NATION

PASSWORD

Nach-Exil Joint Occupation Negotiation [FanT/IC/Private]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:11 am

Dietrich chuckled under his own gasmask at Angelika's comment, knowing full well how uncomfortable gasmasks could be. He did, afterall, wear one at almost all times and the earlier models, the Baghead Vr. 1 for example, had been far, far, far more uncomfortable, most likely comparable to the trash the Nachfolgians wore.

"I am sure they were never intended to be worn comfortably. Alas, I do not believe that these masks will plague you for long. We are afterall well aware of the limitations such impose upon our daily activities and try our best to create spaces where the wearing of such masks is unnecessary due to well filtrated air."

Behind Dietrich, in the front window, the castle quickly started growing in size as they approached it, soon eclipsing the sky and blotting out what little sunlight filtered through the fumes that hung above Exilvania. It grew considerably darker in the car as the ever greater mansions on both sides of the road made it feel like they were in fact driving through a narrow valley, a crack in a plateau of gothic spires and domes at the bottom of which was a well maintained road.

Dietrich, of whom little more than the green glowing eyes of his mask were visible as well as the occasionally glint of silver on his uniform when a ray of light found its way into the car, said little during that trip. It was only when they passed through the gates and turned into what appeared to be an underground garage, that he finally broke the silence:

"I hope you know what you have agreed to, Fräulein Oberste Führerin.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:24 am

Angelika glanced out the window of the limo as the cab started to darken. Exilvanian was already dark due to the high concentration of pollutants in the air, having no means to rid themselves of the naturally occurring hazardous gases. The towering Victorian architecture, however, was blocking out what was left of the sunlight, turning the inside of the limousine almost pitch black. All that Angelika could see of Haegler was the green glow of his gasmask.

The darkness of the cab and not being table to see her Exilvanian counterparts made her feel a little on edge. She wasn't able to read Haegler's movements and know what he was doing, if anything at all. Even though she was almost certain that Haegler wouldn't actively betray her a second time after how forgiving she had been, that thought was always in the back of her mind. Haegler has a precedence for just skirting the edge of Angelika's temper and mercilessness.

Haegler's question brought her full attention to the darkness around her. Even though she could not see his face or watch his lips move, his words stuck with her.

I hope you know what you have agreed to, Fräulein Oberste Führerin?

That question stuck with Angelika as it was one she had heard before. Many of her kinsmen had proposed the same question numerous times during her preparation. Their concerns were voiced and grew louder as they constantly reminded her of their previous treachery. Her uncle, her cousin, and even Heith pleaded for her to reconsider traveling to Exilvania.

The only one who didn't seem concerned was her youngest brother, Maximilian, who was oddly excited that she was having this opportunity. He even wished that he would go with her to experience the Exilvanian political game. It was that reason that she did not take him with her. Angelika was concerned about her brother's political ambitions. Regardless of anyone else's opinions, Angelika was going to honor the Nach-Exil treaty agreement.

" I assure you, Herr Reichskommadant, I have the full intention of seeing these trials through. You of all people should know how determined and persistent I can be." Angelika said, looking in Haegler's direction through the darkness.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:15 am

"Perhaps I should."

, Dietrich chuckled lightly as the underground passage widened into a great and well lit garage, casting its light into the limousine and illuminating both him and Angelika again.

"Your bravery is commendable, Oberste Führerin. Let us hope that both your wit and your strength are at its level."

The hooded person in the front was first to leave, opening and holding up the door for Angelika and Dietrich, the latter of which just went "Ladies first." with an inviting gesture. Behind them the other limousine pulled into the garage, coming to a stop just behind them though neither Schattenkrag nor Etheltryth held the doors open for the Nachfolgians who had travelled with them.

The underground parking lot was spacious. Clean. A great concrete platform, with conrete pillars supporting a fairly low ceiling. On two sides there were no walls, instead just a metal railing and from there one could look out into a large underground cavern, the sounds of a roaring underground river beneat and the sight of hundreds of bats hanging above. The garage itself appeared to be quite full. Many limousines of different age and making were parked there. But in terms of people? Not a single soul other than them.

Dietrich was about to guide Angelika and the entire entourage towards a door, a well lit green EXIT sign above it, when he suddenly stopped before slowly turning around on his heels towards Angelika, asking:

"Say, is it just me or may you have not brought any luggage with you?"

Indeed, as far as Dietrich was aware, she had not. Atleast he had seen neither her, nor her Schildmädchen nor her cousin bring anything off the ship with them or seen anyone else leave the ship. This was of course unacceptable, considering that Angelika and her entourage would be within Exilvania for no short time. With a sigh he pointed at Etheltryth, saying:

"Well then, since you are to serve the Oberste Führerin's personal servant, I recommend you fetch her belongings from her ship."

Etheltryth remained where she was, merely saying with a tiny hint of venomous spite in her voice:

"Where the Oberste Führerin will be going she won't be needing any luggage."

Dietrich, obviously annoyed, massaged his forehead, driving his knuckles occasionally over the bridge of his nose as he did so while saying:

"And you do not decide how soon she will begin or how much she will need untill then. So unless you want to take care of a lot more things in a much more personal manner, I recommend you fetch. Her. Luggage."

Etheltryth stared Dietrich down for what felt almost like another minute...then she turned on her heel and walked back to the car. Dietrich's face immediately flicked over towards Schattenkrag and he said harshly:

"You do the same. It's your job as well. And keep an eye on her."

Schattenkrag just rolled her eyes in annoyance before turning around as well and following Etheltryth back towards the cars. They would take the limousine they had come with. Meanwhile Dietrich, being left with Angelika, the hooded person and whoever else was still there, bowed slightly before the Oberste Führerin and apologized:

"My sincerest apologies Oberste Führerin. A terrible oversight on my part. That I did not notice sooner is a poor first impression. I hope to be able to improve on your overall impression in the future."

He then took her hand, and asking:

"May I?"

, before leading her onwards, out through the exit and into an elevator that would have allowed all of them to squeeze in there. The elevator was a simple thing with metal walls, a small board with buttons where to pick one's destination, a mirror wall and a single light in the ceiling. No music was played throughout the trip they had after Dietrich, with the practiced ease of someone who had done this for years on an almost daily basis, pushed the with the number 2 on it. A light, which had previously been at the number -6, now moved up the numbers one by one untill finally reaching the fabled number 2, a ping sound being heard in the elevator as they reached their destination and the heavy steel doors opened.

They opened into what appeared to be a well decorated victorian corridor. Although the general colour scheme was kept dark, with dark, heavy reds all over the place. Electric light was used sparingly, not too obvious but where it was used it appeared to be at full brightness settings. Chandeliers and candleholders featured lamps and small lightbulbs instead of actually candles with flickering flames, thus casting a much stronger, much more steady light on the walls. Dietrich, still holding Angelika's hand lightly, led them a little down the corridor before pushing open a door to their left, revealing a richly decorated salon. In a corner there was a piano. Another featured a roaring fireplace with several armchairs arranged before it. The centre of the room held a low table, surrounded by more armchairs and diwans with small sidetables where to put glasses and drinks under normal circumstances.

It was here that Dietrich led Angelika, finally letting go of her hand, so as to point at a diwan, complimenting her into it:

"I thought it best to provide for a more...relaxed atmosphere. You must be tired after your journey afterall. And hungry too but not to worry, my servants will bring the food soon enough."

Dietrich himself almost sat down in an armchair in front of her...but then stopped before getting up again and moving to a cupboard off to the side. Retrieving a pair of glasses and a bottle, he quickly returned to the armchair, sitting down this time and setting the glasses down on the low table between them. Pouring some of the beverage into them before taking his own glass. He said:

"A heavy Borgougné red wine. 176 vintage. Your neighbours make them quite well. I do hope you will keep the winemakers and their regions in peace? The world would lose quite something if they were to...vanish."

He chuckled, lifting the glass towards Angelika for a toast:

"On you and your success in the upcoming trials, Oberste Führerin."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:19 pm

" Danke, Herr Reichskommadant." Angelika said as she stepped out of the limo into the parking garage. She glanced around the parking deck and noticed plenty of luxurious cars, but absolutely no people. She and her entourage followed behind Haegler with Angelika ahead of her kinsmen. When Haegler abruptly turned around on a dime, Angelika immediately stopped to avoid walking into him and even jumped back a little bit. She didn't not expect him to suddenly turn around and present a question to her.

" Ah, my luggage. You would be correct, Herr Reichskommadant. Since I do not know when I will be staying, they were left on my yacht."

Angelika watched as Haegler instructed his subordinates to fetch her luggage from the boat, much to their displeasure. She in turn, instructed Sæunn to go with the two Exilvanians. They would need a Nachfolgian present to get them anywhere near the Yacht, let alone on it. Sæunn immediately obeyed the orders of her Oberste Führerin and followed the Xers into the other limo.

" No need to be too hard on yourself, Herr Reichskommadant. We all make mistakes." Angelika replied, reassuring that Haegler's apology was unnecessary. She then took the man's hand without any objection. She knew how much he tried to be a gentleman towards her at every opportunity and wanted to oblige him as much as possible. At least this foreign dignitary knew how to treat people of power with respect, unlike many that Angelika has met in the past.

Angelika and Luca followed Haegler's lead as they got into a nearby elevator. The elevator took them to an upper floor of the manor. The hallway seemed just as dark and victorian-esque as the exterior of the manor. She continued to be led by Haelger as he took them to a room down the hall. The room was a very fancy sitting room with various ornate chairs and side tables. The decor was Victorian in every sense of other word, just like the manor itself.

Angelika took her seat as Haegler motioned for herself to do so as he told her that food will be here soon. Luca waiting to sit until she sat down first.

" Excellent, I can't wait to sample Exilvanian cuisine once again. The trip has been rather taxing as I am not used to sea travel. Usually when I visit other countries, it is by aircraft. The yacht trip was an interesting change of pace."

Angelika watched as Haegler went to a cupboard and pulled out a bottle of wine and two glasses. He poured her a drink and then one for himself, telling her where it came from. She chuckled a bit at his quip about sparing the Romance Republic just on their wine making skill alone, taking her glass from him.

" I'll be sure to save a few crates for posterity." Angelika said sarcastically. She then sniffed her glass of wine and swirled it around in the glass to get a good grasp on the aroma and viscosity of the wine. This is not a wine that virtually non-existent in the Reich. Romance products have been barred from entering Nachfolgia for nearly 70 years now.

" To the glory of our alliance...Skål." Angelika said as she toasted alongside Haegler.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:37 pm

Both Schattenkrag and Etheltryth were already at the limousine by the time Saeunn joined them, Etheltryth already sitting at the steering wheel with the engine on while Schattenkrag was only just getting in. Both of them looked her way when she came into sight though they reacted quite differently. Etheltryth let the engine rev up, most likely intending to drive away right before her nose while Schattenkrag merely gestured for her to wait, the one eye of hers that wasn't covered by her mask staring Saeunn down as she approached.

"You are late."

, she remarked gruffly as Saeunn had caught up to them. She didn't bother opening a door for Saeunn, trusting her to be old enough to get into a car herself.

"I recommend fastening your seatbelt. The Ordo Crudelitatis operatives are known to be rather-"

, Schattenkrag didn't get any further than that as Etheltryth hit the gas fully at that point in time, the old limousine roaring to life as though it was possessed by some demon and quite literally jumping forward due to the sudden acceleration, throwing all of them back into their seats. Schattenkrag held on to her seat tightly, her gloved fingers digging deep into the soft leather of the seat, doubtlessly ruining it. Alas, she had every reason to be nervous, given Etheltryth's driving style.

It was fast, it was erratic and plenty dangerous. Etheltryth seemed to enjoy driving straight and building speed for as long as possible before taking the turns in the most abrupt way one could possibly imagine, most likely throwing Sauenn through half the car if she hadn't taken Schattenkrag's warning seriously. But, while one could certainly argue over wether Etheltryth's style was necessary, it was most certainly efficient. After multiple near death experiences they stopped with screeching tires on the pier where Angelika's yacht was still tied to the pollers, waiting and silently shaking on the waves. It had taken them less than a quarter of the time they had spent when first heading towards the Schreckensfeste from here.

The harbour looked quite different by now. Most of the onlookers had by now dispersed or more likely been dispersed forcefully. Most of the guards had also vanished. Granted, their presence had been mostly ceremonial anyway. Which didn't mean that all of the guards were gone. The port, as a strategically important area, had military sentries and patrols guarding it at all times. And Angelika's yacht had received special attention, two hulking Vets standing at the ramp that led on deck as well as multiple grunts patrolling the pier itself. Both Etheltryth and Schattenkrag were well aware, that this was not the full extent of the security measures. Only the outwardly visible one, meant to be protective and threatening to the Nachfolgians. Some form of heavy firepower was most definitely aimed at the yacht from somewhere to blow it to kingdom come should the situation or Dietrich require it.

The women, upon leaving the limousine, would be immediately recognised by the guards present, several of them saluting before Schattenkrag while ignoring Etheltryth's presence and casting glances at Saeunn. Schattenkrag, a little bit shaky on her legs after this ride, took the salutes and answered them in kind, muttering:

"I am driving on the way back, you hear me...fuck, I am not cut out for high mobility warfare..."

Atleast she didn't have to puke, though she had to double over for a bit, breathing hard for a while and trying to get her bearing again. Meanwhile Etheltryth finally seemed to recognise Saeunn's presence again, invitingly pointing at the ramp to the yacht with her arm, saying mockingly:

"Well, what are you waiting for? Do your magic or do you want to tell me we had to take you with us for nothing?"

"Prosit, Oberste Führerin, prosit."

, Dietrich toasted again in return, their glasses meeting in the air and their 'cling' filling the room for a moment. Though before Angelika could bring her own glass to her lips, the cool liquor wetting them, Dietrich put his own glass down on the table again before standing up and bowing before Luca, apologetically saying:

"Ah, I must apologize to you Hauptsturmführer Hölderlin. How careless of me to forget you. Let me rectify this mistake."

And with that he was already up again and back to the cupboard where he'd gotten the first glasses from, retrieving another one just like them and bringing it to the table. The bottle was still open and he swiftly filled the glass with the very same liquor he and Angelika had, the good old 176 vintage Bourgogné. He offered the glass to Luca, saying:

"I do hope your mask does not restrict your ability to drink too much, Hauptsturmführer Hölderlin? Then again, the gesture counts during a toast, not wether the liquor is actually gone at the end."

Picking up his own glass again, Dietrich raised it in Luca's direction, stating:

"On your cousin's safe return. And a relaxing stay for yourself."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:37 am

Sæunn ignored Schattenkrag's late comment and got into the limo next to the Xer. She managed to buckle her seat belt just in time for Etheltryth to speed down the road. While Schattenkrag seemed to hate the drive back to the yacht, Sæunn looked totally unfazed by it. She sat completely still in the leather seat and the parts of her face not covered did not flench or twitch. She remained totally emotionless and serene as she had been since arriving in Exilvania. It put into question what exactly happens to a Nachfolgian when becoming a Schildmädchen, given how extremely calm Sæunn was being when her life was in danger.

It didn't take long for the trio to make it back to the docks which were now mostly deserted. The only people in the docks were Exilvanian Heavy Grunts conducting regular patrols. The skid in front of yacht brought the attention of the SS guards and the other Schildmädchen onboard, prompting them to run to the railing and ready themselves against whatever threat this was. Seeing Sæunn exit the limo with the two Xers did little to ease their minds as they couldn't be too sure about any threat the Xers pose. Their new allies already had a track record of betrayal and there was no telling if they'd continue the trend.

Sæunn trailed behind Etheltryth and Schattenkrag as they confronted the two Exilvanian grunts guarding the ramp to the yacht. The guards seemed to only salute Schattenkrag while ignoring The Ordo agent in front of them, maybe not knowing who she really was. Sæunn knew that the Ordo Crudelitatis were a secret order, but she didn't think that they were so secret that others in their military didn't know of their existence. Sæunn ignored Schattenkrag's wooziness and glanced over at Etheltryth who once again made a terse comment to Sæunn, suggesting their travel back to the docks was for naught.

The Schildmädchen simply looked at Etheltryth for a few moments before responding in her own terse manner.

" Wait here." She said before walking past the Xer Grunts and up the ramp. The two SS guards at the top of the ramp, barely moved as Sæunn walked past them. They knew a Schildmädchen when they saw one and allowed her unabated access to the yacht. Instead, the two Nachfolgians continued their watch, staring intensely at the backs of the Xer grunts mere yards away from them. Just past the SS guards, Sæunn was confronted by a few of her sisters-in-arms, the Schildmädchen that were also assigned to the Oberste Führerin's guard during the trip.

" [Sæunn, what are you doing back here? Where is the Oberste Führerin?] " One red-headed Schildmädchen asked, flanking by two other Schildmädchen.

"[ The Oberste Führerin has ordered me to retrieve her luggage. She is under the protection of Hauptsturmführer Hölderlin for the time being. Ragneid, you and Ylva help me with the luggage. Torgärd, provide security for us along with the SS guards.]" Sæunn ordered her fellow Schildmädchen to which they followed to the letter. Sæunn took two of the Schildmädchen below deck to the Oberste Führurin's room while the other Schildmädchen gathered some SS guards at the ramp.

Sæunn and her sisters-in-arms weaved through the hallways of the large yacht. The Nachfolgians bulit yacht, one of the largest of the Reich, has more than twenty room above and below deck. While most housed the guards and other military assets, The Oberste Führerin's room was as far below deck as possible to maximize her security and ease of escape if the yacht was attacked.

Just past the half submerged room that housed the Oberste Führurin's escape submarine, the Schildmädchen made it to the Oberste Führurin's private room. Two large reinforced doors, two SS guards, and two ceiling turrets guarded the largest room on the yacht. The SS guards opened the doors as the Schildmädchens walked up to them. The room itself was what you'd expect from a room owned by a national leader. It was large, spacious, and provided many luxuries to the Oberste Führerin. Large King size bed, personal bath, and even a small pool to provide some relaxation for the Nachfolgian leader.

The Oberste Führerin's luggage was already sitting on the bed, packed by herself before docking in Exilvania. The Schildmädchen quickly picked up the six large suitcases and headed back to the upper deck. Once up top, Sæunn and the Schildmädchens immediately walked off the yacht towards the limo. The SS guards kept watch from the yacht, making sure the Xers didn't make any sudden moves that would result in a gunfight. The Schildmädchens put the luggage in the truck, barely fitting all the suitcases in the back.

" [Wait for any further orders from me or the Oberste Führurin.]" Sæunn said to her fellow Schildmädchen to which they immediately walked back to the yacht. Sæunn then turned her attention to Schattenkrag and Etheltryth who were watching the whole thing.

" Let's go. Our superiors are waiting for us." Sæunn said before getting into the limo.

Before Angelika brought the glass to her lips, she caught sight of Haegler setting his down on the table. Being a little concerned about this act, she slowly brought the glass down to her lap. Then she noticed the reason why he didn't immediately drink from his glass.

Much to both Luca and Angelika's surprised, Haegler apologized to Luca for not considering he wanted a drink as well. Even though he was a lesser officer, Luca was still a guest of Haegler's and thus treated the same as her. Luca looked as moody as always as Haegler tried to prepare him a drink. Angelika, on the other hand, was very much amused by the display. It seems that in Haegler's attempt to be a good host, he neglected to pay attention to detail. In this instance, Luca's metal facemask being rather permanent and immoveable. Angelika smirked as she watch the scene unfold, thinking about how naive Haegler can be at times.

Luca remained silent as he reluctantly took the glass of liqueur from Haegler. He looked at the glass and then back at Angelika who was giving him a look suggested that he'd play nice with the Exilvanian. Luca furrowed his brow before returning his gaze back at the drink and then to the host.

" I...appreciate the gesture, Herr Reichskommadant, but I simply can not drink normally due to the replacement mask." Luca said as he held onto the glass as to not offend Haegler.

" You could say that his new face is rather permanently fixed to the skeletal structure of his skull. These mechanical replacements are common among Nachfolgian veterans injured in war. Either way, dear cousin, you can still toast with us as a sign of respect." Angelika chimed in, still amused by the situation.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun May 17, 2020 6:54 am

Both of the Exilvanians seemed to be in a good condition when Saeunn returned, with Schattenkrag clearly having recovered from her prior nausea and leaning against the side of the car, arms crossed before her chest and watching the Nachfolgians as they approached. Her red eye followed them and so did the snail like 'eye' of her mask. Realizing that the Schildmädchen were ignoring her and heading straight for the trunk to stow away their mistress' plentiful luggage, she pushed herself off the limo and walked around it, cutting in front of the Schildmädchen and making it to the truck which she unlocked for them, opening it so they could stow the luggage away.

She watched them in silence, her unmasked eye betraying only one emotion. Contempt.

"I hope you know what you are doing with that vain bitch, Reichskommandant..."

, she muttered under her barely. Inrecognizable to the Schildmädchen unless their headgear provided them with sound magnification. When the Schildmädchen were finished, it was Schattenkrag who closed the trunk again. Though it didn't go without a hitch as they had stuffed the trunk almost too full and it just didn't want to close. Sighing once, she solved the issue by jumping in the air and putting all her weight onto her arms, allowing her to force the trunk shut with an audible click.

"Well then saddle up ladies. The doors are already unlocked."

, was all she said in reply to Saeunn's urging. Schattenkrag hurried towards the driver's door immediately, albeit making sure to not start actually running and instead merely taking especcially long steps. She did not want to have to argue with Etheltryth over the driver's seat and already breathed out in relief when she reached the door first. However, when she opened the door and took a look around, she noticed that Etheltryth was actually nowhere near her. Which seemed odd as she'd have thought the Ordo Crudelitatis agent would have enjoyed putting her through another drive. But something else seemed to have garnered the attention of Etheltryth, seeing as Schattenkrag just saw her vanishing into the limousine's back where Saeunn had taken her seat before.

Suspicion arose in Schattenkrag and she was about to turn around and haul Etheltryth out of the passengers' cabin...but she didn't. If Etheltryth was up to something unsavoury then she didn't want to have to see it and it would only be Saeunn, some faceless bodyguard made to die for their mistress, that would be harmed. Besides, it allowed her to have the driver's cabin all to herself and not have to bear Etheltryth's presence.

Humming happily, the sniper got into the car, started the engine and put them on a course towards the Schreckensfeste in a speedy yet not neckbreaking pace.

Before Saeunn could close the door behind her, a hand grabbed a hold of it, holding it open for another passenger to come in. Given the glove, it was already clear who it was so it was probably not surprising when the hooded Etheltryth ducked in through the door,shutting the door behind her. She quickly picked the seat right next to Saeunn and, when Saeunn wanted to close and fasten her seatbelt as she had last time, she would suddenly find Etheltryth's hand on hers, the assassin merely saying:

"That will be unnecessary. The Reichskommandant's lackey is driving this time."

She then let go off Saeunn's hand and asked:

"Say...were you deployed to Yeuzuishan recently?"

"I see Herr Hölderlin, I see. Such a great sacrifice for your cousin and country. Such a tragedy..."

Dietrich put one of his hands on Luca's shoulder, squeezing it. Not a strong squeeze, even if Dietrich could probably squeeze hard enough to break Luca's bones there. No, a simple comradely squeeze.

"...that I will have to put you down more violently."

As Dietrich said those words to him, Luca would suddenly feel a prick in his side. Dietrich had gotten this close, put his arm onto him, talked to him, solely to distract him. Meanwhile his other hand had produced what looked like a syringe from one of his pockets and rammed it straight into Luca's side. The liquid in the syringe appeared to be clear as Dietrich pushed it in and Luca could feel the effects rightaway. It was acting very quickly and spread across his entire side. A creeping cold that first made him shiver uncontrollably before his body went limp. And he couldn't get away from Dietrich, who's grip on his shoulder remained, still not squeezing but as unbreakable as iron as he kept Luca standing while his limbs gave way under him and the world slowly went dark around him.

Dietrich heard the all too familiar sound of a gun being cocked right behind him. Of course, Angelika wouldn't just sit there and let him do whatever he wanted with her cousin. Besides, she did have plenty of reasons to be distrustful of him and even fear for her own life and safety now that he had just attacked her brother. Dietrich decided to not make any sudden moves so as to not anger her further or make her shoot reflexively.

The glass fell out of Luca's fingers as they went limp, shattering on the floor and spilling its expensive contents across it. When Luca's body and will had finally lost the struggle against the drug, the Reichskommandant who had remained frozen in his pose kept him hanging like a sack of potatoes.

"A shame really. The wine is quite good and passing out with its taste on one's lips is much better than this. Not to mention I wasted a full glass of it in a fruitless attempt to get him to drink it."

He moved his head slightly to look down at the mess on the floor.

"I'm also going to have to have the carpet cleaned and my drugged glass replaced with a new one."
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Sun May 17, 2020 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed May 27, 2020 7:09 am

Sæunn felt the resistance on her car door and let go, allowing it to swing open. To her surprise and not surprise, Etheltryth climbed into the car behind her. The Exilvanian hastily taking a seat right next to her, Sæunn felt a little on edge. She knew quite well that the Xers could not be trusted, especially after their attempted kidnapping of her charge. So she held quite a bit of contempt for the Reich's supposed allies. Nachfolgians have died because of the Xers' foolish endeavor and she was not going to forget that.

Etheltryth's sudden grab of Sæunn's hand nearly caused her to react violently. She had to restrain herself from activating her blade and running the Xer through in a fraction of a second. She would have revelled in the moment of killing her, considering their history together. She knew who Etheltryth was and had personal experience with her, which made the even of the Xer's question predictable.

Sæunn remembered that day quite well and it seemed the Xer did as well, having her suspicions of who the Nachfolgian before her was. She remembered the fight with the Ordo Crudelitatis and the rush to protect the Oberste Führerin. She especially remembered Etheltryth's face when she tackled her and the...horrid kiss. It was something Sæunn never experienced with another woman and she hoped she never had to experience it again.

" I was. As were you...if I remember correctly." Sæunn replied. Her memory was correct, as it always was.

Dietrich Haegler was becoming more predictable the more him and Angelika interacted with each other. His aggressive action was plausible and even expected at this particular time and Angelika was prepared. Unfortunately for Luca, he was to be the bait as she expected Haelger to get rid of her protection first. As much as she loved her cousin, it was a good thing it wasn't her Schildmädchen that would take the brunt of the attack. As soon as he produced the syringe, Angelika sprang into action.

Angelika stood up from her seat, spilling her wine onto the floor. Swiftly reaching into her coat, she produced her personal handgun and leveled it at Haegler. This was done well before Luca fell unconscious who had tried to pull his own firearm, but failing to as his basic motor functions declined. As Haegler would turn around, he would spot the all to familiar cold stare from Angelika, a woman he insists on pissing off time and again.

" I'd be more worried about your blood staining the carpet and not the wine." Angelika said coldly.

She then shook her head in disappointment.

" You just don't know when to behave, Herr Reichskommadant. Time and again, you make me want to just shoot you in the head and be done with it. But...I know it would take more than one to do that. I would ask why go through all the trouble to dispose of my dear cousin, but I feel like I already know the answer. " Angelika said, demanding he explain anyway through her tone of voice and body language.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 27, 2020 11:13 am

"So I was correct. I rarely forget lips I touched...but most who had the luck usually don't see me another time. Say, how was it?"

Etheltryth said, her voice laced with a very, very fine sensuality that was just so hard to pick up consciously. She had also been correct when she had advised Saeunn to not fasten her seatbelt. Schattenkrag was actually driving quite carefully. Speedily but carefully, no comparison to Etheltryth's driving. Something Etheltryth complained about quite vocally:

"Ugh, the Reichskommandant's lackey's driving is as boring as expected. No excitement, no exhilaration. Then again..."

She turned to Saeunn again, her red eyes glinting predatorically from below her black hood.

"...perhaps we can provide for our own excitement."

She put her fingers onto her mask, barely audible, indescribable sound coming from it before she leveled her palm and blew into her mask, at which point it probably clicked with Saeunn. She was blowing her a kisshand.

"Want another kiss?"

As Dietrich turned around, still holding Luca by his shoulder, he was met with the sight he had expected. A gun levelled straight at his face and her face right behind it, cold and determined as ever. Ah, sometimes he was so very, very happy about his mask. In this case it allowed him to hide his own gaze and emotions. A gaze that fell onto even more spilled wine. Yeah, this carpet was definitely done. He then listened to Angelika in silence, not making any sudden moves to avoid provoking her further. He knew that she was intelligent. However, he also knew full well that she was a sadist and could even shoot him just for the pleasure of shooting him in the face. And that would be...unpleasant.

When she was finished, the unasked question stood in the room between them. Signs Dietrich easily picked up. Signs that also told him that he probably had the ability to move again without getting shot straight off the bat.

And so he slowly moved and Angelika moved with him, the pair circling the table between them as he moved towards a couch, still dragging Luca with him though now the unconscious man shielded much of the Reichskommandant's body. But at this range Angelika could easily aim for the head.

"Why, I haven't really disposed off him. He is merely...unconscious and will be waking in a few hours. And please, you can lower that weapon, I mean no harm to you. I know you are worried, now that I have completely isolated you but please, I merely intended to ensure that anything that happens in this room remains between 4 ears and 4 eyes. Well, no, technically 6 actually if we count the young lady behind you."

As Dietrich said that, he dropped Luca off on the couch while pointing with his other hand behind Angelika, where the cloaked figure that had entered the room with them still sat, not having moved an inch.

"I am happy to reunite the two of you, I am sure you have terribly missed each other. Well, she most certainly did considering how often she called out your name."

He gestured invitingly towards the sitting woman, saying:

"I will leave the honours to you."

It was a clear invitation to uncover the woman's identity. And if Angelika actually did...she would be met with a face that she hadn't see since Yeuzuishan. Well, actually no. She was met with her own face, an eerie reconstruction of it, almost perfect save for small spots only she and her closest friends and fans could know. And the Angelika sitting there didn't react at all to being uncovered, in fact, if anything could be said about her then that she looked...empty. Her glassy eyes had no emotion, blindly staring straight in front of herself. If Angelika decided to do away with more of the cloak, she would notice that this fake also wore her clothes...with one small difference. The grey material in the top portion of her dress had been made darker and thicker. If Angelika decided to remove it, she would be met by a series of scars, vaguely resembling the Nachfolgian Eagle.

Dietrich had used this small distraction that the revelations would no doubt be to Angelika, to pick up Angelika's dropped glass and pour new wine into it. After he was finished with that he said:

"It took as a lot of time and effort to break her and empty her. It was my idea to then surgically alter her appearance to match your own. Though I had them keep her...eagle...since you seemed quite fond of it back in Yeuzuishan. Aside from that though, I believe she is perfect for you now. A husk without a true will of her own, a perfect double for difficult or dangerous situations.

I hope you like it."

Dietrich was perhaps having the wrong expectations.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 am

" I have no feelings towards the kiss one way or another. My only focus was my Oberste Führurin." Sæunn said coldly, her stare transfixed ahead of her. Although her face was expressionless, in her head, her thoughts were of disgust. The wetness and intimacy of the act lingered in Sæunn's mind like a thick fog. She wondered if this was all mind tricks or that this scandalous excuse for an Xer soldier really enjoyed kissing another woman, a foreigner for that matter. Sæunn thought they were just as cold hearted as Nachfolgians were, but seemed that they, or at least the women, partook in hedonistic affairs.

Sæunn looked towards Etheltryth when she asked if she wanted to do it again. Even though her eyes were covered, Sæunn's eyes and brow furled in disgust and concern. Maybe her thoughts were right and the Xer enjoyed getting intimate with another woman. Sæunn turned her head back forward before she spoke.

" Such a disgusting act is forbidden in the Reich. Punishable by death. " Sæunn said coldly before continuing. " Not conducive to maintaining a strong people and nation. "

Angelika turned her attention to the cloaked figure standing in the room with them. She had noticed the figure being present the entire time since she arrived in Exilvania. The figure had done nothing except stand there which prompted Angelika to ignore it. Now that Haegler has brought attention to the figure, wanting her to remove the cloak, Angelika obliged. Keeping her gun trained on the Xer, Angelika slowly moved to remove the cloak. Doing so revealed herself to be standing under it, better yet a clone of her.

This some kind of a joke?

Angelika knew that Haegler like to mess with her, tempting her anger and mercilessness, but this was something else. Was his intention to replace her with a puppet they could control? This would not be too far out of the realm of possibility given the failed kidnapping of Angelika. If this was their intended goal, then they had a great start. The double was nearly perfect. Her height and body proportions were perfect. Her skin, eye, and hair color and tone was the same. Her hair length was perfect, stopping mid back. The only glaring issue was the half dead stare the double had, showing little brain function outside breathing.

Angelika also noted the double's clothes and shoes. While similar, there was some difference to them. The mesh on the top of the double's dress was not transparent, instead it covered most of the skin that was underneath. At first Angelika thought it was simply an issue of inferior materials, but then she concluded that they may be hiding something. Angelika removed the dress of the double's shoulders to expose her breasts. There she saw the large eagle scar on the double's chest and the truth of the double's identity was revealed to her.

Clementine de Montesquieu, Angelika's short lived foreign tailor. She thought that the french woman died back in Yeuzuishan, killed by the Xers, but it seemed she had a worse fate than death at their hands. She wondered what kind of torture and suffering she had faced to become this empty husk. From what Angelika experienced in Yeuzuishan of their methods, it must have been horrible.

Angelika looked over the former Clementine closely to see if she could spot any flaws in the Exilvanian's attempt to duplicate her. She even noted that the Xers even got her bust size and areola shape correct. The Exilvanian's attention to detail was something to be admired, if a little creepy. It wouldn't be surprising that they would have this kind of personal information on her. Angelika was the most public leader in the Reich's history, doing interviews and posing in magazines on a regular basis. There was plenty of material for them to duplicate her near perfectly.

Angelika holstered her firearm and turned her attention back to Haegler, having satisfied herself with looking over the body double.

" Trying to replace me with a controllable puppet? Or is this for 'personal' use in a fetish obsession you have of me? If what you say is true, how could she possibly serve as my double? Look at her, she's completely catatonic. She may look like me, but she doesn't act like me. It would seem that your 'gifts' are getting worse, Herr Reichskommadant. " Angelika replied, rather frustrated. She was starting to get tired of the Exilvanian's antics.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 28, 2020 11:03 am

"No feelings, hu..."

, Etheltryth sounded...disappointed. For a reason as the memory of the kiss would no doubt be followed by the memories of Saeunn's containment and incarceration shortly after. The Nachfolgians had isolated her and had run tests on her to see if Etheltryth had done anything else to her. She likely wouldn't remember the longing she had felt during those times, the dreams of the woman she could barely make out in the darkness of the alley, the desire within her at the time. For these had not been real feelings but manipulations set upon her by Etheltryth's magic. Manipulated feelings that vanished without a trace or memory when Etheltryth was incapable of keeping her hold on Saeunn.

As Saeunn finished her small quasi rant, she could suddenly feel a gloved finger on her lips. And another hand on her thigh, having managed to sneak itself past the implants and lying on her soft skin.

"Shush Saeunn. We are not in the Reich right now..."

Etheltryth leaned in closer, her well developed chest rubbing against the armour plates on Saeunn's as she said:

"...and last time I studied biology, female unions do not have the ability to create an offspring that could hurt the continuation of a strong people and their nation."

He didn't know what he had expected from Angelika. More shock about being faced with a nearly identical being and its implications? Or about what had happened to one of her close servants? Oh, of course Clementine had been a servant for just a very short time so perhaps that was the reason for her lack of shock in this department. Or perhaps he had hoped for more joy and gratitude for such a gift? All he had gotten instead was watching Angelika practically grope and examine herself and a frustrated and snide remark which he did not appreciate.

He sat down again and gestured for Angelika to take her own seat again as well, pushing the glass he had refilled in her direction.

"That, Oberste Führerin, was uncalled for."

, he said, indignation audible in his voice. At the same time though, he used his hands and undid the locks on his mask, removing it and setting it down on the table between them. His young, pale face stared at her with an equal amount of displeasure. She had seen it rarely, only once before to be exact. And in return he had fed on her. His face would probably bring up memories of that.

"She is catatonic because she was designed to be so when not in use. I do believe it would be rather irritating to have an impostor, who truly believed herself to be you, to constantly be on the loose. Wouldn't you agree? No, she needs to be activated through the usage of a special code word. Currently though...well...she is absorbing information, information about you as to better imitate you when the time comes. We hope that she will execute her role flawlessly when it comes to it."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:08 am

Sæunn did not react outwardly to Etheltryth's predatorial advances. Remaining as stone faced as ever, she did not allow any of her inner thoughts leak to the surface. Unlike the rest of her sisters, Sæunn was not cut off from her emotions and feelings. She did, however, had to endure harsh training to keep those emotions in check. She was still a Schildmädchen and couldn't afford her thoughts and actions to be clouded by feelings.

Inside, however, those emotions swirled. Etheltryth's advances and the touching of the Nachfolgian's thigh, brought back some memories. Memories not of the Xer and her manipulative magic, but of a lover. A lover touching her in the same manner in a life that no longer existed. A reality that seemed to be only fantasy. Sæunn's reality now was of the servitude of a Schildmädchen to a woman she owed her existence to.

When Sæunn came back to the present situation, she found Etheltryth trying to lean closer to possibly plant another kiss. The Nachfolgian instinctively leaned her head further away and brought her hand up to block the kiss even if it wasn't coming to that point.

" That is precisely why such a union is illegal. It offers no benefit to the Reich and only serves personal desires. Love and procreation are seen as physical continuations of our folk. Nothing more." Sæunn said as she slowly removed her hand from Etheltryth's mouth.

" And last I recall, I was incarcerated because of your kiss." Sæunn continued, her tone seemingly colder than earlier.

The last time that Angelika saw Haelger's face from underneath his mask was back when they first met. That morning on the balcony started off nice up until the Xer fed on her. She remembered the side effects from that bite, being trapped inside her own body while it went against her will. Haegler had pushed his luck with the commands he gave the enthralled Angelika. Luckily her sheer willpower prevented her from subjugating herself to him.

When she finally remembered what he did back then, she had thought hard about how to punish him. She did do anything too drastic, after all, it was her fault for wanting him to bite her. It was the first time she had ever met a proto vampire and wanted to find out for herself what they were capable of. Angelika's curiosity had gotten the best of her in regards to the blood suckers, a mistake she would not make again.

In the exact same fashion as the last time he took off his mask in front of her, his expression was that of disappointment. Angelika found this annoying. She didn't like him pouting like he was doing. It ruined her inner vision of him, the strong and charismatic Dietrich Haegler. She'd much rather see his face behind the mask if he was going to exhibit this kind of behavior. From the time she had known him, Angelika had picked up on his body language that hints at his mood. The way he moved and carried his body with every emotion was sufficient enough to know what he was thinking.

Angelika held onto her new glass of wine, watching his expression as he explained what the body double was really for. A code phrase that activates an personality program in a human being. This was definitely something that interested her. Maybe she was mistaken about her previous statement. This was indeed a excellent gift for someone like her. Before she could address that, Angelika had to cheer up the moody Haegler, the same way she did back on that balcony.

" Perhaps I was too hasty to judge such a valuable gift, Herr Reichskommadant. She will indeed come in handy for possible treacherous incidents, provided the NGMS doesn't try to test her blood. Speaking of blood, I believe I know how to express my gratitude to you." Angelika said as she stood up from her chair, placing the glass of wine on the night stand.

She then walked over to Luca's unconscious body and unsheathed the knife that he had in his waist belt. Using the dagger, Angelika nicked her index finger, allowing blood to start oozing from the wound. She then held the finger out to Haegler, the blood slowly dripping onto the floor.

" Well? You want it or not?" Angelika said with a smirk, knowing that he wanted it. The delicious Nachfolgian blood of the head Nachfolgian herself.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Etheltryth was old. Far older than Saeunn was. In fact, she was about as old as the ZZ Reichskommandant himself, so in her 50s. And she had been playing the game of emotions for a very long time now. Learned to recognise and manipulate for decades. When Saeunn had been but a newborn mutt, she had committed her first murders and revelled in her acts of depravity. She knew that what she was doing was pushing some buttons within Saeunn. Even behind Saeunn's stoic facade, behind her facemas, she could recognise the internal unrest. Then again, you didn't need to be when Saeunn was quite literally seemingly zoning out for a moment before returning to her senses.

While she hadn't tried to kiss Saeunn, an impossible feat considering that she was wearing a mask where Saeunn wasn't wearing one while Saeunn was wearing one where she wasn't, she had tried to make her more uncomfortable, to stoke the flames within her with her sheer, alluring presence. Something that she did believe she may have some success in, considering the responses she was getting.

Her hand came up to meet Saeunn's, her gloved fingers interlocking with hers before she pulled it slightly aside, bringing them face to face again.

"Oh, but it does offer benefits to the Reich, dear Saeunn. I am surprised you don't know that. But...pleasurable acts...improve the morale."

Her other hand, which had previously rest on Saeunn's thigh, now moved to the side, towards the inside of Saeunn's thigh and brushed against the fabric of Saeunn's tight pants.

However, it stopped just short of Saeunn's crotch when Saeunn's tone grew colder and she told her what happened after the kiss. It was then that Etheltryth withdrew her hand, putting it before her mask in a gesture of shock...a feint very hard to look through as Saeunn's training heavily involved acting and manipulation.

"How terrible, that was nothing I intended. Surely you can see that I meant you no harm in that moment...well...aside from knocking you out of course. But the kiss, the kiss itself felt good, didn't it? Surely you could imagine following your duties to the Queen Bitch so much better if you felt good like that more often, couldn't you?"

Under her mask Etheltryth smiled. Queen Bitch was indeed a fitting title for the Nachfolgian leader. A filthy blonde bombshell with a temperament. She wouldn perish sooner or later. No idea why the Reichskommandant was even bothering with her.

Dietrich watched her walk over towards her cousin after small apology for her misjudgement with a suspiciously raised eyebrow. It did little to lighten up his mood. And seeing her next to her cousin did not improve it. It hurt a certain...nimbus of aloofness he had constructed around her. Having family that were in her high graces and people she clearly cared for, as her behaviour had proven when he had taken Luca out, had not added to that nimbus or the cold and ruthless persona of hers that she had usually shown. Oh, of course Dietrich knew the saying that blood was thicker than water...but he found family especcially hard to trust as they always had designs coveting one's position, always had backers supporting those designs. From what he knew of Angelika's sibling, that was not a wrong standpoint to have.

He watched her unsheath the knife, wondering what she was going to do. Throw it at him for his insolence? Or stab her double with it for she would allow only one on this world to bear her likeness, that being herself?

But no, things came differently. Instead of hurting someone else...she hurt herself.

Dietrich immediately inhaled deeply, his body taking in the sweet, sweet scent of that blood as it dropped from the open wound. Oh yes, how he had missed its fragrance, how he was still missing its taste. Such a sweet nectar on his tongue.

He returned back to reality when Angelika asked him wether he wanted it or not. Oh, she knew him too well, of course he wanted it. But he wouldn't bow before her like a servant let alone crawl on the carpet before her like a dog, liking from her finger. No, he was an aristocrat. He was civilized. He knew restraint.

Reasoning that his carpet was already ruined anyway, Dietrich quickly turned his glass over and spilled its contents, freeing it thus for the much more valuable content it was about to receive. He positioned it in front of Angelika, the request clear as he simply said:

"I do not believe I have ever been served a finer drink from a finer shell. It is lifeblood well spent, Oberste Führerin. It would be dreadful if you were to perish in the upcoming trials for I would lose such a wonderful taste."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:39 am

Sæunn felt the anger swell up in her in an instant. The Xer having insulted her change would indeed throw her over the edge. She knew that this was Etheltryth's intention, having gotten no rise from her in the sexual advances. Given how she was programmed, Sæunn couldn't keep that reaction in check. She didn't appreciate her Oberste Führerin bring insulted in such a way and was quick to let Etheltryth know.

Sæunn tightened her grip around Etheltryth's hand that was already grabbing hers. As she did so, she brought her free hand up and activated her blade. The quickness of the draw and the tightness of the cab caused the tip of the blade to slice through the upholstery of the seat as it whipped around. Sæunn brought the blade close to Etheltryth's neck, but not enough to touch her. She didn't want to hurt the Xer, just to warm her.

" I suggest you NEVER speak ill of the Oberste Führerin again. You know nothing about her or the situation so you have no right to say such profanities about her." Sæunn said, her emotions finally coming to the surface.

As quickly as her anger boiled over, it subsided, at least on the surface. Sæunn retracted her blade and let go of Etheltryth's hand. Believing to have made her point, she relaxed a bit but still kept on her guard. She still didn't trust Etheltryth to not retaliate in some way.

" We should remain quiet for the rest of the ride." Sæunn said coldly, returning her gaze to the front.

Angelika smiled as she watched Haegler grabbed a wine glass to catch her blood. She knew that he wouldn't lower himself to lick her finger. He was too high class for that. No, Haegler was a man of stature just like herself. The two had to hold themselves higher than everyone else, honoring the positions they hold with dignity and pride. Baser instincts were below them.

Of course, Haegler's initial reaction was more in tune with his instincts. That audible gasp upon seeing and smelling the blood seemed to hint at Haegler losing control for a second. Angelika knew of his desire to taste her blood and she intended to allow him the honor of doing so, for the time being.

" Lifeblood that we have worked hard to create and preserve, Herr Reichskommadant." Angelika continued. " Blood that we hold much pride in. It should be a testament to how much respect I have for you to allow you such an opportunity. You are a worthy equal ...Dietrich." Angelika said, the first time she used his first name.

" An Equal I hope to have for a very long time. I do not intend to die in the trials...not when there is so much to learn."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:13 am

"Perhaps I do not...perhaps I do. Would you be willing to bet the Oberste Führerin's safety on it?"

Etheltryth's tone was still mocking as she continued holding Saeunn's hand. A tiny bit of pressure, Saeunn's boobs getting squeezed underneath her armour plates as something was being pressed against it from the outside. A look down would reveal a strange blade being pressed again her there, albeit with with the wrong side. Not the tip, not the sharp side but the relatively dull end. Most likely for a reason as the blade seemed to be made not from steel but rather from some form of purple, crystalline material.

Etheltryth was likely not making empty threats. She was most certainly just as capable of killing Saeunn here as Saeunn was of killing her, if not more. And that would leave the Oberste Führerin defenseless for far longer than Etheltryth assumed Saeunn to like. It was a choice between growing a thicker hide and risking the Oberste Führerin, a choice in which Etheltryth knew which way decision would go.

Saeunn couldn't see the smile playing over Etheltryth's lips as she retracted her blade and let go off her hand, courtesy of the mask she wore. Etheltryth's let hers linger for a moment longer before bringing her own blade back and sheathing it, murmuring provocatively:

"Atleast she trains her dogs well..."

But, most likely much to Saeunn's surprise, Etheltryth did not actually speak any more ont his ride, instead lolling about on her seat, stretching herself and occasionally throwing bored glances out of the window. She appeared to ignore Saeunn, just as much as Saeunn had previously tried ignoring Etheltryth.

"Commendable..."

, Dietrich commented on Angelika's words, his attention fully focused on the blood dripping down into his glass. He hadn't even noticed that she had called him by his name. Once the glass had become about half full, he produced a handkerchief, a simple white thing with two red letters stitched onto it. And a heart between them. A and D. Dietrich didn't seem to notice or simply didn't care as he handed it to Angelika, his focus still remaining on the glass which he carefully picked up again and toasted towards Angelika, saying:

"On a successfull completion of the trials then. And a long partnership..."

He smirked at that, knowing that their partnership would be limited. If not by clashing political goals or events, then most likely by Angelika's lifespan. He wondered who would succeed her and if the successor would be similarly amicable. But he shoved those thoughts to the side when he put the glass to his lips and took a sip, not immediately gulping it down but keeping it in his mouth for a while, simply savouring the taste before he finally gulped. It was still as exhilarating to taste as the first time. And as always it awakened a hunger for more which had to be reigned in.

Taking a seat again and asking Angelika to do the same with an easily interpreted gesture at the armchair opposite of his, Dietrich decided that it was perhaps time to get down to business as well as what he had planned. He started by pointing at the fake Angelika that Clementine had become, saying:

"Perhaps it is time to go into the details of your trip here, Oberste Führerin.

I assume neither your cousin, nor your guard detail was very happy with your decision to take such a risk, especcially deep within the territory of a nation that tried to kidnap you not too long ago. I hope to perhaps disperse their worries and ensure that they will not interfere in the trials, thus not rendering the trials invalid and not necessitating a repeat of them.

Do you believe we could test your new Doppelgänger right during this visit of yours? Do you reckon it could fool your cousin, your guards, your entourage? We act as though you changed your mind on this trial due to a high chance of death, and I do believe you still very much value your life, and perhaps prefer a tour through the Grafschaften instead?"

He took another sip, enjoying the blood as he gave Angelika some time consider the plan he had just given her. It was honestly not a good one and primarily just a cheap excuse to test the Doppelgänger they had created. Not just to see wether it would do well serving Angelika's purposes but also to generally see how well their Doppelgänger worked and what they'd have to fix about them in the future.

After having given Angelika plenty of time to think it over and comment on the plan, he continued:

"Regardless of that though, you yourself will be leaving this place tomorrow. You will be travelling only with Sister Etheltryth and my trusted aide Schattenkrag who will take you by rail from Schreckensburg across the Dread Waste and through Zvadviste and Okrajstadt, through the Legion's Pass, across the Fell Waste, passing Herzhafen and then Brückeburg to Tannhoff. From there the two will bring you to the Temple of Chaotic Pursuit. The sisters there will prepare you for the Trials before bringing you back to the Crater of Shadows where these would take place.

I know what I am about to ask of you is likely to inspire ire within you but please, it is within your best interest to listen.

You will be travelling under a veil of absolute secrecy. On your journey there you will not be the Oberste Führerin of the Reichsmilitärstaat of Nachfolgia. You will be a simple traveller, protected and guided by Schattenkrag and Etheltryth. They will protect you and guide you on your way but make no mistake, they will do no more. In fact, I, and they, will be expecting that you follow their orders."

His eyes travelled up and down her figure before continuing:

"It is a long journey and as such you will have plenty of time for some exercises. I do not know the exact trials but I can guess as to what some of them might entail. Some you cannot be prepared for any further than you are now, others I believe you will complete with great success. And others...well...will need training. 'Special' training. I have ordered Schattenkrag to advise you a bit in it, she used to be much wilder in these things before a certain event so it is reasonable to believe in her experience. Etheltryth will likely join in too so you could likely learn from her as well.

It as well as what might happen during the Trials likely goes against your strong personality, against your people's laws and but I ask you to bite your tongue and accept it and strive to excel at it. None of your countrymen will ever know about it. And I will make sure none but the most trustworthy of mine will."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:53 am

Angelika took the rag without much thought and wrapped it around her finger to stop the bleeding. It wasn't until she looked at it that she saw the embroidery. The initials A and D with a heart in the middle, all embroidered with red colored thread. She wondered who represented the A on the handkerchief. Was it her own name, a testament to Haelger's secret love for her? Or was it his wife, the woman that he refuses to talk about? Either way, Angelika simply smirked and pretended not to see it.

She took a seat back in her chair and Haegler explained part of the trip to her. He started off by bringing attention back to the doppelganger, formerly known as Clementine. He suggested that they test out the double's effectiveness by tricking both Luca and Sæunn that she changed her mind about the trials. Obviously, Angelika had some misgivings about the whole idea and voiced them as soon as she was given the chance.

" You are correct, Herr Reichskommadant. Many of my fellow Nachfolgians were rather...negative towards me coming here. They are afraid that what happened in Yeuzuishan will happen again, this time being much worse. It took a lot of effort to ease their concerns, giving them fail-safes to ensure my safety hence why I brought who I brought.

Your idea is rather interesting, but I'm uncertain of how it would work. My mannerisms and speech can be copied and performed, but my memories can not. If Luca was to ask me questions of our childhood, how would the doppelganger react? Surely you can not copy my memories without my brain being in your possession, a feat virtually impossible. Will the double be able to work around such questions, throwing Luca off topic? "

Angelika paused and let Haegler finish his explaination of the trip. Apparently it was going to be a long one, going through parts of the country she's only seen on maps and in aerial photographs. The journey or even the anonymity weren't the problem, it was what some of the trials detailed. Haelger made it out that some of these trials will be sexual in nature, prompting his two subordinates to take special care in prepping her for. This was made even clearer when he mentioned that her countrymen would never know about it. It was obvious that she would have to bed another female and that the Exilvanians think that she did not have experience in doing so given Nachfolgia's strict laws on it. Angelika found great pleasure in the fact that they would underestimate her sexual experience when the time came. She was not as inept as they thought she was.

" None of that is a concern to me, Herr Reichskommadant. I know how important these trials will be to both of us and our people. A lot is on the line and I will not allow my own people's culture and prejudices to interfere with completing them. If it requires anonymity and breaking of national laws and traditions then so be it." Angelika replied, her determination once again on display.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:56 am

The concerns Angelika brought up were expected. Dietrich hadn't expected her to bring family along afterall and ever since Luca had entered the scene, he had been unsure about the viability of this test run. He thew a venomous glare at the unconscious Nachfolgian on the couch next to him. It seemed as though the scarred Nachfolgian was nothing but an obstacle to him, just by his sheer presence. Wether he wanted to be alone with Angelika or if he wanted to test a new little gadget like the double.

"I see. Your cousin is indeed problematic in many ways. Not only will he have to be kept quiet in some way for the duration of the trials, I believe we will also have to tell him why he passed out during this friendly conversation."

One of Luca's legs slid off the couch and hit the floor with a dull thud. Dietrich leaned over and took it by the trousers, lifting it back onto the couch again before returning to his drink and continuing:

"I assume you and your cousin talk often about your childhood then? And you could likely not inform your double enough about your childhood AND current events to properly fool your cousin, yes? And wether or not she could fool your cousin, I cannot tell. Only you can for her personality and and mannerisms were based upon yours. Would you be confident in talking your cousin out of prying too much?"

Dietrich paused for a moment, seemingly thinking before deciding:

"No, perhaps it would be better if your cousin knew. So long as he can be trusted. Would you be willing to talk with him about...well...about what happened here and was proposed here? I am sure he will be far more understanding if his cousin and Oberste Führerin were to talk to him rather than a suspicious foreigner."

Dietrich smiled ruefully at that, knowing full well that his actions over the course of the negotations with the Nachfolgians certainly hadn't made him any more trustworthy. But alas, those were the cards he had played and there was no use crying over milk that had already been spilled.

But atleast Angelika didn't seem to mind, showcasing the confidence and determination of hers for which he partially admired her. It transformed the rueful smile into a slightly happier one as he continued:

"I am glad that you know that sacrifices must be made in order to attain something greater. Still, our wildly different cultures and prejudices will certainly ensure that our people will never become more than allies in the current political climate. I hope your successor will be as understanding as you are now.

But let's return to the trials at hand. As I have mentioned before, I cannot tell you much but I have ideas as to what these could entail.

Normally the trials begin with the ritual cleansing of life. Do not worry, they do not intend to actually kill you. Only almost. You will be bathed within ice water and sisters will splash more and more of it onto you, cleaning you. Eventually you will pass out due to Hypothermia. Don't try to fight it, don't try to show especcially strong endurance. It would seem to the sisters that the force of life and creation is especcially strong within you and would predispose them against you.

Now, this is how far I could tell you from my personal experience as every Exilvanian must undergo this ritual. However, your journey goes further.

As far as I am aware, Nichts' eyes are to be upon you for the duration of the entire trials. I do not know what exactly that phrase means, wether it is simply a phrase or wether there is a certain meaning to it. Knowing our religious nuts, I am sure it has a deeper meaning so be prepared for anything.

As for the trials themselves, they will take place all in one large area. The Crater of Shadows. Not particularly hospitable of an area but so are none of the areas within Exilvania really. I cannot tell you what sort of trials will await you but you will likely be tested as a warrior, a seducer, a ruler and a hunter.

Is there anything else I can tell you?"

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:32 am

" Now now... let's got get ahead of ourselves, Herr Reichskommadant." Angelika replied, pausing to adjust her outfit.

" While me and dear Luca do talk about our childhood as well as other mundane and trivial topics, it becomes mostly one sided. Luca is a rather stoic and terse man, his hardships sucks the life out of him. You have no idea how hard it is to coax him into a conversation, it is trying to talk to a newborn about the complications of life.

So, I do not think we will have a problem as far as the double's ability to talk to my cousin. The concern is now 'my' sudden change of heart. Luca knows full well about my determination to see the trials through. I have no doubt that he will question my decision to not undertake the trials. If we can properly convince him of why I would want to leave the trials and explore Exilvania for awhile, he will not ask questions. Luca maybe a stubborn Veteran, but he will not question my command."

Angelika sat quietly as Haegler explained more about the trials, mostly small details about what will happen. What interest her was the cleansing ritual she will have to undertake. From her understanding, the Exilvanians plan to bath her in freezing water to the point of near death. Even though Haegler assured her that this will not kill her, the option could still look there. It reminded her of a childhood friend that had to undergo the Skodál rite of passage. Like all Skodál, she had to trek and swim across the Frozen Wastes in the northern coast of Nachfolgia. Many Skodál lose their lives during this trial just to be considered an adult among their people. Angelika thought it was trivial, but now seems such experience would have benefited her here.

When Haegler asked if there was anything else he could explain, Angelika took the opportunity to get more info on Haegler's experience with the Xers' chief deity. She wondered if Nichts was as prevalent in the lives of nation leaders as the Twins of Life and War were.

" Herr Reichskommadant, I'd like to ask you a personal question if I may. Have you ever seen Nichts personally? Has he ever came to you in dreams or some other means? If you can even call Nichts a 'He'. My understanding is that he is a formless being, like an all encompassing void in life."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Of course, Luca hadn't struck him as a particularly talkative man so Dietrich had been quite surprised when Angelika had initially inquired about the double's ability to call upon her memories. But then again, many people showed a very different face once they were around people they trusted and cared about so it had not been outside the realm of possibility. Still, he was glad to know that his guess had been correct and that Luca was indeed not the talkative type.

Though of course, even with the threat of a conversation gone, there was of course the question of why Angelika's adamant will had been broken, broken enough to drop the trials. A smile spread across Dietrich's face as she asked the questions pertaining to it. Her will might be adamant and would not budge, yet it could not move forward if the path ahead was blocked.

"That, Oberste Führerin, I think I can arrange. The simplest and easiest solution. I, as a gracious host, will of course have you see my country...perhaps for your last time...before you undertake these great trials. Meanwhile you are already undertaking them."

A picture perfect solution really and one could not find any flaw within it. Of course able minds would quickly deduce that he was stalling for time...yet they would either expect treachery against the fake Angelika in their midst or they would think that his preparations had not gone ahead as well as he wished and he was trying to stall to get time to finish them. Both would be far from the truth and play into his hands.

After he had ended his explanations concerning the trials at hand, Angelika remained silent for a while. Understandable, considering that she had been confronted with quite some information to plan with. And dangers that lurked ahead of her.

Yet when she spoke again, it was not what he had expected. He had expexted a reaffirmation that she was still very much determined to see things through. He had expected questions, cool and inquisitive over what else he could tell her that would help her plan. He had certainly not expexted her to suddenly ask him about Nichts.

His facade cracked there for the tiniest of seconds, showing the confusion behind the normally cold face. Yet it slipped back in place almost too quickly to notice and Dietrich leaned back, saying dismissively:

"I am a believer in name only. I have no interests in the cult's rituals and deities or their grand goals or doctrines. Things like that just get in the way all the time when one has to lead.

Oh of course I'm sure some deity somewhere has had a hand in my people's fate. I don't think a people such as mine could exist without divine intervention. Wether the Nichts that the Ordo honours is that deity I do not know and I honestly do not care."

He took another, long sip from his glass before staring straight into Angelika's eyes, explaining:

"My dreams are mine and mine alone. No damn outside influence has ever come to me that way. Certainly not Nichts.

And while I haven't seen this god, I have seen what people around here honour as part of his, as Nichtsborn. Strange beasts of shadow and malice that scour our countryside."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:26 am

" Well that's a shame." Angelika said, looking rather disappointed by his answer. It was not what she was expecting from the leader of a country so reliant on their cult.

" The reason I asked is because such divine visits are present in our lore and history books. One such instance happened to my ancestor, Friedrich von Sturmgeist, the first Oberste Führur. Years before the war that would see him possess the title, Friedrich was allegedly visited by the Dread Sister herself, Xeraura. He testified that she gave him a vision of a wheat field colored crimson red. The field was on fire and in the center was a white dragon. The fire spread towards the dragon and consumed in, burning it asunder. From the ashes, sprang forth a black eagle. Up onto his death, the first Oberste Führur swore that the vision was of the war that gave birth to the Reichsmilitarsträat."

Angelika cleared her throat before continuing, changing the subject to something else.

" Back to the topic at hand, that idea of yours could indeed work. You working along with the fake to fool Luca and my Schildmädchen. It would afford me plenty of time to complete the trials uninterrupted. I feel jealous of you though, getting to see an experiment you crafted work in the field."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Angelika's disappointment as to his answer surprised Dietrich yet again though he kept his facade under control and did not let anything slip this time. He had not taken her as someone particularly religious or occult interested. Rather he had seen within her one such as himself. Pragmatic and willing to use religion to her benefit but otherwise neither believing in nor caring about it. Yet here she showed quite the opposite, citing Nachfolgian history and the memoirs of one of her ancestors, the man to bring about the Reichsmilitärstaat. Perhaps Dietrich was misinterpreting the situation but was this why she was so interested in the divine and occult? An encounter with the divine had brought her ancestor and nation greatness, even far beyond death. Did she perhaps seek the same?

He was tempted to ask her. Tempted to infuriate her. But he let the opportunity to do so pass. He had already done enough during this short meeting to upset her. More was not in his favour.

"Considering it is a gift to you, I am sure you will have more than enough time to explore this little experiment yourself in the future. Besides-"

, Dietrich suddenly stopped when a clock behind Angelika started ringing, announcing the passing of yet another hour. His eyes narrowed slightly before he unceremoniously gulped down on the rest of Angelika's blood before quickly putting his mask on again. As he did so, he said:

*gulp*

"Ah, how quickly time passes in your company, Oberste Führerin. Your dear cousin will awake soon, perhaps with a bit of a headache but atleast with all his senses together again and his limbs, albeit unwilling, moving again. There are some small things I will need to show you first, things he mustn't see or hear yet."

He offered his hand to help her up from the couch and guide her along through the halls of his castle with the simple words:

"Shall we?"

Regardless of what she did, he would lead her out of the salon, and down the corridor with the double following them silently, the click of its heels being the only indication that it was still there. They turned a few times and ascended a long spiral staircase. They were climbing some form of tower. When they finally reached the top, Angelika and Dietrich were faced with three dark, wooden doors. Each of them sturdy yet beautifully crafted and, as Dietrich approached the right door and pressed down the door handle, it swung open without a sound. It fit its frame perfectly and the hinges were well oiled.

Behind it Angelika found a room worthy of nobility. A massive fireplace covered the wall to their right, made from white marble on the outside. A large bed was placed directly below an equally large window directly in front of them that showed Angelika the city and especcially the harbour far below in all its splendor. Though there were iron bars let into the stonework on both sides to prevent anyone from opening it. The bed on the other hand was not only large but also seemingly made from fine materials. At first glance it would seem like it was made from a light wood but closer inspection would reveal much of it to be ivory. And the covers and bedsheets...made from the finest purple velvet and silk. Everything else in the room equally seemed to be of incredible splendour. Beautiful craftsmanship and expensive and exquisite materials having been used.

Dietrich pointed to a door that was further on the right, left of the fireplace, stating calmly:

"This will be your lodgings for tonight. And a few more nights for your fake and entourage. That door there leads to one of the best bathrooms in the castle. I recommend using it tonight, both for your own pleasure and because I doubt you will have the opportunity to clean yourself anytime soon."

He then proceeded to point at the fireplace, continuing with his explanations:

"There is a secret passage behind this fireplace. It can be opened with this phrase:

Feuer, Feuer, Flackerwand, wer ist die Schnellste im ganzen Land?"

As if on command the fire, which had already been burning in the fireplace, was extinguished and the brick wall at the back of the fireplace slide aside, revealing a dark passage behind it, lit up shortly after by electric light. It seemed to go about 2 meters straight before getting to another spiral staircase.

"It can be closed and opened from the other side through a lever. From here, it closes automatically after a short time."

And again as though to support his words, the wall slid back down and suddenly the fire flared back up, roaring as though it had never been put out. Dietrich didn't leave her much time to wonder about that though as he proceeded to lead her to a few packages which had been placed on a table to their left. He didn't open them but instead elected to just point at them and say:

"This will be your protective disguise. I am told it is the absolute best we currently have in terms of protection. I apologize for its...aesthetic nature."

When opening the boxes, Angelika would find an assortment of clothes within them. One held a pair of high heeled boots, almost exactly like the ones she wore now. Black, with a zipper on the inner side of the legs to tighten it. Another box held a pair of rubbery, long, black gloves, reaching almost to her elbows. Yet another a bodysuit, made of the same rubbery material, just as black and with a zipper reaching all the way from a high collar that'd likely reach her chin, down to her crotch. It too had a weird sheen, just like the other pieces, as though there was a film of some form of liquid on its outside. Then there was a box containing some fairly simple, rough grey garments and one final, large box, beating all others inside. It held some form of helmet, black too, with an opaque visor as its face.

All in all, if Angelika were to imagine what the overall outfit would look like, it'd likely look somewhat like this.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:16 am

" Thank you, Herr Reichskommadant." Angelika replied as she took his hand to stand up. She glanced at her unconscious cousin for a few moments, wondering how much of a mood he'd be in when he woke up. She knew that she would have to console him and explain what happened and why. Letting out a simply sigh in annoyance at the inevitable conversation she will have with him, Angelika followed Haelger out of the room.

She followed closely behind Haegler as he led her through a portion of the castle. She looked around the corridor as they walked, noting several landscape paintings of places within Exilvania that she had never been. Maybe this trip will allow her the pleasure of seeing such places. The rest of this portion of hallway was decorated with a variety of other artworks; vases, tapestries of exquisite design, busts, ect. To Angelika it seemed that the Exilvanians decorate very similarly to Nachfolgians, as a symbol of wealth and power.

After a quick walk up a stairwell, Angelika found herself in front of a large room, Haelger mentioning it to be her room for the night. The room itself was exquisite in design and beauty. Every piece of furniture was made of the best quality materials truly fit for a Kaiser. It reminded her a lot of the craftsmanship of a Nachfolgian royal architect by the name of Alwin Münchberg. Münchberg designed most of the Alvensleben estates in the years before the Iron Legion rose to power and well before the Sturmgeists took power. Angelika's own home was designed by Münchberg as a summer villa for the Kaiser. Angelika can see a lot of the same passion and dedication that went into designing this room as what went into designing her home.

Before Angelika could observe any further, her attention was drawn to the fireplace. On command of Haegler's code phrase, the fireplace opened to reveal a secret passage. It was an interesting choice, obviously being built at the same time as the room was. She figured that this would be used by nobles to avoid possible assassination attempts, given what she knew about the Exilvanians. Angelika also figured that she would be using this tomorrow when she leaves to avoid detection by her entourage.

Lastly, Angelika was directed to the three large boxes sitting on the table. Upon opening them, she would see what would be her disguise while in Exilvania. It was a rather monochromatic outfit, being almost entirely black and grey. She picked up each piece of clothing and inspected it. The body suit seemed to be the most problematic, being rubber and not very forgiving. It seemed like it would be so tight that she would not be able to wear undergarments along with it. She imagined all the chaffing that would take place from wearing it. Angelika wouldn't complain though, if she had to wear it she would.

The most interesting to her, however, was the helmet and facemask. Picking it up, Angelika stared at the mask, her reflection gleaming off of its chrome surface. She was going to be another faceless person in a sea of faceless people, blending in with the masses. This was definitely something that would be impossible back in Nachfolgia. She was the face and voice of an entire nation, everywhere she went people recognized her. Being in Exilvania would afford her a one time opportunity to be nobody. No cameras, no speeches, no high society events. Her face would be covered and unrecognizable. It was a perfect experiment for her to know what it's like to be a nobody.

After staring at the the mask for a few moments, Angelika placed it back in the box. She then turned to Haegler and gave him a smirk, delighted by what would happen tomorrow.

" I would like to thank you, Herr Reichskommadant. What you have showed me has given me an excellent opportunity to experience complete anonymity for once in my life. I assume that tomorrow morning I will don this outfit and slip out through the secret passage and begin my journey to Nichts."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:24 am

Dietrich kept standing a little behind Angelika as she explored the room so as to not stand in her way, following her like a shadow wherever she went, ending up behind her as she opened the boxes and examined her disguise. He noticed that she lingered for a longer time on the bodysuit, holding it in her hands and feeling the material. He stepped up beside her, worried that something was wrong as he glanced at the suit though it seemed as perfect as when he had had it presented to him. A glance at Angelika's face though showed him that there was something she was potentially less than happy with. Was she perhaps not quite accustomed to wearing such tight clothing?

He cleared his throat before asking:

"Is there a problem, Oberste Führerin? I believe these rags should conceal your figure well enough should you feel too embarrassed by the tightness of this outfit. Or do you fear that it will feel uncomfortable?"

He took a piece of the bodysuit into his hand and rubbed it between his fingers, noticing nothing off about it before continuing:

"The CEO of Vögler GmbH & Co. KG assured me that this suit was their peak development in terms of safety and wearer comfort. He went as far as to claim it to be rather pleasing to wear...though one shouldn't pay the words of corporatists too much mind as they do always try to advertise their products in some way. Perhaps he meant the pleasing part more for the people around those who wore it."

Dietrich knew that he certainly wouldn't be among the people who'd get to see such a pleasing sight, given that Angelika would vanish once she had donned that outfit but it didn't bother him all that much. Seeing her like that probably would've bothered him far more than knowing that he would not. When Angelika thanked him, he inclined his head slightly before saying:

"I appreciate your gratitude Oberste Führerin. I do hope your anonymity will be the experience you have looked for. And yes, you will have to don this outfit by tomorrow morning before you will be escorted to the priestesses. I recommend putting it and sleeping in it even as I have heard that it is a bit-, excuse my choice of words, it is quite difficult to put on so it in order to not be in a rush or make too much noise, it is probably for the best that you don it once you are sure of your privacy."

He then raised his hand in a mock gesture, acting as though he was checking an invisible clock before resuming:

"Now, as much as I'd like to dally with you, Oberste Führerin, I believe Luca will be waking soon and I doubt waking without his cousin in sight will help his mood in any way. Please, follow me."

He offered her his hand once again before leading her back the way they came. The double attempted to follow them but Dietrich stopped in the doorway, letting his eyes wander through the room for a moment before telling the former Clementine to hide under Angelika's bed.

Back in the salon where they had left Luca, everything still seemed as it had been before, Luca still lying on the couch and...no everything wasn't the way it had been before. Someone had taken away their glasses, returned the bottle of wine to its shelf and even changed the carpet! It appeared that the servants here worked quickly, silently and without a direct command. Dietrich didn't seem to be bothered by it though, it likely being a regular if not expected occurence within the castle as he went to Angelik's seat and sat down while motioning for her to sit on the couch with Luca.

"I believe it would be best if your cousin awoke next to you. Perhaps even in your lap, depending on how close you two are...or how much you wish to confuse him."

This, was honestly his greatest worry. Luca was a threat in more ways than one. Aside from being annoying to deal with and quite protective of his cousin, his mere existence and the fact that Angelika tolerated, nay, even liked him showed a dangerous amount of attachment to family. Normally he wouldn't bother too much, considering that an attachment to one's family was only natural and common, even among Exilvanians...but Angelika was going to have to prove herself worthy of Nichts and Dietrich knew enough about the dark co-creator of their universe as it was to fear that her ties to others could cost her in those trials. And her losing the trials was something he could absolutely not stand for. Not after everything he had invested.

He threw a shady glance at Luca...wondering...if perhaps the Nachfolgian would have to suffer a fatal accident.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:29 am

As quickly as they arrived to her room, it was time for them to leave. Haegler urged her that Luca would awake soon and that he would be pissed if she wasn't there when he did. Of course, Haegler was right in his assumption. Luca, ever since his injury in the protection of Angelika, has changed from a rather happy and carefree person in his youth to a moody and stoic character. All of it having to do with the trauma of losing half his face and part of his chest. Angelika could never fault him on being bitter, she'd probably have the same reaction.

" Yes, of course. Can not leave Luca alone to stew in his own anger." Angelika said as she put the mask back into the box and closed the lid. She then proceeded to follow Haelger back to the salon.

Once there, Luca was still where they left him on the couch. The only thing that seemed to have changed was the carpet. Apparently in their absence, servants had came and cleaned the mess and replaced the glasses including the one stained with her blood. Angelika was a little concerned by the fact that the Xers now had a sample of her blood. She could only imagine what their plan for it would be.

Angelika took her seat next to Luca on the couch as suggested by Haelger. What interested her was his suggestion to have Luca's head resting on her lap. She kind of chuckled at the thought, having never had a man rest on her in that fashion before. Of course, it was her cousin so no sexual thoughts came from it, but the thought of the action possibly emasculating him and causing him embarrassment was too good to pass up. She was certain that teasing him would cause a far greater reaction that him waking up along.

Smiling the entire time, Angelika leaning Luca's upper torso up and positioned herself underneath him. She then gently leaned his head back down onto her thighs. From there, she simply stroked his combed, blonde hair until he woke up, taking extra enjoyment from ruffling it to a mess.

Angelika didn't have to wait long for Luca to wake. He slowly began to stir, groaning ever so softly as if from a good night's sleep. Fluttering his eyes open, his first sight was that of Angelika staring down at him. She saw in his eyes his shift from confusion to anger as he realized what had happened to him. He immediately shot up to his feet and reached for his weapon as he spotted Haelger sitting across from him. His sudden movement caused Angelika to drop not only her dress cover, but Luca's as well that she had placed on his chest.

" Luca, stay your hand!!" Angelika commanded, a little angry at his sudden and frankly rude reaction.

" But he drugged me, my Oberste Führerin. Assaulting one of your own security detail." Luca responded, keeping his hand on his firearm, itching to unholster it and kill Haegler.

" That is not entirely his fault. I asked him to do it." Angelika said, causing Luca to look in her direction. " He wanted to talk to me about some delicate and rather classified topics, only meant for the ears of national leaders. I knew that you would object to me being left alone with him and insist on staying in the room. Frankly, I was not in the mood to ear any objection so, during the ride up here, I asked him to out you to sleep for a bit. I do hope you can forgive me...dearest Cousin." Angelika said, obvious to Haegler that she was manipulating him.

Luca hesitated for a moment, looked between Angelika and Haegler. He knew that something was up between the two, but couldn't speak out against it. Even though she was his cousin, Luca couldn't openly refuse the order of the Oberste Führerin.

" Yes, my Oberste Führerin." Luca said as he removed his hand from his weapon. He immediately went to go pick up the two dress covers that he knocked to the ground and handed Angelika back hers. Without saying a word, Luca took his seat back on the couch, using one hand to move the displaced hairs back from his face. His expression was still that of anger, but he no longer wants to kill Haelger, at least not openly.

" Now that business is out of the way, I believe it is getting close to dinner time. Of course, whenever Sæunn and your subordinates are back from gathering my luggage. Correct, Herr Reichskommadant?" Angelika said, looked at Haelger in such a way to signal her want of changing the subject.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:12 pm

Dietrich followed the small scene before him with a measure of interest. Not the most really as it was what he had expected. Though he had hoped for a different result, it helped confirm his mental image of Luca Hölderlin as well as map out future interactions with this pesky thorn in his side. Or perhaps he was being unfair to the poor Nachfolgian? Afterall, was his mindset really that out of place? A dutiful and loyal relative of Angelika, that was no different from his own loyal followers, was it? He was sure that should Angelika try to pull a funny little trick, there would be some who would act just like Hölderlin, trying to kill her and protect him at all costs. Yes, it was perhaps a bit hypocritical. Luca stood in his way and as such Dietrich saw a thorn within him, saw his traits and personality as undesirable while at the same time being glad that he had people with such a personality around him.

Meanwhile Angelika, having successfully shut her cousin up, clearly seemed to be intent on getting out of this situation, suggesting dinner. After her bodyguard and his...subordinates had returned with her luggage. Of course it was merely a pretense of hers to get out of this situation and deal with more pleasing parts of her visit again...but Dietrich liked to see her squirm a little, saying:

"Ah yes, that would indeed be the case. I merely wonder where these subordinates might be? It appears to be taking them quite a wh-"

*knock knock*

Perplexed he turned around, staring at the door. It couldn't be them, right? The way from the castle to the harbour was long, there was no way they could've made it this quickly! Surely these were merely some servants who had forgotten-

The door opened, revealing Saeunn in the middle, flanked on either side by Schattenkrag and Etheltryth, the former of the two Exilvanians saluting lazily as she reported:

"The Oberste Führerin's luggage has been retrieved and deposed in her room, ZZ Reichskommandant. Is there anything else you require of us?"

Dietrich cocked his head slightly to the side, staring at them. He wondered how they had made it. He sure hoped they hadn't destroyed his limousine in the process. Those were heirlooms and, while coming from a despised father, were still rare and hard to acquire these days. After a moment of silence he finally said:

"Excellent work Schattenkrag. You and Sister Etheltryth may take your leave"

He waved them away, Schattenkrag not deigning it worth another response while Etheltryth made a mocking curtsy before closing the door behind her, leaving Dietrich alone with the three Nachfolgians. One of which had expressed clear interest in killing him while another...well...despite her lack of emotions, Dietrich was quite sure that Saeunn would actually be quite happy to kill him. So to say the general mood in the room was rather frosty at this point was likely an understatement. Still, he didn't let it get to his head as he picked up his cap and placed it back on his head before rising from his armchair and walking over to one of the side doors, putting his hands on the handles as he said:

"Concerning the dinner, I have had everything prepared in advance. Your entourage is of course invited to share this meal with us, in fact, I encourage it. They won't be getting any non-Exilvanian meals anytime soon so it is better they get used to it quickly."

As he opened the doors, he suddenly hesitated and froze after having just opened them a little. Not enough for any of the Nachfolgians to see what was beyond. Angelika could visibly see his shoulders falling downwards as though all motivation and elan suddenly left the ZZ Reichskommandant and his head also seemed to hang a bit lower than before as he continued to open the doors, revealing before them a great, festive hall. It's walls where laid out with white panels of what appeared to be marble. The floor too seemed to be made of marble. Above their heads hung several great, golden chandeliers, the light of the candles within them lighting up the ceiling upon which they saw a great painting. A painting of what they could only assume to be the Iron Legion, their legionnaires standing atop piles of rubble and corpses, celebrating their victory as flames roared around them.

A long, equally white table dominated the center of the room, stretching along its entire length. Someone had had the foresight to place exactly four chairs at the table. One on each end...and on the end closer to them another two on both sides of the chair on the end. More chandeliers were placed along the entire length of the table, shedding their candlelight on a great number of different foods. Some of which each of them would quickly recognize, given that they were rather common. A few only Angelika and perhaps Saeunn were capable of recognising, considering that Angelika had already dined with the ZZ Reichskommandant in Yeuzuishan, them being exilvanian specialties. Such as the blood wine or a variety of human meat based dishes.

There was also another person in the room. It looked like a very young, obviously Exilvanian girl though her features barely made it clear, only her pale skin and pointy ears being similarities to what Angelika and the Nachfolgians had seen of other Exilvanians. She had pale blonde hair as well as a pair of clear blue eyes. She had taken the seat on the other end of the table, where she sat, one leg over the other and her arms crossed before her chest, staring down Dietrich and the Nachfolgians with annoyance plainly on her face.

"So this is your newest plaything Dieter? I cannot claim to be impressed. She seems rather...dull? I thought you had grown out of playing with dolls?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents