NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned-Mission Accomplished] Liberate The Embassy

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jakker City
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:08 pm

East Blepia wrote:
Jakker City wrote:I closed over 700 embassies the other day in a couple of hours. If they mean what they say and prioritize this, I'm sure they can get it done in a matter of days at most.

Perhaps they may not actually mean what they say because they have been coerced by threat of raiding.

I would hate to see more lies from them in this thread.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:13 pm

The Ambassadors Reception wrote:The Liberation states that it applies to "Delegate-imposed barriers". So assuming that's true, this Liberation would be toothless.

No, it applies to ROs also. Only the Founder is immune to it.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Jakker City
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:39 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:
The Ambassadors Reception wrote:The Liberation states that it applies to "Delegate-imposed barriers". So assuming that's true, this Liberation would be toothless.

Which might have been what The Ambassadors Reception was referring to. I interpreted their post as implying that the founder imposed the password. So in that case, they did not technically lie about that specific piece and that's my bad for misinterpreting, but as has been noted, the proposal would still have an impact and as we are seeing it is having an impact.

Look forward to seeing the embassies being closed soon. :)
Last edited by Jakker City on Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:59 pm

So is this still going to be submitted or not?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Jakker City
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:04 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:So is this still going to be submitted or not?

SC proposals typically hang around the forums a bit for discussion. There is no immediate rush and as I have said if The Embassy follows through with what they said including closing the embassies, there will not be a pressing need to submit this.

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:45 pm

The Ambassadors Reception wrote:
Awesomeland012345 wrote:they unendorse the delegate, and this resolution does nothing.

That's an interesting angle to take, though I doubt it works like that.

Liberation: A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

ohhhhh…
guess I should've brushed up on that definition first.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

The Ambassadors Reception
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ambassadors Reception » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:57 pm

Awesomeland012345 wrote:
The Ambassadors Reception wrote:That's an interesting angle to take, though I doubt it works like that.

Liberation: A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

ohhhhh…
guess I should've brushed up on that definition first.

Looks like that's inaccurate (see next quote)

Jar Wattinree wrote:

Really? That wording is very misleading. I'll raise this in Technical. I doubt it's often that offensive Liberations have an impact based on this technicality, but best to avoid that ever happening.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:14 pm

I see absolutely no threat by The Embassy from a Gameplay, Roleplay, or OOC-Ideology standpoint. Their name is literally The Embassy, and their goal is literally to gain the most embassies possible.

This just feels like an attempt to gain a valuable trophy.
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Jakker City
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Great Algerstonia wrote:I see absolutely no threat by The Embassy from a Gameplay, Roleplay, or OOC-Ideology standpoint. Their name is literally The Embassy, and their goal is literally to gain the most embassies possible.

As has been stated before, they already have the most embassies by a significant percentage. Removing less than 100 embassies will not change their identity or that distinction, but will go a long way in showing a set of expectations for what ideals are promoted or which are not.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:23 pm

Jakker City wrote:
Great Algerstonia wrote:I see absolutely no threat by The Embassy from a Gameplay, Roleplay, or OOC-Ideology standpoint. Their name is literally The Embassy, and their goal is literally to gain the most embassies possible.

As has been stated before, they already have the most embassies by a significant percentage. Removing less than 100 embassies will not change their identity or that distinction, but will go a long way in showing a set of expectations for what ideals are promoted or which are not.

I heavily doubt that the Embassy promotes fascism. Heavily.

One of The Embassy's goals is to create a heavily accessible RMB for all to enjoy. Basically a game-side forums.

The Forums allows fascists to discuss on the forums.

Does this mean that the Forums support fascism? Of course not. The same can be applied for The Embassy.
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:25 pm

Btw. The Embassy removed the fascist tag from the region.

The Ship God
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ship God » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:27 pm

What a dumb proposal.
The embassy is not fascist
you are just trying to get a trophy
and Fash regions shouldnt be mentioned

Apostate
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Apostate » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Looks like the black hawks are trying to belong to the second region to ever raid the embassy. A vote for this is simply a vote for a raider to continue badge hunting.

Offensive liberations are also lame. Quit being lazy and i filtrate if you want that password! Thats what real raiders do anyhow.

Against
Last edited by Apostate on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

What a man really says when he says that someone else can be persuaded by force, is that he himself is incapable of more rational means of communication.

Jakker City
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:57 pm

Apostate wrote:Looks like the black hawks are trying to belong to the second region to ever raid the embassy. A vote for this is simply a vote for a raider to continue badge hunting.

Offensive liberations are also lame. Quit being lazy and i filtrate if you want that password! Thats what real raiders do anyhow.

Against

I'm not quite sure though if you know what it means to be a real raider, but always appreciate your hate for TBH. :hug:

Paleoconservative Citizens
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:58 pm

Jakker City wrote:
Apostate wrote:Looks like the black hawks are trying to belong to the second region to ever raid the embassy. A vote for this is simply a vote for a raider to continue badge hunting.

Against

I'm not quite sure though if you know what it means to be a real raider, but always appreciate your hate for TBH. :hug:

He's right though. This is nothing more than an attempt to get some "Oh I took down the embassy" bragging rights. There's, as I said before, nothing wrong The Embassy, what is wrong is your attempt to bring down a good and helpful region just for your own gain, under the guise that it's to stop hate.
Lutheran, Conservative. An ancient puppet brought to you by The Sladerstan
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works, likewise, bad works do not make a bad man, but a bad man does bad works.

Chris White, leader of AAPC

Disclaimer: I often use gender and sex as interchangeable terms.

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:
Jakker City wrote:

He's right though. This is nothing more than an attempt to get some "Oh I took down the embassy" bragging rights. There's, as I said before, nothing wrong The Embassy, what is wrong is your attempt to bring down a good and helpful region just for your own gain, under the guise that it's to stop hate.

Exactly! Which is why they're liberating it!
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:08 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:

Correct. Once someone changes the original founder password, the liberation will then affect that password.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:35 pm

A reminder on how Liberations work:
[violet] wrote:The Liberation mechanic is really simple: it just makes the regional password (if any) ineffective while there's no active Founder. If a region with a Founder gets Liberated, the region will gain its little badge, but nothing else will change: any password will remain in force. Should the Founder CTE, though, the password would suddenly become valid.

So there's no need to intervene: the WA can pass a Liberation resolution on any region it wants, regardless of whether it actually has a password, a Delegate, or a Founder. It won't do anything unless the region has no Founder and an active password, but we don't care about that.

Who imposed the password is irrelevant. All that matters is whether the Founder is alive or not.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Narvatus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Narvatus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:19 am

An embassy with The Embassy is not a mark of added legitimacy, there are no special requirements to having one other than your region existing. They do however provide attention to fascist regions, yet they can just as well provide attention to equally obscene beliefs. This is simply a shoddy yet regrettably popular excuse to raid The Embassy.
Last edited by Narvatus on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Zealand Founder
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Zealand Founder » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:24 am

The Embassy is called The Embassy as it is a place where regions can hold public talks and other negotiations without needing any actual embassies, which signal diplomatic ties and is not favorable with hostile regions. Yes, you can also use telegrams, but if it involves a lot of people it gets costly. Discord also works, but again if you are hostile, leaking your Discord server is not good. So basically: it's cheap, it's easy, and it's free. It's also just a place to hang out if you want to talk with people outside of your social circle.

So no. Don't. You messed up SECFanatics already, and that was a thriving community.
JUCHE GANG

Codd
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Codd » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:36 am

Well, it seems to me that once again, a group of fantastics within the World Assembly wants to destroy another region simply because it dared to decide for itself who to associate with. Of course, it also doesn't matter that The Embassy associates with regions of all ideologies and don't take sides, but please, don't let that stop you.

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:57 am

Codd wrote:... but please, don't let that stop you.

I certainly hope it won't. :)
Last edited by Praeceps on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Codd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Codd » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:01 am

Conducting such an action against a region that has done no wrong will only continue to show that the World Assembly is just the enforcer of the left, further solidifying resentment from the right.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:01 am

Codd wrote:Conducting such an action against a region that has done no wrong will only continue to show that the World Assembly is just the enforcer of the left, further solidifying resentment from the right.

Your opinion is not valued, as you are a fascist
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Codd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Codd » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:04 am

And this right here is what I mean. And you wonder why we hate you so much.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council