NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XXI: The Apocalypse is Now

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Cold War era US President was the best?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:54 am

Harry S. Truman (1945–1953)
3%
Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953–1961)
32%
John F. Kennedy (1961–1963)
22%
Lyndon B. Johnson (1963–1969)
8%
Richard Nixon (1969–1974)
9%
Gerald Ford (1974–1977)
No votes
Jimmy Carter (1977–1981)
4%
Ronald Reagan (1981–1989)
16%
George H. W. Bush (1989–1993)
1%
All of the Above/None of the Above/Other (please specify)
5%

Total votes : 77

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:14 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:as usual you are all wrong, except Bear Stearns who was partially right

there are two types of crime: crime caused by criminals, and crime caused by normies because low social cohesion. you cant fix low social cohesion in the same way as you fix crime, and for some reason nobody thought that was worth pointing out, so we can address that in another post :)

the main thing to do to stop crime is to allow the authorities to terrorise criminals. to do this you need to do the 1st of 2 abolitions: abolish police, because police are a lame and fake government bureaucracy that does more or less nothing useful. each local authority tasked with stopping crime should have two departments - the department of criminal investigations, which are just detectives who solve murders or whatever, and then the posse comitatus which in cool english, rather than fake latin, we call "the force of the county." the posse comitatus works because criminals are always (almost) known to the local community as criminals, rather than weird spectres to haunt the street corners

the authority should have the right to invoke posse comitatus to beat the life out of criminals and terrorise them. agents of this authority should be able to summon able bodied males to bring criminals to justice. that means if some dude beats up an old lady on the street the county sheriff calls the nearest people to him, which might be me and bear stearns, and gives us AR15s and orders us to arrest this idiot dead or alive. and if there are criminals around being criminals, normal citizens should be empowered to do whatever they can to arrest them and present them to the sheriff, including kicking their head in or shooting them.

when the criminals come before a court, the 2nd abolition comes, which is abolition of prisons, which are fake and lame (and also inhumane) Crime Colleges which serve no purpose whatsoever. anyone who is a perpetual threat to the public can just be executed. criminals just need to be beaten or terrorised by both the people and the law, so punishments should include public corporal punishment, the stocks, forced community service, et cetera. after that you need to make a load of things legal which are currently illegal that don't need to be crimes.

This radical criminology is the same as the one which Christian Reconstructionist theology in America has produced, which has for its basis the proper and total interpretation of the Bible as the word of God. Mosaic law commands us to execute any civilly disobedient member of the community who will not be 'chastened'; that the community must enforce public discipline; that imprisonment must be substituted with proper restitution. Christian Reconstructionism

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:23 am

Joohan wrote:
probably you want to be antiortho bu youer really just ortho - i havent seen enough of your positions

I dont think I have ADHD really, my brain just works very fast and

even if the activity is incomplete or imperfect i try to do it as fast as possible, especially if its race between me and others (some exceptions, peanut gallery STFU ) which is why i post so much

also freudian oral fixation personality (peanut gallery STFU)
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:28 am

Whilst you lot were drumming up page after page about “extra-orthodoxy” and other political theory, marxists in Germany have put up a statue of Vladimir Lenin.

Here’s an article in German, from the mainstream news outlet “Die Welt”.

My preferred newspaper, the “Junge Freiheit” or “Young Freedom”, has yet to publish an article about it, although anything they put out will be extremely moderate, as they’re controlled opposition. I don’t live that far away from Gelsenkirchen, and might swing by to see the statue some day. With all the commotion about statues of supposed “Slave owners” and “confederate traitors” being torn down in the US, the thought of answering the forceful removal of some statues with the forceful removal of others keeps clouding my mind.

What do you guys think? Should the likes of Lenin be allowed to litter the streets of Germany, a mere 30 years after the fall of the German Democratic Republic?
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:28 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:
Joohan wrote:
probably you want to be antiortho bu youer really just ortho - i havent seen enough of your positions

I dont think I have ADHD really, my brain just works very fast and

even if the activity is incomplete or imperfect i try to do it as fast as possible, especially if its race between me and others (some exceptions, peanut gallery STFU ) which is why i post so much

also freudian oral fixation personality (peanut gallery STFU)

Hmm, I can live with that.

So for the ReHoWa with China - would it have the same supremacist nature for the Americans as it would for the Han Chinese? To say that the United States is still a land run by anglo's would be woefully wrong.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:30 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Whilst you lot were drumming up page after page about “extra-orthodoxy” and other political theory, marxists in Germany have put up a statue of Vladimir Lenin.

My preferred newspaper, the “Junge Freiheit” or “Young Freedom”, has yet to publish an article about it, although anything they put out will be extremely moderate, as they’re controlled opposition. I don’t live that far away from Gelsenkirchen, and might swing by to see the statue some day. With all the commotion about statues of supposed “Slave owners” and “confederate traitors” being torn down in the US, the thought of answering the forceful removal of some statues with the forceful removal of others keeps clouding my mind.

What do you guys think? Should the likes of Lenin be allowed to litter the streets of Germany, a mere 30 years after the fall of the German Democratic Republic?
Yes.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:32 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Whilst you lot were drumming up page after page about “extra-orthodoxy” and other political theory, marxists in Germany have put up a statue of Vladimir Lenin.

In my perfect Orthodox Terran Federation with Luddite Characteristics, no. In the real world, sure. I don't like Lenin, or ML for that matter, but a couple of larpers putting up a modest statue to their hero isn't going to really affect anything - so I don't care.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:32 am

Yes.

Wow, that’s pretty cringe

AmericanValues results

- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:32 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: Yes.

No.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:33 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: Yes.

Can't tear it down if no one puts it up first.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:33 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:turns out not leaving your house for 100 days, staying up all night and eating belly pork every day and smoking shit tonnes of cigarettes is bad for you for some reason

who knew?

How many cigs is a shitton of cigs? Are we talking two packs a day, or three?

Anyway, peanut gallery?
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:36 am

New Visayan Islands wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:turns out not leaving your house for 100 days, staying up all night and eating belly pork every day and smoking shit tonnes of cigarettes is bad for you for some reason

who knew?

How many cigs is a shitton of cigs? Are we talking two packs a day, or three?

Anyway, peanut gallery?
If Im drinking I can easily go through 40-50 (even 60 sometimes), on a normal day its more like 15-20.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:38 am

Joohan wrote:

In my perfect Orthodox Terran Federation with Luddite Characteristics, no. In the real world, sure. I don't like Lenin, or ML for that matter, but a couple of larpers putting up a modest statue to their hero isn't going to really affect anything - so I don't care.

Wouldn’t the erection of a statue of Lenin expand bolshevik influences in Germany? I’d say that the MLPD getting their wish would make it so that Marxist-Leninism as a political ideology grows more accepted in Germany. If one were to mention nazism, an ideology perceived by many as comparable to Lenin’s communism, I’d think that no one would be okay with a statue of Adolf Hitler before the party headquarters of the NPD? In a country where it’s near-impossible to steer right and not be persecuted or politically disadvantaged, would it not be right to install comparable or possibly even heavier penalties against leftist extremists?

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:38 am

Sure the peanut gallery is me making a srs point and certain users trying and failing to throw shade at me

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:39 am

Ortho gang unite
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:40 am

Neanderthaland wrote:
Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:

Can't tear it down if no one puts it up first.

The likelihood of it being torn down is extremely low, with Germany’s political stability and all. I’m praying for a miracle though.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:41 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Can't tear it down if no one puts it up first.

The likelihood of it being torn down is extremely low, with Germany’s political stability and all. I’m praying for a miracle though.
Praying didn't stop Lenin

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:44 am

Your three part division passes the smell test, as I understand and see the reasons behind what your linked posts are saying, but due to my personality type find it hard to believe that your proposals are good.
Valrifell wrote:

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:47 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Wouldn’t the erection of a statue of Lenin expand bolshevik influences in Germany? I’d say that the MLPD getting their wish would make it so that Marxist-Leninism as a political ideology grows more accepted in Germany. If one were to mention nazism, an ideology perceived by many as comparable to Lenin’s communism, I’d think that no one would be okay with a statue of Adolf Hitler before the party headquarters of the NPD? In a country where it’s near-impossible to steer right and not be persecuted or politically disadvantaged, would it not be right to install comparable or possibly even heavier penalties against leftist extremists?

I don't really think a modest statue erected outside of a party headquarters is going to lead to an insurgent 5th column in the nation. Looking at these things in scope, actually, this statue is absolutely nothing when compared to things like online advertising and propaganda media - which doubtless do much more in terms of spreading the acceptability of an ideology than a lonesome statue.

I'd love to squash Marxism, but censorship isn't the way to do that. If we intend to live in a democratic state then the best way for us to counter opposing ideologies is to fight back with superior arguments and better points. Defensiveness and censorship is too often perceived as validation, so it's better to prove them wrong rather than to silence them entirely.

Now if we're talking about a non-democratic society, then that's a very different conversation... but y'all ain't ready for that pill...

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:52 am

South Odreria 2 wrote:Your three part division passes the smell test, as I understand and see the reasons behind what your linked posts are saying, but due to my personality type find it hard to believe that your proposals are good.
yes it worked because you didnt see that they werent proposals

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:02 am

To be fair, the GDR was a pretty interesting and at times quite a based state. That goes with a lot of the former Eastern Bloc regimes. If any of the far-left crowd is to win, I'd want it to be the neo-Soviets as the Soviets had some redeeming qualities about them.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:04 am

South Odreria 2 wrote:Your three part division passes the smell test, as I understand and see the reasons behind what your linked posts are saying, but due to my personality type find it hard to believe that your proposals are good.
yes it worked because you didnt see that they werent proposals

Most weren’t, some were.
Valrifell wrote:

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:09 am

The Marlborough wrote:To be fair, the GDR was a pretty interesting and at times quite a based state. That goes with a lot of the former Eastern Bloc regimes. If any of the far-left crowd is to win, I'd want it to be the neo-Soviets as the Soviets had some redeeming qualities about them.
You just like us because you get a cool uniform and a qt commie waifu who will bring you 1.3 children.

I don't blame you
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:10 am

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: yes it worked because you didnt see that they werent proposals

Most weren’t, some were.
the point wasnt do you agree with me and i never defined extraorthodoxy as ppl who agree with me, and the point wasnt to "propose good ideas", i didn't ask ppl to think my ideas are good, i invited them to see how mentally taxing it is to consider them

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:10 am

Joohan wrote:
Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:

I don't really think a modest statue erected outside of a party headquarters is going to lead to an insurgent 5th column in the nation. Looking at these things in scope, actually, this statue is absolutely nothing when compared to things like online advertising and propaganda media - which doubtless do much more in terms of spreading the acceptability of an ideology than a lonesome statue.

I'd love to squash Marxism, but censorship isn't the way to do that. If we intend to live in a democratic state then the best way for us to counter opposing ideologies is to fight back with superior arguments and better points. Defensiveness and censorship is too often perceived as validation, so it's better to prove them wrong rather than to silence them entirely.

Now if we're talking about a non-democratic society, then that's a very different conversation... but y'all ain't ready for that pill...

I agree with this in principle, but am also of the belief that the practical reality is very much different from political theory. There is still censorship in democratic societies, and the idea of ideological struggles in the “Free Marketplace of Ideas” where “The best idea wins” is a Republican fairy tale. You could tell a thousand blacks that the Democratic Party used to be pro-slavery, and you could try to have as many “civilised debates”, but they’ll still burn down buildings, brutalize innocents and vote blue. It’s not political division that we should be worried about, but rather irreversible demographic change.

However, that’s a wholy different discussion. From a mildly pragmatic standpoint, I would understand your ideas about not suppressing their slimy ideology, as that would probably popularize their idiocy. However, morally, I have a problem tolerating their hogwash, and would always campaign to shut them down.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:11 am

South Odreria 2 wrote:Most weren’t, some were.
the point wasnt do you agree with me and i never defined extraorthodoxy as ppl who agree with me, and the point wasnt to "propose good ideas", i didn't ask ppl to think my ideas are good, i invited them to see how mentally taxing it is to consider them

Well that’s what I was expressing, rather clumsily I guess.
Valrifell wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General