NATION

PASSWORD

[WAS IN QUEUE, RE-DRAFT] Commend Aumeltopia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

[WAS IN QUEUE, RE-DRAFT] Commend Aumeltopia

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:52 pm

Hi everyone! This is my first Security Council endeavor and I think Aumeltopia/Somyrion/Aumelodia is a fitting subject. There may be some fact-checking mistakes and exclusions (I am especially keen to add more stuff about his work in Forest as Mount Seymour, and maybe some stuff about Meihua too) so all feedback is appreciated.

Commend Aumeltopia
Category: Commend | Nominee: Aumeltopia

The Security Council,

Praising [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s service as World Assembly Delegate of the South Pacific for almost a year from August 2019, overseeing at one stage a doubling in their endorsement tally from their inauguration as Delegate through active participation in the Southern World Assembly Initiative (SWAN), and the institution of Endorsement Days, where nations were urged to endorse as many other South Pacifican WA members as possible, and development of OWL, the South Pacific's World Assembly department, into an active and efficient organization that increased participation, comprehension, and authorship in the World Assembly among nations in the South Pacific,

Applauding Aumeltopia’s service as Celestial Being of Lazarus, a position they used to protect the region from internal and external threats while serving as a strong leader of the region, as well as serving as the Commander of the Lazarene Celestial Armada, a position they used to protect small regions from outside threats,

Recalling Aumeltopia’s work in defending natives nations and small regions from hostile invasions, including:
  • their founding of an interregional defender alliance called Solidarity (Solidarian Fleet) at the end of 2016, where their courageous leadership helped restore regions destroyed by raiders,
  • Co-founding the United Task Force in 2017, which served as a vehicle for joint military operations for defender militaries,
  • Serving as the Minister of Military Affairs for the South Pacific, where they revamped the organizational and graphical style of the South Pacific Special Forces, crafting it into the military organization it is today,
  • Establishing, as the Minister of Military Affairs, the SPSF Reserve, an organization that enabled citizens to help with military efforts without liberating or defending,

Appreciating Aumeltopia's service to Forest through the puppet nation of [nation=noflag] Mount Seymour[/nation], including:
  • Administering and establishing the regional gathering places and forums,
  • Leading the region as Forest Keeper, the chief executive of Forest, from January to September 2017,
  • Organizing and leading the Forest Photo Contest, a photography event that is internationally recognized for its quality,
  • Serving as Foreign Minister of Forest from November of 2016 to January of 2017, where they established embassies with five new partners,
  • Serving as Culture Minister of Forest from September 2017 to January 2018,
  • Leading Forest's effort to create the nuclear alliances of Forest and Canopy, factions that finished top 3 in 2017, 2018, and 2019, which protected nations from radiation and eliminated outside threats,

Observing Aumeltopia's work for one of the premier news publications in NationStates, NationStates Today, such as:
  • Serving as a Director of Graphics and Publishing, a position where they curated the graphics and style of the organization and newspaper,
  • Serving multiple terms as Governor of NationStates Today, an administrative position of the organization, a position they used to consult the Board and represent NationStates Today’s readership,

Grateful for Aumeltopia's authorship of SC #212 'Repeal "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland'", which ensured natives could protect their region from invasions via a password, and SC #307 "Condemn Auphelia", which condemned an extraordinarily evil nation notorious for terrorizing the South Pacific and her allies,

Admiring Aumeltopia’s extensive graphic design portfolio that has stood the test of time, including the flags of the Free Nations Region, the Union of Democratic States, and Forest, the graphics for one of the largest inter-regional festivals in history, PacificCon, as well as the universal design code for the South Pacific,

Honoring Aumeltopia's leadership, community, military, and graphical contributions to regions and organizations across NationStates,

Hereby Commends Aumeltopia.

Co-authored by The Noble Thatcherites and Tinhampton.
Last edited by North Prarie on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 15 times in total.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Given your co-authors, I feel it is a given, but it's worth asking anyways - do they want this?

More feedback pending.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:00 pm

Morover wrote:Given your co-authors, I feel it is a given, but it's worth asking anyways - do they want this?

More feedback pending.

I haven't asked, as I intended it to be a sort of going away present (as well as acknowledging their extensive accomplishments, ofc), but I would assume so.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 pm

North Prarie wrote:
Morover wrote:Given your co-authors, I feel it is a given, but it's worth asking anyways - do they want this?

More feedback pending.

I haven't asked, as I intended it to be a sort of going away present (as well as acknowledging their extensive accomplishments, ofc), but I would assume so.

Okay - so, while it isn't a requirement, I'd contact them and make sure that they're on-board with it.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Morover wrote:
North Prarie wrote:I haven't asked, as I intended it to be a sort of going away present (as well as acknowledging their extensive accomplishments, ofc), but I would assume so.

Okay - so, while it isn't a requirement, I'd contact them and make sure that they're on-board with it.

I have done so.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:05 pm

North Prarie wrote:RECALLING [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s work in defending natives from hostile invasions, including:[list]
*]Founding the Defender group ‘Solidarity’ in late 2016, showcasing their dedication to the community and displaying early on their leadership skills,
[*]Serving as commander of the Lazarene Celestial Armada,
[*]Co-founding the United Task Force in 2017, which served as a vehicle for joint
[*]military operations for defender militaries,
[*]Serving as the Minister of Military Affairs for the South Pacific, where they revamped the organizational and [*]graphical style of the South Pacific Special Forces, crafting it into the military organization it is today,
[*]Establishing, as the Minister of Military Affairs, the Tidal Force, a first of its kind organization that enabled citizens to help with [*]military efforts without liberating or defending,

You've got multiple extra lines in there that are unnecessary.

North Prarie wrote:APPLAUDING [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s service as Celestial Being of Lazarus, a position they used to fortify regional security and establish community.

Period instead of comma here.

North Prarie wrote:PRAISING [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s service as current Delegate of the South Pacific and its service to SWAN, the program to encourage nations to become more involved in the World Assembly and to revamp World Assembly infrastructure in the South Pacific that serves as inspiration for other regions today,

You're switching your pronouns quite a bit here - their versus its.

North Prarie wrote:RECOGNIZING [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s service on the Local Council of the South Pacific, a team that moderates the Regional Message Board and community activities,

The legality of this seems...questionable to me. Using Regional Message Board might be a violation of 4c. Perhaps modify the language there.
Last edited by SkyDip on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Your points, as it stands, are a bit all over the place - here's a proposed reordering. You're welcome to take any part of this (or reject it outright); as usual, you don't have to list Tinhampton as a third co-author but do consider doing so if you think I've done a good job:
The Security Council,

GRATEFUL for the dedication that Aumeltopia (also known as [nation=noflag]Aumelodia[/nation], [nation=noflag]Somyrion[/nation], and [nation=noflag]Mount Seymour[/nation]) has put into defending nations from hostile invasions, including:
  • their founding of an interregional defender alliance called Solidarity (Solidarian Fleet) at the end of 2016, where their courageous leadership helped enable raids of regions such as Jahkku - once a thriving creative community with more than 100 member nations - to be thwarted early,
  • co-founding the United Task Force in 2017, which served as a vehicle for active co-operation between defender militaries, and
  • service as the Celestial Being of the former Celestial Union of Lazarus during the first half of 2017, where their duties included protecting regional security and serving as the commander-in-chief of the defender-aligned Lazarene Celestial Armada,

RECOGNISING Aumeltopia's work in improving the South Pacific as a role model for aspiring feeder politicians and participants, especially through:
  • as World Assembly Delegate for almost a year from August 2019, overseeing at one stage a doubling in their endorsement tally from their inauguration as Delegate, through active participation in the Southern World Assembly Initiative (SWAN) and the institution of Endorsement Days where nations were urged to endorse as many other South Pacifican WA members as possible,
  • as Minister of Military Affairs, designing the logo and associated flag for the South Pacific Special Forces; and also establishing the Tidal Force, which enables South Pacifican citizens to provide practical support to the SPSF without having to become a fully-fledged SPSF member,
  • designing the current logos of the Ministries of Foreign and Regional Affairs, the Legislator Committee, the Local Council, the Office of World Assembly Legislation, and SWAN, and
  • former membership of the Local Council, which involved continued oversight of the South Pacific's community and Regional Message Board,

[perhaps insert clauses about Forest and Meihua here once you get enough info about them],

ADMIRING not only Aumeltopia's authorship of major international documents - such as the Constitution of the Free Nations Region, SC#212 "Repeal "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland,"" and SC#307 "Condemn Aumeltopia" - but also their outstanding and time-tested vexillological contributions (including the current flags of the Free Nations Region, the Union of Democratic States, and Forest), and

[C&Cs usually have a clause which summarise why the nominee should be C&Ced - I encourage you to include your own rationale here]:

Co-authored by The Noble Thatcherites and Kuriko.
Daytime to Night will be happy that I'm not doing this right at the very end - always happy to help out a fellow NS Sports person nonetheless :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Aumeltopia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 02, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aumeltopia » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:45 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Your points, as it stands, are a bit all over the place - here's a proposed reordering. You're welcome to take any part of this (or reject it outright); as usual, you don't have to list Tinhampton as a third co-author but do consider doing so if you think I've done a good job:
The Security Council,

GRATEFUL for the dedication that Aumeltopia (also known as [nation=noflag]Aumelodia[/nation], [nation=noflag]Somyrion[/nation], and [nation=noflag]Mount Seymour[/nation]) has put into defending nations from hostile invasions, including:
  • their founding of an interregional defender alliance called Solidarity (Solidarian Fleet) at the end of 2016, where their courageous leadership helped enable raids of regions such as Jahkku - once a thriving creative community with more than 100 member nations - to be thwarted early,
  • co-founding the United Task Force in 2017, which served as a vehicle for active co-operation between defender militaries, and
  • service as the Celestial Being of the former Celestial Union of Lazarus during the first half of 2017, where their duties included protecting regional security and serving as the commander-in-chief of the defender-aligned Lazarene Celestial Armada,

RECOGNISING Aumeltopia's work in improving the South Pacific as a role model for aspiring feeder politicians and participants, especially through:
  • as World Assembly Delegate for almost a year from August 2019, overseeing at one stage a doubling in their endorsement tally from their inauguration as Delegate, through active participation in the Southern World Assembly Initiative (SWAN) and the institution of Endorsement Days where nations were urged to endorse as many other South Pacifican WA members as possible,
  • as Minister of Military Affairs, designing the logo and associated flag for the South Pacific Special Forces; and also establishing the Tidal Force, which enables South Pacifican citizens to provide practical support to the SPSF without having to become a fully-fledged SPSF member,
  • designing the current logos of the Ministries of Foreign and Regional Affairs, the Legislator Committee, the Local Council, the Office of World Assembly Legislation, and SWAN, and
  • former membership of the Local Council, which involved continued oversight of the South Pacific's community and Regional Message Board,

[perhaps insert clauses about Forest and Meihua here once you get enough info about them],

ADMIRING not only Aumeltopia's authorship of major international documents - such as the Constitution of the Free Nations Region, SC#212 "Repeal "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland,"" and SC#307 "Condemn Aumeltopia" - but also their outstanding and time-tested vexillological contributions (including the current flags of the Free Nations Region, the Union of Democratic States, and Forest), and

[C&Cs usually have a clause which summarise why the nominee should be C&Ced - I encourage you to include your own rationale here]:

Co-authored by The Noble Thatcherites and Kuriko.
Daytime to Night will be happy that I'm not doing this right at the very end - always happy to help out a fellow NS Sports person nonetheless :P

I'm going to largely stay out here, as I should. I'm deeply honoured and I greatly respect Prarie, Thatcher, and Kuriko.

A couple of factual errors you've added, Tin, though:
- I didn't really defend anything or thwart invasions in Solidarity. Solidarity was "restoring" --i.e. working with regions during and after raids to re-set up the community and handle security. Calling it simply defender might make me sound, unduly, better, but it would be a disservice to what Solidarity really did/focused on.
- Commander of the LCA and Celestial Being were separate positions in CU Lazarus.
- I certainly didn't author a condemnation of myself :shock:

Alright, Somy out. o/
Last edited by Aumeltopia on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
aka Somyrion

Auphelia wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . . and then your heart/identity!

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:35 pm

Aumeltopia made the graphics for the NationStates Great Exhibition back when it was just Agalaesia and I. They took a chance on it early, and I'm very grateful for that. I believe they also created the Pacific-Con graphics, though you'll need to check that. That being said, this is a stretch. I don't think Aumeltopia is ready to receive this, judging by what you've shown.

You have to understand that a commendation does quite a bit in shaping the perceptions of current and future players. We don't want to treat it lightly.

That's not to say I won't vote for this. I haven't seen enough.
Last edited by Bormiar on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:54 pm

I’m against this version. I think Somy can be commendable but this doesn’t reflect that. Like Celestial Armada. Who cares? What did they do? You gotta explain why it’s good. It’s quite light at the moment, you should include other stuff like issues/SC authorship, contribution to Forest, and so on. Also, your lists look weird. Get that check out.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:58 am

SkyDip wrote:
North Prarie wrote:RECOGNIZING [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s service on the Local Council of the South Pacific, a team that moderates the Regional Message Board and community activities,

The legality of this seems...questionable to me. Using Regional Message Board might be a violation of 4c. Perhaps modify the language there.

Using “posts” as in “posts to the RMB” is definitely illegal. I think RMB is okay as it’s an accepted game term like WFE (which is legal). However, in the past other authors have used phrases like “regional communications centre” to be certain they’re compliant with the rules.

I dislike the use of the word “moderates”. Yes we know they’re not Moderating, but for clarity a word like “manages” would be better.

Edit: Regional Message Board is legal per this ruling by Sedge (viewtopic.php?p=3946595&sid=20093a547291ffa695ab021b5cb3736f#p3946595) but with caveats.
Last edited by Bhang Bhang Duc on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:18 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
SkyDip wrote:The legality of this seems...questionable to me. Using Regional Message Board might be a violation of 4c. Perhaps modify the language there.

Using “posts” as in “posts to the RMB” is definitely illegal. I think RMB is okay as it’s an accepted game term like WFE (which is legal). However, in the past other authors have used phrases like “regional communications centre” to be certain they’re compliant with the rules.

I dislike the use of the word “moderates”. Yes we know they’re not Moderating, but for clarity a word like “manages” would be better.

Edit: Regional Message Board is legal per this ruling by Sedge (viewtopic.php?p=3946595&sid=20093a547291ffa695ab021b5cb3736f#p3946595) but with caveats.

Messages works fine instead of “posts”: https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pa ... /council=2

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:22 am

Also, just a stylistic choice, I’d recommend you don’t capitalise the first word of every clause.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Kuriko
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:51 am

I had to go to bed before we actually finished the rough draft, so I had very little part in writing the proposal beyond correcting the illegailities. Can you please remove me from the co-authors? More could have been added to it and it could have been restructured a bit, which can still happen I was just going to work on it more today.
WA Secretary-General
TITO Tactical Officer of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:16 am

Seconding Borm's and Honey's comments.
North Prarie wrote:ADMIRING [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s extensive graphic design portfolio that has stood the test of time, including:
Regardless of accepting Tin's suggestions or not, for this section, I would suggest combining all of "The current flag of..." into one bullet point.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:26 am

I will also note that Somy has done all of the graphics at NST and is currently Director of Graphics and Publishing as well as a governor there
Oh and full support for this, Somy is most definitely commendable
Last edited by Wymondham on Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doer of the things and the stuffs.
That British dude who does the charity fundraiser.

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:04 pm

Hey everyone, made a couple of changes to the draft. I took a couple of Tinhampton's clauses from their proposal in the thread, which they said I could use, and added it into the draft, or merged it with what it was originally. Thanks so much, Tin! Here are some of the changes:
  • I changed the Solidarity part to recognize that it was an organization meant to help raided communities
  • I took out the Commander of the LCA part and put it into the section about Aume's work as Celestial Being
  • I made my lists better
  • Made all the sentence starters lowercase
  • I changed the Delegate of TSP part in the original draft to be Tin's proposal for the clause
  • I added a section about Aume's WA authorship
  • I changed the graphic design part to just one sentence
  • I added sections about Forest and NSToday
  • I added an 'Honoring' section at the bottom

Again, all feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by North Prarie on Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Expand on why writing Repeal Liberate Kingdom of Ireland and Condemn Auphelia benefitted people. For example: condemned an exceptionally evil nation infamous for terrorising the South Pacific and their allies etc

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:Expand on why writing Repeal Liberate Kingdom of Ireland and Condemn Auphelia benefitted people. For example: condemned an exceptionally evil nation infamous for terrorising the South Pacific and their allies etc

Done.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Candensia » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:40 pm

Through Mount Seymour, Aumeltopia wrote issue #640. I'd mention this, if you haven't already. You can consult other issues C/Cs to see how it can be done legally.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:10 am

North Prarie wrote:
The Security Council,

Recalling [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s work in defending natives from hostile invasions, including:
  • their founding of an interregional defender alliance called Solidarity (Solidarian Fleet) at the end of 2016, where their courageous leadership helped restore regions destroyed by raiders,
  • Co-founding the United Task Force in 2017, which served as a vehicle for joint military operations for defender militaries,
  • Serving as the Minister of Military Affairs for the South Pacific, where they revamped the organizational and graphical style of the South Pacific Special Forces, crafting it into the military organization it is today,
  • Establishing, as the Minister of Military Affairs, the SPSF Reserve, a first of its kind organization that enabled citizens to help with military efforts without liberating or defending,

This reads quite nicely until this bit - "organizational and graphical style". A military has a graphical style? Do you mean they have nice red uniforms like the Spanish Inquisition? Seriously, not sure what you mean by this, which detracts from an otherwise good clause.

North Prarie wrote:Acknowledging their writing of the Constitution of the Free Nations Region, a document that has presided over the region for many years,

Many nations have written similarly long-lived regional constitutions so not Commendable of itself. But taken as part of the bigger picture it's fine.

North Prarie wrote:Grateful for Aumeltopia's authorship of SC #212 "Repeal "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland", which ensured natives could protect their region from invasions via a password, and SC 307 "Condemn Auphelia", which condemned an extraordinarily evil nation notorious for terrorizing the South Pacific and her allies,

This feels like it should be more of an afterword, rather than in the middle of the text.

North Prarie wrote:Applauding [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s service as Celestial Being of Lazarus. a position they used to protect the region, as well as serving as the Commander of the Lazarene Celestial Armada,

Remind me, Lazarus' Celestial Being was the Delegate right or is my memory playing tricks? So how long were they in that role, what did they do? What did they accomplish as head of the military. I seriously think you've missed a trick here. If you really want to commend Aumeltopia there's a whole blank space just wanting to be filled.

North Prarie wrote:Praising [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s service as World Assembly Delegate of the South Pacific for almost a year from August 2019, overseeing at one stage a doubling in their endorsement tally from their inauguration as Delegate, through active participation in the Southern World Assembly Initiative (SWAN) and the institution of Endorsement Days where nations were urged to endorse as many other South Pacifican WA members as possible,

Yes well SWAN and Endorsement Days may have helped swell the tally, but let's not forget that every GCR Delegate got a huge boost in numbers during the Drewpocalypse. To gloss over this is disingenuous. What else did they accomplish?

North Prarie wrote:Admiring [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]’s extensive graphic design portfolio that has stood the test of time, including the flags of the Free Nations Region, the Union of Democratic States, and Forest, as well as the universal design code for the South Pacific,

Strange that you give this almost equal weighting in terms of draft space to their time as TSP Delegate.

North Prarie wrote:Appreciating [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]'s service to Forest through the puppet nation of Mount Seymour, including:
  • Administering the regional gathering places and forums,
  • Leading the region as Forest Keeper, the chief executive of Forest, from January to September 2017,
  • Organizing the Forest Photo Contest, a photography event that is internationally recognized for its quality,
  • Serving as Foreign Minister of Forest from November of 2016 to January of 2017,
  • Serving as Culture Minister of Forest from September 2017 to January 2018,

That seems a solid list of achievements.

North Prarie wrote:Observing [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]'s work for the largest news publication in NationStates, NationStates Today, such as:
  • Serving as a Director of Graphics and Publishing, a position where they curated the graphics and style of the organization and newspaper,
  • Serving multiple terms as Governor of NationStates Today, an administrative position of the organization,

Not my favourite publication, but okay.

North Prarie wrote:Honoring [nation=noflag]Aumeltopia[/nation]'s leadership, community, military, and graphical contributions to regions and organizations across NationStates,

Co-authored by The Noble Thatcherites and Tinhampton.

For a first time here it's a very laudable effort. But, I really think you've missed a couple of open goals.

• You need to do more research on Aumeltopia's time in Lazarus. Find out their achievements both as Delegate and military commander. At the moment you're missing a golden opportunity I think.
  • More detail required on their time as Delegate of TSP. Trying to tell us that their efforts singlehandely increased their endorsement tally is wrong - we all know it was Drew.
  • I would re-order your clauses. Start with the Delegacies, then go onto their Defender work. After that their work in Forest, FNR and NationsStates Today. Finally their graphical work and SC authorship.

At the moment because I believe this is an incomplete bit of research I would not support it. However, as we often say, writing a C&C is a marathon, not a sprint. You have plenty of time to add to this draft and knock off the rough edges.
Last edited by Bhang Bhang Duc on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:21 am

Generally agreeing with BBD's posts.

I would also add that elaboration on what they did as Forest Keeper and Foreign and Culture Minister for Forest would be helpful in addition to the other locations BBD has mentioned.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:37 am

I definitely agree that we need more on Aume's time in Laz and Forest, but there are some roadblocks for each.
One of Somy's most commendable achievements, IMO, is leading the resistance against the Funkadelia coup of Lazarus in July 2017. This was in the rough draft, but we axed it because of it's controversy.
Second - I've contacted multiple Forestians and only one, Turbeaux, has gotten back to me. He actually helped me a lot and put out an open call to all Forestians to contact me, but nobody has reached out to me. All of the Forest stuff is currently based off of my own research, in the Forest history dispatch.

Does anyone have opinions/advice on these?
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 am

North Prarie wrote:I definitely agree that we need more on Aume's time in Laz and Forest, but there are some roadblocks for each.
One of Somy's most commendable achievements, IMO, is leading the resistance against the Funkadelia coup of Lazarus in July 2017. This was in the rough draft, but we axed it because of it's controversy.
Second - I've contacted multiple Forestians and only one, Turbeaux, has gotten back to me. He actually helped me a lot and put out an open call to all Forestians to contact me, but nobody has reached out to me. All of the Forest stuff is currently based off of my own research, in the Forest history dispatch.

Leading the resistance to a coup would be highly commendable, wouldn’t it? I dropped out of the game for 18 months round about that time so I don’t know why including it would be controversial.

Can’t advise you about contacts in Forest, don’t know anyone there. Sorry.
Last edited by Bhang Bhang Duc on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Prarie
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:23 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
North Prarie wrote:I definitely agree that we need more on Aume's time in Laz and Forest, but there are some roadblocks for each.

Leading the resistance to a coup would be highly commendable, wouldn’t it? I dropped out of the game for 18 months round about that time so I don’t know why including it would be controversial.

Can’t advise you about contacts in Forest, don’t know anyone there. Sorry.

It's widely regarded as a civil war - it wasn't a clear cut abuse of power either way (well, I think it was..)
The coup was also backed by multiple foreign powers and a mention of Somy's efforts could kill it in those regions' minds.
Hosting Experience
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council