NATION

PASSWORD

[Q&A] Ask the Chinese Federation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The-Chinese-Federation
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

[Q&A] Ask the Chinese Federation

Postby The-Chinese-Federation » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:00 pm

After careful consideration, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, M.K. Li, will be taking questions from foreign dignitaries interested in the history, culture, and current situation within the Chinese Federation. If you wish to submit a question for consideration, feel free to post it in this diplomatic channel.

OOC: Please tag OOC questions with OOC: I'm making this thread so I can figure out what parts of my lore need expanding/improvement. If you have any specific suggestions on how I can improve the lore, feel free to telegram me.
We do not use NS Stats, policies, or otherwise. Please only judge us by what is in our factbooks.

An alternate history version of China in which the alliance between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party never broke down, eventually resulting in a federalized, democratic China. Though one of the world's strongest economies and an emerging superpower, China continues to suffer from high rates of income inequality, an overreaching and sometimes corrupt government, and cultural issues that continue to persist despite the efforts of many reformers over the decades. Most factbooks are still an active WIP.

Main Factbook | Leader Factbook | Q&A | My Other Nations

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:02 pm

OOC: Why did you not choose to keep the Beiyang flag or the KMT flag? Why combine them? It looks great, don't get me wrong, but I'm curious.
Last edited by Union of Sovereign States and Republics on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

The-Chinese-Federation
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The-Chinese-Federation » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:05 pm

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:OOC: Why did you not choose to keep the Beiyang flag or the KMT flag? Why combine them? It looks great, don't get me wrong, but I'm curious.

OOC: Above all, I wanted a flag design that stood out, I didn't want to just wholesale use an already existing flag. Furthermore, I wanted a flag that reflected on the nature of China in this timeline - a country built on collaboration and federalism, as opposed to infighting and oppression. I explain the symbolism further in this factbook.
Last edited by The-Chinese-Federation on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We do not use NS Stats, policies, or otherwise. Please only judge us by what is in our factbooks.

An alternate history version of China in which the alliance between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party never broke down, eventually resulting in a federalized, democratic China. Though one of the world's strongest economies and an emerging superpower, China continues to suffer from high rates of income inequality, an overreaching and sometimes corrupt government, and cultural issues that continue to persist despite the efforts of many reformers over the decades. Most factbooks are still an active WIP.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 am

OOC: Are you actually Chinese? If not, how fluent are you in the language? Would you mind if I come to you to consult about translation issues?

Another separate string of questions. How popular are English names in YN? Is it just like irl where some have one and others don't or is it somehow different? What is your opinion on them?
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

The-Chinese-Federation
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The-Chinese-Federation » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:27 am

A m e n r i a wrote:OOC: Are you actually Chinese? If not, how fluent are you in the language? Would you mind if I come to you to consult about translation issues?

Another separate string of questions. How popular are English names in YN? Is it just like irl where some have one and others don't or is it somehow different? What is your opinion on them?

OOC: To be completely honest, I'm not actually Chinese, nor am I really that fluent in the language. I try to use already existing translations when possible - as opposed to relying on Google Translate - though if there are still issues nevertheless, I wouldn't mind a consultation to fix such errors.

As for the English names, they're relatively common, especially in the new generation and in heavily Western-influenced areas like Hong Kong, though they're not the majority. Nevertheless, I don't really personally have an opinion on them.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:36 pm

The-Chinese-Federation wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:OOC: Are you actually Chinese? If not, how fluent are you in the language? Would you mind if I come to you to consult about translation issues?

OOC: To be completely honest, I'm not actually Chinese, nor am I really that fluent in the language. I try to use already existing translations when possible - as opposed to relying on Google Translate - though if there are still issues nevertheless, I wouldn't mind a consultation to fix such errors.

As for the English names, they're relatively common, especially in the new generation and in heavily Western-influenced areas like Hong Kong, though they're not the majority. Nevertheless, I don't really personally have an opinion on them.

The first question was more "can you help me with translation" than "can I help you with translation" lol
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Return to Factbooks and National Information