NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] A Day for @@NAME@@.

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Hexus Manius
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED] A Day for @@NAME@@.

Postby Hexus Manius » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:46 pm

[title] A Day for @@NAME@@.

[validity] Large military or greater, Average Civil Rights or greater.

[description] It is @@DENONYM@@ Founding Day, and the voices are surging, fireworks are streaming through the air, and in the halls of the forefathers officials haven't a clue what they are celebrating.

[option] "It has come to my attention that we don't have a reason for celebrating this Founding Day," your estranged relative Kyss-Yoh Ross states. "So," he continues, "why shouldn't today be all about you, our beloved head of reason?"

[effect] The citizens of @@NAME@@ are willing to waltz to death every year for you.

[option] Shoving him aside, General Couper In'Sarge salutes, "Under your decree, Founding Day shall be a day for the @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ who serve and die to defend our great nation-state!"

[effect] Powerful parades prevent passerby passages perennially.

[option] Bleary-eyed, @@RANDOMNAME@@ interjects, "Why shouldn't Founding Day be about us, the people? We at home work hard day in and day out, and deserve a break from the world."

[effect] You stand with the people, waiting warmly for the future.
Last edited by Hexus Manius on Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Alright, a few issues.

It’s @@DENONYM@@, not @@NAMEPOSSESSIVE@@.

And, not amd.

It’s effect, not fallout.

The first letter of effects are lowercase, not uppercase.

It should be @@DENONYMPLURAL@@, not @@DENONYM@@.

It’s @@RANDOMNAME@@, not @@randomname@@.

I also don’t know why the military requirement is necessary. Maybe a low pacifist score instead?
Last edited by Minskiev on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Hexus Manius
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hexus Manius » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:26 pm

Minskiev wrote:Alright, a few issues.

It’s @@DENONYM@@, not @@NAMEPOSSESSIVE@@.

And, not amd.

It’s effect, not fallout.

The first letter of effects are lowercase, not uppercase.

It should be @@DENONYMPLURAL@@, not @@DENONYM@@.

It’s @@RANDOMNAME@@, not @@randomname@@.

I also don’t know why the military requirement is necessary. Maybe a low pacifist score instead?

Fixed the grammatical errors as well as the formatting errors. It's a large military on the basis that a nation would not wish to parade around a small military, showing the world it is weak.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:43 pm

Are you trying to imply that @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ are sufficiently incapable of coming up with a good reason by themselves to celebrate @@NAME@@'s independence day that they need the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ government to tell them what they're supposed to be commemorating? Different people celebrate different holidays for different reasons; it is not the job of the government to tell people whether (for instance) Christmas is supposed to be about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ or spending as much as you can on presents while eating as much roast turkey as you can.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Be careful of overlap with #831, which asks very similar questions about "how to go about a national celebration".
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Hexus Manius
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hexus Manius » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:59 pm

SherpDaWerp wrote:Be careful of overlap with #831, which asks very similar questions about "how to go about a national celebration".

Ah. Didnt know that existed. It basically is my draft but complete and better. On an unrelated note, do i just leave this post to drift, or is there a way to say, stop having it as a draft?

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:02 pm

Hexus Manius wrote:
SherpDaWerp wrote:Be careful of overlap with #831, which asks very similar questions about "how to go about a national celebration".

Ah. Didnt know that existed. It basically is my draft but complete and better. On an unrelated note, do i just leave this post to drift, or is there a way to say, stop having it as a draft?

If you change [DRAFT] in the title to [ABANDONED] or something similar, that will let people know that you're no longer actively pursuing feedback on that draft. No need to delete it, it will just drift down into the depths of GI.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:04 pm

Hexus Manius wrote:

If you wish to let people know you're no longer working on a draft change "[DRAFT]" to "[ABANDONED]" in the title of the OP.

EDIT: Ninja'd by SherpDaWerp.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?