NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling; Tucker Carlson thread (maybe?)

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

[R] Trolling; Tucker Carlson thread (maybe?)

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Illegal Planets wrote:He didn’t say anything wrong though.

For reference, the kinds of things the person being referred to said include multiple racist/homophobic/all-around bigoted statements, including slurs and denigration of certain religions.
Knowing that agreeing with trolling posts on the forum itself is also considered trolling, I'm inclined to believe that agreeing with such inflammatory statements that would definitely be trolling had they been said here is the same thing in principle.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Illegal Planets wrote:He didn’t say anything wrong though.

For reference, the kinds of things the person being referred to said include multiple racist/homophobic/all-around bigoted statements, including slurs and denigration of certain religions.
Knowing that agreeing with trolling posts on the forum itself is also considered trolling, I'm inclined to believe that agreeing with such inflammatory statements that would definitely be trolling had they been said here is the same thing in principle.

If it had been someone who posted those vile things on our forums, absolutely, or even if Illegal Planets had quoted the posts and said that. I'll call in and see if someone else on the Team would like to opine. They should be awake by now.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:33 pm

I just don’t think posting ones opinion online, however vile or offensive it may be, is wrong.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:30 pm

Illegal Planets wrote:I just don’t think posting ones opinion online, however vile or offensive it may be, is wrong.

Then I refer you to The One Stop Rules Shop.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:10 am

I agree with Farn that I am not seeing anything actionable with that singular post even with what it is referencing.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Return to Moderation