Sez aqutes
Ertzei Kishim gom Siet aqutes

Nosre Uotte aqutes va ai...Izmedu!

Nosre Dihes aqutes va ai...Besen!

Ía athor...nosre Duse aqutes va ai...Polkopia!
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:16 pm

14/42 voting
KALOSIA
Eva Kartas, Kalosian WHF entrant

Bonë serë Ëľaltë, good evening WorldVision! This is Monterra calling! So happy to be with you tonight. Anyway, here are the results of the Kalosian jury.

07 Talvezout
06 Tödlichebujoku
05 Natanya
04 Axuva
03 Malta Comino Gozo
02 Normandy & Picardy
01 Britonisea

8 points go to...
Nekoni!

10 points go to...
Ertzei Kishim!!

And finally, 12 points go to...