NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:00 pm

Hey, would it be okay if I made a post regarding Gaash directing the Huotsi people to a land of plenty? Sort of like the Biblical narrative of Exodus, where God shows the Israelites the Promised Land. This is the thing that spurs on the Huotsi to abandon their nomadic lifestyle, and would also be an origin story for the seven clans. Then they'll migrate over there and build Huotsipol during the three century timeskip.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:01 pm

Sure thing! Go on right ahead.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:04 pm

Ovesa wrote:Sure thing! Go on right ahead.

Nice! Also, it might help to make a map for this sort of thing, since we're getting to the point where location is beginning to be relevant. Bronze Age polities on two sides of a continent won't be able to influence each other, for instance.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:07 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:

Nice! Also, it might help to make a map for this sort of thing, since we're getting to the point where location is beginning to be relevant. Bronze Age polities on two sides of a continent won't be able to influence each other, for instance.

I've been looking for a good map maker, but I've been struggling to find one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:23 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:Nice! Also, it might help to make a map for this sort of thing, since we're getting to the point where location is beginning to be relevant. Bronze Age polities on two sides of a continent won't be able to influence each other, for instance.

I've been looking for a good map maker, but I've been struggling to find one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You could always wing it and use Paint.
NS stats are not used.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:50 pm

You could get a random map from Google images that allows you to easily paint it in MS Paint.

There is also this thing: https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/
Last edited by Slaver Pirates of Vaas on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:16 am

Update. Made my post detailing this. I took the magic stick part from the Inca Empire's origin myth. I also did not mention the direction they were going, so as to allow for some flexibility when you made the map.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:39 am

If anybody wants a map, I'm down for making one.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:35 am

Ovesa wrote:Huotsipol and the Crystalline Republic are accepted!

As for the other civs, it's been decided that Gods and Semi-Divines can't directly rule over civilizations. Without this constraint, the RP essentially becomes a faction-based one with overpowered immortal rulers.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I won't be able to post until later today, but I will do my best to keep in contact while I'm working :)

I will reuse a Sepis in a different way. It would be better if Sepis were used only as a protector not as a ruler.
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:46 am

GOD APP
Name: Bahakot
Epiphet(s): Supreme Shaman, Divine Shaman, Flesh-mender, Sun Skin
Domain(s): Medicine, health, sport, athletes
Personality: Bahakot is ferociously competitive, but tends to favor situations and games wherein the rules are well defined and observed -- this makes him a bit less ambitious in the grand schemes of other deities. As such, he is also trustworthy as both an opponent and an ally, though he typically thinks little of many other deities, blaming his ilk for the ultimate destruction of the previous universe and the unnecessary loss of its accumulated knowledge. One of his primary aims is the preservation of the world's mortal races and assisting in their pursuit of knowledge of their own physiology, and their protection -- at least from other deities.

An embodiment of bodily health, Bahakot is kind and encouraging to the world's mortal races, and is a patron deity to athletes and outdoorsmen of each intelligent species. Bahakot detests laziness, and spends much of his own time thinking up a new game, learning something about the anatomy of mortals to facilitate healing, or attempting to arrange one of his rare tournaments wherein he invites or summons mortal champions of all species to participate in a myriad of competitions.

Appearance: Bahakot is not an imposing figure by most accounts, typically choosing to appear as a humanoid standing just under six feet in his "default" guise, with closely-cut, grey-black hair. His skin is a dark olive, and he has a wide face with a sharply defined jaw accompanied by energetic brown eyes that often betray his competitive fire.
Equipment: Bahakot generally carries little with him, but the items most commonly associated with him are throwing spears, discs, and balls of most any sport. His most common symbol is a small, precise blade, with its handle encrusted with a singular orange-yellow gem. The blade is said to be the one with which he sculpts the flesh of mortal races to produce a "perfect" example of each one.

Bahakot wears loose, light robes embroidered with elaborate designs in warm oranges and yellows. He also enjoys jewelry, sporting two golden wristbands and a golden circlet on his forehead, featuring the same orange-yellow gem present on his blade's handle.
Anything else:
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:50 am

Hey Hepthalites, Lancearc's application seems like a foil for Abraxes. You might want to check it out. Speaking of the god, I'm considering making Huotsipol hostile towards Abraxes' cult, since theirs is an expanding civilization, and if the farmers are too content to bother raising crop yields in spite of a growing population.. yeah.
NS stats are not used.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:01 am

Just remember guys, Hitomi controls the weather thus the rain your crops get. Your peoples better not do anything to piss her off.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:46 am

Danubian Peoples wrote:Hey Hepthalites, Lancearc's application seems like a foil for Abraxes. You might want to check it out. Speaking of the god, I'm considering making Huotsipol hostile towards Abraxes' cult, since theirs is an expanding civilization, and if the farmers are too content to bother raising crop yields in spite of a growing population.. yeah.

Goddess of ambition: exists
You: Hmm yeah no
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:37 am

Lancearc wrote:GOD APP
Personality: Bahakot is ferociously competitive, but tends to favor situations and games wherein the rules are well defined and observed -- this makes him a bit less ambitious in the grand schemes of other deities. As such, he is also trustworthy as both an opponent and an ally, though he typically thinks little of many other deities, blaming his ilk for the ultimate destruction of the previous universe and the unnecessary loss of its accumulated knowledge. One of his primary aims is the preservation of the world's mortal races and assisting in their pursuit of knowledge of their own physiology, and their protection -- at least from other deities.

An embodiment of bodily health, Bahakot is kind and encouraging to the world's mortal races, and is a patron deity to athletes and outdoorsmen of each intelligent species. Bahakot detests laziness, and spends much of his own time thinking up a new game, learning something about the anatomy of mortals to facilitate healing, or attempting to arrange one of his rare tournaments wherein he invites or summons mortal champions of all species to participate in a myriad of competitions.

Appearance: Bahakot is not an imposing figure by most accounts, typically choosing to appear as a humanoid standing just under six feet in his "default" guise, with closely-cut, grey-black hair. His skin is a dark olive, and he has a wide face with a sharply defined jaw accompanied by energetic brown eyes that often betray his competitive fire.
Equipment: Bahakot generally carries little with him, but the items most commonly associated with him are throwing spears, discs, and balls of most any sport. His most common symbol is a small, precise blade, with its handle encrusted with a singular orange-yellow gem. The blade is said to be the one with which he sculpts the flesh of mortal races to produce a "perfect" example of each one.

Bahakot wears loose, light robes embroidered with elaborate designs in warm oranges and yellows. He also enjoys jewelry, sporting two golden wristbands and a golden circlet on his forehead, featuring the same orange-yellow gem present on his blade's handle.
Anything else:

Accepted! Very nice app. Looking forward to seeing him interact with the other deities :) plus, some godly Olympics would be wicked.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Anything else:

I have a good idea that you can give to your character. If you look up the brief history of Sparta, by the time many different city states rise up, they start participating in Warrior Games with each other to settle their rivalries.

On that note actually, could OP add "The first city state rises in Sparta" - 400 AMR

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:33 pm

Hello y'all! Just a heads up, I'm planning on having a three hundred year timeskip happen either late tonight or early tomorrow. It should be just enough time for y'all to develop some civs, make some species, all that jazz. Does that sound ok?

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:34 pm

So we'll be landing when?

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:35 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:

Anything else:

I have a good idea that you can give to your character. If you look up the brief history of Sparta, by the time many different city states rise up, they start participating in Warrior Games with each other to settle their rivalries.

On that note actually, could OP add "The first city state rises in Sparta" - 400 AMR

This is actually along the lines of what I was hoping to begin a precedent of, so the fact it is also a historical precedent is even better :p
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Timeskip is probably happening 18 hours from now, unless there are major objections.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:00 pm

Ovesa wrote:Timeskip is probably happening 18 hours from now, unless there are major objections.

What will be the year we land in? 1000?

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:09 pm

I thought City of Algol never got accepted.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:I thought City of Algol never got accepted.

You're right, it's not supposed to be in the post. My bad

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:03 pm

Ovesa wrote:Timeskip is probably happening 18 hours from now, unless there are major objections.

I have no objections, do move along with this stuff. Although, wouldn't a timeskip have character development in the gods? Granted, these are deities who have lifespans much, much longer than mortals, so any developments might be far slower.
NS stats are not used.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:

I have no objections, do move along with this stuff. Although, wouldn't a timeskip have character development in the gods? Granted, these are deities who have lifespans much, much longer than mortals, so any developments might be far slower.

With beings as long-lived (and able to exist out of time) as gods the idea that centuries can pass without much character change isn't really outlandish. I'm fine with a skip as well.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:31 pm

CIV APP
Name: Bakhēla
Government Type: Hereditary tribalism
Ruler: Kiran Manish (though several lesser tribes exist as indirect "vassals" of the primary tribal kingdom)
Patron God(s): Bahakot, though other deities and some minor nature spirits are revered.
Species: H. Sapiens
Culture: The Bakhēla became a distinct group from neighboring cultures thanks to their migration to the region of the world aptly named after its people. The various mountain-dwelling tribes that inhabit the area are a hardened people with little time for recreation. That is not to say sport doesn't play a vital role in their culture, however -- the opposite is true, in fact. As much of their time is spent on the act of simply eeking out their survival in cliffside villages, discovering innovative ways to farm and ranch with the limited space they have, the Bakhēla hold ceremonial games every few months. These inter-tribal competitions serve as their main method of worship for Bahakot, and the winners are often rewarded with honored positions within tribes as holy men.

The Bakhēla are herders primarily, as the high-altitude terrain lends itself poorly to large-scale agriculture. They typically keep themselves distanced from the affairs of the world outside of their mountainside dwellings, which range from elaborate systems of "apartments" carved into the faces of large cliffs to more traditional villages perched on small outcroppings available on the slopes of large mountains. They also revere the mountains themselves, and at the highest peaks (with suitable terrain) there are often large, flattened spaces reserved for a myriad of different sports and a shrine to Bahakot. The sun is an important symbol, as they say the sunrise and sunset are both cause by Bahakot leaping over the mountains, the red-orange glow caused by his distinctive jewelry.

The tribes are cooperative, but rarely is any high-scale organization or unification seen as of the present day.
Brief History: Though the origins of the tribes which migrated to the Bakhēla's modern homeland are muddled, as is the timeframe in which the migration occurred, local folklore says the groups were refugees of a great conflict. Disillusioned with warfare and bickering, the Bakhēla retreated to the valley which would later bear their name, and ascended the slopes on each side, choosing to dwell high on the peaks to form a society of their own. Warfare has been sparse between the tribes, with most major disputes being settled by way of feats of strength, athleticism, and other sport.

Bahakot has shown direct favor to the Bakhēla from time to time, giving them the knowledge of which diets best suit their new environment, how to fashion medicines from native flora and fauna, and how to take advantage of the admittedly poor soil to produce a small crop yearly.
Anything else:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse