NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:01 am

So who or what exactly is this "radical left" Trump keeps claiming he will defeat ? The centrists ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:10 am

The Alma Mater wrote:So who or what exactly is this "radical left" Trump keeps claiming he will defeat ? The centrists ?

The Radical Left can be anything you want it to be.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:15 am

The Alma Mater wrote:So who or what exactly is this "radical left" Trump keeps claiming he will defeat ? The centrists ?

anyone who refuses to hate logic near as i can tell.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:30 am

The boogeymen and boogeywomen.
Everything is intertwinkled

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:32 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
We, referring to the forum as a whole. And I already did. But putting someone on ignore doesn't hide it when someone else quotes them.

What are you, forum royalty?

How dare you speak for me!

Also, "Strong Rhetoric"? Don't make me laugh.

New Bremerton's stuff is heavily tainted with propaganda terms. I suggest that's the best avenue of attack. Either rebut or ignore the emotive shit, and beneath that NB has some major contradictions in their political philosophy.

Dismissing it all as "bullshit" is a weak-ass kind of "debate" which just calls on others stronger and braver than yourself to come to your defence.

And I won't come to your defense. New Bremerton is strong, I'm going to hang back and plan my moves. You're on your own girl.

It's supremely ironic that she finds my posts so offensive. I've had her on ignore ever since my feud with her over the site's coronavirus misinformation rule. The feeling is mutual. Also, I'm not the strongest debater. Novus, NGR, Hirota, Liri, Iffy, and yours truly are way better IMHO. But Vass isn't the topic here.

EDIT: Forgot to include Ostro.
Last edited by New Bremerton on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:07 am

The whole developments have become long disconnected from the original cause, and hijacked by professional activist groups.

Mount Rushmore should be blown up?

Trump (or rather his speech writer) has a point when he says that this is morphing into a marxist cultural revolution aimed at the destruction of the United States and that children are teached to hate their country, amongst other things such as cancel culture etc.

It was good and necessary that those things were said because now finally the enemy has been clearly named.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:09 am

New Bremerton wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
What are you, forum royalty?

How dare you speak for me!

New Bremerton's stuff is heavily tainted with propaganda terms. I suggest that's the best avenue of attack. Either rebut or ignore the emotive shit, and beneath that NB has some major contradictions in their political philosophy.

Dismissing it all as "bullshit" is a weak-ass kind of "debate" which just calls on others stronger and braver than yourself to come to your defence.

And I won't come to your defense. New Bremerton is strong, I'm going to hang back and plan my moves. You're on your own girl.

It's supremely ironic that she finds my posts so offensive. I've had her on ignore ever since my feud with her over the site's coronavirus misinformation rule. The feeling is mutual. Also, I'm not the strongest debater. Novus, NGR, Hirota, Liri, Iffy, and yours truly are way better IMHO. But Vass isn't the topic here.

Nice. I suggest that you're giving your opponents an easy way out, when you post a short essay.
Oxford debating is really not where's it at nowadays!
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:09 am

Nakena wrote:The whole developments have become long disconnected from the original cause, and hijacked by professional activist groups.

Trump (or rather his speech writer) has a point when he says that this is morphing into a marxist cultural revolution aimed at the destruction of the United States and that children are teached to hate their country, amongst other things such as cancel culture etc.

It was good and necessary that those things were said because now finally the enemy has been clearly named.

You're getting straw on the carpet.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:13 am

Nakena wrote:Trump (or rather his speech writer) has a point when he says that this is morphing into a marxist cultural revolution aimed at the destruction of the United States and that children are teached to hate their country, amongst other things such as cancel culture etc.

You mean what spokespersons like Trevor Noah said weeks ago ?
Well. At least people are starting to somewhat listen.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:15 am

Nakena wrote:The whole developments have become long disconnected from the original cause, and hijacked by professional activist groups.

Professional implies they're doing it for money. So tell us who is being paid. Tell us who is paying them.

I'm sure some lunatic on the internet has said that. Tell me who?

Well really. None of your buzzwords overcomes the impediment of using the Bushism "teached".

Sure, adults might be deluded about this or that. But stay away from the children.

"Cultural revolutionaries" is the lurid, propagandistic name you have chosen. But it is no more clear than a handful of shit thrown by a chimp.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:21 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:Professional implies they're doing it for money. So tell us who is being paid. Tell us who is paying them.

No. Profession means that it is their main profession.

Theres various NGO's and such. Bussing people somewhere etc across the country requires organization and dedication and financial resources.

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:I'm sure some lunatic on the internet has said that. Tell me who?

USA Today.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/06/30/mount-rushmore-cheyenne-sioux-river-tribe-removal-harold-frazier/5350231002/

"Cultural revolutionaries" is the lurid, propagandistic name you have chosen. But it is no more clear than a handful of shit thrown by a chimp.

No its a clearly evident and emergent trend.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:22 am

Nakena wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:Professional implies they're doing it for money. So tell us who is being paid. Tell us who is paying them.

Theres various NGO's and such. Bussing people somewhere etc across the country requires organization and dedication and financial resources.

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:I'm sure some lunatic on the internet has said that. Tell me who?

USA Today.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/06/30/mount-rushmore-cheyenne-sioux-river-tribe-removal-harold-frazier/5350231002/

So it's "cultural revolution" for an indigenous nation to have a problem with Americans blowing the top off a sacred site to effectively vandalise it like that?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:23 am

Vassenor wrote:-snip-

FYI: I have foelisted you months ago. So chances I reply to your posts are rather low. Just saying this here.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:30 am

Nakena wrote:USA Today.

So the rightful owners want to undo the defacing (or "facing") of their sacred landmark ?
And the problem with this is.... ?

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:02 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

So the rightful owners want to undo the defacing (or "facing") of their sacred landmark ?

So you admit theres no problem with this from your perspective? Yes?

Respond to my telegram first. Before I am considering to respond further to you here or elsewhere and take a look at what you said here, the implications of it, the issues with it and the historical and cultural signficance of Mount Rushmore. Which go far beyond the US for specific reasons.

Because right now it feels like wasted effort.
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:06 am

The Alma Mater wrote:

Well for one thing it's not even on that tribes traditional territory, but that of the lakota sioux.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:16 am

Nakena wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

I have no problem with undoing the damage done by vandals, yes. Even if said work looks magnificent.
If Banksy defaces my front door tomorrow I would still be well in my right to paint over it.

Respond to my telegram first.

I do not use the telegram system. Questions can be asked in the open.
(also, I have no telegrams from you)

Before I am considering to respond further to you here or elsewhere and take a look at what you said here, the implications of it, the issues with it and the historical and cultural signficance of Mount Rushmore. Which go far beyond the US for specific reasons.

Then do so. Because educating people and making them think is always a good thing. Even if I were to utterly ignore it, there is always a chance someone else will read it.

So never let such considerations hold you back.

Aclion wrote:Well for one thing it's not even on that tribes traditional territory, but that of the lakota sioux.

That is a fair point. What is the opinion of the lokata sioux then ?
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:32 am

The Alma Mater wrote:I have no problem with undoing the damage done by vandals, yes. Even if said work looks magnificent.
If Banksy defaces my front door tomorrow I would still be well in my right to paint over it.

Fine. You consider the USA and western civilization to be vandals? I mean you could make an argument with it. I know you hate christianity. So I do. But for a different reason probably. But alas I am not a liberal or a communist. So how about you, what makes you consider them vandals?

I hope it isn't european snobbery upon those americans, i am also european partially you know. As most americans. Funny thing that. So I can claim right to snob and bitch. Highly and proudly. *insert some hitler or degaulle rant about speciality of EVROPA* blub blub

But hey, you gotta give me some more.

Respond to my telegram first.
I do not use the telegram system. Questions can be asked in the open.
(also, I have no telegrams from you)

49 Days ago. No less. So decide, either you dont use TG or dont want to or feel unconfortable.

I mean come, you got the University of Planet flag. I mean i know where this is from. What does it means to you? Do you believe in mankind yes? Because this is where it gets relevant in the next post.

Then do so. Because educating people and making them think is always a good thing. Even if I were to utterly ignore it, there is always a chance someone else will read it.

So never let such considerations hold you back.

Because Mount Rushmore is going to be there for a very long time unless its destroyed by other, potentially even lesser cultured vandals in the name of some outburst. Like countless other monuments and places in history of man have been destroyed in similiar fashion. Like the Buddha statues in Afghanistan.

Always wondered who those people were?

They are in the streets of America, on Twitter and being featured in USA Today.

Yes indeed the absolute today's state of the USA. No less

Do you would say "cancel culture" is a higher culture than, for all its flaws and issues, than the one that created Mount Rushmore?
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:43 am

Nakena wrote:

Yeah, no. If you really must classify "activists" then a more appropriate label would be "volunteers". They spend their time and effort for no pay, to advance a cause.

Wouldn't you describe yourself the same way? I would. Advancing a cause is my hobby, not my profession.

USA Today.

Some Sioux called for it to blown up, and one threatened to do it with his own hands.

But you said BLM called for it, didn't you?

Yeah right. The Cultural Revolution was instigated by (the Chinese Communist) government, it obviously never exceeded the powers of the government to rein it in. The idea that an uprising happening now has the power of government behind it is absurd ... except to Deep State lunatics.

Are you one of them?

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:47 am

I laugh when Trump calls Joe Biden a puppet of the radical left. I guess in Trump world, radical left means:

•Wants to cut social security
•Supports mandatory drug sentencing and tough on crime laws
•Bombing the middle east for its oil and to please Israel and Saudi Arabia
•Saying he knew some white supremacists and they were good guys, "they never called me boy."
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:47 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Nakena wrote:

I have no problem with undoing the damage done by vandals, yes. Even if said work looks magnificent.

Within your rights, yes, and I acknowledge your point.

It would however be a foolish thing to do. Unhinge the door, install a new one, and keep the Banksy as an investment!

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:48 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:Some Sioux called for it to blown up, and one threatened to do it with his own hands.

LOL. I didn even mentioned BLM.

And you know that. And you know that I know. ;^)

Yeah right. The Cultural Revolution was instigated by (the Chinese Communist) government, it obviously never exceeded the powers of the government to rein it in. The idea that an uprising happening now has the power of government behind it is absurd ... except to Deep State lunatics.

Are you one of them?

hahaha no. Trump said, culture wars, culture revolution. It doesnt means necessarily the chinese one by Mao. You know that. I am Nak. Not Bremerton. Theres different posters. And there is different cultural revolutions. Like the counterculture of the 1960s was one, or the reagan revolution. Maybe. But you get the idea. Its a general term ya know?
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:48 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Yeah, no. If you really must classify "activists" then a more appropriate label would be "volunteers". They spend their time and effort for no pay, to advance a cause.

Wouldn't you describe yourself the same way? I would. Advancing a cause is my hobby, not my profession.

USA Today.

Some Sioux called for it to blown up, and one threatened to do it with his own hands.

Are you one of them?

People who are more scared of Antifa than they are of Trump, his crazy fanbase and our government in general got it all twisted. Antifa can break your windows while the government can send you to prison or worse for having the wrong ideas.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:50 am

Aclion wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Well for one thing it's not even on that tribes traditional territory, but that of the lakota sioux.

The Cheyenne and Sioux have long been allies and share many similar culture heritage sites and religious beliefs. I'm pretty sure the Lakota aren't fond of Mount Rushmore either.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:51 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Are you one of them?

People who are more scared of Antifa than they are of Trump, his crazy fanbase and our government in general got it all twisted. Antifa can break your windows while the government can send you to prison or worse for having the wrong ideas.

I mean... I don't see antifa beating/gassing/shooting innocent citizens in broad daylight do you?
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General