NATION

PASSWORD

Transformers Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you excited for the Bumblebee movie?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 48

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:00 pm

So I got a thought about Studio Series vs Generations.

Studio Series is supposed to be 'the movie designs' and Generations is supposed to be 'everything else' (albeit mostly G1 with some homages to post-G1 thrown in once a while), right?

Well, IDK if y'all have been following the news, but there have been several listings indicating that they're gonna be having 86 movie toys in Studio Series and I was just thinking.

How about Hasbro just reformats the Studio Series line to serve as the general 'media-accurate updated toys' line like how the current Studio Series is with the live-action films and Generations is with G1 and they make Generations into an 'updated designs for classic characters' line?

Like IDK that way people who want to have their toys be 'show/movie-accurate' can still get that but the people who don't want a millionth Sunbow Optimus Prime can get that too?
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:33 pm

Gandoor wrote:So I got a thought about Studio Series vs Generations.

Studio Series is supposed to be 'the movie designs' and Generations is supposed to be 'everything else' (albeit mostly G1 with some homages to post-G1 thrown in once a while), right?

Well, IDK if y'all have been following the news, but there have been several listings indicating that they're gonna be having 86 movie toys in Studio Series and I was just thinking.

How about Hasbro just reformats the Studio Series line to serve as the general 'media-accurate updated toys' line like how the current Studio Series is with the live-action films and Generations is with G1 and they make Generations into an 'updated designs for classic characters' line?

Like IDK that way people who want to have their toys be 'show/movie-accurate' can still get that but the people who don't want a millionth Sunbow Optimus Prime can get that too?

well if they are going to do that then they need a movie accurate Blitzwing from Bumble Bee that actually looks like an F-4 Phantom
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:00 pm

TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 pm

It looks terrible and I can't believe Hasbro is charging $50.

Like I've seen KOs with less transparent plastic.
OOC - Call me Viola
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:17 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/07/13/transformers-top-gun-crossover-figure-maverick-revealed-414623

Bruh

Bruh WTF is that? Thats like the single worst paint job ive seen in decades
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Honestly, y'all know what Maverick reminds me of?

Those off-brand but not KO transforming robot toys where they don't really have the talent Hastak has cultivated over the several decades of the Transformers line so they do a jetformer and it's the most basic ass 'cockpit chest' design ever that looks like they didn't even try to make it really unique.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:41 am

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for Maverick.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:39 am

If you guys wanna laugh at something Transformers-related, if yesterday's Fan First Friday reveals and descriptions are correct, then Bumblebee turns into a fucking Volkswagen Beetle on Cybertron.

Because, yeah, they announced a WFC Bumblebee toy, it's a total reshell of Cliffjumper and he turns into a Beetle with the Volkswagen license and everything. But, the toy is part of the War for Cybertron Trilogy line that's specifically tying-in with the Netflix series and is described as being 'series-accurate'.

(They also claim that the redeco of Earthrise Wheeljack [who blatantly turns into a Lancia Stratos Turbo] in the same line now turns into a 'Cybertronian racecar')

God maybe this cartoon will end up being a masterpiece of hilarity.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:25 pm

I want it to be good, but I'm trying notto get my hopes up, in case it ends up being like the PWIII cartoons.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:38 am

The War for Cybertron trilogy version of Siege Soundwave actually looks really good without all the battle damage applications. I might have to go back for that one.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:40 pm

I genuinely don't understand why Hasbro keeps using yellow eyes for Soundwave.

It's like you go so hard-in on the Sunbow character models for the toy designs and then have that one element be toy-accurate.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:33 am

Not really a big Tranamsformers fan, but I am currently watching Prime and so far it's a pretty decent show!
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:39 am

Gandoor wrote:I genuinely don't understand why Hasbro keeps using yellow eyes for Soundwave.

It's like you go so hard-in on the Sunbow character models for the toy designs and then have that one element be toy-accurate.

I don’t mind his eyes. They’re more distinct from the red of other Decepticons, and he already has the yellow trim on his chest.

Aeritai wrote:Not really a big Tranamsformers fan, but I am currently watching Prime and so far it's a pretty decent show!

There’s a new Netflix show coming out later this month too.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aeritai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Gandoor wrote:I genuinely don't understand why Hasbro keeps using yellow eyes for Soundwave.

I don’t mind his eyes. They’re more distinct from the red of other Decepticons, and he already has the yellow trim on his chest.

Aeritai wrote:Not really a big Tranamsformers fan, but I am currently watching Prime and so far it's a pretty decent show!

There’s a new Netflix show coming out later this month too.

Yeah 'War For Cybertron'? I'll give that a watch as well when it comes out.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Prime was a lot of fun. I really like it's potrayal of Ratchet.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Aeritai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:14 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

Prime was a lot of fun. I really like it's potrayal of Ratchet.

I agree Prime is enjoyable I can't make a strong opinion on how the characters are portrayed considering I never seen the cartoons, but I do like the Autobot and Decepticon characters.
Last edited by Aeritai on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Aeri
I am a Human Female

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:46 am

Aeritai wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Prime was a lot of fun. I really like it's potrayal of Ratchet.

I agree Prime is enjoyable I can't make a strong opinion on how the characters are portrayed considering I never seen the cartoons, but I do like the Autobot and Decepticon characters.
If you want to learn more about other portrayals of the characters, tfwiki.net has a lot of good resources. The Decepticons in Prime have some really awesome character designs, imo.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:31 pm

I didn't really like Prime tbh.

Mostly because of the budget problems which become obvious after season one (not gonna spoil anything but) and also because I'm a weirdo who's favourite Transformers series is the one least like Transformers.

Toys were pretty cool for the time though, and some of them still hold up.
Last edited by Gandoor on Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Aeritai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:18 am

The only criticism I have of Prime is that they sometimes put the human characters into unnecessary situations. Like when the humans are told to stay behind, but they still follow the autobots anyway. I'm fine with them as long as they are actually useful on the mission like when Jack went to Cybertron.
Just call me Aeri
I am a Human Female

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:51 pm

Aeritai wrote:The only criticism I have of Prime is that they sometimes put the human characters into unnecessary situations. Like when the humans are told to stay behind, but they still follow the autobots anyway. I'm fine with them as long as they are actually useful on the mission like when Jack went to Cybertron.

are you talking about the OG animated series or the Live action movies?

because I wish they would make a Live action movie for Transformers in the Style of Battle at Big Rock or at least connect the size and strength of the Transformers to there alt mode.

Aeritai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:59 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Aeritai wrote:The only criticism I have of Prime is that they sometimes put the human characters into unnecessary situations. Like when the humans are told to stay behind, but they still follow the autobots anyway. I'm fine with them as long as they are actually useful on the mission like when Jack went to Cybertron.

because I wish they would make a Live action movie for Transformers in the Style of Battle at Big Rock or at least connect the size and strength of the Transformers to there alt mode.

I'm talking about Transformers Prime.
Just call me Aeri
I am a Human Female

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:00 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:

Don't really get what you meant but that Battle at Big Rock video was awesome, a cookie for you.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Aeritai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Currently watching 'War For Cybertron' and so far its pretty good not sure how I feel about Prime's new voice, but the show is pretty decent.
Just call me Aeri
I am a Human Female

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:51 pm

Ordered Fans Hobby Athena today! Super excited to get her sometime next week if the hurricane this weekend doesn't fuck shit up too much.

Some may argue I paid a bit too much for her (her preorder price at different retailers like BBTS, TFSource, etc. is between $60 and $70 and I paid $89) but I was getting damn tired of waiting for her to come in-stock at US retailers and there's no damn way I'm ordering her direct from China. Not because of the virus or whatever, but because I ain't gonna be waiting two or three months for the damn toy to make it across the Pacific.

So instead I just ordered one new in-box from a seller in Wisconsin on eBay.
OOC - Call me Viola
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
TGs are welcome

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Aeritai wrote:Currently watching 'War For Cybertron' and so far its pretty good not sure how I feel about Prime's new voice, but the show is pretty decent.

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I want to see it.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction