NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Senate Press Conference Room
September 17th, 2019
Washington, D.C.

Entering the room with fellow Senator Erika Goldman and a number of Democratic congressmen & senators. They gathered into the room and nodded at the cameras as they formed around Jillian. She smiled as they did and ushered a quiet thanks again for showing up with her. Then, turning to the cameras and nodding, she began.

"Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! I'm here today with a number of my colleagues to unveil a new legislative push that has frankly gone unaddressed for the past few years. As states across the country continue to pass stringent and restrictive abortion laws and sometimes outright bans, there has been no response from women, from women's rights advocates, and from the elected officials who believe these laws have outright sought to undermine precedent. But no more. These laws warrant an outright response from Congress not to extend women's and abortion rights but defend the very rights that have already been set and protected by the courts and our laws."

"Choice is the endless battle that every woman has fought for, we fought for the right to choose representatives through the ballot, we fought for the right to choose careers by merit, we fought for the right to choose what we did with our bodies. And now we must once again fight for this right to be defended and protected. I was in Birmingham, with countless others, campaigning against extreme legislation seeking to rob women of their bodily autonomy. I've been the Governor in a state that until I took office, laws were vague and access to services of any form were scarce. But that changed. And the many lawmakers right here right now have also led that change. And now together, we must lead that change again."

"Women should be able to seek help and access reproductive health without added difficultly, because no mother wants to make such an important decision in their life without also having to carry the tolls of these laws and restrictions. The women who do, no matter what they decide, have been given a set of circumstances that we must endeavor to mitigate, and if a woman must make that decision, government must not, must not be involved. When we talk of women's rights, of abortion rights, we must never forget that women's rights are human rights, plain and simple. The time has come for Congress to protect women's rights in all fifty states, to protect the rights of all Americans in all fifty states."

"It is for those reasons that I am pleased to unveil a bill that seeks to do just that, not by expanding rights but by clearly protecting the one's we already have. And I am glad I am not alone in this fight but rather surrounded by both men and women ready to ensure this happens to protect every women's right to healthcare and reproductive care too. Now, I'll let my fellow senator, Erika Goldman, give her own statement in support."

She stepped aside to let her speak while aides distributed the bill.

An Act to Defend and Ensure Affordable and Accessible Abortion and Comprehensive Pregnancy-Related Healthcare and Coverage for All Women

Nickname: Equal Access to Women's Healthcare Act of 2019

Sponsor: Jillian Dayton (D-VA)
House Co-Sponsors: Felix Holt (D|VA-10), Caroline Simone (D|NY-12), Davit Papazian (D|CA-28), Fiona Lowell (D|WI-3),
Julia Piotrowska (D|IL-5), and Kathleen Nez (D|AZ-7)
Senate Co-Sponsors: James Moore (D-MI) and Erika Goldman (D-CT)

Overview: As more than 25 different states across the country have begun to pass restrictive laws to de facto ban abortion and reduce comprehensive pregnancy-related healthcare by prohibiting coverage in private insurance plans within or beyond health insurance marketplaces under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, there is a need for Congress to defend the right for a woman to control her own body. Specifically, there is a need for affordable, comprehensive health insurance that includes coverage for a full range of pregnancy-related care, including abortion, which is critical to the health of every person regardless of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, immigration status, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, a medical condition relating to pregnancy or childbirth, or sex stereotyping), age, or disability status. Thus there is a need to support women's proper healthcare access so that neither a woman’s income level nor her type of insurance should prevent her from having access to a full range of pregnancy-related care, including abortion services; and so that no woman should have the decision to have, or not to have, an abortion made for her based on her ability or inability to afford the procedure.

Section I - Provisions:
a) Congress recognizes and finds that restrictions on abortion coverage interfere with a woman’s personal decision making, with her health and well-being, and with her constitutionally protected right to a safe and legal medical procedure. Moreover, it is also recognized and found that restrictions on abortion coverage have a disproportionate impact on low-income women, women of color, immigrant women, and young women. These women are already disadvantaged in their access to the resources, information, and services necessary to prevent an unintended pregnancy or to carry a healthy pregnancy to term. Additionally, Congress also recognizes and finds that since 1976, the Federal Government has withheld funds for abortion coverage in most circumstances, affecting women of reproductive age in the United States who are insured through the Medicaid program, as well as women who receive insurance or care through other federal health plans and programs. Of women aged 15–44 enrolled in Medicaid in 2017, 55 percent lived in the 35 States and the District of Columbia that do not cover abortion, except in limited circumstances. This amounts to roughly 7.3 million women of reproductive age, including 3.1 million women living below the Federal poverty level. Women of color are disproportionately likely to be insured by the Medicaid program: Nationwide, 32 percent of Black women and 27 percent of Hispanic women aged 15–44 were enrolled in Medicaid in 2017, compared with 16 percent of White women.

b) The Federal Government shall thus ensure coverage for abortion care in public health insurance programs including Medicaid, Medicare, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program; in its role as an employer or health plan sponsor, ensure coverage for abortion care for participants and beneficiaries; and in its role as a provider of health services, ensure abortion care is made available to individuals who are eligible to receive services in its own facilities or in facilities with which it contracts to provide medical care.

c) The Federal Government shall not prohibit, restrict, or otherwise inhibit insurance coverage of abortion care by State or local government or by private health plans. State and local governments shall also not prohibit, restrict, or otherwise inhibit insurance coverage of abortion care by private health plans. The Federal Government, acting in its capacity as an insurer, employer, or health care provider, should serve as a model for the Nation to ensure coverage of abortion care; and moreover, restrictions on coverage of abortion care in the private insurance market must end.

d) Nothing in this Act shall be construed to have any effect on any Federal, State, or local law that includes more protections for abortion coverage or care than those set forth in this Act. Additionally, if any portion of this Act or the application thereof to any person or circumstances is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the portions or applications of this Act which can be given effect without the invalid portion or application.

This bill is then honorably presented to the United States House of Representatives for consideration in order to protect the right to accessible and affordable comprehensive pregnancy and women's health related healthcare; to improve the United States Law; and is backed by Senator Jillian Dayton on September 17th, 2019.
Do Not Remove: 1337
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Dentali wrote:
Nate Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

I'd like to wish all Americans a Happy Constitution Day when we honor the adoption of the United States Constitution.

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Liked and Retweeted by Theodore Vohoffsky
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:“I suppose that is true, some of my Representatives have quite the tendency for rigid partisanship at times, although I guess you’ve had the same issue at times, even with some of the progressives in the Senate. I’ve just dropped by because I thought it best to visit fairly early just so we can start working on the legislative timetable moving forward.”

"That's quite fair. As you know, the Ruler sanctions bill is my immediate concern."

“Of course, I think that that would be a good vote for us to start off with, shows that we’re willing to work across the aisle on issues of primary concern to the American people. Of course, I will be pushing for the Iran Liberation Act to come to a vote soon after as well.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Earl Tenson
@MTAtLarge

The assault on our unborn children reads it’s ugly head again. A new bill has been submitted by the Democrats to use taxpayer dollars to fund them! Someone must stop them!

Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Dentali wrote:
Nate Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

I'd like to wish all Americans a Happy Constitution Day when we honor the adoption of the United States Constitution.

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Kargintina the Third wrote:
(Image)
Earl Tenson
@MTAtLarge

The assault on our unborn children reads it’s ugly head again. A new bill has been submitted by the Democrats to use taxpayer dollars to fund them! Someone must stop them!

(Image)

Liked and Retweeted by Barry Anderson
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:
(Image)
Earl Tenson
@MTAtLarge

(Image)

Liked and retweeted by @RepresentativeVolker.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Of course, I think that that would be a good vote for us to start off with, shows that we’re willing to work across the aisle on issues of primary concern to the American people. Of course, I will be pushing for the Iran Liberation Act to come to a vote soon after as well.”

"It won't come before the House, Tom, I'll be very blunt on that front. It is far too dangerous."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

I will do everything in my power to stop the anti-life MURDEROUS bill intoduced by the demorats to use taxpayers' money to partake in the mass genocide of unborn children, So Help Me God.

Left Without Edge

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
(Image)
Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

I will do everything in my power to stop the anti-life MURDEROUS bill intoduced by the demorats to use taxpayers' money to partake in the mass genocide of unborn children, So Help Me God.

(Image)

Liked and retweeted by Earl Tenson
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:40 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Of course, I think that that would be a good vote for us to start off with, shows that we’re willing to work across the aisle on issues of primary concern to the American people. Of course, I will be pushing for the Iran Liberation Act to come to a vote soon after as well.”

"It won't come before the House, Tom, I'll be very blunt on that front. It is far too dangerous."

“Of course, I remember you mentioning that in our previous meeting, I did say that we would push for it in my speech on the House floor though so I plan on delivering that. As a thought we could hold that off and instead primary aim to push Representative Villalobos’ Academic Freedom and Thought Act to a vote early on, it’ll allow the sanctions to sink in and I think it would be good to attempt to pass one of the Representative’s bills whilst he continues to recover.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:42 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Of course, I remember you mentioning that in our previous meeting, I did say that we would push for it in my speech on the House floor though so I plan on delivering that. As a thought we could hold that off and instead primary aim to push Representative Villalobos’ Academic Freedom and Thought Act to a vote early on, it’ll allow the sanctions to sink in and I think it would be good to attempt to pass one of the Representative’s bills whilst he continues to recover.”

"Give me the gist of Villalobos' bill again? The clear version, not the version you give to the press."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:42 pm

Nate Richardson
Cato Institute's 18th Annual Constitution Day
September 17th, 2019

Richardson was back in DC for the day which he spent at the Cato Institute's 18th Annual Constitution Day Symposium. It was an occasion for him to rub elbows with Conservative an libertarian thought leaders whose support could lead to op-eds and the support of the intellectual conservatives, while this was not a large population many of the conservatives with deep pockets listened to them.

He sat in on several panels and discussions and enjoyed lunch with the VP of the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty among others. He sought to portray himself as principled and intellectually curious, someone who understood the principles behind conservatism, libertarianism and sought to use those principles to craft policy. He made it very clear that he had relied heavily on those at institutes like Cato and Heritage as a Congressman and Governor, a trend which would continue as President.

During the evening reception Nate continued his charm offensive, meeting everyone he could and having thoughtful discussions which he hoped would impress the intellectuals present at the event and forge relationships. He made sure to specifically make relationships with the judicial experts that had helped bring evangelicals to Wolf.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:43 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
(Image)
Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

(Image)

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

We will not let this pass the Senate!

Left Without Edge

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:50 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Of course, I remember you mentioning that in our previous meeting, I did say that we would push for it in my speech on the House floor though so I plan on delivering that. As a thought we could hold that off and instead primary aim to push Representative Villalobos’ Academic Freedom and Thought Act to a vote early on, it’ll allow the sanctions to sink in and I think it would be good to attempt to pass one of the Representative’s bills whilst he continues to recover.”

"Give me the gist of Villalobos' bill again? The clear version, not the version you give to the press."

Volker sighed for a moment.

“I’ve just realised, the Academic Freedom and Thought act wasn’t Congressman Villalobos’, that was another one of Representative Ruler’s, I confused it for Representative Villalobos’ bill targeting PRC institutions such as the Confucius Institute. Still, Congressman Ruler’s bill would essentially protect the teaching of intelligent design in schools in order for them to continue to qualify for and receive direct federal funding.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:54 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:Volker sighed for a moment.

“I’ve just realised, the Academic Freedom and Thought act wasn’t Congressman Villalobos’, that was another one of Representative Ruler’s, I confused it for Representative Villalobos’ bill targeting PRC institutions such as the Confucius Institute. Still, Congressman Ruler’s bill would essentially protect the teaching of intelligent design in schools in order for them to continue to qualify for and receive direct federal funding.”

"I don't mind the tale of God's Creation as described in the Bible being taught in religious studies class, but it's just not the same as the science to be taught in science classes in theory, but you surely must understand that federal funding being used as a priority for the teaching of the Christian Creation would be a violation of the First Amendment, right?"
Neoliberal

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:56 pm

ImageImage
Stanton Stonewell Jr.
@Sunny.Stonewell

The Appalachian economy is reliant on coal mining (surface), instead of trying to shut it down & waste precious money IMPLORE health and safety. Democrats, you virtue signal 'protecting' these communities yet where's the JOB alternative? Sweatshops? Protect our JOBS, PROTECT OUR ECONOMY! #CongressShallObey

RETWEETSFAVORITE

ImageImage
Stanton Stonewell Jr.
@Sunny.Stonewell

Looked on this pathetic new DNC trademarked legislation, no Republican co-sponsor in sight! Abortion affects all Americans yet Democrats want to polarise, Democrats will not cooperate or talk. Indeed, a very very sorrow sight. #Abortion

RETWEETSFAVORITE

Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:
(Image)(Image)
Stanton Stonewell Jr.
@Sunny.Stonewell

The Appalachian economy is reliant on coal mining (surface), instead of trying to shut it down & waste precious money IMPLORE health and safety. Democrats, you virtue signal 'protecting' these communities yet where's the JOB alternative? Sweatshops? Protect our JOBS, PROTECT OUR ECONOMY! #CongressShallObey

RETWEETSFAVORITE

(Image)

(Image)(Image)
Stanton Stonewell Jr.
@Sunny.Stonewell

Looked on this pathetic new DNC trademarked legislation, no Republican co-sponsor in sight! Abortion affects all Americans yet Democrats want to polarise, Democrats will not cooperate or talk. Indeed, a very very sorrow sight. #Abortion

RETWEETSFAVORITE

(Image)

Liked and retweeted by Barry Anderson
Left Without Edge

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:59 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:Volker sighed for a moment.

"I don't mind the tale of God's Creation as described in the Bible being taught in religious studies class, but it's just not the same as the science to be taught in science classes in theory, but you surely must understand that federal funding being used as a priority for the teaching of the Christian Creation would be a violation of the First Amendment, right?"

“Oh yes, I can see how it could potentially be perceived as such, I just wanted to explain the bill. For something fairly uncontroversial, we do also have the Family Farms Defence Act by Representative Ruler, that aims to provide grants to improve farm management for family farms so it wouldn’t be particularly polarising.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:20 pm

Rijkenlandd wrote:Halifax Health Medical Center
Daytona Beach, FL

Congressman Villalobos would slide back into consciousness after doctors surgically realigned both of his knees. In his unit, he would have, upon request, a TV rolled in so that, while still incapacitated for the next month or so, he can keep up with what is going on in the American political sphere.

"Doc, I need a good laugh on the TV.. not this boring shit." Kevin would say to his doctor, who kept the TV on a community-broadcasting channel. The controller was across the unit from him so he'd need to have his Doctor change channels for the bed-bound Congressman.

"What do you want it on?"

"Oh, change it to CNN." Kevin replied.

The doctor changed the channel to CNN, and Kevin would smile upon tuning into the Democratic Debate as it turned into a dick-measuring shit-fest.

He'd laugh for a few seconds, and with a broad smile, he'd say "Now this... this is comedy." The Doc nodded his head and continued his work.

As Kevin was in the room, a random man with a letter, who appeared to be a crew member from the races, appeared to try to look for Kevin.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:26 pm

Representative Atang called House Speaker Caroline Simone
Left Without Edge

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Oh yes, I can see how it could potentially be perceived as such, I just wanted to explain the bill. For something fairly uncontroversial, we do also have the Family Farms Defence Act by Representative Ruler, that aims to provide grants to improve farm management for family farms so it wouldn’t be particularly polarising.”

"I think we can certainly allow debate on that, if anything to help foster cooperation, but I'm sure you must be aware I intend to push quite firmly forward with our national agenda."
Neoliberal

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Representative Atang called House Speaker Caroline Simone

Carrie picked up, after he was transferred through Christian the Secretary. "Hello John!"
Neoliberal

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:42 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Representative Atang called House Speaker Caroline Simone

Carrie picked up, after he was transferred through Christian the Secretary. "Hello John!"

"Hey! Well, firstly I'd like to congratulate you on your new position."
Left Without Edge

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Agarntrop wrote:"Hey! Well, firstly I'd like to congratulate you on your new position."

"Thank you, John. I'm very grateful. I'm going to convene a meeting of the House Caucus and we can sort out issues regarding your transition to Caucus Chair, other shuffling, and sort out the agenda."
Neoliberal

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:56 pm

Levi Murphy Grass-Roots Fundraiser
Seattle, Washington

To make the best of a situation, the Team organised a grass-roots fundraiser for the Senator in Seattle, Washington. Washington was always a strong potential for the campaign, and although Caldwell was still in the race, it was believed that she would bow out sooner or later under pressure. When that was the case, the campaign was seeking to swoop it up on Super Tuesday. It was also the base of many progressives and progressive activists who would be willing to support the campaign in a perceived stage of weakness. Behind the scenes, however, the campaign was happy. A Republican-led censure against the Senator was the best thing to happen yet, and (hopefully) with little chance of passing the House, it would be a boon for the campaign and the presidential movement.

The Senator arrived in the state and the first thing he did was attend the planned fundraiser. There, he would speak with many progressives and die-hard supports. This event had even cross-candidate support, as many of those who support Caldwell would have probably found the censure to be unfair or verging on ridiculous. Before the Senator spoke to the crowd, a few surrogates warmed up the crowd. That included some local personalities, some well-known organizers inside the campaign and Levi's most trusted advisors. However, they were here to see and hear the Senator speak. This event was live-streamed on all campaign social media accounts, including YouTube, Twitch and Periscope. On the side of the video, a fundraising graph would be put up to demonstrate how far they were fundraising and encouraging those to pitch in more to reach 'goals'. Moderators encourage those viewing online to donate if they could.

The Senator walked on to the stage and spoke to the crowd. "Hello, Seattle!" The crowd roared, in a rally-style appearance. "Thanks for coming. This is an emergency fundraiser, so that we can beat the Republicans once and for all. You may have all heard of the ridiculous, if not absolutely insane censure motion against me in the Senate. It's nothing but a complete witch-hunt against progressives, against anti-war activists, against those who want to speak out about the clear crimes committed by this administration. If I have anything to do with it, we're going to strike down this censure motion and we're going to defeat any moves towards war with Iran. Because, at the end of the day, we all know what the Republicans want more than anything else. Put aside their virtue-signalling on defending the troops, they wants to spend the lives of U.S. soldiers in a costly, regime change war against Iran. I won't have it. I won't take it. We won't take it. We will oppose this so long as we have the passion and power within us to do so."

"But we're fighting for much more too. I'm talking about Medicare for All. Guaranteeing health care for everyone, for free, universal coverage, as a right. People shouldn't be losing their homes over an operation, people should be cared for during those times, not discarded. We're fighting for a Green New Deal. To create new jobs for hard-working Americans and build a new American industrial renaissance. It's not just so we can beat back Climate Change, like we beat back the fascists in the Second World War. It's about reinvigorating the industrial heart land of this nation once again. I want to see the factories re-opened. I want to see workers back to work. I want to see our unions bouncing back and demanding more, fairer treatment. While they try to censure us for opposing war, they are also trying to censure a progressive movement. We cannot let them have their way. And if they did, we'd have another four years of jobs going overseas. Another four years of war. Another four years of economic warfare on the poor and working class. I'm standing up to say no, so please join us."

"That's why your support is needed, and we're so grateful for your support. No matter what you contribute, you are contributing to a large movement of working class people determined on fighting the machine in Washington D.C. People are noticing that this sham of a censure is nothing but a ploy from the Republican Party to shut me up and shut me down. What they don't realize is that this is not about me. This is a movement. So censuring one Senator will not stop us. No, this moment should be used to build a movement that can overcome their D.C. rules and gimmicks. So, thank you. To everyone, your support is deeply appreciated.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse