NATION

PASSWORD

Shadows of Silverdale [Closed|ATTN: Mystria| FanT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Legokiller
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Shadows of Silverdale [Closed|ATTN: Mystria| FanT]

Postby Legokiller » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm

OOC: Co-written with Dyste
Riley’s Private House
Outskirts of Saint Monica

The one story rustic log cabin in the middle of a patch of woodlands was as typical as a Siverdalean home. The white clouds passing by with the breeze of the fresh pine air of autumn, and the sunlight of Solis warm the cozy cabin. A cute dragon welcome sign greeted all who came to visit. Inside the cabin was decorated with all forms of wooden carvings and goods of the penguin, and dragon iconology. It was the Dragonlover’s cabin for all to come and gather. The back porch had a view of the forest with a fence for any pets to roam freely. In the platform of the porch itself was a hot tub to ease up from the coldness of winter. All with the fully stacked firewood nearby to get and throw into the stonish fireplace to relax and bench watch the latest program on Penflix.

That is if you know where to search for its secrets.

A boulder nearby had a simple hidden magical hatch that led down into the depths of a secret hideout from the world itself. An old bunker and shelter, a relic from the civil war era, was forgotten in time as the surface pinbox was destroyed by a bomb. Yet outside of the erie and decay, the rest was retrofitted into a traditional Dragonlover dojo. A room for training with bamboo floors, and cases to hold swords, a literal build in the concrete walls of a weapon’s army with all kinds of ninja weapons to guns, axes, magical items, and armors in the second room nearby. The main gathering and intelligence room with a magical map of the entirety of Silverdale with the nearby islands with the Fairy Island and the South Pole. The gathering room that was open next to the intelligence room with a small mini kitchen and a group of couches. Lastly was the fifth room, the garage, was a seperate room from the hallway that connected to the dojo and army, where a special get away speed car laid dormant.

Riley slipped out from the dojo in her ninja persona. In the public and partisan circles, they know her as Riley. In secret, her codename was Momiji Dragonlover, a harlot of the night that terrorized all. As Momiji, the presidential candidate’s skin was tanned, her long hair became as wild and unkempt in a dark violet, and burning scarlet eyes. Her gorgeous voluptuous body was clad tight against a very flexible leotard, leggings, and gauntlets of a dark red color with blackened dragon scales. All completed with a terrific dragon mask that laid on the right side of her head. Momiji made sure nothing resembled her other self in public as it’d be a disaster! Which she might be better than most fictional superheroes, but Riley knew that as a bit of a stretch and silly!

All that was left was to wait for the others.

Momiji didn’t have to wait too long for the first of her guests. While Hinoka Dragonlover was a dwarf, she was relatively tall and slender for one, though she was still over a foot shorter than Momiji. While she often took many guises, Momji saw her as she actually was, having short grey hair and icy blue eyes, wearing a light blue kimono that seemed rather loose on the dwarf’s pale frame, and in her hands were a pair of light blue fans. At first glance, she seemed rather harmless and even a bit frail, but Momiji knew better when it came to her leader. “Momiji,” she spoke in a stern tone, but there seemed to be a hint of concern in her voice, “I hope you have not been waiting long for us. Have you been well?”

Momiji gave a light bow to Hinoka, and then made a delightful grin. “Your timing was on schedule Hinoka. The old bunker needs some small polish. As for myself, I am glad that I can loosen myself up, and fix up my outfit. How about yourself sensei?”

Hinoka offered Momiji a seat on the nearby couch, “I have been doing fine, Momiji. I recently got a visit from Marron and her mother, and we have… been talking about a few things. Among those is that I fear my time in administrative duties might have dulled my skills and made me too rigid, hence why I am handling this mission personally, alongside a small team of my choosing. Shana will be acting leader while I am on this mission, so you needn’t worry about the well-being of the clan with myself absent from our village. I trust that you still enjoy the same drink order as when you lived in Dyste?”

Momiji leaped onto the couch with bouncy glee, and chuckled when Hinoka mentioned the list of drinks. “It’s been ages since I had one of your drinks, Hinoka. I hope it remains as splendid as ever.” Momiji winked.

Hinoka gave a slight smile, a rare sight from the dwarf, but even for a ninja leader dwarves still loved their drinks. She pulled a small tankard with draconic runes on it from her sleeve, and picked up a pair of mugs from the kitchen, pouring both of them a drink; the tankard appeared to be one that preserved the temperature of the ale, keeping it nice and cold. “It has been over a decade since you came to Silverdale, so I have no doubt you missed this. I know I have been rather strict in the past, but know that I always wanted you and the others to be your best. And from what I’ve seen of you and your campaign, you still have a strong drive to better yourself and those around you.”

“That’s possible.” Momiji sighed as she closed her eyes. “As Riley, I must ascend above the fray to achieve a semi-impossible dream to serve others. A wild dream yes, but there’s a point after I worked hard and done much for this country and Dyste, I do worry that there are stones that were left set to... “ Momiji opened up and huffed in irritation as she took a mug. “People who aren’t that smart. It’s a dangerous time for those people and others as well Hinoka. If you listen to the news from foreign leaders, they condemn an enemy they do not know, or made dealings with them in secret. If you say the enemy’s name in public, you’ll end up with a tin foil hat with mad conspiracy rambles.” Momiji took a sip from her mug.

“That is why people like us exist,” Hinoka chugged down her glass, yet showed no signs of intoxication; it appeared she shared the iron liver of her famous ancestor, the founder of the clan herself. “We can avoid all the issues with public perception and get to the heart of the matter to gather the information needed. And eliminate the problem if necessary. Now, if you don’t mind, I believe the next member of our team is about to arrive…”

Momiji and Hinoka were joined by a buxom blonde ninja with cat ears and a tail that matched her hair! Like Momiji, she dressed for the sake of alluring her targets and distracting them, though her black outfit with pink highlights was more on the skimpy side of things. She dashed over to Momiji and gave her a big hug, “It’s been too long since I’ve seen you, Momiji! Betcha didn’t see me getting to go on the mission with our fearless leader now, did you?”

Momiji quickly embraced the catgirl ninja and gave a passionate ear scratch! “Nope! You’re quite a surprise to see the maid Solis to work with our icy leader Solis. I hope your journey to my little cabin in the woods was an interesting one.”

Solis purred as she get her ears scratched, jumping on the couch to cuddle with her fellow ninja, “Oh, yes, I did a little maid work for a patron,” Clan Dragonlover had a tendency for their members to take on other jobs in order to gain information, with maids being a popular choice for them. Solis in particular had a long-standing role in Castle Dyste as a maid for the royal family. “I took some time in the countryside to try out a few moves Marron taught me!” Being of the more playful side of the clan, Solis, like a lot of those members, was a big fan of Marron’s. “Of course, I took a little time to bask in the sun, too; gotta live up to my namesake, after all!”

“A handy magic trick gave me this lovely tan Solis. So if you missed a spot, I can lend you a hand.” Momiji gave Solis a deviant look. “But I know your skill shall be a great use. There are times we cannot rely on weapons to sneak in a few places, which you’ll be perfect for the job.”

“It would be good to avoid bloodshed when possible,” Hinoka said, “We are here to investigate first and foremost, after all. But Solis’s talents will come in handy for those times.”

“Oh, of course,” Solis grinned, “Many people tend to be a bit too distracted by the cute kitty to really keep their guard up around me, which makes it extra easy to give ‘em a beating when it’s needed. If you have some spare time afterwards, maybe I’ll teach you a few of my tricks.”

“There’ll be enough time in between to spare Solis. I need a little workout now and then after the trail in the campaign to sharpen my skills as a ninja.” Momiji chuckled as her hand transformed into a dragon claw! Momiji’s abilities as a ninja can personify one of her talents as the ‘shadow dragon’ of some femine horror rather than pure distraction.

“All except my claws of course! But yes, Hinoka, I have my thoughts on how to avoid bloodshed in one of the key locations I pinned on the map. Believe me…. It took a long time to gather all this information from my jobs and the times as Momiji.” Momiji explained.

“Heh, it’s been a while since I’ve seen your skills, so that’ll be fun.” Solis purred as she cuddled on Momiji’s lap, seemingly not afraid of her abilities at all.

“It will be useful to have a lot of different skills for such a plan,” Hinoka said. “Fortunately, I have gotten experts in those fields to aid us…”

The next two members of the squad had arrived, as if on cue. One was a dark grey humanoid shark, or Sarkesh, who was noticeably more burly than any of the others, and only wore a pair of swimming trunks; understandable, given his speciality in seafaring missions, “Heya, I’m Brandt, of the Ninja Bros.,” the all-male team of Dragonlovers who were prominent in the 1990’s, but due to aging most had retired from active duty, aside from the Sarkesh; given his long lifespan, he could remain active for a long time further, “Of course, more like a ninja bro nowadays… Anyways, if you need any underwater work, I’m your guy. I brought my best bud’s girl along, if y’don’t mind…”

The other one was a wolf girl with grey fur and red hair, wearing a black ninja outfit that while not on Solis’s level was still fairly skimpy, though unlike the catgirl she had a kunai and a katana on her person. “Hey, so you’re the one they’ve all been talking about? Name’s Tala; I was just a pup when you left, but I think you might know my dad, Loka, or grandma Shana; I knew I had to help out given my great-aunt is one of the running mates of a candidate and all. Anyways, I’m good as both a lone wolf and as part of a pack, whichever is needed.”

“Oh I don’t mind sharky.” Momiji teased. “And my my, you grew up so much Tala. I know you saw me grow up as a fine woman on stage, but it’s the first time seeing me as Momiji yes?”

“Oh yes, of course,” Tala relaxed with a mug of ale on her own; she was in her early twenties now, so she was able to enjoy the favourite pastime of her clanmates. “I was a rather silly kid, I know, and I got into trouble a lot. Still do, as a matter of fact.”

“Ah, y’know, Tala’s a strong believer in the whole ‘ninja charm’ thing,” Brant clarified, “The likes of Marron and Lux, and you and Solis for that matter. So she got in trouble a lot for insisting on that style instead of going the serious route. Thankfully, the clan’s eased up on that recently, so hopefully she won’t go all lone wolf again, heheh.”

“Oh please. You have no idea how many silly things I did as a kiddo Tala.” Momiji had a lot of stories as a child. The simply dare from one of the frog ninja initials to act as a dog give Riley a ‘dog fad’ as she chased around squirrels to a fellow squirrel beastling, to the one back in Silverdale with her mother with her wannabe magical girl day cosplay fight with a cosplayer villain. “Still, I am the silly one here and it helps as Riley.”

“Heheh, I know all about those,” Solis said, “Mishy and I also got into our own share of mischief too. But as long as we did our missions, Lux didn’t mind what sort of antics we got up to.”

“I was rather worried about the reputation of our clan,” Hinoka remarked, now on her fourth mug of ale, “But I suppose it helps you work if you get to have fun in your off-hours. Speaking of Mishera, she is currently in Silverdale, and while I know she has a mission of her own, I invited her here to stay in the know about what is going on. I know she’d want to see Solis and her brother at least.”

The dragon elf Mishera strolled inside of the bunker and made a curious coo. Mishera wore a revealing skimpy naval blue kimono that barely held up her chest. The dark bob haired woman leaned down to look at the group, and then jumped to hug Solis! “Good to see you kitten! I hope you weren’t too alone in the castle while I was away to clean up the Winter Palace and Plane! Like Momo, I bounce around a lot as both a Secret Service Agent, Spec Ops, and a ninja. I suppose my talent makes me super special.” She giggled.

Solis huggled Mishera, “Don’t you worry, I got a chance to spend time with Marron while you were gone, and she’s been helping me become stronger. And given our ties to the Royal Family of Silverdale and the Secret Service, it only makes sense to send someone like you, especially since you got to see your cousin and all.”

“Heh. I’ll say that the president does have an eye on this matter, and wants to make sure the ‘woman in white’ from Princess Snow’s prophecy is somehow related to this mess. So I’ll make sure Miss frozen heart here doesn’t get too hurt!” Mishera laughed.

Solis purred at Mishera’s affection, “Oooh, did you get a chance to meet the princess? Marron told me of some of the times she got to work with Queen Aurora, she was apparently quite a sweetheart and quite cuddly too! I wonder if Snow’s anything like that…”

“Ahem,” Hinoka said regarding Mishera’s little remark, “If that was supposed to be directed at me, I shall have you know that just because I tend to be focused on missions it does not mean I am unfeeling.”

“Oh I’m so sorry!” Mishera jumped away from Solis and then approached Hinoka. “I’ll make it up for you, sensei. It was very little matter for me to do that.” She then gleefully gives the dwarf a good old arctic elf hug. As in an embrace that smothered Hinoka. All added in with a kiss on the lips.

“Heheh. I’m glad to see you again sensei.” Mishy replied.

Hinoka blushed before returning the kiss, “I… I am glad to see you too, Mishera. I have missed you during your assignment in Silverdale. Has everyone been treating you well here? If they have been unkind to you, I can make sure they never do so again…”

“Oh please, me and my family already dealt with a tragic jerk, and revived her to become a lovefreak! Hence, I’m doing alright! I even befriended a few Melonheart girl as well. Although there is this one fairy… Emerald was it? Oh yes, her. Who pulls off awful tricks one.” Mishy admitted. “Like giving me a wedgie.”

“Oh yeah, that dragon elf in Icicle Shore, heard about her in that report…” Hinoka of course kept up with all the news of her subordinates. “I see you’re doing good work here.”

“Now I jus’ think we’re waitin’ for your bro, Mishy,” Brandt said, “I would’ve thought he’d be the first one showin’ up, he’s always so punctual…” he picked up a mug handed to him by a butler with long black hair and a fine black suit, “Whoa, thanks… ACK! Quentin!?”

“I did arrive first, as a matter of fact,” the dragon elf said with a deadpan expression. “Like my sister, I am an expert at playing the domestic servant, and part of that job is to seem like you belong there. Needless to say, I succeeded.”

“Subtle I see.” Momo drank from her mug. “I am glad you’ve made yourself at home Quentin. We won’t stay here for long, but I hope you found my secret dojo and cabin suitable for your tastes.”

“Of course,” Quentin said. “As one of the best infiltrators in the clan, I shall find myself in the homes of influential politicians and gather intel. Perhaps even from the mysterious Riley…”

“Well, that is everyone,” Hinoka said, finishing off her last mug and totally not finishing a makeout session with Mishy! “Ahem… I know it is a rather… off-beat team, but I believe they will be the best suited to this mission, Momiji. Please use all of their skills to your greatest benefit.”

“Outside of a few make up, and a little Momo special, I can get all of us ready. Such as Mishy’ alter ego.” Momiji winked.

“Oh, like my spiky ‘club in and out’ style?” Mishera asked.

“Eeyup! Need a good brown hairspray, and you’ll be a different person.” Momiji nodded. “ Now Hinoka, it must be a good time to brief over all of us about ‘Those Who Slither in the Dark.’”

“I can see that you still take good care to make good disguises,” Hinoka was glad to see that even in her time out of Dyste, she had remembered one of the core tenets of her training. “So yes, shall we begin our briefing?”

Momiji rose up from the couch and gestured for everyone to gather up to the magical table in the intelligence room. She snapped her finger to unveil an illusion to show a pinboard with many red lines and links. In the middle of the maydaim of articles, photos, and papers was a symbol of a snake-like creature with a dragon mouth that looked left with icy teeth. “Now what’s Momo’s mention of this whole ‘Those Who Slither in the Dark’ deal, hmm? I suppose an enigmatic is something I caught on within the Rose Party members and the right-wing people. What I gather from folks to some loose string of history is that these snakes are some form of a Garyx cult that materialized after the last cycle. A snake creature if one is mentioned but I have no name for it. Somehow this thing has slithered its way from some obscure location to work within a network from the Luvgoods, their association, to those linked to the Fairy Council. With that network...“

Momiji pointed to an old hairy pony stallion called ‘Rep. Old Greaser.’ “They can swing this pony’s doomed election to success with a good outrage piece against an opponent. That is a soft power compared to the recent one.” She pointed to the table to show off an autopsy of the batpony that was… grey, eyes blanked, alongside a blank flank. “A tool they can create: a homunculus. A literal pony bot with one purpose. Once it is done, the pony will self-terminate itself.”

“Is that… the assassin of Silent Moonstone?” Tala asked, looking at the pictures. “I was keeping up in the news in case something happened to great-aunt Gywnie, but you’re saying that the assassination was caused by these… Slitherers?”

“Yes. It’s possible that one of the Slitherers has a tie with the Fairy Council, and knew that if Silent Moonstone’s rhetoric became a reality, then it may be the end of them. They might have decided to snuff the problem in the butt before this happened. Afterall, creating a homunculus is no easy task and the creator of it likely works for them.” Momiji said.

“Whoever is creating them is dealing with advanced magic, and dangerous ones at that,” Hinoka said, “They are like golems, only while ours in Dyste are quite obviously automatons, these are capable of blending in with people, making them perfect for infiltration and assassination. Imagine if one of us was just a disposable tool instead of a unique individual.” The dwarf showed her disgust at the idea.

“I don't see any Dragonlovers as expendable!” Mishy shook her head. “Even as strong as myself, to become a blank is awful.”

“For them, creating blanks and other monsters are more preferable than people who’d spill their secrets. Hence it makes my gathering of intelligence… difficult. Outside of this case, I cannot say that for monster attacks if it was a simple attack or a set up. A homunculus is easier to figure out.” Momo said.

“If the Luvgoods are involved, setting up monster attacks is a possibility,” Quentin frowned, working to clean up from the drinking as the brief was happening, “When Dyste was opening itself up to the world again, there were cases I took on involving that family and the former president.”

“Still, th’ whole thing seems rather dangerous,” Brandt patted his fin, “These Homonculuses…”

“Homunculi, Brandt,” Solis corrected him.

“Erm, right, Homunculi… anyways, monsters are kinda difficult t’ control. I’ve had some bouts with a few monsters of the deep and lemme tell ya, they aren’t exactly ones for strategy, and they can be as dangerous to themselves as they are t’you. But if they had someone guidin’ ‘em, that’s a whole different story. I wouldn’t count out someone makin’ sure those attacks happened. Between the two, they likely got some strong mages in their ranks.”

“Aye. Hence, we can begin our search with a few mages who can create Homunculi and other forms of life.” Momiji replied. “To hunt down a fox named Yoko will be counterproductive. Hence, there are a few wizards in Gingerbread City who have some high level skills in the similar field.”

“That would be a good place to start,” Hinoka said, “But make sure to refrain from assuming that just because it is the most likely spot, that it will indeed be there where we will find what we’re looking for. In addition, make sure to take disguises appropriate for the area, so that we blend in with the locals.”

“Well sure…”Mishy puffed up her cheeks. “A big sweater is one thing. But who are we going to look for exactly?”

“Professor Dozla Shade, and Professor L'arachel Shiningheart in the University of Gingerbread city. They’re lead in the department of life and necromancy, who have ties to people who can create forms of organic life. They’re no Doctor Frankenstein, but are more likely to know who can create forms of Homunculi or something similar to it. Not to mention ant ties out in the arcane world about it.” Momo said.

“Alright, so some of us can pose as students, others potentially scholars, or campus staff,” Hinoka said, “Learn about what we can, and see if anyone there is potentially part of this group. Either way, it will be a useful first step for us.”

“Naturally, I’ll play as… myself.” Momiji winked. “Riley’s rally and support for the people of Gingerbread city, with a rally and talk show. This will allow you to play as a student for a day. I say only a day because if you’re questioned or asked to show your ID, then you’ll be in a bad position.”

“Well, don’t we have fake IDs for this sorta thing?” Solis said, “I mean, we use ‘em all the time.”

“General citizen IDs aren’t the same as ones specifically for students, though,” Hinoka shook her head, “It would take too much time to make those. That said, I know Mishera, Solis, Quentin and I can pass easy enough for students, all of us look youthful enough. Brandt would be better off playing the role of a foreigner, seeing as he doesn’t look like a local at all…”

“I could be one of my favourites, Rip Greyjaws, surfing pro,” Brandt gave a toothy grin, “Locals might open up better to a handsome athlete instead of the nerds, as it were.”

“And as for myself, I’ve got one I’ve been wanting to use for some time,” Tala used some ninjutsu to change her fur colour to a bluish tint, and her facial features were altered to make her look more like a foxkin than a wolfkin. “Whaddya think? I based if off this cute foxgirl I saw in a magazine with Mishy’s cousin; I recall foxes being pretty commonplace around those parts.”

“You might pass into Yuki’s Den with no problem at this rate! I hope you’re a bit wild, since I know Yuki’s daughter is a wild fox.” Mishera said.

“Not bad at all.” Momiji replied.

“If the fact that I’ve had to suspend her from duty several times for her behaviour counts as ‘wild’, I think Tala would get along just fine with her,” Hinoka said. Tala stuck her tongue out at Hinoka, but she admitted she’d like to meet that family someday.

“Now me, I admittedly don’t hafta do too much for my own disguise,” Brandt admitted, “I just change my face a bit with ninja stuff. I look the least out of everyone of bein’ one, anyways,” with only wearing swim trunks, he already looked the part for the beach.”

“The rest of us ought to sort out our disguises soon,” Hinoka said, “We’ll need to try and blend in, so nothing too fancy, though considering the standards of Silverdalean beauty, I suppose it wouldn’t be the worst idea to show your unique style to them.”

“People won’t complain too much, if it isn’t on a chilly day.” Momiki winked. “Remember when I am Riley, whatever wizard is out there and his puppet masters might send a few homunculi to go after me if it is a little obvious what I plan to do. I do recommend that you don’t worry about my well being and go after the assassin and other suspicious people. My campaign manager and security team can handle that role, and it will give you a window to pounce.”

“Of course, I expect you to be able to defend yourself, and I imagine you have surrounded yourself with those you can trust to defend yourself,” Hinoka said. “Either way, one of us will always remain close enough proximity to you just in case they do decide to target you, so we can hopefully catch them beforehand. I trust in all your abilities here. Now, if you don’t mind, we’ve got some disguises to sort out.” The dwarf took out a small bag, from in her kimono, and within that was a little drawer containing clothes of various types and shapes! “Never leave home without a change of clothes,” she winked.

“Wonderful! I’ll make a few calls with my campaign staff, and we shall move before the day ends everyone.” Momiji smiled brightly. “In the meantime, I can answer any other questions and share anything else I know. Outside of that, I can spar with everyone to see how much you have grown since I was here.”

“It’d be good to see how everyone stacks up!” Solis said, “I dunno if any of us can beat Sensei, though; she even gives Marron a tough time.”

“Don’t build me up to sound unbeatable,” Hinoka scoffed, pulling out a school uniform suited for a dwarf, loosening her kimono to see how well it fit her. “That said, I do wonder, Momiji, if you could take a guess, what other candidates do you see as potentially being at risk like Silent Moonstone was?”

Momiji closed her eyes as she thought of a way to explain it in simple terms. “Ah, yes. The return of Princess Snow is an omen of what is to come Hinoka. No one knew she was even alive, but the signs of her duty were noticeable. Now she’s in the spotlight, well… Not only all the candidates’ lives are at risk, but the nation as a whole alongside the rest of Mystria. The Dark Snakes did lowkey events before, but now that they’re more active, the whole Garyx sect is truly up for something big. The question is: how?” Momiji then opened her eyes. “And that is the question Snow herself likely doesn’t know. It’s a mystery. Even the simple answer of the rise of hate from a cleric doesn’t truly answer it.”

“Ah yes, I am fully aware of an oracle that is given omens but not the full picture,” Hinoka remarked, “The most recent Oracle of Bahamut I recall once warning me of a grave danger, but it took us months to figure out what it was. Thankfully Sandy helped us fight off those demons before they attacked the city, but it involved our investigation to get the correct information. I see that this will be no different.”

“So I guess the thing is less about protecting the other candidates and more getting at the bottom of the whole case!” Solis had undressed and was checking out a few outfits, trying to find the right one that went with her figure and style; Quentin seemed as unflappable as ever as he looked over some even with the catgirl showing off her figure. “We can do that, especially since Mishy’s here too. “We’ll leave protection of the candidates to their own guards and the forces of the other groups giving aid, so we can work better on the sidelines without taking much notice. Of course, if we find that one is threatened and we can do something to help, of course we will!”

“Great.” Momiji let out a coo and relaxed a little. “If we manage to solve this case, then Silverdale’s winter will be bearable. At least hopefully. Of course, a few months or weeks aren’t an excuse to waste, as our enemy is on the clock as well.”

After some rummaging, Solis, Quentin and Hinoka picked out some outfits that made them look more like students at the University; Solis’s was still quite revealing, using her charm to its advantage, and even Hinoka had her jacket open to show some cleavage. They also were looking at makeup and other parts of the disguise kit. Solis worked on making her hair and fur black, while Hinoka made her skin look a bit tanned, put on a wig, put on fake elf ears and even used tricks to change her figure; she looked a bit more like Marron when she was done, a favourite of hers. In spite of sometimes bickering, the half-dragon was one of her favourite people like it was for Mishy and Solis and she liked to dress like her from time to time. “What do you think?” She said to Momiji.

“Nice cosplay, Marron.” Momiji gave a deviant smirk as she checked out Hinoka. “I’ll warn you that the boys might try to hook up with you. Just don’t mendle around too much.”

Mishera in the meantime, just prepared a “I <3 penguin” pink sweater and baggy pants for the road ahead.

Brandt just went with a patterned shirt, shades, and his swimming trunks; he was the one who most looked like a foreigner to begin with, so he had to lean on that fact. Quentin wore a baseball hat and red hoodie with a logo for the Dragon Elf city of Auroras on it. Tala, meanwhile, decided to go fully nude, aside from a penguin charm necklace; she was of the Lux and Celicia line of ninjas who enjoyed flaunting her raw beauty, and given that she was in the guise of an Antarctic Kitsune, the cold wasn’t supposed to affect her; in reality her fur wasn’t thick enough for that, but the penguin charm was more than a fashion accessory. “Heh, I hope the boys are ready for this,” she winked.

University of Gingerbread

The Dragonlover team arrived at the University of Gingerbread. True to its name, the Campus was sculpted by the famous architect Faye Candyman to create colorful buildings like Gingerbread houses from the early 20th century. Colorful stones and wooden buildings melt with ease, with the white sugary-like cream that glue down the buildings. With sugary and colorful chocolate like domes on the main building’s towers

Riley herself was located in a square green field on a platform with a crowd of both students, reporterers, and supporters. She was guarded by her trusty dwarven companion, and the campus police to keep watch for any signs of trouble. In the west was the Magical Institution of Gingerbread, a colorful stony building with a red and green sharp angle rooftop, is where their professors were located.

The other members of the ninja clan arrived, this time mostly in smaller teams. Brandt was there as a foreigner from Corneria that was considering applying to the college, while the others posed as regular students, even Tala who seemed happier than usual as she made a few flirtatious looks at some of the students.

“Ugh, what a silly wo-fox,” Hinoka sighed, “Well, let’s get started, lots of people to talk to.” She kept it as vague as possible, in case someone was watching. She had added a few campaign buttons for Riley on her jacket.

Mishera slipped down on a bottle of Chilly Willy as she became her ‘hipster student dragon elf.’ She appeared big, curvy, and pudgy within the baggy pants and penguin sweater, alongside the wild curvy blondie long hair. The most noticable is the use of her dragonstone to materialize her wings, horns, and tail to add a more ‘dragon in the dragon elf.’ “You know Hinoka! I did read up about the homunculus a little bit more, and I wondered… If pony, can they make manaketes too? Like war dragons or something?”

“Ooh, that would be scary,” Solis looked more like she was going through a goth phase, dressed in all black, though just skimpy enough to fit her tastes, and wearing makeup to make herself more pale. “I’d imagine they could do all sorts of stuff like that…”

“It’s truly a terrifying idea,” Hinoka said, “But hopefully we won’t have to deal with that. I dunno about you, but I’d rather we nip this in the bud instead of having to play custodian duties at this campus.”

“Aye! No war dragon is good enough.” Mishera then walked towards the building. “But I do have a question sensei: which professor should we see first?”

“Well, we have two professors in particular: Dozla Shade and L'arachel Shiningheart,” Hinoka recalled the names Momiji told them. “Let’s see if they’re available to talk to, and if not, we can talk to their colleagues.”

“Okay!” Mishera waved.

The dragonlovers entered the building, and went down its wooden bright brown halls to arrive at Professor L'arachel Shiningheart’s office. The office was designed with a rich library alongside many plants and other dolls that happily worked in the room. The dragon elf woman who worked on her computer was L’arachel herself. A silver hair maiden with purple eyes, and a white magi robe that worked hard! With one last press of a button, she snapped into action and looked at the group of ‘students!’

“Ah! What brings you here dears? Come to see Ms. Shiningheart yes?” She asked.

Hinoka gave a smile, “Ah, greetings, professor! Are you doing well today? With Riley here campaigning, things are being quite hectic around here.” She chose to start with a little small talk before getting to the heart of the matter, since going straight for the homunculus question was bound to raise suspicion.

“Living the joy of a small grace period before my next class.” Ms. Shiningheart answered. “I can’t participate in the rally as I need to work on a few emails and see students. Which, I am free to talk right now.”

“Yeah, rallies are totally overrated anyways,” Solis scoffed, playing her part well.

“Actually, we were wondering about the whole idea of bringing life to objects,” Tala remarked, having spent much of the trip to the office flirting with other students, much to Hinoka’s annoyance; she would have to give the wolfgirl a lecture on when it’s okay to flaunt and when it gets in the way of a mission, “Like the ones you have here in your office. Must be pretty hard to do.”

“Oh that?” The professor laughed. “It’s like electricity through a circuit board! This is the work of engineering, gardening, and craftsmanship.” She then picked up one of the cute blonde maiden dolls and showed the animated doll to the group. “The key for a puppet and dolls like this is the magical matrix that flows within the dolls joints, to give some form of automation, to puppetry work. So, are you interested in this field?”

“Sometimes I wonder if she’s here to actually learn or just to meet cute boys, Professor,” Hinoka couldn’t help but make a jab at Tala, causing the wolf-turned-fox to stick her tongue out at the dwarf-turned-elf, “But my friends and I are very interested in the field. I mean, lots of people when they look at magic they think of throwing fireballs or healing wounds, but there’s so much more interesting fields to look at. Like transmutation, who wouldn’t want to be able to be anything?” Granted, she might have a bit of personal bias there since the main magic professor in Dragonlover village was a transmuter, the father of her old boss. “Or something like this, making objects that don’t normally move around be able to! It’s so cool!”

“It is!” Ms. Shiningheart chirped. “I see your dreams lie within the Animated Objects major with either a minor in golem/magitek machines, artificial life, or plants. I can answer any questions regarding the degree, to any information about my little courses that I teach. Now, Consular Abby Bill in the admissionation building can provide further information about the degree program and the course catalog if you’re interested in enrolling in it.”

“Well, what sort of things can you make animate?” Solis said, sounding a bit uninterested, but participating anyways. “Like are there limitations on what you can do?”

“I for one would like to know, how difficult the degree is,” Hinoka added, “I mean, it sounds kinda tough… not that I’m unwilling to try, of course, but how many people actually succeed in this field?”

“Oh, an animated cat toy is a simple trick anyone can do.” The professor glanced over to the goth girl. “But the creation of magitek robots, golems, and my special: homunculi. There are limitations to it as my resources are a little short and other advanced golems like a dragon golem. But I know that one little AI I assisted with the executive office and in another university used my work to make a body!”

“Cool!” Mish nodded. “But how difficult is the degree?”

“It’s hard! A lot of education to this needed spell to fill from the library might sound dull, and only 43% of the students graduated from this field. But I assure you that magitek creation and work is needed in the workplace.” The professored answered.

“Homun… culi…?” Tala tilted her head, playing the part of a ditzy fox well, “Like, I’ve never heard of a humancully…”

“It’s ‘Homunculi’,” Hinoka sighed in exasperation. “I’ve only heard the term in shows and comics before, so I’m not sure if the real deal is anything like what I saw there.”

“It’s as broad as the horizon!” The professor explained. “For classic definition, it’s a little creature made with blood magic, as in the use of your blood, with a small sculpture, and you created a little person. There are other means to make it greater as an artificial sapient being, but they all have a form of limitation. A homunculus only takes orders and is linked to the master by telepathics, and will wither away without the master. While you can make more bigger and better ones, their lifespans are short.”

“So basically if you want to make something that can do tasks easily, you can use one of them,” Solis mused. “But what I don’t get is, why not just use a golem? Seems like that’d be easier since they don’t need blood and don’t expire…”

“A homunculus is easier to create than expensive golem! Sure, there is the scrap golem that anyone can dig up from a landfill, but if you want a proper one, you’ll need a lot of magical power and spell to build one up. That, and the alternative is just having a pumpkin patch to make another type of golem. But that’s my little rival’s work there!” The professor tck. She knew that her druid professor was more… lively with his work of magic.

“Oooh, yeah, so more cost-effective,” Tala said, “Sorta like how you don’t gotta buy clothing if you don’t wear any,” she giggled.

Hinoka rolled her eyes, “But I get the appeal, it’s an efficient and easy way to make someone to do jobs for you. I mean, relatively speaking, of course. I’d imagine that it’s still fairly complex by normal standards, especially if you want to make a particularly elaborate one.”

“Elaborate one?” The professor gave a curious look at Hinoka and the others. As if she attempted to read through the group. “There are elaborate forms of a Homunculus that one could create, but should they? So what type are you most interested in?”

“U-um…” Hinoka’s face turned red, “Well, I was thinking like if I wanted like a maid or butler, y’know, to clean my room. My roommate is a messy fox,” she gave a glance at Tala, who stuck her tongue out at her, “so something like that to put up the slack. I’d want them to look the part and all, not just be some shapeless form.”

“A servant homunculus? To build a life size one, you’ll need to use a specialized lab here in the university, alongside a sample flesh of the creature for the base, the life hex to properly construct it, a dew of lunacy and platinum to make it speak.” The Professor then rambled off with a bunch of other items that the group did not need to know. “And finally a maid outfit that is the right size.”

“Oh, wow, a whole bunch of things, right?” Tala was pretending to wrack her brains over this, “And you gotta have both the skill and the proper items… sorry, it’ll look like your dreams of a maid homunculus will have to wait,” she teased Hinoka, who sighed. “But given you have the right materials, how much skill would the maker need? Would a student be capable of this, or would it take more training?”

“Yes! It’s easy to add a few commands for a homunculus to do a few things, but more complex for a variety of tasks. It requires years of study and experience.” The professor answered.

“Hmm…” Hinoka didn’t really have any questions left to ask on her part, “Thanks for answering our questions, professor. Unless any of you have any questions left to ask, we should probably let her get back to her work.”

“Right!” Mishera then chirped in. “One last question! So, do you have any thoughts on the latest piece of news? I believe that's assassin was a homunculus, since it was… simple-minded.”

“Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!” The professor grumbled. “Very likely yes. What villainess mastermind plotted that attack might be still out there. Of course, I know the police are questioning magi who are skilled, which means I have an appointment with the law! Fear not, I’m no vile being that will do such a thing to a candidate! Even if that candidate is a bigot. But sadly, I have class in a few minutes.”

“Right,” Hinoka said, “Sorry for taking so much of your time.” She gestured to the others to head out with her. “Hm, I think she’s telling the truth, but she might have been the one to teach the person who made that homunculus.”

“Like a student?” Mishera asked. “I mean sure, there are some teachers who make some cray cray people who scream and are full of rage! But I’m not sure if that will lend to a student who will do something so… dangerous like that with skill as a professional killer.”

“I don’t mean they’re necessarily a student anymore, and I certainly don’t mean the professor deliberately taught them to make such things,” Hinoka shook her head, “But it’s possible that whoever did make this did learn under Ms. Shiningheart at one point. They had to learn about all of this somewhere, and this seems the most likely place in the country for it to have happened.”

“There’s that and Aurora Academy.” Mishera nodded. “But given the connections we have, the killer must still be around in this city. Still, we need to figure out which student might be the one who’d have done such a thing.”

“I’ve sent Brandt to check out the campus, while Quentin is checking information about the students in this particular field.” Hinoka replied. “With his information, we can narrow down our list of possible suspects and determine who might have both the skill and the reason to do this.”

As the professor exited her office, Hinoka’s eyes noticed a worn down and shadowy robed figure slipped from the shadows of a doll to appear towards the computer! As the door closed with the professor locked from behind, she gave one last wave as she moved out.

“Hm?” Hinoka gave the professor a wave, before going to the others, “Okay, I saw something in the professor’s office. Whoever or whatever it is, we’ll have to find out.”

Solis weighed their options, “Our options are to pick the door, go through the window, find an air duct, or use Ki to attempt a few tricks. Each has their own good and bad points to it.”

“Oh that?” Mishera looked around to see a glimmer of the moment. “Allow me…” She went towards the door, and with a rather… a dragon claw pick from her finger alongside some metal lockpick… unlocked the door!

“Nice work,” Hinoka smirked, using a Ki move to vanish, with Solis following suit. “Let’s see who our guest is…” she said as she moved forward stealthily.

Inside the office, the ninjas can see all the dolls became inanimate as the withered and grey fingers began to open up the professor’s email index. Upon closer examination, they can see that the robed figure was something like an undead wraith, with only a shadowy void and a spark of dimmed light. Mishera took position in her now invisible form, which the creature had not spotted the group.

With Tala remaining outside to act as a lookout, the three invisible ninja were able to position themselves for a surprise attack on the wraith, though before they did so, they had to wonder, what was the wraith after? Hinoka made sure to give a little time to see what the wraith was doing before they lost this opportunity.

They can see that the shadow figure wanted to… exchange an email to one of the students under the name Sour Sugardrop, with some… salutation for one’s success with one’s creation to eliminate a candidate?

Hinoka didn’t make a sound, but her eyes widened, though given her invisible state, you couldn’t notice this. Sour Sugardrop… she wondered if Quentin’s intel had gotten any information on this student? She moved closer to the computer, hoping to get a better look at the e-mail.

“Splendid! Without the ill-mattered pony who lust for blood, you’ve secure a place amongst us. Another emissary will come to herald another mission for you before your departure as-”

The email stopped there as the wraith turned its gaze right at Hinoka! In a mere second the creature's lungs formed and grabbed the dwarf by the neck! Its crooked fingernails dig deep into the dwarf! “Foolish student. You believe you’d sneak towards those in the dark?”

“GNK!” Hinoka would’ve cursed herself for getting so reckless and being too rusty from her lack of field work, but she didn’t have time to think of that! She pulled out a short sword, a wakizashi, and got it to move on its own to attack the wraith, knowing that while it wouldn’t be as effective, it could at least give her some breathing room.

Solis, meanwhile, charged forward with a kick powered by holy energy! A favourite move of her goddess’s, and one quite liked by her ancestors as well.

Mishera leaped in to deliver the DRAGONLOVER SMASH strike from her rear at the surprised wraith! The combined attack broke the creature’s grip on Hinoka! Its arm fell into the ground, as the rest of the body burned in holy agony until it was mere frabite and dust. Yet… the creature gave one last word.

“Winter is inevitable... Your interference will not change it…”

Hinoka sighed in relief, taking out a potion from her jacket and chugged it down. “Phew… that was a shock…”

Tala looked in, “Is everything alright in there?!”

Hinoka nodded, “It is fine now, Tala. Something jumped me, but Mishy and Solis were there to back me up. Go back to lookout.”

Tala sighed, he wished to show her prowess in unarmed combat as well and possibly get a few points with her sensei, but oh well, “Yes, sensei…” she left the room.

Hinoka took a cloth to wipe away some of the blood, “Ugh… thank you, both of you, for that. That said, this troubles me greatly.”

“Yeah…” Mishera frowned. “And I think… that undead creep might be using the professor’s account to talk with that student. Given that the police are likely to ask her questions, and may pop their heads into her email history.. Oh my! They might see that she was the mage who ordered a student to kill the candidate.”

“That won’t do at all,” Solis said, “We’ll have to sort this out to both make sure the student is found out but also that the professor isn’t to blame. But if we tamper with the e-mails, people might find out and cause more suspicion.”

“True!” Mishera thought about what to do! “I could testify alongside the evidence we founded from the remains of this creature that he hijacked the professor’s email account to conspire with a student. Of course, we’ll need the kiddo’s side of this as well, and see if this is a passage of secret messages for him as well.”

“Agreed,” Hinoka said. “Quentin should have done his investigation of the students by now, so he likely knows more about this ‘Sour Sugardrop’ than we do. Let’s rendezvous with your brother and sort out what we have.”
❄️☃️ Antarctica Wonderland ! ☃️❄️

Silverdale's Factbook! Poi Poi Poi Resurrected! Silverdale News Thread
<Maven>Legokiller's an original "G" with mirrors and changelings before it was cool <AnimeQuote> Taiga Aisaka is Gandhi.

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Thu May 28, 2020 8:38 pm

(OoC: Collab post with Silverdale)
The investigation team of ninja met up back at Riley’s estate, where Momo was busy with the last calls as Riley. She sighed as she collapsed on the couch. “That was hard work out there on the campaign trail boys and girls. I suppose a small little drink will be good as a reward. Of course, I ended up with works with donors to small favors with the people. But enough about Riley, what did you guys found?”

“I didn’t find much info on my end,” Brandt sighed, “I was swarmed by some locals and they caused me no end of distraction. That said, it appears it did help with keepin’ a lot of them from noticin’ what happened with Hinoka’s team..”

Quentin had changed back into his butler’s guise, holding a notepad, “I have here a list of every student who was involved in the departments of Prof. Shade and Shiningheart, and a few details about them. I gave particular focus to some that appeared to be more suspicious, including the one my sister informed me about…”

“Yes, that ‘Sour Sugardrop’,” Hinoka said. “Ahem… well, my team spoke with Professor Shiningheart about Homunculi, and then… we were attacked by by sort of wraith as we were checking her office. We managed to defeat it and check the e-mails to find a correspondence between it and the student in question. And since it was using the professor’s e-mail, it puts her in a problematic position, since by all accounts it looks like she was the one to send it instead of that creature!”

“A wraith?” Momoji was very perplexed by that news. “It seems those dark snakes are either bolden, foolish, or both. Still, the student might be another pawn of their games and may drop him to defuse the situation… but I can’t help it but wonder if this drop would mean more destruction in the end.”

“Very possible,” Hinoka sipped on a cup of Dystan Violet Tea poured to her by Quentin; she was trying to avoid taking in too much ale before the meeting was over. “It’ll still be worth checking into this Sour Sugardrop and see just how involved he is, but… this organisation has control over wraiths? They have more resources than I thought. Seems to fit the bill of necromancy.”

“Aye! I imagine some rich and powerful figure is within this group, and may have funded such necromancy.” Momo rerplid.

“The only way to prove that is to investigate Sour Sugardrop, and see his next step.” Mishera replied.

“Quite,” Quentin adjusted his glasses as he flipped his notepad to the part where he wrote about Sour Sugardrop, “Here is the information I have found on him, and we can likely find some more easily enough.”

Sour Sugardrop, as expected, was a student in Gingerbread University who is a talented unicorn in magic and how to change flavors in food into something else in a snap of his imagination! A top student who seems to be a usual pony with good friends, even if as of late, the rumors of his unusual disappearance and reappearance as nothing was out of the ordinary. There were reports from his fellow roommates that he went off to get coffee and took too long during the protest at Moonstone’s rally. The more extreme and bizarre take on him, who no one actually believes, came from the top jock Mr. McGoose at the speed flier team who said ‘he’s a no good shadow talker who pulls awful tricks! Don’t believe his lies!’ McGoose is enraged that he got dunked on by a ‘homunculus’ trick at a camping trip as he tried to bully a pony that looked like that's homunculus pony. Sadly that homunculus disappeared before others came over.

“Hm, he sounds like he was a pretty normal colt until recently,” Hinoka said, “Of course, we of all people know how to make a good cover story, it may be possible it was an act from the start. Or some other factor got him involved in such things. Needless to say, we need to discern the facts from the false rumors. Working on faulty assumptions would lead to disaster.”

“This pony does sound like a solid lead.” Mishera said. “I mean the wraith messaged him, and with that homunculus prank on the gooseling, he likely knows how to carry out these plans. But the motivation seems off. Why would some student just toss away a whole life of chances for this of all things?”

“There could be a number of reasons,” Hinoka remarked, finishing her tea, “He could’ve been coerced into this, whether enticed by the prospect of something or by being forced under this being an external force, this organisation that sent the wraith most likely.”

“For a student to be forced?” Mishera shook her head. “Perhaps enticed by it after he found some grandiose idea to enact on the nation.”

“Or simply hates the mare’s guts, and has the power to do so.” Momoji grumbled. “I mean, it’s possible that that kid might like the idea that some all top guide of wisdom directs people’s lives from even a misstep, and fears that mare aims to cause a war and suffering for many lives. Even if that isn’t the case, many folks in Silverdale look at our history and Equestria that they worship loves that idea to the point of forgetting how democracy goes. So that motivation might not be unfounded… but extreme to be frank.”

“Look, I get it, that Silent Moonstone was kinda hard t’deal with,” Brandt gave his own opinion, “But killin’ her over it? That’s takin’ it too far.”

“Yes, not to mention potentially backfire on them,” Tala added, “Now that she’s dead, that running mate of hers might be getting some more sympathy support as a result of it.”

“True, and Alicia has the lifespan to try again and again for a presidential run.” Momo then scoffed. “Just imagine her in the office? I mean people like her with those big melons like Blanca, but she’ll likely push the boundaries as president to who knows what wannabe fascist moves.”

Momo then stood up. “Still, we can’t ignore the kid for long. We need to investigate him, and perhaps see where he plans to move next.”

“Whaddya mean with that, Momo?” Tala was curious. “I thought Alicia was a normal human…”

“We can set out to look into Sour Sugardrop soon,” Hinoka said, “I think Quentin can try gathering some more info while someone tries to see him personally.”

“Alicia is not a human.” Momo clarified. “She’s an Aasimar. An archon blooded like her great great great great yadda yadda grandfather Skathi.”

“... wait… Skathi? As in, Gwynie’s dad Skathi? As in, my great-grandpa Skathi?” Tala seemed horrified. “Don’t tell me she’s descended from great-grandma Blanca too…”

“Have you looked at her before?” Momo asked.

“I have seen the pictures… oh no…” Tala groaned. “She’s my distant cousin… why did one of my cousins have to get involved in this, and with Gywnie being a running mate for Kaga too…”

“She’s quite active in that corner of the political sphere.” Momo then sighed. “But don’t allow that to trouble you Tala. We do have a job to do. So, who do you want to send out and see Sour sensei?”

“Well, seems here he’s into the more reserved and knowledgeable types,” Hinoka said, “I feel Tala is unsuited to that, so I might take Mishy with me, while Quentin does a bit more of his investigation style. I imagine you yourself are busy with political matters, Momo, so it might be best if I just take Mishy.”

“As Riley, yes.” Momo pointed out. “I have to make my stop in a few industries, towns, and Derpicorn. But Mishera should be able to handle this task.”

“I’ll give Sour the good Dragonlover smarts.” Mishera winked.

“Good,” Hinoka said, “I will give you Brandt, Solis and Tala to aid you in any matters you might need help in. Mishy and Quentin will go with me to see Sour Sugardrop.” She finished off her tea, “Make sure to contact one another if there are any updates.”

“I shall in time.” Momo winked. “I’ll make sure these three help me out on the campaign road in the meantime. Good hunting out there Sensei.”

“And to you as well; the political game is quite the tough one, so be careful out there,” Hinoka said. “And Tala… remember that just because Alicia turned out that way, it doesn’t change the fact that Skathi and Blanca have many descendants who use their charms and skills for good.”

“I suppose,” the wolfgirl seemed to perk up a little. “Still, it annoys me to see someone who looks so much like Blanca believe things like that...”

In the college town nearby Gingerbread University was Sour Sugardrop eco-green condo unit. From the outset, the party can tell that the student’s support from his parents landed him in a nice one-story house with a car parked on the grass stone driveway, and a modern-style sleek brown wood box house with a grassy garden roof. While the large windows were titled black, they can see that from the little hole was a tree that goes into the college feel common room with a plasma tv, and a large fish tank. Of course, what marks it as the legit house was the massive green yet sweet candy theme kitchen.

Hinoka had at this point taken the guise of a human student with bubblegum-pink hair and pigtails, wearing a casual outfit. “Seems he’s got a nice place for a student; guess he’s got nice enough parents to help out.”

Mishera made no changes with her student outfit beyond the change of a square and sleek steel fake glasses. “Aye, and he has a decent car.. If used. Either way, the pony must be here.”

“Yeah, we might as well greet him directly and let Quentin do his thing,” Hinoka said. “Just stick to the plan and remember to play your part well.”

The team approached the front door, and Mishera rang the doorbell. In a small moment in time, the gallop of hooves approached the door and opened the door. They can see a small unicorn stallion, a little frail, but colorful with a blue coat, and pink and white spiky hair. “Ahem, hello there.”

“Hi there! You’re Sour Sugardrop, aren’t you?” Hinoka said with a sweet smile, “I’m a new student at Gingerbread, and people said you’re one of the best in your class. Is that true?”

“Yes, that is true. A good student of magical creation.” Sour smiled for a second before he looked a little disinterested. “Pardon me, but I don’t have a lot of time in my hooves. I’m about to head on out to visit my parents back home.”

“Oh, really? Well, that’s a shame, I was hoping to learn a little more about it, but I guess I’ll have to talk more to the professor,” Hinoka sighed.

Sour gave an unamused look for a second. “There are plenty of books in the library, including a basic tutorial on it. Why do you need me to explain it?”

“Ahem!” Mishera butted in. “There’s this one little problem we have on building a construct like… an ice golem, and my schematics are all wrong! Heck, I got my friend interested in this project… Can you please help us?”

“I’ll give you guys a few minutes.” Sour allowed them to step inside.

“Thanks,” Hinoka said, relieved that she brought Mishera along. She wasn’t too knowledgeable on this sort of thing, so she felt she made the right choice bringing her. She stepped inside, getting a look around.

She can tell that the place was quite clean and simple! Outside of that wood golem pony that watched the group as they entered the room. A good couch next to a tv with game consoles, a book shelf with a few books, a fake fireplace, and a bunch of copies of famous artworks like Raynebow vs a hydra!

Yet Hinoka can’t help it but sense that the pony is lying to her about his destination, and wants to be alone at this time. A little bothered by the work he had to do with a bunch of newcomers. As Sour Sweetdrop looked at the printed paper for the golem, the pony could see some flaws in it.

“The Ice Golem right here needs more weight, and needs to be enlarged. Sure, it can be humanoid looking, but not that small.” Sour commented.

“True, but isn’t it better to have a smaller one?” Mishera asked.

“The golem needs to explode when it breaks apart.” Sour added.

“Why, though?” Hinoka asked. “Shouldn’t we want it to remain intact so we can rebuild it if it breaks?”

“When the golem is no longer stable and breaks apart, the core begins to overload and explode. Not to mention in warmer temperatures, the ice will melt away to become unusable.” Sour explained. “So wood and metal is much better to work with.”

“I see… I know the Jarlsberg Institute in Dyste likes using Mythril, but that doesn’t come cheap here,” Hinoka had read reports on the shield guardians made by the Calberonan institute. “Of course, Ice has it own merits, in colder temperatures it can be better than a metal golem.”

“True, and winter is approaching. It’ll be a lot colder and easier to make ice golems.” Sour then looked confused. “Tell me, why do you have an interest in golems and want to talk to me about it? “

“Well, golems are cool and all, not just the ice ones,” Hinoka said. “And of course there’s other forms of making artificial life, isn’t there?”

“Why yes.” Sour smiled a little. “You could create a form of ‘life’ from a simple homunculus to a golem. It’s a little easier than working with some complex code that no one gets, but with a construct your will can be easily added into it.”

“Oh really?” Hinoka looked impressed, “Have you been able to do anything like that? You seem talented enough for it!”

“Why yes. I made a few candymen to another life-like person once. It is impressive, but it takes a lot out from me.” Sour then trolled over to gather the last of his belongings from the kitchen table. Most of it looked like camping stuff to clothes.

“Oh, are you going camping?” Hinoka said. “I thought you were going home to see your parents…”

“Uh… Well, I need to deliver this to a few friends on the way.” Sour Sweetdrop laughed. “My pals lost a basic bedroll afterall.”

“Really now? Seems like a rather unusual detour if you ask me,” Hinoka said, tilting her head as if to look confused. “But I suppose that’s fair enough, people do sometimes lose things.”

“Yes yes of course! Silly Bobby with losing a few basic items.” Sour seemed to sweat as he placed the saddlebags on himself. “Sorry to break it to you, but I better go. I have a tight schedule up ahead.”

“Aw, that’s a shame, I kinda wanted to talk more,” Hinoka winked. “Maybe we can go for a ride together?”

“Fine fine, you can home with me miss.” Sour wasn’t able to turn down a cute dwarf girl like that! “But you’re responsible with your own clothes, needs, and belongings? Okay?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,” Hinoka gave a wink, before nudging Mishera. “Whaddya think, wanna join us? Or do you think your brother is gonna get all worried about you?”

“Oh please! I do what I wanna do.” Mishera winked. “So let’s not worry about him at all!”

Sour headed out to the car, in a hurry to reach his destination. For a moment of weakness, the group can tell he seems to be very troubled.

Hinoka patted Sour on the back, all the while noticing Quentin sneaking into Sour’s home in order to complete his own part of the plan, “Don’t worry, I’m sure your parents will be happy to see you, Sour!”

“Yes, they will.” Sour then sighed. “I know a lot of chaos happened around the city, and my parents want to make sure I’m safe. I told them over and over again that I’m a-okay.”

As Quentin entered Sour's room, he could see it was plain and simply clean for a student. Everything was well organized, and his computer was still on. Only a set time before it shuts off.

Quentin was quite silent, not wanting to make any noise as he went to the computer and see if he could find anything useful on the unicorn’s computer.

Beyond files of his class notes, projects, games, to other random applications, Quentin went into his email account to find blank senders to the same professor that Hinoka talked to! For the obvious ons, they’re usual student questions to regular discussions. But the one from the wraith was there… and the latest blank one had an interesting title: Pandora’s Box.

Quentin narrowed his eyes at this one, and decided to take a closer look at this e-mail.

“The end of the cycle is near Sour Sweatdrop. Confusion and discord needs guidance to show who would do a wicked act. Come, Dark Horse, to the warehouse in these coordinates to meet C, and our next stage will begin. Your revaluation waits.”

Quentin
took out his phone and took a picture of the e-mail, sending it to Riley’s and Mishera’s phones. Before he checked out anything else, he would take a moment to look quickly if there was anything else relevant.

The Professor and further blank ones seems to be… paradoxical, for both praise for the death of candidate Moonstone, to horror! Like two people in different ones being sent! Yet, there was one line in the replies.

“It’s done. I did it! My folks in the Fairy Alliance won’t have to die to neither Moonstone, nor that Emerald fairy. Thankfully… I think I changed the world for the better.” Sour Sweatdrop wroted.

Quentin could see that perhaps this was Sour’s reasoning for wanting Moonstone dead? This gave him a clear motive at least. He also took a picture for this, before closing the e-mails and doing a quick search of the area in case there was anything else.

Quetin found a folder with all the notes and spell pages for the details for his form of a homunculus, the soulless or ‘ponybot’ from his bookshelf! All the details to create a shell of a pony to do one instruction from house work… to murder and commit sucide afterwards! Further details report on how much life it takes from him, and the need to have a sick day to rest.

--------

It was an hour into the drive before the pony took the car over to a three story warehouse. It was… old and rustic, as if noone used it before in the middle of the woods. He parked the car and turned around to the others. “Sorry, I need to pick up a few things! My parents love to be cheap and found this dump… But I’ll make it quick girls!” The pony left the car and headed into the back entrance of the warehouse.

“Well then, I suppose we should be good girls and wait patiently for him,” Hinoka smiled, “Of course, if we were bad girls, perhaps we might wanna take a little look…”

“Honestly, I wanna be a bad girl and look inside!” Mishera kicked the door open. “Afterall, he’s a bit of a bore.”

Hinoka chuckled, “Well, we all know how much of a bad girl you are, you’ve taken after Marron a little too much,” she left the car and focused her ki in order to turn invisible! Instead of taking the door, she found a broken window on the second floor and climbed the wall in order to enter the building. Too easy for a ninja like herself.

Mishera disappeared as well as she made her way to the first floor. Aas Hinoka snuck in, and moved further within, she could see an opening where dark hooded figures and… demonic creatures lurked about within the empty racks. Sour Sweat approached the head of the group, and bowed.

“I am sorry if I’m late… Lady Cynthia.” The pony said.

The woman unhooded herself to reveal it was the well elegante and grey tiefling woman named Cynthia. “Pair me such a cowardly talk kid. You have done well to dispose of that moron of a pony, and we can move forward as planned. This is a dangerous game kid… but if you wish to become a new archmage in a new world, you have to listen very carefully.”

“Why of course Lady Cynthia.” Sour Sweatdrops made a wide grin. “I’m ready to make sure the nation changes into our vision.”

“Good…” Cynthia took out a big briefcase. “This is Pandora’s Box. When you appear as Black Horse, you’ll cause an uproar… But this must be an anonymous name as there will be many more Black Horses in this ‘revolution.’ It contains many papers, includings those of mine, and many congressional people that can criminalize and show how corrupted they are. That includes those in the Fairy Alliance. We wish for a… controlled chaos. One that eliminates Fluffykins from office.”

Thankfully, no one saw this sneaky dwarf as the demonic guards stalked the warehouse!

“A controlled chaos? Why not allow the flames to consume all?” Sour asked. “Won’t that make more sense to build a new world order from the ashes of the old?”

“The flames of chaos will consume even the members of us with the abilities to manipulate the events into our favor. Without my leadership alongside the others in the circle, it’ll be pointless to even spark that flame. Hence… you must keep this box to yourself and not share its content to others. That includes those two girls you brought from the car.” Cynthia grinned. “It’ll be a shame to allow such pretty faces to die from my monstrous allies.”

“Those nosy girls?” Sour scoffed. “I don’t even know them! Even when they’re nice, I expect they’re up to something else. You can kill them if you desire it.”

Hinoka let out an inaudible sigh; she knew of Cynthia, the former President of Silverdale. She had a good reputation among the people both local and overseas. Apparently even one of her friends has a chance to date her and found her quite charming. But she knew the tiefling had a more sinister side. In spite of this, she knew even she and Mishera didn’t stand much of a chance to fight her directly; instead their best chance to take out Sour and deal with the demonic forces as needed. It wouldn’t be the ninja way to just go for an all-out assault; instead, they would handle this their own way, striking from the shadows.

“It’ll be a waste of life for two young women to die at this age.” Cynthia then gestured to her demons. “I shall spare them… but my minions need a little reward for being well behaved. If you care to introduce those girls to them Sour, then I’ll make sure you’ll go freely.”
“Yes maiden.” Sour bowed as Cynthia turned around to her circle. “We shall be in contact once the next phase of our plan is set into motion. The Roses will become ash once the box is open.”

Cynthia and the dark robes stepped forth towards each other, and once joined their hands, they vanished into thin air by a teleportation spell.

“Well… Sorry about that dwarfie and elfie… But honestly… hmm maybe I should give those cuties a chance.” Sour mused as he began to walk away.

Hinoka knew in spite of Sour’s confidence, he didn’t actually know where the two were. She threw a special shuriken of hers at Sour’s leg, this one focused on impeding movement.

Sour Sweatdrop was unaware of the ninja, and his back leg collapsed when the shuriken striked at the right spot! “Aaah, my leg!” Sour began to cry loudly, and the demons began to mock him! “D-Don’t just stand right there you fiendish bastards! There’s a spy here! Go damn it, kill the spy!”

The demons began to scatter as they’re on the hunt for the ninjas, and began to ravage the warehouse for them! Hinoka can tell they’re at least a dozen in numbers, and most were able to fit through the building for average creatures like humans. Only large and stompy with elephant-like feet, horned, and muscular with a violet leather texture.

Hinoka knew that would keep Sour busy, the Shuriken was one that anchored its target in place. That said, she would not keep her eye off him, lest he try to escape. However, she had another plan for the demons. Her brewing skills were not just for ale, she was also capable of creating potent potions capable of various effects. Taking a smoke bomb, she threw it on the ground to cover her tracks as she poured a liquid onto the floor, creating an adhesive substance on the ground in order to further reduce mobility, making them sitting ducks for attacks by the two ninjas.

The demons, confused by the smoke screen, began to wave and thrash across the warehouse in the hunt down the ninjas! Mishera was swift and easily passed by the mindless rampage as she moved to find a good position to strike! Sour cursed as he waddled up and took out a small scroll and crystal. “Oh I have something in mind for that spy…” He laughed as he used the scroll!

As the scroll lightened up and landed on the ground, lightning crackled as his wooden golem appeared! “Quick, get me out of here!” Sour commanded. The wooden golem then attempted to pick up the mage!

Hinoka knew she couldn’t let that golem take Sour out of the building, but thankfully there was a critical error; the golem being made out of wood meant it was highly flammable. Naturally as a brewmaster she was familiar with the Molotov Cocktail, as she quickly fixed one up to throw at the golem.

The Golem was caught in the blaze, and was now on fire! Sour screamed as his prize creation took a heavy blow. “Damn it! I didn’t…” He looked up and saw where the molotov came from… “Over there! Get the spy!”

The demons began to teleport and swarm over each other to the location where Hinoka is nearby! All the while, Mishera got closer to the panicking wizard!

Hinoka smirked, all eyes were on her now which might’ve panicked a lesser warrior, but she was confident in both her and Mishera’s skills. She pulled out a pair of fans, with a snowflake design on them. It wasn’t just for show, as icy auras emanated from them as she opened them. Tapping her short blade, it revolved around her, able to slice at nearby opponents. She gestured to the demons to some at her, never losing her cool.

The demonic horde of twelve roared as they scramble to reach their teeth and claws to rip and tear the dwarf apart!

Sour meanwhile used a water spell to splash his wood golem, and put out the flame! “All there you go-”

Sour yelped as golden dragoness humanoid appeared from the shadows, and with its fiery breath, vaporized the wooden golem to ash!

“No no no!” Sour smashed his hoof on the ground. “You stupid dragon! You ruined my golem!”

“Wasn’t much of a golem anyways, it pales to the standards of Jarlsberg Thaumsmith or Blake Trinity,” Hinoka said with a smile, as she barely dodged the sloppy attacks of the demons, using her fans to dance around, hitting all foes around her with them. While not as strong individually, her agility allowed her to hit multiple times with her fans.

As the demons were cut away one by one, one of the backrolls of the demons… decided to cast a haste spell for the rest to swarm over! Mishera quickly ignored the panicked wizard unicorn to fly over to help Hinoka! “Don’t worry, there’s some meat in this sexy dragoness too!” She taunted.

Half of the back demons stopped and attempted to swarm Mishera instead! With… Mishera made a swift ninjitsu to unleash a beautiful Auroras wall that caused many to become fascinated with the lovely colors! That was… until Mishera leaped to rip apart the demons with her dragon claws and fangs!

Hinoka took advantage of Mishera’s lovely distraction to allow her to create shadow clones, allowing her to use confusion to go to the strongest-looking of the demons. Recalling what Lux taught her of pressure points, she used her shadow clones in order to appear to be doing a frontal assault, while instead the real her aimed for vital spots on the demon in order to weaken its power.

Hinoka took advantage of the demons as the two attempted to dominate their will against the clones, and others hit it! As the clone poofed into smoke, Hinoka’s strike destroyed the strongest of the demons, and Mishera bashed around the demons as if they're toys! Their claws couldn’t even scratch her scales!

“That’s it!” A ball of flame conjured up from Sour’s head. “I’ll sour up your day spies! Die!” He casted a huge fireball at the swarm! While two resisted the magic with no harm, the rest were all being fried to a crisp, or burned away by the intense heat! Mishera’s golden dragon form resisted the flames, as if she was untouched by the high degrees of the flames itself.

Hinoka, however, was not immune to the flames, and it burned her disguise away! “Darn, I rather liked that one…” she tried not to lose her cool, but that did rather hurt even if she managed to avoid being hit point blank. “Well, seems you’ve thinned the herd there, Sour, guess you might’ve won the little contest of ‘who can kill the most demons’. She pulled out a set of shuriken and rapidly threw them in a flurry at the remaining two!

The two remaining demons collapsed from the shurikens, and Mishera gave the finishing blow from a powerful kick!

“You can’t stop me.” Sour spoke up as he levitated the briefcase. “I have a bigger game to win! One that will bring down a whole nation, and.”

The dragoness vanished in thin air, and caused the stallion to be confused. “Really? Does this have to end like this?”

“Eeyup!” Mishera gave one smothering bash from her rear and knocked out the stallion!

Hinoka drank down a potion to heal some of her wounds, before walking over to Mishera, embracing her and giving her a kiss! “You performed admirably. You made our clan proud.”

Mishera blushed and embraced Hinoka. “Why thank you Hinoka!” She gave a kiss!” The best ninja in the clan won’t be stopped by some loser wizard! Neither can those demons ever.”

“I suppose you take after Marron in more ways than I thought,” Hinoka smiled, “In spite of her… ways, she is an undeniably talented ninja. I can see why you wanted to take after her. Now, what’s say we contact Momo and figure out how to deal with our captive?”

“Okay!” Mishera answered. “I’ll tie up that unicorn, and make sure he can’t cast any magic once he wakes up.”

Hinoka nodded, she dusted off her kimono she had underneath her disguise and pulled out her phone in order to send a quick message to Momo, “Found our friend, has been roped into meeting with us. Dealt with a rowdy bunch and saw his boss.”

“You saw his boss?” Momo replied.

“Great! <3 round up the evidence, and bring Sour over. We can deliver the punk to the police if it is good as gold. Also, who’s the boss?”

“The old pres, the one from before Fluffy’s dad,” Hinoka hoped that she would get the point. “Got Q’s pics? That should help with the investigation.” Hinoka looked over to Mishera, “So the… thing that Cynthia gave him is intact?”

“This?” Mishera held up the briefcase! Despite a few scorch marks from the dragon’s breath, it was intact. “I do have it!”

“Yes, and it seems this student is the killer.” Momo replied. “Good job.”

“Of course, you had the finest in the clan to help!” Hinoka replied. “Whatever that is, It must be dangerous if Cynthia wanted it. I have a feeling we need to make sure it doesn’t get in the wrong hands.”

“There is a risk of handing over that evidence to the police if it is that dangerous. But I can analyze it back at the base to see what’s inside.” Momo replied.

“Sounds good.” Hinoka texted back. “Will meet you there ASAP.”
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Legokiller
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Dark Revelation

Postby Legokiller » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:48 pm

OOC: Collab with Dyste
????
Video Tape

A grand icy cave with great bones of a dragon, frozen in a tomb where its aurora only flows in and out. The location for the untrain was unrecognizable by any mortal as the cave’s went up and down, left and right, through a chasm of darkness with ghostly lights afloat. Yet the winds howled as the spirits flew across the footage, and at the altar was a young dragon elf woman, next to a tall and cold pony with Cynthia.

“Please no!” The elven girl, an ice tribe member with rapunzel teal hair and roseberry eyes, pleaded with the pony. At this point, an old man, hidden in a dark robe, but his fingers were skeletal as an old lich, walked up to Cynthia.

“I thank you for this suitable vessel Cynthia. I know this… was a long process, but I worked a century and saw what happened to Garyx.” He pointed at his geiger counter that clicked wildly at the bones themselves. “A clever trick, but it won’t twice.”

“Yes, and I intend for my minions to keep it that way.” Cynthia patted the scared girl. “Don’t be a shy young one, it’ll be over soon. You’ll help me build a new world, but the slate must be clean.”

“Like this?!” The unnamed elf shook her head. “To become a god, you’re willing to sacrifice millions of souls for you to… harvest us!?”

“Exactly.” Cynthia grinned. “That is the goal, and once I am a new deity, Garyx will fall before me.”

“Such hubris!” She roared as the cultist of Garyx began to perform the ritual. “I’ll… I kill you and everything you stand for! Your nation, your family, and your legacy! If I… must, I’ll rip and tear it until it is done!”

“Yes.” The cultist laughed. “Accept your anger, the rage, and carve the power of destruction! Allow them to flow within you!”

The footage began to become unwatchable as pixels broke and became shaky as the dragon elf screamed as the light of winter, red energies of hate, and the spirit of Garyx returned. As the Camera collapsed, the bones within the frozen tomb began to ignite as its flesh began to grow and reanimate!

At the ending of the video, the once elven woman broke out of her restraint and saw that Cythnia escaped from view. “Thanatos.” An arctic aura surrounded the woman. “I thank you for my resurrection. Your… hate and her hate is now my purpose for vengeance.”

“Good.” Thanatos laughed. “A new era of technology has passed. A stronger nation, but more easier to corrupt than ever! Even the fool Cynthia cannot control the likes of you.”

“Allow her threats and demands to control the winds of chaos to come. I’ll show her, and my foolish sisters what will come.” The elf made a sinister look as she turned around to her true form. The footage ended.

As the video ended, Momoji looked at the bunker and the whole team resided and back at Hinoka. “Holy Crap. Conspiracy, acts of terriorism, assassination, and resurrection of a deity.” Momoji tcked. “That’ll land her straight into the Ice Cube in the deepest and coldest cell where she’ll be locked out of the use of her magic. And that was one solid evidence out of many from this suitcase.”

Brandt patted his head, looking concerned, “Um, ain’t that the former pres of Silverdale? The one that helped with connecting Dyste back to the world after our isolation?”

Tala scoffed, “She was only part of it, my great-great granny Sharena played a big role too. But I hear she’s a big deal in Silverdale.”

“That indeed is Former President Cynthia Luvgood. Exited office in the beginning of the 90s and stayed low from the public eye beyond PR.” Momoji then narrowed her eyes. “And she’s the sacred cow and dreadful woman of the Roses and others. If those files are correct then parts of her party will look away to avoid political consequences, and I suppose death… For a good reason to avoid her demonic friends from killing them.”

She took out the document and pictures on Silent Moonstone. “And this box would expose the party and Cynthia for her misdeeds… and make us a target for her minions.”

“It would indeed,” Hinoka said, “And that could spell disaster for not just us, but also Silverdale if we’re not careful. If I recall correctly, Cynthia and Fluffykins belong to the same party, yes? As did Fluffykins’ father. If I recall, there was a scandal of some sort during his time in office… is it possible it was actually Cynthia’s doing?”

“There’s a little chance that her opposition at the end of her days and people noticing her dirty deeds became louder. Sure that’s dressed away by nostalgia, but there was a time that Cynthia pardoned criminals that were controversial, to the allowance of a more loosen magical research of the dark arts, planar research, loosen rights for employees, and eliminations of seemingly innocent people. Not to mention a few strict crime laws that were stripped away on how brutal they were after being unpopular in Snugglekin’s administration. There is far more than I was born that happened, and perhaps she thought the next in line will be the scapegoat for the continuation of her policies and failures. So a set up, sure.” Momoji replied.

“So on the one hand, Fluffykins would have to deal with the fact that her own party was engaged in criminal activities, but also that her father was used as a patsy for Cynthia’s crimes,” Solis growled in annoyance. “So I guess the question really comes down to what we do with this info now that we have it.”

“We can’t stay low forever.” Momoji reminded the group. “Now that the box is open with this little secret in our hands, we won’t have long before the first of Cynthia’s hitmen to come after us. This leaves us with a few options. For A, we can expose this to the public eye and allow the justice system to investigate the legitality of these claims. This may turn the public against Cynthia of course, but we can’t really be sure if anything unfortunate may happen. B, we can pull off a superhero shtick and take on Cynthia herself with some help, but that’s just vigilante work with this box as evidence. C, we can keep it a secret and give this to Dyste or the intelligence agency.”

“I mean, we’re simply going to keep this a secret?” Mishera crossed her arms. “That’s stupid. We have a mad former president who misused the public’s love, and this is how she wanted to repay them? I imagine Cynthia is like ‘oh I can use Garyx to murder of the hatful stupid people, and become some god.’ This is a danger for Silverdale and the region. We can’t put that evidence away because of some unforeseen chaos. That’s cowardly.”

“I agree we can’t just keep this a secret,” Hinoka said, “But we have to be smart about this as well. If we just throw it out there, Cynthia should just act as if this is just false slander on her. But hiding it would mean that she gets away with her crimes, which I also cannot abide by.”

“So what do you propose, sensei?” Momo asked.

“I’m not saying we can’t release the information, we just have to have a good way to go about it. Going after Cynthia directly will be risky, but if we manage to get this information out we can get aid and shatter her reputation. Whatever way we go, I have to admit that this will be dangerous, and we will be targeted by her demons. So if any of you have second thoughts about continuing this mission, please say it now.”

“Sensei, I've been bashing a bunch of naughty demons many times as of late.” Mishera crossed her arms. “Besides, this will be important for not only my job but the safety of many people. So I won’t back away.”

“I feel the same as my sister,” Quentin added. “I shall be ready for any problem, as any good butler would be.”

“I ain’t goin’ anywhere,” Brandt scoffed. “These bastards think they can mess with the lives of people and get away with it? Not on my watch.”

“I wanna help how I can, like Marron would,” Solis remarked. “I won’t take any catnaps until this is dealt with.”

“I really wish we could deal with Alicia,” Tala sighed, “And Gywnie left the race, so I can’t support her, but… ah, I can’t leave this half-done.”

“Alright, then,” Hinoka sipped her tea, “In that case, I suppose we have demon hunting to do. Momo, I will trust you with this evidence and that you know the best way to expose it to the public when need be?”

“Why of course.” Momo nodded. “I’ll make sure the evidence won’t cause more chaos.”

“Very well, then.” Hinoka looked to her clan. “We need to find the best way to eliminate the demons before they do the same to us, or to innocent lives.”

“If it is Cynthia, then the obvious is to eliminate the master summoner who draws them here.” Momo said. “Sadly, she’s like the most powerful archmages in Silverdale. Yet, I know there is another who can surpass Cynthia’s power.”

“Oh really?” Hinoka said. “And who, pray tell, might that be?”

“One of the founding mothers of the republic: Nico.” Momo answered. “Sure there is Archmage Alanya, but she’s an enchantress and would only want to get into Cynthia’s pants. Nico on the other hand is the daughter of Airus, and a top magical student from Aurora Academy. I believe she’ll hit Cynthia’s reputation hard and can handle anything that is thrown at her.”

“Wow, this Alanya sounds like quite the lady,” Tala joked, “Honestly reminds me a little too much of Auntie Marron. She’d also probably want that…”

Hinoka rolled her eyes, knowing it to be all too true. “Okay, then, this ‘Nico’... how would we get in contact with her?”

“I say we knock at her door at her residence in the wilderness. Sadly that girl is a hermit crab and goes out to get some food now and then.” Momo said.

“Wilderness, huh?” Brandt said. “Ain’t that more a druid kinda thing?”

“Not always,” Solis said. “Lots of types of people live out there, not just the obvious nature types. Shana told me she has a cabin out there for when she visits her family here.”

“Hm, might be worth keeping in mind,” Hinoka said. “And if need be, we can get help from a local druid if we need help tracking Nico down.”

“The ‘Wilderness’ is a term used by the local Silverdaleans as low dense to uninhabitable patches of forests in the mainland. Usually marketed in the southern west corner of the mainland where miles on end heavy dense taiga forests with many monsters and creatures roam, but it goes for other states as well like Chen and forested parks. There are great forest settlements to tree canopy towns, like that in Peppermitta and Forest Penguin Colony, to the college town for Aurora Academy. My best pinpoint of Nico is at the Silver Mountains where her cabin lies within the Wilderness.”

“Okay, so all we gotta do is find her, right?” Tala said. “Seems easy enough. Which means it probably isn’t.”

“That’s the spirit!” Mishra laughed. “But, I reckon with our skills and I being a dragon, we can find her with no problem! A hermit cannot escape my dragon eyes.”

“Don’t be too complacent,” Hinoka said, “She most likely has made means of tracking her harder with her magic. Of course, we can use Ki to help with countering that; Lux taught me a few tricks.”

Momo nodded. “I’ll inform you of any further development Hinoka. As of now, I better get back on the campaign trail and contact some folks about this box. I’ll make sure that something positive will come out of it.”

“Just please be safe, Momo,” Hinoka said, “And if you need any help, well, you know how to contact us.”

“Of course Sensei.” Momo then stood up. “I can give you some plane tickets or whatever you need to get you closer to Nico. Now, I better hide a bunch of my things here before any snoopers come by. We don’t have much time until they arrive.”

“Looks like my skills shall come in handy,” Quentin adjusted his glasses, “A butler is quite the asset in matters like this.”

“I’ll take Brandt, Mishy, and Solis with me,” Hinoka said, “Quentin and Tala I’ll let stay with you for now,” Hinoka took a glare at Tala, “Behave for her.” The wolfgirl rolled her eyes. “Alright, let’s get going to the Wilderness now.”
❄️☃️ Antarctica Wonderland ! ☃️❄️

Silverdale's Factbook! Poi Poi Poi Resurrected! Silverdale News Thread
<Maven>Legokiller's an original "G" with mirrors and changelings before it was cool <AnimeQuote> Taiga Aisaka is Gandhi.

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:23 am

(OoC: Co-written with Legokiller)

The squad of ninja arrived a day later into the Wilderness of Glacier Mane. Peaks of snow covered the mountain tops glimmer in the late autumn’s sunshine. A breathtaking view for a small window. As the stretch of grand pine trees and other flora darted the landscape, its valleys, and hills. The search may last for days, and it was clear that the glaciers within the mountains have no dragon elves beyond the wandering mountain goats and ice dragons. In this remote corner of Silverdale, their true task is at hand.

“Wow, this place looks so lovely!” Solis said, basking in the sun, “I can see why some people might want to live around here!”

“Kinda reminds me of th’forests and mountains in Northern Dyste,” Brandt remarked, “Druid country, that, and I hear it’s the same sorta deal in the Wilderness.”

“While it might be breathtaking, remember that there is still danger on our journey,” Hinoka said to the others. “It is important to be cautious as we traverse this land.”

“Agreed!” Mishera nodded. “I reckon we can handle some owlbears! But there are other creatures out there. Still, I say we try to detect some magic, or signs of footprints out here.”

“If ya got any water that needs crossin’, I’m your guy,” Brandt said with a grin, “And of course I can fight with the best of ‘em. … but detectin’ magic, not really my thing. I can help with trackin’, though.”

“I can try,” Solis said, having a bit of divine magic training, “I’ll need a chance to concentrate and gain the right focus, but it should give us some ideas.”

As Solis used her divine training to read the auras across the land, she can sense a fade, but strong presence from one of the trees. The trail that led to it came to an seemingly ordinary pine tree with a warped tree trunk with a heart symbol nearby a deep stream of water. As if the tree was magical itself.

“Ah, I think I sense something!” Solis pointed to the tree in question. “That tree seems to have some traces of magical power on it.”

“Hm, it does appear to be an unusual one,” Hinoka remarked, “Let’s check it out.”

Mishera gave a good look at the tree, and quickly noted its purpose! “Oh of course! It’s a special Portal Tree! Or Portal Pine. Mishera, my name sake ahem, uses these to tree stride across her forest. Now in Silverdale, there is a network of these known by the druids and other folks if they say the right password. Although some networks are limited than others.”

“Ah, right, I think I saw Cece’s sister usin’ that sorta magic before,” Brandt said. “Though how are we supposed t’know the password?”

The answer came clear when the group studied the tree: heartwood.

“Heh, seems easy enough,” Hinoka touched the tree, “Heartwood!”

The heart symbol twisted and morphed into a portal-like structure! In it, they can see through the other side of the pair tree at a hill that overlooks a small log cabin in the forest.

“Seems we might’ve found our mark... Alright, everyone,” Hinoka said to the others, “Ready?”

“Totally!” Solis said, stepping through.

“It’s what we came here t’do,” Brandt did, following her.

On the other side of the portal, the group moved at least a mile away to their destination. But, they’re not out of the woods just yet. A cabin seemed blurry as there was another cabin another mile away, to one at the south! The worst part… a fog began to creep in.

“Great.” Mishera facepalmed. “Magic nonsense. I guess that given Nico is a hermit and a powerful mage, that should be expected.”

“Of course it’s not that easy,” Hinoka didn’t expect Nico to be that easy to find, “But if she expects to beat a ninja in deception and illusion, that is a fool’s errand. Surely one of the cabins is real, just like when we make shadow copies. It’s only a matter of finding out which one.”

“Good idea!” Mishera made special ninjitsu to mimic the shadows, and then poofed! Four more Mishera appeared beside her! “Now let’s go!”

The first one rushed into the north into the fog! In a matter of seconds, a crack of lightning struck from the shroud and poofed the first shadow clone! The others seemingly faired better in their search!

Solis used her own powers to illuminate a way around the area, hoping to keep the fog away as much as she could, while Brandt checked the area for any signs of tracks or the like. Hinoka herself took to the trees as she hopped from branch to branch, checking out the cabins.

The first three cabins were mere fakes! Just smoke when Honika touched it. For all her trouble is to avoid and DODGE swinging log traps, to magic spells! Just barely! Yet there were two more houses left. One at the northeast, and one at the southeast.

“Hey, I think the northeast cabin is promising.” Mishera said.

“Gotcha!” Hinoka said. “I’ll take a brief swing around the southeast just in case, but I’ll be able to catch up on the trees swiftly. Brandt, Solis, follow Mishera!” The two others dashed towards the elf to join her.

As Mishera ninja ran towards the northeast, and evaded as many booby traps as possible, Hinoka’s trip was different. As she exited out of the patch of woods into the foggy log cabin of the southeast, the environment slowly transformed into a familiar site. Her ninja village from memory, and perhaps a mirage of her dreams. As she stepped foot, she noticed a figure of Marron in the log cabin: silent and still.

“Huh?” Hinoka could tell something was a bit strange, but… “Marron, what are you doing here? This isn’t Dyste… is it?”

‘Marron’ didn’t answer. Only stood in the shadows as she began to contour and crack bones! The dwarf knew from memory that such transformation was less horrific becoming a dragon. This ‘Marron’ roared as she grew in size and busted out of the log cabin! A monstrous, seemingly pale eand undead-like, with her famous traits warped, a massively huge humanoid dragon broke through the rotten cabin.

Hinoka jumped back, holding her fans in a defensive position, “Of course, another trap I see…” she did wonder how they know how to design the illusion for the village and Marron, but that’d have to wait. “Well, I can’t exactly wait around here, but I can’t let you rampage free either.” She created shadow clones of herself, positioned to defend themselves if needed.

The phantasmal ‘Marron’ rose up its head as it brought forth fire through its veins, then dropped to breath fire at Hinoka! The jet of flames passed by Hinoka and unharmed the dwarf as she was aware the whole thing was a trick, and didn’t believe in it! As such, the magic began to fade away as there is no ‘undead Marron’, and there is no ninja village here. As the fog collapsed, she found herself in the ruins of a decayed log cabin with nothing noteworthy other than a colony of carpenter ants within its woods.

“Ugh, really,” Hinoka sighed in annoyance, “Can’t believe I fell for that… I’m supposed to be the head of the clan.” Getting her bearings, she made her way to the northeast where the others went.

The last and final sight up the northeast was a small log cabin, well-kept, with a glassy igloo greenhouse, and a large tool shed. Unlike the rest, there were signs of activity from its owner who stacked up much wood for winter, and kept the front garden of white daisies and lilies. A small peak of an elf girl looked through the curtain windows and then hid away as Mishera in her dragon form fought against a group of summoned ice giants in the forest! A quick glance at that shows that she and the others might be handling it well.

Brandt was taking the brunt of the attacks, shielding the others when it seemed to be a blow! However, due to his race’s healing factor, he could recover from attacks provided he got a chance to breathe. He bit down on one of the ice giants, allowing Solis to give it a kick worthy of her goddess!

Hinoka leaped across the branches, hoping to get closer. She used her vanishing move to blend into the surroundings, looking for an opportune chance to strike as she moved closer.

She can see two of the three Ice Giants in melee range against Brandt, Solis, and Mishera! One was locked against the equally sized Mishera as she grappled it down onto the ground and smothered the giant with her famous attack move! Brandt took another hit as the third giant tossed large boulders at him, and unaware of Hinoka’s presence.

Hinoka powered her fans with Ki energy and struck with a powerful sneak attack at the third giant!

“Sensei?!” Brandt said, looking rather bruised and beaten. “Good thing you’re here…”

“Don’t worry about me, help out Mishera!” Hinoka commanded!

“I’ll do it!” Solis did a flip while Brandt engaged in battle with the one in front of them, leaping at the one trying to smother her best friend, throwing a flurry of light-powered Shuriken at it!

The giants quickly fell as Hinoka sliced the head of the third giant, and the shuriken finished the giant locked with Mishera. Mishera quickly used her dragon claws to rip apart the last giant’s legs off! All three of the giant's bodies disappeared into thin veil dusty energy.

Hinoka dusted herself off, “Are you all okay?”

“I’m fine, Brandt took a lot of the blows for me!” Solis said, “I didn’t really get hit at all.”

“Heh, don’t worry ‘bout it,” Brandt looked clearly the most damaged of the bunch, “Part of my whole thing is takin’ hits so you don’t hafta. I’ll have t’take a rest after this, but I’ll be fine in a few minutes.”

Hinoka smiled, and gave Mishera a hug, “You are looking alright too, big girl… I am glad to see you all safe. My apologies for taking a while, I had to look at all angles. Now, shall we enter?”

“Oh they’ only scratch my scales sweetie.” Mishera picked up and smothered the dwarf in her dragon hug! “But sure, let’s go inside!”

Hinoka blushed, “Well, don’t be assured we’re in the clear just yet. There could still be traps around.”

“Well, we could just try knocking,” Solis suggested. “We want her to side with us, trying to break in doesn’t seem nice at all.”

“Ya do what ya want, Solis,” Brandt lied down on his side, “If ya wanna try, I won’t stop ya.”

The catgirl decided to take the simplest approach and went towards the door to knock on it!

When the front door opened, she was greeted by an angry dragon head! Snow white, yet diamond like in scales and feathers, to bluish eyes of the heavens, its fangs and teeth showed as it glared right at the catgirl! A hiss came from its growl, and a puff of its light breath brushed against the catgirl!

“Eep!” Solis jumped back a bit, but noticed that it didn’t attack right away. “O-oh… um, sorry about the intrusion, but… um…”

Hinoka sighed as she ended her little snuggle with her own dragon to come and see this one, “You are Nico, correct? My apologies, but we need to talk to you. May we please come in?”

“Drop your weapons and any spell casting items in there.” The dragon pointed at the side at a secure hidden chest. “Only then you can see Nico.”

“Fair enough,” Hinoka put her fans, blades, and shuriken in the chest, and Solis put in her weapons too. Of course, all of them were well-trained in unarmed combat, so they didn’t need to have their weapons in order to fight, but of course they weren’t here looking for one.

Brandt didn’t put anything in, “I don’t got anythin’ of the like with me, where would I put it anyways, my swimtrunks?”

Mishera simply tossed her back up shurikens into the chest and looked at the dragon. The dragon was not interested in the semantics of what Brandt’s attire can hold, and shut the door. A massive poof sound can be heard behind the door, and seconds after that event the door slowly creaked open. A white and goldene outline cloaked woman who hid her elegante naval blue dress of the divine looked at the group. They can see pink hair bangs from the otherwise blue eye dragon elf who looked very dorky, yet well rounded in a firm shape.

“W-what do you want with me?” She asked as she opened the door. “I… I can give you some cookies or herb tea.”

Hinoka gave a smile to the pink-haired elf, “Those would be lovely, thank you. Can we come sit down and rest? We have come a long way, and my friend here got injured.”

“S-Sorry about that.” Nico opened the door for the others to come in. “Those traps were only to ward off trespassers to my home.”

Inside the cabin, the main common arena had a small kitchen at the left corner, a fireplace at the middle, sofas to treat at the button end, and a small table for four at the middle. The place itself was entirely retro furniture and wares from 40s Silverdale, and a lack of any modern equipment. That was clearly marked with the old antique like rifle on top of the fireplace, and many black and white pictures of Nico and friends that hangs around the walls. A closer examination to one of them had her pink hair in some cheesy ad-like hairstyle!

However, the ninjas can tell that the tea point and oven was at work by magical means of unseen servants, and a broom sweeping the dirt on its own! At the left was a hallway that goes to a closet, Nico’s magical office and worship, and her bedroom. Now and then, a glassy golem in the shape of Nico herself in a maid outfit walked into the building after maintaining the garden and greenhouse. It brought a batch of cookies and tea to the table.

The dragon elf gestured her hand for a kitchen cabinet to open from a sparkly pink aura, and a crystal wand took flight to land on her hand. “Now who is seriously hurt?”

“I think I’m the only one who got really hurt,” Brandt said, “But it’s not as big a deal as ya might think…” as he was speaking, wounds of his were closing and bruises disappeared; the Sarkesh’s healing was kicking in. “I won’t say no, but I think some of the others might’ve been.”

Hinoka sat at the table and gestured for Mishera to cuddle with her, taking a few cookies to eat, “I am fine, but Mishy here got a few scratches. Normally I’d make some special ale to heal her up, but I think traditional healing is fine.”

“It’s not THAT bad.” Mishera huffed as she cuddled up with Hinoka. “See.” She showed a small bruise mark from an impact of the giant’s weapon, and another mark from being hit with a log. “Just little scratches.”

Nico closed her eyes and moved over to tap Mishera’s injuries. A massive surge of light burned at her wounds as they quickly disappeared as nothing had happened.

“You folks have to worry so much.” Mishera teased.

“It-s my apology from such harm that my traps caused.” Nico admitted.

“Aw, the big strong dragon wants to show how tough she is,” Solis teased Mishera, taking some tea for herself. “Trying to do everything herself…”

“Well, as your Sensei, it is my job to look after my subordinates,” Hinoka said, sharing some cookies with the dragon elf. “Well, thankfully my team is skilled enough to stand all of that. The one I don’t get is how you managed to make an illusion of my home and my old partner.”

“The phantasmal trap illusion?” Nico grimaced. “Well, it’s nature is to sense what the person is familiar with at home and what they care for dearly to scare them away. I… I know it's awful to design it, but it’s merely to ward people away or subdue them. When that happens, the person would find themselves awake in a safe place nearby civilization.”

“Well, I’m glad Mishera and Solis didn’t have to see that,” Hinoka remarked, “The person I saw in that, Marron, is their idol and would’ve been quite mean for them.”

“Aw, I could handle it,” Solis sat down on Mishera’s other side, “Of course I could tell if it was the real her, she probably would’ve been less active,” she teased.

“So I can see that you want to make sure that people aren’t actually hurt for real, but what about the frost giants?” Hinoka asked. “Or the traps in the fake cabins?”

“I guess I have to explain a few wizardry tricks now.” Nico tcked in annoyance. “W-Well… The fake cabins were a misdirection to ward off people who wish to find me. The frost giants are a mere summoning monster trap, and would disappear in a few minutes.”

“Very well, fair enough,” Hinoka took some tea; of course she preferred ale, being a dwarf, but she didn’t mind tea every once in a while. “So I can confirm that you have no malicious intent with these traps. That is good, because… well, I presume you know who Cynthia Luvgood is?”

Nico gave a curious eye on the dwarf as she sat down on the table and chewed down on a chocolate chip cookie. “Cynthia Luvgood? I… do yes. As both as a president, and when she was a poor child in the civil war.”

“As a child, you say?” Hinoka said. “I have heard conflicting reports on her heritage and age, and a friend of mine met her personally a short while ago. What do you know of her beyond the fact that she was the former president?”

“I knew her when she was a young child forced to become a soldier in the war, and I took her away from a cruel general. It was… awful, but I knew she was both bright and well… ambitious. I suppose I knew that she was a child destined to follow her next curse path of cranination but… There’s a lot to explain.” Nico frowned as she couldn’t find the correct words to explain everything. “Before I left after my great shame, I did attempt to inspire her to become something better and kind. I suppose my teachings worked before I left when I became a bad example… But her humanity, demonic nature, and curse to follow the same mistakes in past lives may have torn her in a path to escape and control it. I know that as of my few meetings years later, I can tell she mastered much demonology to become a skilled statesman by using her story in the past to win sympathy.”

Nico then sighed. “Of course, I know this as when I was a child, I destroyed a clear as crystal evil past life of hers.”

“Oooh, so basically she had different lives she led?” Solis said.

“That’s what I heard,” Hinoka said. “I can sympathise with your desire to help her out. A member of our own clan has similar ties to powerful demonic forces, but thanks to her loving upbringing, Cece grew up to be a caring, loving person… with her own quirks, but they’re part of her charm. But sadly it doesn’t seem to be the same for Cynthia; in spite of her good publicity she still fell to the sort of control she wanted back then too.”

“Uh, well, all people have past reincarnations at some level form the earth. For Cynthia’s case, she is ‘reborn’ as her same ego and slowly relearns her past mistakes by her dark mother, albeit slowly. But it’s not all that ‘awesome’... But more of a curse as her mother places her desires on Cynthia, and I can tell she wants to break out. This makes her cruel as each time she returns, she’ll discard the life of mortals around for her goals. Perhaps not even apologize for it or her policies. I can see it from her eyes when we last met. She was… rather shameful towards me when I took lives.” Nico said.

“Hm, so it appears that if Cynthia was able to get away from her mother, she might be able to be better,” Solis said, “But either we have to stop what she’s doing now, messing with forces even beyond her control.”

“But it appears that you, too, have your own regrets,” Hinoka said to Nico. “I suppose this is why you have isolated yourself here?”

“P-Please don’t get the wrong idea.” Nico shook her head. “My failure to teach Cynthia was one reason. The main is my… dark and terrible acts I did in the Civil War to build a new republic… I wasn’t able to bear it after a few years in office, and a founding mother.. So I left.” Nico then froze in place and looked down at her tea cup tensely. “T-that’s all I shall speak about it.”

“Look, it’s okay…” Hinoka said. “I’m not going to judge you for your actions in the past. My duty in life is to protect Dyste and the Dragon Sea Alliance in the here and now.” She stopped for a moment as Brandt, finally having fully healed from his injuries, sat down on one of the couches and ate a bunch of cookies. “I imagine you aren’t informed of what has been happening recently in Silverdale, but there has been an election going on, and we have been investigating forces at play that has been meddling within the election, such as assassinating one of the candidates and launching attacks on others. I believe… no, I know that Cynthia is part of this group.”

“Aye.” Mishera then quirked up. “She doesn’t have a tv or a computer it seems! So she’s living under a rock.”

“I don’t need such distractions.” Nico spoke up. “I merely want a simple life for my studies and… well books. But… I see.” Nico's eyes looked up at Hinoka. “What do you believe the reasoning is behind this undermining attempt for… Well the democracy that I and the rest of the founders brought to build up?”

“I…” Hinoka was no politician, but she did understand desires, “It is possible that she is planning to cause unrest within the populace. That said… she mentioned when Mishera and I saw her that she was planning ‘controlled chaos’ rather than outright destroying the system entirely.”

“Controlled chaos?” Nico raised an eyebrow. “T-that’s… incredibly difficult. Chaos is unpredictable, and may work against her. I-If anything… Given you’re in the case against her… She is endangering herself to... “ Nico paused and looked at the window. “M-May try to eliminate you. I think… Oh no, one of the alarms rang off.”

“Oh great.” Mishera sighed. “Trespassers. It might be Cythnia’s hitmen coming after us.”

“Well, good thing we seem to be mostly fine,” Hinoka said. “Whatever these are, I have faith in your abilities to stop it.”

“Aw, and I just healed up too,” Brandt sighed.

“I-I can lend my Golem and summon aid…” Nico then shifted away. “But… Please use my traps for your advantage.”

“Understood,” Hinoka said. “Remember all your training, everyone. She vanished in a puff of smoke.

“So we can take our weapons back, right?” Solis went for the chest to reclaim her gear. “Anyways, I’ll show them all the power and skill of a Sunheart!”

“Why yes.” Nico nodded. “ Just keep the fighting away from the house. I’ll contact you if need be.”

“Right, right, ya got it,” Brandt said, grumbling a bit but nevertheless heading out to join the others.

Nico pointed to the south where the hitmen triggered the alarm. The ninjas can hear the panic of flocks of birds as traps were triggered at random. The enemy were just as confused and they haven’t found the cabin yet. But the fog of the forest is thick, and difficult to navigate.

Hinoka knew that if they could avoid being confused by the fog, they could use it to their advantage, much like using smoke bombs. Sending out shadow clones, she herself remained invisible, hoping to catch a glimpse of where her clones were attacked. Solis, on the other hand, took a different approach, throwing a small orb of light to illuminate a portion of the area, hoping to get their foes’ attention. Brandt stuck to the fog and lay close to the ground, hoping to not be spotted as he traversed the area.

In a small clearing of the woods was a dusty dark smoke cloud of a triggered fireball. As she approached the scorched earth, there were a few knocked out tieflings. Yet there was one creature that towered over the tieflings as it gave a sickly roar! The leader and a juggernaut! Honika’s goliath: a four legged dinosaur like being with green spikes, and a humanoid like torso with a VERY Draconid head. Yet there was something off about this 15 feet demon, as it looked like the same criminal mastermind of a Green Draconid she stopped years ago! His plated armor showed signs of a traiturious royal guard who did inhumane acts before his death.

“Come on out little ninja!” He cried out. “I know you’re here!”

Hinoka narrowed her eyes; so this was what sort of trickery they planned to use on her, a foe from her past brought back as a demon. She couldn’t let this stand, but she had a plan; she was skilled at throwing her voice for tricks like this.

“Hey, you green slug, I’m here!” One of the clones appears to say as they dived between the trees! “I’m over here!”

“Don’t listen to her,” another one jumped between the branches, “I’m right here, dummy!”

“Are you serious?” The third one ‘said’, rushing around the smoke, “I’m here! Can’t you tell I’m the real one!?”

“No, no, no, you’re all wrong!” The fourth one darted in and out of the fog. “I’m here! Don’t believe the others’ lies!”

“Oh, you think you’re so clever? The reborn Emerald the Destroyer will end you here!” The demon had a sickly roare of a chat and slammed his forefeet on the ground! The earth began to quake as a fissure thrust forward to the third one! Entire trees shook, with branches fell down, and an unlucky hare fell into the fissure! It took a couple of seconds before the fissure closed with any poor creature trapped under the earth!

One of Hinoka’s copies fell into the fissure and dissipated; fortunately, the real her was nowhere near such things, instead having made her way across the top of one of the trees. However, when Emerald the Destroyer shook the ground, she had to hold onto it for dear life so that she didn’t fall off! Eventually she lost her grip and fell towards the demon. But she wasn’t one to simply leave things hanging; she instead brandished her blade in order to stab the demon on her way down!

Emerald the Destroyer roared in pain from the dwarf’s stab! Even when its scales lessen the impact, the creature cried out in anger. “There you are!” The demon used its tail to slap Hinoka right at her head!

Hinoka tried to block with her fan in her off hand, but the force was too strong, being knocked back and nearly falling off the back of the demon, before taking some shuriken and stabbing them into Emerald the Destroyer to use as an anchor. “Nice to you to notice me finally. I suppose I’ll have to make more of an impression on you…” taking more shuriken, she launched a barrage at the demon’s face!

The shurikens anchor themselves in the demonic dino-draconid, but don't pierce through its hard scales to hurt him! “Oh is that supposed to hurt!” Emerald mocked. “I have become more powerful in the afterlife! Thanks to Cynthia who give me this chance to enact my revenge, I’ll destroy you here and now!”

The demonic began to breath out his intensively powerful dragon breath! A gassy green flame screamed with thousands of howling souls headed right towards Hinoka’s direction.

Hinoka did a flip, the breath managing to hit her but only by a small amount; she did not hope anytime soon to get that again, especially not fully. “Oh, those weren’t meant to hurt, silly; they are meant to impede your movement so you’re an even easier target than you were before.” She held up her blade, causing it to float around her, slashing at Emerald as she ran around, brandishing her fans and attacking him at lesser-armored points of his body.

While her fans cut the monster under its belly and joints, it only did slices of little bits of damage. The demon attempted to stab the dwarf with its unholy poleaxe! As he tried, he left himself exposed as a large golden dragon lady surprised the monster and struck at his underbelly! The beast roared as she ripped chucks off from him.

From the demon’s sides, Brandt and Solis appeared, the Sarkesh biting down on his leg and Solis bashed against him! While not as effective on their own right, these attacks gave Hinoka the chance to strike back herself with her fans at his head!

“Argh!” The weakened demon backed up a little. “Stupid ninjas!” His hand began to glow a magical aura as Solis was caught in his telekinetic grab. In a violent push, Solis was launched back into the forest!

“ACK!” Solis tries to use her tail to grab onto a branch, but it couldn’t hold her as she was flung back.

“Why you-” Brandt growled, brandishing his claws and ripping and tearing into the demon; normally he would add an electric effect on his attacks, but he knew enough that it wouldn’t be effective here, he had to rely on his own strength.

Hinoka used her Ki to turn invisible once more, finding the right spot as Mishera and Brandt held him back. She sent her hovering blade to attack one spot on his neck while she took her fans to strike at the other side!

As the demon brawled against the massive attacks against Mishera and Brandt, it was Hinoka’s final blow that defeated the demon for good! A red mist sprayed as the demon roared and collapsed onto the ground. “No… My new found power. My strength! How could I lose to such weaklings.”

Hinoka looked over Emerald the ‘Destroyer’ with disgust, “You were wrapped up far too much in strength alone when there is more to life than that. You tried to use your strength to extort valuables and tribute from the people you were sworn to protect, and killed the ones that failed or tried to resist. For a servant of Dyste, doing that to the people was unforgivable. For the honor of Dyste, I had to bring you to justice and take you out personally.”

“It serves you right.” Mishera added.

“Aaah….” Emerald the not Destroy weakly spoke up. “Perhaps… But my life was set in stone and there is nothing to be done for redemption. Oblivion awaits…” With that he breath his last and laid motionless.

Solis came out of the forest, her hair disheveled and with leaves stuck to her tail, “Ugh, haven’t had my head hurt this much since that time I drank too much with Mishy. Um, did we win?”

“This monster appears to be the big boss of this assault group.” Mishera said. “So… I guess! We should return to the cabin after some little recon.”

“Yeah, that’s what I was thinkin’ too,” Brandt had once again received some damage but his healing factor was taking effect. “Don’t wanna forget anythin’.”

“Right, so let’s do a quick check to see if there’s any stragglers left,” Hinoka said. “Sorry to ask this of you after two tough battles, but hopefully we’ll get a chance to rest soon enough.”

An hour passed through intensive scout work and easily dispatched lesser demons. Simple works form the traps and the golem nearby helped take care of them. As the hour closed, the ninjas returned back to the cabin where Nico seemed to ready herself for an adventure.

Hinoka found the other demons much easier to handle compared to Emerald, though she and Mishera were the two strongest active ninjas in the clan so that was to be expected. “We have cleared out the demons, Nico, so your home is safe for now. Sorry about the uninvited visitors, but you see what we are facing now.”

“How… brazen of Cynthia to send them so close to my home.” Nico looked at Hinoka with a grave expression. “I’ll support your cause as much as I can. Even pray to Airus for guidance.” She then took a deep breath. “Before we send off, we need to prepare to strike at the right moment. If we assault her at the principal of her power, the public will see us as the real villain… And I already did awful deeds in the past to build the republic as it is… But, given Cynthia’s history, it won’t be long before she crumbles from this conspiracy… I don’t know how much it’ll bring down. As Cynthia built herself as a brass tower, and when she falls, others will be destroyed. At that period, we should strike with any allies we can gather.”

“Agreed, we need all the help we can get,” Hinoka said, having already started writing a letter on a strange envelope. “I can get more of my clan together, naturally, but I can also ask my king for further assistance. As for Cynthia’s reputation, you needn’t worry too much longer about that; we have found evidence on her that should expose the type of person she truly is. Even with that, she still holds considerable power over the forces of darkness. Demons such as that one are just a small part of her allies. So we shall need to strike at the right time with the right people. Fortunately, that is what my clan excels at.”

“The Dragonlover clan yes? Hm, it’s… likely true that your family’s fame is true…” Nico then closed her eyes. “I do remember one of them… But my memory is shrouded in mystery of such an event in my youth.” She then looked at Hinoka. “I’ll prepare all the necessary spells for this battle. I may even bring my golem with you. Just beware on you’d bring as allies..”

“Ah, so you are aware of my clan, then?” Hinoka figured that Nico might’ve met one some time in the past, given what she said, “I hold my clan to high standards, even if it may not look like it at first,” even Tala with all her issues was highly skilled and capable, “And I shall bring the ones most suited to such a mission, like my mighty dragon,” patting Mishera’s side. “I do worry just how far-reaching this all goes, but I trust my clan to get this job done.”

“Aww thanks!” Mishera blushed. “I’d have taken care of that demon myself, but given mages and all, I’ll be your mighty dragon.”

“I’ll… try to help and solve any consequences that come out once Cynthia is defeated. It might not be much, but perhaps some weight as founder may win some ties in Snowy Light.” Nico said.

“Any help is appreciated, Nico,” Hinoka said with a smile, “The Dragonlover Clan has strong ties to Silverdale as well; many of us are descended from Silverdaleans, and some of us have even served the Royal Family before. Saving this land from the influence of Cynthia and the Dark Snakes will be worth whatever happens.”

“Then let us prepare for the coming battle.” Nico said.
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Return to International Incidents