NATION

PASSWORD

Favorite Fast Food Restaurant?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Favorite Fast Food Restaurant?

Postby Aeritai » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Since there was a doughnut thread on here I decided to make my own food based thread, but this time we will be discussing our favorite fast food places that we like to eat at. While fast food restaurants aren't exactly healthy to eat at sometimes people like to have cheat days or they just want to eat something cheap. A few popular fast food places people usually like to eat are McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut and other fast food chains that's currently popular in the United States. What about you NSG? What is your favorite fast food restaurant you like to eat at every once in a while and why do you like eating at those restaurants?

For me my favorite fast food restaurants I usually like to eat at Taco Bell because their quesadillas are pretty good and I enjoy the tacos that they make. I also like to eat at Burger King too because their bacon burgers are pretty good and to be honest their hamburgers are a lot better than McDonald's, but to be fair McDonald's has better fries than Burger King so I'll give them that.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:36 pm

KFC
Their new crayfish Taco and Japanese Cherry Blossom ice cream are great this summer.But I still don't understand why KFC here has been selling Chinese food, not many people like it. There is a drink named snow capped blackcurrant in 2012, which I like best, but I never saw again.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

The Rosary Isles
Secretary

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rosary Isles » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:38 pm

KFC and Subway
It's Good To Be Back On NS

Issued in public interest by,
The Prime Minister's Office,
5, Chistlehurst Avenue
Queen's Hill, Arosse,
The Rosary Isles

God Save The Queen - Dia Sabhail Na Bhanriona

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:38 pm

KFC
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:39 pm

What sort of bottom-feeding, soy-filled, diabetic, lethargic-after-walking-up-the-stairs pack mule wolfes down fast food?

Closest I come is sweetgreen
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

PeePeePooPooCaCa
Lobbyist

Founded: May 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby PeePeePooPooCaCa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:39 pm

I’d probably go with Jollibee but I also love KFC, Chick Fil A, In N Out, Popeyes, Five Guys, and to a certain extent, McDonalds. Subway is pretty good too. I’m a chicken lover so...
Last edited by PeePeePooPooCaCa on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeritai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:40 pm

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:KFC
Their new crayfish Taco and Japanese Cherry Blossom ice cream are great this summer.But I still don't understand why KFC here has been selling Chinese food, not many people like it. There is a drink named snow capped blackcurrant in 2012, which I like best, but I never saw again.

Cherry Blossom ice cream? That sounds really good though I don't know if the American KFC has that on their menu.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:41 pm

PeePeePooPooCaCa wrote:I’d probably go with Jollibee but I also love KFC, Chick Fil A, In N Out, Popeyes, Five Guys, and to a certain extent, McDonalds. Subway is pretty good too. I’m a chicken lover so...

Five Guys would be one of my favourites if it wasn’t so expensive
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

US-SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:48 pm

Culver's. Mostly a Midwestern US thang but you can find them in other states. Single Bacon Deluxe (a bacon burger dragged through the garden) or fried cod sammich; I say a little atheistic prayer every time I visit that they will bring back their BBQ brisket burger, like eating BBQ bacon on a bun, knocks spots off Arby's version. Plus frozen custard FTW.
8:46

We're not going to control the pandemic!

It is a slaughter and not just a political dispute.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:50 pm

I have several.

McDonalds. I have lots of happy memories there from my childhood and I really like the Sausage McMuffin with Egg. I have watched a lot of great movies at home while snacking on McDonalds. It’s also a place my friends and I would meet to play cards.

Lately, I’ve been getting really hyped about KFC for lunch break. The Pepsi goes really well with the Classic Wing and Classic Chicken Breast. Add in a touch of mash with gravy and it’s just fantastic.

Burger King is great too. I prefer their beef burgers to McDs (the Big Mac cannot measure up to BK in this respect).

There’s also this very low key but very VERY good place in Hong Kong called Pizza Box. Strangely, the pizza’s not that great but the fried chicken pieces... I’m telling you... it’s even better than KFC’s. I have NEVER tasted such a delicious fried chicken. It’s a low key must try.

HK’s Shake Shack is decent.

Hmmmm what else?

I miss Dominos from Canada. Five Guys is good too.

Do you like your fast food with soda or with milk shake?

I know a lot of people are big in milk shake but personally for me, it has to be soda.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

US-SSR
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Malted milk > milk shake.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:53 pm

There's a local place that sells slugburgers. They're so bad for you, but so, so good.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Bearstin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Bearstin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 pm

McChickens are $1 and delicious.

I’ll leave this here.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES
This is Bearstin, remember to always tie your shoes backwards!

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." -Qui-Gon Jinn

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:55 pm

McShittios, the saddest kingdom of them all. The food tastes like a dog's buttcrack, the waiters call you a bitch when you ask them to redo the food and the playscape hasn't had a safety inspection in ten years. As a result, the restaurant is nicknamed "the child graveyard," and it's motto is "where a kid can come to be killed." If the shitty playground equipment doesn't take you out, the 600,000 calorie food made with artificial stuffing will. All commercials for McShittios feature the ACDC song "Hell's bells," but usually cut out any good parts of the song and just feature the bell. Also the toilets get plugged alot and sometimes the place has to be evacuated due to them flooding the whole building. McShittios is not recommended by doctors and almost every licensed MD says it will kill you. But I love it just the same.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:58 pm

Mos Burger in Taiwan has rice burgers

Pretty wild

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:59 pm

Popeyes, probably.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:00 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Pretty wild

That's from Japan.Japanese strange taste
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Red Robin's bottomless fries and decent beer selection.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Aeritai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:04 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Pretty wild

Rice Burgers? Is that a hamburger filled with rice or is it something else?
Just call me Aeri
I am a Human Female

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:11 pm

Aeritai wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Pretty wild

Instead of there being a burger bread it is surrounded by layers of rice.

Like this:

https://www.calculatedtraveller.com/zh- ... fast-food/

Would you want to try?

US-SSR
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:12 pm

Shofercia wrote:Red Robin's bottomless fries and decent beer selection.

Unfortunately niether those, nor any amount of foodstuffs piled on top, can overcome RR's singularly tasteless hamburger patties. I order the fish.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Pretty wild

That's from Japan.Japanese strange taste

Oh that makes sense

Taiwan has a lot of strong cultural influences from Japan. Anime and manga are big there too. You can also see it in the way the cities are built and the materials used.

Aeritai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:14 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Aeritai wrote:

Like this:

Would you want to try?

Sure I like rice and hamburgers, so that doesn't look bad.
Just call me Aeri
I am a Human Female

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Aeritai wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Like this:

Would you want to try?

Sure I like rice and hamburgers, so that doesn't look bad.

I see...

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:17 pm

In n out.
burger taste good
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Next

Advertisement