NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:44 pm

Minskiev wrote:Voion quickly set to work on building a civilization of his planned species, Homo sapiens. After all, what good is a god of prosperity, commerce, and trade if there is nothing to prosper, nothing trading, and nothing commercial?

Locating the island he fell onto, he watched Hitomi zip past him like he was merely a particle of the air. She must have been going at least Mach 30. Probably more. And then the gigantic wave hit him.

His clothing was soaking wet. Fish in his pocket. Seaweed between his hair. Of course, it lasted one second, considering he’s a god, but still. “Not cool.” he yelled. “I’ll get revenge later.”

He soon found the island, and the first thing he did was expand it. He called Musashi over to shape the island, expand it, flatten some parts, create profitable tourist attractions. The sort. Thankfully, he did it quite quickly. Now to design the first city in his planned Megalopolis. The name of the city? “Voion City? Nope. Voi? No..Voio? Ehh. Voia? Voia. Yes. Voia.” The city of Voia, the business capital of the dimension. It was the small crater caused by Voion’s fall from the primordial soup that would be the city center of the soon-to-be bustling metropolis.

However, to create a truly perfect, efficient, timeless city, he would need help from a professional. No, a deity. “Hey Tesla, could you come over here?”

"Okay." She responded, trying to fight her boredom.

She'd instantly think-up a blueprint of the city and where everything'd be at (the outline/terrain)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:55 pm

Hitomi hovered over the large ocean that is below her with a smile on her face thinking,This would be a great place to create some islands. She used her domain over all volcanos to begin creating an island chain of her own. If anybody could see this, all they would see was 12 different volcanos spewing out lava and ash clouds.

1 week later

Hitomi ended the eruptions for now then flew off to find Gaash. She found him tending to his stars she asked him a question, "Hey Gaash was it. Can you help bring life to my Island Chain? It is quite barren and I want it to look good to the other gods and goddesses."
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:59 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Hitomi hovered over the large ocean that is below her with a smile on her face thinking,This would be a great place to create some islands. She used her domain over all volcanos to begin creating an island chain of her own. If anybody could see this, all they would see was 12 different volcanos spewing out lava and ash clouds.

1 week later

Hitomi ended the eruptions for now then flew off to find Gaash. She found him tending to his stars she asked him a question, "Hey Gaash was it. Can you help bring life to my Island Chain? It is quite barren and I want it to look good to the other gods and goddesses."

OOC: 70% of the islands will be gone after a year, you could have asked me and I could have made an actual island with a big hole in the middle for a volcano

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Somerania wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Hitomi hovered over the large ocean that is below her with a smile on her face thinking,This would be a great place to create some islands. She used her domain over all volcanos to begin creating an island chain of her own. If anybody could see this, all they would see was 12 different volcanos spewing out lava and ash clouds.

1 week later

OOC: 70% of the islands will be gone after a year, you could have asked me and I could have made an actual island with a big hole in the middle for a volcano

OOC: Actually they won't be disappearing as I intend on creating a species to live on these islands plus they are large islands.
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:08 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Somerania wrote:

OOC: Actually they won't be disappearing as I intend on creating a species to live on these islands plus they are large islands.

OOC: I said 70% not all

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Being at the top gets lonely sometimes.

The literal top, that is.

Gaash by now had done the solar song and dance for some time, parading his magic hoe across the sky, creating the days enjoyed by the things below, and retiring to his vast garden of stars in the night, when his golden hoe ceased its glow. Gaash looked up his field of stars, tending to them. Abraxes' pattern, his, constellation, the Big Sipper, as the nominal god of happiness and cheer dubbed it of stars, didn't look much like a drinking implement from Gaash's heavenly angle. Perhaps the pattern made more sense far below.

And this far below is what Gaash peered into for a moment, as he curiously looked around to see what the other deities had been doing. Abraxes had his sandy domain, vast and empty, unshackled from Gaash's greens. Adurja had crafted strange nighttime fliers, and Gaash tired to take a further look, but the things were too far away, and too small. Some of the other deities were up to more interesting affairs. Heainia had retired to a personal realm of hers, where the Knowledgable One would let her knowledgable desires play out. Meanwhile, Teiwaz and Voion has gotten eager to build mortal beings, sets of eyes smart enough to appreciate the world the gods had built, and the ameneties needed to sustain them. The latter had even recruited the aid of Musashi and Tesla to help construct their new creation.

Gaash adored watching the world go by from his heavenly station. When he wasn't busy parading his solar hoe around or tending to his stars, Gaash would lie down belly-first, and watch the goings-on of the ground below. Even the mighty construction of great mountains and magnificent temples seemed scarcely larger than rodents at most to Gaash, for he was so far away. And yet, it was this distant action that gradually pushed, no, shoved at the solar deity. He could feel an unbounding curiosity eat at him, crawl through his divine system, scratch from behind his eyes. Gaash wanted to travel to the world below, to momentarily break from the post he had given himself. At first he tried to push past this urge inside of him. Gaash had always enjoyed his station. He loved carrying the sun, tending to the stars. And he tried reaffirming this idea. And it was a true idea, but it was far from beating back the urge to discover. In time, Gaash's curiosity won out, and in the safety of night, he descended.

Gaash flew towards the earth below, its rich soil convered in a menagerie of biota, from the lush green plants of his making, to bats by Adjurna, and even koi by Musashi. The stars had proven themselves to be rather low maintenance, they'd do fine without him in their presence for a while. Using this, Gaash found time to do the descending he was doing. he looked back to see his heavenly realm recede, and he began to appreciate the majestic appearance of the stars he'd so carefully fashioned. Abraxes' little constellation even began to make more sense to Gaash, he could play connect the dots with the stars in question and reveal a drinking mug.

Gaash found the ground, coming closer and closer to him. Even if he were the strongest, most durable material in creation, he would surely break apart on impact, from a fall of this height. But Gaash was a god, and so he slowed his descent, before he came to a soft landing. Gaash carefully peeked behind the blanket he kept on his golden hoe whenever he needed to make excursions below. Still dark, the golden hoe had yet to begin its morning glow. Gaash had been careful to plan this adventure of his, having descended from the stars at about what we'd call eight in the evening. He had plenty of time to explore before he needed to return to his solar duties.

Gaash took his first steps on the earthly soil, and began to investigate his surroundings. He'd landed in a forest clearing, flanked by wide trees. Gaash pressed his hand against the trunks, and felt their bark For a god of plants, Gaash really hadn't taken the time to get a feel for them, a fact which became painfully obvious as he found himself astonished at their nighttime beauty. Even though the trees were all colored only in dark shades of blue and green, he could see their majesty.

Gaash spent some time in the clearing, before moving out. Next he found himself walking in a wide grassland of his. Their shoots did indeed burst out of the ground. Gaash was wowed by this as he threw himself into the field, running through the tall grasses like a wild animal. Never had he taken the opportunity to enjoy creation like this. Eventually, he moved too, from this, to explore another facet of creation.

Next, Gaash found himself at a river's edge after some time spent gallavanting through fields, and peered into the water to see aquatic forms. Strange fishes, dreamt up by the other gods, including the koi of Musashi's making. Gaash watched the water run, before he moved once again.

Now, Gaash found himself face-to-face with something new in the making. He spied Teiwaz and his mountainous islands. He watched as the deity attacked the mountains, scultping them into forms more suited for his tastes. They were gods after all. Gaash pondered for a moment, about the idea of building sapient forms. More than a few of his deific compatriots had begun with the process, and Gaash felt like he was missing out. Perhaps this is what he needed in the skies. Men and women to call it home along with him. Gaash continued with this train of thought. If these new beings were to be anything like the animals that they'd dreamt up before, they'd need something to eat. And if they were to be made in the image of the gods, with their 5 digits and 4 arms, they'd need something to eat that they could handle. While his trees bore fruit, they were a long lived sort, and took years to emerge from the soil. And the animals were hard to catch. Some bore sharp teeth and tusks to ward off attackers, while others shooed away in holes to tight for arms to fit through. He'd need to build a new plant for this.

And so it is with thought in mind that Gaash rocketed back to the heavens, and began crafting a new form. It would be relatively easy to grow, sprouting within a single turn of the seasons, and its seeds would be small. He fashioned this new kind of plant out of the grasses, he took one grass shoot and twisted it into something more appetizing for these future forms. He dubbed it grain, and made a variety of types. Wheat, barely, millet, he was having fun with these names. he collected their seeds into small bags, and made a note to demonstrate them to the other deities. With this finished, Gaash decided that it would do good to return to his duties, and so he returned to tending to the stars.

1 week later

Gaash was shortly thereafter confronted by the goddess Hitomi. Word of her annoying nature proceded the goddess, but Gaash was not very educated in this regard, for he so little experience in ground-level matters, where so many of the deities spent their days. Hitomi had asked him to bring some vibrance to an island chain she had in the works, to impress the other deities. As the floral deity, Gaash agreed to the plan, and descended once more from the heavens, but not before bringing some small bags of grain seed with him.

It was still dark, and Gaash had more than enough time to work something beautiful into these islands. He made a great forest to cover each island, and had vines creep through the trunks. The vines themselves grew big blossoming flowers of every color, and would be inviting to many types of fauna that other deities had come up with. The trees themselves were tall and thin, their long branches serving as a home for arboreal types. Their branches would also go exotic fruit, that would surely be a feast for many. Eventually, Gaash was finished with the islands, and had created a wonderful work out of them. But the time of morning was near, he could tell. Pressing his hand against the blanket wrapped around his hoe, Gaash could feel the glow beginning to come on. With not much time left, Gaash turned to Hitomi.

'The deed is done. Your islands have been decorated in greenery most lush.But before I depart, I must share something.' said Gaash.

'These are grain seeds. They're a new plant of mine, perfect for future sapient beings. Please, spread this word to the other gods, especially those seeking to build civilizations.' Gaash presented a handful of the interesting new crop. He passed small bags of wheat, barley, millet and rice to the goddess, before ascending up into the sky, where he removed the blanket from his hoe, and heralded a new day!
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:29 pm

OOC: Musashi, you realize as gods we just change our form at will, right? Like revert things that changed your appearance? Of course, Hephaestus couldn’t change himself to look less ugly, but gods can still clean themselves at will. Anyways, back to the RP.

Voia. The heart of the soon bustling civilization led by Voion. It was now perfectly planned out, for maximum efficiency. Once everything is built, there will be easy transportation. Lots of space for parks, temples, anything. No risk of natural disasters. Plenty of room. Minimal pollution. Truly a perfect city. However, a city can’t function without people living in it. So, Voion is going to summon 100,000 Homo sapiens and run it.

“Alright. The birth of my corporate empire. The heart of my corporate empire. The capital. Now, to populate it. 3. 2. 1. Behold!” 100,000 “humans” were created within the city. However, it was Voion’s job to teach them how to be civilized.

This was going to be a long process. First, they didn’t have a language. So, gradually Voion taught the smartest 1,000 how to speak it perfectly, write it perfectly, and read it perfectly. He then employed these 1,000 to teach the others how to speak it. Second, they were all naked. He taught them all how to create clothing, taught them about clothing, and about the benefits of it. Third, how to function. He taught them about sleep, waking up, brushing your teeth, eating, everything to function. This was going to be a long month.

However, a month nonetheless. By the end of the month, all 100,000 of these humans he created knew how to think freely, function, learn, do anything civilized people could do. And, with their free will, these people attended schools, taught by humans. Built by humans. Organized by humans. Voion had created a functioning society, without its flaws. No gender inequality, no sex inequality, nothing. However, it was now his turn to introduce himself as their god.

“Hello, everybody! You may know me as the mayor of this beautiful city, Voia. And that is true, for now. However, you may have seen me do things none of you are able to do. And that is because I am a god. I may look like a human, but I have superhuman powers. I created you all, and this city. I am Voion, the god of Prosperity, Commerce, and Trade. Have I not made you all prosperous? Exactly. And when you die, you get based off of your choices in life, whether you are overall good or bad, to determine what happens after you die. If you worship me, like a good Voian, you shall go to the place for the good people, Paradise. If you’re a bad person, ungrateful for what I have done to you? You go to Hell. Now, any questions?“

“Yes, how do we worship you?”

“Good question. Do you see those buildings over there? Those are Temples, where you can pray for me. If you do so, I will reward you, and help you through your struggles.”

“What if I don’t want to worship you?”

“It’s your choice to do that, however it’s not a very wise choice. If you do not worship me, yet you still are a good person, you will go to Paradise. However, if instead of not worshipping me, you rally people against me, you are going to Hell. Do not stand against me. Stand with me or stand away.”

“Well, my doctor said I had a broken arm. If I worship you, can you fix that?”

“Your doctor can fix that. However, since you have been a good person, I will make sure he is successful in doing so.”

“What is the name of the temple?”

“Good question. Probably just the Temple of Voion. Now, enough questions. Praise me and I shall guide you through life and end suffering in it.”

And with that, Voion gained 90,000 followers in one day. Every day, those numbers grew and grew. He was on course to becoming by far the most followed god. Voion had created his and Voia’s future.
Last edited by Minskiev on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Anitgrum
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Anitgrum » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Socor looked on in wonder as new world spawn from their collective effort.
"I swear not to make the same mistakes as my predecessors."
He descended to the mortal realm and began carving vast deserts form the land. Vistas of barren salt flats ,dunes of shifting sand,and stony desolate mountain sides now populated creation. Next Socor turned his attention towards populating the deserts with fauna and flora. From the sands of the deserts emerged a new creatures they had six legs two pincers and tail like Socor. Out the desert's dust came hairy beasts with long necks and a hump on their back. Several thorny scrubs and flowering cacti emerged from the dry ground.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:Being at the top gets lonely sometimes.

The literal top, that is.

Gaash by now had done the solar song and dance for some time, parading his magic hoe across the sky, creating the days enjoyed by the things below, and retiring to his vast garden of stars in the night, when his golden hoe ceased its glow. Gaash looked up his field of stars, tending to them. Abraxes' pattern, his, constellation, the Big Sipper, as the nominal god of happiness and cheer dubbed it of stars, didn't look much like a drinking implement from Gaash's heavenly angle. Perhaps the pattern made more sense far below.

And this far below is what Gaash peered into for a moment, as he curiously looked around to see what the other deities had been doing. Abraxes had his sandy domain, vast and empty, unshackled from Gaash's greens. Adurja had crafted strange nighttime fliers, and Gaash tired to take a further look, but the things were too far away, and too small. Some of the other deities were up to more interesting affairs. Heainia had retired to a personal realm of hers, where the Knowledgable One would let her knowledgable desires play out. Meanwhile, Teiwaz and Voion has gotten eager to build mortal beings, sets of eyes smart enough to appreciate the world the gods had built, and the ameneties needed to sustain them. The latter had even recruited the aid of Musashi and Tesla to help construct their new creation.

Gaash adored watching the world go by from his heavenly station. When he wasn't busy parading his solar hoe around or tending to his stars, Gaash would lie down belly-first, and watch the goings-on of the ground below. Even the mighty construction of great mountains and magnificent temples seemed scarcely larger than rodents at most to Gaash, for he was so far away. And yet, it was this distant action that gradually pushed, no, shoved at the solar deity. He could feel an unbounding curiosity eat at him, crawl through his divine system, scratch from behind his eyes. Gaash wanted to travel to the world below, to momentarily break from the post he had given himself. At first he tried to push past this urge inside of him. Gaash had always enjoyed his station. He loved carrying the sun, tending to the stars. And he tried reaffirming this idea. And it was a true idea, but it was far from beating back the urge to discover. In time, Gaash's curiosity won out, and in the safety of night, he descended.

Gaash flew towards the earth below, its rich soil convered in a menagerie of biota, from the lush green plants of his making, to bats by Adjurna, and even koi by Musashi. The stars had proven themselves to be rather low maintenance, they'd do fine without him in their presence for a while. Using this, Gaash found time to do the descending he was doing. he looked back to see his heavenly realm recede, and he began to appreciate the majestic appearance of the stars he'd so carefully fashioned. Abraxes' little constellation even began to make more sense to Gaash, he could play connect the dots with the stars in question and reveal a drinking mug.

Gaash found the ground, coming closer and closer to him. Even if he were the strongest, most durable material in creation, he would surely break apart on impact, from a fall of this height. But Gaash was a god, and so he slowed his descent, before he came to a soft landing. Gaash carefully peeked behind the blanket he kept on his golden hoe whenever he needed to make excursions below. Still dark, the golden hoe had yet to begin its morning glow. Gaash had been careful to plan this adventure of his, having descended from the stars at about what we'd call eight in the evening. He had plenty of time to explore before he needed to return to his solar duties.

Gaash took his first steps on the earthly soil, and began to investigate his surroundings. He'd landed in a forest clearing, flanked by wide trees. Gaash pressed his hand against the trunks, and felt their bark For a god of plants, Gaash really hadn't taken the time to get a feel for them, a fact which became painfully obvious as he found himself astonished at their nighttime beauty. Even though the trees were all colored only in dark shades of blue and green, he could see their majesty.

Gaash spent some time in the clearing, before moving out. Next he found himself walking in a wide grassland of his. Their shoots did indeed burst out of the ground. Gaash was wowed by this as he threw himself into the field, running through the tall grasses like a wild animal. Never had he taken the opportunity to enjoy creation like this. Eventually, he moved too, from this, to explore another facet of creation.

Next, Gaash found himself at a river's edge after some time spent gallavanting through fields, and peered into the water to see aquatic forms. Strange fishes, dreamt up by the other gods, including the koi of Musashi's making. Gaash watched the water run, before he moved once again.

Now, Gaash found himself face-to-face with something new in the making. He spied Teiwaz and his mountainous islands. He watched as the deity attacked the mountains, scultping them into forms more suited for his tastes. They were gods after all. Gaash pondered for a moment, about the idea of building sapient forms. More than a few of his deific compatriots had begun with the process, and Gaash felt like he was missing out. Perhaps this is what he needed in the skies. Men and women to call it home along with him. Gaash continued with this train of thought. If these new beings were to be anything like the animals that they'd dreamt up before, they'd need something to eat. And if they were to be made in the image of the gods, with their 5 digits and 4 arms, they'd need something to eat that they could handle. While his trees bore fruit, they were a long lived sort, and took years to emerge from the soil. And the animals were hard to catch. Some bore sharp teeth and tusks to ward off attackers, while others shooed away in holes to tight for arms to fit through. He'd need to build a new plant for this.

And so it is with thought in mind that Gaash rocketed back to the heavens, and began crafting a new form. It would be relatively easy to grow, sprouting within a single turn of the seasons, and its seeds would be small. He fashioned this new kind of plant out of the grasses, he took one grass shoot and twisted it into something more appetizing for these future forms. He dubbed it grain, and made a variety of types. Wheat, barely, millet, he was having fun with these names. he collected their seeds into small bags, and made a note to demonstrate them to the other deities. With this finished, Gaash decided that it would do good to return to his duties, and so he returned to tending to the stars.

1 week later

Gaash was shortly thereafter confronted by the goddess Hitomi. Word of her annoying nature proceded the goddess, but Gaash was not very educated in this regard, for he so little experience in ground-level matters, where so many of the deities spent their days. Hitomi had asked him to bring some vibrance to an island chain she had in the works, to impress the other deities. As the floral deity, Gaash agreed to the plan, and descended once more from the heavens, but not before bringing some small bags of grain seed with him.

It was still dark, and Gaash had more than enough time to work something beautiful into these islands. He made a great forest to cover each island, and had vines creep through the trunks. The vines themselves grew big blossoming flowers of every color, and would be inviting to many types of fauna that other deities had come up with. The trees themselves were tall and thin, their long branches serving as a home for arboreal types. Their branches would also go exotic fruit, that would surely be a feast for many. Eventually, Gaash was finished with the islands, and had created a wonderful work out of them. But the time of morning was near, he could tell. Pressing his hand against the blanket wrapped around his hoe, Gaash could feel the glow beginning to come on. With not much time left, Gaash turned to Hitomi.

'The deed is done. Your islands have been decorated in greenery most lush.But before I depart, I must share something.' said Gaash.

'These are grain seeds. They're a new plant of mine, perfect for future sapient beings. Please, spread this word to the other gods, especially those seeking to build civilizations.' Gaash presented a handful of the interesting new crop. He passed small bags of wheat, barley, millet and rice to the goddess, before ascending up into the sky, where he removed the blanket from his hoe, and heralded a new day!

Hitomi watched as Gaash begin his daily routine of carrying the sun across the sky with smile. 'Don't worry Gaash, I will do what you said' she thought before going to explore her new forested home. For the next 2 days, she was thinking of creating an island civilization on the newly named Senkaku Islands. It will take some planning on what these people would be like. They would be very loyal to her and she would defend them from attack from the new gods and mortals she would be created. She created a house out of these trees plus she built furniture to go in the home

A few days later she sent out a message to all gods and goddesses who are planning on building their own civilization to meet her on her home island of Ryushu which was originally a floating disk of rock. She wanted to show them the seeds that Gaash had given her. Deciding to wait for the others, she decided to meditate while waiting.

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:57 pm

After mountains of work, Voion immediately went to Ryushu to learn about these new seeds that can possibly be used for food. He saw her tree complex almost instantly. “Hmm, I should build myself a house like that. Pure luxury, on the Coral Hills. Good thinking.” he thought. He then stumbled upon Hitomi meditating, seemingly unaware of his existence. He was the first there.

He saw the grain seeds in her hand. “What can these be used for?” he thought. If the seeds were as good as they were rumored to be, they must be a must-have. So he waited for the other deities to come.

Quickly, he got bored. So, he tried meditation. Didn’t work. He then made himself a bed, and made himself fall asleep.

He was awoken by Musashi yelling.

Well, time for the discussion.
Last edited by Minskiev on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Magnolixie
Secretary

Founded: Jan 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Magnolixie » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:57 pm

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. -Genesis 1:2

Atomic Apotheosis

Ecruire

Why am I?

The woman could hardly grasp reality (or, rather, the lack of it) around her. She did not know who she was, where she was, or quite frankly what anything was at that point in time. For the Geiger's sake, she didn't even know if it was a point in time at all, or if it was a point placed out of time entirely.

The Geiger. That's something.

The woman now knew that she knew something beyond nothing; anything was beyond nothing at this point, really. She knew what the Geiger was, that tome of secrets and magic that held the knowledge of the goddess of radiation, the Glowing One.

Glowing One? Odd, but it feels familiar. Her book is mine - thus, I am her

Possessing an epithet, the Glowing One continued her thoughts. Distant visions of a table periodically danced in her head as shadows scuttled towards a stony island in a dead ocean. From a collective thought, a world of new emerged from nothingness. Time, space, life - all of these things that had once been whispers of a forgotten era now returned in glorious revival at the hands of the New Gods.

The Glowing One excepted, of course.

In spite of her not being part of the New Gods that made this world, she felt divinity gracing her through her holy book. The Geiger whispered to her of the truth, that she was, indeed, a goddess as well; one of decomposition, of radioactivity, of change. However, in their hubris and pride, the New Gods had made the world in their own image and left their kindred spirit to a life of radioactive decay. But this was a life not meant to be for the Green Runner.

They have cast me to a zone of exclusion? she silently inquired of the Geiger, a tinge of sadness in her thoughts.

Yes, replied the book through quietness, but in this Exclusion Zone you will reign.

Armed with her atomic wand, Roentgen, the woman took the nothingness in which she found herself and fashioned from it a small world. It started as a land without soil, a sky without air and a sea without water, but it took form as a flat place of soil. Without the power of the Divine Pact to fall back on, the Exclusion Zone was dead, as the Glowing One built trees without leaves, grass without greenery, and not an animal to fill it.

Life could come to the Zone another day. For now, the Green Runner had to record her endeavors in the Geiger, so that the followers she did not have could read of their goddess that no one had come to believe in.

The Book of Provenance

In the beginning, there was nothing but the Glowing One. From nothing She fashioned the Zone, but did not see that it was good, for nothing could be seen in the darkness. In order to see the goodness of the Zone, She said, Let light radiate here. And from above, the gift of sight descended on the Zone. Seeing the light and the Zone, the Glowing One proclaimed them both good in the Geiger.

It wasn't what she remembered to be literature, but it was a working model. As the Glowing One took a short rest in her Exclusion Zone, the Geiger reminded her to sign her writing. With that, the Green Runner wrote a set of letters that floated through her glassy head, if not in the exact order that she remembered them.

I AM ECRUIRE.

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:02 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Hitomi walks around the new god studying him before speaking to him in a cheerful tone, "Well Hae, you are a new god and the reason for your memory loss is because you are a newly formed god and none of us really remember anything before our formation other than that there was a massive conflict between the Old Gods that destroyed the previous universe. I'm Hitomi, Goddess of Weather, Volcanos, and Earthquakes. Why are you hiding your face behind that fan?"

"Well that explains how I could control water, so I guess that makes me God of water. as for the fan, it helps me breathe since I have trouble breathing fresh air being the God of water and all.” Hae’s small talk was quickly interrupted by A flash of radiant light coming from the centre of the island, as a result of the major gods holding a staff. Suddenly he saw in amazement as a new mortal world was created by their combined efforts.

Ovesa wrote:"Before we descend to the Mortal Realm, I need everyone to do something. Promise me that we will be civil, and find reasonable ways to solve our conflicts. Promise me that we will not allow history to repeat itself." What began as a cool, collected order turned into her practically pleading for their word. She couldn't stand to lose a world so beautiful because of another catastrophic conflict...

But before he could dive into the vast new world, The water deity heard Adurja’s request. "I solemnly swear that as the God of water, I will use the powers of water for the development of my creation’s prosperity and will handle conflict without utilizing force ”

After the promised Hae quickly dove into the virgin ocean of the new world and began to do his work. Hae’s domain is largely different than the other gods, so Hae had to be creative on his creations. Hae landed on a kelp forest, Hae inspected the rich diversity of flora his colleague Gaash had made. Hae made new creatures to create balance in the ocean. Using one of his scales, a handful of sand and clay, he shapes a form similar to his, but without his humanoid parts. He then recites an incantation from a dead language. He doesn’t know where he got this information, he just knows it’s just right to do it. The clay and sand then began to shine, and move to break its clay chrysalis. With great curiosity, he saw his new creation, like a miniature version of himself. "I think I’ll call you Fish,” he thought to himself, the thrill of seeing new life forming before his eyes make his heart flutter, So he began creating more lifeforms to fuel his ocean domain.

He created many sorts of amazing creatures from a boneless creature with long arms and a hard beak (Cephalopods), a creature donned with rock hard armor and strong pincers to defend itself (crab), a collection of smaller creatures forming a community in diverse shape, size, colours, that doubles as living space for other aquatic creatures (coral reefs) and many varieties of fishes. Before creating sentient creatures he thought to himself on what he could do to provide faith of a higher power on mortals, he would yet to create. Using his war fan, he created an oceanic chasm creating an abyssal plain. Using his shed scales, he created prismarine, as the building blocks for his new temple. Using the newly formed prismarine he created his new temple for his new mortals to worship with.

The monument is constructed entirely from variants of prismarine and lit by bioluminescent coral. It includes a large central section flanked by two wings. Under the monument are 23 giant pillars that stretch to the ocean floor. The main entrance is located at the front of the central section. The base size of the structure is 58×58 blocks. Thus, the ocean monument area is 3,364 square blocks. The central section consists of various types of chambers, each monument has a different number of rooms arranged in a unique manner. The chambers connect vertically and horizontally to the different parts of the monument, including the left and right wings. At the topmost room resides a large obelisk that Hae could use to communicate with his subjects. Around the center of the central section lies the main plaza, a tall room with eight gold blocks encased in dark prismarine. One of the wings contains a large room with a small pillar at the center. The other wing is made up of a huge open space with a large, square-shaped platform, that is mostly empty. A long hallway that arcs around the wings and the back portion of the monument connects the two wings together. The many chambers of Ocean temple are multi-purpose and can be used by mortals as housing or place of worship.

With his mana depleting after the creation of aquatic life, and the creation of the ocean temple. Hae decides that he needs to rest to restore his mana, So with his trusty war fan folded back into a rod and placed inside the ocean temple. He rests easy knowing that no other god would dare approach a fish-like creature slumbering on an obelisk at the bottom of an underwater chasm and with that, he slumbers. Regenerating his mana, scales, and energy. Until it is enough to create more of his fascinating creations.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:14 pm

The Hepthalites wrote:Abraxes sat in the red sand of his dunes, looking over the primal ocean. Graaf's creations warmed him- the world was changing quickly, and this was all so new. Even that feeling, warmth, had not existed prior to the gods' activities.

Already, elsewhere in this realm the divines had hewn from nothing, a god named Voion had crafted a race of sapient beings and designed a great and sprawling place for them to live. Soon they would spread out, he hoped, and grow. Perhaps they could be a species that would worship him and be useful.

Before the world changed too fast, he knew he should act to expand his influence with the other Gods. He spoke Adurja's name into the air, knowing that she would hear her name if she wanted to. He had a proposition for her, that as the god of memory he thought could further both their goals. He had an idea to imbue the mortal races with the feeling of nostalgia, an emotion that drew heavily on the memory of better times. Abraxes had a plan that in imbuing mortals with the tendency to remember better times, they would harken back to the simpler days of their past and yearn for the contentment that those days contained while also revelling in their own memories. It was a good plan, he thought, but with the backing of the god of memory it would be more powerful. He would present hinself as a god of happiness to his fellow divines, for now, until he built his trust.

Voion had carved a city from the crater left from his impact. In time, and after speaking with Voion, he would walk the streets of the Voia disguised to speak with that strange race of homo sapiens and learn about them.

Adurja had already created and released a dozen or so bats when she heard her name call out from the cosmos. It was the voice of Abraxes, the self-proclaimed God of Happiness. What could he possibly need from me? she wondered.

It was a shame she had to leave so soon; the garden was a lovely place to admire and to contemplate. Still, she was a Goddess, and she had duties to attend. In a bout of purple flame, she transported herself to the source of the call.

She found herself standing in a carved crater, the foundations of a great city. Terraced walkways led up the sides of the crater, with simple rectangular holes serving as entrances to the many, many homes. There were already quite a few human villagers here, working at market stalls and strolling along the newly constructed streets. Those who caught sight of the Goddess were mortified, fleeing in terror and shielding the eyes of children.

A pang of anger and embarrassment echoed in Adurja's psyche. These mortals had barely even glanced in her direction, and they were already treating her like a monster, an abomination. She frantically looked around, looking for some kind of sign. What was wrong with her? What did she do to deserve this treatment? And why was this awful feeling so familiar?

As the last of the purple flames died out, she slowly descended to the ground, hastily covering her head with a black cloak. Out of the corner of her mind's eye, she felt a distinctive presence. Although his smiling form appeared human, the being was anything but. Abraxes.

"When you called for my presence, the least you could've done was tell me where you were." Her distant tone attempted to mask her hurt ego, as she approached the hidden God. "Now, tell me. Why did you call me to this place?"

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:19 pm

Helping people was nice and all, but Telsa wanted to do her own thing, well, besides sitting and thinking all day.

She'd invent Discourse, Ideology, Politics, and Smalltalk. Being the Goddess of Debate, it was odd that everyone else created their own worlds and took their own paths, but there was no intellectual thought or discussion. There was no Pathos, Ethos or Logos. When all was said-and-done, the soapbox or podium mattered.

She helped Volon make his Corporate Dreamland/Dreamworld, but there was no ideology, no philosophy, no schools-of-thought. Yes, Telsa was hopeful, but also an intellectual. If Humanity (Homo Sapiens Sapiens) were to be balanced, then they'd not only be actionable but also verbal or mental. Any man, anything can Sleep.But not anyone can dream. It took skills, verbal skills, cognitive skills to debate, talk, or reason. To win an argument or to counterargue, one must have valid points and Reasoning.

One day, she dreamed, there'd be entire buildings devoted - dedicated to the art of Speech, or Oration.

"I think, therefore; I am." ~ Plato (I think, I'm not sure who said that)

Telsa wasn't the first nor the last. Her idling made others think she wasn't there, but she was still important, even if other deities shared similar positions of "Dreams," "Intelligence" and whatnot. Her world was the world of debaters, innovators, dreamers, wishers, and thinkers. To think is a very important task or attribute.

"If they're making their worlds, then, maybe or perhaps, I'll make mine." Creative thought.

Wait, "Creative?" "The Creative?" It didn't matter, the message still approached Telsa.

Nonetheless. The word "Athens" popped into her mind. "Okay. That sounds like a good name for a place." She thought.

She tookout a tablet, etching into it:

Here be Athens, the place - the home for all thinkers, intellectuals, dreamers, ponderers, wonderers and so on.
A pure dreamworld, a world built and standing on Idea.

She'd then make a blueprint. She didn't need to, but she wanted Proof of Existence. Proof that there was a thoughtful goddess. A goddess that condoned but also fought boredom and laziness, moping. They could exist and were championed but were also fought. Telsa was both a goddess of Action and Inaction.

Athens would be a domain for Humans, or what she referred to as, "the thinking creature." Five hands, five toes, two of pretty-much everything else, eyebrows, variation in skin color/complexion - Humanity seemed perfect, or the ideal.

"Before we descend to the Mortal Realm, I need everyone to do something. Promise me that we will be civil, and find reasonable ways to solve our conflicts. Promise me that we will not allow history to repeat itself." What began as a cool, collected order turned into her practically pleading for their word. She couldn't stand to lose a world so beautiful because of another catastrophic conflict....

The Wondrous touched the staff, leaving her imprint onto it. She didn't want or care to actually fully touch the staff, or embrace it. She was the Goddess of Debate, but at the same time, didn't really care to argue her point or cared what the other gods were doing.

She did her own.

"I do what I wilt." ~ Allister Crowley

"Do what you want, though note this place is not necessarily a place of War. My colleague may disagree with me, but words matter. This is an area for verbal conflict and reason, not mindlessly stabbing eachother without Mercy. Heed my word." She told the humans.

Athens was a place surrounded by pedestals and pillars (essentially Greek/Ancient Greek architecture), and also bountiful when it came to Food. She was by no means a Hunter, but she wanted to indulge their carnal/primitive/instinctual desires.

"Eat the cow. Make spoils. Enjoy yourselves. Embrace Thought." She remarked to them.

"The cow is a cow because it's there to be used, to be milked. Beef is 'beef' because it fills one, like Anger or Wrath. It also can lead to Gluttony. The pig is a pig because, well, look at it! It doesn't care for its welfare. It lies around in its own Stew." She thought, giving names and reasons to those names.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:31 pm

OOC: Love how you’re just using Minecraft, with prismarine, and blocks. Good choice. Now IC.

The discussion was over quickly. Turns out they can be planted, used as food, used in food to make more food, ground up to make more food, many things. Each deity went home frantically to try it out. Voion opened a small pocket dimension for farming, where the entire thing was perfect farming temperature, and perfect farming land. Always wet. Optimal plant conditions. It was a sea of wheat, and other crops being tested. Wood does not grow. Acorns do, however. The entire operation was semi-automatic, with a few people running the crops. Soon, he hoped it would be automatic. Soon.

Voia quickly developed as a front runner civilization. Breathtaking views, well-paying jobs, tons of freedom. It practically was paradise. However, there was one thing missing. Trade. Voia had built a port already, however no ships had been built yet. In fact, Voia didn’t have many natural resources to trade. Of course, Voion made sure it’s resource stockpile was infinite, but the other gods could do the same. There wasn’t much Voia could offer to others. Except cruise ships. So, Voion created many cruise ships, and coordinated destinations to other realms and islands. The name was Voia’sOwnIncredibleAdventures, or V.O.I.A. “Pretty clever.” he said thinking to himself. Today is the opening night of VOIA. Fully-booked. First destination; Musashi’s Temple.

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:44 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Adurja had already created and released a dozen or so bats when she heard her name call out from the cosmos. It was the voice of Abraxes, the self-proclaimed God of Happiness. What could he possibly need from me? she wondered.

It was a shame she had to leave so soon; the garden was a lovely place to admire and to contemplate. Still, she was a Goddess, and she had duties to attend. In a bout of purple flame, she transported herself to the source of the call.

She found herself standing in a carved crater, the foundations of a great city. Terraced walkways led up the sides of the crater, with simple rectangular holes serving as entrances to the many, many homes. There were already quite a few human villagers here, working at market stalls and strolling along the newly constructed streets. Those who caught sight of the Goddess were mortified, fleeing in terror and shielding the eyes of children.

A pang of anger and embarrassment echoed in Adurja's psyche. These mortals had barely even glanced in her direction, and they were already treating her like a monster, an abomination. She frantically looked around, looking for some kind of sign. What was wrong with her? What did she do to deserve this treatment? And why was this awful feeling so familiar?

As the last of the purple flames died out, she slowly descended to the ground, hastily covering her head with a black cloak. Out of the corner of her mind's eye, she felt a distinctive presence. Although his smiling form appeared human, the being was anything but. Abraxes.

"When you called for my presence, the least you could've done was tell me where you were." Her distant tone attempted to mask her hurt ego, as she approached the hidden God. "Now, tell me. Why did you call me to this place?"

Abraxes smiled at his visitor, and gestured for her to sit down. He had made himself home in Voia already, and lived in a cozy house built of mud brick filled with the simple pleasures of home and hearth. He was dressed in the clothes of a successful worshipper of Voion-- the rich spun cloth of a moneylender or merchant.

"Adurja, my friend, I apologize for the vulgarities of this young species. They are new, these ones, and haven't lived long enough to taste empathy or even respect for differing forms. I know myself that if I were to show my true form to them, they would call our friend Voion himself to deliver them from me. If you seek peace, you should visit my Bayou. The only ones judging you there will be the fireflies."

Abraxes sat and announced his plan to Adurja. His worship, unfortunately, was difficult for mortals to grasp in and of itself. In time this may change- he had already heard rumours from mortal traders that a lyceum had sprung up in the new city of Athens that was devoted to the expansion of language- but at the moment, he explained to Adurja, he needed to work with other gods with their domains being worshipped in tandem as means to his ends of happiness and prosperity.

He had thought up (in his opinion) a sweet little treat for his mortal friends. They were young, and had no frame of reference for what life was like before or even earlier in their civilization's brief history. He sought Adurja's help to create the emotion nostalgia, a longing for the memories of times past. This emotion would further both of their worship, as mortals beholden to nostalgia would dwell in their memories more, strengthening Adurja, but would also try and recreate the simpler and satisfying times of their embellished past. Abraxes had already learned how to walk among the mortals of Voia, and if Adurja helped create the emotion, would go into the streets and squares of the city and sow it amongst those dwelling there.

He was careful to phrase his words so as to present himself as a generic god of happiness. In time, he may grow to trust Adurja, but worried that the insidiousness of his true nature would turn the other gods against him.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Corrected tag order
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:47 pm

OOC: By cruise ship, it’s basically just a large raft that Voion is keeping afloat.

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:32 pm

A deep and ominous sound is heard across the universe, and all could feel a rumble like an earthquake...

The figure slowly materialized from the feet up, his armored body in a crouching position. Smooth, shiny, geometric surfaces made up his shape, and a magenta glow emanated from all crevices and gaps in the elaborate armor. The being finished materializing, and the rumbling stopped. He lifted his head, and then his hands. He stood up, examining the universe, standing on the very fabric of darkness. A sword of the same geometric design materialized in front of him, and then the weapon was sucked into Algol's very body.

I am Algol, the Malevolent Prince. The new primordial chaos shall be mine.

These were his first thoughts. He had not yet spoken, keeping a collected form. He then lifted his right arm, and snapped his fingers. Behold! There was a bright flash of light that slowly waned, and a gateway was opened! He created his realm, where he would claim his throne. He entered the newly formed portal, emerging at the end of a large gangway. The newly created realm was cavernous, going on seemingly for eternity. Floating platforms and massive pillars dominated the massive space. If one were to look over the edge, they would see no bottom, only the ambient red glow that filled the entire realm. Algol crossed the gangway, where his throne awaited him at the end.

He took his seat on the throne, thereby cementing his claim over this realm. He knew he would need something to occupy him while he resided here. He pondered his options for a great deal of time.

Perhaps he could interact with the other deities? They were all preoccupied with their own matters. Maybe he could create his own mortal race? No, what use would that be? He would not desire servants who expired after a certain amount of time.

He could create an immortal race to be his guardians and servants. They could not die naturally, and Algol saw that this idea was sound. He raised his left arm, and snapped his fingers. Behold! A being was materializing in the palm of his hand! The humanoid figure appeared to be made of pure flame, and the small being looked into his creator's eyes.

"Who am I? And who are you?" the being said.

Algol responded to the beings inquiry, "I am your creator, your father, Algol. You are the first of a grand race I will raise from the dirt. You are a Homo Deus, and your name is Abaddon."

The being took a moment to ponder this, "Yes, I am Abaddon. Your are Algol, my king and the God of Destruction and Corruption. Why am I here, my lord?"

"You exist to proliferate the worship and influence of me, child. You shall go forth as my right hand, seduce these puny "humans", as the other gods call them, into practices that polarize the faithful against the unfaithful, and see to it that there is much destruction left from my influence. Those who submit themselves will be rewarded. Go forth, and fulfill your existence!" Algol responded with much fervor in his voice.

"It will be done my Lord." Abaddon responded, and he went forth to do his duty.

Algol watched as Abaddon was sent to the new mortal realm to do what he was commanded, and a malevolent and somewhat maniacal laugh escaped his mouth, shaking his entire realm.

"Soon, the pieces of my grand puzzle shall fit together, and I will have obtained lordship over this new chaos." the deity bellowed to himself, sure that his master plan would work.
Last edited by Mercatus on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:39 pm

EXISTENCE 3.33

She walked around in the world actively being sculpted by the gods, already downsizing herself so she could see what the mortals saw in their daily lives. She already felt the first tingles of mortal ambition floating around in the world, it was a good feeling. Voion created Voia, his so called "heart of the corporate empire", and Telsa her scholarly city of Athens. Another feeling made itself known, jealousy; sitting at the foot of a tree, she began to mull over the things that had happened, and how she would etch an undying legacy into this planet, "For someone destined for closeness to mortals, it seems as if I have no mortals of my own." A self-deprecating joke Yaerud had made. A few minutes pass, her leaning towards the tree turns into slumping, and as time passed, slumping turned into laying her head down on the grass. "This is a nice view." Was all she could say as she looked at the blue sky and its white clouds, partially hidden behind a mesh of green leaves and brown bark accentuating its beauty.

Something clandestine, something mischevious, that was what she would do. She would've set out to work if not for a small tribe she encountered, concealing herself even when amongst them, she observed them all up close. She noticed that the so called chieftain had two sons, and the oldest was what people would call a bad person. The younger was energetic, always helping out, and this made him well liked. "Unfortunate that he won't be inheriting the tribe, it'll be the older brother who does." she noted, then an idea came to her, "Ambition is in this young man, he is yet to awaken it." With a wave of her hand, she woke up the ambition inside this mortal, and to see what would occur, she amplified it. "And now, we wait and see."

Over a couple of days, she saw the younger brother spread rumours of the older, rumours of things most vile that the older brother would not do them in the first place. Alas, his reputation was already tarnished with his previous sctions, while the younger would put his reputation to good use. And yet, the succession did not change. She deteriorated the old chieftains health on purpose, and looked at the results that were the younger growing more and more desperate to change things. And then the chieftain died, long live the chieftain. The younger's ambition did not falter, and it seemed as if he was hatching a plan. Gathering his own men for an expedition to a new home, the older decided to join them as his first act as chief. It all came tumbling down mere moments after their arrival there, as the chieftain was stabbed with spears, cut with axes, and mauled with stones. And the one who did the killing blow was, the younger.

As they left, she came to the vaguely human carcass by the grassy knoll. Blood was soon on her fingers, which she rubbed together as a farmer would with soil, "It feels strange, is this right?" the older was a poor ruler, cruel, arbitrary, foolish; but, "Or is this wrong." This was murder, the younger is a kinslayer. She left the scene after burying the mangled corpse with dirt and stone.

She flew off back into the empty beyond, into the depths where the gas was still abundant, and got to work.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:35 am

The next thing Teiwaz had begun developing was a separate dimension. A dimension that would house the greatest warriors to ever exist in the mortal world. These warriors would be treated like kings and would be personally rewarded for their bravery by the god of war himself. They would also be drafted into Teiwaz's personal army to serve him whenever he was in need.

The design of the dimension was a conflicting thought within his mind though. At first, his mind wondered of a vast, castle fortress of darkened stone with a lava moat surrounding its external perimeter. The sky would be of a red and orange color as black smoke would billow from the volcanoes that would be nearby the fortress. However, after contemplating the dimension's design, he had another flashback. This flashback saw him on the brink of arguing with her after a disagreement had formed over the design of the two's shared dominion. They had eventually compromised on the disagreement, and began work on molding the shape of their beloved dominion. When it was finished, it looked beautiful.

There was a castle, just as Teiwaz had wanted, that had more of a noble, medieval style rather than the intimidating fortress that Teiwaz had dreamt of. The castle contained a town within its walls that was adorned with the beauty of life on every street corner. A large tree that blossomed beautiful pink flowers was set in the town's center. The castle itself was designed using greyish-white stone that was specially cut to give a fine look to even the casual sightseer. Within its interior were a variety of decorated rooms and halls. Dining halls, both big and small, dotted the castle and acted as places of celebration or simply an area where a hungry stomach can gain sustenance. These dining rooms, along with many other rooms, were decorated with luxury home decor as well as swords, shields, axes, and spears, all in many different shapes and sizes. Artifacts of war, both sacred and not, were also placed in these rooms as well. There were also rooms of worship for both Teiwaz and her. These rooms were adorned with mostly items belonging or were created by the two, making them sacred items. Out of all of these rooms, one stood out from the rest. It was famously called "The Divine Throne". It held the throne and living quarters of the two gods and was perhaps the most carefully decorated of all. This room sat on the highest floor of the castle and was guarded at all times. After the dominion was built, Teiwaz had thought of it as a masterpiece of the two's own creation. More importantly, though, was that this was the first time that Teiwaz's view of war turned from that of a barbarian of sorts to that of a noble knight or cause.

In memory of all that they had did together as well as the sacrifices she gave to protect him, Teiwaz decided to design his dimension into that which was seen in his flashback. Now, all that was needed was a species to inhabit this dimension as well as the land he had shaped in the mortal world.

Teiwaz felt compelled to capitalize on the creation of the first sentient beings known as humans. Though, it would not be effective if he just took humans from Voia or Athens as they were already accustomed to a different culture. He decided to go to Voia and ask for some to be created and placed on his land. Upon reaching the newly shaped land, he talked with Voion.

"I would like for you to summon at least 15,000 of these humans on my land. I will return the favor whenever you need it."
Last edited by Slaver Pirates of Vaas on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:43 am

"...In time this may change- he had already heard rumours from mortal traders that a lyceum had sprung up in the new city of Athens that was devoted to the expansion of language..."

"Make it so." ~ Jean-Luc Picard.

And so, it is "so."

Besides oration/public speaking, many followers/worshippers of Telsa bred animals, took care of them and generally used them as pets. Farming, eating and other skills were used, but they saw no real reason in hurting their home and the originator of it.

And also the Greek aesthetic that filled Athens, but to keep in good taste - decor. The city looked nice and generally very visually appealing, with posters everywhere. Blue was her color, so certain important buildings were blue or had blue materials in/on them. Athens, itself, didn't 'lack a feminine touch,' but Telsa designed it to be kinda utilitarian. She changed her mind in a few days though, knowing if Athens had to survive and thrive and generally nourish, then it couldn't solely be devoted to Debate.

Dress? Telsa was laissez-faire, not minding or caring their Nudity, but also deciding to "make her own clothing line" of tunics, dresses, and whatnot, but also unisex/genderless clothing.

"Don't do that. Y'all don't have to worship me, or put shrines and altars everywhere. I'm just doing me. I'm doing my own thing, but, I guess, if everyone else is having a slice of the pie, then I might-as-well have some too." Telsa told the humans.

"But don't kill animals in my name. I love animals. Especially these."

A whole cove of multicolored birds appeared, and also hares and bunny-rabbits of all kinds and stripes. The Cloud of Brainstorms petted and played around with them, and laughed. She generally had a good time.

Earth, Gaia, Midgard, whatever one called this realm - it was good. And fun. Deities could will stuff into being, but she found that to be boring, sometimes. She had to be modest and not let her status or anything get to her.

"Well, I might-as-well make rules, since I have totes." She said.

She continued.

"I was fine with this place essentially being a Dreamscape or Pure Anarchy, but if y'all gon' worship or practice in my name, then y'all're all subject to my Rules."

She made a tablet with all the rules in small text.

• Don't kill animals in my name.
  • Don't kill kids - I love kids.
  • If you so choose to donate to me (tithes,etc), I'll be giving that money to one of my more...hedonistic and materialistic comrades.
  • Don't go out spreading Chaos in my name. I'm civil. We're civil. I'm not a god of Anarchy.
  • Love this place, and protect it from all those that wish harm to it.
  • I had to write this down, just so you know, but Equality. Treat men and women the same.
  • You don't have to just believe in me, you could believe in me and one of my comrades, or just makeup your own god. I don't mind Idol Worship.
  • This place isn't a silent place ('cause Debate) but I don't mind Music being played. I love the Flute or the Recorder.
  • No cannibalism or cutting off limbs in Punishment. Your body is... "sacred," for lack-of-a-better-word (or atleast in that regard)
  • Let the punishment fit the crime, meaning, no disembowelment or circumcision or anything major if someone just throws a pie at you.

And that was it. She didn't want too many rules. Ten was a good number, since it was a base number, but it seemed... familiar to her. Maybe vaguely.

"Netflix and Chill." ~ Anonymous

Athens was essentially "Cheese and Debate," "scholarly," in one of her comrades' words. Eventually, they'd start from the bottom-up, being proud of the Verbose and words, but also going into Education, Academia and more-so... intellectualism.

"I'm in a competition with myself, and maybe Voion. I mean, I made his Corportocracy, I could destroy it if it came to it, but I'm pretty fine with Athens. My brainchild, my experiment, but also my home-away-from-Home at this point." She thought.

She'd go ahead, before she got bored, and did a Voion (making a dimension or whatever but only for farming) to test her biodiversity, having cacti, bamboo and sugarcane in one place, and also a diverse amount of other plants.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:02 am

Aprohis saw the new world created, it was quite precious, but that was not what mattered to him. He had to start establishing his foundations. He decided to open a small pocket dimension first hand.

There his creation began. Aprohis could create beings as long as they were essentially snakes. He gathered all his strength and began to create what would be the first Adanguis. His head was a snake head, it was red but he seemed to understand who his god was. Still there was no 100% submissive will. I create other Andaguis to see if they get the same result. In effect, this newly created spice was only the basis of what he wanted to create.

Adanguis were very resistant to various climates as verified in that created pocket dimension. Seeing that they were of little use there, he decided to take them to the mortal realm.

He saw an island of considerable size, a river was passing by it. The Adanguis would not die there. Despite Aprohis's abandonment, they still adored him. Although they were not his servants if they were loyal. They ended up being around 5000 who I create and leave in the world of mortals, after those many attempts to create the perfect servant, they did not succeed. It still required perfecting his powers.

He stayed in his newly created pocket dimension alone. He began to make his dimension. Slowly because he had consumed a lot of power trying to create his perfect subjects. He created a great stone tower 90 meters high and on its top was a statue of a great golden serpent. He had created what would be his home for a long time. how he still had to recover from the effort involved in creating life. He did nothing else.

Inside, the tower was still very simple at another time when it regained a little more of its power. He already decorates it as he wishes. From there he saw how the Adanguis were able to prosper and live down there, they were even organizing socially. Although a little abruptly. Aprohis doubted whether they would be good or bad servants to his cause, there was room for both options. You could just wait and see how everything worked. Aprohis right now could have decided to kill them but he did not do it, it was because he really knew that sooner or later they could serve him something.
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:29 am

Hebainia looked upon the mortal realm. She was proud of what the other gods had created. But she was even prouder of what she had created.

Hebainia's realm was almost finished. Planets, small ones, but still, were forming quickly. Stars were bright points of light above those planets. There were no suns—none of those stars orbited planets—but Hebainia wanted to create beings of pure thought who didn't need the sun's light to survive.

Hebainia had gone to the discussion about grain. She didn't think she would be bringing some back home, but the Mathematician did. Hebainia decided that the species she would create would be able to inhabit bodies, if only temporarily, to be able to enjoy the pleasure of eating.

The Knowledgeable One took out her glowing book, traveled to the biggest planet in her dimension, and wrote: <a species shall be created. They shall be called the Brains, and they will rule this small dimension. The Brains will have free will, and they can choose whether to serve me or not>.

Hebainia wrote a complete description of the Brains as a species. They would be beings of pure thought, just collections of neurons and synapses, but could choose, and will often choose to inhabit bodies. The bodies will look like animals Hebainia saw in the mortal realm, but the Brains will build bodies of Hebainia's preferred forms. The bodies will be made of clay, for now.

The Brains would begin on this biggest planet (Hebainia named it Cerebrum) but they would spread to the other planets in Hebainia's dimension. The Brains would be mortal, but almost impossible to kill, although they would be weaker in the mortal realm and stronger in Hebainia's dimension.

Hebainia wrote down more obscure details about the Brains. They had no gender. To reproduce, Brains would split off part of themselves and combine it with a part from their partner. An individual Brain would have a great sense of self, and not be a hive mind.

And as she wrote these words, it was done. The Brains lived on the planet Cerebrum, and on the neighboring planets Cerebellum and Hypothalamus. They had no bodies yet, and looked like shimmers slightly above the airless surface of their new planets. As beings of thought, the Brains functioned just fine.

Hebainia descended to talk with her new creation. She shrank from forty feet tall to a size her creations could manage, about six feet or so. The newly created Brains swarmed around Hebainia, curious as to what this new creature might be.

Hebainia answered. "I am Hebainia, goddess of science, the Mathematician, the Knowledgeable One. You are the Brains, my chosen species. You will conduct yourselves with logic and reason. Always be curious, and always strive to find out more."

And with these words, Hebainia rocketed into the sky. She was proud of herself. Sure, her species doctrine might be a couple of sentences instead of a big holy book or a hefty set of commandments, but the Mathematician was sure that her species would thrive.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:41 am

Lucius Vernius
Commander of the Guard

Lucius was a pious man, as any true warrior should be. Dressed in the simple armour of his time, he knelt humbly in his sandals before the altar. His eyes kept fixed firmly towards the ground, he nevertheless could feel the presence of his comrades beside him. They remained dutifully silent as he led them in their prayer, leading them in worship as much as he led them in battle.

“As we venture beyond our walls, we do so in service to our people. We seek not blood nor death, but risk it befalling ourselves so that we may protect our kin. Such is the duty and responsibility of a warrior.”

On cue, a chorus of ascent rose from the gathered squad, before Lucius continued.

“We ask that you protect us, Lord Teiwaz, so that we may each return to our homes and loved ones alive and well. We offer you our obedience and worship in exchange for your teachings and guidance, so that we may journey with confidence and strength. And should your wish be for us to fall in combat, we only ask that you lend us your bravery and courage, so that we may face our fate as men and warriors.”

As one, the gathered soldiers raised their clenched fists in a salute to their patron deity, the action causing the sound of shifting metal plates and leather to briefly sound throughout the shrine. They held their salutes for a few moments, remaining steadfast in their humility before the altar, until Lucius pushed himself to his feet. Turning towards his men as they followed suit, he offered them a warm smile. He met the gaze of one in particular: his younger brother. The boy had only just become a man, and he was still more than green behind his ears. But there was no better way for that to be fixed than through his first scouting mission beyond their town’s walls.

The boy’s own smile stretched from ear to ear, his eager excitement at the coming adventure having been no secret in the days prior. Shaking his head in amusement as the gathered soldiers slowly filtered out from the shrine to prepare for their departure, Lucius walked up to plant a hand on his brother’s shoulder.

“Oi, it’s just a patrol, Julian. Don’t let it go to your head all at once.”

Julian’s gaze had remained locked on the Altar of Teiwaz after the rites had been completed, and he nearly jumped as his older brother’s touch pulled him from his thoughts. Blinking as he regained his composure, the young man did his best to reign in his giddy excitement with a firm nod. “Got it, Lucius. I won’t let you down.”

Chuckling at the boy’s response, Lucius rolled his eyes as he walked towards the exit. “As long as you’re not late to the gate, you’ll have gotten past the hardest part. Trust me.”

When sensation returned to Julian, it didn’t come rushing at him all at once. It started with the feeling of the cold floor touching his cheek, along with the sound of a slowly dripping liquid. Confusion was the first conscious thought that ran through his mind, confusion about where he was and why his mouth felt so parched. When Julian’s eyes slowly fluttered open, he immediately winced at the pounding pain throbbing through his skull. Grimacing, he instinctively reached up to his forehead only to hear the scraping of chains binding his hands. That was when his heart skipped, memories rushing back in a deluge that caused his eyes to shoot open.

Pushing himself up off of the ground, Julian ignored the pool of dried blood that lay around where he’d spent the night. A wave of dizziness immediately struck his fatigued figure, with bruises and injuries that he’d nearly forgotten about making themselves known. Glancing down at his feet, he saw that they were still bound with the same shackles that held his wrists. The comforting weight of his armour was absent, replaced instead with meek and dirty rags that did little to shield him from either the elements or harm. Julian’s breathing increased as he was faced with the reality around him, the truth of his situation leaving him with a rising sense of panic in his chest.

“Hey, steady Julian!” Lucius hissed from his own cage, pressing his own battered form against the bars. His gaze was narrowed with concern, his eyes watching his brother’s harsh awakening. “Just take it slow, okay? You had a rough night.”

Not responding immediately, Julian glanced around his immediate surroundings. He was still locked in the small, makeshift cage that the savages had set aside for them. Looking further afield, he could see his captors gathered around the fire that sat in the centre of their camp. He couldn’t bring himself to call the small settlement a village, even though there were a few simple dwellings dotted throughout the clearing. Compared to his home, it struck him as barbarously primitive - but it seemed to suit its wild inhabitants just fine.

And wild they were, in the eyes of the pious warriors. Creation was still young, with the Gods said to still be crafting the world around them. They were still among the progenitors of their kind, still close in blood to the first children of the Pantheon itself. And yet, there had still been those who had gone astray. Mortals who, for one reason or another, had ventured from the structured enclaves of civilization that the Gods were nurturing throughout the world. They generally travelled in small groups, often raiding or harassing the less defended settlements that they stumbled across. It was just such savagery that Julian and Lucius’ patrol was meant to deter, but instead they had found themselves set upon by an ambush. Separated from the rest of their unit, the pair of brothers were beaten and bound, dragged away from their friends and homes by people speaking in some twisted tongue. Stripped of their arms and armour before being tossed in their cages like livestock, the pair of them had been left with their injuries to await their uncertain fate.
Watching as their captors gathered and laughed among themselves, the men and women both standing around their community’s fire pit as they prepared a meal, Julian felt a twisting unease gnawing at his chest. He saw them dressed in their leathers and furs, their blades dangling no more than an arm’s reach at their waists. They acted as if they had little concern for the two prisoners, and Julian had to admit that they were right to do so. What chance did they have: unarmed and injured, bound and caged? Noticing his brother’s silence, Lucius ignored the pain in his ribs as he whistled to get the younger man’s attention.

“Hey, don’t let me catch you giving up like that.” He whispered. “We’re going to get out of this, brother. That, I promise you with the utmost certainty.” Cracking a dry-lipped smile, Lucius forced himself to speak with a hint of humour. “You want to know why?”

Julian offered a weary expression in response, shaking his head as he remained mute.

“Because perishing in a cage is not a fitting death for a warrior. Teiwaz will see to it that we have our chance, and we will grasp onto it with our full determination to live another day. Do you understand, brother? Our faith makes us strong, and it is something that these brutes will never understand nor take from us. And it is our faith and training that will allow us to succeed, no matter the odds.”

When Lucius finished speaking, Julian couldn’t help but crack a smile. The older soldier’s confidence was contagious, and he genuinely felt himself feeling empowered by his words. It was said that true courage was forged only by adversity, and Julian was not about to reveal himself to be a coward in case the gods truly were looking down upon him. “Yeah, we’ll make it through this. We’ll be heroes when we get back, with tales of a daring escape.”

Julian’s humour caused Lucius to chuckle, although the action quickly devolved into a cough. “Just make sure you stay rested. We don’t want to miss our chance when it arrives.” As he spoke, Lucius used his arms to turn around in his cage and lean against the bars. He smiled as he heard a determined assent from his younger brother, the renewal of hope in the other man’s eyes sending a wave of relief washing over him. But it was only when he was turned away from Julian that he allowed a look of doubt and pain to once again settle upon his features.

Biting back a cry as he carefully lifted his shirt, Lucius grimaced as he assessed the grisly stab wound that had sliced across his belly. The flesh around the cut was rapidly becoming discoloured with infection, and he lay on his cage’s bars as much for support as to mask the fact that he could no longer feel his own legs. Releasing his shirt, he leaned back with a sigh as he stared up at the wooden ceiling of his prison.

Please, just take care of him. That’s all that I ask.
Last edited by Bentus on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:53 am

Voia. The wonder of the world. The twinkling star of civilization in a literal sea of barren sandy wasteland. The technology was advancing very quickly, too quickly for some. Anti-change Homo Habilis and Homo Erectus groups protested against the prosperity Voion was bringing. It was too much. An overload of change. Overwhelming their systems. Another group praised me for how quickly I was changing society. They saw change as good. And of course, these two groups were at odds. At odds turned to an unbreakable rivalry of steel. Rivalry turned to battle. Battle turned to war.

The Invasion of Voia quickly inhaled soldiers, as more and more citizens joined in on the invasion. The Radical Army, up for change. The Traditional Pre-Human Army, against change. However, a third faction soon emerged. The Progressive Army. The Progressives ambushed the other two in the heat of their battle, and cleaned them up. “Victory” after “victory” for the Progressives. The Pre-Human morale was broken. The Radical morale was dwarfed. The Radical competence seemed tiny in comparison. The free-for-all pre-humans scrambled at their sight. The Pre-Human courage was torn apart. The Radical fighting spirit was gone. And it was the Progressive Army who claimed victory in the end, and closed the Voian Invasion.

30,000 soldiers died in the Invasion. It wrecked havoc upon Voia. Fighting in the streets, the rooftops, the mountains, the ports. Bodies laid dead everywhere. It could take a while for Voia to recover. Voion was shocked. He changed. No longer did he just randomly change society so quickly. He became a Progressive himself. He rebuilt the city. He created war memorials. He even donated the dead bodies to Adurja. Voia was no longer a city of radical progress. However, progress wasn’t halting anytime soon. And neither was the Holy Corporate Empire of Voion.
Last edited by Minskiev on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse