NATION

PASSWORD

TET: With Great Power & All That Jazz

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:01 pm

Minskiev wrote:
Heloin wrote:And I say hey, yeah, yeah, yeah yay
Hey, yay, yay
I said hey, what's goin' on?

Cuz all the other kids with their pumped up kicks
Better run, better run, faster than my gun
Aaalllll the other kids with their pumped up kicks
Better run, better run, faster than my bullets *tch*

All ye bully-rooks with your buskin boots
Best ye go, best ye go, faster than mine arrow
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:03 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Even Scientologists can be right about some things.

The level of double-think required for this sentence is staggering.
Anyway, I'm working on a thread for this.

Can't wait.

I absolutely can wait. Someone will say I'm brainwashed at some point in the thread, and that will be inevitable. :lol2:
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Minskiev wrote:
Cuz all the other kids with their pumped up kicks
Better run, better run, faster than my gun
Aaalllll the other kids with their pumped up kicks
Better run, better run, faster than my bullets *tch*

All ye bully-rooks with your buskin boots
Best ye go, best ye go, faster than mine arrow

All ze gopniks vith zeir balaclavas
Needs to run, needs to run, faster zan my AK
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:The level of double-think required for this sentence is staggering.

Can't wait.

I absolutely can wait. Someone will say I'm brainwashed at some point in the thread, and that will be inevitable. :lol2:

Well done on the cult OP, Gen.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I absolutely can wait. Someone will say I'm brainwashed at some point in the thread, and that will be inevitable. :lol2:

Well done on the cult OP, Gen.

Thank you. :)
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:36 pm

So looking back at the old threads and posts, this was one of mine back in Dec 2019 for a NSG thread on Diversity.

Valentine Z wrote:Happy Holidays to you all, and I hope that you guys will have a great 2020.

Ohhh, the naive, naive Valentine.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 pm

Valentine Z wrote:So looking back at the old threads and posts, this was one of mine back in Dec 2019 for a NSG thread on Diversity.

Valentine Z wrote:Happy Holidays to you all, and I hope that you guys will have a great 2020.

It's not naïve to wish people a happy and prosperous new year. Of course, if you knew and didn't warn us ... :eyebrow:
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:42 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:So looking back at the old threads and posts, this was one of mine back in Dec 2019 for a NSG thread on Diversity.

It's not naïve to wish people a happy and prosperous new year. Of course, if you knew and didn't warn us ... :eyebrow:

The future-seeing goggles, they do nothing. :(
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:43 pm

Personally, I’m both stressed out and relieved.

School is ending in 2 days, however I have a big math final test in a few hours. After that, it’s practically smooth sailing and I get to move from one of the worst places to be currently to one of the best. NYC to rural NY.

Well, time to sleep. Goodbye. Or badbye, if you don’t deserve it. Mediumbye? Ehh, Valentine brings it up to mediumrarebye. There we go. Mediumrarebye.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:44 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:It's not naïve to wish people a happy and prosperous new year. Of course, if you knew and didn't warn us ... :eyebrow:

Like those xray glasses they used to advertise in the back of comic books.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:44 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:It's not naïve to wish people a happy and prosperous new year. Of course, if you knew and didn't warn us ... :eyebrow:

Liar! You are from the future you sadist! Get him!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:The future-seeing goggles, they do nothing. :(

Hey! Those worked :?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 pm

You couldn't have known. I thought this would be the best year of my life. :lol2:

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:48 pm

I was getting close.
Heloin wrote:Will the 2020's be remembered like the fake idealised version of a period of increasing economic instability, wealth inequality, and political corruption? Probably not, not enough Gangsters running liquor.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:07 pm

Geneviev wrote:

You couldn't have known. I thought this would be the best year of my life. :lol2:

Personally, I think 2020 is the best that my family has had in years, and if my mom gets that job outright, then I think personally, it would have been great.

I just need to ignore everything else on this godforsaken rock...
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You couldn't have known. I thought this would be the best year of my life. :lol2:

Personally, I think 2020 is the best that my family has had in years, and if my mom gets that job outright, then I think personally, it would have been great.

Stay away from Earth and you'll be fine. :p

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Personally, I think 2020 is the best that my family has had in years, and if my mom gets that job outright, then I think personally, it would have been great.

Stay away from Earth and you'll be fine. :p

Or at least get off of social media, if only for my own sanity.

Alas, I have too much time on my hands, and sure, I could do things that'd be more productive like applying for student loans, crushing the bottles in the living room to take them to the recycling depot, mowing the lawn, etc etc etc etc, but I just don't want to.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:16 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Stay away from Earth and you'll be fine. :p

Or at least get off of social media, if only for my own sanity.

Alas, I have too much time on my hands, and sure, I could do things that'd be more productive like applying for student loans, crushing the bottles in the living room to take them to the recycling depot, mowing the lawn, etc etc etc etc, but I just don't want to.

There are productive things to do and they should not be done. Apparently laziness can be good for you, so you don't have to bother. You probably should, but not too much.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:17 pm

You're our funny Valentine
Sweet, happy Valentine.
You make us smile with our hearts.
You post so cheerily, love cats unwearily
Yet you're our favourite work of art.

We don't speak in binary
It is all Greek to me
When you type in 0s and 1s,
you're too smart.
But don't change a hair, Val Z
Not if you care for we
Stay, happy Valentine, stay!
TET has our Valentine. Yay!
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:20 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:The future-seeing goggles, they do nothing. :(

When I was a kid, I used to be crazy over those "Money printers". Then my parents and my relatives told me, "Well, little Val, if everyone can do this and print their own money... will people still be working?"

The Free Joy State wrote:

You're our funny Valentine
Sweet, happy Valentine.
You make us smile with our hearts.
You post so cheerily, love cats unwearily
Yet you're our favourite work of art.

We don't speak in binary
It is all Greek to me
When you type in 0s and 1s,
you're too smart.
But don't change a hair, Val Z
Not if you care for we
Stay, happy Valentine, stay!
TET has our Valentine. Yay!

Awww, thank you! ♥

If it wasn't for COVID though... 2020 ain't half bad. To be honest, I am so used to being so isolated in my own home (with my family) that it became such a norm. Now I can only think of how awkward it will be if I start going out again.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:21 pm

2020 has been a pretty good year for me.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 pm

Valentine Z wrote:If it wasn't for COVID though... 2020 ain't half bad. To be honest, I am so used to being so isolated in my own home (with my family) that it became such a norm. Now I can only think of how awkward it will be if I start going out again.

Reopening is going to be really strange. I was just looking at my school's plan to reopen next year, and it's going to be extremely different. I don't know if it will be possible to return to normal after all of this.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:32 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:If it wasn't for COVID though... 2020 ain't half bad. To be honest, I am so used to being so isolated in my own home (with my family) that it became such a norm. Now I can only think of how awkward it will be if I start going out again.

Reopening is going to be really strange. I was just looking at my school's plan to reopen next year, and it's going to be extremely different. I don't know if it will be possible to return to normal after all of this.

I'm most very likely having physical classes again 2-3 weeks from now. Of course, not all of them, but just a select few. Goodness knows we can't have lectures with hundreds of people inside just yet. :/
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:34 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Reopening is going to be really strange. I was just looking at my school's plan to reopen next year, and it's going to be extremely different. I don't know if it will be possible to return to normal after all of this.

I'm most very likely having physical classes again 2-3 weeks from now. Of course, not all of them, but just a select few. Goodness knows we can't have lectures with hundreds of people inside just yet. :/

That would be pretty dangerous. But it seems like you're closer to normalcy than I am, so good luck. I hope it stays safe.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:38 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I'm most very likely having physical classes again 2-3 weeks from now. Of course, not all of them, but just a select few. Goodness knows we can't have lectures with hundreds of people inside just yet. :/

That would be pretty dangerous. But it seems like you're closer to normalcy than I am, so good luck. I hope it stays safe.

Thank you, you too! ^^

I just miss the hostel life, because... for once, I got a single room, and now I can't stay in there because of these measures. Sounds like a first-world problem, I know.

As much as I do love my family and love living with them, there's a certain special feeling of living alone in your little room.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General