NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Snail Riders, Charge!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:09 pm

They just kicked me from the region :D
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Minskiev wrote:Yeah, the 7 month old Texas claims to have already colonized New Zealand, Japan is some how unified and the world power, Canada has half the world population in their army, and is independent, as is the PL-C, and everyone has modern ships. The godmodding is so heavy, you’d think they would’ve nuked me by now.

Was the RP supposed to be realistic?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:11 pm

Minskiev wrote:Yeah, the 7 month old Texas claims to have already colonized New Zealand, Japan is some how unified and the world power, Canada has half the world population in their army, and is independent, as is the PL-C, and everyone has modern ships. The godmodding is so heavy, you’d think they would’ve nuked me by now.

Even back in 2014 when I was in an alt-hist RP where I RPed an uber-advanced China in the 19th century (without the USA existing) who somehow managed to colonize Kenya, it was not as godmoddy as what you described.

That RP went off the rails, but it was mostly because I was a major league asshole to the other participants OOCly.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:11 pm

Minskiev wrote:They just kicked me from the region :D

Because of what you said here?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:12 pm

Minskiev wrote:They just kicked me from the region :D

Ah.

If you need a new region, and are interested in modern tech, I'd recommend Kylaris, mostly because I'm there. ;)
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:14 pm

Heloin wrote:
Luziyca wrote:It's only 222.8 km between the two cities, why did it take seventeen hours? Was the border crossing incredibly busy?

He was going at 13 kph the whole way. So either a slow ass car or he's jogging the whole way nonstop.

Some English guy in Arab garb kept blowing up the bridges and stuff.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:14 pm

Nah, cuz of what I said on the RMB. The RP was supposed to be based off Vic2, but unlike unrealistic Vic2 games, it wasn’t cursed. It was just poorly done. Like come on, make it cursed at least if you’re going to do trash RP. And sorry, but I probably won’t join Kylaris.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Minskiev wrote:Nah, cuz of what I said on the RMB. The RP was supposed to be based off Vic2, but unlike unrealistic Vic2 games, it wasn’t cursed. It was just poorly done. Like come on, make it cursed at least if you’re going to do trash RP. And sorry, but I probably won’t join Kylaris.

Fair enough.

Farnhamia wrote:
Heloin wrote:He was going at 13 kph the whole way. So either a slow ass car or he's jogging the whole way nonstop.

For fuck's sake, Larry. What have I told you about blowing up bridges?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:19 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Minskiev wrote:Nah, cuz of what I said on the RMB. The RP was supposed to be based off Vic2, but unlike unrealistic Vic2 games, it wasn’t cursed. It was just poorly done. Like come on, make it cursed at least if you’re going to do trash RP. And sorry, but I probably won’t join Kylaris.

Fair enough.

Farnhamia wrote:Some English guy in Arab garb kept blowing up the bridges and stuff.

Olivier fought in the Arab Revolt? :blink:
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Why would the Brits be blowing up the Suez Canal? That’s the Italian divisions’ job. Damn UK throwing it for the Allies.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
That's nothing compared to the Mad Max death race shit I was on when I drove for 17 hours from Jerusalem to Amman.

It's only 222.8 km between the two cities, why did it take seventeen hours? Was the border crossing incredibly busy?

I drove around the dead sea. I didn't cross the bridge cause I had to rent a new car down in Acaba and crossed in Eilat. So I drove down through the Negev to Eilat, crossed the border, hailed a taxi, got to the enterprise, got the car and then continued north up toward Amman. I wasn't alone either. In the shotgun passenger seat was my mom's ex boyfriend and when we switched places, he drove like this was NASCAR. Not a fun trip.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

West Kronisia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby West Kronisia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Anything to do with 19th Century Economics and Colonialism Simulator is absolutely cursed regardless of intention
Call me Kro - It's my name pretty much anywhere else on the internet.

I'm a big history nerd and enjoyer of video games. Always willing to listen if someone needs a friend!

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:22 pm

No work tomorrow, what should I do
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Luziyca wrote:It's only 222.8 km between the two cities, why did it take seventeen hours? Was the border crossing incredibly busy?

I drove around the dead sea. I didn't cross the bridge cause I had to rent a new car down in Acaba and crossed in Eilat. So I drove down through the Negev to Eilat, crossed the border, hailed a taxi, got to the enterprise, got the car and then continued north up toward Amman. I wasn't alone either. In the shotgun passenger seat was my mom's ex boyfriend and when we switched places, he drove like this was NASCAR. Not a fun trip.

Ah, taking the scenic route. I hope the view was worth it, at least. :)

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Luziyca wrote:

Fair enough.

Farnhamia wrote:Some English guy in Arab garb kept blowing up the bridges and stuff.

*Puts away box of dynamite*

Damn... to late...

anyways, how's everyone doing?
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

Kannap arrives in Aqaba ...

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:25 pm

https://gizmodo.com/a-black-hole-collid ... 1844134041

A black hole just hit something that shouldn't exist in outer space. What that something is is unknown.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Did nobody get my reference? Shame.

Anyways

Roses are red
A steak knife is quite deadly
You shall get a cookie
If you answer this correctly

The perfect chicken wing should have:

No/some/full spice, no/some/full sweet.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:https://gizmodo.com/a-black-hole-collided-with-something-that-shouldnt-exis-1844134041

A black hole just hit something that shouldn't exist in outer space. What that something is is unknown.

That is interesting but when I read an article in which a scientists says "shocking," I get squinty-eyed.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Ah, taking the scenic route. I hope the view was worth it, at least. :)

Nah, just endless desert, white lines on the road in front of you, the sun is a deadly laser, and the crazy guys on the road don't even wear leather while driving in rusty old cars. They just call you a son of a bitch in Arabic when you cut them off.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Heloin wrote:He was going at 13 kph the whole way. So either a slow ass car or he's jogging the whole way nonstop.

This is my well.

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:https://gizmodo.com/a-black-hole-collided-with-something-that-shouldnt-exis-1844134041

That is interesting but when I read an article in which a scientists says "shocking," I get squinty-eyed.

I get filled with rage
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

West Kronisia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby West Kronisia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:32 pm

All i can think of is those "Jubilant Italian Divisions" that hang out in Cairo in Hearts of Iron IV if you're a competent Italy player. Never really needed to blow the canal, though. :P
Call me Kro - It's my name pretty much anywhere else on the internet.

I'm a big history nerd and enjoyer of video games. Always willing to listen if someone needs a friend!

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:36 pm

It’s just for memes, though.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Heloin wrote:

This is my well.

Sherif Ali: [Ali walks towards Lawrence and grabs Tafas' revolver lying on the sand] Yours?
T.E. Lawrence:No, his.
Sherif Ali: [Ali tucks the revolver into his waist and walks towards the well] His? [mentioning the tin cup near the well]
T.E. Lawrence: Mine.
Sherif Ali: Then I will use it. [pulls some water out of well]

So many good lines in that film. I love Claude Rains' "A man who tells lies, like me, merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General