NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XX: The System Is Kapp Putsch

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which alcoholic beverage is the most right-wing?

Wine (Blood and Body?)
21%
Beer
21%
Vodka
6%
Mead
11%
Whiskey/Whisky
17%
Scotch (option included for Questers and old people)
8%
Rakı (option included specifically for Marches)
4%
Seltzers/Hard Ciders (because the Claw is the LAW)
5%
Gin
4%
Other (Rum/Brandy/Cognac/Tequila)
4%

Total votes : 107

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:57 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Italios wrote:there's literally no such thing as "judeo-christian" anything. the word was literally invented in the '30s-'40s. stop posting cringe.

Judeo-islamo-christian culture has controlled the west for quite some time. It's useful to identify your enemies so you can organize opposition efforts.

Judaism's cultural influence on the West has been pretty minimal. Western Judaism only started to culturally influence *some* parts of the West only relatively recently at a noticeable level, the most prominent example being the United States. The main cultural influences on the West have been Christianity and the Greco-Roman world.
Last edited by The Marlborough on Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Italios wrote:as opposed as the moderation's power to just arbitrarily ban high effort, good faith posters for silly things? what lol

Nothing in the RWDT can be classified as high effort or good faith.

you need to pay more attention, like 85% of posts here are shitposts but the other 15% are basically poli sci dissertations
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Theres nothing wrong with that.

Nah the judeo-christian system is absolutly horrid and is an abomination and degradation of human spirituality. It's good that it got cancelled. It continued stranglehold upon wide parts of the world was (and to an extend still is where islam reigns) an disgrace to this world, to both man and to countless other beings, gods and spirits living along with us on this world and who all have suffered for too long under its false yoke.

That has now an end thankfully. :twisted:

There is no such thing as "Judeo-Christian", for a number of reasons.

1) It was originally Cold War propaganda used to get American Jews on board with supporting the struggle against the USSR (many Jews were originally sympathetic towards the Soviets)
2) It later became part of anti-Islamic propaganda, even though Judaism has more in common with Islam than it does with Christianity, and within Israel, Christians tend to side with Muslim over Jews
3) It is used to excuse Israel's complete stranglehold on our State Department

I ususally prefer the term Abrahamism. For me from an outsider perspective, there isn't a hella lot of difference between the three religions. I perceive them, sort of as different versions of the same O/S. With judaism basically the limited, closed beta. The rest then upgrades for the universal consumption. With Islam the supposed last one. (which why further spinoffs such as Bahaiism or even the Ahmadiyya (who keep upgrading) got such viciously attacked, because there isnt supposed to be anything after version 3.0)

As for the term "judeo-christian";

I am honestly surprised that the term is being overhelmingly rejected. Most times I noticed it its when like people are like "uh oh must defend western civilization" or maybe even "christendom" against le Islam. But then the judeo part is added to include israel and mare sure it doesnt comes across as antisemitic. IMHO its more of a term belonging to the bush decade and the shitty counter-jihadhist movement afaik. (which was full pro-israel)
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Nakena wrote:
I ususally prefer the term Abrahamism. For me from an outsider perspective, there isn't a hella lot of difference between the three religions.

Because you're incredibly ignorant on the subject.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Italios wrote:as opposed as the moderation's power to just arbitrarily ban high effort, good faith posters for silly things? what lol

you know what, this is actually annoying. like two pages back we were actually talking about the state of modern conservatives with a degree of seriousness - making observations in regards to the current political climate, etc - and then you come in here claiming we don't post anything good. yet it's literally you who never actually talks politics and just snipes about people. just fucking stop.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Italios wrote:sorry who are you?

A lurker waiting for someone in the RWDT to do something offensive to I can report it to moderation and get you all banned, obviously.

They're both jokes
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:i do have real beliefs, it's just that i hide them in a thick shroud of irony because my greatest fear is vulnerability :^)
wrong, you're wrong, we are having a disagree

If I can make a guess as to what stance you're taking; is it that as much as you dislike traditional Western Christian influence on the West, you dislike the Progressivist vision for society a lot more?

pretty much - not a huge fan of western christianity, but its presence is vastly preferable to widespread atheism and and an amoral populace as certain turboprogressives advocate

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:00 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
If I can make a guess as to what stance you're taking; is it that as much as you dislike traditional Western Christian influence on the West, you dislike the Progressivist vision for society a lot more?

pretty much - not a huge fan of western christianity, but its presence is vastly preferable to widespread atheism and and an amoral populace as certain turboprogressives advocate

:)
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

atheists aren't "amoral"

also turboprogressives are last year's model, we've upgraded to superchargers now
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Valrifell wrote:

Then why you do pollute the thread with your takes?
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

you need to pay more attention, like 85% of posts here are shitposts but the other 15% are basically poli sci dissertations

I just don't find them very good
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

A bit hard to pollute a tar pit, innit?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:pretty much - not a huge fan of western christianity, but its presence is vastly preferable to widespread atheism and and an amoral populace as certain turboprogressives advocate

atheists aren't "amoral"

also turboprogressives are last year's model, we've upgraded to superchargers now

yeah, atheism isn't inherently amoral, but i'm pretty sure your stances in particular are

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Cisairse wrote:
Judeo-islamo-christian culture has controlled the west for quite some time. It's useful to identify your enemies so you can organize opposition efforts.

Judaism's cultural influence on the West has been pretty minimal. Western Judaism only started to culturally influence *some* parts of the West only relatively recently at a noticeable level, the most prominent example being the United States. The main cultural influences on the West have been Christianity and the Greco-Roman world.

What religion did Christianity break off from?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Cisairse wrote:atheists aren't "amoral"

yeah, atheism isn't inherently amoral, but i'm pretty sure your stances in particular are

I accept this.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Italios wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

you know what, this is actually annoying. like two pages back we were actually talking about the state of modern conservatives with a degree of seriousness - making observations in regards to the current political climate, etc - and then you come in here claiming we don't post anything good. yet it's literally you who never actually talks politics and just snipes about people. just fucking stop.

I'm not making snipes, that would imply some degree of personal pettiness attatched. This is more general pettiness, a shotgun approach if you will.

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Nakena wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
There is no such thing as "Judeo-Christian", for a number of reasons.

1) It was originally Cold War propaganda used to get American Jews on board with supporting the struggle against the USSR (many Jews were originally sympathetic towards the Soviets)
2) It later became part of anti-Islamic propaganda, even though Judaism has more in common with Islam than it does with Christianity, and within Israel, Christians tend to side with Muslim over Jews
3) It is used to excuse Israel's complete stranglehold on our State Department

I ususally prefer the term Abrahamism. For me from an outsider perspective, there isn't a hella lot of difference between the three religions. I perceive them, sort of as different versions of the same O/S. With judaism basically the limited, closed beta. The rest then upgrades for the universal consumption. With Islam the supposed last one. (which why further spinoffs such as Bahaiism or even the Ahmadiyya (who keep upgrading) got such viciously attacked, because there isnt supposed to be anything after version 3.0)

As for the term "judeo-christian";

I am honestly surprised that the term is being overhelmingly rejected. Most times I noticed it its when like people are like "uh oh must defend western civilization" or maybe even "christendom" against le Islam. But then the judeo part is added to include israel and mare sure it doesnt comes across as antisemitic. IMHO its more of a term belonging to the bush decade and the shitty counter-jihadhist movement afaik. (which was full pro-israel)

judeo-evangelicalism makes a lot more sense on the last point then. there's not even a weak connection between judaism and all other sects of Christianity.

and that's precisely the problem, from an outsider perspective all religions that have coexisted look the same. examine the actual theology and how it relates to the political and philosophical and you'll see that's empirically false.

if Europe was judaic it would be highly educated, interbred shtels. and no this isn't JQ shit, that's just how all branches of judaism are organized (Mizrahi, sephardic, Ashkenazi, etc).
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Imperium Romanum Sanctis wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
There are plenty of people here who unironically do that.

In my opinion, unless a person is posting obvious spam (like a bunch of irrelevant gifs or something), you're a power-tripping bitch for reporting people on an anonymous internet forum.

I also believe the quality of posting here would increase if you could actually call someone a dipshit directly.

Probably the amount of users too.

This forum's active userbase is pretty barebones.

Agreed.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:pretty much - not a huge fan of western christianity, but its presence is vastly preferable to widespread atheism and and an amoral populace as certain turboprogressives advocate

atheists aren't "amoral"

Well... I mean, if you believe that morality isn't objective and is completely subject to individuals own interpretations ( and then acknowledge everyone has different interpretations ), then they are by definition amoral.

Edit: a better word would be self interested
Last edited by Joohan on Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

So why bother at all? You're just shitposting
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Valrifell wrote:

that's because you think "political debate" (lmao) is about responding to someones points by calling out "logical fallacies" and demanding "sources" for prima facie observations like a first year philosophy student, when actually any kind of useful discussion about the state of the world between two or more intelligent people capable of listening to each other without screaming looks more or less - shock horror - like a conversation, which RWDT threads look like, and which you would be able to spot if you had ever had a conversation with someone you don't agree with in real life
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

That's not a crime, last I checked.

Imperium Romanum Sanctis
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Romanum Sanctis » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Cisairse wrote:
No there's not

Never underestimate the capacity for the DNC to shoot itself in the foot. Though "above 1%" is an exaggeration, they're betting it on Biden this time. Probably.

There's a fringe theory out there that Biden will choose Hillary as his running mate, beat Trump, and then be forced to resign due to his worsening dementia. Vice President Clinton would then assume the presidency.

It would make for one hell of an election year. Something to give 2016 a run for its money.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
There are plenty of people here who unironically do that.

In my opinion, unless a person is posting obvious spam (like a bunch of irrelevant gifs or something), you're a power-tripping bitch for reporting people on an anonymous internet forum.

I also believe the quality of posting here would increase if you could actually call someone a dipshit directly.
the idea of directly telling someone theyre being an idiot, as a man would, is so alien to austrian book site, dont even try

It would be better in the long run.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:05 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Isn't that what makes up this entire thread series?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General