NATION

PASSWORD

Resolution on Deep Sea Protection?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Seven Seas
Secretary

Founded: Feb 04, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Resolution on Deep Sea Protection?

Postby Seven Seas » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 pm

I have seen nothing on protection of the deep ocean in the WA passed resolutions. This is a call for help with the drafting of one.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Seven Seas wrote:I have seen nothing on protection of the deep ocean in the WA passed resolutions. This is a call for help with the drafting of one.

Deep Ocean not sure, but there probably isn’t a need since nobody even knows what’s down there, let alone how to protect it.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Seven Seas
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 pm

We don't know a lot, but we need to protect it before it's gone. I have some things in mind.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:00 pm

Seven Seas wrote:We don't know a lot, but we need to protect it before it's gone. I have some things in mind.

No idea what’s down there, very few people have even been there irl, can’t imagine member states want to research into something they don’t give two craps about. You can try.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Seven Seas
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:17 pm

I understand you're trying to help but you clearly know nothing about the deep sea. I'll leave the thread open for more people if they want to help.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Seven Seas wrote:I understand you're trying to help but you clearly know nothing about the deep sea. I'll leave the thread open for more people if they want to help.

What do you know about the deep sea and why do you believe that this knowledge will help you write an effective GA proposal about it?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Seven Seas
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:32 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Seven Seas wrote:I understand you're trying to help but you clearly know nothing about the deep sea. I'll leave the thread open for more people if they want to help.

What do you know about the deep sea and why do you believe that this knowledge will help you write an effective GA proposal about it?

I wrote my senior project about it. This'll be my first proposal, so I thought I'd write about something I know. I'm thinking of covering deep sea mining and fishing.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:09 am

Seven Seas wrote:This'll be my first proposal, so I thought I'd write about something I know. I'm thinking of covering deep sea mining and fishing.

OOC: Remember that mining and fishing have existing resolutions on the topics, that might not say they're restricted to shallow seas. Also, the definition of "deep sea" is going to be crucial for your proposal, and you can't steal it from any online source directly. And lastly, remember that WA nations reside on multiple planets, solar systems, galaxies and universes, some of them spanning many solar systems, some restricted to a small island. There may also be nations that actually exist in underwater - possibly even deep sea - habitats. While you don't have to keep all possible RP in mind, do try to make the wording of your proposal such that it works whether you live on land or on or in water. :)
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly