NATION

PASSWORD

Land of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC IV)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:26 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Also, since this is the 4th OOC thread. I shall give this.

LAND OF THE FREE: A NEW HOPE

If I could be bothered, I’d try and photoshop the characters into a poster

We need everyone OOC wise into a poster.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Also, since this is the 4th OOC thread. I shall give this.

LAND OF THE FREE: A NEW HOPE

Duuuuuuuun dun dun dun dun do do do do do do do do do do dooooo
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Um...I guess I picked a weird time to try to get back on as Congressman Larson. Someone told me a little bit about what's happened since I had to take a long hiatus from NS, such as some Wolf family developments, basically IRL developments regarding Soleimani and Iraq, Speaker Douglas resigning, a bill allowing states to legalize cannabis passing Congress...anything else I need to know before I try to get back into the swing of things? I'll try to be more active, but I'm starting a new job this week where I have off Thursday and Friday.
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:31 pm

Yaruqo wrote:Um...I guess I picked a weird time to try to get back on as Congressman Larson. Someone told me a little bit about what's happened since I had to take a long hiatus from NS, such as some Wolf family developments, basically IRL developments regarding Soleimani and Iraq, Speaker Douglas resigning, a bill allowing states to legalize cannabis passing Congress...anything else I need to know before I try to get back into the swing of things? I'll try to be more active, but I'm starting a new job this week where I have off Thursday and Friday.

Oh wow, it's awesome to have you back. I've got lousy memory but hopefully someone can give you a digest ASAP! We should probably have a wikia page for the timeline...
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:39 pm

Ahhh, new thread smell

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:40 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Ahhh, new thread smell

We need the smell of napalm in the morning.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:42 pm

Yaruqo wrote:Um...I guess I picked a weird time to try to get back on as Congressman Larson. Someone told me a little bit about what's happened since I had to take a long hiatus from NS, such as some Wolf family developments, basically IRL developments regarding Soleimani and Iraq, Speaker Douglas resigning, a bill allowing states to legalize cannabis passing Congress...anything else I need to know before I try to get back into the swing of things? I'll try to be more active, but I'm starting a new job this week where I have off Thursday and Friday.

Larson was gay correct? If so, he and Felix might have common interests

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:45 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:

Ooh, yeah, they should meet once you get caught up.

Also, speaking of, have you figured out Nez yet?
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Just out of curiosity, would the Bloomberg news channel still be called Bloomberg in LOTF?
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Titanne wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Larson was gay correct? If so, he and Felix might have common interests

Ooh, yeah, they should meet once you get caught up.

I was thinking of writing up a slice of life that hinted at her having some sort of female-female relationship in the past taking place during the recess, still have time to write that so I might, honestly it kind feels to me that she might not even realize herself that he ain't straight if I do end up writing anything about it, which on the plus side means a potential arc to write

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:01 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Titanne wrote:Ooh, yeah, they should meet once you get caught up.

I was thinking of writing up a slice of life that hinted at her having some sort of female-female relationship in the past taking place during the recess, still have time to write that so I might, honestly it kind feels to me that she might not even realize herself that he ain't straight if I do end up writing anything about it, which on the plus side means a potential arc to write

Huh, that seems like it'd be a really good story to tell.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:03 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:

Yeah, that's correct. And aw yes, double rainbow time!

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:05 pm

How long do bios have to be for auxillary characters? I'm curious since I'm about to start Damian Hayes' app.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:14 pm

So why did Speaker Douglas resign, and aside from Representative Simone, are there any other contenders for the Speakership so far?

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:14 pm

Yaruqo wrote:So why did Speaker Douglas resign, and aside from Representative Simone, are there any other contenders for the Speakership so far?

Representative Volker.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:14 pm

Yaruqo wrote:So why did Speaker Douglas resign, and aside from Representative Simone, are there any other contenders for the Speakership so far?

Representative Volker but it is unlikely he will be victorious
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:15 pm

ICly, I think it's a mixture between health and personal drive, and no - at present - Simone is the only candidate for the Democrats. Volker is up for the GOP, but that's like pissing in the wind.

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:How long do bios have to be for auxillary characters? I'm curious since I'm about to start Damian Hayes' app.

Well, it says like... minimum of three paras but I'd try to cover at least six.
Neoliberal

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:16 pm

Yaruqo wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Larson was gay correct? If so, he and Felix might have common interests

Yeah, that's correct. And aw yes, double rainbow time!

They're probably buddies, as they'd be co-chairs of the LGBT equality caucus.
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:16 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:

ICly, I think it's a mixture between health and personal drive, and no - at present - Simone is the only candidate for the Democrats. Volker is up for the GOP, but that's like pissing in the wind.

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:How long do bios have to be for auxillary characters? I'm curious since I'm about to start Damian Hayes' app.

Ok, however much you need.
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:18 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:

Ok, however much you need.

Well, you need to cover his childhood, the divorce, his military career, his subsequent career as a political operative, and then his own family. He has kids.
Neoliberal

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:20 pm

Spell “boy” properly on this thread. Does it look like Tumblr?
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Ineffectual, basically every power player in the Caucus was going to push him out if he didn’t quit

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:24 pm

WIP

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: The World Capitalist Confederation
Character Name: Damian Hayes
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 44
Character Height: 165cm
Character Weight: 50kg
Character Position/Role/Job: Lobbyist at John Edwards, a New York Lobbying Firm
Appearance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lamo ... politician)#/media/File:Official_portrait_of_John_Lamont_MP_crop_2.jpg
Character State of Origin: New York
Character State of Residence: New York
Character Party Affiliation: Independent, Leans Democrat
Main Strengths: Well-connected, moderate, seen as reasonable.
Main Weaknesses: Lobbyist, establishment, stuck between both parties.
Biography: (Minimum 2-3 paragraphs)
Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: The World Capitalist Confederation

Do Not Remove: 84721

Sanabel wrote:

Spell “boy” properly on this thread. Does it look like Tumblr?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:26 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:WIP
(Image)

Appearance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_D ... -_crop.jpg
Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: The World Capitalist Confederation

Sanabel wrote:Spell “boy” properly on this thread. Does it look like Tumblr?

That character model is like 70 years old

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:WIP
(Image)

Appearance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_D ... -_crop.jpg
Other Info:

That character model is like 70 years old

Yeah, my bad, I grabbed the wrong character model.
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse