NATION

PASSWORD

Card Rarities

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Roma Sparta
Civilian

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Roma Sparta » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:58 pm

Guslantis wrote:
Topid wrote:What's this based on? I'm a legendary. Does this mean I probably won't get my own card?

We’re not really sure yet. We assumed it was influence, based on how many of our Security Councillors in The North Pacific had Epic, Legendary, and Ultra Rare ranks. The issue with that theory is that one of our SC members has a lower influence than the other, but is a rank higher.

Another theory was that it is based on badges, since those are featured on the cards, but no correlation has been found there yet.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m the nerd here. While everyone else is collecting cards, I’m trying to solve this rarity system. :geek:

With the new season of trading cards out. I've also had my curiosity piqued by how the rarity of a trading card is determined. If anyone is looking into this please respond because I'm sure a lot of people would like to know.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:05 pm

I think that (this is hypothesis, don't judge) that I know about at least some citeria for Common, Uncommon, or Rare cards, at least for Season 2.

A nation is immediately Uncommon or higher if it is a WA nation or has one or more Top 1% badges. The citeria used to be different, because I have a Easter Egg badge and if I had been around for Season 1, I'm sure I would have been an Uncommon. Every WA Delegate is a Rare or higher.

Edit: Regional founders are automatically Uncommon or higher.

I crave counterexamples.
Last edited by Voxija on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Voxija wrote:I think that (this is hypothesis, don't judge) that I know about at least some citeria for Common, Uncommon, or Rare cards, at least for Season 2.

A nation is immediately Uncommon or higher if it is a WA nation or has one or more Top 1% badges. The citeria used to be different, because I have a Easter Egg badge and if I had been around for Season 1, I'm sure I would have been an Uncommon. Every WA Delegate is a Rare or higher.

Edit: Regional founders are automatically Uncommon or higher.

I crave counterexamples.

This is not always the case in season one.

Penguinium
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinium » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:09 am

Apparently it seems like rare-legendary all at least have a couple billion people, a lot of top 1-10% and at least 2 out of 3 civil right, economy and political freedom are very good.

The Dragon Inhabited Poison Jungle
Civilian

Founded: Feb 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dragon Inhabited Poison Jungle » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:49 pm

How do I know the rarity of my nation card? (If season 3 ever comes out) :?:

Kuiper Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuiper Empire » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:07 am

Luna Amore wrote:Authoring an issue seems to be a good way to boost your value a lot.

Same with founding a region.

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:54 pm

The Dragon Inhabited Poison Jungle wrote:How do I know the rarity of my nation card? (If season 3 ever comes out) :?:

You don't, but you can guess. You'd probably be a common (or uncommon with the founder badge) if S3 was released right now, but you probably have time to get more gold badges before S3 drops. There are some factbooks that go into more detail on it, but it's mostly speculation.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:59 pm

Penguinium wrote:at least 2 out of 3 civil right, economy and political freedom are very good.

No data supporting, most people have 2 of those 3 as at least "very good."
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Penguinium
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinium » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:04 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:
Penguinium wrote:at least 2 out of 3 civil right, economy and political freedom are very good.

No data supporting, most people have 2 of those 3 as at least "very good."

Oops then

XXURBANXX
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 12, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby XXURBANXX » Fri May 13, 2022 10:03 am

Luna Amore wrote:Authoring an issue seems to be a good way to boost your value a lot.

I believe i obtained your card, but i sold it

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards