NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal Resolution #198 “Preventing Multiple Trials”

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:35 am

Varanius wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"It absolutely is, ambassador. Having the power to try repeatedly to get a conviction to stick sounds great in theory, but in practice it is a tool to abuse and silence a populace. If people are provably guilty, then prosecution ought to be simple. If it is not, perhaps they are not so provably guilty."

That simply isn’t true. New evidence does come to light, especially with the advancements of forensic sciences. Not to mention the incompetence of police and prosecutors that you mentioned earlier.

"Incompetenceis not worth accommodating. New evidence calls for a remanded trial, not a new trial. There is again, a difference."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:16 am

Godular wrote:“Fundamentally opposed.”

Oh yeah. Real helpful suggestion you got there
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am

Varanius wrote:
Godular wrote:“Fundamentally opposed.”

Oh yeah. Real helpful suggestion you got there

“A ‘helpful suggestion’ implies that there is an aspect of this proposal that can be helped. The fundamental basis of this proposal is rejected, and my ‘suggestion’ is to save us all the trouble and dispense with this proposal... preferably into a shredder.”
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 am

Godular wrote:
Varanius wrote:Oh yeah. Real helpful suggestion you got there

“A ‘helpful suggestion’ implies that there is an aspect of this proposal that can be helped. The fundamental basis of this proposal is rejected, and my ‘suggestion’ is to save us all the trouble and dispense with this proposal... preferably into a shredder.”

Well, I’d like to personally thank you for deciding your input was worth that of the entire GA, and taking it upon yourself to universally reject this proposal for everyone. However, next time, if you feel to voice your unspecified grievances so desperately, try a suggestion box or a diary. And if you find it so heinous, write something better. Please do write any GA Resolution, at all, to prove your superior knowledge
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:10 pm

Varanius wrote:
Godular wrote:

Well, I’d like to personally thank you for deciding your input was worth that of the entire GA, and taking it upon yourself to universally reject this proposal for everyone. However, next time, if you feel to voice your unspecified grievances so desperately, try a suggestion box or a diary. And if you find it so heinous, write something better. Please do write any GA Resolution, at all, to prove your superior knowledge

"I do find myself somewhat amused at your claim that I am presuming to speak for the entirety of the General Assembly when declaring our opposition to this fetid pile of mulch. I also find it amusing that you would bring this proposal up in a forum as public as the General Assembly chamber and then require that we keep our thoughts to ourselves. To both of these things I say: 'Oh my, but you are ADORABLE!'.

"I do not find the legislation targeted by this proposal to be lacking in any means that would necessitate a repeal, and I find your reasoning for this appeal to be both flawed and disingenuous. Moreover, you have proven to me with your commentary just now that you are spiteful, thin-skinned, and potentially belligerent. Thanks to this, you have caused me to double down on my position to the point that I will actively work against this proposal, all thanks to your robust argumentation.

"I do indeed mean my 'helpful suggestion' to dispense with this proposal with the utmost of perspicacity. Its future is most bleak, and it would be better to end its run on the writer's terms rather than let it suffer."
Last edited by Godular on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:05 pm

This looks like a great repeal. Let's get it up for a vote!
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:31 am

Big Bad Badger wrote:This looks like a great repeal. Let's get it up for a vote!

OOC: What about it is great in your opinion?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly