NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] On Male Circumcision

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:10 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:
Lucius Caecilius Iucundus wrote:"All of the objections to this proposal, it seems, relate to its objectives per se, as opposed to its ability to fulfill these objectives. In light of this, our intention is to submit this proposal within a few days. If anyone would like to state any objections between now and then, they should do so promptly."

You can’t submit this without the repeal of Permit Male Circumsicion. Draft one or get whoever drafted one before to submit theirs

Yes, this one I believe.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:You can’t submit this without the repeal of Permit Male Circumsicion. Draft one or get whoever drafted one before to submit theirs

Yes, this one I believe.

OOC: There's no contradiction IMO. This proposal does not ban circumcision, it regulates it (analogous to how regulations on nuclear weapons and materials do not violate NAPA). The closest thing to a contradiction might be 141's classification of circumcision as a "medical procedure," which invokes GAR #29, the Patients' Rights Act, which says parents and guardians may be classed as "patients" for purposes of consenting to medical procedures on their children/wards. But I doubt anyone would argue that a trans rights proposal prohibiting the use of hormones or surgery on children would contradict that provision, so I can't see how this would.

- 1/6 GenSec
Last edited by Sierra Lyricalia on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Cosmosplosion
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Cosmosplosion » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:08 pm

OOC: As of this time, I will be joining work on this resolution as a co-author. I look forward to working with the author on crafting a resolution to tackle this issue, while addressing the wide range of concerns presented.
Last edited by Cosmosplosion on Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Minister of World Assembly Affairs - The North Pacific
Former WA Delegate - The Versutian Federation
Author of GAR #459 - On Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes
I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting. - Che Guevara

Economic Left/Right: -7.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:11 pm

OOC: Against.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Cosmosplosion
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Cosmosplosion » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:45 pm

OOC: A plethora of you have messaged me regarding the author and have sent me a host of comments previously made by them.

I have no interest in working with someone with this history. I have no interest in supporting someone with this history. I will not be working on this proposal.

I support the concept at hand, and will the explore the area more in the future.

EDIT: The author reached out to me, asking if I would be willing to work with him privately. I reject that proposal fully.
Last edited by Cosmosplosion on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Minister of World Assembly Affairs - The North Pacific
Former WA Delegate - The Versutian Federation
Author of GAR #459 - On Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes
I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting. - Che Guevara

Economic Left/Right: -7.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67

Previous

Return to General Assembly