NATION

PASSWORD

Chain Issue Collaboration

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Chain Issue Collaboration

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:33 am

So I have an idea for an issue chain, but I can't do it by myself. So here's the idea basically. @@NAME@@ enters into a currency union.

Each individual can work on their own issue. Once we get a few issues going, we can submit them together as a chain. We can also leave the chain somewhat open-ended so that authors can keep contributing to it long after its been published (assuming it gets published). Here are some ideas that I've already thought of, but feel free to contribute your own ideas. Each issue draft will obviously get its own thread, but any general discussions about the thread will be posted here. Issue drafts will work indipendantly of eachother, and be submitted at seperate times, so that way, if one single issue gets rejected, it won't necasserily mean that the whole chain does, and as long as the IEs agree to keep individual issues in reserve until there are enough drafts in reserve to establish context. There is no opt-in or opt-out option. Just write your own draft, create a thread for it, and tag it as part of this chain.

What do you guys think?

Here are some ideas we could write about:
-Brain drain exasserbated by the currency union
-Different levels of wealth
-Distribution of welfare and its impact on the currency union

We'd probably also have to create a bunch of specific NPCs who share a currency with @@NAME@@, because we can't assume that any player accounts share a currency with @@NAME@@. For the purpose of the issue, I guess we'll asdume that the other NPCs adopt the @@CURRENCY@@, because of how difficult it otherwise is to change such a custom field. Am I getting to far ahead of myself? Anyways, what do you guys think? If you're interested, register your interesting here, and I can start on an introductory issue soon
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 am

Sounds interesting. This is like what Brunei and Singapore have right?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:39 am

Honeydewistania wrote:Sounds interesting. This is like what Brunei and Singapore have right?

I think it's more in line with, say, the Eurozone, maybe? Or the US and other countries that use its dollar, like Papua New Guinea?

Regardless, this looks pretty interesting. I'm no good at writing issues, but I'm here for moral and personal editing support!

Edit: What would the chain be called? I know Brasilistan's is called "An International Incident".
Last edited by Atheris on Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Reutoa
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Reutoa » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:43 am

This is an interesting idea, I haven't made issues before but I will bookmark this so I can see the progress that will be made and possibly help with Editing. Good Luck to everyone!
The Presidential Republic of Reutoa
19 year old Rockefeller Republican, College Student studying History to be a Teacher, Former Campaign Aide, aspiring pescatarian

WELD 2020
"Every time you stand up for an ideal, you send forth a tiny ripple of hope."
-Senator Robert F. Kennedy

Every post made before August 2020 is not canon for this Nation.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Something like this could be interesting. I haven't the foggiest how such an issue chain would work, to be honest, but it's certainly an interesting idea. I'd be game if there looks like this seems tackle-able.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Return to Got Issues?